Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Flash of Light

• Start Topic

So it is all Dar. This will be end of him. All this to discredit Carrie and force the President-elect's hand with Iran. I wonder if Dar would have done it if he knew that Quinn was there, probably yes.

The guy across the street planted the bomb on Sekou. I find it difficult to feel sorry about Sekou who was an idiot who made himself into the perfect patsy, but my heart breaks for his mother and sister. 

Good thing Qinn took pictures of the guy across the street. Carrie will see them after Quinn's stand off is over and figure it out, then she will have to convince Saul which won't take much doing since Dar had the Israelis hold him long enough to keep him out of the way.

It was sweet that Saul's sister lied for him. The love is still there so there is hope for a true reconciliation.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

Glad Quinn is getting back on his feet. I couldn't watch the show if he stayed on a downward spiral toward suicide. I knew Sekou was toast during that scene with his mother. It's odd that he didn't check his cargo before leaving the warehouse.

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 1

Poor Quinn. He's doing what his training/instincts are telling him to do and Carrie is acting like he's just paranoid. I mean, I get why she isn't taking him seriously right now, but still.

And finally (!) we learn that Saul's sister's name is Dorritt.

I feel bad for Sekou getting himself blown up and being painted as a terrorist, but I was just shaking my head when he decided the best thing to do at his welcome home party was to make a video which was exactly what Carrie and his lawyer had just told him he was not allowed to do. Come on, dude, THINK. What's more important: spite or staying out of prison?

I was so conflicted because on the one hand, I totally support Carrie's reluctance to share any damning information about Dar Adal. Even though she's out of the game and she has no love for Dar, there's a code and that alone is something she doesn't want to violate on principle. On top of that, it could hurt Saul and she could be brought up on charges. Those are three very good reasons to keep her mouth shut. On the other hand, Dar is out for blood so this might be the way for her to put an end to that.

• Love 1

I like that Quinn is slowly if clumsily getting back into secret agent mode. Muscle memory, huh? Wonder how long it'll take for Ms. "I know everything" Carrie to realize he's onto to something that's a real and dangerous problem. At the very least she should recognize the subtle threat in Dar showing up at her daughter's school.

That's pretty messed up to make a hit look like a terrorist suicide bombing, especially in NYC. I can see how the feds would've been mad at Sekou for thumbing his nose at them but killing him for it seems extreme to me.

So it is all Dar. This will be end of him.

I dunno, I think maybe the only end to Dar will have to come via three in the head. The guy has more lives than a cat.

I thought the show really got started this week. Now we have the background stuff, Quinn is coming around, and Carrie is vulnerable, much more than Dar.  If I was Carrie I would NOT give up the intel on Dar to the President-elect.  There is just no good that can come of it.  Career intelligence agents can't snitch, they go to jail for less.  And child, please.  No politician is going to protect you, regardless of the "ideals" of the office.  I am still suspect that we are seeing the President-elect as such.  Something could happen before she even takes office.  The kid was completely stupid to do what he did, posting again and giving up the agent, but hell, the kid is pissed off for being detained, and he doesn't know why he's been released either.  Most people would sue for less.  Another attack on US soil, is just so damned chilling. 

Edited by RedFiat
  • Love 2

As I stated in a post last week, kids don't get a free pass on Homeland. Sekou was an easy pawn - arrogant little turd - so much for pride. I am not convinced his death was ordered by Duh! Could be just the FBI getting points. Or the Mosad?

Did any civilians die in the explosion?

And yes, Quinn's picture of the guy entering the parking lot is everything. How shall it be revealed? Will the swat team kill him? Will they find the phone? Will they try to kill Carrie when she finds it? Will Javadi confirm Saul's suspicions? When is Putin making his entrance?

Just can't wait.

• Love 1

Wow! I know Dar Adal is a shady character, but I never expected him to resort to "faking" a terror attack to strongarm the President Elect. Unless they're going for him as the ultimate Karma Houdini (or Carrie just outright fails to expose his machinations), presumably this is the start of F Murray Abraham's exit from the show. Have to say, I wasn't expecting the (self admittedly) hawkish Producers of Homeland to show America's "Secret Warriors" acting quite so blatantly illegally & immorally - at least within the USA.

19 hours ago, garyvp said:

Did any civilians die in the explosion?

It depends how much damage it did to surrounding cars (guess we'll find out next week) - it didn't look big enough to take out the bridge. Though even if it didn't damage the cars around, it's pretty certain to cause a pile up as people try to avoid the explosion.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:01 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I totally support Carrie's reluctance to share any damning information about Dar Adal.

I was thinking "Maybe once you're PRESIDENT, you can order her directly to talk!" - but until then, your words are just a politicians promises. And Carrie does have a kid she has to think about, aside from presumably NOT wanting to get arrested.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 3:23 AM, SimoneS said:

It was sweet that Saul's sister lied for him. The love is still there so there is hope for a true reconciliation

For all their disagreements, I believed that scene. They may be on opposite sides politically, but family is family.

11 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Who was that guy that Saul was talking to and why do I not clearly remember him?

The one he snuck out to meet is an Iranian agent Saul turned a couple of seasons back (Javadi?) - the guy detaining him is a "friendly" Israeli Intelligence Officer (Mossad/Shin Bet) who wants to know what the hell Saul was up to.

• Love 2

Oh Quinn! You're one of my most favorite tv characters. I'm so glad he's getting some game back. I wonder if it's realistic though to recover for a nerve gassing like that, just curious, not critiquing.

The look Saul gave his sister after he hugged her and thanked her just gave me all the feels. I suspect a hug from Mandy Patinkin would be that good.

• Love 1

Damn.  The show just went down the rabbit hole of many conspiracy theorists....that terrorist attacks are actually done by the US government and not the Muslim with the bomb.   The world will paint Sekou as a radical terrorist and while he is stupid and runs off at the mouth...it's the govt that just detonated a bomb on its own soil.  

In many ways, I also don't blame Sekou.  He is being treated like a rat and he also is right, he didn't agree to the deal that Carrie made for him.  It should have been his choice.  Why should he have to silence the truth because it is inconvenient for the US government?  And now he has been eliminated and got to increase the goal of fear of radical Islam.  Check mate for the FBI and for Dar.

As for Quinn.  If we didn't follow Quinn and know he was right....we'd think he was looney tunes too.  I don't blame Carrie.  I do hope that she puts it together and realizes that he has all the pieces to the puzzle that she needs.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Oh Quinn! You're one of my most favorite tv characters. I'm so glad he's getting some game back. I wonder if it's realistic though to recover for a nerve gassing like that, just curious, not critiquing.

The look Saul gave his sister after he hugged her and thanked her just gave me all the feels.

I suspect a hug from Mandy Patinkin would be that good.

I met him while he was doing a concert tour and I can confirm his hug was all the good you imagine. He is so extremely charismatic in person that I have no problem believing how Saul is such a great spy.

• Love 3

Wait - so what is the connection between whoever may be watching Carrie, and the van bombing? Why are they watching Carrie? And why wouldn't whoever is watching Carrie know who Quinn is?

Also,  why would watching Carrie have anything to do with the van bombing ... Sekou never went to Carrie's house. Watching Carrie was completely unnecessary for the bombing, since the feds knew who Sekou is and, presumably, where he worked. They could have set him up regardless of Carrie.

I think his pals (well, the one guy) at his place of work placed the bomb, to get rid of someone they feel is a snitch and to create another attack. And I did think those watching Carrie were also tied to ME terrorism, though that guy Quinn saw doesn't seem to support that initial theory.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Wait, Dar planted the bomb? I was only half watching because it was a boring episode until the last five minutes. Next week does look good.

LOL. My question, exactly.  That's why I'm missing the previously TV.com episode review. I need it explained to me. I feel like I fell asleep somewhere.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Wait, Dar planted the bomb?

While it's not certain, Quinn tracked the person spying on Carrie back to the same garage that Seku worked at (the vans had the same logo on the side) - and he did say at the end of Episode 1 (I think) that he might have to resort to "unorthodox methods" (that he was determined to keep Saul out of) to convince the President of the "right" way to act - as opposed to pursuing the platform she'd been elected on!

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, John Potts said:

While it's not certain, Quinn tracked the person spying on Carrie back to the same garage that Seku worked at (the vans had the same logo on the side) - and he did say at the end of Episode 1 (I think) that he might have to resort to "unorthodox methods" (that he was determined to keep Saul out of) to convince the President of the "right" way to act - as opposed to pursuing the platform she'd been elected on!

Right, I did notice the van logos were the same. I figured there was a connection with guy across the street from Carrie and what happened with Seku. I just didn't make the connection how Dar was involved, if he even is. I need to start paying attention LOL

The show didn't directly say Dar planted the bomb.   I just put two and two together.   Dar's been watching Carrie for a while now since he has her under serveillance meeting with the PEOTUS.  Is he rogue or is he officially working under the sanction of the FBI?  Probably the former, however now that Sekou is out, I wouldn't put it past our government to kill two birds with one stone by taking him out and making it look like an act of terror.  It would be a black ops job and just the kind of job that Dar might happily sign up for.  

I could also see the guy not knowing who Quinn is since it's been a while and he doesn't exactly look like the stealth agent he once was.  However any decent agent (if he is one) should have his spidey sense go off when Quinn said he lives across the street and that is where Carrie lives.  

On February 15, 2017 at 9:51 AM, MaggieG said:

Wait, Dar planted the bomb? I was only half watching because it was a boring episode until the last five minutes. Next week does look good.

I watched with great detail and I never thought it was Dar. I thought they got rid of the kid because they thought he was now working for the government. Too obvious?

• Love 1
On 2/15/2017 at 9:28 AM, Ottis said:

Wait - so what is the connection between whoever may be watching Carrie, and the van bombing? Why are they watching Carrie? And why wouldn't whoever is watching Carrie know who Quinn is?

Also,  why would watching Carrie have anything to do with the van bombing ... Sekou never went to Carrie's house. Watching Carrie was completely unnecessary for the bombing, since the feds knew who Sekou is and, presumably, where he worked. They could have set him up regardless of Carrie.

I think his pals (well, the one guy) at his place of work placed the bomb, to get rid of someone they feel is a snitch and to create another attack. And I did think those watching Carrie were also tied to ME terrorism, though that guy Quinn saw doesn't seem to support that initial theory.

I think that the guys watching Carrie are FBI, and not CIA and do not, therefore, may not know who Quinn is. If they were Dal's black ops guys they would. I don't feel that Dar has been driving the Sekou bus.

Disagree that it was the other guys at work placed the bomb. They're like Sekou, lite stuff. 

Although the bomb certainly adds underscoring to his case with the pres elect.

2 hours ago, Lemons said:

I watched with great detail and I never thought it was Dar. I thought they got rid of the kid because they thought he was now working for the government. Too obvious?

Then why did the guy that was watching Carrie and Quinn followed go there???  That can't just be a coincidence.  

50 minutes ago, shelley1234 said:

Then why did the guy that was watching Carrie and Quinn followed go there???  That can't just be a coincidence.  

I don't know, I'm usually wrong in trying to predict things.  Are they watching her because of her job?  Is it just coincidence that the kid Carrie represented was targeted by Dar?  I always have to wait until they spell it out for me.

On ‎13‎.‎2‎.‎2017 at 2:01 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I feel bad for Sekou getting himself blown up and being painted as a terrorist, but I was just shaking my head when he decided the best thing to do at his welcome home party was to make a video which was exactly what Carrie and his lawyer had just told him he was not allowed to do. Come on, dude, THINK. What's more important: spite or staying out of prison?

To prove your friends that you aren't an informer and get back your spotless reputation.

I think that they did do a good job by giving Sekoy a motive of right kind to a boy of his age (and many men of all ages). 

On ‎13‎.‎2‎.‎2017 at 9:18 PM, garyvp said:

Or the Mosad?

I thought also that it's one possibility. They certainly benefit of it whereas it makes havoc to President-elect's plans vis a vis Iran.

On ‎15‎.‎2‎.‎2017 at 3:14 AM, shelley1234 said:

Damn.  The show just went down the rabbit hole of many conspiracy theorists....that terrorist attacks are actually done by the US government and not the Muslim with the bomb.   The world will paint Sekou as a radical terrorist and while he is stupid and runs off at the mouth...it's the govt that just detonated a bomb on its own soil.  

Sekou is killed because there is a bomb in his car, so he must be a terrorist - because he is a Muslim and, yes, has made some videos in the net? There must be crazy cops in the USA.

Still pondering Sekou's fate: there could also be a possibility that his like-minded friends put the bomb in his car because they still regarded him as an informer, - unless we hadn't seen what Quinn saw.

On ‎14‎.‎2‎.‎2017 at 5:22 PM, John Potts said:

And Carrie does have a kid she has to think about, aside from presumably NOT wanting to get arrested.

Yes, but when have Carrie avoided dangers, on the countrary she had always courted them. So now we're going to see whether she has really been changed by becomin a mom.

However, would they ever raise a question with a dad?

On ‎14‎.‎2‎.‎2017 at 5:22 PM, John Potts said:

the guy detaining him is a "friendly" Israeli Intelligence Officer (Mossad/Shin Bet) who wants to know what the hell Saul was up to.

Can Israelis really do this to an US collegue who isn't just anybody but in the transition team?

That said, I think the background of his attitude was finely clarified. But although I understand him, I think that he is so set on the short-term aim that he has lost the long-term aim. 

When you cry "wolf" too often and in vain, people don't believe you, when the wolf actually comes.   

2 minutes ago, Roseanna said:
On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, John Potts said:

the guy detaining him is a "friendly" Israeli Intelligence Officer (Mossad/Shin Bet) who wants to know what the hell Saul was up to.

Can Israelis really do this to an US collegue who isn't just anybody but in the transition team?

Can they? Almost certainly. Is it a good idea? That's another question. It's pretty clear they weren't going to do anything too unpleasant to him - he is from the CIA and the Israelis know better than to do anything that's going to piss them off - but considering that Saul's boss (Dar Adal) agrees with the Israelis that Saul is being too soft on the Arabs, he's unlikely to object to (essentially) a slap on the wrist to Saul.

Spoiler

Considering that they let him go next episode following the bombing, it's pretty clear that they had no intention of holding Saul long term, but hoped the US attack was "proof" the hawks were right and Saul's release after that was intended to say "See, we were right!"

On 2/13/2017 at 7:01 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

was so conflicted because on the one hand, I totally support Carrie's reluctance to share any damning information about Dar Adal. Even though she's out of the game and she has no love for Dar, there's a code and that alone is something she doesn't want to violate on principle. On top of that, it could hurt Saul and she could be brought up on charges. Those are three very good reasons to keep her mouth shut. On the other hand, Dar is out for blood so this might be the way for her to put an end to that.

On top of that for all the dirt she might have on Dar, he probably has at least twice as much damaging dirt on her. So it would probably be a mutual assured destruction thing.

On 2/14/2017 at 8:14 PM, shelley1234 said:

Which isn't that far off for this show, considering that Dar (assuming he had the bomb planted) was the guy who made a deal with the terrorist who overthrew the Pakistan embassy for almost purely political reasons.

As for Carrrie, when she was meeting Sekou in the kitchen and telling who she was I thought for sure we were going to get a Brody story or maybe a Drone Queen story or a story about being Islamabad station chief and the shitshow that went down there.

The Israeli intelligence officer accused Saul for lyig to him - after the Israeli intelligence agency had tried to dupe Saul! And even if you are friends, the interests and priorities of your countries aren't always the same.

I can understand the Israeli intelligence officer when he said to Saul that they live there whereas he don't. Therefore, they can't make a mistake to ignore the danger. But if you cry "wolf" and there is none, nobody believes you when there is one.     

Actually, although Saul acted in secret, he only did what any intelligence organization should do in the circumstances: - never trust in information strainght away but check it.

On ‎13‎.‎2‎.‎2017 at 2:01 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was so conflicted because on the one hand, I totally support Carrie's reluctance to share any damning information about Dar Adal. Even though she's out of the game and she has no love for Dar, there's a code and that alone is something she doesn't want to violate on principle. On top of that, it could hurt Saul and she could be brought up on charges. Those are three very good reasons to keep her mouth shut. On the other hand, Dar is out for blood so this might be the way for her to put an end to that.

On ‎13‎.‎2‎.‎2017 at 8:54 PM, RedFiat said:

I thought the show really got started this week. Now we have the background stuff, Quinn is coming around, and Carrie is vulnerable, much more than Dar.  If I was Carrie I would NOT give up the intel on Dar to the President-elect.  There is just no good that can come of it.  Career intelligence agents can't snitch, they go to jail for less.  And child, please.  No politician is going to protect you, regardless of the "ideals" of the office.  I am still suspect that we are seeing the President-elect as such. 

On ‎14‎.‎3‎.‎2017 at 3:18 AM, Kel Varnsen said:

On top of that for all the dirt she might have on Dar, he probably has at least twice as much damaging dirt on her. So it would probably be a mutual assured destruction thing.

Are you really sayng that even if Dar lies to the PEOTUS and tries to decide about the US foreign policy without any authority, Carrie should put loyalty to him and the CIA before the loyalty towards her country which is legally represented by the POTUS and then the PEOTUS?

Well, we had seen that Carrie had her own set of values. In many times she put her lover Brody before the CIA and her country.