Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
photo fox

These Are the Previews and Sneak Peeks

Recommended Posts

This is the place to discuss any previews and/or sneak peeks for future episodes.

Since it seems like a lot of people want to discuss ahead of the episodes, it's kind of overwhelming the individual threads before they even air.  Let's put all of that talk in here.

Thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Great thread idea! (I'm one of those who are guilty of posting speculations before the episode airs.) My thoughts on the 1x13 promo:

- A little worried about William feeling "better than [he has] in months". When that happens with late-stage cancer patients, it usually means they're about to die.

- Is Kate going to adult fat camp? Is there even such a thing? I'm all for Kate meeting other men, but horse guy seems a bit pushy - I guess that's Kate's type, whether it be Toby or someone else.

- I hope the person Kevin is trying to win back is Sloane and not Olivia. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

^^ I'm with you on all of that! I'm afraid William being all good feeling is just setting us up for dead Wise Owl.  Though I supposed I'd much rather have him feel great and then just suddenly keel over than have to watch him slowly waste away and get worse and worse each episode until he dies dramatically in the season finale. 

Horse guy does seem a little forward, but he has horses so that automatically makes me like him better than Toby. I'd probably like Toby better if he had horses but he doesn't so he can go suck an egg and Kate can run off with the wrangler. 

I have a feeling that Kevin is going to try to win back Olivia but it really should be Sloan. She's so much better.  And why is Kevin taking relationship advice from Toby? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

- I hope the person Kevin is trying to win back is Sloane and not Olivia. 

Ok, so I worry about this too. I'll have to go back and rewatch the Christmas episode, because in the promo, when Kevin is going to that door of either Sloane or Olivia, whoever opens the door has light blonde hair. Thinking of Olivia's wig, I couldn't help but panic that it was her. I can't remember if Sloane's sister has blonde hair or not. 

6 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

- Is Kate going to adult fat camp? Is there even such a thing? I'm all for Kate meeting other men, but horse guy seems a bit pushy - I guess that's Kate's type, whether it be Toby or someone else.

Yeah, the horse rider guy seems like another Toby. I guess that's Kate's preference, so....I guess I'll have to deal with that. The guy was very pushy and it sounds like he could be an issue when it comes to watching Kate's scenes. Hopefully, once Kate tells the guy that she does have a boyfriend, he backs off and doesn't continue to try to "woo" her. I hate that TV trope, and I'd hate for Kate to be swayed over. Even if I'm not a huge fan of Toby, it's just a messy story all around. Plus, I feel confident in saying that Toby/Kate will be a long term couple, so Horse Rider is really just an obstacle for that romance, so I don't want to waste my time on a love triangle like that.

10 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

- A little worried about William feeling "better than [he has] in months". When that happens with late-stage cancer patients, it usually means they're about to die.

This does make me wonder if William will be dying a little bit earlier than expected. As in not in the finale and we might actually have a couple of episodes to watch the mourning process. I am assuming that William does get hospitalized in 1x14 and we might have a couple of episodes where he's there before he dies. It's just kind of obvious. Maybe realistic too, but it's not like I thought he would make it past season 1, so I guess there are only a limited number of episodes left to deal with William's death and Randall's grief over it. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm most curious about what William is excited about doing before he dies.  Also what kind of camp Kate is at.  I am not as interested in Kevin wooing anybody back, or in a triangle for Kate.  But it would be kind of intriguing if she doesn't tell the horse trainer she has a boyfriend, thus showing she is not really ready to marry Toby. 

Share this post


Link to post

So does Toby's arrival at Kate's weight-loss retreat mean that we get to deal with two obnoxious assholes fighting over her? If they could arrange for an actual Thuderdome kind of fight, I'd be on board (two asses enter, one assleaves!) but other than that I just can't.  Also I hope that Kate invited Toby up there, otherwise he really needs to learn how to back the heck off! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So, bringing this thread back up because I watched the preview for 3x03 and have some comments about it:

So, it seems like next episode starts right back where 3x02 ended. That's a surprise! And it's the start of the Vietnam storyline, and I'm thoroughly excited. 

I am also now thoroughly excited for the Kate storyline, as it seems like she's either dreaming at home or going through with the procedure and dreaming about her past selves. I think it'll be great to see all three versions of Kate interact, and it might give Chrissy Metz some excellent material to work with her other counterparts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Kate reflects on her past and present while under anesthesia? It must be exciting for all the Kates to share scenes together for once.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I’m excited to see all three incarnations of Kate at once.  The three actresses do a good job matching mannerisms and Kate’s quirks throughout the different generations.  It’ll be interesting to see if that transfers when they’re all together.  I just know that I’ll want to see it with Randall and Kevin eventually.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Preview for 3x08:

So, they're promoting it as some unforgettable episode. But...why? Also, what does the title mean?

URG to flashback William. Seriously, we don't need him in this episode. 

Share this post


Link to post

Promo for 3x11.

So, Kevin tells Randall off screen about Nicky? Or he tells him right at the beginning of next episode.

Also, TIU promo monkeys? Having the tagline be "All of the searching has come to this" when we only found out two episodes prior about Nicky? Chill out. I do like all three siblings finally getting a storyline together.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/15/2019 at 9:32 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Promo for 3x11.

So, Kevin tells Randall off screen about Nicky? Or he tells him right at the beginning of next episode.

Also, TIU promo monkeys? Having the tagline be "All of the searching has come to this" when we only found out two episodes prior about Nicky? Chill out. I do like all three siblings finally getting a storyline together.

Rebecca is also sitting with Kevin and Randall while they are skyping with Kate.  I like seeing the three together, but there goes Kate flying cross-country again.  Also, who is picking up the gun off the table? 

Share this post


Link to post

Preview for 3x14:

So, Kevin, once again, is likely to keep silent about his drinking getting out of control because of a Kate baby emergency. I just think back to last season, when Kate had the miscarriage and Kevin was almost about to tell Randall about his addiction problem when her miscarriage happened. Now, it looks like it'll happen AGAIN. C'mon, Kevin! You gotta tell someone, man!

Share this post


Link to post

That is a bit much. They said Kate would have a realistic scenario with baby but be okay . I feel to have Kevin pushed again to background sad. I hope he speaks up. I dont know how but I still hope a Nicky crossover with his recovery. 

Edited by debraran
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, Kevin, once again, is likely to keep silent about his drinking getting out of control because of a Kate baby emergency.

I'm not sure: the clip in the preview shows him pretty clearly thrown by the sight of the bar and bartender shaking drinks, at a large party, and Kate asking if he's good, in a gentle, pointed tone. Of course she may collapse a moment later. Or perhaps a few hours later. giving Kevin reason to feel his confiding in her cost her dearly.

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Pallas said:

I'm not sure: the clip in the preview shows him pretty clearly thrown by the sight of the bar and bartender shaking drinks, at a large party, and Kate asking if he's good, in a gentle, pointed tone. Of course she may collapse a moment later. Or perhaps a few hours later. giving Kevin reason to feel his confiding in her cost her dearly.

Well, it looks like Kate being concerned about Kevin comes before her being taken to the emergency room (both are wearing the same clothes in both scenes so I'm pretty sure whatever party they're at, that's where she collapses). At least this time, someone noticed Kevin acting off, so maybe Kate will bring it up after they deal with her emergency (I assume her and the baby will be fine). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So, here is the promo to the season finale, which I wanted to talk about:

I hope Randall ends up resigning....and I also hope it's not too late for him and Beth. I do think they can work things out and Randall making a genuine sacrifice, although not huge, is the step in the right direction. 

It looks like Zoe and Kevin's issues are coming to a head. And baby Jack has his second setback. I very much doubt he's going to die. 

So....younger Rebecca gets into a car accident. We know, at least in current day that she's fine, but I'm willing to bet that there are complications that lead to whatever is wrong with her in the flash forwards. But at least she got 40+ years without it affecting her. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, here is the promo to the season finale, which I wanted to talk about:

I hope Randall ends up resigning....and I also hope it's not too late for him and Beth. I do think they can work things out and Randall making a genuine sacrifice, although not huge, is the step in the right direction. 

It looks like Zoe and Kevin's issues are coming to a head. And baby Jack has his second setback. I very much doubt he's going to die. 

So....younger Rebecca gets into a car accident. We know, at least in current day that she's fine, but I'm willing to bet that there are complications that lead to whatever is wrong with her in the flash forwards. But at least she got 40+ years without it affecting her. 

Thank you for posting this. I've looked on Twitter to no avail. Completely agree with you about Rebecca. Not sure when the accident took place, 80s?? I spy an older, very bearded Toby coming to the door of an older Randall. Dan said the last five minutes of the finale are a must see. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Rebecca is driving The Car, so it could be anytime from the late '80s - whatever year in the new millennium that Randall persuaded her it was time to retire it to a farm with lots of open fields. If late '80s, then perhaps Rebecca's cancer scare took place as a side-result of tests run after the accident.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pallas said:

Rebecca is driving The Car, so it could be anytime from the late '80s - whatever year in the new millennium that Randall persuaded her it was time to retire it to a farm with lots of open fields. If late '80s, then perhaps Rebecca's cancer scare took place as a side-result of tests run after the accident.

There is a quick shot of Jack arriving at the hospital with young Randall and Kevin, so the accident took place when the Big Three weren't even teenagers. 

I do wonder whether they're just simply going to parallel Rebecca in the hospital in the late 80s vs Rebecca in the flash forwards or if the accident in the 80s results somehow in Rebecca's fate in the flash forwards.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The parallel could simply be that she had a car accident in the past, and one that occurred in the flashforward, resulting in her being critically injured and on life support, and everyone is gathering before disconnecting. That would be something everyone would be dreading. In that case there doesn't have to be any connection between the two accidents, nor any intervening illness. I hadn't thought of that possibility before.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

The parallel could simply be that she had a car accident in the past, and one that occurred in the flashforward, resulting in her being critically injured and on life support, and everyone is gathering before disconnecting. That would be something everyone would be dreading. In that case there doesn't have to be any connection between the two accidents, nor any intervening illness. I hadn't thought of that possibility before.

Great theory, but why Beth would bring Pin the Tail on the Donkey to the disconnecting is kinda unsettling. Maybe The Great Jack was playing the game when his own mother died and so all Pearsons must recreate that magic moment for all time?

Share this post


Link to post

I can't fathom what an accident would do so many years later. I work in an ortho group and see back pain etc last for years but this was quite a long time. Unless as someone said they found something then but the kids were small. Time will tell. At least it's not like MLT when it was drawn out for months. I don't see earth shattering reveals.  Baby Jack will be fine I'm sure, Chrissy has said it enough, just a long haul, and no one is really attached yet, off the show, he represents something but not "real" yet. Does anyone really care if Randall and Beth stay or breakup, I want them to stay but the script is kind of silly, arguing about a job when teen children are home, not toddlers or grade school. That excuse the writers used was lame, there is no need for $$$ daycare so to me, maybe not to others, the whole argument is stupid, when so many other things could be brought to the table.  I hope for a better segue next Fall.

Edited by debraran

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, debraran said:

I can't fathom what an accident would do so many years later. I work in an ortho group and see back pain etc last for years but this was quite a long time. Unless as someone said they found something then but the kids were small. Time will tell. At least it's not like MLT when it was drawn out for months. I don't see earth shattering reveals.  Baby Jack will be fine I'm sure, Chrissy has said it enough, just a long haul, and no one is really attached yet, off the show, he represents something but not "real" yet. Does anyone really care if Randall and Beth stay or breakup, I want them to stay but the script is kind of silly, arguing about a job when teen children are home, not toddlers or grade school. That excuse the writers used was lame, there is no need for $$$ daycare so to me, maybe not to others, the whole argument is stupid, when so many other things could be brought to the table.  I hope for a better segue next Fall.

That's why I assume it's simply a parallel and there will be some kind of connection, literal or metaphorical, between Rebecca's car accident and Rebecca's fate in the flash forward, not necessarily that the car accident causes the flash forward fate.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

That's why I assume it's simply a parallel and there will be some kind of connection, literal or metaphorical, between Rebecca's car accident and Rebecca's fate in the flash forward, not necessarily that the car accident causes the flash forward fate.

Do you think there is another one? That would be redundant though. I guess we will see. I was hoping that they skip any dementia because if Miguel is alive, it's the only way the probably feel they can have her talk or be with Jack and not have it be an intentional slight . And of course St Miguel would be very understanding. ; )   I just wish they'd show a healthy relationship with them together like the writers said earlier in the show's debut year, before it ends.  Scenes without the Big 3.

Share this post


Link to post

The promo for next week shows alarms going off in the NICU and Kate freaking out. I predict that a nurse will calmly walk over and say, "Just a monitor that popped off. Happens all the time." and reattach said monitor to Baby Jack. Crisis averted. But wait...this is THIS IS US. Of course it will be something way more dramatic! 🙄

I had 2 NICU babies, and 99% of the time the alarms were due to a detached monitor.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, shoovenbooty said:

I had 2 NICU babies, and 99% of the time the alarms were due to a detached monitor.

Legit!   Something is detached.  Something is kinked.  Something is unplugged.  Something is full.  Something is empty. All things that can make scary noises, and do make scary noises at the hospital that are, you know, telling you something you need to know about but aren't emergency situations.   They are terrifying though if you are new and aren't used to them.  A few weeks in, though, you totally know what the beep is about and one or two things you can totally fix on the sly.   (or maybe I'm just annoying that way).


And one day some brilliant person is going to invent a monitor that you can say, "yeah, yeah, I know... the nurse will be here in a minute."  And it will stop beeping.  "Along with the smoke detector you can say, "yeah, I'm cooking!  Shut up.  It will be over in a a second!"

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Finally Rebecca's father will appear, I hate when parents are not mentioned even in passing, a bug with Million Little Things this year also.  Fogelman said

One person involved in that plan, said Fogelman, is the father of Rebecca (Mandy Moore), who has yet to be featured on the series in any real way. Rebecca's mother, portrayed by Elizabeth Perkins, previously had a storyline in which she struggled to accept Rebecca's adopted child Randall (Sterling K. Brown as an adult) as her grandchild. Will Rebecca's dad share similar sentimentalities?

Whatever happens with Rebecca's dad, it's clear that the rest of the family will struggle in the future season.

"Everyone is not okay," said Justin Hartley, who plays Kevin on the show.

While it's unclear what that means going into season 4, we know that Kevin is battling alcoholism, Kate (Chrissy Metz) just gave birth to a son prematurely, and that Randall and Beth (Susan Kelechi Watson) are dealing with major tension in their marriage.

I wonder about Jack's mom also and was it intentional that Nicky never mentioned her also, just seeing Jack?

Edited by debraran
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, bybrandy said:

All things that can make scary noises, and do make scary noises at the hospital that are, you know, telling you something you need to know about but aren't emergency situations.   They are terrifying though if you are new and aren't used to them.

For sure! I can totally understand Kate's concern. The first time one of my daughter's alarms went off, I had a semi-Kate freak out wondering, "Why aren't medical professionals rushing over here?? Isn't anyone going to save my baby?!"

Two weeks later, alarms would go off and I'd know just which monitors to adjust to make the alarms stop, before a nurse even realized an alarm was sounding.

Edited by shoovenbooty
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Meeting Rebecca's father is ok I guess, but but I really want to know is how Jack's father went from the kind man we saw at Nicky's birth to the vile asshole we saw later in his life.  I'm sure alcohol had a lot to do with it, but there has to be more to that story.

Also, I want the Rebecca-Miguel story.  

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Also, I want the Rebecca-Miguel story.  

I've been wanting Miguel's backstory since they did Deja's backstory.  I want to find out what happened during his first marriage.  How did Jack's death affect him? What happened during the time between that and when Rebecca friended him on Facebook. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, Lady Calypso said:

That's why I assume it's simply a parallel and there will be some kind of connection, literal or metaphorical, between Rebecca's car accident and Rebecca's fate in the flash forward, not necessarily that the car accident causes the flash forward fate.

Agreed. I think future them visiting Rebecca, still stunned  at losing her even though they know this was coming, will be heartbreaking. That will be contrasted with the last time the big three (when they were wee) were gathered at the hospital when mom was hurt, terrified to lose her, but they were wrong then, and she was ok. 

It doesn’t matter the age, but when you are sitting in a hospital knowing/waiting/fearing the death of a parent, it is awful and even when you are older and you’ve known it is coming, there are moments when you are the kid again and just want to scream. 

Edited by pennben
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/27/2019 at 7:05 PM, shoovenbooty said:

The promo for next week shows alarms going off in the NICU and Kate freaking out. I predict that a nurse will calmly walk over and say, "Just a monitor that popped off. Happens all the time." and reattach said monitor to Baby Jack. Crisis averted. But wait...this is THIS IS US. Of course it will be something way more dramatic! 🙄

What I don’t like is the suggestion that she is having to chase down a nurse.  My level 3 NICU baby was there 9 weeks; at that top tier each nurse was in charge of 2 babies (who were side by side) and spent her time at their bedsides.  At no time did we ever have to go find a nurse.  

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

True, they don't show the NICU well if they do that but it is a promo, they like that stuff. No real NICU would have any baby without anyone to call for help but his or her parent.

I never for a moment thought when it was Toby's face in the last one waiting to speak in Waiting Room it was bad. TIU is better than most but they still get into that soapy drama with things like that. You can almost time the commercials (ok they are every 2 minutes) with the dialogue and pregnant pauses. Even with Rebecca, I don't care really, I just hope it's not something tripe, to further diminish her and have her weak. I really wanted to see her grow into a confident woman with Miguel and have fun and not mourn for 20 years and go on dates with her son.  That really isn't good writing. She is not doing what Jack would have wanted, she stopped living, just existing. I want to also see more back story to Miguel and Rebecca and please don't have it be, "I know I'm not Jack but I love you Rebecca, I"ll tolerate the bad treatment for moments with you". ; p

Edited by debraran
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, debraran said:

I want to also see more back story to Miguel and Rebecca and please don't have it be, "I know I'm not Jack but I love you Rebecca, I"ll tolerate the bad treatment for moments with you". ; p

Well we know from Miguel himself that he's willing to stand since the Pearsons don't give him a seat at the table. 

I really wish they had let Rebecca remain single because it's so clear that Jack is still #1 even with Miguel right there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, GodsBeloved said:

Well we know from Miguel himself that he's willing to stand since the Pearsons don't give him a seat at the table. 

I really wish they had let Rebecca remain single because it's so clear that Jack is still #1 even with Miguel right there. 

I think she loves Miguel in a more mature way but it also gave her a person to help her. She had Randall and then MIguel, maybe some time inbetween they haven't shown yet.  I would have liked to see her find things she liked to do, class, gym, any group or activity that was just Rebecca. No testament to a marriage to stay in a holding pattern and I'm glad she reached out to Miguel.

Edited by debraran

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone recall which season and episode it was where they flashed forward to Toby lying in bed looking very sad and talking on the phone about what seemed to be someone in the family being sick or dead? 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size