Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation without Spoilers: So is Wucy a Thing or Not?

From the Spoilers thread, since it's really more to do with speculation than actual spoilers:

So... let us clear some stuff out.
1. Lucy is born to a member of Rittenhouse... or somebody working FOR them. If it is the latter, it explains why she is not roped in to work with/for them (I am skeptical to the idea that just because her mother wanted nothing to do with that dude, they'd have left her be, if progeny was that important). He is a professor. Of? Anybody remembers?

2. Flynn has a diary written by Lucy. Maybe. Which maybe be specially written or manipulative in order to confuse somebody. Maybe Flynn... maybe somebody else. What if that diary was written by an alternative Lucy, who IS/WAS/WILL BE/WHATEVER working for Rittenhouse? Maybe she was the Lucy who got the fiance and never had a sister? Oh, I think the sister was mentioned as being part of the diary? I don't recall.

3. Rufus... he is interesting and I believe, he is the story most important character. I predict his untimely death or getting stuck in the past or having his family disappeared. Something. :)

4. Bland-guy-what's-his-name with the wife. I am betting money his story is never resolved. :)

5. Agent Cristopher sounded not long for this world, considering she managed to make Rufus talk. If she survives, that would be awesome though. :) I really, really liked that she was smart enough to start acting on her hunches. Hell, I'd have been suspicious on that guy and I am not a cop. :)

6. Anthony. What is his motivation? I am getting complete zero, maybe they jumped in the future and saw the end of the world, which motivated him sufficiently?

:)

So, what does everyone think?  These are some interesting theories put forth by @Eneya.

5 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Lucy is born to a member of Rittenhouse... or somebody working FOR them.

Lucy's biological father is the main shady guy who Mason is reluctantly works for. The same dude asked Rufus to spy on everyone. The same dude was in the 1970s and ask Rufus to get rid of Doc. It was revealed three episodes ago. He's obviously NOT a professor. He's the Main Shady Guy.

I am sorry, if you are a big shot... would YOU go to a meeting with a lackey or send somebody to do that for you? Because I am sceptical that if you are this big banana, you'd go around harassing random people, you will have enforcers and you will be safely tucked away from the possibility of somebody saying "wait, THAT guy is part of that shady organisation? I know him, I have seen hiim, I can prove we have talked, the organisation is Rittenhouse, he is also working in "some fancy, high level job". Makes no sense.

Also, Lucy's mother said she met Lucy's father in college, where he was a professor, they had an affair and she got pregnant. So it literally makes no sense to say he is not professor. What does he do for a living? Why did they leave Lucy alone, if he IS Rittenhouse and not a flunky?

4. Bland-guy-what's-his-name with the wife. I am betting money his story is never resolved

The note he wrote to her in the future from the past could still be in play. Or, as was posted on the Bonnie and Clyde thread, I'd prefer Wyatt's wife show up married to someone else not recognizing Wyatt, but someone else just wants her to show up divorced, which makes me nervous about an annoying romantic triangle.

• Love 2

From the episode thread, courtesy of @kili:

That's why I'm becoming increasingly convinced that she never died and is part of Rittenhouse (perhaps like Doc, she went into hiding or perhaps she was only close to a SEAL to get access to information of some sort). He's only going to be able to move on from her if she betrayed him. Even if she ends up married to somebody else in one of the timelines, he's going to keep trying to fix the timelines to get her back. If she faked her death and has been fooling him all along, then he can move on. As long as he feels responsible for her death and thinks he can save her, he cannot.

I really, really hope they don't go that route.  It would be the mother of all tropes, and there is also at present zero evidence to back it up in any way, shape, or form.  I would think that if she were still alive and part of Rittenhouse, we'd have gotten at least a mention of her as a way of hinting that Wyatt was specifically chosen for this mission because of Rittenhouse, not despite Rittenhouse, just as we've gotten with Lucy and Rufus.   Occam's Razor applies, and somehow involving Jessica as a member of Rittenhouse violates that basic principle.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Rittenhouse was responsible for her murder.  THAT would be more believable to me.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I really, really hope they don't go that route.  It would be the mother of all tropes, and there is also at present zero evidence to back it up in any way, shape, or form.  I would think that if she were still alive and part of Rittenhouse, we'd have gotten at least a mention of her as a way of hinting that Wyatt was specifically chosen for this mission because of Rittenhouse,

It does make me wonder why Wyatt was chosen when, frankly, he doesn't seem the most obvious choice. And since both Rufus and Lucy are specifically on the team for a reason, why wouldn't Wyatt be as well?  Just because they haven't gotten to it yet. 

1 hour ago, BooBear said:

It does make me wonder why Wyatt was chosen when, frankly, he doesn't seem the most obvious choice. And since both Rufus and Lucy are specifically on the team for a reason, why wouldn't Wyatt be as well?  Just because they haven't gotten to it yet. 

Not that I expect any TV series to be consistent, but there was that episode in which they implied that Wyatt was a replaceable (and therefore generic) SEAL. I suppose it could be resolved that the Head Lady of the Time Travel Division was just playing along with the higher ups, but had every intention of keeping Wyatt on board so she could keep track of him — not that she has a clue about much of the shenanigans that happen when the team is off world in another time and place.

Just rewatched so I could pick up connections in things.  In the "Nixon" episode, Flynn reads from Lucy's diary to Wyatt that his wife was found strangled - so we have a body.  In the "Alamo" episode, they were willing to replace him fairly easily, so don't think he has a connection to Ritten house.  Head NSA lady knows the importance of teams, so I think that was the reason she wanted to keep him on board.

• Love 1
On 12/11/2016 at 0:17 PM, Ceindreadh said:

My guess is that 'Wucy' will become a thing on one of their trips.  And said trip will have them return to find that Wyatt's wife is alive in that timeline. Because of course it's not going to be straightforward!

I am keeping the miniscule hope alive that bringing Wyatt's wife back won't be used for this purpose - a 'Wucy' ship-stall - but it seems inevitable.

And as to it becoming a thing, I'd debate that it already has - all the way back in 1.3: Atomic City, if not sooner - or at least begun the formation of becoming a thing at the very least.  Just a matter of time before they 'do the deed' and commit to each other.

After watching the Rittenhouse episode....couldn't another team be sent back -once the machines are back-to fix the mistakes team RuLuWy make?  They can't go back to a time they are already in, but that doesn't mean someone else can't go and fix it?  It could add a whole other season on,.  New team goes back, interacts with RuLuWy and Flynn and so we'd still have main cast, but they would be totally flummoxed by these new people and have to figure out how to get what needs to happen, happen (the ropes drag through the water, Booth kills Lincoln, Alamo guy writes letter, etc.). Especially since last night episode, A LOT of things got changed.  Rittenhouse, Arnold and Cornwallis killed, Rufus potentially starting a slave revolt, these have to have repercussion down the road.

Edited by Ripley68
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Bsmith84 said:

Has anybody associated with Rittenhouse and similarities with the Rothschild family. They are tied to the foundations of our world banking system and all the major companies involved in our daily lives.

David Rittenhouse was his own person.  The scenarios here regards his fictional organization here are based on the conspiracy theorists into the early Mason, Illuminati etc with the Deist clock-making theory added in but this time with Rittenhouse being the clock-maker and not the God.   The Rothschilds made a lot of money but so have a lot of other people many of whom are richer and more powerful then any Rothschild descent.  And the original Rothschild was into making money and growing his business; not breeding some elite rulers to keep the clock wound up and running and the peasants running in circles around it's dial.  The only people throughout history who thought the Rothchildes were running the world were the Nazis and other anti-Semite groups.

• Love 2

I've been wondering how Flynn got hold of Lucy's journal--and also how he learned about the key that Bonnie & Clyde had and what it opened (and if he knew about it earlier than the recent episode where he retrieved it, why didn't he retrieve it earlier?).  Is it possible that he's used the time machine to go into the future--and maybe that can't be tracked from 2016, since from the perspective of someone living in 2016 it hasn't happened yet?  Or is Flynn getting information from a renegade Rittenhouse member (but that still doesn't explain the journal)?

Also, how has Anthony been able to travel back to time periods when he was alive (1962, 1969)?  Is the rule that you just can't encounter yourself during a time when you were alive?

• Love 1

The Anthony thing has been brought up in other threads here, and two theories kicked around are that (1) the "real" rule is that you mustn't go back to a time and place where you already exist, or (2) Anthony himself is from the future and first built a time machine to get to our present.

They still haven't explained enough for us to figure out how Flynn got Lucy's journal -- as far as I recall, they haven't said whether travel to the future is even possible -- but if it isn't possible, then maybe a future Lucy, after writing the journal, went back in time to the present day (actually, to some point before the Hindenburg mission) and gave it to Flynn.

On 12/13/2016 at 3:26 PM, Ripley68 said:

After watching the Rittenhouse episode....couldn't another team be sent back -once the machines are back-to fix the mistakes team RuLuWy make?  They can't go back to a time they are already in, but that doesn't mean someone else can't go and fix it?  It could add a whole other season on,.  New team goes back, interacts with RuLuWy and Flynn and so we'd still have main cast, but they would be totally flummoxed by these new people and have to figure out how to get what needs to happen, happen (the ropes drag through the water, Booth kills Lincoln, Alamo guy writes letter, etc.). Especially since last night episode, A LOT of things got changed.  Rittenhouse, Arnold and Cornwallis killed, Rufus potentially starting a slave revolt, these have to have repercussion down the road.

They solved that easily. Only ONE person can pilot the machine. He was already there.

23 minutes ago, wilnil said:

Anthony himself is from the future and first built a time machine to get to our present.

But then how can he keep returning to our present after each mission to the past?  Seems like they are just playing fast and loose with their rules, which doesn't really bother me that much.

I just had a thought...
Wyatt is - unknowingly - also a Rittenhouse member (if not also a legacy) and he & Lucy are being manipulated to be together.  To produce "pureblood" 'Rittenhouse' offspring.

Don't want to get too involved in writing out my thought process - surely wrong and pure overly speculative - but would offer one explanation as to the reason why Rittenhouse murdered Jessica and also Wyatt's (& Lucy's) selection as a team member.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2

I don't think killing Wyatt's beloved wife and making him feeling an enormous guilt towards how his fight with Jessica ended, thus making him even more traumatized than he already was from whatever stuff he did in the Seals is a way to ensure Wyatt and Lucy get together. I mean, I know from popular culture that women love stoic men with big tragic eyes full of suffering (DUH!) but if this was Rittenhouse's plan all along, its matchmaking of Lucy and Wyatt is... unorthodox.

• Love 1

Emma appears to be around 40 now. She looked much younger in the video footage that Jiya viewed, so she obviously aged normally during the ten years she lived in the past. The same thing may have happened to Anthony. I think he was a young pilot, perhaps one of the original pilots, who for reasons spent 20 years or so in the past before being brought back to his original time. Even though he looks much older Anthony was probably born in the same decade as the current team of time travelers.

With Flynn I think maybe they are just going with him being in his early 40s and even though GV if well over 50. I noticed in recent episodes they are putting a lot of effort into making GV look younger with rejuvenating cosmetics and careful lighting.

23 minutes ago, orza said:

Emma appears to be around 40 now. She looked much younger in the video footage that Jiya viewed, so she obviously aged normally during the ten years she lived in the past. The same thing may have happened to Anthony. I think he was a young pilot, perhaps one of the original pilots, who for reasons spent 20 years or so in the past before being brought back to his original time. Even though he looks much older Anthony was probably born in the same decade as the current team of time travelers.

With Flynn I think maybe they are just going with him being in his early 40s and even though GV if well over 50. I noticed in recent episodes they are putting a lot of effort into making GV look younger with rejuvenating cosmetics and careful lighting.

Ouch.  Goran Visnjic is only 44.

Flynn's wife was born sometime in 1976. I figure that Flynn's wife is somewhere around the same age.

If the show was smart, they'd say Anthony got stranded for 20 years. It would actually serve as a damn good motive for Anthony to flip. But I think the show writers just don't care enough to think about this stuff.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, JackONeill said:

Will we see Wyatt again??? 

If you click on the thread for next week's episode, he's in the promo.

Not to mention Matt Lanter is a co-lead of the show... he might sit out a mission or two, but I don't think Wyatt's going to disappear.

9 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

If you click on the thread for next week's episode, he's in the promo.

Not to mention Matt Lanter is a co-lead of the show... he might sit out a mission or two, but I don't think Wyatt's going to disappear.

In a description I read for the next episode, it refers to Lucy, Rufus and a "new" soldier going back to meet Hemingway. 

And, yes, I am aware that Lanter is co-lead (and I wish him no ill). I am also aware the show is in trouble, and TPTB introduced the possibility of replacing Wyatt five or six shows ago. I am also aware that a number of people have singelled out Wyatt's inability to complete his mission. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JackONeill said:

In a description I read for the next episode, it refers to Lucy, Rufus and a "new" soldier going back to meet Hemingway. 

And, yes, I am aware that Lanter is co-lead (and I wish him no ill). I am also aware the show is in trouble, and TPTB introduced the possibility of replacing Wyatt five or six shows ago. I am also aware that a number of people have singelled out Wyatt's inability to complete his mission. 

Replying in the actual Spoilers thread, because I've been Instagram stalking...

Pure speculation, but I was wondering if maybe Wyatt redeems himself by fixing a mistake made by Lucy, Rufus, and Wyatt 2.0? Might be kind of cool if they messed up something bad, and Jiya and Wyatt had the chance of a do-over (since the first three couldn't go back and re-cross themselves). Of course, that would probably have to end in Jiya's death or something, since they'd have to come up with a reason why they couldn't do that all the time.

Or maybe Wyatt 2.0 will die, but I'd like to see Orginal Wyatt get a redemption moment.

19 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Pure speculation, but I was wondering if maybe Wyatt redeems himself by fixing a mistake made by Lucy, Rufus, and Wyatt 2.0? Might be kind of cool if they messed up something bad, and Jiya and Wyatt had the chance of a do-over (since the first three couldn't go back and re-cross themselves). Of course, that would probably have to end in Jiya's death or something, since they'd have to come up with a reason why they couldn't do that all the time.

Or maybe Wyatt 2.0 will die, but I'd like to see Orginal Wyatt get a redemption moment.

Are you speculating based on knowledge gained from having already watched the newest eppy tonight?  Because excuse my ignorance, but I don't think I quite follow where you're going with this, especially the 2.0 stuff.

ETA:  By 'Wyatt 2.0', do you mean the new soldier/'bodyguard' with Lucy & Rufus?  If so, then I follow you.  And I could see that as a possibility.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Good call about Wyatt 2.0 dying!

21 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

By 'Wyatt 2.0', do you mean the new soldier/'bodyguard' with Lucy & Rufus?  If so, then I follow you.  And I could see that as a possibility.

Yes, I did mean Wyatt's replacement.

I was not expecting him to die in half an episode, though!

Bland-guy-what's-his-name with the wife

This sums up my opinion of Wyatt so well. He has the personality of a mayonnaise sandwich. And hey if that's your thing......

So yeah IDC if Lucy(who isn't much better than Mayo herself) and Wyatt get together or not.  I find Rufus, Flynn and even Jiya to be way more interesting than either of the two of them.

• Love 1

I think the journal has to be a carefully constructed trap to capture Flynn. I think there is an alternate reality Lucy who is pro Rittenhouse, but she pretends not to be, to gain Flynn's confidence before giving him the journal. If the future Lucy who gave Flynn the journal, is a "good" Lucy, she would have known Emma was a traitor. Yet, there is not one word about it in the journal. She would have also known Flynn would be arrested. Again, no word about it in the journal.  I think the whole journal is a Rittenhouse plant. Perhaps there are many alternate realities for these characters, but the one constant is that in every reality, Flynn and Lucy working together is instrumental in bringing Rittenhouse down. They've tried to kill him, and it didn't work. So the only way to get to him is to build his trust Lucy to the point that he believes the journal is the key to everything. When in reality, every time he goes back to the past, it's because the journal says that is where they went. He is following the steps Rittenhouse lays out, like a mouse in a maze. I do think that now that he's had time to sit in prison and think about it, he'll realize the whole thing was a set up. Now that Lucy has the journal, I think she will read it and realize it, too. The problem is, that trust that was between them is now destroyed(which again, is exactly what Rittenhouse wants). For whatever reason, Flynn and Lucy working together, or Flynn working with the Time Team, is the only way to bring Rittenhouse down. I sometimes wonder if it wasn't Flynn going back in the past, (once they are able to travel back to their own time) who saves Lucy when her car goes off the road. It would certainly explain the insta-connection Lucy and Flynn have, and the reason he trusts her when he doesn't trust anyone else.

Since they've made it the biggest myth plot-arc of the season - and I feel utterly certain we're going to see her this season, since the Lyatt is officially underway -  I'm going with the spec that Wyatt's wife (Jessica) will turn out to have been a Rittenhouse 'sleeper agent' plant.

It will have turned out very similar to what happened to the SA put in place at Darlington, having fallen for someone while waiting for the time to enact the given mission.  Also speculating that she didn't really die, and the guy who "killed" her is another SA, one designed to take the fall for 'Jessica's' death, so she can keep on-mission under a different assumed identity while the original persona is believed deceased.

• Love 1

It's extremely lazy writing to make the ex evil, imo.  (If that does turn out to be the case, I'm gonna start thinking that every other spouse in the freaking USA is a Rittenhouse agent.)  And to that point, how unbelievably coincidental is it that her husband would then be the one lucky grunt assigned to the Time Team?  Why can't Jessica simply be a sweet girl that Wyatt fell in love with and married?  If the writers are so dead set on making Lyatt canon, I hope they don't take the easy way out in making Jessica the villain.  If they really want me to believe this relationship is now Wyatt's shiny new future, it would feel way more earned and sincere if he had to face his all-American, girl next door wife (the admitted love of his life some, what, 2-3 months ago in canon?) and tell her he's not the man he used to be anymore.  Making her Rittenhouse would be the cowards way out and a cheap, convenient excuse for Wyatt to drop the relationship like a bad habit.

Edited by Lieutenant
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Lieutenant said:

Making her Rittenhouse would be the cowards way out and a cheap, convenient excuse for Wyatt to drop the relationship like a bad habit.

Or it could be both, as @iRarelyWatchTV36 said, that Jessica was Rittenhouse and fell in love with Wyatt anyway. How he would deal with her love and the betrayal so great? That's an interesting question.

3 hours ago, Lieutenant said:

And to that point, how unbelievably coincidental is it that her husband would then be the one lucky grunt assigned to the Time Team? 

The same way Lucy is Rittenhouse royalty and not somehow any security risk to either Rittenhouse of HSI whatsoever. The answer is "Main Character".

• Love 2
21 hours ago, CooperTV said:

Or it could be both, as @iRarelyWatchTV36 said, that Jessica was Rittenhouse and fell in love with Wyatt anyway. How he would deal with her love and the betrayal so great? That's an interesting question.

The same way Lucy is Rittenhouse royalty and not somehow any security risk to either Rittenhouse of HSI whatsoever. The answer is "Main Character".

Oh, I don't know. Emma seems to think that Lucy is both Rittenhouse royalty and a HUGE security risk to Rittenhouse.  That's why she's so pissed that Carol wouldn't let her kill Lucy in 1918.

I know I am asking a lot, but please Show, don't let the Lucy-Wyatt-Jessica triangle overshadow everything too terribly much, before Jessica dies again (or for the first time).  While her presence may help move along the mytharc plot a little bit, I don't think its too much of a stretch to imagine the main reason for Jessica's presence is just to create Lyatt ship-interruption or ship-stalling drama.

Here's to hoping they keep it as minimalistic as possible and keep entertaining us with the time-travel shenanigans and #TeamLifeboat interactions.

• Love 2

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but there has been a lot of discussion about why they brought Granddaddy Rittenhouse back.  I wonder if it was part of his manifesto or something that stated if he dies before time travel is possible, they are to go back for him.  Or something.  Not that he would know he was going to die on that battlefield and not an old man, but it makes about as much sense as anything Rittenhouse has done.

Now that the show is officially cancelled:

On 12/7/2016 at 6:49 PM, Eneya said:

So... let us clear some stuff out.
1. Lucy is born to a member of Rittenhouse... or somebody working FOR them. If it is the latter, it explains why she is not roped in to work with/for them (I am sceptical to the idea that just because her mother wanted nothing to do with that dude, they'd have left her be, if progeny was that important). He is a professor. Of? Anybody remembers?

2. Flynn has a diary written by Lucy. Maybe. Which maybe be specially written or manipulative in order to confuse somebody. Maybe Flynn... maybe somebody else. What if that diary was written by an alternative Lucy, who IS/WAS/WILL BE/WHATEVER working for Rittenhouse? Maybe she was the Lucy who got the fiance and never had a sister? Oh, I think the sister was mentioned as being part of the diary? I don't recall.

3. Rufus... he is interesting and I believe, he is the story most important character. I predict his untimely death or getting stuck in the past or having his family disappeared. Something. :)

On 12/11/2016 at 1:17 PM, Ceindreadh said:

My guess is that 'Wucy' will become a thing on one of their trips.  And said trip will have them return to find that Wyatt's wife is alive in that timeline. Because of course it's not going to be straightforward!

Congratulations on these.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:47 PM, Lieutenant said:

It's extremely lazy writing to make the ex evil, imo.  (If that does turn out to be the case, I'm gonna start thinking that every other spouse in the freaking USA is a Rittenhouse agent.)  And to that point, how unbelievably coincidental is it that her husband would then be the one lucky grunt assigned to the Time Team?  Why can't Jessica simply be a sweet girl that Wyatt fell in love with and married?  If the writers are so dead set on making Lyatt canon, I hope they don't take the easy way out in making Jessica the villain.  If they really want me to believe this relationship is now Wyatt's shiny new future, it would feel way more earned and sincere if he had to face his all-American, girl next door wife (the admitted love of his life some, what, 2-3 months ago in canon?) and tell her he's not the man he used to be anymore.  Making her Rittenhouse would be the cowards way out and a cheap, convenient excuse for Wyatt to drop the relationship like a bad habit.

Unfortunately they did take the coward's way out.   Unless there were plans to redeem Jessica in season three, it feels like a cheap stall of Lyatt.

On 2/7/2018 at 9:39 AM, IWantCandy71 said:

I think the journal has to be a carefully constructed trap to capture Flynn. I think there is an alternate reality Lucy who is pro Rittenhouse, but she pretends not to be, to gain Flynn's confidence before giving him the journal. If the future Lucy who gave Flynn the journal, is a "good" Lucy, she would have known Emma was a traitor. Yet, there is not one word about it in the journal. She would have also known Flynn would be arrested. Again, no word about it in the journal.  I think the whole journal is a Rittenhouse plant.

I would really like to now the answer to this, if they get a movie after all.

• Love 1