Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

I doubt we'll be able to come up with any universally loved former or current DCCs, but trying to think of some of the most well loved ones since the show started, off the top of my head...Nicole Hamilton, Ashton Torres, Whitney Isleib.

Unpopular opinion, probably, but I did not like her.  At all.

3 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I love Cassie. I was being facetious and saying she's one that everyone loves. ?

Oh lmao, I thought you were saying that everyone dislikes her.

9 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Mine is that I didn't see the fuss over Brooke *ducks flying tomatoes*

• Love 2
2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I mean, it's just how it is. And I guess, K&J, mission accomplished. Kelli's the one who's always pushing repping the fan base, and clearly we all have our favorites. Wonder if there's one DCC we all agree on...negative or positive LOL!!! ONE. Brooke Sorenson?

I thought she was a great performer, but had an annoying personality. Little to gross and masculine to me, like she'd be one of those girls who would burp and fart and just do gross 12 year old boy stuff, then give that Beavis and Butthead laugh 

41 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

I didn't like Ashton either. Good dancer, but not amazeballs make me faint good. I also thought she had terrible implants, and was way too overdone. Hair too black, teeth too white, tan too orange, just very fake looking.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

quitecontrarymoni, have you ever watched the show "Homeland"?  Claire Danes' character has this giant bulletin board with all these bits and pieces of information about terrorist cells and she connects the information with a magic marker.  I can definitely picture you in your living room in front of a giant bulletin board with pictures of Yuko, Jerrah Jones, Snookie and Vladamir Putin and muttering, "I know there's a connection there"

Nah, she’s decorating a new house.  Unless...she has a secret room off the DCC bathroom...hmmm.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, California Girl said:

I nominate Nicole B., who embodies the sweetheart in America's Sweethearts.  How could anyone possibly not like her?

I have to agree with this. Adore her! What about Jacie? 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Honestly I haven't seen the first two seasons, so if she was in those I wouldn't know her.

iOffer.com has season 2 available on dvd. You should buy it.  It’s the best season of this show.  EVER.

• Love 1

Eight veterans are leaving, and I predict that there will be 10-13 new rookies.

Rising 2 Year Vets:  Anticipate 2-4 cuts

Allie, Cersten, Heather H., Heather O., Jessika, Kelli, Kelsey, Khalyn, Madeline, Maggie, Mandy, Milan, Selina, Tasha, Tess, and Yuko.

Rising 3 Year Vets:  Predict 1 cut max.

Amy L., Chantel, Elizabeth, Holly, KaShara, Raylee, Robin, Simone, and Stephanie  

Rising 4 Year Vets:  No cuts.

Erica and Lacey

Rising 5 Year Vet:  Safe

Jinelle

Rising 6 Year Vet:  Safe

Jenna

5 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I have to agree with this. Adore her! What about Jacie? 

LOVEE Jacie!

38 minutes ago, California Girl said:

I nominate Nicole B., who embodies the sweetheart in America's Sweethearts.  How could anyone possibly not like her?

My all time favorite is Meredith (I may have said this more than once LOL), but I do get where she'd rub some the wrong way.  Nicole, though, is a very close 2nd, and for the life of me I can't see anything about her not to like.

• Love 2

I like Nicole B.  Mackenzie is one of my all time favorite former DCCs. I did not care for Sasha and Danielle at first, but they have grown on me. I also adore Kinzie, Katy and Samantha. Cassie does not bug me as much as before. I think CMT was overplaying the Judy and Cassie mother/daughter DCC legacy way too much. Brooke is okay, but I do care for her friend Stephanie H. too much.

I don't speak for anyone else, but I don't think there's anything offensive about someone thinking that Yuko being a Japanese national or Jasmine being African-American helped them make the team. We all know they Kelli likes to have a mix of looks on the team. She has publicly stated that. I would disagree in Jasmine's case because when she made it, they would have had an extremely diverse class, including other black or biracial girls, without her. Still though, she was a mediocre dancer, so Im sure there are many reasons as to why she made it. 

I do however find the notion that the mediocre minority women have some sort an advantage, which was stated a couple of pages back, to not be supported by the facts.  Jasmine and Yuko are 2 girls, but the vast majority of the bubble girls/mediocre dancers who have made the team over the years were not women of color, but were white. K&J have shown no hesitation in getting rid of minority women when they felt they didn't make the cut for whatever reason (I think they would've kept Alexandra if they cared that much). So sure, they like diversity, but I've seen nothing to suggest that the blondes are at a disadvantage. 

• Love 4

I hid some posts due to some back and forth. Please remember that these boards are for talking about your opinions and not for questioning others or demanding anything from them. Snark the show not the posters. 

Questions? PM me! ?

• Love 1

I guess I'm still one of the few Yuko fans. I think it's a tad harsh to judge any dancer on a few seconds of a routine at a prep class. If this was a DCC practice, it would be a different story.

That said, if she tanks at auditions, she shouldn't get her spot back. Period.

• Love 3
On 3/10/2017 at 7:50 PM, sleepyjean said:

I seem to recall prior to auditions last year, there were dance videos of Yuko on instagram, starting with one from Michelle Keys, and there were a lot of favorable opinions of her talent,

I thought Kitty endorsed her as well.

I think out of Holly P, KaSharas class the only person at risk would be Simone? I mean they seem to love her but in all the prep class videos I feel she's not as good when you compare her to the other DCCs.

Last year I was 100% certain that caila and Kat were going to get cut but this year I have no idea. 

Jenna isn't going to get cut, unless she manages to gain 20 pounds in less than 2 months and she willingly messes up her audition. She's definitely a talented dancer and she has the experience to lead at least a group (if not become the point girl). Even if they hate her and they couldn't convince her to retire, I can't really see them acting like one of their strongest dancers isn't good enough for them. She might not get much recognition, but she's definitely going to be on next year's squad.

Buuuut I really do hope that Erica is going to be their next point girl. Please please please.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Jenna isn't going to get cut, unless she manages to gain 20 pounds in less than 2 months and she willingly messes up her audition. She's definitely a talented dancer and she has the experience to lead at least a group (if not become the point girl). Even if they hate her and they couldn't convince her to retire, I can't really see them acting like one of their strongest dancers isn't good enough for them. She might not get much recognition, but she's definitely going to be on next year's squad.

Buuuut I really do hope that Erica is going to be their next point girl. Please please please.

I see that too. I like Jenna. Still, her coming back mucks up my vision of next year's triangle. Does Jenna think if she comes back she would be point girl? 

I really hope it's Erica for point girl. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jenna got cut.  If she was upset about last year not being her year and that is why she is re-auditioning - it could just rub people the wrong way.

Are you saying she's upset because she didn't get picked for PB cheerleader? 

I would say the upper vets (girls going into year 3 and up) probably are safer than normal because there are so few of them this go round. That being said, maybe they're going to clean house and go with a super young and fresh squad? I doubt it, they seem all about tradition. 

Simone isn't the strongest, but she's still stronger than most TCCs are going to be. Unless they have a ton of TCCs who blow her out of the water, I think Simone is safe.

Kelsey is the only one is really wonder about, because they still seem to dislike her, and she still has slow memory. Maybe Allie because she's so square. It's hard to tell this year. 

1 hour ago, TiaGrace said:

I see that too. I like Jenna. Still, her coming back mucks up my vision of next year's triangle. Does Jenna think if she comes back she would be point girl? 

I would think she probably does believe that she will be point girl, and it's not really an unreasonable belief. She's the most obvious person to be it, given where she was in the triangle last year, and she certainly has the dance ability. I hope they rotate point again next season. I would be perfectly happy with Erica and Jenna rotating at point, and I hope Lacey rounds out the triangle. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Simone isn't the strongest, but she's still stronger than most TCCs are going to be. Unless they have a ton of TCCs who blow her out of the water, I think Simone is safe.

Kelsey is the only one is really wonder about, because they still seem to dislike her, and she still has slow memory. Maybe Allie because she's so square. It's hard to tell this year. 

Agreed on both points. In some past years, it was obvious who was on the bubble but not so much this year. For example, I don't think anyone was surprised that Breelan and Ashley Pro didn't make it back, or that Kat and Caila, due to the obvious weight gain, were cut. Kelsey is really the only one who seemed to make it by the skin of her teeth, but she kind of strikes me as someone who can make a good impression on the judges at tryouts when memory issues aren't as apparent (this is assuming that she won't screw up the interview again). 

As for Simone, unless she just has an awful tryout (like Jasmine did her 4th year) or gains weight, I don't see her being cut. If they were going to cut her for a lack of power, I think last year would've been the time to do it. 

• Love 2

I'm not thrilled about Jenna coming back, but I don't think they'll cut her unless she absolutely bombs everything - sasses at the interview, is late, has a bad solo, smacks Kelli, cuts off Judy's hair, etc.

She's become annoying, but has maintained weight and is still one of their best performers. I think if they wanted rid of her, they would've told her and let her retire, out of an attempt to preserve the brand, make it appear as if she's still a favorite, etc. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm not thrilled about Jenna coming back, but I don't think they'll cut her unless she absolutely bombs everything - sasses at the interview, is late, has a bad solo, smacks Kelli, cuts off Judy's hair, etc.

She's become annoying, but has maintained weight and is still one of their best performers. I think if they wanted rid of her, they would've told her and let her retire, out of an attempt to preserve the brand, make it appear as if she's still a favorite, etc. 

I totally agree. It just does not look good for the brand to be cutting 4/5/6 year vets. Manage people for crying out loud -- if they are past their prime, counsel them out. If they don't have it after the first year, cut them.

For whatever people thought about Jasmine, I actually thought that cut reflected so poorly on K&J as managers. How does a good manager let it get that far?

• Love 3

I totally agree. It just does not look good for the brand to be cutting 4/5/6 year vets.

I have the opposite opinion. Cutting an upper vet once in a while, as with Jasmine, emphasizes that Kelli means it when she says that the Cheerleader has to earn it every single year. It feeds into the whole exclusivity thing that is a huge part of the DCC mystique - nobody coasts onto that squad, no matter how long they've been on the team. Aside from that, cutting an upper vet, even if they did it every year, isn't going to make fewer people watch the show or show up for auditions. It's not going to make the DCC any less in demand. It may mean some uncomfortable moments for Kelli with fans, but I doubt that's a huge deterrent. Kelli can take care of herself.

Having said that, I've never particularly cared for Jenna, but if she auditions, she'll be back on the team.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I have the opposite opinion. Cutting an upper vet once in a while, as with Jasmine, emphasizes that Kelli means it when she says that the Cheerleader has to earn it every single year and nobody coasts onto that squad, no matter how long they've been on the team. Aside from that, cutting an upper vet, even if they did it every year, isn't going to make fewer people watch the show or show up for auditions. It's not going to make the DCC any less in demand. It may mean some uncomfortable moments for Kelli with fans, but I doubt that's a huge deterrent. Kelli can take care of herself.

Having said that, I've never particularly cared for Jenna, but if she auditions, she'll be back on the team.

I think it depends on what the cut is for. If a senior vet shows up and just has a terrible tryout for no apparent reason or has suddenly gained weight, then I think its fine to cut them. However, if its an ongoing weight or performance issue or an issue with a rule being broken that is unrelated to performance (like is speculated with Jenna), then I think they should tell the vet ahead of time and strongly encourage retirement if its that big of a deal. I don't think its so much an issue of having fewer girls tryout, but I do think it could affect morale of the team.  

7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I can't remember if Simone's Insta is private.  Does anyone know?  I want to post a link, but not if it's private.

If someone's profile is private, "copy link address" won't be an option when you tap the three dots at the upper right hand corner. 

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

I see that too. I like Jenna. Still, her coming back mucks up my vision of next year's triangle. Does Jenna think if she comes back she would be point girl

I definitely think so. I hope it's Erica though. I do think that she's coming back so that she's "guaranteed" to be the choice for PB. Sort of how Sydney cheered for 7 years and seemingly assumed that her seniority would have her go to PB. Jenna definitely gets close with EVERYONE on the team..everyone is her bestie. It makes it seem like she wants to win the popular vote and get voted by her team for VOTY and PB.

15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jenna got cut.  If she was upset about last year not being her year and that is why she is re-auditioning - it could just rub people the wrong way.

I wouldn't either. 

• Love 2

I wonder if they will want a blonde near the front though...with Amy and Melissa leaving, who is next best in blondes? KaShara or Amy L?? 

Will be sooo intrigued now to see who gets Vet of the Year award...

• Love 1
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but why is it a negative if she's is coming back because she wants Pro Bowl or VOTY? As long as she's going to put in the same work as everyone else, dance well, show up for her appearances, and isn't being a toxic force on team, why do her motivations really matter? I feel the same way about some of the complaints about Tasha and Holly P (though we don't seem to hear those about Holly as much anymore). If they see DCC as some sort of a springboard for fame, well, I question how successful they will be, but as long as they continue to do their job well, so what. Again, if they're being toxic, that's a different story, but that doesn't seem to the case. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but why is it a negative if she's is coming back because she wants Pro Bowl or VOTY? As long as she's going to put in the same work as everyone else, dance well, show up for her appearances, and isn't being a toxic force on team, why do her motivations really matter? I feel the same way about some of the complaints about Tasha and Holly P (though we don't seem to hear those about Holly as much anymore). If they see DCC as some sort of a springboard for fame, well, I question how successful they will be, but as long as they continue to do their job well, so what. Again, if they're being toxic, that's a different story, but that doesn't seem to the case. 

I wouldn't say it's necessarily "negative." To me, I just feel like if she did come back just for that, it really wouldn't be "deserved" per se only because it would sort of be by default. Like it wouldn't be something that was earned. Idk it just seems sort of desperate if that's the main reason she wants to keep coming back. 

..to ME.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Thanks @AnnMichele.  There was a very cool video that I thought was pretty good evidence of Simone's current dancing, but, since she's private, I can't share it with y'all.

Simone isn't private. Was it this one?

17 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I would be perfectly happy with Erica and Jenna rotating at point, and I hope Lacey rounds out the triangle. 

Won't happen, they're all brunette.

On 3/11/2017 at 5:00 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

And for the record, she's one that was in trouble about her weight, and I always thought she looked amazing. Even with a few pounds.

She looked really big on the HD screen.  So did Kelsey Reich.  Too much tummy (I can relate)!

6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Won't happen, they're all brunette.

My triangle guesses for this year are: blonde, brunette, redhead. More than likely it's probably Erica/Jenna, best blonde dancer, and Holly.