Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

1 minute ago, Chicken Wing said:

So, if you disagree with what a person says, don't like what they stand for and do not wish to happen the things they say they will make happen, then, um, why the ever-loving fuck did you vote for them???

Sometimes it seems like it's can be a couple of other things. Like, first there's the possibility that they do actually agree with these things, but when called on it by a decent person they walk it back. Oh no, I don't really believe in a Muslim registry if you're saying it's a terrible thing. Like really they were fine with it because they just hate and fear Muslims but they'll disavow the technicality of the registry if the person makes a fuss about that. But in reality, how upset would they really be if it existed? Maybe not much. It's just a way to dismiss the hysterical liberal.

Also it seems like there's a strange understanding among some voters that when conservative politicians talk about taking things away from people they mean those other people--the white conservative voter will of course be spared. For years there have been people like that railing against Food Stamps for those lazy bastards and when it's pointed out that they themselves are on Food Stamps they say that they deserve it. Like they assume that this idea they have of themselves as different from the average SNAP recipient is evident to the whole world even in a legal sense. 

So somebody who voted to repeal Obamacare might be saying that when he said "repeal Obamacare" she naturally translated it as him saying he was going to take Obamacare away from the lazy people who don't deserve it rather than all those good people like her who just need insurance. 

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

So somebody who voted to repeal Obamacare might be saying that when he said "repeal Obamacare" she naturally translated it as him saying he was going to take Obamacare away from the lazy people who don't deserve it rather than all those good people like her who just need insurance. 

This sounds like my racist in-laws who were happy to have the state pay for speech therapy for their grandchild and even complained that all things weren't covered. 

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Sometimes it seems like it's can be a couple of other things. Like, first there's the possibility that they do actually agree with these things, but when called on it by a decent person they walk it back. Oh no, I don't really believe in a Muslim registry if you're saying it's a terrible thing. Like really they were fine with it because they just hate and fear Muslims but they'll disavow the technicality of the registry if the person makes a fuss about that. But in reality, how upset would they really be if it existed? Maybe not much. It's just a way to dismiss the hysterical liberal.

Also it seems like there's a strange understanding among some voters that when conservative politicians talk about taking things away from people they mean those other people--the white conservative voter will of course be spared. For years there have been people like that railing against Food Stamps for those lazy bastards and when it's pointed out that they themselves are on Food Stamps they say that they deserve it. Like they assume that this idea they have of themselves as different from the average SNAP recipient is evident to the whole world even in a legal sense. 

That reminds me of a poster on here can't remember who that talked about a friend who voted for Christie in New Jersey even though he campaigned on education reform and then when they took the teachers aid away from her kids classroom due to the cuts that Christie made the friend complained that all the kids liked the aid and she didn't think they would be affected, it would be other people. 

Please stand up if that was you.

They always think it's someone else not them. But when there is sweeping reforms it's everyone you you shit heads.

• Love 12

Far, far too much of the vote came from people who understand far, far too little about what exactly they are voting for. From the examples I've been seeing and reading, the amount of people whose vote choice was based on misunderstanding, misinformation, non-information and non-reality is just devastating.

• Love 19

'Donald Trump Jr. is interviewing Interior secretary choices while helping run the Trump business'

http://www.salon.com/2016/12/14/donald-trump-jr-is-interviewing-interior-secretary-choices-while-helping-run-the-trump-business/

It's no surprise that the separation of Donald Trump's businesses and his presidency will NOT be separated at all. Here's Donald Trump, jr. actually interviewing people for the position of Interior Secretary and all the while he and Eric are supposed to be keeping the business side running for their father and not be involved in the decision for cabinet selection.

This is disgusting and going to be getting worse very quickly once he's sworn in. We may see Ivanka in front of the podium addressing the press in briefings more than we'll see any press secretary. We will possibly see Ivanka standing in Donald place at the United Nations, meetings with ambassadors and well, you know..... acting like the President of the US.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 10

If people are starting to see the light about the ACA  I can't wait to see the light bulb moment when Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid start getting talked about and what that means to them. Whoo doggie gonna be some good times then.

• Love 18

Ivanka will HAVE to act as President, because her father is too incompetent to do so.  He will be a titular President, with Ivanka and Putin doing the actual work and handing out the program list of chores to the Cabinet and Congress.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

That reminds me of Craig T. Nelson's infamous interview where he's ranting about welfare and the government supporting people, because they should pull themselves up by their bootstraps like he did.  He actually says how he was on welfare and food stamps and, did anyone help him out?  No, he did it for himself by getting an education.  Hey, he got his.  

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

That reminds me of Craig T. Nelson's infamous interview where he's ranting about welfare and the government supporting people, because they should pull themselves up by their bootstraps like he did.  He actually says how he was on welfare and food stamps and, did anyone help him out?  No, he did it for himself by getting an education.  Hey, he got his.  

I totally almost quoted that story in my post as well. In a nutshell, there it is.

• Love 3

So do the "regular folks" who voted for Twitler (love it) consider that the bazillionaires who largely make up his cabinet got $$ by fucking over the regular folks in the first place?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

This is why I've finally landed on "yes, please, I'll take Pence."  I loathe Pence and every single policy position he holds.  But, I don't think he'll actively ignite a world war.  That's how low the bar is now, thanks to Orange Julius - just don't incite a world war.  

I wonder how long it will be before attendance at these victory rallies is mandatory, and we all have to call him Dear Leader.  I'll assume school will even be closed for the rallies.  It's not like Drumpf and the GOP want the population educated.  

I am so stealing "Twitler."  

This is what drives me insane.  I can handle people having differing political views.  I'm not arrogant enough to think that everyone should think exactly how I do.  That's fine.  But the complete refusal to differentiate fact from fiction makes me want to pull my hair out.  No matter how many times the truth is pointed out or the lie is corrected, they just keep carrying on with the lie. 

I've read that there are at least 3 Republican Senators who are firmly in the "no" camp on Tillerson.  Rubio, Graham, and Paul seem to be pretty solid on going against him.  McCain... I'd like to think he'll stay firmly "no."  He tends to get wishy washy and follow the party line a lot, but once they trip his moral trigger on something, he'll stand up.  I think this Russia issue is hitting his moral trigger, so I don't think he'll just roll over to confirm Putin's BFF to the most significant cabinet position.  I don't think he'll want to roll over and let Putin take charge.  (Plus, he's at the end of his career.  He doesn't need to fear the "RINO" (or, to put it in the terms of the Drumpf cult, "cuck") label at this point.)  

This just confuses me to no end.  I know the GOP is partisan as fuck, but this is blatant, black and white stuff we're talking about here.  This isn't questionable.  They have no cover here to pretend it was a gray area or that the issue was never proved, especially with the D.C. hotel lease.  It's clear - no elected official can be a party to the lease.  As soon as he's sworn in, it's illegal.  The emolument clause is clear.  But the businesses he owns are being treated preferentially by other countries, even before he's sworn in.  Officials in other countries are scheduling events at his properties and staying in his properties when they come to the US, because, in their own words, it would be rude to stay with one of his competitors.  He's going to be financially enriched by foreign officials on a regular basis.  Not to mention that his hotels are basically going to become state run hotels once he takes office.  

Of course, the GOP has their eyes on the Supreme Court.  Drumpf could start murdering and eating babies right now, and they'd roll with it because they want that open spot.  They have no moral boundary that will stand in their way.  

I've seen more than one interview this week with Drumpf voters who are like "oh, he's not really going to repeal Obamacare."  It's like whatever he said he'd do that they like, they're convinced he was being honest.  Anything he said he'd do that they don't like, they're convinced he was just exaggerating.  One woman I saw in these interviews works signing people up for the ACA, so it's literally why she has a job.  She said "oh, he won't repeal it.  He can't.  People have to have insurance."  Um, idiot?  Do you remember WHY we needed to implement the ACA?  Because people didn't have insurance, and the GOP was just fine with that state off affairs.  The only people who pushed for this kind of change were Democrats, most notably, Hillary and President Obama.  But this woman voted or the man who said he would take away the ACA, so not only will it be proven that, no, according to the GOP, people don't have to have insurance, but she'll lose her job.  How do people get to this level of stupid?   If a candidate says that it's on their agenda to get rid of something that is necessary to me (my source of income, my health care, food, water), I'm not going to roll the dice and vote for them, hoping they were lying about that.  I'm going to take them at their word.  

I can't even with Pence. There's no lesser of two evils. Minus the no World Wars. I couldn't except/accept him either. Both are bad. But at least what he tries to get away with can be blocked, so there's that.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, BBDi said:

So do the "regular folks" who voted for Twitler (love it) consider that the bazillionaires who largely make up his cabinet got $$ by fucking over the regular folks in the first place?

Nope, the perspective seems to be that if you're rich it means you've worked hard (like them) and if Trump picked you you're going to use your awesome rich man powers to help them.

I mean, Trump himself has a proud history of not paying honest craftsmen for their jobs so he can have more money for himself. He's going to make decisions on their lives based completely on making himself personally richer. And he's not hiding this stuff. So of course they wouldn't be considering this. The people who screw them over aren't the rich, it's the know-it-alls. The scientists who say climate change is real, the people who say coal isn't coming back, the people who say a strong safety net and fairer taxes for all actually help the country based on evidence.

• Love 12

So I finally saw a good theory as to why the Tangerine Turd met with Kanye yesterday - he wants Kanye to head up his inauguration music.  He probably thinks Kanye is mental enough to agree to round up some musicians and strong arm them into playing at his balls and parades and shite.  And Kanye, poor thing, is pretty much straight out of his 5150 lockdown and probably would agree, if he's on a manic cycle.  Do Twitler and Kanye think they can strong arm Beyoncé into performing?  J-Lo?  Carrie Underwood?  Or will they have to suffer the oral stylings of the K-Dash sisters?  A Kim and Khloe duet?  A Kris solo?  The blended harmonies of all 5 sisters?  Lord help them all.

• Love 18
Just now, Ocean Chick said:

So I finally saw a good theory as to why the Tangerine Turd met with Kanye yesterday - he wants Kanye to head up his inauguration music.  He probably thinks Kanye is mental enough to agree to round up some musicians and strong arm them into playing at his balls and parades and shite.  And Kanye, poor thing, is pretty much straight out of his 5150 lockdown and probably would agree, if he's on a manic cycle.  Do Twitler and Kanye think they can strong arm Beyoncé into performing?  J-Lo?  Carrie Underwood?  Or will they have to suffer the oral stylings of the K-Dash sisters?  A Kim and Khloe duet?  A Kris solo?  The blended harmonies of all 5 sisters?  Lord help them all.

All celebrities to me right now are bitches who will bend over backwards and fall on their knees just like the so called detractor politicians who renounced him. It's all about power and money to them.

I saw Brian Cranston on the Today show. Didn't he say he was going to leave the country if thing was elected? Well here he is saying he hopes he does a good job because that means America will be good. Paraphrasing him. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, millennium said:

I was surprised to see football great Jim Brown on CNN this morning singing Trump's praises, about how all Trump wants to do is help the black community.

And then Kanye West buddying up to him yesterday.

It's bizarre.   Even if you leave out the whole alt-right element of the campaign, they're still cozying up to a man who is determined to destroy the legacy of America's first African-American president.   

And, guess who arranged that little distraction?  "Pastor" Omarosa and the other black pastor pressed for an additional 15 minutes of fame.  Hilarious how Jim Brown and Ray Lewis come out of the woodwork now.  They could have done something for their respective communities years ago without the photo ops with Massa Meringue Mullet.  Has it occurred to Omarosa to demand a real seat at the trough (i.e., cabinet position for which she isn't qualified) that would give her some real power rather than these symbolic gestures requiring high-profile Blacks to act like slaves and pretend that Drumpf isn't who and what he is?

Sorry, Drumpf, I don't care how many sellouts you get to make the pilgrimage to the Trump Tower of Doom.  You will never be anything other than a racist bastard who believes all "the African Americans" live in inner cities with no hope, no jobs and no education and who can't walk down the street without getting shot.  Not all of us live like that.  Hell, not all of us can even dance.  But, most of us know a con--and coons--when we see them.  It's scary how some Blacks are willing to allow themselves to be used to deflect attention from what Drumpf is really doing--and not doing (i.e., daily intelligence briefings, etc.).  Especially some of the same folks who always had the financial resources and clout to provide jobs, build schools, etc. for the very communities they claim to care about.  

#WillNotGoAlongtoGetAlong  #NoYassaBossHere

• Love 11
On 12/14/2016 at 0:18 PM, callmebetty said:

All celebrities to me right now are bitches who will bend over backwards and fall on their knees just like the so called detractor politicians who renounced him. It's all about power and money to them.

I saw Brian Cranston on the Today show. Didn't he say he was going to leave the country if thing was elected? Well here he is saying he hopes he does a good job because that means America will be good. Paraphrasing him. 

Not all celebrities. There are those on Twitter who trash Trump plenty, such as Westworld star Jeffrey Wright:

Trump's not reading intel briefings daily because his name appears in them too much.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, DollEyes said:

Not all celebrities. There are those on Twitter who trash Trump plenty, such as Westworld star Jeffrey Wright:

Ok I'll take back all. I'm in a pissy mood and say shit. It just passes me off. Leonardo DiCaprio is supposed to be the epitome of cool and high ranking actor, who has supermodels I'm sure lined up. He was stupid enough to fall for the things call to the.office. His hubris was so much he thought he could have some influence on climate change with the president elect. Leo your an actor and that is your pet cause yet you fell for it. 

Now if George Clooney shows up at the tower I really am done.

• Love 8

The videos from yesterday's Town Hall in Wisconsin hosted by MSNBC Chris Hayes with guest Senator Bernie Sanders are definitely worth watching, It's interesting to see how people that supported Trump by voting for him had been totally lied to. And, it's okay with them that it was all lies, that's the disturbing part. Here's a video sample

• Love 4
1 minute ago, callmebetty said:

Ok I'll take back all. I'm in a pissy mood and say shit. It just passes me off. Leonardo DiCaprio is supposed to be the epitome of cool and high ranking actor, who has supermodels I'm sure lined up. He was stupid enough to fall for the things call to the.office. His hubris was so much he thought he could have some influence on climate change with the president elect. Leo your an actor and that is your pet cause yet you fell for it. 

Now if George Clooney shows up at the tower I really am done.

If Ellen Degeneres, Michael Moore or Bill Maher shows up smiling and waving as they enter the gold elevators, I'm immediately applying for a Visa to anyfuckingwhere.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Jediknight said:

Graham is a guarantee I'd say.  He's fought Trump the whole way, hell he's been leading the charge.  This is McCain's last run in all likelihood, so he doesn't have to worry about getting elected again, he's been fighting against Trump and his ties to Russia, it seems he's gotten his political balls back.  Rubio right away blasted Tillerson as a choice, so there's hope.

Another thing to consider is Trump's approval rating.  Trump will be going in with a horrible approval rating, some people who voted for Trump are starting to think it was a bad idea, and the CIA leak about Russia has hurt Trump even more.  Trump will always have his diehard supporters, but cracks are forming in his base, and the GOP may see a chance to strike against him.

As for the FBI, Reid is calling for an investigation into Comey to see if he colluded with Trump.  I'd say it's pretty safe to say that Comey did, Guilliani pretty much admitted it on Fox News.

And because I've become such a conspiracy theorist, I would bet dollars to donuts that this is why the Drumpf team gave Ghouliani the heave-ho, much to the chagrin of some Trumpgrets folks who apparently value the ghoul's loyalty over his qualifications and other conflicts.  Since Ghouliani couldn't reign in his smugness during that Fox interview, it may become a problem later if he's subpoenaed and asked about his contacts with the New York field office of the FBI and the rogue agents who were pissed that Comey could find no wrongdoing to justify the mandate to "lock her up!"

• Love 5

Happened upon this, if anyone is interested: http://december19.us

Protest calling for anyone interested to rally at their state capitol on Dec 19 to urge EC voters in their state to not vote for Tubby. 

I won't go near CNN anymore, but it's on the very teevee at my gym that's right above the elliptical I like (the non-squeaky one). I catch a chyron every now and again. I noticed they stopped using BREAKING NEWS and now have IN SUMMARY or something. Ha. You mean it's not urgent every time Tubby slops more vitriol or ignorance out of his blow up doll mouth? K. Anyway, today's IN SUM: "Tubby sez: Paul Ryan is like a fine wine."

OK, I almost fell off the elliptical laughing so hard. More like Old Milwaukee that's been poured into a cheap plastic Solo cup, but hey, Tubby and I would disagree on 99.9999999% of everything else (that 0.000001% being "I don't want to die"), so no surprise that he has no idea what the fuck a fine wine is.

Unless he considers Boonesfarm Strawberry Hill a delicate and rare vintage?

Edited by potatoradio
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

CzfA3fp.jpg

Sandy Hook Dad Mark Barden: ‘Disgusting’ That Trump Advised by Truther Alex Jones

*****Quit calling sick fucks like Alex Jones "truthers."  They're fucking psychopaths.*****

This scandalous lie by Alex Jones really infuriated me. I had just been out of the hospital three days with a total knee replacement. I was getting at home physical therapy for 2 weeks and was in a lot of pain and was in the middle of therapy in my bedroom when programming was interrupted and the news of these horrific shootings was announced. I wanted to throw up. I live 20 minutes from Sandy Hook elementary school, Three of my nieces had attended Sandy Hook years ago. I personally knew one of the teachers murdered.  I saw the children being led out holding onto one another in a chain, some crying, some just in shock. Being local to the event there followed weeks of news and interviews with parents, teachers and emergency personnel. It was so tragic that there's not even words for it. That school has been totally leveled to the ground and a new school has been built.

Within hours after the murders of these 20 children between the ages of 6 and 7 and six adult staff members, there was a renewed outcry and debate about the gun control laws in this country. The debate included proposals for making the background-check system universal, and for new federal and state legislation banning the sale and manufacture of certain types of semi-automatic firearms and magazines with more than ten rounds of ammunition. Nobody wanted gun rights revoked, nobody wanted to prevent any person from owning a firearm, and absolutely nobody wanted the 1st Amendment repealed. The gun lobby won. Nothing has changed in the gun laws, not a thing. I don't know if the vote would have been the same in Congress if it was their 5 year old little girl or boy that was shot to bloody death in cold blood. Fuck you Congress and fuck you Alex Jones, I hope you roast in hell for eternity.

• Love 22
22 minutes ago, Lunata said:

The videos from yesterday's Town Hall in Wisconsin hosted by MSNBC Chris Hayes with guest Senator Bernie Sanders are definitely worth watching, It's interesting to see how people that supported Trump by voting for him had been totally lied to. And, it's okay with them that it was all lies, that's the disturbing part. Here's a video sample

Thanks for posting this. 

Hey lady who works in the factory? Maybe look at the owners of said company who want to line their pockets further for hiring illegals. Illegals they most likely pay less money to and most likely don't  offer health insurance to. 

I agree that tuition shouldn't be free but there has to be someway the cost of college is more affordable. 

If people would open their eyes to the bigger problems of who's really siphoning their money and stop being distracted by the scapegoating. 

And I saw thought Bernie was going to rat out Paul Ryan and his plans to gut social security,etc and privatize it.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, potatoradio said:

Happened upon this, if anyone is interested: http://december19.us

Protest calling for anyone interested to rally at their state Capitol on Dec 19 to urge EC voters in their state to not vote for Tubby. 

I won't go near CNN anymore, but it's on the very teevee at my gym that's right above the elliptical I like (the non-squeaky one). I catch a chyron every now and again. I noticed they stopped using BREAKING NEWS and now have IN SUMMARY or something. Ha. You mean it's not urgent every time Tubby slops more vitriol or ignorance out of his blow up doll mouth? K. Anyway, today's IN SUM: "Tubby sez: Paul Ryan is like a fine wine."

OK, I almost fell off the elliptical laughing so hard. More like Old Milwaukee that's been poured into a cheap plastic Solo cup, but hey, Tubby and I would disagree on 99.9999999% of everything else (that 0.000001% being "I don't want to die"), so no surprise that he has no idea what the fuck a fine wine is.

I'd recommend copying and pasting that link on every social media site anyone has access to. Post it on not only  Trump's twitter feed, but Kellyanne Conway, and all his surrogates. There may be some Trump supporters who still follow these feeds that may be having second thoughts and will also lend a voice to their electors to change their votes.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, callmebetty said:

Thanks for posting this. 

Hey lady who works in the factory? Maybe look at the owners of said company who want to line their pockets further for hiring illegals. Illegals they most likely pay less money to and most likely don't  offer health insurance to. 

I agree that tuition shouldn't be free but there has to be someway the cost of college is more affordable. 

If people would open their eyes to the bigger problems of who's really siphoning their money and stop being distracted by the scapegoating. 

And I saw thought Bernie was going to rat out Paul Ryan and his plans to gut social security,etc and privatize it.

Colleges and corporations wouldn't allow it to be 'more affordable'. That's the problem. They have an aversion to fair taxation that would possibly help fund it/make it more affordable.

Some examples of some countries that have free or almost free college.

Source: washingtonpost.com

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

And, guess who arranged that little distraction?  "Pastor" Omarosa and the other black pastor pressed for an additional 15 minutes of fame.  Hilarious how Jim Brown and Ray Lewis come out of the woodwork now.  They could have done something for their respective communities years ago without the photo ops with Massa Meringue Mullet.  Has it occurred to Omarosa to demand a real seat at the trough (i.e., cabinet position for which she isn't qualified) that would give her some real power rather than these symbolic gestures requiring high-profile Blacks to act like slaves and pretend that Drumpf isn't who and what he is?

Sorry, Drumpf, I don't care how many sellouts you get to make the pilgrimage to the Trump Tower of Doom.  You will never be anything other than a racist bastard who believes all "the African Americans" live in inner cities with no hope, no jobs and no education and who can't walk down the street without getting shot.  Not all of us live like that.  Hell, not all of us can even dance.  But, most of us know a con--and coons--when we see them.  It's scary how some Blacks are willing to allow themselves to be used to deflect attention from what Drumpf is really doing--and not doing (i.e., daily intelligence briefings, etc.).  Especially some of the same folks who always had the financial resources and clout to provide jobs, build schools, etc. for the very communities they claim to care about.  

Waitaminute! Ponderosa organized that shit?!?!? Drumpf probably convinced her it would solidify her role as director of African-American outreach, as in 'keep her basic ass out there reaching for something she'll never get'. Her real job? Keep bringing the thirsty.

Damn fools.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, potatoradio said:

won't go near CNN anymore, but it's on the very teevee at my gym that's right above the elliptical I like (the non-squeaky one). I catch a chyron every now and again. I noticed they stopped using BREAKING NEWS and now have IN SUMMARY or something. Ha. You mean it's not urgent every time Tubby slops more vitriol or ignorance out of his blow up doll mouth? K. Anyway, today's IN SUM: "Tubby sez: Paul Ryan is like a fine wine."

More like Boone's Farm Country Kwencher.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, callmebetty said:

If people are starting to see the light about the ACA  I can't wait to see the light bulb moment when Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid start getting talked about and what that means to them. Whoo doggie gonna be some good times then.

I'd like to think so, but Ryan has already stood up and started talking about getting rid of Medicare - and he has a plan to do it.  And yet, no one seems to be the least bit concerned. 

I guess with all the Russian election hacking, daily fucked up Cabinet appointee announcements, the parade of people visiting Trump tower, the daily conflicts of interest revelations, and Trump's Daily Lies, no one can keep up with all the crap being shoveled on a minute-by-minute basis to focus on any one thing.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, izabella said:

I'd like to think so, but Ryan has already stood up and started talking about getting rid of Medicare - and he has a plan to do it.  And yet, no one seems to be the least bit concerned. 

I guess with all the Russian election hacking, daily fucked up Cabinet appointee announcements, the parade of people visiting Trump tower, the daily conflicts of interest revelations, and Trump's Daily Lies, no one can keep up with all the crap being shoveled on a minute-by-minute basis to focus on any one thing.

They've all been telling us (everyone) exactly what they are going to do but they are not taking it seriously. 

But when they've budgeted for a certain amount and one day ( and that day will come) they check their account and they are now short and checks are bouncing and they can't afford their Dr appt or medication then they'll know and they'll take it seriously.  But it's too late by that point.

• Love 10

Good to know that when I'm forced to retire due to age (there will be no choosing to retire here, as I won't be able to afford it) and there's no Medicare and I can't afford insurance or meds, my insulin-dependent diabetes will kill me in a rather painless way.  Good luck to the rest of y'all.

• Love 8

By the time most people under the age of 50 reach retirement age, there will no longer be Medicare or Social Security.

Social Security benefits are now expected to be payable in full on a timely basis until 2037, when the trust fund reserves are projected to become exhausted. At the point where the reserves are used up, continuing taxes are expected to be enough to pay 76 percent of scheduled benefits. Thus, the Congress will need to make changes to the scheduled benefits and revenue sources for the program in the future. The Social Security Board of Trustees project that changes equivalent to an immediate reduction in benefits of about 13 percent, or an immediate increase in the combined payroll tax rate from 12.4 percent to 14.4 percent, or some combination of these changes, would be sufficient to allow full payment of the scheduled benefits for the next 75 years.

Social Security was created during the Franklin Roosevelt presidency as part of his New Deal. It was meant to be a retirement fund paid for by taxing workers on their wages. Social Security was placed in trust funds. These trust funds were meant to protect this money from being used by the government for other programs. But George Bush pillaged the Social Security trust funds to the tune of 1.37 trillion dollars. He used it to fund his big tax cuts for the rich, and much of it was spent on the war in Iraq.

In 1982, the assets of the larger trust fund (OASI), from which retirement benefits are paid, were nearly depleted during President Reagan's administration.  No beneficiary was shortchanged because the Congress enacted temporary emergency legislation that permitted borrowing from other Federal trust funds and then later enacted legislation to strengthen OASI Trust Fund financing. The borrowed amounts were repaid with interest within 4 years.

We have a Social Security system that relies on income taxes on wages. Both the employer and employee pay FICA tax on wages. If less people are employed, and if there's less operational companies then there's less taxes contributed to S.S.  Donald Trump doesn't think that the minimum wage should be increased.

• In an interview with MSNBC in August 2015, Trump said, "Having a low minimum wage is not a bad thing for this country."

• During the Republican debate in Milwaukee in November 2015, Trump said wages are "too high" and, when asked whether he would raise the minimum wage, said, "I would not do it."

These are tax evading billionaires telling US that our wages are too high and we are going to have to pay more in taxes, take less Social Security and cut Medicare out and hand out health care vouchers.

newsscard.jpg

I'm sick

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 23
9 minutes ago, Lunata said:

By the time most people under the age of 50 reach retirement age, there will no longer be Medicare or Social Security.

True, if Republicans have their way. But they need to stop lying about Medicare.  It is NOT going backrupt and not in the red in terms of the future like the (raided) SS.   Medicare has proven itself as one of the best managed government programs ever, not at all at risk of insolvency.

The worse thing about Medicare that I can figure is that Republicans keep cutting benefits and cutting payments to doctors. But it doesn't have to be that way. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

Far, far too much of the vote came from people who understand far, far too little about what exactly they are voting for. From the examples I've been seeing and reading, the amount of people whose vote choice was based on misunderstanding, misinformation, non-information and non-reality is just devastating.

Really. We laugh at those Brits who googled "Brexit" and "EU" after it passed and they'd voted for it. "Oh, it takes us out of the EU? But I like being in the EU!"  To quote Rick Perry (soon to be heading the department he campaigned on abolishing), "Oops".

I laughed at that, but how many millions of Americans voted for Trump in the same way?

• Love 14

I feel a line from Pirates of the Caribbean could be used here about the Constitution: 

Elizabeth: Wait! You have to take me to shore. According to the Code of the Order of the Brethren...

Barbossa: First, your return to shore was not part of our negotiations nor our agreement so I must do nothing. And secondly, you must be a pirate for the pirate's code to apply and you're not. And thirdly, the code [Constitution] is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Miss Turner .

We no longer have any protections, do we. And no one with any sort of power is going to do a damn thing about it. 

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/14/media/reince-priebus-trump-administration-white-house-press/index.html

• Love 3
2 hours ago, callmebetty said:

They've all been telling us (everyone) exactly what they are going to do but they are not taking it seriously. 

But when they've budgeted for a certain amount and one day ( and that day will come) they check their account and they are now short and checks are bouncing and they can't afford their Dr appt or medication then they'll know and they'll take it seriously.  But it's too late by that point.

Exactly.  And, it's not as if Paul Ryan has been hiding his agenda either.  It's been out there in plain sight ever since the hapless Governor Romney tapped him to be his VP pick.  It was a thing of beauty to watch VP Biden eviscerate that smug little weasel during their one debate.  NYT columnist Dr. Paul Krugman constantly chides the media and the inside-the-Beltway chatterers for trying to make "Paul Ryan the policy wonk" a thing.  Dr. Krugman doesn't mince words when it comes to Ryan:  He's a fraud.  His numbers never add up and always contain numerous asterisks beside them.  He can never fully explain how he is going to pay for those tax cuts because he knows somebody's benefits are going to get cut to make that happen.  He couldn't explain it during his debate with Joe Biden in 2012, nor could he explain which tax deductions would be eliminated (for the middle and working classes) to pay for the tax cuts.  He couldn't do it then and he can't do it now because he knows voters would string his sorry ass up if their mortgage tax deductions, etc. were snatched away from them to satisfy Ryan's corporate masters.

Anyone who makes his entire staff read Ayn Rand's tome to selfishness, Atlas Shrugged, is a french fry short of a Happy Meal.  Apparently, she was the reason Paul Ryan claimed he got into public service.  Of course, like the self-serving weasel he is, he later disavowed Rand's philosophy in 2012.  I remember when he was loudly booed repeatedly throughout his speech at the AARP convention in 2012.  He received the loudest boos when he claimed that the ACA "turned Medicare into a piggybank for Obamacare."  Undaunted, the fool continued, “I had a feeling there would be mixed reactions."  No, asshole.  The reactions weren't mixed.  They weren't happy and loudly told you so and even shouted, "NO!" several times.

Seniors had enough sense back then to not buy into Ryan's bullshit and realized that he was setting up his mandate to repeal Obamacare.  So, what in the name of all that is unholy did some Drumpf voters think was going to happen if got elected?  Did they think Ryan and his henchmen would change their minds?  They gambled on two premises.  The first being that they would spend the next 4 years obstructing everything Hillary wanted to do and drumming up witch trials for public consumption.  The second premise was holding out for the possibility that there were enough suckers to ensure that Drumpf could pull off the ultimate con.  Once he was in place, they knew they could really act a fool then since those same suckers gave them a "mandate" to not only repeal the ACA, but to also repeal or weaken FDR's New Deal.

Well, guess which of those gambles paid off.  #YouGotWhatYouVotedFor

• Love 22
11 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Anyone who makes his entire staff read Ayn Rand's tome to selfishnessAtlas Shrugged, is a french fry short of a Happy Meal. 

FUCKING PERFECT

ETA:  I've always wondered how he could reconcile his devotion to Rand w/ his supposed staunch Catholicism.  My family is Catholic, and what was always pounded into my head while growing up up (through Catechism) was charity & good works.  I mean, I know...people use faith in all sorts of ways.  It's just that his brand of Catholicism just doesn't match my family's.  

Edited by Duke Silver
  • Love 13