Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: All the Things

So the last 5 minutes had to be an extended dream sequence, correct? There's no way Javier, a wanted fugitive, can settle down with a 10-year-old. It's  not summer, as Rob pointed out, so Jacob needs to be in school NOW. At the very least they'll have to remain on the run. Let's not forget they have no place to live and he can't use his real name.

I could go on about Letty's lack of fitness to parent, but I've beat that horse to death. I wished Estelle would have insisted on keeping him.

I would have found it a much more interesting choice to have Letty selflessly leave Jacob with Estelle and Rob and leave with Javier. I don't believe in having your cake and eating it too - especially when it requires such a high level of suspension of disbelief. 

Rob was a badass. Sean will not be returning, I bet.

Lusia Strus broke my heart this ep. What an outstanding performance. And she looked radiant.

JDB was his usual MVP self. I don't know how Javier kept composure for as long as he did. I wanted him to just start screaming at her and let her know that he knows what she did with Sean. The way he ended up revealing it...damn. That was about as bad as she deserved. It felt like a gut punch.

The look on his face when she said, "How else do you think I got Jacob?" murdered me. It was like he crumbled from the inside out. I was so mad at her all over again.

Loved the color contrast of her in all black and him in white...JDB looked like a scrumptious Jesus figure.

The Mike and Ike and gummy bears callbacks brought some much-needed warm feelings and levity.

Hated all the references of how they weren't good together...they definitely were - until Letty self-destructed in epic fashion.

Letty really fancies herself Wasted Sydney Bristow, doesn't she?

How could Javier go back to her? I don't buy it, as much as I wanted a Jetty happy ending. He's too smart to pal around with someone who already sold him out. The way he ran up to the door looked dream-like, I don't think he was really there.

The last 5 minutes also didn't even sound like Javier. The dialogue was stilted, trite, and completely out of his voice, yet another reason I don't think those events occurred. I doubt he'd be comparing a turncoat to Emerson, just saying. He doesn't even know who Mandy Patinkin is.

If there is a season 2, I bet it picks up in that elevator. I'll rewatch the first 8 eps until the end of time. Jury's out on the last two.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 5

I love Rob, he is so awesome. Luisa Strus was fantastic. Estelle should be continuing to raise Jacob.

I wouldn't be able to forgive and go back to someone who betrayed me like Letty did Javier.  So Javier not only looks like a Jesus figure, he is like a Jesus figure.

I thought too that the final scenes were a dream sequence but no, according to the show runner that was real and they are about 1 minute away from being arrested.

Will we find out what would happen in a second season?

For me it all came apart in the previous episode and I couldn't truly bring myself to root for Letty again. Michelle Dockery was superb but let down by the capricious writing.

But I am glad I watched this show because it distracted me from the American election results, and boy, did I need distracting.  Good Behavior had some of the best acting and chemistry I have seen in a long time and a great supporting cast.   And it introduced me to Juan Diego Botto who is just so lovely and fine.

Kudos also to the terrific use of music throughout.

• Love 6

After last week, I didn't feel that a happy ending was earned. Unless Jacob stayed with Estelle and Rob, who stepped up wonderfully this episode! Jacob needs the stability and Letty doesn't seem to have thought through anything except immediate gratification. I like the cast, and there are worse things on TV, even if I am critical, so if they have another season I'll check it out. but if they don't, that's fine by me.

• Love 5

That was nice.  I had expected them to double back on episode 1 and give us an incredibly dark ending--I admired the show early on for it's embrace of Letty's eternal broken-ness.  But since she's going to be with Jacob full time now, they can't really carry on like that anymore.  I'm hoping for season 2.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

So the last 5 minutes had to be an extended dream sequence, correct? There's no way Javier, a wanted fugitive, can settle down with a 10-year-old. It's  not summer, as Rob pointed out, so Jacob needs to be in school NOW. At the very least they'll have to remain on the run. Let's not forget they have no place to live and he can't use his real name.

It felt like it, Letty was even asleep during much of her happy ending and the opening was a dream sequence so it would feel like a bookend to the finale.

• Love 3

We got Waldo!  Where in the world?!

Next time I want to find an old friend, I am gonna knock on every door I see.  Hopefully, nobody will call the po po before I find him.  

So now Letty is a clairvoyant.  How did she not know she was going to get Jacob?  I do wonder if Estelle took some of the cash and bribed the jidge with it.

You wanna know what is truly disgusting?  There would be a better chance of Chrisever making it than Jetty!  That may be the most squick-inducing couple I have ever seen.  Hoover is turning over in his grave.

Speaking of graves...I hope MD's and JDB's career do not go to one like this show is certain to.

Javier is now on the lam from the feds. Is it a good idea for him and Letty to bring Jacob into that? Whatever, I'm so glad Javier came back for them. This doesn't look like there's going to be a second season though.

I do wonder if Estelle took some of the cash and bribed the jidge with it.

Letty took deal the FBI offered her. She gave up Javier and they fixed the custody decision. I doubt Estelle had anything to do with it. The judge clearly had his marching orders and he followed them.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

http://screenertv.com/television/good-behavior-season-2-sean-christian-back-in-a-big-way/

Just so everyone knows, it looks like this finale was made with a mapped-out season 2 in mind. Chad Hodge seems to have clear ideas about where the series is going. It's not renewed yet, but there must be a decent hope of it happening if he's out there talking about it.

So, the whole ending was real. I can't really digest it because it's so implausible, but much of this show takes place in Letty's head as a heightened reality, so I'll give it a few days to gel.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, magdalene said:

Kudos also to the terrific use of music throughout.

Every week, I keep wanting to post about the awesome music cues, and every week I forget. I think most (if not all) of the songs all season had female vocalists, which is a cool, well-thought out touch. This week, I was especially excited to get some Christine & the Queens ("Tilted"). And closing out on that good, spare cover of "Go Your Own Way" was quite satisfying.

I can't imagine shooting the sex scene this week was pleasant. With only one camera angle and no cuts during the act itself, it made me uncomfortable. (Although the glimpse of JDB booty helped, no point in pretending otherwise. Heh.)

I love how Letty and Estelle have come to understand and forgive each other, without a big scene. They came to it sideways, little by little, kind of like people do in real life.

The Christian/Rhonda seduction scenes were so great. And I liked Letty's facial reaction to Christian's 'I'm gonna get laid': not grossed out or fratty/leering, but a simple 'you do you' nod.

Here's hoping Letty and her pricey wigs don't get thrown out by TPTB!

• Love 2

I'm not a big crier when it comes to TV shows, but if that scene with Estelle giving Letty advice on Jacob had lasted any longer, I was about two seconds away from busting out with the ugly cry.  It goes without saying that Michelle was wonderful, but Lusia Strus was just masterful.

And Rob?  I love that they took this side character who's always been there as comic relief and gave him such a great moment to show he's also a damn fine human being who loves his family and will do anything to protect them (particularly from a guy we now know used to hit Letty and looked like he was close to getting physical with Estelle).  When he called Jacob his grandson, I think I actually said, "Awww!" out loud.

As for Javier and Letty, there's certainly plenty of plot holes and nits to pick, but I don't really care about any of that.  I wanted them together in the end and that's what I got and I'm happy about it.  From the casting to the music and everything in between, I haven't enjoyed a show this much in years and I'm going to miss all these insane characters terribly.  Hopefully I only have to miss them until next season.

• Love 12

The ending definitely felt really dreamlike (especially considering the two previous daydreams Letty had earlier in the episode) and I kept waiting for her to "wake up" again. I think that was done on purpose...we'd seen Letty have daydreams before, we were positioned to think that this perfect happy ending couldn't really last forever, and with those police sirens in the last couple of seconds, we know it can't.

I did like the contrast of Letty in all black and Javier in all white from an aesthetic perspective, but I still think they're equally bad people who don't want to change despite the various opportunities that would allow them. We know from other characters that Javier is an excellent chef and could make a lot of money doing that, but he chooses to be a hitman. Letty was provided with many resources to get her life back on track and regain custody of Jacob the right way, but she chose to continue self-destructing only to cheat the system (which was only possible because of the very serious crime of stealing $200,000, in a roundabout way). Sean isn't a great person either, but he hit the nail on the head with Letty this episode. "I did what people like us are supposed to do." He cleaned up his act, got a good job, and immediately wanted to be involved in his son's life when he found out about him. I think this show is really good with the constant thread of people who do horrible things still getting what they want (many times because of the horrible things they do) while making their best efforts to do the right thing get the shaft.

I think Estelle is a great example. Is she the most ideal, perfect guardian for Jacob? No, she's got her problems. But she genuinely loves him and has done her best (I think in part to make up for how Letty turned out). She provided him with a stable, loving home, and out of her, Sean, and Letty, is the current best choice for his primary guardian. And yet Letty continues to fuck up and still gets to swoop in and take him away. It's deeply unfair but it's a theme that the show is dedicated to exploring.

I'm glad to hear if there is a season two that we'll get more Christian. He's been a really delightful, lowkey character to have around, and I love all the scenes he's had the the fed. I hope we get more Rob too!

• Love 4

I was expecting we were going to find out that the woman FBI agent wasn't really FBI but part of a group out for Javier (not sure if for good or bad reasons).

This show has more plot holes than a sieve.  I can watch a James Bond movie and just go for the ride with all the unrealistic stuff but on this show it bugs me.  Yes Letty with no home and no job has custody of her son - loved when he asked are we going to live in a car?  The plot with Jacob has been the least interesting to me so now that he's with Letty and Javier full time really doesn't make me want to watch more.

I also find all the bleeping of words annoying.  Maybe they thought it made it seem more realistic but it just bugged me.  We've had to suspend belief so much that hearing someone say something like that friggin idiot or just idiot rather than that fing idiot wouldn't make me sit up and say "hey someone like that wouldn't talk like that."

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, abbyzenn said:

I also find all the bleeping of words annoying.  Maybe they thought it made it seem more realistic but it just bugged me. 

I think we'll be seeing more of this, as shows are produced not knowing who their outlet will be: streaming/premium cable/regular cable, network/ foreign, etc, etc, etc. Muting the profanity, rather than not using it or 'fracking' it, also lets them unmute it for dvd/eventual streaming.

• Love 4

The bleeping sometimes takes me out of a scene, as do obviously overdubbed words that don't match lip movements. Unless a show or movie is a constant barrage of curse words, I can't imagine it's that difficult to record two versions at the time of filming and have both available for various outlets as needed.

Edited by lordonia
23 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I would have found it a much more interesting choice to have Letty selflessly leave Jacob with Estelle and Rob and leave with Javier. I don't believe in having your cake and eating it too - especially when it requires such a high level of suspension of disbelief. 

I expected them to run off together - but I also thought she would leave Jacob with her mom.  I knew Letty was delusional where Jacob was concerned, but I thought Javier had more sense :( 

11 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

So, the whole ending was real. I can't really digest it because it's so implausible, but much of this show takes place in Letty's head as a heightened reality, so I'll give it a few days to gel.

Him coming back to her rang true for me.  He's lived a solitary life and she's giving him an alternative that he never envisioned for himself.  For her to do what she did for him..I think meant a lot to him.  He loves her and knows she's impulsive.  I think he forgave her for ratting him out once he knew it was for Jacob. 

10 hours ago, attica said:

I love how Letty and Estelle have come to understand and forgive each other, without a big scene. They came to it sideways, little by little, kind of like people do in real life.

It was a well-written and real relationship...same with her and Tiffany. 

8 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

As for Javier and Letty, there's certainly plenty of plot holes and nits to pick, but I don't really care about any of that.  I wanted them together in the end and that's what I got and I'm happy about it.

Yep.  This is pretty much me too.  I had big ol' grin on my face when Javier bounded up those stairs.  They played it perfectly.  Hope and wonder all over their faces. 

6 hours ago, abbyzenn said:

This show has more plot holes than a sieve.  I can watch a James Bond movie and just go for the ride with all the unrealistic stuff but on this show it bugs me.  Yes Letty with no home and no job has custody of her son - loved when he asked are we going to live in a car?  The plot with Jacob has been the least interesting to me so now that he's with Letty and Javier full time really doesn't make me want to watch more.

Jacob must be psychic!  I don't see how this works without Javier and/or Letty going to jail.  Do they all take on new identities?  Or, does Javier somehow get off the hook?

There was alot to like about the episode.  The callbacks, the black/white, all things Rob-Estelle, pissy Javier and put-upon Letty in the hardware store, the Rob-Javier bromance, all things Letty-Estelle, the raw sex scene, and that terrific elevator scene. 

I never would have tuned in if not for MD and I'm so glad I did.  It's managed to surprise me more than once which is pretty rare.   While marketing it as "watch Lady Mary do meth" was a good way to get some eyeballs...I think the complicated relationship btwn Letty/Javier should have been promoted more.  I probably would have tuned in for that even without MD.  I think it had a lot stacked against it and I hope it gets renewed just to see where else the story can go. 

• Love 3

For some reason, I love this show, and I'm able to fanwank all the plotholes (and there are more than a few, I agree). Maybe it's the beauty of Michelle Dockery and JDB, because damn, I ship Letty and Javier like nobody's business (and I'm not a big shipper).

I think they took Jacob because the belief was that Sean would come back for him, and Rob (god bless him, I teared up with his defense of his family) couldn't hold him off forever. I loved Christian and the FBI agent. I love the idea of their little family unit on the road. I loved that the relationships between Letty and Estelle, Letty and Tiffany, Letty and Christian - they all FELT real to me.

Would this ever happen for real? No, but like when I'm reading a good book, I'm willing to go on a ride with the show. I'm hopeful we'll get another season, although I don't know if they can keep the beauty of these ten episodes up for another ten. So if it ends on this note, I'll be satisfied. Sad, but satisfied.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, vm2017 said:

[Javier] loves her and knows she's impulsive. I think he forgave her for ratting him out once he knew it was for Jacob. 

I wonder if he forgave her for having sex with Sean once he himself had rammed her hard against the wall?

The way they relate to each other sexually is kind of twisted, is what I'm saying.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 3

But really, how did Javier get TWO Range Rovers to Estelle's house?

I did cry at the end and I am hopeful for a second season that will clear a lot up and not make me suspend disbelief too much.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, justjen said:

I think Letty was driving the silver one, he gave it to her and took off on the Harley.  Then he got the black one, and drove it to Estelle's to pick them up.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, vm2017 said:

I never would have tuned in if not for MD and I'm so glad I did.  It's managed to surprise me more than once which is pretty rare.   While marketing it as "watch Lady Mary do meth" was a good way to get some eyeballs...I think the complicated relationship btwn Letty/Javier should have been promoted more.  I probably would have tuned in for that even without MD.  I think it had a lot stacked against it and I hope it gets renewed just to see where else the story can go. 

I agree completely - I started watching just for Michelle and not only did she exceed my expectations in every possible way, so did everything and everyone else.  It surprised me and entertained me so much, I just can't stand the thought of this being the end of the story.

11 hours ago, saoirse said:

For some reason, I love this show, and I'm able to fanwank all the plotholes (and there are more than a few, I agree). Maybe it's the beauty of Michelle Dockery and JDB, because damn, I ship Letty and Javier like nobody's business (and I'm not a big shipper).

I think they took Jacob because the belief was that Sean would come back for him, and Rob (god bless him, I teared up with his defense of his family) couldn't hold him off forever. I loved Christian and the FBI agent. I love the idea of their little family unit on the road. I loved that the relationships between Letty and Estelle, Letty and Tiffany, Letty and Christian - they all FELT real to me.

I'll happily plead guilty to fanwanking too, and Michelle & JDB are 100% at fault lol.

And I agree that they took Jacob because of Sean.  When she came back to Estelle's, convinced that Javier was done with her, I think she was either going to leave Jacob there or maybe even stay there with him herself, but then Estelle told her that Sean had been there and that he wouldn't give up until he got what he wanted.

1 hour ago, justjen said:

Letty already had the silver one...and I have to admit I was kind of hoping that Rob would choose the black one, since Letty and Javier have had the silver one all season.  Sentimental value! lol

Edited because I forgot to add my favorite part of the entire episode was Letty telling Jacob she thinks it's better if Javier is with them and Jacob saying, "I agree."  Smart boy.

Edited by TaraS1
  • Love 3

Of all the ridiculous reaches the writers made with "reality," one that annoyed a lot, if not most, was how goofball and poor Rob and Estelle could explain how they came by a new Range Rover.  Lashever would be sure to make their life miserable for aiding and abetting Javier.

Javy didn't buy those super expensive cars outright.  The titling and registration would be a very big problem for the new "owners."  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, lordonia said:

I wonder if he forgave her for having sex with Sean once he himself had rammed her hard against the wall?

The way they relate to each other sexually is kind of twisted, is what I'm saying.

Yes?  He tells Jacob he trusts her - which isn't the same thing as forgiveness.  For these characters and the lives they live, trust is probably more important though.

That was an uncomfortable scene to watch.  It wasn't loving like their last sex scene, but it wasn't cruel either.  I think we were meant to compare it not only to their prior ones, but to Letty's with Sean.  Sean's parting shot was meant to hurt; Javier's wasn't.  His was more to clear the air and let her know why he was angry.  Part of that anger was probably directed at himself.  He gave her the power to hurt him.  Honestly, he was more upset about her and Sean than about her sending the FBI after him! 

10 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

And I agree that they took Jacob because of Sean.  When she came back to Estelle's, convinced that Javier was done with her, I think she was either going to leave Jacob there or maybe even stay there with him herself, but then Estelle told her that Sean had been there and that he wouldn't give up until he got what he wanted.

I hadn't considered that but it makes more sense.  It's still crazy, but I could understand how they thought it was a good idea.  It would also explain how Estelle could just let Jacob go...

21 hours ago, saoirse said:

I loved that the relationships between Letty and Estelle, Letty and Tiffany, Letty and Christian - they all FELT real to me.

So in this yahoo interview, Chad Hodge mentions the majority of writers on the show are women.  I'm going to give them the credit :)

• Love 5
On 1/10/2017 at 10:15 PM, thesupremediva1 said:

How could Javier go back to her? I don't buy it, as much as I wanted a Jetty happy ending. He's too smart to pal around with someone who already sold him out. The way he ran up to the door looked dream-like, I don't think he was really there.

I can see why he went back to her.  He was falling for her even before she fell for him.  He didn't initially want to leave her after they first got together when she was forced to help him as a cover to kill that guy.  Remember when she left him in the rain?  He gave her his number in case she ever needed him.  So he was falling for her from the beginning.  He also got to see how much she loves her son, and he knows how desperate she was to keep him.  He saw her falling apart, and I think he told someone that he had never seen her that devastated.  So when she turns him in, he understand why - he understands what was at stake.  What mattered to him, and what they stated in the episode was how she drove all night to get to him to save him, and how she didn't give up until he knew what she had done and to warn him.  Yes, she turned him in, but she also saved him in the end.  So he's basically right back where he started.  He also knows how self-destructive she is, and so I guess was willing to forgive her for sleeping with Sean.  I mean she has to be completely self-destructive to sleep with Sean, and Javier does make her better.  

Love Estelle and Rob.  Those two would never work on paper, but darn if they don't sell it onscreen.  I also love how Javier cares about them too.  Rob has such a mancrush on Javier, and neither one of them deny it.  I love it.  I agree that Jacob should stay with his grandmother.  I have no idea how Letty thinks she can take care of a child with her lack of impulse control and the fact that they are essentially on the run from the FBI.  It's insane and it's selfish, but that's who Letty is.  The problem is that the characters are so fantastic that I can't help watching.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 8
On 1/13/2017 at 4:21 PM, Bishop said:

He also got to see how much she loves her son, and he knows how desperate she was to keep him.

I wonder if Letty really does love Jacob? She's doesn't know him and has been subconsciously using him as a kind magical talisman who will somehow make her life happy and fulfilled. The goal has been to GET HER SON with little regard for his own physical and mental well being or her ability to provide those for him.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 9

I am simultaneously happy Letty got to have it all and repulsed by myself for being happy about it. It is truly a credit to the actors that I am not so secretly rooting for the murderer and the con/meth head to live happily ever after with the son neither of them knows. 

But for realsies: poor Jacob.

How did Rob make me love him?

• Love 4

I can now happily rewatch the finale with fresh eyes, because season 2 arrives in the fall!

I'm ultimately happy they made this dysfunctional family unit and here's to many seasons of Jetty, questionable moral compasses, and indiscernible fantasy sequences!

• Love 2
On January 11, 2017 at 10:56 PM, saoirse said:

Would this ever happen for real? No, but like when I'm reading a good book, I'm willing to go on a ride with the show. I'm hopeful we'll get another season, although I don't know if they can keep the beauty of these ten episodes up for another ten. So if it ends on this note, I'll be satisfied. Sad, but satisfied.

I totally agree with everything, plus on a superficial note I adored a lot of Letty's wardrobe.  I cracked up when Tiffany's husband told her to wear an outfit to court that an unemployed ex-felon could actually afford. Estelle broke my heart when she was explaining Jacob's needs to Letty. Keeping my fingers crossed for a season two. Have already had my hopes dashed by Amazon with the cancellation of Good Girls Revolt so I'm steeling myself.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, politichick said:

I totally agree with everything, plus on a superficial note I adored a lot of Letty's wardrobe.  I cracked up when Tiffany's husband told her to wear an outfit to court that an unemployed ex-felon could actually afford. Estelle broke my heart when she was explaining Jacob's needs to Letty. Keeping my fingers crossed for a season two. Have already had my hopes dashed by Amazon with the cancellation of Good Girls Revolt so I'm steeling myself.

You should check the media thread - the show has been renewed for a second season.

On 1/14/2017 at 1:44 AM, lordonia said:

I wonder if Letty really does love Jacob? She's doesn't know him and has been subconsciously using him as a kind magical talisman who will somehow make her life happy and fulfilled. The goal has been to GET HER SON with little regard for his own physical and mental well being or her ability to provide those for him.

I think she loves him, but she's also very selfish and almost child-like herself.  When things go bad for Letty, she self-destructs.  Heck, Jacob is more emotionally mature than Letty, but that doesn't mean she doesn't love him.  I think she's going to realize that Jacob belongs with her mother because Letty refuses to change.  She's addicted to her lifestyle - stealing, lying, excess.  This is why I consider her selfish.  If she truly wanted to give Jacob a better life, she would change, but she can't.  It still doesn't mean she doesn't love Jacob.  It only means that she's a crappy mother despite her best intentions.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 7

When it comes to Jacob, Letty and Sean are peas and carrots:  They love the idea of a son.  They do not love Jacob.  Estelle loves Jacob.

Letty and Javier love the idea of their relationship.  Nobody can actually love such a thing based on the deceits and known character flaws the other possesses.  As an addict, her whole life is about an idea - controlling pain and disorder with chemicals.  Javier spends his days acting out the anger he legitimately has for his evil Father.  Again - that is a thirst which can not be quenched without directly facing the actual issue.

• Love 4
On 1/11/2017 at 6:21 PM, Lord Donia said:

The bleeping sometimes takes me out of a scene, as do obviously overdubbed words that don't match lip movements. Unless a show or movie is a constant barrage of curse words, I can't imagine it's that difficult to record two versions at the time of filming and have both available for various outlets as needed.

You might want to check your cable's On Demand. For this show mine always has both an explicit and not-explicit version of every episode, although I usually just DVR it. I wasn't intentionally choosing the explicit one but I must've since I've never heard anything bleeped on this show.

I wasn't planning on even watching this episode, but, decided that I would after reading things here.  It was better than I expected, but still unfortunate.  I think that writers get caught in the trap.  It's a trap of making this huge deal out of a huge challenge for the lead character.  They build it up and focus on it so much that it take over the story, but, they don't really stop to consider just how destructive realizing that dream will be for the character who is in pursuit.

The greatest things about the character of Letty is her spontaneous and rebel spirit. She's fast to instigate a con, put herself in danger and live life in the fast lane.  We love those traits about her. She's funny and we root for her, even though she's a criminal.  But, when you place her as a mother of a young child.......it's not amusing anymore.  We don't want to see that kind of behavior with a child in her custody.  IT's sad, pathetic and unsettling.  We then start resenting her for doing this to her child. She's not ready to parent.  So, now, we have to watch her place her child in danger or change and not be that wild child that we love.  IMO, the writers painted themselves into a corner and ruined the best thing about the show.  Do I want to watch Letty becoming a good mom, being a law abiding citizen, no shenanigans, sweet and reformed, etc.  ?  I don't think so. That's a different show. 

One thing that I did LOVE about this episode, was Christian and the FBI lady! OMG.  I LOL A LOT!  Too funny.  I have to watch that again.  Priceless.  

• Love 6

I agree. Some shows know how to handle it.  Like, Skyler having a baby on Breaking Bad worked.  It was done very well, even though Skyler had to carry the baby around a lot in her carrier, BUT, having Juliet on Nashville have a baby was disastrous.  It painted the character into a corner, limited her options and generally confirmed the show would be cancelled.  There are little options once the child exist and there is no way they will write the child out. 

I was actually hoping that perhaps Letty's mom would take off and disappear with Jacob.  Maybe, not the best life for the kid, but, better than him disappearing with Letty. 

• Love 1
On 1/25/2017 at 4:12 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

The greatest things about the character of Letty is her spontaneous and rebel spirit. She's fast to instigate a con, put herself in danger and live life in the fast lane.  We love those traits about her. She's funny and we root for her, even though she's a criminal.  But, when you place her as a mother of a young child.......it's not amusing anymore.  We don't want to see that kind of behavior with a child in her custody.  IT's sad, pathetic and unsettling.  We then start resenting her for doing this to her child. ...

Do I want to watch Letty becoming a good mom, being a law abiding citizen, no shenanigans, sweet and reformed, etc.  ?  I don't think so. That's a different show. 

One thing that I did LOVE about this episode, was Christian and the FBI lady! OMG.  I LOL A LOT!  Too funny.  I have to watch that again.  Priceless.  

I agree. I absolutely hate when they put kids into these shows.

Here I am enjoying her criminal activity and now I have to switch emotions and direct my attention to the child. It IS upsetting. 

• Love 2