Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Resting Chef Face

Mark and Jenna face the consequences of using the lodge for extra-curricular activities. Meanwhile, Los Angeles fashionistas arrive and test the staffers with last-minute demands, and Nikita stirs up tension by refusing to be a team player.

Those guests were ridiculous. The outfits, the massive amount of luggage, the requests for the gluten free blah, blah, special juices, coffee served in the room at 4:45 in the morning. Nikita is awful. She tries to be as difficult and uncooperative as she can. She looks like Harry Styles to me.

Mark needs to be verbally smacked.   At least Jenna got it. 

Jamie needed to tell Nik what the guests wanted instead of having Louise and the other guy cover for her.  Louise has every right to be angry.  Nik and Mark have a real attitude problem.  I'm sure there were other qualified people who applied for the show and would gladly step up to the plate.

• Love 5

The pregnant sister looked like Ivanka Trump. 

I love that Mark felt it necessary to clarify what country Kim Jong Un is from though to be fair I imagine none of the dolts from Vanderpump Rules could name a world leader.

I don't understand how Nikita has ever stayed at a job because her attitude is the absolute worst, it's so bad even Mark who also has a shitty attitude and is her bff recognizes it. 

That said Jaime needs to do his job and tell her what to do and if she doesn't do it fire her.

I hate the term babymoon but if you were going to plan one why would you chose a place that had activities that she couldn't participate in?

How did they unpack all that crap when they were there for less than two days?

• Love 7

I don't get how the guests could have given Nikita more of a tip then anyone else. Blake got up and delivered coffee. Jenna decorated the stupid gluten free vegan cake that they wanted at the last minute. The cake that Louise procured. Louise was the one who was taking notes for them regarding their requests. Heck, Louise was always making sure the guests got what they wanted or was making sure they were good. Nikita's food is very pedestrian looking.

Jamie needs to stop being afraid of Nikita and buck up. Jamie is the boss. Nikita's rump would be out the door if she pulled any of that crap with another boss. Can you see Nikita's attitude in a kitchen? With a head chef like Bourdain, Keller, Coliccio, Palmer? She wouldn't last a day. Like the above poster said, you know Nikita must have a horrible attitude if her buddy Mark recognizes it.

Why so much luggage for 2 days? Were the guests coming from another vacation or going to another destination? Preggo lady didn't need to be going to Whistler when she was that pregnant. Save it for after the baby so she can ski. I was impressed by the ski talent of the guests.

Colston, at a young age, has more maturity than Mark. Louise should be manager.

• Love 8

Enjoying this more than I expected...

Yes, Nikita's attitude sucks, but Jamie was as much to blame.  He never asked her to do any of it, he was too afraid to approach her.  With that, he pissed off Louise & Blake.  Plus, he's so anxious when talking to the guests, he makes me uncomfortable watching him.  How hard would it be to to say "See Nikita & Blake for any food/beverage requests, Louise for housekeeping, and Mark for activities/etc?"  That way, the guests wouldn't have to guess who to approach. Also, leave the tip envelope/feedback card in the main's room and don't ask them for it on the spot.

Mark's "bring it on" was one of the douchiest thing I've seen on TV all year (even with the Canadian accent).

• Love 6

Watching last night made me want to be in Jamie's shoes for just an hour. Just long enough to fire Mark's douchey ass and send entitled, snotty Nikita packing with a few choice words. They don't seem to realize how replaceable they really are.

• Love 4

Jamie's the worst boss ever. He makes demands with no realization on how it impacts others' workloads. He's also a ball of stress. Then whenever there's a confrontation about it, he shuts down.

Mark and Nikita are preening narcissists but at least they're good at their jobs. Louise is the worst tattle tale co-worker.

I thought Jamie has been less s****** since the first episode. Does he have the ability to fire people or would he have to go to Joey Gibbons where he may or may not fire someone?

No matter how Jamie approaches Nikita, she is not going to take it well. She cannot handle any sort of criticism. 

I actually do not mind Jamie. I also like (well as much as I like anyone on this show) Louise, Blake, and Colston. I barely remember Cynthia is even there. Mark is good at his job, but a dick. I do give Jenna credit for stepping up a bit more and not wanting to be in trouble/fired.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, portfino said:

Mark and Nikita are preening narcissists but at least they're good at their jobs. Louise is the worst tattle tale co-worker.

The only people that she "tattled" on were people who broke the rules and impacted her job.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

No matter how Jamie approaches Nikita, she is not going to take it well. She cannot handle any sort of criticism. 

I think Nikita needs to go on Hell's Kitchen and see how she performs under Gordon Ramsey.

• Love 5

Louise did not "tattle" on Mark and Nikita.  She refused to be their doormat and assertively called them out on their behavior.  Why should she cover for them when they refuse to follow basic rules and/or adequately perform their job responsibilities.  Mark and Nikita made Louise's job so much harder.  Their entitled asshat behavior impacted the entire team.  Good on Louise for being so assertive while confronting them.  

When Louise saw that someone had used the guest lodge she asked the other staff who was in there the previous night.  SHe is responsible for keeping the lodge s*** and span and ready for guests.  SHe had already cleaned the lodge the day before and left it in guest ready condition.  Louise went into the guest lodge the next morning and found that it was a mess and missing alcohol.  It was her job to find out who did it and to report it to Jamie, especially because Mark was one of the culprits and he had already been warned about using the guest lodge.  

Nikita pissed off the entire staff with her prima donna behavior.  She refuses to do her job which means her co-workers are forced to pick up her slack.  Jamie, Louise and the rest of the staff could not confront her while the guests were there because she would have thrown a major tantrum that would have ruined the guests visit.  To add insult to injury the guests, who were unaware of Nikita's antics, left Nikita an extra $50 tip.  What was worse Nikita sat there with a smirk on her face.  Louise came out and said what everyone around the table was thinking.  She was not mean or nasty about it but she made her feelings very clear to Nikita and let Nikita know that her behavior would not be tolerated.  

• Love 12

I didn't think these guests were any more high maintenance than anyone else. They wanted pressed juice and a cake. That's not a tall order, unless some other garbage ended up getting cut. 

Mark is a dipshit of the highest degree and he did not redeem himself by shifting the spotlight on Nikita. And even though I hate Nikita as much as the next person, Louise should have been just as pissed at Jamie. It's his fault she's taking on twice the workload. And she's lucky the cheerleader barbie finally stepped up or she'd have even more on her plate. Jamie is so effing sad. He did a decent job of managing the lovebirds despite Mark trying to gaslight him so I don't get why he's so scared of Nikita. But I don't get why she's so proud of being scary and unmanageable. She's a pill.

• Love 1

I was a food and beverage manager/server/cook/dishwasher/prep/hostess for over 45 years...I've worked in the highest end places as well as hole in the wall places when I needed a few bucks. This show just KILLS me! I would fire that bitch ass cook in 2 seconds flat. However I wasn't on TV and I didn't have contracts with TV companies to stand in my way. In real life she would be GONE. I'll grill ya some burgers on the bbq grill while we fly in a replacement! 

Handsy guy needs to back off but girl friend there needs to speak up to more then a camera and say Hey asshole. I'm a human being with a mind not your play toy. Hands off when I'm working!!

The first person who told me they were equal to me (!) or didn't have to listen to me would also see the other side of the door. Uh NO. Welcome to the real world where there are RULES and you have to FOLLOW them. His entitlement that he could do anything, say anything, go anywhere was so special snowflake behavior I wanted to scream! 

This is a show I love to hate!! Glad to see the LA Princess stating to take some pride in her work instead of figuring out out how to not do any work....

• Love 4
19 hours ago, rho said:

And even though I hate Nikita as much as the next person, Louise should have been just as pissed at Jamie. It's his fault she's taking on twice the workload

I think my homies, Louise and Blake, are seeing the big picture, which is Jamie is the boss. The teams' choice at this point is a. mutiny or b. support the chain of command. Nikita and 2/3s of Mark are choosing option A. This option will result in high drama, abominable service to paying guests and will affect the bottom line of Gibbons Life and therefore their jobs. Louise, Blake, Colston and Jenna v2.0 have chosen option B. The team is still a clusterf*c because of the holdouts, but it was because of the holdouts that there were problems this episode. Cynthia will follow whatever the outdoors team chooses, so she is probably grudgingly going to fall into the Jamie line. So, yeah, short term, it WAS on Jamie that Louise had more work. But Louise is supporting him so that the work is distributed the way it was always meant to be for the long term. That's the way I see it, anyway. 

One more thing..Jamie. Doula. I had 2 homebirths and this fills me with horror. 

• Love 1

Nikita bugs me.  Her glee that she intimidates her boss annoys me.  As does her work ethic.  When Jenna looks better than you (as an employee) even after banging in the guest house & initially sucking at her job, the problem is you.

That being said, Jamie: manager up.  It's your job to have the difficult convos & make everyone do their job.  If they don't like it, they can ski on down the mountain and seek employment elsewhere.  Jamie is lucky he has a few people who aren't trying to make his life/job hell.

• Love 3

Also those guests! I flipping hate when folks stay on their phones recording the experience,rather than organically experncing the expensive, delightful vacation. People do that shit at concerts and it makes me crazy

• Love 1

I think the problem is besides the personalities of everyone involved and the lack of luxury and banality of the guests ...the locations shots are a bit mundane and don't inspire envy for many viewers. Like mountains are cool but a snow covered landscape to most viewers during US winter = life. If this was set in blue ocean Caribbean or here's a twist that probably would never happen but be cool af in Africa w people dealing w rich vacationers that would great cuz its many peoples dream vaca and something they can't imagine or afford. They could highlight the class disparities more as well

• Love 3