Type keyword(s) to search

Michonne: A Weapon with a Weapon

• Start Topic

I was kind of ambivalent on Michonne during season 3, but it was clear during this past season that she felt loved and welcome within the prison community even though she still was lone-wolfing it from time to time looking for The Governor.  Hell, she even grew close enough to Daryl that he could give her fleas.

• Love 1

I like her as a maternal figure to Carl (she is a much better mother than Lori ever was) and hope to see the dynamic between them develop. I also hope to see Michonne and Rick become romantic at some point. Danai Gurira is a gorgeous woman so I want to see her smile more and be happy.

• Love 2

I like her as a maternal figure to Carl (she is a much better mother than Lori ever was) and hope to see the dynamic between them develop.

Danai Gurira is a gorgeous woman so I want to see her smile more and be happy.

With you 100% on these.

I also hope to see Michonne and Rick become romantic at some point.

...huh. I never even considered that. I guess it could work. They're both in a post-grief-trying-to-be-badass phase, so that could be a reasonable way to move on from there.

I thought Michonne was a totally useless character until the past few episodes, because she had no personality and only one facial expression. I must have missed it during my marathon watching, but what was the catalyst for her change? I noticed it when she visited her old home, but I imagine seeing it would have been sad or bittersweet. Was it that or something else?

I thought Michonne was a totally useless character until the past few episodes, because she had no personality and only one facial expression. I must have missed it during my marathon watching, but what was the catalyst for her change? I noticed it when she visited her old home, but I imagine seeing it would have been sad or bittersweet. Was it that or something else?

She did not visit her old home, which appeared to be an apartment/condo. She was in other people's houses with Carl. I love the actress, but the character is like pulling teeth; at this rate she might agree to play monopoly with Rick by season 6. She needs to progress a little faster if she is going to develop at all.

http://cdn.thewalkingmemes.com/2013/12/6/thewalkingmemes.com_976_1389038845.jpg

• Love 3

I vote we change the name of this thread to Michonne: A weapon with a weapon. 

I think the catalyst for Michonne's change was being officially welcomed into camp prison, especially by Carl. Having lost her son, I think being around him softened her. 

• Love 6

I thought Michonne was a totally useless character until the past few episodes, because she had no personality and only one facial expression. I must have missed it during my marathon watching, but what was the catalyst for her change?

I have to disagree with "useless" and also "until the past few episodes" but I do agree that they sure did take their sweet time giving Michonne a personality. I also agree with ghoulina in that I credit her affection for Carl as the predominant factor that compelled her to finally loosen up a little.

Didn't see anyone comment on this in the episode thread... did anybody else catch the little blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment toward the end, when Rick was talking about going "somewhere far away from there?" Off in the background, Carl and His Hat were holding Little Ass Kicker, and Michonne was over there with a big ole smile on her face, trying to get Judith to play with her hair. I believe the kids these days would call that "totes adorbs."

• Love 5

My feeling of what they were trying to do with Michonne until well into season 4 was to show someone who had completely shut down and walled off all her emotions to be just be a lethal shell with a katana.  It made sense from a storytelling standpoint once they filled in a bit of her backstory about getting really good with a sword as the ZA happened and then losing her child because his father was high when their camp was overrun, but up to that point she did tend to come across as very flat and tiringly one dimensional.

The scene in After after the prison falls where she's meandering along with her newest pets and notices the walker who looks a lot like her trudging along without any sort of purpose seemed to break something open in her.  After that she decided to track Rick and Carl and made the choice to really let Carl in.  I love their relationship and now would like to see her connect more with the other adults.  She does well with Rick and Daryl but I was really struck by the shot in this last episode of her standing side by side with Carol smiling at the newly reunited Grimes family.  They're both mothers who lost their children to the apocalypse and hardened as a result, so they might really have a lot to talk about.

Edited by nodorothyparker
  • Love 6

Yes, Michonne is a character who is best understood in context of the entire show up until this point. I totally get her now that I know her backstory, but during most of season three, I was like - "Enough already! Get that glower off your face and come to life!" She drove me nuts. She did soften quite a bit at the end and beginning of season 4, but then losing everyone again sent her right back to her little bubble (although, I still don't understand how she, Rick, and Carl got separated that badly in "Too Far Gone", but that's another issue). 

I do agree that it would be nice to see her bonding with some of the others, especially Carol. That common grief could really forge a strong bond. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 5

I have a hard time understanding the criticism of Michonne and the desire for her to be Carl's 'mother', especially in light of episode 5.1.  So many people are singing the praises of 'Badass' Carol from the rooftops and no one is mentioning that they've made the character a lot like Michonne.  Without Michonne wit, style or humanity of course. It seems a lof of people are very uncomfortable with Michonne and I have a pretty good idea why.

I'm ride or die Michonne and I don't want her to 'soften' up in the slightest.  Michonne is a warrior, plain and simple.  Like Carol, she lost a child under horrific circumstances but instead of taking the weak victim route, Michonne decided to become strong.  Michonne 'softer' side has always been there, from her care for Andrea at the very beginning. 

In my opinion, getting with Rick is a worst case scenario for Michonne.  Rick is still in mourning for his wife and is a full-time daddy.  He doesn't have time for romance.  My hope is for Michonne and Daryl to get together.  I think they would be good together and make interesting tv.  The redneck and the Buppie in the ZA!

• Love 2

(although, I still don't understand how she, Rick, and Carl got separated that badly in "Too Far Gone", but that's another issue). 

Exactly! She saves Rick by running her katana through the Gov....and then he gets up and walks away to find Carl and she just walks off in another direction?

The reason of course is that the show needed Rick and Carl alone to have the Father/Son Flipout, and needed Michonne to have her visual Moment Of Self-Awareness Leading From Denial, to Bargaining to Grief to Acceptance and the "meet cute" moment at the door.

So why didn't they just have Rick deal with the Gov. or someone else save him or even just a few Rick to Michonne words planning to leave but getting separated in the smoke and anarchy?

But hell, I still haven't figured out what she meant by saying of Mike and his friend "They weren't human to begin with". They seemed very close in her flashback/dream, and then she talks "to Mike" in the bbq restaurant. WTF did she mean, they weren't human to begin with? Getting high at camp was stupid or careless but it isn't inhuman like the the people at Terminus.

• Love 3
Michonne 'softer' side has always been there, from her care for Andrea at the very beginning

I agree with this. She took care of Andrea, was going to take care of a bound and chained Penny, until she learned the truth.  And when she saw Merle nab Glenn and Maggie, she was thoughtful enough to grab the formula because she figured there was a baby waiting for it.  She's ALWAYS been caring.  But during her season long introduction she was antagonized by the Governor, betrayed by Andrea, pursued by Merle and really treated poorly by Rick (at the full height of his psychosis).  She had no reason to be Little Mary Sunshine through any of that.  She gave what she got.  That said, her turning point was when she heard Rick and Carl discuss her pending fate and Rick tell Carl that she was only there because they have common interests.  It was like then that she decided that 1) this was a group of decent people and Mr. Grumpy is only doing the best he can for his children, and 2) she was going to prove her worth to them to get them to let her stay.  "Clear" was the change.

I disagree that Rick is a worst case scenario for Michonne.  Regardless of where he is in his mourning for Lori, people need love and comfort.  It is a human need, not a state of mind.  Rick, since Shane's death, has been a very lonely person, he is very sensitive and keeps things close to the chest but his natural alpha tendencies inspire people to always ask him to lead.  He is always taking care of other people but nobody is EVER taking care of him.  Lori didn't.  The group doesn't.  Herschel didn't. Carl and Judith CAN'T.  But Michonne does.  She watches him closely and gauges his moods.  She lets him off the hook and lets him get some rest sometime.  He needs that.  She'll also understand his pain when he is ready to share it with her.  She is good for him.  He on the other hand shares her morals and priorities (protect the child with your dying breath), he is strong and cares about people, and he respects strength in others and is very secure (is not threatened by her sword wielding badassery).  As a mate, he is loyal, gentle and protective (Lori didn't deserve it but she got it.)  He'd be good for Michonne.  

• Love 9
Michonne 'softer' side has always been there, from her care for Andrea at the very beginning

I agree with this. She took care of Andrea, was going to take care of a bound and chained Penny, until she learned the truth.  And when she saw Merle nab Glenn and Maggie, she was thoughtful enough to grab the formula because she figured there was a baby waiting for it.  She's ALWAYS been caring.  But during her season long introduction she was antagonized by the Governor, betrayed by Andrea, pursued by Merle and really treated poorly by Rick (at the full height of his psychosis).  She had no reason to be Little Mary Sunshine through any of that.  She gave what she got.  That said, her turning point was when she heard Rick and Carl discuss her pending fate and Rick tell Carl that she was only there because they have common interests.  It was like then that she decided that 1) this was a group of decent people and Mr. Grumpy is only doing the best he can for his children, and 2) she was going to prove her worth to them to get them to let her stay.  "Clear" was the change.

I disagree that Rick is a worst case scenario for Michonne.  Regardless of where he is in his mourning for Lori, people need love and comfort.  It is a human need, not a state of mind.  Rick, since Shane's death, has been a very lonely person, he is very sensitive and keeps things close to the chest but his natural alpha tendencies inspire people to always ask him to lead.  He is always taking care of other people but nobody is EVER taking care of him.  Lori didn't.  The group doesn't.  Herschel didn't. Carl and Judith CAN'T.  But Michonne does.  She watches him closely and gauges his moods.  She lets him off the hook and lets him get some rest sometime.  He needs that.  She'll also understand his pain when he is ready to share it with her.  She is good for him.  He on the other hand shares her morals and priorities (protect the child with your dying breath), he is strong and cares about people, and he respects strength in others and is very secure (is not threatened by her sword wielding badassery).  As a mate, he is loyal, gentle and protective (Lori didn't deserve it but she got it.)  He'd be good for Michonne.  

Well, when you put it like that...

• Love 3
But hell, I still haven't figured out what she meant by saying of Mike and his friend "They weren't human to begin with". They seemed very close in her flashback/dream, and then she talks "to Mike" in the bbq restaurant. WTF did she mean, they weren't human to begin with? Getting high at camp was stupid or careless but it isn't inhuman like the the people at Terminus.

I think she said that when she was still in a state of anger and hadn't allowed herself to fully grieve yet. Being so pissed at them, for letting her son die, she decided they must not have been "human" in the first place. Later she probably realized that while what they did was not cool, it wasn't intentional and they weren't horrible people, and she was finally able to let that anger go. Just my thoughts....

• Love 4

I vote we change the name of this thread to Michonne: A weapon with a weapon. 

I think the catalyst for Michonne's change was being officially welcomed into camp prison, especially by Carl. Having lost her son, I think being around him softened her. 

I agree with changing the title to "Michonne: A weapon with a weapon." Or at the very least "Michonne: A sword and one facial expression"—she scowls ("back off!") rather than sneers (which implies contempt). Even "Michonne: The chick with the sword" is better than "sneer."

• Love 1

Once again, looked for the answer first before posting, but probably just missed it.  A question for all the fans that are sharper than I am; what is Michonne's last name?  Does she not have one?  Seems every other character on the show has a last name, but I can't even hers by googling it.  Is it because she's just too bad-ass for a last name, is that it?  There's gotta be a comic book fan here with a good memory.  Anyone?

I've never heard it mentioned, but I could say the same for a lot of the others. Tyrese and Sasha? Have we ever heard their last names? I know Glenn's last name is Rhee, but that's only because I saw it online somewhere. I don't recall ever hearing it mentioned on the show. 

• Love 1

She sort of broke my heart in the premiere. When she was watching Rick reunite with Judith, you could tell it was bittersweet for her. On one hand she was happy to see people she cared about get a miracle of sorts. On the other hand, she was clearly thinking about her own lost child, as was Carol. I would really love to see a strong friendship form between the two of them:  neither woman was a fighter before the ZA, they were both forced into the 'warrior woman' role, and they've both lost their only children along the way. I think they could be good for each other. 

• Love 1

I have to admit I was a bit pissed when Michonne said she didn't miss her sword.  Michonne's sword is iconic and it's obvious she misses it.  When she went after a walker and reached for her katana and realized it was gone, a look came over her face of amusement and irritation.  I know she's going to get it back because I've seen it in the trailer but I'd rather it happened sooner rather than later.

It was nice to hear her talk about missing Andrea and Hershel.  Nobody else has spoken about missing the people they've lost, so I'm glad someone did.

I want more Michonne.  There hasn't been enough of her yet.

• Love 5

I took it to mean that she meant she didn't miss what the sword symbolized. The constant fighting, the time she was alone, the time when she felt she was a "monster." I think she definitely misses the sword itself and its usefulness.

• Love 4

Danai was on 'Live with Kelly and Michael' yesterday and, as usual, she was fantastic.  Beautiful. smart, funny, beautiful.  She gave them a sword lesson and I think Michael was a bit smitten.  She's probably in town because her play is opening at Yale Repertory Theatre soon. Tptb at TWD probably wanted to make sure that we all remembered that Danai was on the show.  It was also a reminder that Danai is probably the most accomplished cast member on TWD.  She's an award-winning playwright and an accomplished actor with a pretty impressive resume.  She and Chad were in Two Trains Running on Broadway.  I read somewhere that Lupita Nyong'o wanted to produce one of Danai's plays for her Broadway debut and was looking into purchasing the film rights.  I hope Kirkman and Gimple realize what they have in Danai and don't waste such talent.

• Love 7

I have a hard time understanding the criticism of Michonne

Mine was based on her having only one facial expression, and I'd also said "useless character," by which I meant she didn't have any discernable personality to me, but of course she was extremely useful in terms of skills in the ZA. She's still not my favorite character, but at least she has one now! All JMO, of course.

Also - major shout-out to Timetoread's post. You make quite a case for Rick and Michonne's relationship!

I have to admit I was a bit pissed when Michonne said she didn't miss her sword.  Michonne's sword is iconic and it's obvious she misses it.  When she went after a walker and reached for her katana and realized it was gone, a look came over her face of amusement and irritation.  I know she's going to get it back because I've seen it in the trailer but I'd rather it happened sooner rather than later.

What I didn't like, was that she phrased it something like - "I don't miss anything before".  I don't think Michonne would say that, because Andre was "before".  It kind of bothered me, but I've learned to hold this type of thing against the writers, versus the character.

• Love 2

Exactly. It was an irksome scene. First of all yeah right on the katana. And then I was like, hello, your son??? It was eye roll inducing for sure. I guess the point was to say she's so happy now? I dunno, it was awkward.

I commented on what she said just upthread, but I think her "before" indicates post-ZA but before the current time. I think she's happy to be back with her group, her family. Sure she misses everything before the ZA, but I don't think that's what she was referring to.

• Love 5

That's how I saw it as well Mandolin - I thought she meant "before" the fall of the prison, but not before the turn. Even though Michonne improved by leaps and bounds upon joining Rick's group, she was still a bit closed off before the fall - hence her always running off to look for the Governor. Once she realized that Rick and Carl were her family and she never wanted to be in that closed off place again, she finally let that part of herself go. 

• Love 2

What I didn't like, was that she phrased it something like - "I don't miss anything before".  I don't think Michonne would say that, because Andre was "before".  It kind of bothered me, but I've learned to hold this type of thing against the writers, versus the character.

The part I didn't get was when she was at the BBQ restaurant alone, and she talks to Mike and she says:

"I miss you Mike. I missed you when you were still here."

Huh?

The part I didn't get was when she was at the BBQ restaurant alone, and she talks to Mike and she says:

"I miss you Mike. I missed you when you were still here."

Huh?

I thought she was referring to the time when they were in the camp.  If he was just sitting around getting high all the time then he was probably different from the man she fell in love and had a baby with.  So she missed the Mike she knew and loved even though 'Mike' was still there.

Just my opinion.

Exactly. It was an irksome scene. First of all yeah right on the katana. And then I was like, hello, your son??? It was eye roll inducing for sure. I guess the point was to say she's so happy now? I dunno, it was awkward.

They're trying so hard to make Michonne so 'light hearted' and 'family oriented' that she's becoming unrecognizable.  In the comics, Michonne remains a warrior no matter what.  On the TV show, they're making it appear that all Michonne needed was to hook up with the Grimes family and presto!!!!!  All problems solved!!!!

• Love 3

Isn't Michonne having her Katana taken away a bit symbolic like Samson having his hair cut?

There are still other weapons, but katana gone--Michonne as warrior woman gone.

Now she's one of the non-intimidating females. There was an article that said Glenn was feminized...the other men didn't consider him in the Man Group, he brings them peaches (Sit down Dr. Freud you'll get your turn!) and does shopping errands in town. Maggie wears the pants in that relationship; therefore Glenn would never be considered leader. Rick lets Merle come back, making Glenn lose points in front of Maggie (regardless of Merle's possible value to the group, or Daryl's love/hate relationship with his brother...do you think if Lori had been the one kidnapped by Merle and molested at Woodbury, that Rick would let him back? Glenn couldn't keep another man's hands off his woman and even worse-- she got over it faster than he did! )

Michonne is the one Rick said (to Carl) is like him; that she and Rick had a lot in common, a lot of the same concerns.

He doesn't ask her anything except the right-here-and-now stuff.

Michonne and Rick spent more time together, on runs, at the prison, dividing duties...even before she found them at the house.

And nothing, just nothing...he talks to her the same way he would talk to Herschel or Bob.

She gives him a razor with the suggestion to remove his beard; he ignores this wish and throws it into the weeds. (Funny that there has been no acknowledgement from her that he obviously wasn't going to do what she wanted him to do.)

After she loses the katana, now he's interested in her feelings, her thoughts, her past.

Daryl and Beth hardly hung out together at the farm, at the prison, he mocks the lovey-dovey "romance novel" stuff with Zach, she awkwardly hugs him once and he is frozen and doesn't reciprocate...and they still had more flirty play than Rick or Michonne! In a few days on the road!

Michonne and Rick may be slated to begin a relationship...but that can't happen until her scary testosterone level gets lower than Rick's.

Rick doesn't want to be the girl in the relationship, he doesn't want to be the Glenn. Michonne must have her long hard scary accessory subtracted.

• Love 1

Isn't Michonne having her Katana taken away a bit symbolic like Samson having his hair cut?

I don't see the comparison because post hair Samson lost his strength. Post katana Michonne is still a BAMF zombie killer.

Now she's one of the non-intimidating females.

I haven't see any of this.

Michonne and Rick may be slated to begin a relationship...but that can't happen until her scary testosterone level gets lower than Rick's.

I hope not but it will be triple worse if Michonne has to give up or lower her BAness so Rick doesn't look like a girl.

• Love 3

I hope not but it will be triple worse if Michonne has to give up or lower her BAness so Rick doesn't look like a girl.

Ugh yeah this would not be good.  I am hoping she gets the katana back soon.  I think Rick and Michonne would be a pretty bad ass couple.  They don't have to have cute flirty talk, they just seem to connect well.  I don't know if the show writers can handle that though, but I will not be happy if they tone down Michonne's bad assery.  The problem right now is too many people and not enough lines to go around.

• Love 2

Now she's one of the non-intimidating females. There was an article that said Glenn was feminized...the other men didn't consider him in the Man Group, he brings them peaches (Sit down Dr. Freud you'll get your turn!) and does shopping errands in town. Maggie wears the pants in that relationship; therefore Glenn would never be considered leader. Rick lets Merle come back, making Glenn lose points in front of Maggie (regardless of Merle's possible value to the group, or Daryl's love/hate relationship with his brother...do you think if Lori had been the one kidnapped by Merle and molested at Woodbury, that Rick would let him back? Glenn couldn't keep another man's hands off his woman and even worse-- she got over it faster than he did! )

Michonne is the one Rick said (to Carl) is like him; that she and Rick had a lot in common, a lot of the same concerns.

He doesn't ask her anything except the right-here-and-now stuff.

Michonne and Rick spent more time together, on runs, at the prison, dividing duties...even before she found them at the house.

And nothing, just nothing...he talks to her the same way he would talk to Herschel or Bob.

She gives him a razor with the suggestion to remove his beard; he ignores this wish and throws it into the weeds. (Funny that there has been no acknowledgement from her that he obviously wasn't going to do what she wanted him to do.)

After she loses the katana, now he's interested in her feelings, her thoughts, her past.

Daryl and Beth hardly hung out together at the farm, at the prison, he mocks the lovey-dovey "romance novel" stuff with Zach, she awkwardly hugs him once and he is frozen and doesn't reciprocate...and they still had more flirty play than Rick or Michonne! In a few days on the road!

Rick doesn't want to be the girl in the relationship, he doesn't want to be the Glenn. Michonne must have her long hard scary accessory subtracted.

Wow!!  Awesome comment!

And you're probably right.  They're trying to make Michonne 'fuckable' so they think they have to make her less intimidating.  The truth is, most of the men I know think the scarier Michonne is, the sexier she is!!! 

• Love 1

I dunno. I thought Rick kind of dug the fact that with Michonne, here is a capable woman, an EQUAL, rather than someone like Lori, who always needed protecting/rescuing. He admires Michonne on so many levels. I wouldn't have said that regarding his relationship with Lori.

Pretty sure Rick isn't intimidated by her katana wielding skills. He asked her how she got so good at it (dumb question, but still. ..) I saw that as him admiring said skills.

• Love 4

I think she said that when she was still in a state of anger and hadn't allowed herself to fully grieve yet. Being so pissed at them, for letting her son die, she decided they must not have been "human" in the first place. Later she probably realized that while what they did was not cool, it wasn't intentional and they weren't horrible people, and she was finally able to let that anger go. Just my thoughts....

I always figured it was one of two things.  That either they were high and weren't watching him and he got attacked or that they decided it wasn't a place fit to live in anymore so they gave him a merciful death and then got high and waited to become zombie chow.

That whole situation is still fuzzy to me.  It sounds like the camp was completely over run when she got back from her run.  She told Carl she "could have stopped it, but didn't and let them turn".  They were already bit at that point.  How did she know they were high too?  It all seems sketchy and when The Gov'nuh told her and Andrea that everyone turns no matter what I thought the look of shock was so not just because of the news.  I've always half expected for her to go off to make sure her son isn't a baby zombie wondering around.

I miss Michonne in these first episodes of this season.  I really hope they don't think she has to be some fragile little thing, and I sure as hell hope she doesn't hook up with Rick.  Oh I so would love to see her with Morgan though.  I think they would be the baddest ass couple ever.  They would need to woobie-fy her way to much to be with Rick.  Men that like women like Lori have a type, and God knows Michonne is no Lori (thank God).

• Love 4

I would like to see Michonne and Morgan, they both lost their significan other, and their sons, they both suffered some cynicism about being around other people again. Even when Rick went to Crazytown he didn't stop checking in on others. M&M have solo-ed.

Plus, persistant rumors that Morales is coming--would he have his family with him? It would be nice for Carl to finally have a couple kids his own age in the group... and girls might be cute.(Please TPTB can you allow one or two age 10-14 year old girls to live more than 6 months?!?!?)

If Michonne and Morgan got together, would they set up a separate unit---as people have theorized that all characters will not go to D.C. You need tough fighters for the road trip, but you need equally strong people if some stay behind.

Or a lot of characters need to be killed off quick...because I would guess that DC has a lot more people around than Podunk, Georgia.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 3

I notice a lot of you (very rightly) have pointed out that Rick respects Michonne. Rick considers her an equal. Rick admires her. All true.

I meant that there is often a big gulf--for men---between admire and desire.

Women often want to sleep with a man who is intelligent, equal, respectable. Men sometimes can't put that together with a woman they would have sex with.

• Love 4

I always figured it was one of two things.  That either they were high and weren't watching him and he got attacked or that they decided it wasn't a place fit to live in anymore so they gave him a merciful death and then got high and waited to become zombie chow.

That whole situation is still fuzzy to me.  It sounds like the camp was completely over run when she got back from her run.  She told Carl she "could have stopped it, but didn't and let them turn".  They were already bit at that point.  How did she know they were high too?  It all seems sketchy and when The Gov'nuh told her and Andrea that everyone turns no matter what I thought the look of shock was so not just because of the news.  I've always half expected for her to go off to make sure her son isn't a baby zombie wondering around.

I miss Michonne in these first episodes of this season.  I really hope they don't think she has to be some fragile little thing, and I sure as hell hope she doesn't hook up with Rick.  Oh I so would love to see her with Morgan though.  I think they would be the baddest ass couple ever.  They would need to woobie-fy her way to much to be with Rick.  Men that like women like Lori have a type, and God knows Michonne is no Lori (thank God).

I agree with you about Rick and Michonne.  I think Lori is his type and even though Rick has changed so drastically from the man he once was, when he's ready to fall in love again he'll revert back to his type.  I also would love to see Michonne and Morgan get together, not just because the characters would be good together but the chance to see Lennie James and Danai Gurira act together would be heaven.

I had hoped that TV Michonne and Tyreese would follow the comics.  I think Tyreese is a very loving man and from what we saw in his scenes with Karen, has a lot of love to give.  I'd love to see him singing to Michonne.  She'd be able to handle any reluctance he had about killing walkers. 

I would like Michonne to have a lover, if only because I think love and sex are important even in the ZA.  Comic book Michonne had no sexual hang ups and I'd like the writers to give TV Michonne some of that.  I think she and Daryl would make a good couple.  Norman Reedus said he thought that Daryl and Michonne would have good sex.  Both Daryl and Michonne are loyal warriors who aren't into small talk and would do anything for their family.  I think that the time they spent hunting for the Governor and the fact that Michonne was with Merle just before he died is significant.  I also think the fact that Rick, Carl, Michonne and Daryl shared that horrible experience with Joe and the Merletones (tm Kikismom I believe) is a bond that can't be ignored. 

My dream relationship though is Michonne, Daryl and Rick.  Why not?  It's the ZA!

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 3

Interesting. There is a great deal of chemistry between Daryl & Michonne and between Rick & Michonne. But that's probably down to Danai. She'd have chemistry with a tree stump.

Danai is a force of nature.  I met her this summer and she is everything and more!!  I loved the dynamic Michonne and Hershel had in the couple of scenes they had together.  And Michonne and Merle were pretty good too.  Yes, Danai has chemistry with everybody!

• Love 3