Type keyword(s) to search

Candace Cameron Bure

spiritof76
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Hi guys! Never started a topic before, but I noticed Candace didn't have one and I had something to share that didn't seem to fit anywhere else.

So Candace replied to a few tweets of mine this weekend. I believe some of us had been talking about how she had been kind of cagey on the show as to if she was supporting Donald Trump. She made it clear that Hillary was a no go, but as we know there are lot's of conservatives, especially evangelical Christians that are refusing to vote for Trump as well.

So I was bored the other night and happened to see a tweet that she ha re-tweeted. It was Ted Cruz's endorsement of Donald Trump. So that seemed to answer the question for me. Without even thinking, I dashed off a quick tweet. (Ok It wasn't such a quick tweet. LOL!) Well imagine my surprised when she tweeted back.  Can't say I'm surprised about how she replied. I did tweet her back and let her know that I am both pro-choice and a Christian, which may make her head explode. I also told her I look at the issues too (she seemed to be implying that I didn't) and my issue is racial justice and on that Trump's rhetoric and record is clear. I also pointed out that up until 15 months ago Trump was very publicly pro-choice and had donated thousands of dollars to Planned Parenthood, cause I'm super petty like that. Lastly I pointed out that there is a reason that the African-american community very rarely votes for the GOP and not for nothing our community has the highest rate of church attendance of any group (It's been polled). Maybe I took her response wrong, but she seemed to be implying that as a Christian there was only one party to be for. I just wanted to point out that a community (that she may not be that familiar with) that also holds their faith dear, has repeatedly come to a different conclusion. I don't expect to hear back from her.

Anyway I wasn't sure where this would go so I'm sharing here.

Tweet 1A.png

Tweet 2A.png

Tweet 3A.png

Tweet 4A.png

Tweet 5A.png

Tweet 6A.png

Tweet 7A.png

Edited by spiritof76
Probably need to remove my tweeter handle and name. Not that I'm anyone important.
  • Love 16

What religious liberties will a liberal Supreme Court take away from her?  Her right to tell me what I can do with my body, based on her personal religious value system?  Because that is the only "religious" thing that I know of that is potentially going to change. 

GAH.  I don't know how she reconciles the fact that Trump has always supported abortion until recently because he needs single-issue voters like her to support him.  Is she simply incapable of critical thinking?   

Never mind, I already know the answer! 

Nice effort, spiritof76.  If only someone could get through to her and all the other people who are falling for Trump's scheme to trick them into voting for him by pretending to share their religious convictions.  It is hard to believe there are so many people are as gullible as she is, but apparently there are. 

• Love 15

What is funny is that I have read some online blog posts, from some pretty conservative people, very religious, explaining why they just could not support Trump. His crudeness. The way he treats women. His racism and bigotry. Heck , the way he has treated his family. Some have even explained why they will support Hillary instead despite her view on abortion. Now some admittedly have just decided they can't support either one and I can get that. That is at least staying true to what you say, you value (decency, values, etc.) For some crazy reason, I thought Candace might fall in that category. I figured if she was really for him she would be full throated in her support of him on the show. Instead, she just usually perks up to down Hillary when she gets a chance. There were a couple of times they were discussing Trump (I think his divorces) when she said she didn't need to know anymore about him. I thought (wrongly) that might have meant she wasn't so fond of him. That's what I get for assuming! I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

There were a couple of times they were discussing Trump (I think his divorces) when she said she didn't need to know anymore about him. I thought (wrongly) that might have meant she wasn't so fond of him. That's what I get for assuming! I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. 

I took those kinds of comments from Candice to mean she didn't want to hear anything that would make it harder for her to support Trump.  She is voting based on one issue, and all other considerations be damned.

It must be nice to only have one thing to think about when deciding who to vote for.  It must make it so much simpler, lol. 

6 minutes ago, abstractstuff said:

Bash Christianity all day with no qualms of the hypocrisy. Then in turn, be all mad and shouting racism to people speaking truth about the poison that is flooding in. 

I'm not entirely sure I follow your post.  But if I am understanding you correctly,  I will say I'm not bashing Christianity.  I am just uncomfortable with the idea that in a country with freedom of religion as one of its core, founding principles, I should be expected to live my life according to the religious values of other people.  And that is what I see Candice being in support of.  She could be of any religion and I would be unhappy with her for thinking that the rest of society should live their lives by her religious tenets.

• Love 12

Celia!! *kicks your coffin* My point is that Candace is pretty tame in her beliefs. She really is. She does bring it up.. But if it was a brown skinned woman preaching her rights and beliefs, she would be praised over and over again. 

Hey, lay off my pine box!  It's pretty rickety and I have to spend eternity in it! 

I have to say that I don't I agree that if Candice were a woman of color the things she says would be okay.  It wouldn't matter to me I promise you. My opinion that she is a judgmental, sanctimonious brat who thinks her way is the right way and should be the law of the land would be the same. 

• Love 18

I don't see it Celia.. I just don't.  I don't think Candace has been that bad. Of COURSE she is pro-life.  I just also cannot imagine anyone coming here to gloat about  taunting another woman about her belief system if she was anything but a white Christian. 

(edited)

No taunting involved. I asked her a real and sincere question. Respectfully. As a fellow believer. She gave me her answer. I didn't agree with it. I'm allowed. I just wanted to point out that there is a wide array of thought in the Christian faith. She talks about her thought process as a Christian and voting often on the show and I was curious to know her thought process regarding supporting Trump. She told me. Now I know. I would have asked the same of Sherri or Star (both Christian women of color) if they said they were supporting Trump. And if they gave the answer she gave, I would have felt the same.  

Edited by spiritof76
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, abstractstuff said:

I don't see it Celia.. I just don't.  I don't think Candace has been that bad. Of COURSE she is pro-life.  I just also cannot imagine anyone coming here to gloat about  taunting another woman about her belief system if she was anything but a white Christian. 

I don't think it's Candice's belief system per se that is of concern.  Rather it is her limited focus on one issue to the exclusion of all other issues that gives pause - issues which one might expect someone who so strongly identifies as a Christian to care about. But Candice only seems to care about abortion. She doesn't want to hear about all the other things about Donald Trump that fly in the face of traditional Christian values. Honoring marriage and women, loving his brother, not judging others ... not to mention allegations of lying, cheating, etc.  All those things are peripheral issues that Candice seems to prefer to ignore.  But if she is going to talk about why she cares so much about one aspect of her Christian values on TV, she should realize that people may want to know why other aspects of her Christian values are going by the wayside.

For that reason I don't think there is anything wrong with someone respectfully engaging her in a dialogue about the subject the way spiritof76 did. There was no taunting imo, just a perfectly polite and respectful exchange.  The fact that Candice responded suggests to me that she had no problem with how she was being spoken to.  I am sure if she felt any hostility she would never have responded.  And I don't feel like anyone was gloating, either... I for one am glad spiritof76 took the time to share her exchange with Candice in a matter-of-fact way and not only shared her impressions but the actual tweets as well so people could draw their own conclusions. 

• Love 21

I say bullshit to all of it. Trump's awful character doesn't make him anything a Christian should vote for or any other self respecting person either.

Candace is following Ted Cruz's lead probably and Cruz was probably promised something from Trump for his endorsement. Much like Rudy. Much like all of the hypocrites who have now endorsed him. They've got to know damn well that Trump is a terrible human being and has no qualifications for running the country. But to benefit themselves they sell their soul to the devil.

• Love 17
14 hours ago, abstractstuff said:

Bash Christianity all day with no qualms of the hypocrisy. Then in turn, be all mad and shouting racism to people speaking truth about the poison that is flooding in

I'm confused. What is this "poison that is flooding in"? What does that mean?

• Love 5

Ain't that the truth, NextIteration. Sherri has been and is bashed pretty heavily on this forum. I'd bet more than half the posts in the Former Hosts topics mock her.

I'm not giving Candace a pass. Abortion has been LEGAL in this country since the 1960's. How can you honestly justify supporting a misogynist, racist idiot like Trump based on an irrelevant issue like that one? As for the religious liberty nonsense--all she's concerned about is her "right" to oppress other people with her religion being taken away. No liberal, politician or otherwise, is going to stop her from practicing her religion.

• Love 10

I'm an atheist.  How would CCB feel if I got up in her face and talked about my (non)beliefs and how they affected every single decision I have ever made?  And then whined about how I feel like I'm being persecuted because I can't make other people share my beliefs.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

... I'm not giving Candace a pass. Abortion has been LEGAL in this country since the 1960's. ...

Technically, abortion has been legal under federal law only since January 22, 1973, when Roe v. Wade was decided.  Prior to that, it was legal to some extent in some states but not all -- under the Supreme Court's decision, abortion is legal in all 50 states (subject to the restrictions in that decision & those following it).

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Ain't that the truth, NextIteration. Sherri has been and is bashed pretty heavily on this forum. I'd bet more than half the posts in the Former Hosts topics mock her.

I'm not giving Candace a pass. Abortion has been LEGAL in this country since the 1960's. How can you honestly justify supporting a misogynist, racist idiot like Trump based on an irrelevant issue like that one? As for the religious liberty nonsense--all she's concerned about is her "right" to oppress other people with her religion being taken away. No liberal, politician or otherwise, is going to stop her from practicing her religion.

Exactly! When I got up to go to church Sunday morning nobody stopped me. I wasn't looking over my shoulder scared someone was going to keep me from praying. I was however looking over my shoulder hoping the police didn't pull me over. 

• Love 6

Reminder: talking about Candace Cameron Bure and The View is on topic. Using her views as a launching pad for political and religious discussion is off-topic. Please stick to CCB's work and opinions. Thank you.

• Love 2

I was disgusted by her quickness to say to Joy "that adds to the divisiveness" (not sure the real quote) after Joy said she basically ready to hold Donald's feet to the fire. Does Candace just want us to love Trump until he does something horrific that we have to disavow him for? No, he had the entire campaign to reassure us and be more presidential but no he just played to his insane base. I will also hold his feet to the fire for the next 4 years especially after he tried so hard to get black & progressive voters to his side... so Candace I hope you really love that Supreme Court!!!!

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 5

Too bad Joy didn't say that she wanted to make sure that Drumpf followed through on his promises. ...so BAB couldn't  argue--or think fast enough to figure out if that was a slam or not.  Idiot BAB.  I dont think i can watch the show with her on it anymore.  The uber-religious thing is sickening to me--because it's just so small-minded and exclusionary. Like Drumpf.

I'm depressed. Watched Rachel Maddow and the protests and that helped.  She may be my uplifting spirit, as long as she just talks to me and keeps the Drumpf video bits to a minimum. I just cannot stand any more of him.  I don't think I can watch much news either --without a ready trigger finger on the mute or change channel keys, when he or his family or cronies  come  on.  I developed a bad cold yesterday to today but I think it's compounded by this nauseating news. 

A 3rd grader at school was worried today that he would have to move to Mexico...even though he was born here. 

Edited by Tosia
Feeling yucky in mind, body, and spirit.
  • Love 8

This election just proved to me how full of shit she is. How is she going to say she teaches her boys not to make sexist comments and touch girls in an inappropriate manner but turn around and vote for a man that did all of that and basically spits on her religious beliefs. All because he promises to pick judges based on her policy beliefs but can't be trusted cause he lies like he breathes.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

This election just proved to me how full of shit she is. How is she going to say she teaches her boys not to make sexist comments and touch girls in an inappropriate manner but turn around and vote for a man that did all of that and basically spits on her religious beliefs. All because he promises to pick judges based on her policy beliefs but can't be trusted cause he lies like he breathes.

EXACTLY! As long as someone sets in motion the end of Roe v Wade, she's apparently fine with whatever other loathsome hateful things he does. Everything else gets a pass. I gather that she is probably on board with anything barring/overturning gay people from being married. She married who she chose, so all is good. ..... for her...

Edited by ari333
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

EXACTLY! As long as someone sets in motion the end of Roe v Wade, she's apparently fine with whatever other loathsome hateful things he does. Everything else gets a pass. I gather that she is probably on board with anything barring/overturning gay people from being married. She married who she chose, so all is good. ..... for her...

I think she is actually worse than Elisabeth.  Must be nice to have a perfect life and never have to worry about anyone telling you how to live your life.  Oh wait, I forgot, she thinks not being able to make everyone accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior is people telling her how to life her life.  Oh the poor thing is just so persecuted.

• Love 15

I have a dear friend (female) who is an Episcopal priest with a doctorate in theology.  Not only does she not bother people with Jesus talk, but she is infinitely more open minded and accepting of other views than BAB.  Why is it that BAB and her ilk think they have better insight into God's mind than the rest of us?  Just opening the Bible and going to church on Sundays does not make one a theologian.  

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I have a dear friend (female) who is an Episcopal priest with a doctorate in theology.  Not only does she not bother people with Jesus talk, but she is infinitely more open minded and accepting of other views than BAB.  Why is it that BAB and her ilk think they have better insight into God's mind than the rest of us?  Just opening the Bible and going to church on Sundays does not make one a theologian.  

THIS!!!!

I gather that some religions require their folks to recruit new members. What I find annoying is when people stop me, grab my arm, and try to force their religion down my throat while I am out for a little walk for exercise. I wonder what makes them think I'm in the market for a new religion? Someone actually stopped me and announced, "You need to be saved." How dare she! She doesn't know me.  

"We'll pray for you!"

"Fine. Just let go of my arm."

I get the feeling that everyone must believe what CCB believes bc ...well.... clearly she is right and everyone is wrong,  misguided and going to hell.

Here's an idea How about live your life with compassion, love, acceptance, understanding, and tolerance, and keep the blabbing to a minimum.

CCB: "I just want to UNDERSTAND!"

No, I don't think so.

• Love 9

How would BAB react if someone walked up to her and said I would like to talk to you about denouncing God as your lord and savior?  She would probably consider it on par with an assault. 

Well I feel like I'm being assaulted when I have to hear about other people's religious beliefs and am told mine (or lack thereof) is wrong.

And if you find it so overwhelmingly imperative you constantly tell people about your faith then maybe your faith isn't as strong as you think it is. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

How would BAB react if someone walked up to her and said I would like to talk to you about denouncing God as your lord and savior?  She would probably consider it on par with an assault. 

Well I feel like I'm being assaulted when I have to hear about other people's religious beliefs and am told mine (or lack thereof) is wrong.

And if you find it so overwhelmingly imperative you constantly tell people about your faith then maybe your faith isn't as strong as you think it is. 

I"ll take further stories and rants to small talk thread, but I want to add this . There's something that additionally (in addition to the arm grab and telling me that I need to be saved)  makes me so damn mad. My bf works hard and long hours. He has Sunday, sometimes Saturday to sleep in and rest. They come beating on our door and I do mean BEATING. It wakes him up and he cant get back to sleep. Finally I answered the door and said loudly " Don't you EVER knock on this door again." Ok maybe these wont come again, but someone else will. I'm going to get a sign.  

I guess this is why CCB's rhetoric resonates negatively with me. Stop shoving it down my throat.

• Love 4

CCB will never stop proselytizing because her religion requires them to try to inform/save others, including fetuses--unfortunately for the rest of us.  

Better to confront/inform  her that other religions feel theirs is also the one,  true religion ( as I was taught in Catholic school years ago), and ask her how she feels --or would feel-- when others want to convert her.  

Also, I would love to ask CCB for direct,  specific ways that she had been persecuted or ever stopped for practicing her religion.  

And how has she helped any orphaned/abandoned  children.  

Nope. All vapid talk from a privileged, uneducated, sheltered white woman. Some view.  

• Love 11

Years ago my late husband and I were ambushed by a family friend and her husband about needing God in our lives and how we needed to come to their church.  We calmly listened to them and then my husband  asked them about the dinosaurs.  He wanted to know where they were in the  Bible.  They didn't have an answer.  I asked them what made them believe their God was the right God as opposed to other religion's Gods.  All they could say was because our God is the only one.  Then my husband brought up evolution and they realized we were a lost cause.

• Love 6
On 11/15/2016 at 11:20 AM, fishsanwitt said:

Candace is a sheltered, privileged, ignorant, white woman who needs to not spew lies every time she opens her mouth.

She's probably not lying intentionally.  She's someone who has lived her entire life reading scripts handed to her and saying her lines.  She doesn't have any critical thinking skills and seems happy to spout anything her "trusted" religious-political handlers give her to memorize.  Ignorance is bliss...and sometimes dangerous.  She does have an argumentative streak but we can sometimes see her frustration when she doesn't have appropriate information to continue the fight.

• Love 7
On 11/11/2016 at 0:21 PM, ari333 said:

I'm going to get a sign.

There are very affordable magnetic signs available at VistaPrint.  Fun to design. I have one on my security screen door asking that deliveries be put on a small table because we have a day sleeper (no knocking).  We also have one we add during political campaigns that ask that no one knock or ring the bell.  The only people who knock/ring are those who apologize profusely as they walk away because they noticed the sign too late...or those who don't read English (we're in Arizona and have many hard-working people who speak English well enough but cannot read or write it).

• Love 3

"Celebrate good times.. come on!"

"Oh happy daaaay... oh happy day...."

"Happy days are here again, the skies above are clear again... let's sing a song of cheer again.... "

Ok you get my drift.

And Fuller House can bite me.. hard.

• Love 4

Thank you jesus, mother mary, allah,, mohamed, buddha, moses, sri ramakrishna.... I feel Im leaving someone out. Thank you,the universe.

CCB is out!

I wonder if she got canned and they allowed her to save face with that super mom story.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Thank you jesus, mother mary, allah,, mohamed, buddha, moses, sri ramakrishna.... I feel Im leaving someone out. Thank you,the universe.

CCB is out!

I wonder if she got canned and they allowed her to save face with that super mom story.

You know what? I actually believe this one. She's got like fifty-eleven jobs. On top of not actually living in the city where the show is taped. This was just never a sustainable set up for her or the show. So she probably is the one who made the call, but I doubt the show put up much of a fight trying to keep her.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

You know what? I actually believe this one. She's got like fifty-eleven jobs. On top of not actually living in the city where the show is taped. This was just never a sustainable set up for her or the show. So she probably is the one who made the call, but I doubt the show put up much of a fight trying to keep her.

I see your point. I'm petty. I prefer to believe that she was canned. It soothes me :-)

• Love 3

Wow! People are dropping like flies on The View. But good riddance. She created this image of being so pure of a Christian that she couldn't feel comfortable with curse words, dirty jokes, or sex talk. But then she had no qualms about voting for a groping, sexually predatory, racist, narcissistic sociopath. Bye byeee Candace!!

Edited by bluemosaic
  • Love 17