Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Oh yeah, I want to be clearly in the record that that rule is dumb, sexist, and I think maybe not legally able to be enforced if someone decided to push it. It's clearly discriminatory -- you can say the DCC is different than the Cowboys, but it is the same employer.

Texas is in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, probably the most conservative and employer-friendly appeals court in the country, so it probably would withstand scrutiny. Im sure they don't want any legal challenge though, even if it wouldn't be successful, if only because of the potential negative publicity. Holly gave them a gift with underage drinking in a public, 21 and up bar and then the lying about it. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Oh yeah, I want to be clearly in the record that that rule is dumb, sexist, and I think maybe not legally able to be enforced if someone decided to push it. It's clearly discriminatory -- you can say the DCC is different than the Cowboys, but it is the same employer.

Given that in Iowa a guy was legally allowed to fire a female employee because he wanted to have sex with her and thought he'd risk cheating on his wife if the employee remained at her job - despite the fact said employee had never made any sort of move or implied she'd want anything to do with the guy, and HE was the one sexually harrassing her (constantly asking about her sex life and told her that if she saw his pants bulging it meant she was wearing too revealing an outfit, and he even told people 'she did nothing wrong' when she was fired - I think DCC would get away with firing someone for fraternization.   Yes, different states, but sexist puritanical BS is sexist puritanical BS

• Love 4

In those pictures posted above, while Madeleine is soft, she doesn't look out of place with it.  I don't see muffin top, I don't see jiggle, nothing.  However, there's a girl with long (to the middle of her back) medium brown hair that looks REALLY soft.  She's second from our left in the first picture and the first one (faded out) to our left in the second picture.  However, I"m not sure if it's the same girl because the hair looks darker in the second picture.  That girl is definitely heavier and that angle/move doesn't do her any favors.

As for Holly (and this is all my own opinion), it sounds like getting busted last year didn't do anything to stop her behavior.  In fact, it sounds like she rebelled in a "Nobody's going to tell ME what to do!" type of way.  Add to that, that she's reportedly going out to clubs underage (possibly using a fake id/trading on her DCC reputation to get in) and drinking means that Judy and Kelli have a problem on their hands.  Given the attitude we've seen from Holly and all the reports we've been hearing about her, she probably thought she was untouchable on the DCC and they weren't going to do anything to her, no matter what she actually did.  Then, when they heard this second round of rumors (from Instagram/others/here) and confronted both her and Jenna about it (separately of course), Holly went first and lied through her teeth about it because, to her, she's Holly and can get away with anything!  They probably didn't buy it but wanted to hear from Jenna and when Jenna spilled and apologized, then all evidence pointed to Holly as lying about everything so they gave Holly  the "Retire or get cut" speech.  Upset she got busted (and realizing that she couldn't get away with everything like she thought), she quit, possibly thinking "I want people to think I did this because I wanted to, not because you're kicking me to the curb."  Holly getting cut and Jenna not (and Holly possibly finding out that Jenna didn't lie to save Holly while Holly did lie) was probably what caused the fallout there.  Just speculation.

• Love 9

On a different note, here's a clip of the hip hop dance from yesterday. Madeline and Kalyssa are most visible in this clip? 

Moderator question: since the team hasn't been announced yet on the show, clips featuring the team dancing should still be posted in this thread and not the Media one, right? 

26 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

On a different note, here's a clip of the hip hop dance from yesterday. Madeline and Kalyssa are most visible in this clip? 

Moderator question: since the team hasn't been announced yet on the show, clips featuring the team dancing should still be posted in this thread and not the Media one, right? 

Media thread can have spoilers too, I always post videos there. If I've been doing it wrong...oops

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Media thread can have spoilers too, I always post videos there. If I've been doing it wrong...oops

No, you're right. I just looked back and there's a very clear "Spoilers" tag on the Media thread. Not sure how I missed that lol. Moderators, please ignore my previous question. 

Yes!  This year's first set of Dallas Morning News post-gameday photos featuring the beloved DCC.  For some reason, Kalyssa was specifically identified by name in the caption below her DMN photo.  Generally the photos are just generically captioned as a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader(s).  Girlfriend must already have a following. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboysphotos/2017/09/10/photos-cole-beasley-makes-sensational-catch-jason-witten-breaks-another-record-cowboys-giants

1505104386-NS_10CowboysGiants37_58734810

1505104386-NS_10CowboysGiants36_58734808

1505104386-NS_10CowboysGiants35_58734806

1505101954-CowboysGiants_AL022_58734318_

I think the "no fraternizing with players" rule has a couple effects.  One, it may stop girls from trying out just to try and get close to the players.  Two, it reinforces the fact that the DCC is a professional organization.  It may be sexist, but the women sign a contract and should fully understand what the penalties are for breaking it. 

• Love 3

Since we all have our favorites...here are my all time and current:

(Sort of my take on the request to rank all the current vets)

all-time

1 - Abigail Klein, 2 - Mia Greenhouse, 3 - Jessica Purdy, 4 - Mackenzie Lee, 5 - Kinzie Ryanne, 6 - Jenn K

Current:

Top 15 - Cersten, Lacey, Robyn, Heather, KaShara, Simone, Bess, Khalyn, Yuko, Maggie, Jinelle, Jenna, Tasha, Milan, Amy (Cersten being my number 1 and then in order)

the rest of the vets are all great...very happy with this season...just really sad about Erica (whatever the circumstances were)

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Yeah, there's no possible way it was for her injury. I'm thinking that we'll never know the true reason :( 

I want to believe she saw the Jenna and Holly situation, knew it was BS, and bounced. Probably not, but what a great fantasy to believe someone would call out the double standard.

2 hours ago, California Girl said:

If they were friends before, they probably won't be friends any more.  I prefer my friends to be discreet about my confidences.  

Not to mention, either DCC are idiots for not making Stephanie sign a nondisclosure, or Stephanie is an idiot for violating it. 

Edited by Dccfan126
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, lfedncr said:

This is something these 2 ladies were VERY well aware of and continued with the flagrant behavior. It occurred last year, both were removed from the USO tour due to their indiscretions. Despite that they continued with the behavior on multiple occasions. K & J looked the other way until the could not.  If it would have been any other 2 ladies they would have been immediately dismissed from the squad last year.  I think most people on here are upset with the looking of the other way and not being consistent in what were printed-signed contracts imposed by K & J as well as the Cowboys organization.

I am actually doing a slow burn about this -- this was likely all about Zeke and nothing about the DCC. "Zeke takes underage Cowboys employee to club and then home to have sex" is not a narrative they want right now. So obviously, ditch the girl.

Lesson learned -- if you are going to screw a football player make sure it is a boring, vanilla mediocre scandal free dude no one cares about like Jeff Heath.

• Love 11

So we had awesome seats last night- 25 yard line, 3 level. So great view of the field and the big screen. Here are my thoughts:

Kashara shined on the big screen. She is not  built like Lacey, but nothing jiggled. She had a sparkle in her eye, and really brought something special. The men in our section loved her. 

Lacey also sparkled. She also brings something extra and her body is to die for. 

Kalyssa looks great in HD. She was a great dancer and is very pretty. 

Ive already posted about Kelsey. They seriously need to keep her forever. Prettiest girl on the squad.

I'm just over Jenna. All I could notice was her appendectomy scar, which looks one foot long on that giant screen. 

Christina looked awkward. 

There were definitely girls who looked heavy. Tasha looked better, but not as skinny as last year auditions. I don't know the names of the girls who I thought looked heavy, so they were rookies bc I know all the vets. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

In those pictures posted above, while Madeleine is soft, she doesn't look out of place with it.  I don't see muffin top, I don't see jiggle, nothing.  However, there's a girl with long (to the middle of her back) medium brown hair that looks REALLY soft.  She's second from our left in the first picture and the first one (faded out) to our left in the second picture.  However, I"m not sure if it's the same girl because the hair looks darker in the second picture.  That girl is definitely heavier and that angle/move doesn't do her any favors.

As for Holly (and this is all my own opinion), it sounds like getting busted last year didn't do anything to stop her behavior.  In fact, it sounds like she rebelled in a "Nobody's going to tell ME what to do!" type of way.  Add to that, that she's reportedly going out to clubs underage (possibly using a fake id/trading on her DCC reputation to get in) and drinking means that Judy and Kelli have a problem on their hands.  Given the attitude we've seen from Holly and all the reports we've been hearing about her, she probably thought she was untouchable on the DCC and they weren't going to do anything to her, no matter what she actually did.  Then, when they heard this second round of rumors (from Instagram/others/here) and confronted both her and Jenna about it (separately of course), Holly went first and lied through her teeth about it because, to her, she's Holly and can get away with anything!  They probably didn't buy it but wanted to hear from Jenna and when Jenna spilled and apologized, then all evidence pointed to Holly as lying about everything so they gave Holly  the "Retire or get cut" speech.  Upset she got busted (and realizing that she couldn't get away with everything like she thought), she quit, possibly thinking "I want people to think I did this because I wanted to, not because you're kicking me to the curb."  Holly getting cut and Jenna not (and Holly possibly finding out that Jenna didn't lie to save Holly while Holly did lie) was probably what caused the fallout there.  Just speculation.

This scenario would definitely explain Holly's snarky posts about "Karma" and that they are most likely aimed towards Jenna.

Jenna couldn't have lied for Holly though even if she wanted to, you know? They were at a public place where so many people could have confirmed seeing her there. I'm no snitch, but if I were Jenna I don't think I would have lied either.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

This scenario would definitely explain Holly's snarky posts about "Karma" and that they are most likely aimed towards Jenna.

Jenna couldn't have lied for Holly though even if she wanted to, you know? They were at a public place where so many people could have confirmed seeing her there. I'm no snitch, but if I were Jenna I don't think I would have lied either.

I wouldn't have lied either. When you're caught, you're caught. It's a sign of maturity to take your lumps and either straighten out or get better at hiding your foolishness. Makes me wonder if Holly had been told that one more issue and she'd be fired, and that's why she lied. Otherwise, if she thought she'd be able to stay and be forgiven, why not tell the truth?

"Ask forgiveness, not permission" is not a philosophy that worked out for her.

• Love 5

If this stuff about Holly sleeping with Zeke is true, gross. He's just nasty and obviously has character issues at best, flat out domestic violence at worst. 

Now Dak? Dak is a class act 100%. His mama raised him right, and he's very intelligent. So Jenna and Dak, I get the allure for her, if it actually happened. But Holly? Girl, you can do better. 

• Love 3

@Bailey3606, I have a question if you are able to answer it. When Stephanie was giving you this information did she show any concern over the topic not being discussed outside of your conversation? I ask because it seems to validate what has been circulating here on this forum, but hasn't been confirmed by anyone involved in that organization. I am wondering if it is pretty much general knowledge  and that's why she was talking about. Maybe it is not as big of a "secret" as we have thought it to be. I can't imagine Stephanie would intentionally jeopardize her relationship with DCC. Thanks in advance :) 

Edited by PixieDust
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, California Girl said:

Yes!  This year's first set of Dallas Morning News post-gameday photos featuring the beloved DCC.  For some reason, Kalyssa was specifically identified by name in the caption below her DMN photo.  Generally the photos are just generically captioned as a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader(s).  Girlfriend must already have a following. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboysphotos/2017/09/10/photos-cole-beasley-makes-sensational-catch-jason-witten-breaks-another-record-cowboys-giants

1505104386-NS_10CowboysGiants37_58734810

1505104386-NS_10CowboysGiants36_58734808

1505104386-NS_10CowboysGiants35_58734806

1505101954-CowboysGiants_AL022_58734318_

That's a really nice pic of Chantel.

Madeline looks like a little girl.

Kalyssa looks pretty raunchy in that photo and in that hip hop dance footage.  She's really pretty just standing still and talking, but her dance style is not very "family friendly", if that makes sense?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think Kalyssa's dancing looks really raunchy here - like yuck.   She needs to tone things down big time...

• Love 4

In Season 8 the one girl was cut at finals because Charlotte thought she was too sexy for the squad, but Kalyssa can shake her money makers like this, and it is all fine and dandy. I like the other girl better, but for the life of me, I cannot remember her name.

21 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Kalyssa looks pretty raunchy in that photo and in that hip hop dance footage.  She's really pretty just standing still and talking, but her dance style is not very "family friendly", if that makes sense?

I like Madeline, but Ive never been sold on her as a DCC. is she a very good dancer, yes, is she cute, yes, but she always makes me think of a little girl playing dress up rather than an adult. Briana is younger than her, but looked more adult to me. 

Its definitely not the most flattering pic of Kalyssa, raunchy or otherwise(and when I first saw it I thought I'd be really upset if I were her and that was the picture of me chosen to be put up but thats just me), but I don;t really see in the footage of her dancing what others seem to - I don't see her as being any more raunchy in the dance than the others, seeing as how its a dance that is about 65% pelvic thrusts and gyrating so raunch is kind of always going to be hinted at. if anything, I think she looks more at home with the style and better in it than Madeline and a couple other dancers around her, some of whom really look like girls playing at a 'risque' dance.. its kinda strange to think of any dancing that is done in a yard of fabric and a push-up bra as ''family friendly' anything. 

• Love 7

i've been waiting on the Holly spoiler but to the above poster's point - it strains all credulity that Stephanie would randomly disclose this type of information to a self admitted non-friend.

after (painfully) watching her fan girl kelli and judy before showing them her choreo a season or two ago, it seems like she'd have a bit more respect for the insider information she was given. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

I just don't think Madeline looks like a DCC at all. She didn't get any screen time at the game last night either.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

In Season 8 the one girl was cut at finals because Charlotte thought she was too sexy for the squad, but Kalyssa can shake her money makers like this, and it is all fine and dandy. I like the other girl better, but for the life of me, I cannot remember her name.

Leah.

• Love 6

I didn't see it until that clip above, but yeah, Maddie is soft in the middle. Not really "not firm" but extra fluff. I agree she still looks like a child.

Kalyssa irritates me, but she's hitting it far harder than Maddie. I actually think barely trained Kalyssa is the better dancer of the two. 

• Love 5

I think Kalyssa looks a bit raunchy but the dance is raunchy, so it works for me. Judy's comment about her being nasty in a good way (or whatever it was) comes to mind here. Some of the others just look awkward. If that's Alexandra in the back, I don't like her in this at all.

43 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I just don't think Madeline looks like a DCC at all. She didn't get any screen time at the game last night either.

Leah.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Leah's issue was more about junk in the trunk than sexy solo. She had thicker thighs. Solid dancer tho, would have liked to see her in Camp. 

It's funny how years go, because every group changes so much. I think girls like Racecar Taylor and Kali who were amazing dancers and mediocre kickers would have been fine this year, especially with the more shallow pool. And some years there are more willowy girls so the thicker ones stand out. Leah's talent might have overridden a thicker bottom, especially if she looked okay in the uniform. I guess that's what is going on with the brunette from Plano? I feel like weight warning rookies don't often make it out of camp. I could be remembering wrong tho. 

17 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I think Leah's issue was more about junk in the trunk than sexy solo. She had thicker thighs. Solid dancer tho, would have liked to see her in Camp. 

It's funny how years go, because every group changes so much. I think girls like Racecar Taylor and Kali who were amazing dancers and mediocre kickers would have been fine this year, especially with the more shallow pool. And some years there are more willowy girls so the thicker ones stand out. Leah's talent might have overridden a thicker bottom, especially if she looked okay in the uniform. I guess that's what is going on with the brunette from Plano? I feel like weight warning rookies don't often make it out of camp. I could be remembering wrong tho. 

I was just thinkng that the other day. I loved RaceCar Taylor, beautiful girl, great dancer, and yeah her kicks were low but I think that could have been worked on over the season and she had a great presence and smile. this year I think she'd have been a sho-in given some of the 'talent' that made it into the squad.  wish she'd tried out again

7 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

Why does Alexandria look like she is marking the halftime dance? No energy at all! Of course it doesn't help that she has powerhouse Kalyssa in front of her.  But still... 

She really does. Even more unforgiveable she looks tired after only a few bars, and before even that short clip ends, she looks like the tank is near empty and I'd swear she misses a few beats/is slower on the thrusts.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Who is the blonde in the gray pants behind Kalyssa?  At about 0:26 those arms look like they are aimlessly flailing, like she's swatting away gnats.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Kelli didn't like Leah's bottom half.... Charlotte thought she was too sexy. 

They'd love to have Kali this year 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, milehigh said:

i've been waiting on the Holly spoiler but to the above poster's point - it strains all credulity that Stephanie would randomly disclose this type of information to a self admitted non-friend.

after (painfully) watching her fan girl kelli and judy before showing them her choreo a season or two ago, it seems like she'd have a bit more respect for the insider information she was given. 

To elaborate, Stephanie told one of her good friends, who told me. I don't believe Stephanie would tell anyone she wasn't close friends with. 

However, Stephanie's friend was shocked when I asked her what happened to Holly. She made it seem like it was public knowledge.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

To elaborate, Stephanie told one of her good friends, who told me. I don't believe Stephanie would tell anyone she wasn't close friends with. 

However, Stephanie's friend was shocked when I asked her what happened to Holly. She made it seem like it was public knowledge.  

If this is true, Stephanie is a moron.

• Love 3
On 9/11/2017 at 6:05 AM, CaseyRe said:

That's something that drives me crazy with K&J - they're never consistent. it's all dependant on how they feel about the girl. one girl will make a tiny mistake and she's gone, others could kill a player on the field and not get benched, it's crazy.  they play favourites so much it's ridiculous

That seems to be a recurring them with the NFL in general. It seems like the worst behaviors of the players off the field get excused while minor ones end up being career ending.

Edited by jadecorleone
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Leah.

I thought this was a super interesting comment ??.  I would love to know which girls got / get the most screen time at games - I assume you were referring to some of the huge HD stadium screens. 

If you could share I would love it!!

• Love 3