Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, MissKrisPcola said:

I'm way more sold on Christina this year than any other...I do think that short sassy lil haircut helped lol. I watched some of season 10 and she is almost orange with dark hair, she looks so much cuter now. 

Re: Kalina/Chandler: I agree it was messed up for Tina to call her a grandma but Chandler IS one of those TC mysteries to me ie: Karen, Rose, KD, the really tiny, timid long-haired girl whose name escapes me, Karissa...girls who totally baffle me as to why they were ever brought into Training Camp to begin with. Chandler never had the •look• to me and sorta reminds me of Carly from the Bachelor. I think Carly is cuter though esp now that she's fixed those eyebrows ?

I never understood why they take certain girls either. Rose was not attractive at all and had acne on her chest. And Karissa. Omg. I just don't get it. Her "makeover" did nothing for her. I'm pretty sure Kelli even said she looked "less trashy". Not exactly a compliment there. And when Neal made a comment during deliberations about Maddie and her non-Dcc look that a makeover "won't change her face". Ouch. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

I never understood why they take certain girls either. Rose was not attractive at all and had acne on her chest. And Karissa. Omg. I just don't get it. Her "makeover" did nothing for her. I'm pretty sure Kelli even said she looked "less trashy". Not exactly a compliment there. And when Neal made a comment during deliberations about Maddie and her non-Dcc look that a makeover "won't change her face". Ouch. 

I could understand Neal's comment in if he said it during Season 10, but not in Season 11.  Maddie was scary looking with her straight hair in Season 11 and I couldn't wait for her to be cut.  When she returned the following year with her curly hair,  I became her biggest fan.  If these girls are "America's Sweethearts", Maddie has her very own and unique take on it.   I love her curly hair and bright smile.

Edited by SimplePleasures
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Ugh - not impressed w/ anyone in this...maybe Jinelle and Tasha - Alexandria not bad.   That blonde jets girls has short Cassie legs only she's shorter overall so it looks even worse.  I'm surprised, but I don't get into Cersten all that much - she just looks very matronly or something.   Miranda kind of looks this way too.   Maybe this just isn't the best group.

I think this is the worst group. Personally, I think that Cersten saved them from being completely boring. Alexandria seemed good too but she was hidden most of the time. Aaand thr choreo doesn't help, it's so boring.

• Love 2

Have you guys seen the DCC instagram story that's a video of group 1 dancing on the sidelines? Goddamn Jenna front and centre looked good. She was popping in all the right places and made her whole group look spunky, fresh and cohesive. 

Seeing her at 'point' compared to Kashara made the differences between the two like night and day. 

Jenna, honey, please suck up to K&J like never before and get back to point. Or do whatever voodoo you did to Erica and Holly to take Kashara out as well (I'm not a fan of her, so I wouldn't even care lol). Just get out there, dance, and let me repress all the distasteful aspects of your personality haha

Side note, I kind of both love and hate that social media exists. Knowing more about some of the cheerleaders has made me like them less. It's beyond just Jenna and Holly's eye roll worthy thirst - even Erica (who I *adore*) occasionally writes questionably accurate things in her insta stories that pain me (e.g. bullshit nutrition 'facts') and Kashara's past social media posts and recent life choices just makes me permanently side eye her and wonder is she's just low-key ignorant and racist. 

But it does make me appreciate DCC like Robin and Lacey who come off as very classy on their social media. it's definitely a double-edged sword. 

• Love 4

I would be a little afraid of the Barbies. Just because you get one does not mean you make the team. 

I think the whole problem with the group is the choreography. Some of it reminds me of 80s high impact aerobics. Get with the 21st Century, Judy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, autumdusk said:

Have you guys seen the DCC instagram story that's a video of group 1 dancing on the sidelines? Goddamn Jenna front and centre looked good. She was popping in all the right places and made her whole group look spunky, fresh and cohesive. 

Seeing her at 'point' compared to Kashara made the differences between the two like night and day. 

Jenna, honey, please suck up to K&J like never before and get back to point. Or do whatever voodoo you did to Erica and Holly to take Kashara out as well (I'm not a fan of her, so I wouldn't even care lol). Just get out there, dance, and let me repress all the distasteful aspects of your personality haha

Side note, I kind of both love and hate that social media exists. Knowing more about some of the cheerleaders has made me like them less. It's beyond just Jenna and Holly's eye roll worthy thirst - even Erica (who I *adore*) occasionally writes questionably accurate things in her insta stories that pain me (e.g. bullshit nutrition 'facts') and Kashara's past social media posts and recent life choices just makes me permanently side eye her and wonder is she's just low-key ignorant and racist. 

But it does make me appreciate DCC like Robin and Lacey who come off as very classy on their social media. it's definitely a double-edged sword. 

Why do you think Kashara is racist? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think this is the worst group. Personally, I think that Cersten saved them from being completely boring. Alexandria seemed good too but she was hidden most of the time. Aaand thr choreo doesn't help, it's so boring.

I had to go back and watch because I didn't even notice Cersten the first time. She looks fine as well as Elizabeth IMO. None of the rookies do anything for me yet. Totally agree about this group though. It definitely appears to be the weakest, starting from the top with Jinelle. She's spunky and likeable but not the most powerful dancer. I watched  the clip again this morning bc I was exhausted and not in greatest mood when I watched last night, and yes, I thought it was just as boring and sloppy this morning lol.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Why do you think Kashara is racist? 

1 minute ago, parrotfeathers said:

What????    That's an awfully strong comment and needs to be deleted.

No, I said what I said. I stand by my comment. Also note that I said 'makes...me wonder if she's just low-key ignorant and racist'.  It's been mentioned by a few posters in the past - her tweets/retweets in support of deeply questionable political candidates who use racist 'dog whistle' politics. It was in some past local election (not 100% sure of what term you guys use for it in the US). Also the recent wearing of a 'culture as a costume' mess.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. They're just both adding up and creating a not so nice pattern. That's what is making me think she might be ignorant and/or racist. Just because she seems like a funny, bubbly person and a passable dancer doesn't mean she can't be either of those things. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, autumdusk said:

No, I said what I said. I stand by my comment. Also note that I said 'makes...me wonder if she's just low-key ignorant and racist'.  It's been mentioned by a few posters in the past - her tweets/retweets in support of deeply questionable political candidates who use racist 'dog whistle' politics. It was in some past local election (not 100% sure of what term you guys use for it in the US). Also the recent wearing of a 'culture as a costume' mess.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. They're just both adding up and creating a not so nice pattern. That's what is making me think she might be ignorant and/or racist. Just because she seems like a funny, bubbly person and a passable dancer doesn't mean she can't be either of those things. 

I agree.  I'm done with Kashara and the DCC should be as well.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I agree.  I'm done with Kashara and the DCC should be as well.

Thank you -- you can't argue it's a "real job" when some of the stuff kashara has put on social media would get you fired from a "real job".

My guess is in reality she is just a moron. I am sure if someone sat her down and explained to her the issue with the Group Quarto picture, and explained to her what "dog whistle" means and how some of the politicians she has endorsed and RTd use it, she could maybe learn. Hell, I would like to see someone like Jacie pull her aside and explain this to her in a simple, slow way she could process -- there is an Alumni scene for you CMT!

Otherwise, when you tweet and RT stuff like that from your WORK account, you create the assumption that you and your employer support those views. Which, maybe they do. 

• Love 4

I think Kashara is being negatively stereotyped for having a KY red neck accent. She probably goes more out of her way to be inclusive and and welcoming to all the girls than anyone, which is a big part of why she's so well liked by K&J. 

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I am sure if someone sat her down and explained to her the issue with the Group Quarto 

Quarto?  Cuatro is how you say "four" in Spanish.  And cuarto is one way to say "room" in Spanish.

-- the poster who spoke only Spanish until kindergarten.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

And welp I took typing never....

I took typing as a summer course during high school because as a girl who dreamed of becoming a lawyer (and did in fact become a trial lawyer for the DOJ), I thought it would be a good skill to have.

• Love 1
On March 19, 2017 at 2:41 PM, MrsEVH said:

We're just __  weeks away from our first home game

Tonight's a cut night

More style (Candice Romo) Had to add it :0

"We have the rookie candidates in pink & the vets in blue"-- really?? I had no idea???

on another note- alums--. Reliving the dream?? Ashton's romper was a train wreck, Tina- yikes- overdue for a makeover & she looks is like she would love to be Kelly! Cassie-- can you really be that boring- talk about vanilla!

Edited by DancingForLife
Not Chelsea- Cassie
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Point isn't just by seniority. Jenna doesn't automatically get it bc she's been there 100 years. 

Is anyone suggesting that? All of the posts saying she should point appear to be based on her dance ability, and this isnt a particularly Jenna-friendly message board (at least not over the last couple of months or so). 

While I don't think Kashara should be point  if it's based on dance, which I think it should be, I also don't think she looks bad by any means. She's fine, and its not like I watch and think "why on earth is this weak dancer in the front," I just always find myself watching someone else, which hasn't typically been the case with point girls in the past (blond Holly being the exception). 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, English Teacher said:

I'm tech challenged so I cannot post it. Did anyone see the tweet from Melissa about dancing with Jen Kat? I think Erica is there with them but I'm not sure.  Does that mean the injury is better?

It's a throwback picture 

• Love 1

A reminder: The Be Civil rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to the show, the characters, the cast, etc.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody that is related to the show as long as it does not violate site rules, i.e. is racist or homophobic etc. You can disagree without demanding they explain or persuade you. 

This means if a poster find something that a participant does to be terrible--and name it as such--they are allowed to post about it. You may disagree without making it personal. "I don't find that to be a problem, it doesn't bother me." What you aren't allowed to is rebuke, scold or make it personal in disagreement. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Kiki88 said:

Happiest she has been in a long time ? Hmmm?

IMG_4728.PNG

Her ego is the size of Texas. Insert Tyra 'we were rooting for you' gif here. Disappointed. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 15

She definitely doesn't appear to be over what happened even though she's trying SO hard to make it seem like she is. She may be a lovely, young woman with a great head on her shoulders in reality, but her social media just oozes immaturity to me. 

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Her ego is the size of Texas. Insert Tyra 'we were rooting for you' gif here. Disappointed. 

I was seriously rooting for her until I saw this. Now I'm over it. lol 

1 minute ago, Java said:

Here Holly let me fix that quote for you:

A real woman takes responsibility and moves on with class and grace. A little girl makes passive aggressive quotes on her sm because she's thirsty.

Depending on what REALLY happened. But I completely agree with you.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I absolutely agree. SMH. With her posts it's becoming painfully obvious she did not leave on good terms and is salty about something. I've heard through the Dallas dance community that a lot of it is because Jenna threw her under the bus to save her own behind thus getting Holly in big trouble and Holly always used to getting her way quit with the attitude of " let's see how well y'all do without me" . Again, I'm not sure if this is true but it is looking more and more like it just might be the case . 

• Love 8

Whatever happened, I am sure it will be edited so K&J look good.  It had to have been suddenly, as one night, K was so late getting home that the morning birds were out.  No matter, Holly's dancing enhanced the team & made the others work harder.  

IMG_8813.JPG

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Kiki88 said:

I absolutely agree. SMH. With her posts it's becoming painfully obvious she did not leave on good terms and is salty about something. I've heard through the Dallas dance community that a lot of it is because Jenna threw her under the bus to save her own behind thus getting Holly in big trouble and Holly always used to getting her way quit with the attitude of " let's see how well y'all do without me" . Again, I'm not sure if this is true but it is looking more and more like it just might be the case . 

Interesting. She's definitely salty at the organization and the tweets also appear to be a low key subtweet at Jenna. I'm curious how she threw her under the bus, assuming it's true. Unless the situation is about a lot more than underage drinking (which I've always thought honestly), it seems fairly cut and dry that one girl is 23 and the other 20 while drinking at a 21 and up club, and thus, doesn't take much throwing-under-the-bus to know that lol. If it's about more though.... 

Regardless, Holly needs to grow up and fast. Bitter is not a good look on anyone.

• Love 5

Holly goes down in my book as one of the all-time, all-star DCC in terms of dance ability.  She will no doubt have a very successful career in dance -- and perhaps also in entertainment -- given her natural talent, hard work ethic, outsized ambition, and standout personality.

But what is this cryptic post nonsense about "karma does her dirty work."?  That kind of post is immature and beneath you Holly.  Learn to take personal responsibility for the things that happen to you.  And as for whoever aggrieved you, leave it behind, let bygones be bygones, and move on in life positively.

But it does make you wonder?  Who, exactly, does Holly believe is getting their karmic due?  And why?

Could it be Erica, because she also had to leave the squad shortly thereafter?   Probably not since Holly posted a friendly throwback of the two of them, prompting lots of mutual admiration.

Is it Jenna, because she is currently not point?  Hmmm, Holly has gone radio silent about that bestie.  Or could it perhaps be KaShara, since several someones seem intent on tarnishing her reputation lately?  Doubt it is the latter since she seems like a beloved teammate who avoids the drama.

• Love 7

Well, I definitely have an open mind as to what went down and I give all parties the benefit of the doubt...but Holly's post seems very passive aggressive...especially with that little ? emoji at the end of it.  Not sure what that little toilet means exactly, but it sure doesn't come across as ?And ?

But in the end, the DCC will carry on! 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Interesting. She's definitely salty at the organization and the tweets also appear to be a low key subtweet at Jenna. I'm curious how she threw her under the bus, assuming it's true. Unless the situation is about a lot more than underage drinking (which I've always thought honestly), it seems fairly cut and dry that one girl is 23 and the other 20 while drinking at a 21 and up club, and thus, doesn't take much throwing-under-the-bus to know that lol. If it's about more though.... 

Regardless, Holly needs to grow up and fast. Bitter is not a good look on anyone.

From posts made here Holly has been going off the rails where rules are concerned since her rookie season, and she's put her teammates and roommates in difficult positions.  Given that it's the internet and people love to watch train wrecks, you really don't know how much of it is lies and how much is true.

I will say though, with so many different stories coming from so many different sources at least some of it has to be true.   I'll also say that although I'm not a fan of Jenna's, if she did narc Holly out? It was likely only one more ding against Holly and I really couldn't blame Jenna. Holly put her between a rock and a hard place and Jenna practiced self-preservation. 

All of it, the entire mess, could've been avoided if HOLLY would've not done the things she did, and done them in public to boot. Jenna took her lumps because she knew she was in the wrong, and has and will come out stronger and smarter for it down the road. 

Holly just came out of all of it unemployed. 

• Love 8

I noticed that Holly hasn't mentioned Jenna at all yet posted throw backs and expressed how she adored Erica and Cersten but why not her bestie Jenna? Nothing at all so that leaves you wondering if it is in fact true that there is bad blood there . 

• Love 6

The thing is, Holly does probably have a decent post DCC career. The truth is lots of other places will not care, at all, what went down with DCC. It's like saying you broke a rule in your sorority -- grown ups in the real world do not care.

We have all known Jenna was kind of pathetic for a while -- she probably doesn't have options past DCC. She has been one since she was 18. It's been six years. She clearly hasn't finished school in that time, and she doesn't seem to have other options. As an organization, DCC thrives when it has good soldiers who don't have other options for whom DCC is the end all be all, so they do not ask questions and do as they are told. It is just as simple as that being Jenna and that not being holly.

Edited by Dccfan126
  • Love 5

Jenna also has a father who's been a pro dancer and choreographer for decades. Megastar and network connections. Im sure he could open a few doors for Jenna. 

While I do think Jenna will be lost for a minute post DCC, because it's all she's done for the past six years, she stands a decent chance at a pro dance career, if that's what she wants.

I think that when a lot of these girls take 5+ years to finish school, it's because they've done the bare minimum to stay a full time student and dedicated most of their efforts to DCC. 

• Love 5

If the Holly rumors are true and she left on bad terms she's handling it the wrong way. The mature response would be to exit gracefully. The graceful exit would also make those on the outside wonder or maybe question the reason for her cut. Acting like she is now on social media just confirms to many others that DCC was right in cutting her. Some employers have taken advantage of me and treated me horribly. I still handled it gracefully and built a good reputation in my field because of it. I have people regularly seeking me out for employment not just for my skills but because of how I have handled working for some high profile but notoriously difficult employers. Holly is an amazing dancer and one of the best DCC has had, but in the dance world there are others just as good as she is. Who would you take if talent is essentially equal? Not the girl with the bad attitude who is posting passive aggressive remarks on social media. 

• Love 7

I think the biggest mystery is why Erica isn't posting about Jenna anymore (and vice versa). Those were truly bffs and posted about each other all the time, but now Erica is all #teamholly, so the rumors about Jenna are probably true. Not that this excuses Holly's behavior, but I think that the first time you truly see a backstabber getting what they want at your expense hurts so much and at her age, it's really difficult to handle. Problem is, previous generations didn't have social media to capture all their stupid mistakes and overblown reactions. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think the biggest mystery is why Erica isn't posting about Jenna anymore (and vice versa). Those were truly bffs and posted about each other all the time, but now Erica is all #teamholly, so the rumors about Jenna are probably true. Not that this excuses Holly's behavior, but I think that the first time you truly see a backstabber getting what they want at your expense hurts so much and at her age, it's really difficult to handle. Problem is, previous generations didn't have social media to capture all their stupid mistakes and overblown reactions. 

Honestly this whole mess has really ruined this season's team. Hopefully the rest of the girls learn from this nonsense and they don't have any troublemakers in the future. Surely after all of this no one would think of stepping a toe out of line.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Java said:

Here Holly let me fix that quote for you:

A real woman takes responsibility and moves on with class and grace. A little girl makes passive aggressive quotes on her sm because she's thirsty.

I really really really want someone to respond to it with something like this. Girl needs a reality check. Exit gracefully, no one did you wrong. You did YOU wrong. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

The thing is, Holly does probably have a decent post DCC career. The truth is lots of other places will not care, at all, what went down with DCC. It's like saying you broke a rule in your sorority -- grown ups in the real world do not care.

We have all known Jenna was kind of pathetic for a while -- she probably doesn't have options past DCC. She has been one since she was 18. It's been six years. She clearly hasn't finished school in that time, and she doesn't seem to have other options. As an organization, DCC thrives when it has good soldiers who don't have other options for whom DCC is the end all be all, so they do not ask questions and do as they are told. It is just as simple as that being Jenna and that not being holly.

A future employer probably won't care about Holly's underage drinking or dating players, agreed; however if she takes an immature, entitled attitude with her to her next job, then she will likely find herself out of the door sooner or later as well. No matter what she may believe, she's not on the level of a Misty Copeland or Steph Curry or Tom Brady....ppl who actually are invaluable to their employers. She's not even like an attorney at a law firm who is an insufferable asshole but still keeps his/her job because he/she brings in so much money. She's another wonderful dancer in a world where there are lots of wonderful dancers.

Hopefully, Jenna has gotten the message that she's expendable too. I say this as someone who thinks the team is weak this year and thinks both Holly and Jenna were/are two of the best dancers on the team, but the team can go on without them. The vast majority of fans probably are not concerned with who is and isn't on the team. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 5

I was looking at DCC photos over on the Cowboys website and I noticed that during the National Anthem the cheerleaders have their poms in their left hand and their right hand on their hearts.  It made me wonder if the international DCC such as Jinelle and Yuko are also required to put their hands over their hearts or if only American DCC do.  If I were the citizen of another country, I think I would feel uncomfortable doing that.  I'd stand, of course, to show respect, but keep both hands at my sides.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I was looking at DCC photos over on the Cowboys website and I noticed that during the National Anthem the cheerleaders have their poms in their left hand and their right hand on their hearts.  It made me wonder if the international DCC such as Jinelle and Yuko are also required to put their hands over their hearts or if only American DCC do.  If I were the citizen of another country, I think I would feel uncomfortable doing that.  I'd stand, of course, to show respect, but keep both hands at my sides.

They both put their hands over their hearts, whether or not they are required to I don't know. Yuko mentioned last week on the live chat that the national anthem was her favorite part of the game because it made her think about her dream coming true or something like that. I thought it was really sweet. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 9