Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Since this is all speculation right now & told from an insider, of course Shelly isn't going to come on here and give us the scoop. I mean seriously? ?Plus we've received little to no spoilers at all this season. It wouldn't really make sense for a small fan base to know before something is posted publicly confirming this allegation. 

I think it can be agreed that two rather highly visible and important vets did not attend the HOF trip and that itself is a big deal.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

If Holly left or got cut, the editors of MTT are probably $hitting a brick right now trying to make changes to tonight's show. 

I don't think anything will be shown, especially tonight.  This is making the team and follows the process.  Whatever happened with Holly and Jenna may not come up at all on the series.  Short of announcing the team (which may have already be done for all the info we have) the series is done for the year.

Just now, Nancybeth said:

I wonder if it's less probation or being cut, and more, "You made a mistake and your punishment is that you don't get to go on a cool trip"?

That and Kitty makes them run a gauntlet while everybody kicks down the floor. Then they cut their pin strings in half for shame. Ok I totally made that up, if there was any question. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

It will never not be hysterical to me that this organization dishes out harsher punishments for cheerleaders who go to bars and listen to rap music than it does the actual criminals it sends out on the field to play.

I doubt if the music they listen to has anything to do with the behavior. I agree that the players get away with too much when they are supposed to be a standard of excellence .I am actually wondering if Shelly, whom I love and appreciate on this board,  most likely lets them know what kind of rumors and speculation occur about what they do and what they post, and I am sure she is more dedicated to protecting them than giving us the scoop and I would do the same regardless of poor choices, a reputation can ruin a girls life and if there was bad behavior I am sure it will not be turned into dramatic material for the show. I think Judy and Kelli would not allow it to jeopardize these young women's futures. That would NOT be an example of world class.

12 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Would she try SYTYCD again? She did that before auditioning for DCC. I think made it to top 50/Vegas?

I would think she'd be up for trying it again - it's a great show, more tv time, and has led to paid dance jobs for quite a few of the contestants. Seems like her wheelhouse, honestly. She probably just needed to mature and gain some polish from when she had tried out before. I thought she was adorable when she tried out for DCC, but her look has grown up a lot. 

31 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

It will never not be hysterical to me that this organization dishes out harsher punishments for cheerleaders who go to bars and listen to rap music than it does the actual criminals it sends out on the field to play.

That's all about revenue. I don't like some of the shady players the Cowboys bring, but they have a very unique skill set to offer. Wins means more dollars for Jerry. A RB isn't interchangeable the way a dancer is, you know? 

Either way, this whole thing has escalated VERY quickly based on two gals not being shown in a picture. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

By the time anything reaches here, methinks it's old news to Kelli and Judy. I doubt Shelly reports anything they don't already know.

Big things, for sure. But we have more time to comb through all of the Facebook,  Instagram and Snapchat accounts than Shannon the social media guy and whatever random intern he has working for him at any given time. 

Especially during camp, I wouldn't be surprised if we find things faster than they do. It's just a matter of resources and priority. 

I could be totally wrong, but making assumptions based off the social media teams we've had at the major retailers I've worked at...it's surprising how little resources are used to be proactive vs. reactive. 

22 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I doubt if the music they listen to has anything to do with the behavior. I agree that the players get away with too much when they are supposed to be a standard of excellence .I am actually wondering if Shelly, whom I love and appreciate on this board,  most likely lets them know what kind of rumors and speculation occur about what they do and what they post, and I am sure she is more dedicated to protecting them than giving us the scoop and I would do the same regardless of poor choices, a reputation can ruin a girls life and if there was bad behavior I am sure it will not be turned into dramatic material for the show. I think Judy and Kelli would not allow it to jeopardize these young women's futures. That would NOT be an example of world class.

I don't know. Remember LeGrand?

• Love 1

I don't want to be mean, but I don't think Christina is pretty enough to make the team. I also hate her hair.

I do remember that they let Morgan on the team that one year, so anything can happen. 

IF it is true that Holly quit or was dismissed: K&J and CMT can get out of this by playing out the season as it's already been edited, then before they show the veterans going to HOF, announce to the squad that Holly left for "personal reasons."

Again, this is a big "if," as nothing has been confirmed. 

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

IF it is true that Holly quit or was dismissed: K&J and CMT can get out of this by playing out the season as it's already been edited, then before they show the veterans going to HOF, announce to the squad that Holly left for "personal reasons." 

Since training camp is still ongoing and the squad has not been announced, no changes need to be done to any editing or episodes that already had been completed prior to HoF. If anything has happened with Holly or Jenna, it can be shown in correct sequence with any other squad discussions/changes, as in any other year.

4 minutes ago, bk10 said:

I don't want to be mean, but I don't think Christina is pretty enough to make the team. I also hate her hair.

I do remember that they let Morgan on the team that one year, so anything can happen. 

I feel the same way about Amy L and they put her on the team and I think Christina looks better than her. IMO

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

Since training camp is still ongoing and the squad has not been announced, no changes need to be done to any editing or episodes that already had been completed prior to HoF. If anything has happened with Holly or Jenna, it can be shown in correct sequence with any other squad discussions/changes, as in any other year.

If Holly did any mentoring sessions or additional interviews, they may not want to show those.  Remember she was featured in the fitness challenge and with some additional interviews with Ally last year.  I don't think that they should make any concessions to the show if she is no longer with the team. I definitely think that they should address it, if it is true. 

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

If Holly did any mentoring sessions or additional interviews, they may not want to show those.  Remember she was featured in the fitness challenge and with some additional interviews with Ally last year.  I don't think that they should make any concessions to the show if she is no longer with the team. I definitely think that they should address it, if it is true. 

If she did get extra TV time in the early episodes, the later issues (if true) would be all the more reason to NOT edit it out. Show producers would love the setup for the unexpected drama.

• Love 2

New poster, but have read this forum for several years.

So much for a boring season.  This Holly/Jenna situation has certainly given me life. I'll be eagerly awaiting the truth.  COME ON SHELLY, I might die of suspense.

In other news, I'm so happy Robin was named an asst. leader. Was surprised that she got it over Holly.  Now I'm getting some understanding.

I love love love Cersten.  She's up in the front triangle at Canton (not point)..

Edited by hypeman
Clarity
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

We already know that Holly & Jenna have had multi-year issues of improper contact with players; at least once in a very public setting when one was underage.

And yet, probation for them and an almost-immediate dismissal for "the fatty." Yes, Chelsea needed to be made aware that her conduct was not a joking matter. But surely probation should have come before dismissal.

IIRC she wasn't dismissed that night. K&J brought her in to talk to her. Then they focused on her poor dancing for a while and THEN let her go.  It may have all happened in 1 episode, but it was over a short period of time and you don't always know how much time lapses on the show.

• Love 2

Ok sooo... What if all this holly and Jenna speculation was just started to increase viewer excitement of the show?? Like production decided they may be the most potential "scandalous" girls so decided to have them stay back from the Hof game to train with the rookies and cause all of us to go nuts?

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

That really bugs me, and if this is true, then they're no better than the football teams who let their star players get away with shit.

Oh Im not suggesting that it's right, just that I bet that if Chelsea were a star performer on the team, her mouthing off may not have been so detrimental. Likewise, K&J give certain girls more leeway in weight warnings than others. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Grahamsmom said:

Ok sooo... What if all this holly and Jenna speculation was just started to increase viewer excitement of the show?? Like production decided they may be the most potential "scandalous" girls so decided to have them stay back from the Hof game to train with the rookies and cause all of us to go nuts?

I don't think they'd keep the most senior vets and maybe most visible girl from the HOF without a better reason than fake buzz. 

Just now, HowdeeDo said:

They've been using that pic of Maggie and Robin for awhile though. It used to have Erica in it too. 

That one had Kashara, not Maggie.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Oh Im not suggesting that it's right, just that I bet that if Chelsea were a star performer on the team, her mouthing off may not have been so detrimental. Likewise, K&J give certain girls more leeway in weight warnings than others. 

Sorry if it sounded that way, but I definitely didn't think you were implying it was right.  My bitch was with how things go that way, not with you :)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't think they'd keep the most senior vets and maybe most visible girl from the HOF without a better reason than fake buzz. 

That one had Kashara, not Maggie.

They mix and match individual pics of the girls....

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

I agree, but the DCC are supposed to be "America's Sweethearts" and above bad behavior.  We're supposed to love the bad boys, don't ya know? *eyeroll*

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

If she did get extra TV time in the early episodes, the later issues (if true) would be all the more reason to NOT edit it out. Show producers would love the setup for the unexpected drama.

Plus (again if true) it would really show that nobody is above the rules.

• Love 1

If past seasons are any indication, they may just ignore it (if indeed Holly left or got cut). Amy Reese got cut for weight in Season Six. She threatened legal action if they showed her office session with J & K. So she disappeared from the show with no explanation whatsoever. 

I keep looking at Jenna's instagram story of the rookies last night.  There's no way to see who everybody is, but all the brunettes are counted and one of the blonde/dirty blondes is missing.  Christina is easy to make out on the right side with her smile and short hair.  If you look at the hair length of the other blondes, they all have lengthy hair which makes me think that Tara's not in the picture...

added:  Unless she's the first blonde on the far left....  hard to tell.

Edited by Tootie
4 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I keep looking at Jenna's instagram story of the rookies last night.  There's no way to see who everybody is, but all the brunettes are counted and one of the blonde/dirty blondes is missing.  Christina is easy to make out on the right side with her smile and short hair.  If you look at the hair length of the other blondes, they all have lengthy hair which makes me think that Tara's not in the picture...

It looks like Tara from the jets is in front of Christina. Taryn from the ice angels had a IG story yesterday with her legs in those massage boots.

1 minute ago, Rosiemac said:

It looks like Tara from the jets is in front of Christina. Taryn from the ice angels had a IG story yesterday with her legs in those massage boots.

Maybe so...  I was thinking that was Alexandria?  Like I said, very hard to tell....  definitely a blonde/dirty blonde missing though.

2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Maybe so...  I was thinking that was Alexandria?  Like I said, very hard to tell....  definitely a blonde/dirty blonde missing though.

She had roots like Tara has....I was looking for Alexandria on the left. It is with er her or Kalyssa at point. I saw two bright blondes on left and that is probably Lexie and Brennan. Lauren has the wavy hair. Taryn looks like she is in the middle. 

3 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

Tonight's show is about the first day of auditions, for non-vets. Holly likely won't be shown to any degree that would require editing.

I totally forgot tonight is the premier.....priorities.... Does anyone remember how soon it's available on CMT.com? Won't be able to watch live tonight.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
19 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Been on vacation for last 2 days with no internet. Did they announce the team or anything new happened? I'm too lazy to go back and look at pervious pages.

Holly quit, Jenna is on probation and everything's on fire. 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Holly quit?  The team or show group? What's Jenna on probation for?

Speculation started when someone on Instagram posted that Holly quit the team two days before they left for Ohio. Kashara is at point and there was no sign of Jenna either. Then last night Jenna posted on her Insta story  that she was at the star with the tccs teaching or something so she's still accounted for. Holly's social media has been quiet ever since Oxnard. This probably has to do with the constant rumors they've both been in with players/partying (and in Holly's case being caught underage at a club). 

Edited by HowdeeDo
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Speculation started when someone on Instagram posted that Holly quit two days before they left for Ohio. Kashara is at point and there was no sign of Jenna either. Then last night Jenna posted on her Insta story  that she was at the star with the tccs teaching or something so she's still accounted for. Holly's social media has been quiet ever since Oxnard. This probably has to do with the constant rumors they've both been in with players/partying (and in Holly's case being caught underage at a club). 

If it's true  I wonder if it will be covered on the show.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

If it's true  I wonder if it will be covered on the show.

That's kind of were we left off. Someone tagged Shelly in the beginning of speculations and she said "you'll have to wait and see" or something like that. I guess we will since everyone's kept quiet about it. 

Super long time lurker here, have seen every season... I'm basically dying right now, will this be on Amazon or iTunes tonight???? I don't have cable, so it's my only way to watch it. Last year I preordered season 11 ahead of time and the episodes popped up each week. They have me nervous now that I'll have to wait until the season is over!

• Love 2

I've literally been watching this show for 10 years now since I had insomnia one night when I lived and worked in NYC as a dancer, and it has been my guilty pleasure every since. I've never once posted b/c I only discovered this board recently, but after reading so many comments about, what is now strictly gossip regarding Holly, I feel so sick to my stomach. I have never ever met any of the cheerleaders. In fact, in most professional dance circles, the DCC are a step above Hooters waitresses. That's not to say there are not talented dancers. The last few years with some amazing technically talented dancers, such as Holly, Jacie, and Melissa, and hiring well-regarded choreographers, have improved the reputation a bit.

But whatever the drama or gossip or truth may be, everyone is literally saying that Holly should know better; that she deserves to made an example of; that she knows what's in her contract. Here were are basically watching the leadership of a cheerleading team tell a 20 year old woman, who is probably very impressionable still, that her value is far less than any man in the organization. This is a team that consistently shows that a woman's consent isn't important (I'm looking at you EE) nor is their own safety from domestic abuse (looking at you Greg Hardy). That a man's talent is far more important than a lowly cheerleader. While it's no doubt that the players are what makes $ for the Cowboys, apparently, the DCC are valued several millions of dollars, and are "America's Sweethearts". Yet we are still treating these women like they should "expect what they get" a la some kind of playboy bunny waitress. So were are sitting here, condemning a young woman while forgiving every man in this organization should he do something horrible to another woman. So Kelly sits there and says "be smart. Go to school. Be a professional." But she is saying be that, just make sure you know your place. 

I for one hope she just quit. Go to NYC, Holly. Go to LA, Holly. Work your ass of, be humble, and respect your fellow dancers and choreographers. Be on time most of all. Seek community outside an organization that values YOU. 

Edited by dancer88
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

I've literally been watching this show for 10 years now since I had insomnia one night when I lived and worked in NYC as a dancer, and it has been my guilty pleasure every since. I've never once posted b/c I only discovered this board recently, but after reading so many comments about, what is now strictly gossip regarding Holly, I feel so sick to my stomach. I have never ever met any of the cheerleaders. In fact, in most professional dance circles, the DCC are a step above Hooters waitresses. That's not to say there are not talented dancers. The last few years with some amazing technically talented dancers, such as Holly, Jacie, and Melissa, and hiring well-regarded choreographers, have improved the reputation a bit.

But whatever the drama or gossip or truth may be, everyone is literally saying that Holly should know better; that she deserves to made an example of; that she knows what's in her contract. Here were are basically watching the leadership of a cheerleading team tell a 20 year old woman, who is probably very impressionable still, that her value is far less than any man in the organization. This is a team that consistently shows that a woman's consent isn't important (I'm looking at you EE) nor is their own safety from domestic abuse. That a man's talent is far more important than a lowly cheerleader. While it's no doubt that the players are what makes $ for the Cowboys, apparently, the DCC are valued several millions of dollars, and are "America's Sweethearts". Yet we are still treating these women like they should "expect what they get" a la some kind of playboy bunny waitress. So were are sitting here, condemning a young woman while forgiving every man in this organization should he do something horrible to another woman. 

I for one hope she just quit. Go to NYC, Holly. Go to LA, Holly. Work your ass of, be humble, and respect your fellow dancers and choreographers. Be on time most of all. Seek community outside an organization that values YOU. 

THIS. (Aside from the EE incident because the first one was proven false. Not sure about the whole "taking her top down" thing though)

I am also hearing Holly is for sure out. 

The DCC standard for getting kicked to the curb is a lot lower than a Cowboy player's... "getting arrested and criminally charged" as someone mentioned. People get the boot for being late to practices, party pictures, fraternizing with players, other things.

Holly and Jenna had strikes last year for dating players. The pictures from a couple weekends back were of Holly in a 21 and up bar when she is 20...illegal. She is recognized as a DCC. This is reminiscent of Caila getting cut a few seasons back after her second season. She had gained weight and was also partying in Uptown in 21+ bars at age 20, plenty of picture evidence. It is not tolerated period. 

Jenna is a 6 year girl who is of age hence the wrist slap. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

Here were are basically watching the leadership of a cheerleading team tell a 20 year old woman, who is probably very impressionable still, that her value is far less than any man in the organization. This is a team that consistently shows that a woman's consent isn't important (I'm looking at you EE) nor is their own safety from domestic abuse. That a man's talent is far more important than a lowly cheerleader.

you put my thoughts into words 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

THIS. (Aside from the EE incident because the first one was proven false. Not sure about the whole "taking her top down" thing though)

Yes, he pulled a woman's top down. Not to say said woman didn't do it herself, but the point is he has repeatedly put himself in positions of taking advantage of women. 

In regards to pictures of her at a club, what freak is stalking cheerleaders at some club? Shouldn't they be more concerned with some stalker, than punishing a 20 year old woman who is probably still star-struck around the players and wants to be a part of that? Wasn't there a cheerleader who actually dated/still does a player the whole time she was a cheerleaders? 

Maybe she needed to be punished, but this is still a young woman part of a major organization, being told she must be held to a higher standard than any other player in the organization, including if he may seriously hurt another person.  Their standards aren't about a dance team/company. They are solely about an image. 

Again, the point here is that strong women in powerful leadership positions (I'm looking at you Shelly, Kelly, Judy) are still telling women to be some kind of submissive male fantasy more than a professional dancer. 

Edited by dancer88
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

The speculation here is insane lol we know absolutely nothing and I think that all the speculation is scaring Shelly away since she's not able to answer any of our questions.

I'm certain Shelly isn't "scared" away lol. She's probably sitting here laughing at this.

4 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

Again, this is a big "if," as nothing has been confirmed. 

Lol it's kind of hilarious how obsessed everyone is over this topic since we have nothing else to be excited about as far as spoilers are concerned lol

• Love 6
18 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

I am here to say that I did hear from an insider that Holly left the team after situations arose with her and Jenna's involvement. Holly left and Jenna is currently in a long time out

Wow!! What on earth would cause those kind of repercussions?!!

• Love 2