Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Same Old Frenemies Part 1/S07.E14: Same Old Frenemies Part 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

13. Part 1 of 2. Abby hits a creative roadblock with the group routine for Nationals. Later, four girls are assigned solos, but two moms aren't happy that none of them are original members; Kendall premieres her music video; and a former ALDC dancer considers visiting her old teammates.

14. Conclusion. In the Season 7 finale, the ALDC compete against the Candy Apples for the title of National Champions. Later, Abby has a breakdown; and an unexpected guest surprises the team.

• Love 1

It all worked for me until the end where a certain fame #O just couldn't stay away even though she keeps calling being at ALDC a "dark time!" What did she have to do to get Chloe to muse about "competing again?" She's still prompting this child like a 5 year old! ;-(

Chloe Lukasiak Reveals The One Thing Stopping Her ALDC Return In ‘Dance Moms’ Season 7 Finale

- http://www.ibtimes.com/chloe-lukasiak-reveals-one-thing-stopping-her-aldc-return-dance-moms-season-7-finale-2495673 -

...“If we could remove Abby from the picture that would be a whole different story,” Christi says. Chloe responds by stating the federal government may remove Abby for them, referencing her former coach’s pending bankruptcy fraud trial. 

En route to the competition Christi warns Chloe they shouldn’t go in if something feels off. Chloe says she’s nervous but things will likely go well if Abby isn’t involved. Chloe acknowledges they left the team on bad terms but notes she never got a say a true goodbye.

- http://fiero4251.blogspot.com/2014/05/dance-moms-abby-lee-dance-company-aldc.html - DM Blog/Homage

Elliana danced better than Lilliana . Elliana reminds me of Maddie. The group dance was dumb. Showing Chloe and her mom every ten seconds was irritating as was Chloe walking in and saying 'who missed me'... obnoxious. Hope this is the end of the road for this show.

• Love 5

Can Cathy look more delusional and pathetic? She doesn't even compete against ALDC with a solo; all her eggs in that one basket of her group number and it failed miserably being 3rd overall! Zack is growing up nicely! ;-) Being the sore loser the CADC can be, Cathy and the rest of that gaggle of hyenas waited in the ALDC dressing room to cause humorous drama! Funny with that stage there made me think of scene in "Carrie" remake I saw! If any people deserved it, it would be those pathetic losers! ;-)

• Love 1

Nationals my ass! More like another fake set up competition with only 5 studios competing. Pretty sure they don't have Nationals in December either. This so called Nationals competition isn't even listed on Starbound's website. LOL 

Lifetime and facebook over-hyped the shit out of a 4 minute cameo appearance of the Lukasiaks. Chloe matured a hell a lot. She look so grown walking aside Kendall and Nia. She could literally pass for 25.

They're really trying to redo Maddie and Chloe rivarly with Elliana and Lilly and it's nonsense. Elliana is a prodigy and the better dancer of the two.

Why is Maesi and her mom still here? They went to Pittsburgh for basically nothing as Maesi was sidelined for these last two episodes.

I'm sick of these contrived after school special dances. Human trafficking and drug overdose seizures???

I tired of Kalani dancing in a bra and underwear. Get that girl a costume please!

No more Cathy, Vivianne and the Candy Apples please. I didn't even see the reason the producers brought them back other than scrambling for ratings. They were completely absent from last season.

Stop trying to make this Kendall K crap happen. She has no star quality whatsoever. Her video and song were about as bland as a slice of white bread. And Jill being in the video made me cringe. She's remind me Regina George's mom in Mean Girls. Clearly living through her daughter.

The producers are really laying it on thick with showing us footage from the first four seasons in every episode recently. It's really overkill. 

Edited by NickDisnCart
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, EscapedNurse said:

Ok so I know what went down between Abby, Christie, and Chloe. However I don't remember hearing anything about Chloe and Christie having issues with Gianna? Anyone know what they were talking about?

Gianna's Abby's alter ego; they're one! Abby barks out a step and Gianna gives the example to student! She's always there even if you don't see her on camera! I'm sure whatever went down, Gianna was right there and didn't defend Chloe maybe; who knows! Christie's been as delusional as any when trying to describe events when tape shows she's F.O. S. unfortunately! She exacerbated the treatment of her own daughter because she couldn't control her own temper for the most part! How many times does Abby say to Chloe, "this has nothing to do with you; you're a wonderful little girl and everyone likes you? ....I DON'T COME INTO YOUR HOUSE AND SCREAM AT YOU AND YOUR PARENTS! YOU MADE A CHOICE TO COME HERE! NO ONE'S GOING TO TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!" ;-)

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Punctuation correction

First the competition - how fake - even our Regionals had to be held in college university auditoriums - this place still had empty seats. The dances - they're trying to make Elliana another Maddie - although I think Elliana is much better than Maddie was at that age - she has more facial expressions and better technique. I do think that she is the superior dancer of the 2 but Lillianna is cute, very talented and has already worked on the Sia video so she is more marketable.

Yes Zac has matured nicely and is still wonderful to watch. Sorry but I liked Cathey's dance much better than the ALDC - I thought they were both too dark but I keep seeing the same steps from Kalani in all these contemporary lyrical routines - the running, the kicking out of the legs at absurd angles - I love watching her dance and to see her extensions but then they throw in that junk. The meaning behind Cathy's dance was clearer than Abby's dance to me. If they hadn't mentioned earleier what everyone's character parts were - I wouldn't have guessed except for Kalani twitching at the end. As far as the costumes - yes please - dress Kalani and quit putting her in bras and panties.

I'm glad Jeannette walked out - she has always been decent despite the crap Abby gave Ava and now Cathy. But Cathy was right - Kalani and I think Brynn - are the team - the others aren't strong enough as dancers.

I enjoyed seeing Chloe and have always been a fan of hers - and sorry - Abby although nice at times to Chloe preferred Maddie and it was more than obvious - that's why so many feel in love with Chloe - she was the underdog. Did Christie go overboard sometimes - yes - but no more than Jill - or even Elliana's mom this episode " She can do acro too" or "Everyone else has had their chance - this was her chance!"

I felt so bad that Nia fell while running to see Chloe but I think that was the one part that was actually real. I'd love to see Chloe back on the team again or even competing against the team - we'll see!

• Love 1

I wonder if Jeanette and her daughter will be coming back to ALDC??? Maybe she's coming to help teach while Abby is up the river, if she is. There just seemed a little abnormal niceties between Jeanette and the ALDC moms. I think, too, that Maesi and her odd mom will not be coming back. And I too would like them to stop putting Kaelani in a bra for her girls to be bopping all in our faces. Icky. That stuff should be strapped in tight.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1

Abby let the cat out of the bag onscreen for anyone who was at all taken in by the ostensible "nationals".  She said directly to the girls on camera, "Well this was really our nationals."    Yes, when you have a sentencing looming after the new year the producers had to push production & come up with a "nationals" in December.  Starbound's stage backdrop at every competition includes the tagline National Talent Competition, which connotes it is a nationwide competition -- nationals is an entirely different prospect.   I was surprised they were able to get clearance to film at Starbound again, when the show was banned from there after season one or two. 

Definitely opened doors and windows for Jeannette/Ava/Chloe to potentially be part of the picture should sentencing remove Abby from the equation.

15 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Kalani makes this show worth watching.  She's a beautiful young woman, inside and out.

She is, but let's be honest, she's a big girl and she's only sixteen.  There is no reason to put her stage with black lacy underwear with bouncy cleavage. Even less of an excuse to have a crotch shot right in front of the judges.  

The girls in candy apples also wore black outfits, but they were flattering and appropriate.   They looked like dancers. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Darknight said:

Why is Chloe back?

Nationals are June-July. Not December. This was so fake. 

Attention? I like Chloe and all, but coming back seems like a scream for attention, especially with her "who missed me?" But maybe they really thought this was the series finale and wanted at least one original to come back, and she was the only one who agreed. I thought it was odd that they pretended that going to the competition was some sort of last minute idea when it actually required a 6 hour drive from Pittsburgh. And when they had a camera crew in their house ahead of time.

I actually felt some sympathy for Abby in this episode.

Did anyone else notice that Kendall got to Chloe first, and Chloe ran past her to Nia?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Did anyone else notice that Kendall got to Chloe first, and Chloe ran past her to Nia?

Yes. I got the vibe that only Chloe and Nia were really friends - it was a little awkward otherwise. Kendall and Jill never seemed too fond of Chloe back in the day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Nice to see Zack again, since he kind of vanished into thin air while most of the other guys from Cathy's all boys team had some kind of dust-up with Cathy to explain their leaving. That said, both Zack and his mom are way too classy for this circus.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, hellohoping said:

Yes. I got the vibe that only Chloe and Nia were really friends - it was a little awkward otherwise. Kendall and Jill never seemed too fond of Chloe back in the day.

I think a lot of this had to do with the rivalry between the 2 to be the #2 girl behind Maddie! It got quite ugly between the parents which influenced the attitude of the kids! These women can't act like this without it affecting their children; dontcha think? ;-)

• Love 2

The whole Chloe coming back thing is completely staged....maybe they had contractual obligations or got offered a lot of money, but the camera crew in their house (is it even really their house?) and then showing up to a fake competition is pretty obvious.  I'm not blown away by Brinn...maybe when she is older but she doesn't have flowing movements like Maddie did and she is lanky....which I know will change as she gets older.

IMO, The Candy Apples dance would have scored better if Cathy had left Vivi out of it. The other girls are all about the same age, height, and talent level. Adding Vivi didn't put them in the lower age bracket so it was kind of pointless and it messed up the beginning of the dance imo. I like Vivi and enjoy seeing her in episodes, but I don't enjoy seeing her randomly inserted into the older kids' dances.  I think the dance could have still worked just fine, and been even better, without her part. 

I thought that Chloe was doing pretty well since leaving DM.  She's been in couple of movies (Center Stage On Pointe in particular) and done some other stuff so why in God's name would she and Christi want to have anything to do with Abby at this point?  Maybe they are banking on (or have inside info) that there's a real possibility that ALM won't be around for another season (although I have no doubt that if her legal situation looks very bad, a plea deal will be arranged and that she might avoid prison time). If ALM is not around where would that leave the show?  Why would Lifetime even consider renewing in that circumstance?

Edited by cali1981
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, cali1981 said:

I thought that Chloe was doing pretty well since leaving DM.  She's been in couple of movies (Center Stage On Pointe in particular) and done some other stuff so why in God's name would she and Christi want to have anything to do with Abby at this point?  Maybe they are banking on (or have inside info) that there's a real possibility that ALM won't be around for another season (although I have no doubt that if her legal situation looks very bad, a plea deal will be arranged and that she might avoid prison time). If ALM is not around where would that leave the show?  Why would Lifetime even consider renewing in that circumstance?

Abby already plead -- guilty, last year.  All that remains is the sentencing phase, which is reportedly still up in the air.

• Useful 1
22 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I could see Chloe coming back if the money was right. At this point, she could show up for a handful of episodes and still work on the side and continue to bank the money. 

Chloe has become a mediocre dancer and has got some acting jobs based on her having fans from the show. She needs to head back to the academics. Same with Nia and Kendall. 

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:36 PM, Lemons said:

Chloe has become a mediocre dancer and has got some acting jobs based on her having fans from the show. She needs to head back to the academics. Same with Nia and Kendall. 

If you listen to their silly moms, it was Abby alone who was holding their brats back! Please; Chloe stopped working hard enough to keep up with Maddie while Kendal and Nia were never good enough! They both make glaring errors in every dance solo given to them! Nia's yet to stay on her feet on the front aerial that truly stinks! She was given that great Maya Angelou solo I saw last night and as usually, she's sitting on her butt attempting that maneuver! Kendall's spinning has fallen off and she falls out of them even with practice! She also stinks! ;-)

• LOL 1
On 4/18/2017 at 7:18 PM, Jamie Satyr said:

If you listen to their silly moms, it was Abby alone who was holding their brats back! Please; Chloe stopped working hard enough to keep up with Maddie while Kendal and Nia were never good enough! They both make glaring errors in every dance solo given to them! Nia's yet to stay on her feet on the front aerial that truly stinks! She was given that great Maya Angelou solo I saw last night and as usually, she's sitting on her butt attempting that maneuver! Kendall's spinning has fallen off and she falls out of them even with practice! She also stinks! ;-)

To be fair, Maddie is also a mediocre dancer who constantly falls out of her turns. I do think Chloe was drastically effected by the show and that played a part in why she gave up on herself. Kendall was always blah and Nia was the token minority who, according to the moms, didn't dance together until the show. 

Nobody on Dance Moms, with the exception of a few 'guest' dancers, are really that special. 

• Love 4

They've left to pursue other opportunities. Kenzie is doing more with her singing - you can check youtube for some of her latest collaborations and Maddie is promoting The Book of Henry movie she was cast in, she's going to parties and events in Hollywood and I think they are both going back to Australia this year.

• Love 1