Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

It occurred to me that if this woman went to the lengths of putting her child on the basket ball team David coaches, .....

.....recall last season of the show, when they showed Shannon helping the oldest daughter get ready for her trip to Italy and it was only David that was to accompany his daughter and her team on that trip ? And Shannon didn't go I guess to stay home with the other daughters and be available for the RHOC filming schedule.

That said, ...wonder if Nicole M went on that trip and if that was where the monkey business first began.

I thought the trip was a class/school trip, not a Basketball trip. Does anyone remember for sure what type of trip it was?

I do agree that if Shannon and the Mistresses paths cross, they would keep walking. I don't think that either of them would want a scene. But, it doesn't change Shannon being very careful to keep the name to herself. I personally believe that Shannon did that to protect herself and her family. 

I am hoping that the main reason Shannon never revealed the other woman's name was to protect her own, Shannon/David's, kids. They may not have known who she was and IMO, if they knew her daughter from the team, it would be difficult for the kids as a whole.

• Love 4

I thought the trip was a class/school trip, not a Basketball trip. Does anyone remember for sure what type of trip it was?

I am hoping that the main reason Shannon never revealed the other woman's name was to protect her own, Shannon/David's, kids. They may not have known who she was and IMO, if they knew her daughter from the team, it would be difficult for the kids as a whole.

Shannon and the affair kids go to different schools.  Heather seemed to know all about the trip because her children had gone or she knew about the trip.  Heather and Shannon's children did go to the same school.  

I think the difficulty arose when the oldest daughter went through her father's phone and found inappropriate emails or text messages.  I don't know if she discovered them before or after they went to Italy.

• Love 1

How terrible for both families. 

Unpopular opinion but I feel sorry for both families, both sets of children, both betrayed spouses, and I think it's as disgusting as the fact of this thing that someone decided to post anonymously in some fucked up definition of 'justice' to out the other woman...and screw over her family in public in the process.  Wow.  How screwed up people are, just loving to paint that scarlet A and then smarm about how sorry they feel for the impacted family members.  If you care about that, you don't follow a scumbag like Tamra's lead (after she deliberately spilled the first name on WWHL, how long do you think it took for tabloids to start working sources and vetting the story?).  *Maybe* this woman did approach Shannon to pump her for info: maybe.  I wouldn't take that as fact at all, and I like Shannon pretty well.  But her decision to sign on for another season in the midst of this madness and to do so while putting spin that she did this to 'help other families' makes me somewhat disgusted since we've seen over the season that her children are now dancing around their parents' marital problems and are being part of this plotline.  That's just wrong.  It is.  And now it's bigger, and that prim, 'well, she shouldn't have banged Crazy Eyes Beador!' - well, doy.  But THIS is necessary?  Really? 

This ridiculous Hester Prynning shit makes me ill.  I didn't need to know about the other person on the phone during the infamous Joe Giudice in Napa scene on RHONJ, that the scene was included was bad enough and made me actually feel terrible for Tre Giudice and I loathed her.  I didn't need this splashed out either, and I don't need to know who Josh 'Fedora D-bag' Taekman met, either.  "They all deserve what they get, I'm so glad!"  Yeah.  I'm not.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 2

How terrible for both families. 

Unpopular opinion but I feel sorry for both families, both sets of children, both betrayed spouses, and I think it's as disgusting as the fact of this thing that someone decided to post anonymously in some fucked up definition of 'justice' to out the other woman...and screw over her family in public in the process.  Wow.  How screwed up people are, just loving to paint that scarlet A and then smarm about how sorry they feel for the impacted family members.  If you care about that, you don't follow a scumbag like Tamra's lead (after she deliberately spilled the first name on WWHL, how long do you think it took for tabloids to start working sources and vetting the story?).  *Maybe* this woman did approach Shannon to pump her for info: maybe.  I wouldn't take that as fact at all, and I like Shannon pretty well.  But her decision to sign on for another season in the midst of this madness and to do so while putting spin that she did this to 'help other families' makes me somewhat disgusted since we've seen over the season that her children are now dancing around their parents' marital problems and are being part of this plotline.  That's just wrong.  It is.  And now it's bigger, and that prim, 'well, she shouldn't have banged Crazy Eyes Beador!' - well, doy.  But THIS is necessary?  Really? 

This ridiculous Hester Prynning shit makes me ill.  I didn't need to know about the other person on the phone during the infamous Joe Giudice in Napa scene on RHONJ, that the scene was included was bad enough and made me actually feel terrible for Tre Giudice and I loathed her.  I didn't need this splashed out either, and I don't need to know who Josh 'Fedora D-bag' Taekman met, either.  "They all deserve what they get, I'm so glad!"  Yeah.  I'm not.

You felt bad for Teresa who continued to do the show after Joe's behavior and indictments but somehow Shannon is the bad guy for not giving up her job to protect her husband's affair?  Life goes on and people who make bad choices should not be shielded for the sake of the children if it is at an sacrifice to another.

I never once felt like Teresa and Joe should get a break because they have children.  I don't feel like the affair should get a break because she has children.  It is not up to Shannon to acknowledge let alone protect the affair's children.

• Love 2

The reason why I weighed in here about not caring about the Affairs identity, is because some people are saying that Shannon should not have agreed to her second season on RHOC. I am not sure whether it's a good idea to put her children in the middle of her marriage issues (leaning towards feeling it's a very bad idea) but I don't think it's fair, IMO, to think Shannon has an obligation to stay off TV to help shield anyone's identity. Shannon has a right to keep this job and whether that decision makes it easier for the Affair to stay under the radar is not her problem.

We all have a right to post, comment, reflect, analyze and joke about people on this show. If the Daily Mail and other rags out the Affairs identity, then the info is now public info. I get protecting information on the kids schools, they are defenseless minors, although, often the reality participants tweet, Instagram & Facebook those tidbits willingly. Often, we discuss whether it's wise for the HW to reveal so much about their lives on national TV.

If I want to comment that I don't care about some Ho's distress because she slept with a married man, knowing his wife was filming a reality show, was BFFs with a famous tennis player and snagged a spot for her kid on her affairs bball team and befriended her cheating partner's wife to ply his wife for personal information, then I'm going to call a Ho a Ho. Feel free to disagree, but I don't think it's ok to chastise me or any other poster for bitching and not feeling sorry for her, or David! Again, the only people responsible for the wreckage are THE home wreckers, not the victims.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 6

You felt bad for Teresa who continued to do the show after Joe's behavior and indictments but somehow Shannon is the bad guy for not giving up her job to protect her husband's affair?  Life goes on and people who make bad choices should not be shielded for the sake of the children if it is at an sacrifice to another.

I never once felt like Teresa and Joe should get a break because they have children.  I don't feel like the affair should get a break because she has children.  It is not up to Shannon to acknowledge let alone protect the affair's children.

Jesus H.  I don't think the Giudices deserved legal protection because they had children: I didn't think it was necessary for frothing stans to find out the identity of the woman on the phone with Joe during that scene, and that certainly happened.  I don't think it's 'giving the affair a break' for the anonymous person or persons to have refrained from dropping her name around the net following Tamra's lead, and for that to hit the fan in an international tabloid. 

People want blood and feel satisfaction over this.  I think it's gross.  And Shannon and David agreed to sign onto a second season despite their serious issues and their kids are talking about it like they themselves are marriage counselors, and some adults had to be told to strike the name of the school of either the Beador or other children - that is nucking futs to me, that anyone who is old enough to vote would need to be told to maybe think that over twice.  Is that too merciful or too 'on the affair's side' for ya?  So be it. 

There are consequences to all of this kind of thing.  It's not cute to have this kind of bloodlust and then pretend to care about the actual innocent parties involved.  You disagree.  It's not being on a shitty person's 'side' to think that, nor to question the perspective when someone, if not Shannon herself, but a 'source' is saying that she or someone is claiming they signed on again to 'help other families.'   That 'help' rationale is bull, and so is all this mess.

• Love 3

Shannon and the affair kids go to different schools.  Heather seemed to know all about the trip because her children had gone or she knew about the trip.  Heather and Shannon's children did go to the same school.  

I think the difficulty arose when the oldest daughter went through her father's phone and found inappropriate emails or text messages.  I don't know if she discovered them before or after they went to Italy.

Maybe she saw the text/emails while ON the trip. I have to say though, what kid goes through their parents text messages or their emails? I have yet to hear of any kid that I know do that. YMMV

• Love 1

Maybe she saw the text/emails while ON the trip. I have to say though, what kid goes through their parents text messages or their emails? I have yet to hear of any kid that I know do that. YMMV

I agree, it's not typical. However, maybe it's because Shannon's kids didn't have cell phones at the time, you know how Shannon feels about them, she mentioned it on the show. Perhaps she saw the message as it was coming up on the screen and that's how the first message caught her attention. You can see the first few words and the name of the person sending a message on a "locked" phone!

• Love 1

I really don't care about the identity of the woman David had an affair with.  What I do have a problem with is that the affair has become Shannon's storyline for this season and her minor children have become part of this storyline.  If the affair was such a traumatic event, then solve it off screen with your children and husband.  If you want to continue on the show, then, most importantly,  don't make your children a part of it and don't agree to filming scenes with your husband that could (let's pretend Shannon's dead) upset your children.  So much of this didn't have to be filmed.  Your children's welfare is far more important than your storyline that you think some viewers can relate to.

I was such a Shannon supporter last season and I'm so disappointed in her this year.  The bottom line for me is that Shannon thinks 'punishing' David is far more important than her children's well being.

• Love 8

I really don't care about the identity of the woman David had an affair with.  What I do have a problem with is that the affair has become Shannon's storyline for this season and her minor children have become part of this storyline.  If the affair was such a traumatic event, then solve it off screen with your children and husband.  If you want to continue on the show, then, most importantly,  don't make your children a part of it and don't agree to filming scenes with your husband that could (let's pretend Shannon's dead) upset your children.  So much of this didn't have to be filmed.  Your children's welfare is far more important than your storyline that you think some viewers can relate to.

I was such a Shannon supporter last season and I'm so disappointed in her this year.  The bottom line for me is that Shannon thinks 'punishing' David is far more important than her children's well being.

I agree with this so much.

I write with no snark that maybe this is where Shannon not I guess working, having to work, has impacted how she reasons things through - if she in fact thinks anything like, 'Well, the show is my job and I can use my job to help other hurting women,' that seems beyond bananas to me and I don't think that's victim blaming.  Shannon knows she's neurotic; she is suffering, but she's self-aware and she's also the mom to 3 kids who deserve to not have this splashed everywhere. 

This whole story, scenario, fallout is fucking creepy.   RHOOC brings the creepy -- very much in line with Jay Photoglou and Tamra's pursuit of Ho Justice with Gretchen, and a lot of that pointless shit started with OC-based blogs.  Ka-reepy. 

• Love 4

I really don't care about the identity of the woman David had an affair with. What I do have a problem with is that the affair has become Shannon's storyline for this season and her minor children have become part of this storyline. If the affair was such a traumatic event, then solve it off screen with your children and husband. If you want to continue on the show, then, most importantly, don't make your children a part of it and don't agree to filming scenes with your husband that could (let's pretend Shannon's dead) upset your children. So much of this didn't have to be filmed. Your children's welfare is far more important than your storyline that you think some viewers can relate to.

I was such a Shannon supporter last season and I'm so disappointed in her this year. The bottom line for me is that Shannon thinks 'punishing' David is far more important than her children's well being.

Ditto to every word! Thanks BREEZY424. It's so sad for the girls. Though I did PM someone about it. Edited by talula
  • Love 1

Exactly how is David being punished?  I think he is being held accountable for unconscionable actions.  He is living with this family and seems to be enjoying family life.  He knew the affair was wrong, he had to have known having the affair's kid on the basketball team would lead to inevitable interaction between the affair and her spouse and the Beadors.  He had to have known that TELLING his wife he banged her then went off with the affair would be hurtful. If Shannon wanted to punish him she would divorce him and take him to the cleaners.  Time for David to atone or move on. 

• Love 6

When Shannon first started talking about the affair at the beginning of the season, I posted that the name of the gal David cheated with would be exposed, because in large part Shannon would want it exposed. Shannon could have easily talked about the affair without offering so many details. She is the one who talked about the woman getting close to her and trying to gain knowledge about her life/marriage. She is the one who gave the detail about David going over to bang her on Shannon's birthday. Shannon wanted to get as many details out as possible. She was never going to name her, but why in the world would anyone believe that she didn't want her exposed? It's not the name of the gal who could potentially cause harm to David or his business: it's the affair itself that would do that. Shannon was more than willing to put all the dirty details on blast, and the one way to take control and really make the woman pay would be to tell the world who she is. Keep in mind, I don't blame her for that. If I had a vehicle like a reality TV show, and I was unafraid to let the world see the dirty underbelly of my marriage, I would want to make sure the person who had a role in the decline of my marriage was made to pay.

• Love 5

Exactly how is David being punished?  I think he is being held accountable for unconscionable actions.  He is living with this family and seems to be enjoying family life.  He knew the affair was wrong, he had to have known having the affair's kid on the basketball team would lead to inevitable interaction between the affair and her spouse and the Beadors.  He had to have known that TELLING his wife he banged her then went off with the affair would be hurtful. If Shannon wanted to punish him she would divorce him and take him to the cleaners.  Time for David to atone or move on. 

We don't know how David is being "punished" other than what we see on the show and by that I mean embarrassed. Being reminded of his actions/affair all the time IS punishment IMO. I am not saying that he doesn't deserve it but doing it on camera for the world to see is on a much larger scale than normal and it does have a direct impact on their children and that is where Shannon goes too far. It is also time for Shannon to forgive or move on herself. JMO

• Love 2

It is also time for Shannon to forgive or move on herself. JMO

I agree Shannon needs to move on as best as she can at this point. I keep reminding myself this show was filmed months ago and it's not airing in real time! It would be interesting to me to see some of her true friends, we have seen a couple of them in the background on some episodes, have a chance to weigh in and be seen voicing and dispensing good advice to Shannon on this subject.

We do know that from WWHL, her interviews, Instagram & Twitter, that the family appears to be participating in many fun activities and David is always there. He does appear to be smiling "for real" not just posing. If Shannon comes back for Season 3, I think we will see Shannon move on to the next chapter. Let's see gold shorts Shannon dancing to ringtones!

• Love 6

Exactly how is David being punished? I think he is being held accountable for unconscionable actions. He is living with this family and seems to be enjoying family life. He knew the affair was wrong, he had to have known having the affair's kid on the basketball team would lead to inevitable interaction between the affair and her spouse and the Beadors. He had to have known that TELLING his wife he banged her then went off with the affair would be hurtful. If Shannon wanted to punish him she would divorce him and take him to the cleaners. Time for David to atone or move on.

I agree, how is David being punished? He got to screw around, keep his millions, live in the house, pull passive aggressive head games against his wife in front of their daughters and act like a dejected a-hole in front of a TV audience? I have no sympathy for the bum especially knowing he was filming with Shannon on her show while running around with the side piece. Guess he had a death wish knowing his face was on TV...all the other HWs knew about the affair.

I'm sure Mrs. Affair asked David if it was OK to join the sports team he coached. The cad knew his wife attended games and there was a good chance the women would meet. What a diabolical creepy pair David and his side piece were! Guess it gave him a cheap passive aggressive thrill to put poor Shannon into such a horrible situation. He's worse than Mrs. Affair since he's the one who gave her the green light to befriend Shannon!!!

Finally, telling Shannon that he was intimate with the side piece the night of her birthday was inhumane. It was as if he got his rocks off a second time by maliciously repeating his actions of that night. A night he knew was very special to his wife...and would be no more.

Edited by talula
  • Love 5

When Shannon first started talking about the affair at the beginning of the season, I posted that the name of the gal David cheated with would be exposed, because in large part Shannon would want it exposed. Shannon could have easily talked about the affair without offering so many details. She is the one who talked about the woman getting close to her and trying to gain knowledge about her life/marriage. She is the one who gave the detail about David going over to bang her on Shannon's birthday. Shannon wanted to get as many details out as possible. She was never going to name her, but why in the world would anyone believe that she didn't want her exposed? It's not the name of the gal who could potentially cause harm to David or his business: it's the affair itself that would do that. Shannon was more than willing to put all the dirty details on blast, and the one way to take control and really make the woman pay would be to tell the world who she is. Keep in mind, I don't blame her for that. If I had a vehicle like a reality TV show, and I was unafraid to let the world see the dirty underbelly of my marriage, I would want to make sure the person who had a role in the decline of my marriage was made to pay.

Ditto to every word! The only way Tamrat could repeat the first name of Mrs. Affair on TV is if it was disclosed by Shannon. Shannon wanted to have revenge on her rival by making Mrs. Affair and her family suffer the same humiliation she experienced. There's no way David's side piece's name haphazardly appeared in the comments section of an online tabloid.

The only way to try to put a lid on the affair would have been to not make it her story line of the season. Most likely she would have been fired from RHOC, but in the big scheme of life, the millionaires didn't need Bravo's money and the children would have been spared the lurid details.

• Love 2

Agreed Talula, it's hard to wrap the ol brain around that fact, that he would actually tell Shannon about last years "double dipping" on her 50th birthday of all milestones. Can you imagine being in Shannon's shoes?

At least "Don Draper" had the decency to omit the nasty details to "Betty." When the Therapist told David to reveal all, did he really have to go that far?? Maybe someone spotted him later on the eve of Shannon's birthday so he had to come clean? (Or dirty) (talking about spilling the dirt!)

OT, kudos to the serial philanderer Don Draper, Jon Hamm, for finally snagging the Emmy after 8 nods. I guess being a perfect cad does pay?! David Beador must have thought being seen as Hot gave him the same pass as Don. If David truly turns it around I will be shocked, but will still cross my fingers because that is what Shannon is hoping for...again, time will tell.

Ditto to every word! The only way Tamrat could repeat the first name of Mrs. Affair on TV is if it was disclosed by Shannon. Shannon wanted to have revenge on her rival by making Mrs. Affair and her family suffer the same humiliation she experienced. There's no way David's side piece's name haphazardly appeared in the comments section of an online tabloid.

The only way to try to put a lid on the affair would have been to not make it her story line of the season. Most likely she would have been fired from RHOC, but in the big scheme of life, the millionaires didn't need Bravo's money and the children would have been spared the lurid details.

Let's not forget, Heather most likely knew the Affairs name, remember her lunch and the e-mail? Also, Tamra claims she knew but Shannon didn't know she knew, so we don't know for sure that Shannon was the one to name names. Tamra is good at digging up the dirt. (Gretchens past)

• Love 3

I agree Shannon needs to move on as best as she can at this point. I keep reminding myself this show was filmed months ago and it's not airing in real time! It would be interesting to me to see some of her true friends, we have seen a couple of them in the background on some episodes, have a chance to weigh in and be seen voicing and dispensing good advice to Shannon on this subject.

We do know that from WWHL, her interviews, Instagram & Twitter, that the family appears to be participating in many fun activities and David is always there. He does appear to be smiling "for real" not just posing. If Shannon comes back for Season 3, I think we will see Shannon move on to the next chapter. Let's see gold shorts Shannon dancing to ringtones!

I hope the marriage is saved and we never have to see David as a sad sack husband again! He acts fine with his daughters, but two seasons of this depressing husband and wife behavior is enough for me. Good luck to them finding a new story line for next season. If they don't find one, I fear this just may be Shannon's final Bravo swan song. :-(

• Love 2

What's the difference between punishing and being held accountable?  The bottom line for me is that Shannon thinks 'punishing' David (you can insert holding David accountable) is far more important than her children's well being. But in any event, my point was that their children and their well being should come first and Shannon isn't doing that by having them participate and hearing all this.  And I'm not saying that David shouldn't be held accountable or be punished.  It's how she's doing it.

• Love 6

Agreed Talula, it's hard to wrap the ol brain around that fact, that he would actually tell Shannon about last years "double dipping" on her 50th birthday of all milestones. Can you imagine being in Shannon's shoes?

Let's not forget, Heather most likely knew the Affairs name, remember her lunch and the e-mail? Also, Tamra claims she knew but Shannon didn't know she knew, so we don't know for sure that Shannon was the one to name names. Tamra is good at digging up the dirt. (Gretchens past)

Shannon has admitted to wanting to know every detail about this affair, to the point of having him list every restaurant they ate at and I have no doubts that she asked him if he was with his mistress on her birthday last year. I think telling her was cruel but not telling her would send her into overdrive and make it worse in the long run IMO.

No one, the other HWs that is, has released any personal info about the mistress publicly outside Tamra saying her first name on WWHL. They didn't need to because Shannon gave so many details about her that posters here were able to find her without too much effort so I am not surprised that the DN finally revealed her name/pictures/family, I am just surprised it took them so long.

• Love 1

Calling Meghan...better start to investigate Shannon's medical treatment for her chronic cough. We now know she uses a nebuliser every day and was coughing up black phlegm. She also sees Dr. Moon for assorted ailments. Also why did Shannon have a difficult time balancing herself during exercise class? What's going on with Shannon?

• Love 4

I certainly agree that while Shannon didn't disclose the Affairs name, I think she likely wouldn't care if it was revealed by Tamra or anyone else...I was just commenting that we don't know for sure that it was Shannon that spilled the beans to Tamra. We can speculate that it was , but we also know that Tamra has no problem putting any info out there and has always been willing and able to get that information by digging around, just like Meghan does and like she has with Gretchen & Slade. Another words, it's not a given it was Shannon but of course it's certainly possible.

As for David revealing details, telling Shannon everywhere he took the Affair was required by Shannon and the Therapist also advised David to do this. However, I don't think we should blame Shannon for David telling her that he saw his mistress on the evening of Shannon's birthday and OVERsharing the disgusting tidbits. I just don't get blaming Shannon for David's appalling lack of scruples and extreme poor judgment. Of course Shannon wants to know some of those things, but telling her that bday info was inhumane as another posted already noted. I just happen to think that the consequences of the Affair should be on David and the other woman not Shannon.

• Love 5

The difference to me between being held accountable and punishment are pretty clear. David was being held accountable by his daughters and apologizing for having abandoned them.  I don't see apologizing as punishment.

Shannon and David obviously agreed on some sort of guidance and counseling for their damaged marriage.  Apparently the kids were part of the rebuilding-would not be my choice, but since the affair decided to insert herself in the children's lives, perhaps they feel they are owed some healing.  I am glad Shannon kids aren't on Twitter, tweeting the affair is a bitch and a psycho like say Haley Edmonds did about Vicki. 

From what I have seen of David and the interactions with his kids it seems he had pretty limited communication skills with the kids last season.  This season he seems a little more in tune with their moods. 

• Love 2

Shannon has admitted to wanting to know every detail about this affair, to the point of having him list every restaurant they ate at and I have no doubts that she asked him if he was with his mistress on her birthday last year. I think telling her was cruel but not telling her would send her into overdrive and make it worse in the long run IMO.

No one, the other HWs that is, has released any personal info about the mistress publicly outside Tamra saying her first name on WWHL. They didn't need to because Shannon gave so many details about her that posters here were able to find her without too much effort so I am not surprised that the DN finally revealed her name/pictures/family, I am just surprised it took them so long.

What details?  Telling Vicki the woman befriended her?  Telling the RHOC audience that David double dipped (I like that) on her 50th birthday?  Wow, there must be some seriously talented sleuths out there because I don't know how I would be able to find out who the affair was via those details. 

I'm sure Mrs. Affair asked David if it was OK to join the sports team he coached.

You are?  Yes, a woman who has no trouble helping herself to someone else's husband, then befriending the wife to get info on their marriage, is just loaded with enough moral scruples to ask first.

Ditto to every word! The only way Tamrat could repeat the first name of Mrs. Affair on TV is if it was disclosed by Shannon.

It's already been confirmed by Lizzie that the ladies knew about the affair before Shannon did. In fact, I wouldn't hesitate to go as far to say that many in the OC knew about it because they weren't exactly discreet.

Wow, do you all remember that Shannon is the one who was cheated on for 9 months?  As far as I can see, she has never revealed any personal details about this woman, so I have no idea where all the 'Shannon is to blame for EVERYTHING' vitriol. and sympathy for The Affair, is coming from.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 10

What details?  Telling Vicki the woman befriended her?  Telling the RHOC audience that David double dipped (I like that) on her 50th birthday?  Wow, there must be some seriously talented sleuths out there because I don't know how I would be able to find out who the affair was via those details. 

You are?  Yes, a woman who has no trouble helping herself to someone else's husband, then befriending the wife to get info on their marriage, is just loaded with enough moral scruples to ask first.

It's already been confirmed by Lizzie that the ladies knew about the affair before Shannon did. In fact, I wouldn't hesitate to go as far to say that many in the OC knew about it because they weren't exactly discreet.

Wow, do you all remember that Shannon is the one who was cheated on for 9 months?  As far as I can see, she has never revealed any personal details about this woman, so I have no idea where all the 'Shannon is to blame for EVERYTHING' vitriol. while sympathizing with the Affair, is coming from.

I hope Lizzie is at the Reunion and I hope the affair is discussed.  It made zero sense to me that the entire season no one has made mention of to Shannon other than Vicki.  Since they all knew and they would have known it was Shannon's storyline early on-why didn't anyone come forward?  If they were all discussing it among  themselves without including Shannon that is wrong.

• Love 1

Wow, do you all remember that Shannon is the one who was cheated on for 9 months?  As far as I can see, she has never revealed any personal details about this woman, so I have no idea where all the 'Shannon is to blame for EVERYTHING' vitriol. while sympathizing with the Affair, is coming from.

If you knew Shannon you would be able to figure out who the gal was, regardless of whether or not she gave her name. Just putting it out there that she suddenly came into her life and wanted to be friends, along with giving the exact timeline of the affair would be all that people who were wondering about the identity of the woman needed to put 2 and 2 together. I have no idea if the other ladies knew of her name last season, or just that they knew David was cheating. Either way, she gave enough information in her details that people would put it all together. 

I have never forgotten that Shannon was the one cheated on (how in the world could we forget??? she mentions it ALOT). I feel for her because of this. David is a total d-bag for doing this to her. I get that he is miserable - who wouldn't be living with her? But that is no excuse for cheating. If you are miserable, you get the hell out, you don't put your family through this shit. The fact that he continued the affair once his girlfriend became friends with Shannon is completely unforgivable. I can no longer look at him on the TV with anything except disgust. She, however, has made a different decision. The judgment comes because Shannon is the one on the TV show. She doesn't have to give all of these details. She doesn't have to add to the horror her kids are going through. She could decide to have a little bit of dignity and do everything possible to protect her children from the cruelty of people watching the show. Of classmates. Of teachers. Of coaches. Again, Shannon has made a different decision and for that she is being judged harshly and fairly, IMO. 

I hope Lizzie is at the Reunion and I hope the affair is discussed.  It made zero sense to me that the entire season no one has made mention of to Shannon other than Vicki.  Since they all knew and they would have known it was Shannon's storyline early on-why didn't anyone come forward?  If they were all discussing it among  themselves without including Shannon that is wrong.

I don't see  how it is wrong if they were discussing it without including Shannon, unless they were doing it on camera. Clearly it was decided that they weren't going to "go there" with Shannon and her marriage. Who is to say that they knew anything about the fact that Shannon was even talking about it on camera? They were never there. It might have been part of her storyline, but she didn't involve anyone except Vicki, so I can't understand why the others would be judged for this. If anything, the only shining star in the depressing story that Shannon has put in front of us is the fact that the others don't appear to be gossiping about it behind her back. 

• Love 5

So Shannon should leave the show she enjoys because someone might put the pieces together and publish The Affairs name? Since ya know we certainly wouldn't want The Affair's reputation to be ruined? It's not The Affair's fault she tripped and fell on David's dick repeatedly. It's not David's fault for having His Affair because gosh Shannon's just such a nag anyway. Why won't Shannon just go away and shut up about being cheated on. It was clearly something she brought on herself??

Actions have consequences. If you cheat with a man who's filming a reality tv show these things happen. Shannon doesn't owe The Affair anything. Zip.

• Love 14

If you knew Shannon you would be able to figure out who the gal was, regardless of whether or not she gave her name. Just putting it out there that she suddenly came into her life and wanted to be friends, along with giving the exact timeline of the affair would be all that people who were wondering about the identity of the woman needed to put 2 and 2 together. I have no idea if the other ladies knew of her name last season, or just that they knew David was cheating. Either way, she gave enough information in her details that people would put it all together. 

I have never forgotten that Shannon was the one cheated on (how in the world could we forget??? she mentions it ALOT). I feel for her because of this. David is a total d-bag for doing this to her. I get that he is miserable - who wouldn't be living with her? But that is no excuse for cheating. If you are miserable, you get the hell out, you don't put your family through this shit. The fact that he continued the affair once his girlfriend became friends with Shannon is completely unforgivable. I can no longer look at him on the TV with anything except disgust. She, however, has made a different decision. The judgment comes because Shannon is the one on the TV show. She doesn't have to give all of these details. She doesn't have to add to the horror her kids are going through. She could decide to have a little bit of dignity and do everything possible to protect her children from the cruelty of people watching the show. Of classmates. Of teachers. Of coaches. Again, Shannon has made a different decision and for that she is being judged harshly and fairly, IMO. 

I don't see  how it is wrong if they were discussing it without including Shannon, unless they were doing it on camera. Clearly it was decided that they weren't going to "go there" with Shannon and her marriage. Who is to say that they knew anything about the fact that Shannon was even talking about it on camera? They were never there. It might have been part of her storyline, but she didn't involve anyone except Vicki, so I can't understand why the others would be judged for this. If anything, the only shining star in the depressing story that Shannon has put in front of us is the fact that the others don't appear to be gossiping about it behind her back. 

Actually I was replying to the implication that the viewers (including us) would have easily been able to find out who the woman was via Shannon's 'explicit' details.  Do you know how it was found out here, on PTV?  Someone searched 'David Beador's affair' and an article came up where someone left a comment outing The Affair's name.  Before that, none of us had a clue.

That said, The Affair is a very prominent figure in Orange County, and David is well known due to his thriving construction business, wealth, and the RHOC.  People were talking long before Shannon suspected a thing.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 7

For 1 thing, she, Shannon, revealed that the Affairs daughter joined her daughters/David's basketball team. That alone is a major clue to finding out/revealing what the Affairs name is. AND, YES, Someone here posted a link to her and her info a couple of weeks before the DN article did it, so YES, Shannon has given enough "clues" as to her identity ON camera.

No one here is "blaming" Shannon for David's actions/affair, some of us are tired hearing about it though and feel uncomfortable watching their daughters drawn into it on camera. JMO and YMMV

• Love 2

For 1 thing, she, Shannon, revealed that the Affairs daughter joined her daughters/David's basketball team. That alone is a major clue to finding out/revealing what the Affairs name is. AND, YES, Someone here posted a link to her and her info a couple of weeks before the DN article did it, so YES, Shannon has given enough "clues" as to her identity ON camera.

No one here is "blaming" Shannon for David's actions/affair, some of us are tired hearing about it though and feel uncomfortable watching their daughters drawn into it on camera. JMO and YMMV

Shannon never revealed the affair joined the daughter's basketball team-on the show or otherwise.  All Shannon said was befriended by the affair.  Which one would have to be a great detective to figure out who that would be. Now it is they had conversations at basketball games. I only say that because there are a number of people who Shannon befriended during her new career as a reality star.

I think the name came through a series of comments left on blogs.  I do not doubt that once the identity of the woman was discovered there was a confession or a revelation to the affair's family. The affair's SIL lives very close to Shannon and David.  Shannon had a friend on the show who she claimed she confided extensively. 

I don't think Shannon wanted the woman's name out there because of people who sympathize for the affair and her family and of course that would be Shannon's fault if the affair's name got out there and her family got hurt.  I don't think she wants to give David any reason to have contact with her.  With this franchise if David dumped Shannon they might just pick up with the affair and run with it like they did Allison and Meghan.

I am uncomfortable with the kids discussing their parents' relationship but apparently the kids are not.  Maybe they spent too many months in limbo and wondered where their futures lie.  It is a lesson to all married folks about the ripple effect of infidelity.

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 4

First off, Shannon did not mention or reveal on TV that this woman placed her daughter on their daughter's Basketball team.  The DM article quoted a source as saying that.

Secondly, I posted a link to an article that had clues about her, but did not mention her name. So, we were still clueless as to who she was until someone Googled the affair that very same day, and saw the comment that outed her name.  

None of this was due to anything Shannon said because she never said enough to even remotely help anyone not a part of OC society, easily find out who this woman was.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 5

What details? Telling Vicki the woman befriended her? Telling the RHOC audience that David double dipped (I like that) on her 50th birthday? Wow, there must be some seriously talented sleuths out there because I don't know how I would be able to find out who the affair was via those details.

You are? Yes, a woman who has no trouble helping herself to someone else's husband, then befriending the wife to get info on their marriage, is just loaded with enough moral scruples to ask first.

Wow, do you all remember that Shannon is the one who was cheated on for 9 months? As far as I can see, she has never revealed any personal details about this woman, so I have no idea where all the 'Shannon is to blame for EVERYTHING' vitriol. and sympathy for The Affair, is coming from.

Gawd. I'm OCD with regards to germs. All I could think about when it was revealed that David was with Shannon & the other skank Ho on her bday was that he was double dipping...again...those scenes on Mad Men where Don was with yet another side piece then going home to Betty?!! Yikes. It came to me, a whole new level of double dipping your chip!! Eek.

The only source that I'm aware of, besides the ladies on RHOC, was her name was mentioned in a comments section of blogs and rags when the affair was mentioned. The name was typed for all the world to see by some reader in a comment section. It could have been Shannon (not buying it) Tamrat, one of Shannon's friends OR anyone, like a neighbor, acquaintance/hater of the Affair woman, reporter, grocery store clerk, hotel maid, anyone that knew...and knew exactly who David was and that the lady was not Shannon. Maybe the Affair has stepped out before or has many detractors in her life. I saw the name in the comment section after someone mentioned someplace else that her name was printed there. It took all of 2 seconds to find it, google her name + Orange County and boom, there she was...listed by her company, Linked In, board of trustees, including pics.

It doesn't matter whether Shannon was a good wife or not...cheating is cheating and Shannon and her children, husband and the affairs children are the victims. If you are not happy and can't work things out when you are married, you need to leave and lay it out on the table. If Shannon was a harpy, nag, cold fish, we all get why David was not happy. That doesn't justify bringing Shannon home STDs and telling her she's imagining things. I'm betting that Shannon became a nag for legitimate reasons in the first place...or she was born annoying. Who knows, either way there is no justification for this crap.

I am really questioning the state of our culture and humanity if lots of people think this is acceptable in a marriage. If people really think Shannon's nagging or not cooking potato or not swinging from chandeliers with handcuffs in bed justifies David and the affairs actions, we are in serious trouble. Shannon never agreed to an "open marriage" and she's not agreeing to be like Jackie Kennedy and looking the other way. She is also allowed to expect respect. Maybe that was lacking and what turned Shannon into a shrew. When you are married, keep it in your pants or leave.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 10
Wow, do you all remember that Shannon is the one who was cheated on for 9 months?  As far as I can see, she has never revealed any personal details about this woman, so I have no idea where all the 'Shannon is to blame for EVERYTHING' vitriol. and sympathy for The Affair, is coming from.

I wanted to quote your entire post but thought it may be too much. I do want you to know that I agree with every single word in the rest of this post as well as your other comments included. There is no indication that Shannon disclosed any details at all, and I believe that Tamra and Heather both knew who this woman was.

This woman was well aware that David was on a reality show. Websites likeTMZ and Radaronline are always looking for stories. People are PAID to report this s#$%.

Only a fool would take that chance and expect to remain anonymous. This Nicole person chose to throw her marriage, her husband, her children under the bus and obviously didn't consider the impact when it all went south. She and David are equally foolish and responsible for this entire situation.

• Love 5

I wanted to quote your entire post but thought it may be too much. I do want you to know that I agree with every single word in the rest of this post as well as your other comments included. There is no indication that Shannon disclosed any details at all, and I believe that Tamra and Heather both knew who this woman was.

This woman was well aware that David was on a reality show. Websites likeTMZ and Radaronline are always looking for stories. People are PAID to report this s#$%.

Only a fool would take that chance and expect to remain anonymous. This Nicole person chose to throw her marriage, her husband, her children under the bus and obviously didn't consider the impact when it all went south. She and David are equally foolish and responsible for this entire situation.

Maybe I am just strange, but the only part of Shannon's story that I can at all understand is that she may have wanted to get this gals name out and have her humiliated. IMO that is a very real emotion. I cannot imagine how angry she must be at her. Making sure she is publicly outed makes complete and total sense to me, especially given the fact that the hussy was taking such a chance in sleeping with a man who was filming a reality show. I cannot understand Shannon pressing him for intimate details such as restaurant locations, telling the world about her sorrow on national TV, putting her kids through this hell in such a public manner, or revealing painful realities to the world that he left their marriage bed to bang his side piece. All of these things and more make me think Shannon is at the very least disturbed and probably unstable. The only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is that she was smart enough to make sure the world knew the name of David's side piece. I like her more in thinking she might have done this, and would never be convinced she wasn't thrilled to see her name plastered in the tabloids. Good on her.

• Love 4

We knew very little, if anything, about the Beador's life before they appeared on RHOC. What we do know is the "state of their marriage" has been her (Shannon is the HW reality TV cast member employed by BRAVO) storyline for two seasons. Both parents had to agree/sign-off on including their three young, impressionable daughters on the show. Talk of an affair including speculation, counceling and lurid details have been aired before an international TV audience. The children, trying to sooth their parent's pain from the aftermath of an adulterous relationship was included with parental consent.

David commited adultry knowing full well that he was exposing both Shannon and the girls to public embarrassment, betrayal and humiliation. He obviously wasn't thinking with his big head, didn't care, was a substance abuser or a combination of the aforementioned. He is "solely responsible" for the adulterous behaviour in his family.

We are told by Shannon that sharing the storyline of the affair aftermath publicly might help other marriages suffering from adulterous behaviour. She and David would be a good public example of how to work at keeping a marriage together. I say poppycock because their first and utmost obligation is to their children's wellbeing not educating the audience about their failed marriage and receiving a pay check for it!

As the BRAVO HW employee, Shannon had "sole discretion" over the decision to be part of RHOC with adultry and its aftermath as her storyline. David agreed to participate in the story he created. It is my belief that both David and Shannon made an error when they signed-off on the girls participating in their parent's depressing adult storyline.

I can't stand a third year of their marriage misery...they better move on to a new storyline!!!

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

Did anyone mention Shannon's physical appearance on WWHL?! I saw it the next day. She looked gorgeous! Best I've ever seen her look. She was sitting next to Gretchen, the sex pot, and looked in her element. Beautiful dress, hair and make up. Gretchen looked very pretty, awesome dress and straight hair. I guess that's her new look.

I know someone (or several posters) already mentioned the show, but I'm not sure where it was posted. Shannon was clear she was not speaking to Vicki. Gretchen was trying to counsel Shannon to not fall for the new, improved Tamra. Both David and Slade were in the audience. I was surprised the camera didn't pan to them. It was fun to see Sonja there.

Did anyone see the After show?

• Love 3

Did anyone mention Shannon's physical appearance on WWHL?! I saw it the next day. She looked gorgeous! Best I've ever seen her look. She was sitting next to Gretchen, the sex pot, and looked in her element. Beautiful dress, hair and make up. Gretchen looked very pretty, awesome dress and straight hair. I guess that's her new look.

I know someone (or several posters) already mentioned the show, but I'm not sure where it was posted. Shannon was clear she was not speaking to Vicki. Gretchen was trying to counsel Shannon to not fall for the new, improved Tamra. Both David and Slade were in the audience. I was surprised the camera didn't pan to them. It was fun to see Sonja there.

Damn I missed it !!!! 

My dream in life is that I want to see Shannon looking GOOD instead of haggard and miserable. 

Off to google. 

• Love 2

Calling Meghan...better start to investigate Shannon's medical treatment for her chronic cough. We now know she uses a nebuliser every day and was coughing up black phlegm. She also sees Dr. Moon for assorted ailments. Also why did Shannon have a difficult time balancing herself during exercise class? What's going on with Shannon?

Oh my God, please let next season include a scene of Meghan out to lunch with Heather and Tamra, "So, Jim was in St. Louis  for three weeks, and you guys know how I research like no one's business? Well, I called Dr. Moon's office and I said I had been coughing up black phlegm and the woman who answered the phone said Dr. Moon does not treat black phlegm! If Shannon is lying about the black phlegm, the world needs to know, cuz, you know, justice!"

• Love 8

I saw the after show.  Shannon is guarded-she was a lot more fun with Dorinda.  I agree she looked great.  For some reason RH from other franchises seem to love Shannon.  Maybe she is more real than say a Meghan. 

Shannon not speaking to Vicki seems to stem from something Vicki said to Shannon at the finale.  Brooks is fairly certain Shannon is ticked off because he wouldn't see her world renown doctors.  I think it is because Brooks gave crappy excuses for not going and both he and Vicki talk down to Shannon about her help. 

Most interesting part of the after show, was the bartender is an EP of RHOBH and she said the dailies were great.

Damn I missed it !!!! 

My dream in life is that I want to see Shannon looking GOOD instead of haggard and miserable. 

Off to google. 

Suggest a  new diet to her-one that includes oils and fats. ;)

• Love 5

I thought Shannon looked lovely as well! Much better than stank face Gretchen. I will be curious to see when things turn for her and Vicki. She said she doesn't think they'll ever be friends again, so it must be very serious. It was just the beginning of this season when they were bosom buddies who confided in and trusted only each other. 

• Love 4

I think they have clips on BravoTV so you could probably see Shannon from the WWHL show there. There is a Bravo Instagram pic of Andy, Shannon & Gretchen. Yes, Shannon also looked great on WWHL when she had the red dress when she appeared with Dorinda. I agree, she seems to gel with those NYC ladies.

I'm guessing when she went to see her physical trainer he also gave her a new diet or updated nutrition information.

She seems more open to serving her family other foods that she was avoiding before.

Whatever it is, she needs to keep vamping it up like that during filming!

• Love 2

Why is Vicki so adamant about not having conversations with Shannon about Brooks and freaks out...but when Heather or Tamra try to talk to her she actually participates in the conversation. She still might not be happy to discuss the cancer with anyone, but she has now freaked out on Shannon twice and blew up at Brianna in a way she did not with Heather or Tamra. It leads me to believe that someone is telling Vicki she has to refuse to talk to certain HWs, now it's Shannon. It doesn't make sense because supposedly V & S were much closer than V and anyone else at the time. I get why she flies off the handle with Meghan, but this is different.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 3

Why is Vicki so adamant about not having conversations with Shannon about Brooks and freaks out...but when Heather or Tamra try to talk to her she actually participates in the conversation. She still might not be happy to discuss the cancer with anyone, but she has now freaked out on Shannon twice and blew up at Brianna in a way she did not with Heather or Shannon. It leads me to believe that someone is telling Vicki she has to refuse to talk to certain HWs, now it's Shannon. I get why she flies off the handle with Meghan, but this is different.

Well, I actually think Heather handled it better. She made it about her own behavior (talking about Brooks), let Vicki know right off the bat she was going to say her piece and then drop it, and didn't demand any information from Vicki, and then ended the conversation by telling Vicki that they (Vicki and Heather) were still friends. Shannon was a barrage of never ending questions that she just kept asking even after Vicki had asked her to drop it several times. Shannon really doesn't acknowledge other people's boundaries in conversations. It's all about her need to say whatever is on her mind. Just like at Brooks birthday dinner. Vicki asked her to drop it, but Shannon just can't shut up. I think Vicki and Brooks are full of shit too, but what was the point of that lunch other than for Shannon to get her doubts off her chest?

Ryan is just the worst. He's going to be a deadbeat dad in 3...2...1

• Love 3

Well, I actually think Heather handled it better. She made it about her own behavior (talking about Brooks), let Vicki know right off the bat she was going to say her piece and then drop it, and didn't demand any information from Vicki, and then ended the conversation by telling Vicki that they (Vicki and Heather) were still friends. Shannon was a barrage of never ending questions that she just kept asking even after Vicki had asked her to drop it several times. Shannon really doesn't acknowledge other people's boundaries in conversations. It's all about her need to say whatever is on her mind. Just like at Brooks birthday dinner. Vicki asked her to drop it, but Shannon just can't shut up. I think Vicki and Brooks are full of shit too, but what was the point of that lunch other than for Shannon to get her doubts off her chest?

Ryan is just the worst. He's going to be a deadbeat dad in 3...2...1

Another difference between the Shannon/Vicki and the Heather/Vicki talk was that Heather addressed how this affected VICKI, how the other HWs were worried about VICKI and how any confusion made it look bad on VICKI, in other words, Heather made the conversation ALL about VICKI. Shannon on the other hand, made the conversation ALL about Brooks and herself! Big mistake when dealing with Vicki, it must be about her, even over Brooks. Oh, and Tamra did the same as Heather, keeping Vicki/feelings first and foremost, while Briana put Brooks and herself before her mother. Heather/Tamra, all about Vicki = good response from Vicki, Shannon/Briana, all about Brooks/themselves = angry response from Vicki! LOL

• Love 4

You guys make great points. To get Vicki on your side you have to fill her friendship/giant ego tank to get cooperation.

The luncheon was a disaster, but the bday dinner for Brooks...Vicki was blocking Shannon from the get go. I think it was WireWrap who said the thought is Tamra might have told Vicki Shannon was going to bring up the subject.

• Love 3

Shannon looked great on WWHL.  But boy, did she kind of change her demeanor when she and Gretchen talked during the break about Tamra.  Shannon was all types of tense after that.  She was...pissed.  You could see it in her face, even when playing the game.

• Love 3