Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Well, I just hope that if Erica does not get point she is in a position where she can be easily seen from the stands/photos/sidelines etc. 

Who do you all think will be the 3 DCC in the front of the formation? Last season was of course Jenn K, Jenna and Melissa...

Yes, #Erica4PointGirl!!!

I hope it will be Erica with Jenna and KaSexy next to her.  I'll start lighting candles tonight...

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

How many open spots are there for show group?

Can't really be determined, assuming everyone who was on last year makes it, but even then they could take more than 16 with alternates. 

• Love 1

My three are Jenna, with Erica and Lacey at her sides, even though I would love for Erica to be point. I know it's risky to predict three brunettes. If they decide they want to mix it up then I'll go for kashara or Amy instead of Lacey. 

I know it was said that we shouldn't put too much stock into who is point, but two things from the show stick out to me and say otherwise. One, Kelly said (I think in season 5) that they cast their strongest dancers on the front line and then complained that the back row is also a front line and that the rookies needed to step it up. Two, whitneys last season, season 7, she commented that she was the point of the triangle and that she had reached the top of the game is when talking about her last year. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Can't really be determined, assuming everyone who was on last year makes it, but even then they could take more than 16 with alternates. 

how many from last year are back?

43 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

How many open spots are there for show group?

I think last season there were 16, but I could be wrong. That number rings a bell to me. 

Just now, mcmrdh said:

I think last season there were 16, but I could be wrong. That number rings a bell to me. 

lol I just saw that others responded to this question too... at least I had the same number in my head hahaha #daylatedollarshort

• Love 1
(edited)

From last year, so - Jenna, Holly, Kelli, Lacey, Maggie, Erica, Jinelle, Maddie, and Robin/ about half if they all decide to audition again.

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2

Long time lurker...first time poster!! 

Met one of the TCC's today. Not sure her name as they are all giant question marks to me right now. I did go back to the group photos to find her though. 

She was just the sweetest, most polite young lady. (As if I'm much older) 

Now that I've met a few of them between being at the Star and Valley Ranch (which is like a ghost town now!) I am really rooting for most of these girls! (It also makes me super exited to hear the gossip about everyone. ?)

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Number5 said:

Long time lurker...first time poster!! 

Met one of the TCC's today. Not sure her name as they are all giant question marks to me right now. I did go back to the group photos to find her though. 

She was just the sweetest, most polite young lady. (As if I'm much older) 

Now that I've met a few of them between being at the Star and Valley Ranch (which is like a ghost town now!) I am really rooting for most of these girls! (It also makes me super exited to hear the gossip about everyone. ?)

So, who was it?!

From Kelli's post on Instagram I can defijitely see the following in the background. I can't tell who the blonde is in front of Savannah, possible Tara?

Kalyssa

Lexi

Keyra (who is SO short)

Brianna

Savannah

Brennan

Molly

Alexandria

(edited)
39 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

From Kelli's post on Instagram I can defijitely see the following in the background. I can't tell who the blonde is in front of Savannah, possible Tara?

Kalyssa

Lexi

Keyra (who is SO short)

Brianna

Savannah

Brennan

Molly

Alexandria

Blonde in front of Savannah is Gina.  I also see Alexis and Madeline behind Kalyssa and then you can barely see the side of a tall brunette~  I'm guessing Miranda...

Sooo, based on who we see here and who we saw in media training pics, if Shelly's hint was 1st cut, then it (probably) was either Christina, Erin, Rachel, Tara or Taryn.

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 1

Jenna's scar has not ever bothered me, I think its neat these girls are not afraid to perform despite crazy opinions over little things.

I do not want Jenna to be point, but it seems sadly inevitable. If only Melissa or Jen K were still here, I'd root for them... so I am now team ERICA FOR POINT! With Lacey and Jenna behind her. My guess is Holly will move up too, unless she gets the spot behind point.

With the lack of blondes, I can see Maggie or Heather O moving way up in the triangle this year and then in triangle next year.

• Love 2
(edited)

I like Christina with short blonde hair actually, i think it's the best look for her so far  

Kelli posted this video last night 

The new tops of the rehearsal outfits are super unflattering , why ???

Edited by mmm
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, mmm said:

I like Christina with short blonde hair actually, i think it's the best look for her so far  

Yeah I don't like those at all.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, mmm said:

They look really sparkly and blingy. I bet they'll look good on camera. Is it the cut you don't like? They definitely seem high in the front!

(edited)
9 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

That's the new style for sports bra tops, VS Pink has a lot of them like that

Yeah i know but they are done well , these looks so cheap and un flattering 

Edited by mmm
3 minutes ago, mmm said:

Yeah i know but they are done well , these looks so cheap and un flattering 

I think they're cute lol, the company they get them from is super expensive so they definitely shouldn't be cheap looking. I agree that the style isn't flattering, especially for those with bigger busts but what can ya do lol. I think it's better than their cleavage being out all the time.

see, i like the higher cut tops.  it's kind of nice that their boobs aren't hanging out lol  I think tops like that make shoulders look more toned and girls more proportionate.  again, i am a lone reed LOL!! 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Am I missing something? Who talks about her scar? LOL

No one cares but that one poster. The organization doesn't care and neither do we.

6 hours ago, SnoopyJam said:

Jenna's scar has not ever bothered me, I think its neat these girls are not afraid to perform despite crazy opinions over little things.

I do not want Jenna to be point, but it seems sadly inevitable. If only Melissa or Jen K were still here, I'd root for them... so I am now team ERICA FOR POINT! With Lacey and Jenna behind her. My guess is Holly will move up too, unless she gets the spot behind point.

With the lack of blondes, I can see Maggie or Heather O moving way up in the triangle this year and then in triangle next year.

I don't think it's inevitable. There are better dancers on the team, even though she is a great performer. 

44 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

That's the new style for sports bra tops, VS Pink has a lot of them like that

I like it too!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

see, i like the higher cut tops.  it's kind of nice that their boobs aren't hanging out lol  I think tops like that make shoulders look more toned and girls more proportionate.  again, i am a lone reed LOL!! 

Nope, I like them too lol 

Looking cheap and being cheap are two different thing  , and i think it's more unflattering with people with no busts it makes them look boxy and it looks more like a crop top than sports bra on them, and makes all the girls look have wider shoulders 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

LOVE them!

2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

No one cares but that one poster. The organization doesn't care and neither do we.

I don't think it's inevitable. There are better dancers on the team, even though she is a great performer. 

I like it too!

Agree. I'm glad you and others are able to say what I apparently am not allowed to, I wholeheartedly agree.

• Love 4

I like that they are different this year.  Always nice to see them in a variety of outfits. 

Can someone please explain to me why y'all talk about point so much when even Shelly has said it is not a big deal at all? 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, mittensgizmo said:

Can someone please explain to me why y'all talk about point so much when even Shelly has said it is not a big deal at all? 

I think it actually is a fairly big deal.  Shelly mentioned that it wasn't a big deal specifically during her tenure because it was a different person for every game, but obviously things are different now.

• Love 3

I know that I like to know who is point because that usually means they're the best and most watchable dancer on the team who is a veteran.

I know I'm not the only one that isn't a Christina fan, but when I saw Shelly's post I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOO.  And I figured a small part of her snickered when she knew we'd all see that Christina wasn't the one cut.   Dang it.

I will agree that her new hair is super cute.  It was just the whining and shiftiness about the injury that got on my last nerve. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I think it actually is a fairly big deal.  Shelly mentioned that it wasn't a big deal specifically during her tenure because it was a different person for every game, but obviously things are different now.

I don't think it matters that much to the girls either. Everything on here is given much more attention than I'm sure the girls even care for. Being point gives more visibility, but I think these girls are just excited to be featured as a DCC as it is. Shelly knows more than we do about it; I'm sure the girls are happy for whoever gets it and aren't bummed when they themselves don't.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, mmm said:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!  

• Love 12
(edited)
52 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I don't think it matters that much to the girls either. Everything on here is given much more attention than I'm sure the girls even care for. Being point gives more visibility, but I think these girls are just excited to be featured as a DCC as it is. Shelly knows more than we do about it; I'm sure the girls are happy for whoever gets it and aren't bummed when they themselves don't.

I don't think anybody could argue with the bolded part!  I'm sure they are all excited to be on the team, but since, unlike when Shelly was on the squad, there is "a point girl" I can't believe they wouldn't consider being front & center a huge honor.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 9

As much as I like Erica and would be happy for her to be point, I actually don't think she's the biggest standout in DCC choreography. In solo work, absolutely, but in the few videos of the team actually doing choreo, she didn't really grab my attention (not that I'm the deciding factor by any means lol). Im not saying that she looked bad because she looked great. She just wasn't the one who I gravitated to like I used to with Mia, for example. Ive only seen one or 2 clips with Lacey, but in the one I'm remembering (pre-game dance), I couldn't stop watching Amy, though I'm not sure Amy is glam enough for point. As thirsty as Holly or Jenna may be, they always pop in DCC choreography. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

As much as I like Erica and would be happy for her to be point, I actually don't think she's the biggest standout in DCC choreography. In solo work, absolutely, but in the few videos of the team actually doing choreo, she didn't really grab my attention (not that I'm the deciding factor by any means lol). Im not saying that she looked bad because she looked great. She just wasn't the one who I gravitated to like I used to with Mia, for example. Ive only seen one or 2 clips with Lacey, but in the one I'm remembering (pre-game dance), I couldn't stop watching Amy, though I'm not sure Amy is glam enough for point. As thirsty as Holly or Jenna may be, they always pop in DCC choreography. 

I agree with this 100%.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

That's how I felt about Melissa, yet somehow, she ended up in the triangle.  She's looked a little bit 'off' from the other girls in a few sideline and Oxnard clips.

41 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

I think being super photogenic and in perfect shape has to come into play for point. That girl is so heavily featured in photos and videos. #ericawinshandsdown

Absolutely, although Jenna seldom takes a bad pic. Holly, bless her heart, has had quite a few not so flattering action shots.  Sometimes its her expression, sometimes her build, but Erica and Jenna are more photogenic.

I also agree that some really random details are hyperfocused here, and it cracks me up sometimes.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That's how I felt about Melissa, yet somehow, she ended up in the triangle.  She's looked a little bit 'off' from the other girls in a few sideline and Oxnard clips.

Thank you!  I thought I imagined seeing Melissa being a little behind in her counts!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

My three are Jenna, with Erica and Lacey at her sides, even though I would love for Erica to be point. I know it's risky to predict three brunettes. If they decide they want to mix it up then I'll go for kashara or Amy instead of Lacey. 

I know it was said that we shouldn't put too much stock into who is point, but two things from the show stick out to me and say otherwise. One, Kelly said (I think in season 5) that they cast their strongest dancers on the front line and then complained that the back row is also a front line and that the rookies needed to step it up. Two, whitneys last season, season 7, she commented that she was the point of the triangle and that she had reached the top of the game is when talking about her last year. 

I second this! Erica at point, Jenna and Lacey at each side,  and you never know Ka Sexy may make the SG this year???

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I second this! Erica at point, Jenna and Lacey at each side,  and you never know Ka Sexy may make the SG this year???

Didn't Ka Shara win a Barbie this year. I think she is stunning and seems like she is a lot of fun:)

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

Didn't Ka Shara win a Barbie this year. I think she is stunning and seems like she is a lot of fun:)

I think so , not sure though. She definately has come a long way from the wrong uniform and weight comments to rookie of the year and second group leader.  I love her personality and Kentucky accent,  Girl Crushin!!!

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Sarah's comment ? (Not sure if the link shows you the comments or not)

So I guess she won't get a user name here & yell at us :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Sarah's comment ? (Not sure if the link shows you the comments or not)

Oh poor, poor Sarah...bless her heart...how she suffers so from her self inflected "HIGH" self esteem issues. I don't know how she remains so selfless.

• Love 5