Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

SimoneS

After watching that, I think Trubel would have had to have moved her position for the second shot, and she could have because she wasn't shown, only Juliette being hit.  What I'm thinking about now is the FBI agent's "get her".  It seems like there would be no reason to "get" Trubel, since the two of them were in contact via phone in a seemingly cooperative (or maybe coercive) manner.  I'm now leaning toward Juliette being the target. 

I know it's TV and I know anything can happen and the attitude from the people involved seems off for having just killed a major character/series regular. However, that scene played liked a true death, not a gotcha/cliffhanger "death" like Renard last season. This ending felt like a wrap up of Juliette's story (as crappy as it was).

But, I guess only time will tell.

It's so poorly done, it's so hard to tell what they're trying to do.  According to the interviews, this is supposed to 'go darker', but that's not exactly reliable coming from them.

Why ya gotta ruin my summer?  I think she's dead and I can't hear anything else with my fingers in my ears.

If they go darker, and I'm not sure how much darker they can go, it won't be the fun show I fell in love with.  I can see Nick going in two different directions.  We could get an angsty man painy guy, or we can get a bring it, you can't take anything else away from me so now you have a hard ass, kick ass crank, live with it.  I think they'll find a middle ground.  I think we'll have Nick turning very Grimm in more ways than one.

• Love 1

Why ya gotta ruin my summer?  I think she's dead and I can't hear anything else with my fingers in my ears.

If they go darker, and I'm not sure how much darker they can go, it won't be the fun show I fell in love with.  I can see Nick going in two different directions.  We could get an angsty man painy guy, or we can get a bring it, you can't take anything else away from me so now you have a hard ass, kick ass crank, live with it.  I think they'll find a middle ground.  I think we'll have Nick turning very Grimm in more ways than one.

Responding in the wishlist thread....

"Darkness" itself isn't really the problem, but if they want to try to play up angsty manpain then it's more than likely going to be even more problematic.

(edited)

I don't know if this is an actual spoiler, but it kind of sort of might be, so I'll post it here.  I'd rather accidentally post a non-spoiler with the spoilers than post a spoiler someplace where people weren't expecting it.

I just saw the list for Comic Con and it says the entire cast will be there and then lists them by name and Bitsie Tulloch is NOT on the list.  So, who knows?  Maybe she really is gone...or maybe they don't want to show their hand and are keeping her under wraps until after her fate is determined in season 5 (hoping for scenario 1)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/05/comic-con-2015-show-attendance-table.html

Edited by OtterMommy

The write up for the panel is pretty interesting as well

NBC’s hit Friday night series “Grimm” returns to Comic-Con, featuring an exclusive sneak peek from the upcoming fifth season’s premiere episode. Nick Burkhardt has faced some insane obstacles from becoming a zombie to losing his abilities as a Grimm; however, all this pales in comparison to not only losing his mother but having the love of his life die in his arms. How will Nick cope? Will he find any solace with his new child with Adalind? Join your fellow “Grimmsters” for a panel filled with Wesen, season five themes, and of course, a Q&A session with the cast: David Giuntoli, Russell Hornsby, Silas Weir Mitchell, Reggie Lee, Sasha Roiz, Bree Turner, Claire Coffee, and executive producers/writers Jim Kouf, David Greenwalt and Norberto Barba.

Italic - very, very interesting

Bold - No, no, no, please no!

Why shouldn't Nick find solace his child? That would be pretty heartless to reject his child because the mother is Adalind. He doesn't need to have a romantic relationship with Adalind and I don't think that is being implied.

Why shouldn't Nick find solace his child? That would be pretty heartless to reject his child because the mother is Adalind. He doesn't need to have a romantic relationship with Adalind and I don't think that is being implied.

I'm going to reply to this in...the wishlist thread?  I think that's the best place....

(edited)

Replying in the wishlist thread.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Good news!  Juliette is apparently well and truly dead!

Bad news...they are determined to try and force this Nick and Adalind parenting crap.  Sigh.  I love babies...except in Grimm.  

I agree with the above posters that the fact that they (they=the people who write and create this show) STILL don't know what the story of the keys is at this point in the game is troubling, to say the least.  The other hints are tantalizing, although I find it a little worrisome that the only mention of Monroe was in a teaser involving Rosalees storyline.  I had hoped they would bring him back to the forefront.

• Love 2

YAY for well and truly dead Juliette.  That's enough to get me to give the next season a try anyway.  Fantastic news about the stupid royals taking a break this season.  But...Adalind will have *two* babies now, right?  The teasers only mention Adalind and the baby (singular). 

• Love 2

YAY for well and truly dead Juliette.  That's enough to get me to give the next season a try anyway.  Fantastic news about the stupid royals taking a break this season.  But...Adalind will have *two* babies now, right?  The teasers only mention Adalind and the baby (singular). 

Yeah, I noticed the reference to "baby" and not "babies."  If it weren't for the comment about Nick's "crazy co-parenting," I would have held out hope that baby #2 just..didn't happen.  I guess, instead, Adalind might just forget about Diana, who she has been obsessing about for over a year....

I guess, instead, Adalind might just forget about Diana, who she has been obsessing about for over a year....

Probably still MIA after being passed around, so she'll probably focus on keeping this baby this time around.

The other hints are tantalizing, although I find it a little worrisome that the only mention of Monroe was in a teaser involving Rosalees storyline.  I had hoped they would bring him back to the forefront.

Sounds more like some cute moments here and there but mostly playing second fiddle to Nick/Adalind being co-parents.

Why?!  Why can't I ever catch a break with the freaking babies?!  

CC has already given birth, so why couldn't Adalind's child with Nik be stillborn?  Damn.  I am really starting to hate cute babies and that is a shame!   I am tired of baby stories in general, since I watch General Hospital and that show has been on baby overload for way too long.

• Love 2

Why?! Why can't I ever catch a break with the freaking babies?!

CC has already given birth, so why couldn't Adalind's child with Nik be stillborn? Damn. I am really starting to hate cute babies and that is a shame! I am tired of baby stories in general, since I watch General Hospital and that show has been on baby overload for way too long.

Losing his motherx girlfriend and baby in the span of a few weeks? They want Nick on an anger/revenge kick, not suicide watch. LOL
  • Love 1

Why?!  Why can't I ever catch a break with the freaking babies?!  

CC has already given birth, so why couldn't Adalind's child with Nik be stillborn?  Damn.  I am really starting to hate cute babies and that is a shame!   I am tired of baby stories in general, since I watch General Hospital and that show has been on baby overload for way too long.

In a perfect world, this baby thing would never have happened...but it did happen.  While I think a still birth would make sense (keep in mind, while Adaind was pregnant she suffered a major ass-kicking by Juliette AND consumed a potion that caused a reaction violent enough to supposedly shut down her hexen side), I think that might be a bit too much for the viewers.  If it were up to me, I'd play the Nick-is-not-the-father card.  They could still keep the baby around, let Adalind wallow in single motherhood for a while, then let Renard swoop to rescue her (since he is the most likely father) and then let THEM become a power couple.  It sounds like Renard is going to be political anyway, at least from the SDCC panel, and Adalind has the makings of an interesting political wife.

Lawd, no more Renard with Adalind!  No.  Just, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fine.  Let Nik adjust to being a father for a few months and then let the kid die of natural causes during February sweeps!

Lawd, no more Renard with Adalind!  No.  Just, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fine.  Let Nik adjust to being a father for a few months and then let the kid die of natural causes during February sweeps!

I started to reply to this here, but decided it would be a better fit in the Wishlist thread....

(edited)

No mention of Trubel, I wonder if she was only on board in the last episode for the purpose of taking out Juliette? 

Speculation on my part...but it could be that Nick might be a little bit miffed about Trubel being the instrument that took out his girlfriend (even though said girl friend treated him like dirt, coordinated the murder of his mother and, just hours before, cheated on him in his bed.  But, you know, this show has been known to "forget" certain plot points when convenient).

Or, Chavez might just whisk her away to her X-men school for Grimms.

ETA: Said girlfriend also burned down the man-trailer.  How could I forget about that one?  Also, in case anyone hasn't seen this...here is the montage for SDCC: 

https://youtu.be/2yYPvNfweZw

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

Speculation on my part...but it could be that Nick might be a little bit miffed about Trubel being the instrument that took out his girlfriend (even though said girl friend treated him like dirt, coordinated the murder of his mother and, just hours before, cheated on him in his bed.  But, you know, this show has been known to "forget" certain plot points when convenient).

Or, Chavez might just whisk her away to her X-men school for Grimms.

ETA: Said girlfriend also burned down the man-trailer.  How could I forget about that one?  .

It's a good bet that Nick will be suffering plenty of angst over Juliette's death, but I would suspect he would have to target himself in the blame game more so than Trubel.  Juliette wouldn't have done what she did if not for him being a Grimm, and her participation in re-Grimming him.  Maybe Trubel has to move on because she is needed elsewhere and would be redundant in Portland.  I do believe Chavez was referring to Trubel when she said "Get her", so maybe she will be whisked away, or escape and be on the run. 

I would suspect he would have to target himself in the blame game more so than Trubel.

Actually, he should blame Adalind most of all, because it was her shenanigans that ultimately led to Juliette's and his mother's deaths.  That's the biggest problem I've had with this child thing -- Adalind is a horrible, horrible person. Yes, she lost her first child, but she conceived and bargained away that child to regain her powers.  She gets them back, then loses them again to test the potion.  They've neutered her that way and by making her a passive character who only reacts, but that hasn't redeemed her in any way.  The co-parenting storyline better be hostile, not cutesy.

If it were up to me, I'd play the Nick-is-not-the-father card.  They could still keep the baby around, let Adalind wallow in single motherhood for a while, then let Renard swoop to rescue her (since he is the most likely father) and then let THEM become a power couple.  It sounds like Renard is going to be political anyway, at least from the SDCC panel, and Adalind has the makings of an interesting political wife.

Oooh, I like this.  Really, I'd like any storyline where Nick is not the father.  Or, alternatively, Adalind goes away somehow someway and leaves Nick as a single parent.

• Love 1

Actually, he should blame Adalind most of all, because it was her shenanigans that ultimately led to Juliette's and his mother's deaths.  That's the biggest problem I've had with this child thing -- Adalind is a horrible, horrible person. Yes, she lost her first child, but she conceived and bargained away that child to regain her powers.  She gets them back, then loses them again to test the potion.  They've neutered her that way and by making her a passive character who only reacts, but that hasn't redeemed her in any way.  The co-parenting storyline better be hostile, not cutesy.

Word!

One of the many, many things that really irritated me at the end of this season was the blatant pass that Adalind was given on EVERYTHING!  Everyone seems to not only have forgiven, but forgotten, everything she's done in the past and, even worse, they seem to accept THEIR blame by her as to what a mess her life has become.  

Frankly, I'd really like to see Season 5 start with Nick leaving the house of death, heading over to Bud's, and telling Adalind that she has 10 minutes to disappear or he's bringing out the battleaxe.  It won't happen, of course, but a girl can dream.

• Love 1

One of the things David Giuntoli said at the ComicCon panel was that Nick lost everything, his girlfriend, his mother, and something else that we will see in the first episode.  I'm wondering if that is not his job.  I don't know how they would handle that, it's pretty important to the structure of the show, and maybe he was hinting at something else entirely.  Maybe the house. 

It better be the house.   If he loses his job, there goes the whole basic premise of the show.   I tuned into a show about a COP who discovers he has this special power and how he deals with that.    I did not tune into  As the Grimm Turns.

• Love 2

I can't see how it would be his job.  There really hasn't been anything to warrant him losing it.  Well, there has, but it was either done on the down-low or Renard "took care of it."  I hope it is the house...and is that a bad thing?  I mean, it is a nice house--but it has been the site of how many violent brawls AND his mother's head is in the corner.  (And, not to mention the fact that everyone in the neigborhood was murdered just hours before).

I did not tune into  As the Grimm Turns.

Hee hee...truer words were never spoken (or typed)....

I can't see how it would be his job.  There really hasn't been anything to warrant him losing it.  Well, there has, but it was either done on the down-low or Renard "took care of it."  I hope it is the house...and is that a bad thing?  I mean, it is a nice house--but it has been the site of how many violent brawls AND his mother's head is in the corner.  (And, not to mention the fact that everyone in the neigborhood was murdered just hours before).

Hee hee...truer words were never spoken (or typed)....

I don't think it will be his job that he loses, not permanently anyway because it would change the show too much.  But then I didn't think Juliette would really be dead, either.  He could realistically be suspended or put on desk duty while Juliette's murder is investigated (and of course the neighborhood carnage).  I don't see how Renard can easily mop this up this time, a cop's significant other is murdered in his home, neighbors are wiped out.  Trubel could also be what he referred to, she was missing from Comic.con panel, but she is not a thing.

As to the soapiness, sorry, we're going to stay awash in it.  Dead mother and girlfriend, hexenbaby on the way, yeah, the Grimm world is turning.  Alas.

I don't think it will be his job that he loses, not permanently anyway because it would change the show too much.  But then I didn't think Juliette would really be dead, either.  He could realistically be suspended or put on desk duty while Juliette's murder is investigated (and of course the neighborhood carnage).  I don't see how Renard can easily mop this up this time, a cop's significant other is murdered in his home, neighbors are wiped out.  Trubel could also be what he referred to, she was missing from Comic.con panel, but she is not a thing.

I was thinking how it might be Trubel, but I can see it being his job (temporarily) as you describe.  Whenever a cop is involved in a fatality in PDX, they are put on paid administrative leave just as a practice.  By that, I'm not sure when Nick ever works, but oh well.  I mean, the deaths of the 2 most significant people in his life in the space of 2 hours is more than enough to warrant leave (paid, even!) from his detective job.

• Love 1

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/34406/first-look-grimm-season-5/

Thoughts:

1 - Ugh..just ugh.  If I wasn't in serious eye candy withdrawals, I would give this show up.

2 - As much as I'd love for Adalind to bite it in childbirth, there have pictures taken by people around town of shooting showing Adalind pushing a baby carriage.  So, we're stuck with her (for at least a while)

3 - While I still think Nick-is-not-the-father is probably the only good outcome of this, I have a feeling that, if anything, they are going to go with Adalind-is-not-the-mother.

4 - If they ship Nick and Adalind, I AM out of here!

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 3

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/34406/first-look-grimm-season-5/

Thoughts:

1 - Ugh..just ugh.  If I wasn't in serious eye candy withdrawals, I would give this show up.

2 - As much as I'd love for Adalind to bite it in childbirth, there have pictures taken by people around town of shooting showing Adalind pushing a baby carriage.  So, we're stuck with her (for at least a while)

3 - While I still think Nick-is-not-the-father is probably the only good outcome of this, I have a feeling that, if anything, they are going to go with Adalind-is-not-the-mother.

4 - If they ship Nick and Adalind, I AM out of here!

I think it's pretty telling that this is the very first pics that we're getting for the season.

• Love 2

Do we know for sure that the baby survives?

There have been pictures taken by people who have seen them shooting around Portland and they've seen Adalind pushing a stroller.  Since the cameras were rolling, we know that it wasn't just a case of Claire taking Cal for a walk.

• Love 2

There have been pictures taken by people who have seen them shooting around Portland and they've seen Adalind pushing a stroller.  Since the cameras were rolling, we know that it wasn't just a case of Claire taking Cal for a walk.

That and interviews keep mentioning Nick and Adalind taking care of their baby, so that pretty much tells us that it's going to be the focus for much of the season unfortunately.

So, I just came across this article that talks about Grimm Season 5 and it mentions an upcoming sequel? I haven't been in this thread for some time but is there gong to be a sequel/spin-off (and I really don't know if this was already posted, but if it was, then I am sorry for double posting this story)?

"Grimm" fans may still have to reel themselves from the shocking finale of season 4. But the cast and crew of the NBC series are currently preparing to take the viewers through a roller coaster of events in season 5.

The show ended with the death of two major characters from Nick Burkhardt's (David Giuntoli) life - his mother Kelly Kessler Burkhardt (Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio) and lady love Juliette Silverton (Bitsie Tulloch). But the two cast members could probably have important roles to play in the upcoming sequel.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/grimm-season-5-spoilers-nick-reunite-kelly-kessler-juliette-silverton-643799

So, I just came across this article that talks about Grimm Season 5 and it mentions an upcoming sequel? I haven't been in this thread for some time but is there gong to be a sequel/spin-off (and I really don't know if this was already posted, but if it was, then I am sorry for double posting this story)?

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/grimm-season-5-spoilers-nick-reunite-kelly-kessler-juliette-silverton-643799

Really?  I mean, I've heard fans talk about wanting a spin-off of some sort (possibly with Trubel) and I read one interview with DG where he very vaguely hinted that he'd like something like that, but this is the first "official" word I've heard of it.

But...here I'm going to a little cynical...Kelly?  Juliette? How exactly are they going to do a spin-off with two DEAD characters?  Or are they going (big, dramatic, disappointed sigh)..bring them back?  I mean, I can understand a spinoff with Trubel.  It would make far more sense to have her in a spin off than keep her on Grimm where she really doesn't serve any purpose. I could also understand a spinoff with Meisner because he is hot and, really, that's enough to get me to tune in.  But Juliette and Kelly?  

• Love 1

I would watch Meisner and Kelly, but not Trubel or that insipid Juliette.  No, just, nooooooooooooooooooooo!  I would rather watch a show with prancing stuffed animals before another round of Juliette or Trubel!

• Love 2

Really?  I mean, I've heard fans talk about wanting a spin-off of some sort (possibly with Trubel) and I read one interview with DG where he very vaguely hinted that he'd like something like that, but this is the first "official" word I've heard of it.

But...here I'm going to a little cynical...Kelly?  Juliette? How exactly are they going to do a spin-off with two DEAD characters?  Or are they going (big, dramatic, disappointed sigh)..bring them back?  I mean, I can understand a spinoff with Trubel.  It would make far more sense to have her in a spin off than keep her on Grimm where she really doesn't serve any purpose. I could also understand a spinoff with Meisner because he is hot and, really, that's enough to get me to tune in.  But Juliette and Kelly?  

I have two words:

Ghost Kelly!

Really?  I mean, I've heard fans talk about wanting a spin-off of some sort (possibly with Trubel) and I read one interview with DG where he very vaguely hinted that he'd like something like that, but this is the first "official" word I've heard of it.

But...here I'm going to a little cynical...Kelly?  Juliette?

Teresa would be a natural choice for a spin-off.  It could be a darker version of Grimm.  (I wish that Grimm stayed true to its fairytale roots.  It fails as a dark show.)

I don't know about resurrecting Kelly.  The writers need to deal with their screw up.  I don't know how they can explain resurrecting a beheaded person without sounding silly. 

No more Juliette.  The last half of S4 was all about Juliette's drama to coddle Tulloch's ego.  I can't imagine building an entire show about her bland, lifeless--excuse me, badass--character. 

As great as those two words are, there are two more words that suck the undead life out of it: Ghost Juliette!

Even dead, I can see Juliette sucking the life out of being undead.  If that makes sense. 

Edited by spaulding
  • Love 1

Resurrecting a beheaded Kelly is easy.  1) A woman from the Resistance that looked and sounded like Kelly is the one that brought Diana to the house, otherwise, how do we explain Meisner being on the helicopter ready to take Diana to safety?  Meisner met Kelly when the two helped Adalind escape Vienna and developed a bond since they both work with the Resistance and want to protect Diana.  The duo obviously kept in touch once Kelly left Portland with Diana.  2) Diana was obviously in on the plan, because she kept asking, "Where's my Mom"?... and could have meant Momma Kelly and not the Resistance chick that looked like Kelly.  3) Everyone will assume the beheaded woman is Kelly and not run a DNA test.  4) We see a new scene of Kelly, Meisner and Diana (looks just like Eric!) during season 5.

Edited by Darklazr

Resurrecting a beheaded Kelly is easy.  1) A woman from the Resistance that looked and sounded like Kelly is the one that brought Diana to the house, otherwise, how do we explain Meisner being on the helicopter ready to take Diana to safety?  Meisner met Kelly when the two helped Adalind escape Vienna and developed a bond since they both work with the Resistance and want to protect Diana.  The duo obviously kept in touch once Kelly left Portland with Diana.  2) Diana was obviously in on the plan, because she kept asking, "Where's my Mom"?... and could have meant Momma Kelly and not the Resistance chick that looked like Kelly.  3) Everyone will assume the beheaded woman is Kelly and not run a DNA test.  4) We see a new scene of Kelly, Meisner and Diana (looks just like Eric!) during season 5.

You know, I could *almost* be on board with all this except for on thing: the one critical element, it was someone OTHER than Kelly who was beheaded, has already been done.  That is what happened the first time she "died".  To do it again is just...a letdown.  Although, to be honest, I'm still trying to figure out how Meisner fits into all this (not that I'm complaining, of course!).  Having him work with Kelly makes the most sense, but that would bring into question her actual death.  The other option would be that he was working with Renard, which is possible, except that Sean did look pretty deflated when Hank told him the king had escaped with Diana.  Of course, he could have been acting....or he could still be reeling from the rubber bullets.

In either case, this is one thing they had better clean up in season 5--preferably with lots of screen time for Meisner.

Wouldn't Nick know that the head he saw wasn't his own mother?  I don't know. It seems cheap if Nick can't tell his mother from someone that looks like her.  Unless it's a twin situation, I find that hard to believe,   Then again, this is a show where people turn into beasts, so, I suppose I can't ask it to be realistic.

Wouldn't Nick know that the head he saw wasn't his own mother?  I don't know. It seems cheap if Nick can't tell his mother from someone that looks like her.  Unless it's a twin situation, I find that hard to believe,   Then again, this is a show where people turn into beasts, so, I suppose I can't ask it to be realistic.

Word.  I mean, to me, it could have been Kelly's head or it couldn't have been (apparently the props department isn't THAT good), but both Nick and Hank were immediately convinced that it was her--and it was a situation where, I guess?, a  person's mind would first start trying to explain the situation.  You know, what's this head doing in this box?  It looks like my mom, but it couldn't be.....  Yet, both characters immediately knew it was Kelly, so I can't see how it CAN'T be Kelly.

And, as I said, a show can only resurrect people from the dead and presumed dead so many times, and Grimm has already met its limit.  Decapitation is a pretty convincing form of death and I'm not sure how they'd get around it--AGAIN!--for Kelly.

• Love 1