Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

awww Madi Allemier is the model for Elle Lain! i'm still catching up on the list of confirmed people...she is SO photogenic and has the cutest figure/look. Have never seen her dance but crossing my fingers for her. 

That is the same Minerva as last year, correct? 

1 hour ago, mmm said:

When i was looking for the for new posts i found this posts from last night from a Texas based production company , saying that were lighting up interviews for MTT , why do you guys think they were filming ? and where is that ? looks like a dance studio but i don't think it's valley ranch tho ?

If I were to guess it seems like a place where they could rehearse or warm up once the field was in use but then it could be used as a reception area with hardwood floors and a mirrored wall as I don't see a barre at the mirror.  IMO

• Love 1
(edited)

Sofia auditioned. I don't expect she made the cut.

This woman cracks me up. She has the same 87 tags on almost every one of her posts, regardless of who is actually in the photo. There's a pic of some flyers for a boxing match, another pic of JLo, and she's all #antm, #dcc, #nfl, #making the team.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Please tell me that Shelby isn't auditioning again this year.  Ugh, what a piece of trash.

I hope not. I'm guessing she'll follow the same route as KD and stay with the Mavs IF they'll take her for another season. I'm curious to see which Mavs dancers auditioned.

Edited by MrsEVH
4 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

Ummm...someone please tell me I am wrong...but I just saw Mandy's Voecks Instagram.  She has herself listed as a FORMER Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.  Do we have any insider that knows why or at least can confirm that Mandy is not trying out again... this is crazy...

Im so sad about this, I just loved her. 

30 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Please tell me that Shelby isn't auditioning again this year.  Ugh, what a piece of trash.

If she did she must be a man cause that would take some huge balls. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Sarah99 said:

I wasn't dogging her appearance, weight or otherwise, by my "extra" comment, I was referring to the general tone of her posts which seem a little over the top, etc. Again, just IMO.

Gotta love her dancing in the garage videos.

I have to say of all the rookies from last season Mandy would have been the one I would NOT have expected to retire, especially not at the last minute like she seems to have done. It's too bad and a little weird.

• Love 7

What is about Sarah that is off-putting? I mean that I find her very off-putting when she was a DCC and now. She seems insecure and tries to compensate by acting bitchy and arrogant. 

I'm so sad about Mandy! We know that she didn't retire when the dccs are supposed to inform Kelli and Judy about their plans,plus she went to the calendar shoot with everyone else. i wonded what happened.

that said, these new girls look amazing! Can't wait to see who makes it to finals.

• Love 3

Maybe she's just putting former until it's official that she made it another year?

Didn't Loren do the same thing last year? Leave after the deadline to tell K and J? I guess it's not a strict deadline. I would be sad to see Mandy leave as well. 

This year's semifinalists seem prettier than last year's. 

• Love 1

Unless Mandy changes her mind last minute she has chosen not to reaudition. 

that taryn girl is super pretty!! agree, @cgloss - a lot of beautiful girls this year.  Now i am getting nervous for some of the vets.  

they start pretty early for semi's today, right? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Here is the updated list as of list morning!!:) I have listed girls who were on the original list but haven't posted anything just yet, as well as girls who have posted they made it to semis. If they are not listed at all, they did not audition according to their instagram

Has Not Posted
Celinda @celinderella
Miranda Tims @mirandatims
Madeline West @madeline_west
Alex Marin @alexandreamarin
Courtney Grandstand @courtneyylaine 
Marina @marina_jo_
Ashley Gallagher @ashley_gallagher
Tessa Grace @tesssagracee 
Mckynna Coconougher @mckynnakc
Kali McKelson @kalimckelson
Savana Christianson @savanaaaa
Brennan @brennanashley
Ashley Salaiz @ashley_salaiz
Royesha Gibson @royeshagibson
@chisara_the_cutie
@leels._
Taylor Cobb @taylorraylynnn
Madeline Camp @capturinglifesmoments
Christina Riccelli @ccriccelli
Kelly Sherwood @kelly_sherwood 
Hannah Anderson @hannah_anderson95
Maddie Dillon @maddie_rae15
Julia Fife @juliafife

Moving to Semis 
Abby Penprase @abbypenprase 
Katlyn Bartz @katlyn_bartz
Gina Ligi @ginaligi
Ally Cheatham @ally_cheatham 
Karrie @karrie_ann17
Breana Hobbs @breanahobbs
Saundra Jessie @saundrairene
Marissa Nicole @queeenn_m
Raven Anzaldua @ravenelise24
Jenny Smith @jenny.smith9
Minerva Benitez @minervabenitezz
Ali Miller @aliannmiller
Haleigh Sigwalt @haleighanneee
Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher
Whitney Robertson @itswhitnaay
Brittany Elle @thebrittanyelle
Kalyssa Singleton @kalyssaokc
Madelyn Frances @madelynfrances
Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall
Brittney Nicole @brittney_bree_nicole
Carly Townson @carlytownson 
Alise Garcia @lilbitalise
Olivia Burks @o_buuurrksss
Grace Patterson @gracevictoriapatterson
Madi Allemier @madiallemier
Kori @koribell121
Samantha Vaughn @_samiv_
Kelly Hoover @kellyhoover
Sheridan Mcdowell @sheridangracemcdowell 
Taryn Tompkins @taryntompkins
Chenise Johnson @chenisej
Rachael @rachaellynee
Kristin Dodd @Kdodd_10
Meg McMurtie @meggy_mcmurtie
Hanna Oliver @hannaoliver
Randi Sundquist @randisundquist
Alex Yap @alexgyap

Edited by dccfan37
  • Love 2

So far, and obviously it is different to judge in person, I am not bowled over by any of the public clips out there.  One exception is this woman, Alise Garcia, (https://www.instagram.com/lilbitalise/?hl=en) I do think she has what it takes to be a DCC.  

I am not surprised that current DCC Mandy Voeck has decided not to reaudition.  You know the old verse, Luke 12:48, "to whom much has been given, much shall be required from him."  Mandy began her DCC journey strong and the organization reciprocated by placing a great deal of faith in her -- one judge last year called her a future calendar cover girl, and she was one of the few Rookies in Show Group -- but she then sort of faded into the group throughout the season.  I believe there was something holding Mandy back from fully engaging, and perhaps it was the pressure of managing from long distance a business she has established in Washington.  I give Mandy credit for making the difficult decision to reevaluate and walk away if she knows that she does not have the commitment for another year.  The other Rookies clearly still have the desire to be a DCC and I wish them well at next week's audition. 

• Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

Minerva!!! Yasssss. I was hoping she would come back. I loved her fan vote video last year.

mandy.... nooooo! Remember last year, the heavier male judge was like "there's your cover girl right there." And she was show group right? I'm all sorts of sad. I hope we find out why she's not coming back. She seemed well-liked.

Mandy was my favorite for so many reasons. IIRC, she relocated to Dallas with her boyfriend, so maybe things didn't pan out there. Plus her studio, and she's in her late 20's. And as much as I love many things about Texas, the weather and culture aren't a great fit for everyone. All these dang tornadoes and hail storms...she might just be missing the west coast too. I'm bummed...she is so pretty and seems like a lovely person to boot. Boo.

Edited by kalibean
Bc she's outside of Portland now, not Cali.
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Did she say if she made it to semis?

She posted it on her Insta story that she did :)

51 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Has anyone seen anything posted about Kelly Sherwood? Did she audition?

She did audition but hasn't posted any updates yet!:(

Is anyone else shocked that Kyndall didn't try out? I guess there comes a time when the thought of another possible rejection would just be too humiliating. Insert the dead horse here... 

13 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Does anyone know if current Ice Angel Taryn auditioned? I thought she was going to.

I am pretty sure I saw an Instagram post that she did.

Just so I'm clear, is it a violation of DMD contract just to try out for DCC? Or is it just a violation to go to training camp? That would be half of the vets not being able to come back..wow

7 minutes ago, cheerpink said:

Can you tell us whether Alexis and Ansley are two of them? Their bios on Instagram lists "Former Dallas Mavericks Dancer". 

Lexie has "Former Dallas Mavericks Dancer" on her Instagram too. She might be one!

Lexie and Alexis both favorited the same Tweet from Judy: "Tomorrow starts our 1st round of auditions. Good ? to all of the beautiful talented dancers that will be in dallas. Can't wait to meet you"

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, cheerpink said:

Lexie and Alexis both favorited the same Tweet from Judy: "Tomorrow starts our 1st round of auditions. Good ? to all of the beautiful talented dancers that will be in dallas. Can't wait to meet you"

Alexis????? That'll be a shocker

(edited)
37 minutes ago, redfin said:

She didn't exactly retire.  She tried out for DCC last year with Emily and Hunter and she didn't make it very far, so she wasn't welcomed back to Mavs.  She did not try out for DCC this year, and she was not on the Mavs squad this year either.

So the girls have to remain DMDs until the next years auditions (July)?  Then they can't audition for the DCC and if they don't make it back then they're stuck auditioning for smaller teams (ex: Jamie & Kelly Q, cut from DMD and went to AAIA).

Edited by MrsEVH
10 minutes ago, redfin said:

I'm not sure of the exact end date of the contract, but they r still under contract at the moment for sure.  I think under contract up till Mavs try-outs, but don't quote me on that.  Yes, their stuck auditioning for smaller teams or going to other cities.  AAIA Jamie and Kelly Q weren't cut from Mavs for auditioning for DCC, they were cut during the Mavs auditioning process so they were technically eligible to go back to Mavs the following year, but didn't.  By the time they got cut from Mavs, the DCC team was already in place for the year so they weren't able to audition that year.  The following year is when Kelly made DCC.  Kelly seemed to be a little bitter about being cut from Mavs that year (I don't blame her), if you go back far enough on her IG page u can see a post where she references it right after being cut.

Looked on her IG and couldn't find it. I went back to when she made the AAIA and even before that.

(edited)
22 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Neil McCoy is there today. 

I'm glad! I was worried he opted out this year! 

I screencaptured but I couldn't really identify anyone. 

IMG_3423.PNG

Edited by Josreason
(edited)
12 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Can anyone tell who's in this video?

It looks like Jaci on the right, Jen K in the middle, and Kashara? On the left, but that doesn't seem right. I can't tell the blonde.

Edited by Hummingbird24
Auto correct
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

It looks like Jaci on the right, Jen K in the middle, and Kashara? On the left, but that doesn't seem right. I can't tell the blonde.

I think the blonde might be kinzie?

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Can anyone tell who's in this video?

I think the blonde is Kinzie, Curly hair is Jacie, and Obviously Jenn K. In front. They look incredible and are dancing off the charts. Miss all of them! 

• Love 7