Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

Why would Shannon admit on TV that David said it was easier to talk to Mrs. Affair than her. Does he wish to torture her, looks that way?

Some think Shannon should have done this publicly rather then try to salvage her marriage with hurtful passive aggressive David.

383139_122196204564925_113177982133414_1

• Love 3

Whoa.

According to this WWHL preview, David gave his wedding ring to his daughter to give back to Shannon and told her to tell Shannon that he didn't want it anymore. Okay, this family is officially fucked up. I like Shannon on the show, and I even like David on the show, but that is just beyond inappropriate. I really don't understand why Shannon fought for this marriage. David has severe issues. They have real stuff to work on - I mean, really work on, not therapy for reality TV. I think Shannon isn't letting herself see how deeply dysfunctional this all is.

• Love 11

Whoa.

According to this WWHL preview, David gave his wedding ring to his daughter to give back to Shannon and told her to tell Shannon that he didn't want it anymore. Okay, this family is officially fucked up. I like Shannon on the show, and I even like David on the show, but that is just beyond inappropriate. I really don't understand why Shannon fought for this marriage. David has severe issues. They have real stuff to work on - I mean, really work on, not therapy for reality TV. I think Shannon isn't letting herself see how deeply dysfunctional this all is.

Oh goodness. They are the worst. Worst. Couple.Ever. And I swear Shannon relishes reliving that shit. She looks delighted! This just provides more evidence to support my theory that they always have been that game playing couple that hijack trip, party, or event with their drama.

• Love 7

Whoa.

David is extremely spoiled.  Obviously they have real off camera therapy.  The only thing I can think of is the show is the only thing Shannon had that was working for her outside of being a stay at home mom, perhaps the therapist thought it would be a lot for Shannon to give up her new found career for a shot at saving her piece of shit  marriage.   At the core of their marriage there must be something that draws them back together.  They seem to have managed to raise three successful and happy children.  It is beginning to make sense why these kids wanted to see their parents trying to make it work on TV. 

The one high side for kids with parents on a show like this-they get to see how their parents behave when they are not around.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

So, the Affair woman tells Shannon that David was obsessed with her? Does that mean Nicole was thinking it would just be a fling of a few months and the end was wanted by her? She stepped out of her own marriage and family but she wasn't interested and David was? Wow. That's some crazy stuff. Is this how the Affair saves face?

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 7

Whoa.

We now know this happened before/during Shannon's tenure last year. We also know she was rated as the most popular housewife or something like that...

Is it possible that the real reason Shannon decided to go public was because someone else was going to out this story? Did Vicki have anything to do with this? We are hearing Vicki does something unforgivable/betrayal. Bravo is now choosing to air David & Sharon's tell all right after one of the last episodes when that info starts to come out.

The timing is all suspect to me.

Shannon did keep it off the show last year. I think someone forced her hand for season 2. Yes, she could have chosen to not come back. We could make an argument that no HW should be on TV, but they all stay unless fired.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 5

We now know this happened before/during Shannon's tenure last year. We also know she was rated as the most popular housewife or something like that...

Is it possible that the real reason Shannon decided to go public was because someone else was going to out this story? Did Vicki have anything to do with this? We are hearing Vicki does something unforgivable/betrayal. Bravo is now choosing to air David & Sharon's tell all right after one of the last episodes when that info starts to come out.

Shannon did keep it off the show last year. I think someone forced her hand for season 2. Yes, she could have chosen to not come back. We could make an argument that no HW should be on TV, but they all stay unless fired.

I think it is quite possible that Shannon believed this would get out. The shocking part is that it didn't get out prior to her making the announcement. We only have her word that this was her decision and that she did it because she wanted to "help" other couples who might be going through the same thing (clear evidence that she is bat-shit crazy).

I think the thing is that Shannon could have easily told the story and taken us through her journey. If she was afraid that it would come out and wanted to get in front of it, she could have done that. The problem is with the retelling of the very personal stories. Of her allowing the involvement from her children. In the clip above, I think that David looks a bit shocked that Shannon is going to make the revelation that she did. She starts to talk about it and he kind of cuts her off with something like "there were so many hurtful things that happened". Now I don't feel one bit sorry for him, or care that he would be publicly humiliated, but why in the world is she taking us through this? Why does such a personal story - that involves her precious little girl - need to be told on WWHL? I would think that this is not good for the healing of the marriage. She seems to want to humilate him and feel the need to make sure everyone is very aware of just how much she had to suffer. Unstable is the best word I can think of to describe her. I pray for her kids.

• Love 4

David's a jerk but of course everyone just blame Shannon for the awful things he does.

Well, that bitch didn't let him eat chips/salsa and potatoes. She deserved to be gas lighted, cheated on, humiliated. I mean what's a fifteen year marriage with three beautiful daughters compared to snacks?

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 6

I get what you are saying MotorCityMom. I have no idea what the truth is, that's for sure.

I dunno. I think, like I said before, that we can make an argument that no one, unless sort of a wee bit crazy, would want to be on reality TV. I also think it's not good, for the most part, for any children. Thus, why so many truly well heeled, beautiful home HWs do not agree to participate in reality TV.

Look at Theresa G in NJ. Every one on that series is bat sh@t crazy, out there, and their kids are taking the lumps. We see kids with some of the moms living like they are angling to be chosen by Heff to live in the Playboy mansion. The things we see the majority of these HWs kids dragged thru on these shows, would make any of their children embarrassed, humiliated, horrified, damaged, etc. so, isn't it a dumb decision for anyone even in the best of circumstances?

Shannon & David dragged their kids thru their marital turmoil and mud, but would not returning to the show and hiding it from the public be any better? Probably. I just don't know. I've heard so many stories about sadness & shame of kids in families that had troubles but kept it all swept up in the closet. Secrets and whispers make you sick. Some of those people are miserable adults as a result. They make me so grateful for my Ozzie & Harriet like childhood. That's because we didn't hide things, we yelled when angry, we talked out our differences and kept no secrets. i would never go on a reality show (not that exciting anyway) but how many of us would if we could or were asked??

• Love 4

Imo, people with minor children have no business being on shows like this one, period. It is quite one thing to be a legit actor and perform in movies, but this s+*^ does not qualify and kids should never be involved in any way. They may think it is their choice, but they are too young. Of course the little girls and their friends watch it...they are on it! Otherwise it would not interest them at all.

• Love 6

Isn't the bigger issue that David would send a 9 year old with his wedding ring to end his marriage?  Forget the cameras the kids already lived it.  So perhaps they need their story told as well.  There was a good eight months that went by before they filmed.  Shannon and David seem almost overly willing to seek out professional help to advise in every situation.

To the the kids waiting four or five years to tell their story makes little difference.  What a bad Dad!!!!!!!!!!! What was he thinking?  No wonder Stella seems overly concerned with her mother's feelings of happiness.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

Yes David is a bad dad and a bad husband. But I bet he became both after yrs of Shannon's whining, impossible to please, nonstop nagging, not to mention her Imo, hypochondria, which would have made me insane years ago. Now they are both failing at parenting together...what a good plan.

• Love 3

Isn't the bigger issue that David would send a 9 year old with his wedding ring to end his marriage?  Forget the cameras the kids already lived it.  So perhaps they need their story told as well.  There was a good eight months that went by before they filmed.  Shannon and David seem almost overly willing to seek out professional help to advise in every situation.

To the the kids waiting four or five years to tell their story makes little difference.  What a bad Dad!!!!!!!!!!! What was he thinking?  No wonder Stella seems overly concerned with her mother's feelings of happiness.

What David did was appalling, really appalling IMO. BUT, that does not negate what BOTH Shannon and David are doing to their daughters now ON camera. Talking about the affair on the show can be done respectfully to/with both parties IMO, without dragging their daughters into it on camera. They can still film the girls, more in the background but not as willing participants in repairing the marriage on camera. The damage David's actions had on his daughters should be handled in private, in a real therapist's office, not on camera or with someone, therapist, that wants to appear on a "reality show". It is sad all around, really sad.

• Love 4

I think it is quite possible that Shannon believed this would get out. The shocking part is that it didn't get out prior to her making the announcement. We only have her word that this was her decision and that she did it because she wanted to "help" other couples who might be going through the same thing (clear evidence that she is bat-shit crazy).

I think the thing is that Shannon could have easily told the story and taken us through her journey. If she was afraid that it would come out and wanted to get in front of it, she could have done that. The problem is with the retelling of the very personal stories. Of her allowing the involvement from her children. In the clip above, I think that David looks a bit shocked that Shannon is going to make the revelation that she did. She starts to talk about it and he kind of cuts her off with something like "there were so many hurtful things that happened". Now I don't feel one bit sorry for him, or care that he would be publicly humiliated, but why in the world is she taking us through this? Why does such a personal story - that involves her precious little girl - need to be told on WWHL? I would think that this is not good for the healing of the marriage. She seems to want to humilate him and feel the need to make sure everyone is very aware of just how much she had to suffer. Unstable is the best word I can think of to describe her. I pray for her kids.

David is an immature mental deviant to give his wedding ring to his daughter to give to Shannon. There are no words to describe what he's put his daughters through. At least Shannon is an adult, married to a total reject. Run Shannon run there's millions of people out there who would respect you more than the piece of crap you're trying to hold on to! There's a point when Shannon has to understand he will never be into her period. The girls would be better off not seeing the resentment and dislike he has for her. This is not a healthy marriage nor a good examples for their daughters.

Not surprising that the Affair wanted out, guess she was relieved Shannon wanted him. Telling David what the side piece said no doubt helped him decide to try to do something to rectify his failing marriage.

Edited by talula
  • Love 5

Yes David is a bad dad and a bad husband. But I bet he became both after yrs of Shannon's whining, impossible to please, nonstop nagging, not to mention her Imo, hypochondria, which would have made me insane years ago. Now they are both failing at parenting together...what a good plan.

Or just as likely was already a jackass long before he met Shannon.

• Love 13

Wow. Just...wow.  Had no idea he had sunk so low.  What a total dick.  After reading all of this, including everything SB has discussed on screen, I cannot understand why she wants to keep him so desperately. I do understand wanting to work things out, but at what cost?  It's her's to decide, but I know what I would do.

• Love 7

David's a jerk but of course everyone just blame Shannon for the awful things he does.

It's pretty well established that I'm no Shannon fan so take this for what it's worth, but isn't that just par for the course with both of the Beadors? I mean David isn't responsible for anything he does because Shannon is a passive aggressive shrew and Shannon isn't responsible for anything she does because someone is always being mean to her or gas lighting her or whatever. There are no adults in that marriage.

• Love 5

Imo, people with minor children have no business being on shows like this one, period. It is quite one thing to be a legit actor and perform in movies, but this s+*^ does not qualify and kids should never be involved in any way. They may think it is their choice, but they are too young. Of course the little girls and their friends watch it...they are on it! Otherwise it would not interest them at all.

Then aren't we culpable for watching? Are you still watching? And I actually think it's far worse to have a child in the acting business. It's no secret how children have been preyed on and victimized in Hollywood. As distasteful as it may be for children on the housewives shows, they are always in the company of family and friends - not managers, agents, and the resident pervs in Hollywood.

• Love 4

See, that's the thing. This is the real housewives, peek into their lives. Of course they have children, except the hangers on, or the occasional Gretchen type. For all the grief she got, Alexis kept her kids protected behind the scenes for the most part. Even then, Tamra brought up an incident of supposed child neglect that will forever be on film. (The stroller in the pool accident.)

The early seasons the children seem to be expected on camera as part of the deal. Mostly train wreck viewing.

So, the concept of this show, IMO, is the problem. But we watch!

• Love 4

So, The Affair said to Shannon "He's obsessed with me, he wants to marry me!  I don't even know the guy!".  Okay, so she was boinking him for 9 months and didn't know him?  

Please.  She's scrambling faster than a sewer rat down a drain pipe.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 9

The thing is, if the children were not taped and a part of the show, they might be less likely to watch it, or have their friends watch it, Imo. It would just be a boring show about their parents and their weird friends and it would grow old pretty quickly. But instead, these girls have roles on the show, probably prompted to do and say some of the stuff we see, like that pathetic dinner party (Imo). That should be child abuse. Kids should not even be thinking of ways to keep mommy and daddy together...I think they were put up to that, the chicken was bought for them, etc and Shannon and David thinking it was so cute.

As an adult, I can watch without my future being affected in any way, just a loss of an hour a week. But these kids are living their lives and then doing these awkward "tasks" on TV with their parents basically cheering them on. And likely doing it to keep the ever-vital edge of a "storyline". That is sick to me. Jmo

Edited by Bebecat
  • Love 4

Wow. Just...wow.  Had no idea he had sunk so low.  What a total dick.  After reading all of this, including everything SB has discussed on screen, I cannot understand why she wants to keep him so desperately. I do understand wanting to work things out, but at what cost?  It's her's to decide, but I know what I would do.

I don't understand this either.   He's an utter filthy douchebag, and she's just as bad for subjecting her daughters to this fuckery. 

I really hate this couple. 

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 3

I suppose there may be a method to Shannon's madness of staying with jelly fish David and making public the family shame. She may believe Mr. Man-o-pause is better than nothing. Now that the world has seen her personality pluses and minuses she may believe she'd have a difficult time finding another guy. Shannon may also feel if she outs every spineless action David's taken against her and her daughters that no woman in their right mind would take a second look at the worm.

Sadly, I wonder if a Mario/Ramona ending to their marriage is in sight once the youngest child is in college.

Edited by talula
  • Love 5

Shannon could nag him all day every day and it still wouldn't justify giving his wedding ring to his daughter and telling her to tell Shannon he doesn't need it anymore. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior and it reveals something about him that has nothing to do with Shannon, IMO.

• Love 23

I suppose there may be a method to Shannon's madness of staying with jelly fish David and making public the family shame. She may believe Mr. Man-o-pause is better than nothing. Now that the world has seen her personality pluses and minuses she may believe she'd have a difficult time finding another guy. Shannon may also feel if she outs every spineless action David's taken against her and her daughters that no woman in their right mind would take a second look at the worm.

Sadly, I wonder if a Mario/Ramona ending to their marriage is in sight once the youngest child is in college.

Of all the women who I think could attract a really good husband should they lose theirs to death or divorce across all the franchises, I come up with only four, Eileen Davidson, Kyle Richards, Heather Dubrow and Shannon Beador.  No one from NJ, NY has kind of proven the RH have no game in finding new mates, Atlanta has no one which leaves only the west coast franchises.  I think what all four have in common is they are devoted spouses and all three women still seem to have a big crush on their husbands.  There is the added benefit they are all wealthy. Shannon would win because damn, she is the most forgiving woman on the planet.  I would throw Lisa V in there but I think she mates once for life.

So if fate is such Shannon and David decide to split I think she would not be alone for long.  Vince Van Patten has a single brother maybe Shannon should be exploring her options.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

Of all the women who I think could attract a really good husband should they lose theirs to death or divorce across all the franchises, I come up with only four, Eileen Davidson, Kyle Richards, Heather Dubrow and Shannon Beador.  No one from NJ, NY has kind of proven the RH have no game in finding new mates, Atlanta has no one which leaves only the west coast franchises.  I think what all four have in common is they are devoted spouses and all three women still seem to have a big crush on their husbands.  There is the added benefit they are all wealthy. Shannon would win because damn, she is the most forgiving woman on the planet.  I would throw Lisa V in there but I think she mates once for life.

So if fate is such Shannon and David decide to split I think she would not be alone for long.  Vince Van Patten has a single brother maybe Shannon should be exploring her options.

I would probably throw Lisa R and Kristen into the mix.  And probably NY Heather.  I would also include Yolanda if she wasn't 'sick'.

• Love 2

I would probably throw Lisa R and Kristen into the mix.  And probably NY Heather.  I would also include Yolanda if she wasn't 'sick'.

Kristen -just no.  I don't make dinner, I make reservations, is cute when you are childless and 25 not so cute when you are 40 and have two kids.  Plus she whines.  Alas she is not wealthy and has no real way to earn outside of RH.

No man wants to be married to someone who ex or dearly departed was the sexiest man alive.  I kid. Lisa R is a devoted spouse but I always get the impression she is a hustler.

Heather has too much going on in her life no time for a husband.  She found her perfect mate. 

Yolanda, I just think she is too far gone with her Lyme's disease.  Most men aren't looking for someone who is operating on 40% brain function or whatever it is she claims to have left. So I have to scratch her. 

• Love 2

Whoa.

This is truly awful.

To say David has issues is an understatement.

I hope Shannon soon realizes she and her daughters deserve to be treated far better than that.

• Love 7

Bottom line, many of the things that have been reported about the affair are not quite factual after watching them on WWHL. It doesn't sound like the woman David was sleeping with had her kid join the basketball team, but their girls already played on the same team. Shannon already knew this gal. She said that they talked, and the topic of the show came up (Shannon said they were talking about the other ladies) and the topic of Shannon and David's relationship came up as well. All kinds of fucked up to be sure, but it's not as if Shannon's relationship issues with David were some huge private matter - she brought them all to our TV's. David said he told the gal to stop talking to Shannon. Not clear if that happened.

The most interesting part is that David confirmed that Heather knew about the affair. He said she already knew about it the night that Shannon came over to Heather and Terry's house. He said he thought she knew because she is friendly with the other woman and that he thought the game was up at that point. Shannon feels extremely grateful to Heather because she kept it to herself. She said that she didn't even tell Terry, and that in their group of friends, it is rare for someone to keep such information quiet. She now looks at that particular night in a completely different light.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 11

The most interesting part is that David confirmed that Heather knew about the affair. He said she already knew about it the night that Shannon came over to Heather and Terry's house. He said he thought she knew because she is friendly with the other woman and that he thought the game was up at that point. Shannon feels extremely grateful to Heather because she kept it to herself. She said that she didn't even tell Terry, and that in their group of friends, it is rare for someone to keep such information quiet. She now looks at that particular night in a completely different light.

I like Heather and after hearing how she kept David's affair to herself, I like her even more.

• Love 9

Bottom line, many of the things that have been reported about the affair are not quite factual after watching them on WWHL. It doesn't sound like the woman David was sleeping with had her kid join the basketball team, but their girls already played on the same team. Shannon already knew this gal. She said that they talked, and the topic of the show came up (Shannon said they were talking about the other ladies) and the topic of Shannon and David's relationship came up as well. All kinds of fucked up to be sure, but it's not as if Shannon's relationship issues with David were some huge private matter - she brought them all to our TV's. David said he told the gal to stop talking to Shannon. Not clear if that happened.

I see it differently.  She knew about the affair, knew Shannon was in a very bad way and was on the verge of losing her husband, yet attacked her because Shannon asked her to please stop talking about her marriage to others, then angrily asked her to leave.  TL;DR She kicked Shannon when she was way, way down.  I don't trust her or Tamra when it comes to Shannon.  I truly hope they don't mess with her again

On another note; a huge BRAVO to Andy for telling David what a dick move (in a galaxy of dick moves) it was to give his wedding ring to his kid and make her tell Shannon he didn't want it anymore.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 15

Maybe it 's just me but one of the things that really bothered me about Andy's interview with Shannon and David (I really didn't 'want' to watch this but I knew it would be discussed here.  I know.  Kind of pathetic of me) is that Andy kept referring to the woman who David was having an affair with as 'his' mistress.  Geez.  It's 2015.  If Shannon had an affair, how would Andy refer to the man that Shannon had an affair with?

• Love 6

Maybe it 's just me but one of the things that really bothered me about Andy's interview with Shannon and David (I really didn't 'want' to watch this but I knew it would be discussed here.  I know.  Kind of pathetic of me) is that Andy kept referring to the woman who David was having an affair with as 'his' mistress.  Geez.  It's 2015.  If Shannon had an affair, how would Andy refer to the man that Shannon had an affair with?

IMO, he kept using that word in hopes that either Shannon or David would get upset on camera. It really sounded like he was baiting them, at least to me.

• Love 4

IMO, he kept using that word in hopes that either Shannon or David would get upset on camera. It really sounded like he was baiting them, at least to me.

There was a lot of baiting going on with Andy, especially toward David.  I'm not saying David was an innocent.  Too bad Andy isn't more like he was with David when he's interviewing the housewives at the reunion. 

• Love 7

I like Heather and after hearing how she kept David's affair to herself, I like her even more.

Has Heather said how she knew?  I mean did the woman tell Heather?  It just seems odd this married woman was running around telling people she was having an affair.

• Love 3

Has Heather said how she knew?  I mean did the woman tell Heather?  It just seems odd this married woman was running around telling people she was having an affair.

I thought David said in the interview that Heather and the other woman had mutual friends. I'm guessing that the other woman told her friends and one of them told Heather. It doesn't seem like either David or the other woman were being all that covert about the affair. They were going out in public together in what Shannon describes as their "small community" to places David would also take Shannon. I'm surprised they were able to keep the affair a secret from their spouses for so long. 

Shannon and David's behavior is so unnatural and really off putting. I don't believe them when they say everything is wonderful. They may truly believe that but I don't think either of them knows what a good relationship looks or feels like. I feel sorry for their kids. 

ETA: For the record I do think there are times that couples can come back together after one of them has an affair and even become stronger than they were before. It's not the norm, but it does happen. I just don't believe Shannon and David's relationship in its current state is healthy and at this point I doubt they ever had a healthy relationship.

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 7

I see it differently.  She knew about the affair, knew Shannon was going through the worst time ever in her marriage, yet attacked her because Shannon asked her to please stop talking about her marriage to others, then angrily asked her to leave.  TL;DR She kicked Shannon when she was way, way down.  I don't trust her or Tamra when it comes to Shannon.  I truly hope they don't mess with her again

On another note; a huge BRAVO to Andy for telling David what a dick move (in a galaxy of dick moves) it was to give his wedding ring to his kid and make her tell Shannon he didn't want it anymore.

It's always interesting to me when something very big that happened a season or two prior gets discussed and analyzed later on. I love the sense of history that it lends to the show. I always thought that particular scene was incredibly pivotal, mainly because it was so shocking. I know that Heather is not popular, but it seemed so harsh and out of character to many.

I agree that Heather could have been much more sympathetic to Shannon. I always believed there had to be so much more to all of that because Heather's reaction didn't make sense in the context of what we were seeing or what we knew at the time. I now wonder if Heather was a little bit freaked out that Shannon was confronting her about something she knew a lot about. It is possible that she didn't know exactly what Shannon knew about the other woman, or about the rumors that were circulating? That she was afraid of what she might ask, or who she might name on camera? She might have been nervous about being put on the spot and concerned about what questions Shannon might ask of her. She wouldn't want to reveal too much or say something that she shouldn't. The way she said "this is none of my business" was off-putting to me, like she was afraid that she was going to be questioned about something specific. I think that she just wanted to get Shannon out of her house before the conversation went any deeper. One thing is clear after WWHL: Shannon and Heather have discussed this at length and Shannon sees that night differently and feels grateful to Heather at this point.

• Love 11

When Andy brought up the Daily Mail story I thought it was very real that Shannon didn't not care if the woman's identity became public or not and David thought it unfair because she wasn't in the public eye.  I thought that was pretty real.  Obviously David and Shannon are not of one mind on everything.  Shannon admitting to comparison when she saw the other woman and her husband were pretty real emotions.

David's reasons for agreeing to do the interview made me feel as if he does truly care for Shannon and their marriage.  His answers seemed to be logical and heartfelt.  The did a lot of work to get to the place where they are now.  I was glad to hear the kids are enjoying a healthier family life.

• Love 6

This was really difficult to watch. Both Shannon and David are still in a lot of pain and have a very long and difficult road ahead if they truly want to repair the damage that's been done. I want to say that in some way I think it's only fair that the 'other woman' has been outed publicly by Daily Mail. Nichole McMackin is a very beautiful woman and she's married to a very handsome man. They're both wealthy and also live in a gated community in Newport Beach. If Nichole and Ree McMackin had a solid marriage, she wouldn't have cheated with David.  David and Shannon admitted to having had problems within their marriage before his affair.

The circles that wealthy Orange County families revolve in are restricted to small circles of other rich people. The tight circle of wealth keeps them imprisoned within the boundaries of their wealth. In many ways, the wealth they have actually constrains them quite a lot by segregating them from real people and real life situations. Shannon said that 72% of the marriages in Orange County end in divorce.The environment they've created for themselves due to their affluence is also potentially damaging to many marriages. It's just too simple to get out of a marriage when both people are financially independent and don't need each other for emotional support any longer.

Infidelity happens in any marriage no matter if a person is rich or poor. To promise to love someone 'till death do us part' is for the most part a myth because it takes more than love to hold a couple together for life. Temptations are everywhere and it takes a solid, trusting marriage with two dedicated partners to be able to resist temptations. In the event that one or both succumb to temptation for whatever reason, and they stray and have an affair, it takes tremendous effort on both parts to repair the damage and move forward into a monogamous relationship. It takes more than love to make a marriage work. It takes a lot of personal growth, maturity, empathy, understanding and most importantly communication that will help two people last in a marriage for a lifetime.

Andy read comments from viewers about David being 'robot-like' and David admitted not being the type of man that likes the cameras and attention. That's pretty obvious because he has looked more like a scared deer in the headlights of a semi-tractor trailer when he's on camera. But I think it's a choice as to be shown or not and if he's not comfortable being filmed then don't do it. Unless of course his appearances is built into Shannon's contract with Bravo, then he has to appear now and then.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 6

This entire enterprise, of a 'where we are in our marriage' special, is so distasteful, low-brow and pathetic that I have almost no words.  Except for 'this marriage will never be healthy' after the airing and confirmation by both of these ridiculous people that David handed his ring to his eldest.  Shannon is also some kind of delusional if she doesn't read something significant into David's disagreement about McKibbin's exposure based on her public stature or lack thereof, relative to active reality show castmembers.  There was nothing universal or therapeutic about any of it.  It blows my mind that they chose to do this. 

I hope it was all worth it.  The affair, the excruciating public details spilled by these two narcissists.  Let's reflect on the fact that not even Chelsea Clinton has had her parents open veins on national broadcasts about the post-Lewinsky fallout. 

If people have dignity, there was nothing triumphant in this whole endeavor.  Teresa's call-in from prison makes much more sense to me than this.  In fact, the Giudices are the only cross-franchise members who have done the coupled, serious sit-downs (not lighthearted dumbassery on WWHL, a la the Gorgas serving as Andy's dancing monkeys.)  If Shannon and David did not have serious money and fusty taste and an I guess paid-for mansion, I feel pretty certain everyone would look at all of this stuff very, very differently.  Put them in leopard print and give one a threehead and make them say 'youze' and does it seem like all the sought-for attention is just to save the family?  Uh huh.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 2