Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I'm with you ... is that the blonde girl who is front and center on cover?  I think blonde tall Heather is prettier; Mandy has weird sized eyes that's made even odder looking with very black eyeliner.

I think the girl you're referencing is Maggie..I think. Heck IDK.

5 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Guys, Bess said that Claire is 28...

Wow! I thought she was like, 23 lol  I so wish we'd been able to learn more about her, both Bess and Kashara called her their 'favorite human', she must be awesome but she was so under the radar.  

• Love 3
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Wow! I thought she was like, 23 lol  I so wish we'd been able to learn more about her, both Bess and Kashara called her their 'favorite human', she must be awesome but she was so under the radar.  

There are a few photos where I did think she looked older. Unless Bess was joking about her being 28 idk.

Claire being 28 doesn't surprise me. I also wouldn't be surprised if someone said she was 23 or 24 honestly. I don't think there's a huge difference some people's looks between 23 and 28. Maybe it's just that most of my friends are around that age - just a tad older - and while we look a bit older, I don't feel like we look all that different than we did 5 years ago. 

Now, I also feel like nowadays, high school kids seem to look older than me (there's something in the water lol) so maybe Im not the best judge.

3 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

oh yeah, no clue who this girl is ... Maggie was who I was thinking about.

How old is Mandy?  She's got some eye wrinkles goin' on!

I think she's late twenties. Never noticed eye wrinkles. She looks great. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, I remember Mandy being late 20s and one of the older ones along with Kelli. 

I didn't even recognize her tho in the pic Holly posted of them on IG...:-/

Omg you're right...had no idea that was Mandy.

HER BOTTOMS ARE TOO LOW. 

Edited by heatherrrrz
On 3/27/2017 at 6:15 PM, AnnMichele said:

Umm. . . . yeah.  I think I have to pick my jaw up off the floor after this shot.  Can I PLEASE look like Kelsey when I grow up?  Stop laughing over there, I said "when I grow up", not when I "grow out" (as in my hips, waist, and gut).

• Love 4

The photos so far from Bimini have been great. Tasha looked amazing, Kelli is sooo cute, Erica, Stephanie and Kashara are WOW and Kelsey is literally stunning.  Very impressed so far by the scenery and photography.  Gonna be very difficult to narrow down the best shots.

• Love 3

I was thinking about the fashion show too, wonder if they're going to do one. It's different in Bimini than Mexico, there's a different feel to the shoot this year. I wish they would film it for the show.

On 3/27/2017 at 7:16 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Less. Is. More.

Unless we're talking about bikini bottoms!

On 3/28/2017 at 5:11 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Kelsey is a weak dancer but she'd sell calendars. I'd love to see her come back and get the cover.

I don't think anyone can go through the audition process, training camp, and rookie year and be a weak dancer. Maybe not quite the dynamo as others, but weak? Nah.

10 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

They should do a Fan Favorite with the calendar.  Let the fans pick one of the pics.

Fan vote chooses the cover.

• Love 3

We get to vote for the Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine Swimsuit cover, but not the swimsuit calendar cover. We can also vote for Sidelines Calendar photos. Simone did look a little softer in her pictures from the other day, so she may be on the bubble if she does not lose the weight before finals. Kelsey, imo, made the team because of her looks and not her dancing skills. Remember Candice Romo was saying she could care less if Kelsey could dance because she has the looks to keep fans and men watching her. She better bring her veteran A++ game to finals because she is probably on the bubble because I do not think Kelli and especially Judy were happy about bringing her on the squad.

I don't think Simone really looks soft or like she's gained weight. A lot of people said she looked soft when calendar pictures started coming out last year too, but she has never had the super ripped look or visible abs like some of the girls.

I do however think that in a few of her pictures, Kashara looks like she has put back on a tiny bit of weight in her midsection, and maybe in her butt/legs as well. She still looks great, but I just remember her struggle with weight as a rookie and how she really slimmed down. I think she will be fine, but you never know.

• Love 1

Kelsey isn't the strongest dancer, but she seems like someone whose dance inexperience is more visible in a training camp setting, when she's being asked to learn a new dance each night, not necessarily when she's only asked to learn one new dance for tryouts and has time to practice. I could be wrong, but she doesn't strike me as someone who won't be able to learn the tryout combination or pull together a decent solo. Of what we were shown, those were not complaints about her in the past - it was all interview issues. As long as she makes it through the interview and holds her own through the dances, I don't see why they would cut her. 

I also think it's ok for different girls to bring different things to the team, as long as they can make it through the dances without causing a problem. I'm sure they wish everyone was like Erica, who is gorgeous and an amazing dancer, but I think it's fine to have an Allie who has a boxy figure and average looks but is a wonderful dancer and a Kelsey who brings the glamour but isn't the best dancer, and a Jenna who is very pretty but still young looking, but also a top-notch dancer/performer, and so on and on. 

• Love 7

For what it's worth (and maybe nothing lol) on the DCC IG the pic of Kelsey on the yacht and the pic of Kelli in the pink bikini have the most 'likes' out of ALL the other Bimini pics.  Kelsey's has like 5100 already and Kelli's is over 5k.  

• Love 5
21 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Stephanie is so gorgeous but she's seriously got a lazy eye in this picture... who's posting these pics?

I believe it. This picture is bad all around.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Kelsey isn't the strongest dancer, but she seems like someone whose dance inexperience is more visible in a training camp setting, when she's being asked to learn a new dance each night, not necessarily when she's only asked to learn one new dance for tryouts and has time to practice. I could be wrong, but she doesn't strike me as someone who won't be able to learn the tryout combination or pull together a decent solo. Of what we were shown, those were not complaints about her in the past - it was all interview issues. As long as she makes it through the interview and holds her own through the dances, I don't see why they would cut her. 

I also think it's ok for different girls to bring different things to the team, as long as they can make it through the dances without causing a problem. I'm sure they wish everyone was like Erica, who is gorgeous and an amazing dancer, but I think it's fine to have an Allie who has a boxy figure and average looks but is a wonderful dancer and a Kelsey who brings the glamour but isn't the best dancer, and a Jenna who is very pretty but still young looking, but also a top-notch dancer/performer, and so on and on. 

1. And on the field. Unfortunately, I can point her out in a crowd as having a little less "pop" than the rest.

2. Because she isn't. She'll NAIL her solo.

1 hour ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I like tasha so much more without makeup!

Same!

Edited by LadyMsJay
14 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I believe it. This picture is bad all around.

1. And on the field. Unfortunately, I can point her out in a crowd as having a little less "pop" than the rest.

2. Because she isn't. She'll NAIL her solo.

Same!

She's had a year to learn the routines though (at this point) so assuming she maintains her beauty, figure and solo skillz, she seems like she would make it back on the squad no?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

The vets only have a few days to learn the finals dance, and Kelsey did seem to have problems learning dances during TC last year. Girls in the past who struggled during TC were cut at finals the next year because they were still struggling while performing the finals performance dance. If someone like Kelsey cannot learn at least one dance in TC and struggles during the season, chances are she will be cut at finals. Morgan, Breelan, and Ashley Pro are perfect examples of girls who did not have the total dance package at finals and were shown the door. Plus the fact, a vet, imo, should not make it back on the team if she does okay in at the interview stage and holds her own through the dance part on the field. She needs to prove she can dance, look good, and have a decent conversation with the general public. Looks are all fine and dandy, but a vet without the total DCC appeal has a slim chance of making it back.

16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Does Stephanie have a tattoo on her ankle/foot?  I wonder if they'll photoshop it out.

Sigh ... this is bad positioning.  She looks so much bigger and taller than the others and I'm sure it's just the position / pose.  Unfortunate

54 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Simone is in a few of the pictures, and she does look softer by DCC standards. Kelli has a good looking behind compared to a lot of the other girls. It is nice to see some curves on a few of the girls instead of no hips/thin/boyish hips and flat looking bottoms.   http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/03/25/dcc-calendar-shoot-day-2-biminibliss#415066

IMO that picture of Simone is a bad pose. The other pictures I've seen of her this year, her midsection has looked the same as always to me. Agree to disagree I suppose. I think Simone has always been a bit of a dance risk and she is one who will always be on the bubble at audition time, but I just don't think it will be for figure/weight this year.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Does Stephanie have a tattoo on her ankle/foot?  I wonder if they'll photoshop it out.

Looks like it, and Kelsey also has one on her wrist that's been visible in a few shots. I think if they were going to be photoshopped out they probably would have already, since the photos have already been touched up, but who knows. Maybe it's just a basic touch up and they'll do a more involved photoshop later on.

• Love 1

I don't think these are the final photos for the shoot. I'm pretty sure these are just the ones that were taken by the DC photographer.

22 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Stephanie is so gorgeous but she's seriously got a lazy eye in this picture... who's posting these pics?

Yeesh. I've always been team Stephanie. I think she's absolutely beautiful, but this is a TERRIBLE picture. Seriously, her eyes are giving me Sloth ("The Goonies") vibes. That's bad.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

The vets only have a few days to learn the finals dance, and Kelsey did seem to have problems learning dances during TC last year. Girls in the past who struggled during TC were cut at finals the next year because they were still struggling while performing the finals performance dance. If someone like Kelsey cannot learn at least one dance in TC and struggles during the season, chances are she will be cut at finals. Morgan, Breelan, and Ashley Pro are perfect examples of girls who did not have the total dance package at finals and were shown the door. Plus the fact, a vet, imo, should not make it back on the team if she does okay in at the interview stage and holds her own through the dance part on the field. She needs to prove she can dance, look good, and have a decent conversation with the general public. Looks are all fine and dandy, but a vet without the total DCC appeal has a slim chance of making it back.

Kelsey struggled in training camp when she was being asked to learn a new dance (dances which are longer than the tryout combination) every night and/or perform it on the spot. That's very different than having a couple of days to learn one dance, but if she can't learn it, then of course she should be cut. I just havent see anything to suggest that she can't. 

As for Morgan, Breelan, and Ashley Pro, all had issues at tryouts, Morgan was late for her interview (and was generally unimpressive), Breelan had gained weight, and Ashley Pro got lost in a combo on the field. Obviously, if Kelsey shows up late, out of shape, or looks awful in the dance, then she's not going to make it back. I'm not arguing that she definitely won't get cut (one or two vets probably will), but I'm just not sure what reason there is to suspect that she's gonna show up and not be able to keep up at this point. Maybe Kelli and a Judy will undercut her and her chances with the other judges, but if it's just a matter of getting the votes, the judges (especially the male ones) have liked her in the past. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 5

I'm sure Lauren could shed some light on Kelsey's struggles in training camp but I feel like she's said they were less than the show seemed to show.

Honestly, while Kelsey probably struggled the most of anyone who made it last year, I don't think she struggled nearly as much as Morgan, Ashley Pro, or Emily in training camp, but you never know with editing. Morgan especially seemed like she was a huge liability for the team because she couldn't remember the choreo and would completely blank out at times. Ashley Pro also just seemed like a bad dancer. She always looked like someone whose dance training consisted of learning a few eight counts of dance as part of competitive cheerleading routine. 

• Love 2

The judges including the male judges who like Kelsey are not the deciding factor when it comes to the girls making into TC. Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte make the final decision. In the case of Kelsey, I think a big part of the reason why she made the team was the fact the theme of Season 11 was the comeback girls, and Charlotte was more interested in bringing Kelsey in than Kelli and especially Judy were. Judy seem to lose her patience a lot with Kelsey, and Kelli seem not to be interested in her either (given the pesky editing going on.) I often wonder if certain girls are brought into TC or make the team by the skin of the teeth so Judy, Kelli and Charlotte can say yes we gave them a chance at least once, cut them in TC, bring them on the team for at least one season, and they are cut at finals the next year because we were not really sure they are DCC material. And to be honest about, I would rather see Kelsey on the team than Morgan, Ashley Pro, Kaitlyn LaRue or Breelan. I think Kelsey is lovely, but I do not see the total DCC package in her. In otherwords, if she does make the team again, in the words of Kelli, it is a gift.