Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Maybe the girls would think that Jennifer has enough accolades and vote either Danielle or Jessica as vet of the year. Rookie of the year maybe Mandy, Maggie, Madeline, or even Kelsey. Could also be someone we didn't see coming, like the year Mary won (love her!). I'm excited for auditions next month in a way I haven't been for a few years. I'm excited to see the new talent, who steps into a leadership role, and who grew from last year. Even though we are only losing 8 it seems like a huge loss because they were heavy hitters. 

(edited)

I think it's likely that Maddie or Maggie will get ROTY. 

In a perfect world all returning vets will make it back and there will be a small rookie class again (yay), but I can see Selina/Mandy/Simone in question for weight and all of the maybes last year if they don't perform well. Either way we'll see a rookie group of at least 8 to possibly 12. 

I hope they continue to do the calendar in the Bahamas, but add some variety for shoots next year. The water is GORGEOUS but it's a little monotonous to see it as the background for every picture.  In old calendars they at least had some shots in forests, huts, waterfalls, etc. Bimini is a small island so they're surely limited, but there are several other islands with resorts they could use. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Wasn't it pertycerti or something like that? (Only reason I remember is I thought "perty" and "certi" would rhyme, but isn't her name pronounced "keer-sten"?

Kelli looks so soft and pretty.

x.jpg

Pretty sure her name is pronounced with a "Curr" at the beginning, like Kirsten Dunst, so Perty Certi should rhyme.

4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Also, I kinda hate the uniform pics with Jenna front and center. Totally over her.

I feel the same way but why??? I like Jenna, but I think her retiring for 2 weeks and then deciding UNRETIRE was a bit immature. I dunno, I think that made me feel some sort of way. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

I feel the same way but why??? I like Jenna, but I think her retiring for 2 weeks and then deciding UNRETIRE was a bit immature. I dunno, I think that made me feel some sort of way. 

Yeah. She just seems so obnoxiously self centered, desperate, vapid and fake now. Arrogant, yet desperate. It's not cute. She's just trying way too hard, when she shouldn't have to. Plus I want Erica to be point.

As self promoting and strategic as I think Holly is, she isn't desperate. She just climbing her way to the top. I'm not mad at her for hustling. Jenna just gets on my nerves now.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

x.jpg

Absolutely love this!!!!  Was actually going to look for the link so I could fangirl a bit about how beautiful she looks, but you beat me to it ?  Also loved Jenna's "mermaid" pose, although I have to reluctantly agree that there is something kind of off about her online presence lately.  I'm not sure if maybe she is going through something and that is how she is dealing with it, or if it really is more of an attitude thing.  Hoping that both she (and her attitude) are okay, and this is just a weird blip in the DCC radar.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, raindancer said:

Absolutely love this!!!!  Was actually going to look for the link so I could fangirl a bit about how beautiful she looks, but you beat me to it ?  Also loved Jenna's "mermaid" pose, although I have to reluctantly agree that there is something kind of off about her online presence lately.  I'm not sure if maybe she is going through something and that is how she is dealing with it, or if it really is more of an attitude thing.  Hoping that both she (and her attitude) are okay, and this is just a weird blip in the DCC radar.

Not to be harsh but...are we looking at the same photo? Maybe it's just because I just don't *get* so much of Kelli Q's look, nothing about her ever looks 'soft' or 'pretty' to me. 

(except her hair in this shot. Damn that's some nice hair, girl!) 

• Love 4
(edited)

I kind of like the girls in uniform on the beach but then again it looks so out of place. And how did they decide who to have in the shot vs the other girls? If you're going to do a uniform picture on the beach, it should have been with all the girls in uniform.

Edited by heatherrrrz
1 hour ago, autumdusk said:

Not to be harsh but...are we looking at the same photo? Maybe it's just because I just don't *get* so much of Kelli Q's look, nothing about her ever looks 'soft' or 'pretty' to me.

Definitely not just you...I think she still looks old, this time with less makeup.

• Love 6

I have to wonder if the bright blonde is what makes her look old. Maybe a different hair color would soften her face.

5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Honestly I think it's the overly-botoxed face (I know, she claims she had no work done, but I'm not buying it).

The deep tan doesn't help matters either. I wonder how the rest of the photos from her shoot look.

18 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Wasn't it pertycerti or something like that? (Only reason I remember is I thought "perty" and "certi" would rhyme, but isn't her name pronounced "keer-sten"?

x.jpg

No

• Love 1
3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I kind of like the girls in uniform on the beach but then again it looks so out of place. And how did they decide who to have in the shot vs the other girls? If you're going to do a uniform picture on the beach, it should have been with all the girls in uniform.

I was wondering how they decided too. With it being Amy L, Erica, Jenna, Jinelle, Robin, Stephanie, Heather, and Maggie my guess is for the variety of hair colors. It's an odd mix of girls barely on the radar and ones that are everywhere 

1 minute ago, GAgirl said:

I was wondering how they decided too. With it being Amy L, Erica, Jenna, Jinelle, Robin, Stephanie, Heather, and Maggie my guess is for the variety of hair colors. It's an odd mix of girls barely on the radar and ones that are everywhere 

I figured they brought most of the upper vets left in. Was Lacey in it?

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

I figured they brought most of the upper vets left in. Was Lacey in it?

Nope, just those eight. I was surprised Holly wasn't in either

• Love 1
Just now, GAgirl said:

Nope, just those eight. I was surprised Holly wasn't in either

Weird. I understand mix of hair colors but such a weird combo of girls.

(edited)
4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I agree.  It makes me think they selected a mix of young women who they know will make the team again, so I guess that Heather O. and Maggie are among the rookies certain to make it back.  But they also excluded some favorites like Lacey and Holly, who of course will make the team again.  In some of the other group photos taken throughout the week, however, I wondered whether they had strategically placed DCC who they are unsure about on the ends so that they could airbrush them out of the picture later if need be.

Edited by California Girl
1 minute ago, California Girl said:

I agree.  It makes me think they selected a mix of young women who they know will make the team again, so I guess that Heather O. and Maggie are among the rookies certain to make it back.  But they also excluded some favorites like Lacey, who of course will make the team again.  In some of the other group photos taken throughout during the week I wondered whether they had strategically placed DCC who they are unsure about on the ends so that they could airbrush them out of the picture later if need be.

I hadn't noticed them on the ends, but that could very well make sense. They don't want to lose some of the group photos. I don't think the calendar has ever featured group photos has it?

Just now, Dcc fan said:

I agree. I thought those pics in uniform was a bit random, with the girls. 

But what I find funny how the picture of them throwing their poms in the air and Jenna is the only one who had a different pose to the rest of the girls. Maybe this is me, but to me it looked like she was trying "be the stand out" in that picture. 

https://twitter.com/DCC_Jenna/status/848928536056537089/photo/1

Well there was one of them that Maggie I think was looking back while everyone was facing forward.

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

I hadn't noticed them on the ends, but that could very well make sense. They don't want to lose some of the group photos. I don't think the calendar has ever featured group photos has it?

Well there was one of them that Maggie I think was looking back while everyone was facing forward.

I forgot about that photo actually. Thanks for the reminder. Strange tho it must have either been planned to have it like that, that or just the girls did it "last second"

(edited)
20 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Here is an example of a group shot where they may have strategically placed a DCC on the end so that they could edit someone out if need be later.

(Forget it, it won't let me link to it.)

Edited by California Girl
On 3/10/2017 at 6:55 AM, bunny said:

I love Maggie and think she is one of the prettiest girls on the team, but I wish they would stop with the black eyeliner alllllllll the way around the eye. /minor nitpick

I can't stop looking at her one eye. 

Maybe Cersten is off Instagram for Lent. I know a lot of people ditch social media during that time.

I think this is one of my favorite photos.

I like this photo of Tasha, but I was surprised she wasn't a standout on this shoot.

Kelli is adorable and a good dancer, but she needs shorter hair with good bangs along with better makeup and hair color/highlights because the look she has now ages her. Kelli can go on and on about big city salons, but a few of the big city salon makeovers on some of the girls are not as good as they can be. The makeover they did on Sunni in Season 3 made her look older. She had a better look when she tried out again in Season 4 before Kelli and the hair guy got ahold of her in Season 3.

On 4/2/2017 at 2:42 PM, bigskygirl said:

The pic of Madeline in this set without half of her face being covered is so much better and really nice pic of her IMO. I like a lot of the pics this year. I even like think they Jenna meditation pic is cute. I'm not sure what they were going for in the pic where Heather looks like she's working out/stretching, but the girl has an amazing body. Also, I don't think Allie is the cutest girl, but she has very pretty eyes IMO.

The Jenna whiplash is funny. Half of the time it seems like people are suggesting that she's not in a DCC twitter pic or won't be featured much next year (or even make it back) because Kelli and Judy are so over her and the other half, it's that she's beIng featured too much lol. It will be interesting what actually happens. I've thought she was one of the more visible ones for a while now but never the most visible one, so I haven't yet detected a difference in her exposure (I don't follow her or any of them on social media, so that may be difference). 

• Love 1
On 4/2/2017 at 11:11 AM, California Girl said:

C8PUNylUMAAEDYQ.jpg

Pretty! I wish Selina had been focused on a little bit more. She was a comeback girl this year, and I don't think her name was even mentioned during the season.

• Love 2

Didn't Selina sign some waver to not be featured on last season? I remember someone saying some of the girls did that and I'm sure someone said Selina was one of those girls who signed that form. Maybe I am wrong.

4 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Didn't Selina sign some waver to not be featured on last season? I remember someone saying some of the girls did that and I'm sure someone said Selina was one of those girls who signed that form. Maybe I am wrong.

Selina was featured in season 10 (2015). She was at one of classes that Melissa Rycroft was at and her cut was also shown. Didn't see her much in season 11 (2016). Maybe due to the situation in TC she wasn't shown much. 

8 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Selina was featured in season 10 (2015). She was at one of classes that Melissa Rycroft was at and her cut was also shown. Didn't see her much in season 11 (2016). Maybe due to the situation in TC she wasn't shown much. 

Yea I vaguely remember her in season 10 (I hate youtube taking down the shows straight after they were put up/glad I managed to watch them once at least) but I dont remember her featured in 11.

Who was it that was featured in season 10 but then signed some waiver? I can't remember who it was and thought someone from season 10 was featured and not featured on 11? My memory is so bad on such details!!! 

3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

The Jenna whiplash is funny. Half of the time it seems like people are suggesting that she's not in a DCC twitter pic or won't be featured much next year (or even make it back) because Kelli and Judy are so over her and the other half, it's that she's beIng featured too much lol. It will be interesting what actually happens. I've thought she was one of the more visible ones for a while now but never the most visible one, so I haven't yet detected a difference in her exposure (I don't follow her or any of them on social media, so that may be difference). 

I like Jenna and hope she makes it back.  However, I feel that she should be more "I'm young and healthy, I want another year with my friends, I have a lot more to give, I want to be there for a possible championship season, I enjoy the hospital visits, USO tour, etc, etc."  Instead, the impression I have is that she is pouting cause she didn't get point, Pro Bowl, VOTY, on and on and that it wasn't her year.  She is one of how many girls on this squad and there two other 5-year-vets.  I could be way off base here, cause of course, everything I've seen and heard is from the board and social media. 

• Love 2

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting anyone should like her. People are free to like or dislike whoever they want for whatever reason. I like her dancing and don't follow the social media stuff enough to care otherwise, but from what others have posted, I can see how she seems thirsty. I just think it's funny how some days she's portrayed as the black sheep who Kelli/Judy will take back just bc it would b too embarrassing to cut her, and other days, she's the new Jenn K. 

2 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

Who was it that was featured in season 10 but then signed some waiver? I can't remember who it was and thought someone from season 10 was featured and not featured on 11? My memory is so bad on such details!!! 

Was it a girl who made TC, got cut and came back the next season and made it back to TC? Shelbi was TCC who was featured in season 10 but got cut. she came back in season 11 but didn't make it past finals. Wasn't featured at all. Kelli never referred to her when she talked about the comeback girls. Probably due to the stuff her boyfriend wrote on Charlotte's IG.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting anyone should like her. People are free to like or dislike whoever they want for whatever reason. I like her dancing and don't follow the social media stuff enough to care otherwise, but from what others have posted, I can see how she seems thirsty. I just think it's funny how some days she's portrayed as the black sheep who Kelli/Judy will take back just bc it would b too embarrassing to cut her, and other days, she's the new Jenn K. 

She is not the new Jenn K.  She is the new Sydney D though.  The thing about Jenna is she is still young even as a sixth year veteran candidate.  Good for her for continuing and not just retiring because she has done it for five years.  Do it as long as possible! GO for 8 girl! Lol 

I predict Erica is front girl next year! I don't understand the 8, but I like all of their looks.  Amy L has really come out this year! She seemed so "invisible" the first two seasons! That haircut breathed new life into this girl! She is standing out more in dance, and in these Bimini poses! 

Heather confuses me in this group.  Stephanie is killing it in the pyramid pose!!! 

My contenders for ROTY are:  Mad, Mandy, Khalyn 

My contenders for VOTY are: Jenn, danielle and Jessica.  (I also am holding out for Claire and Jax even though it's probably a long shot! 

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 1

I think the 8 is because someone was a DCC for 8 years and everyone expected (or thought) Sydney would have done at least 8 (to at least) to equal that. That maybe where the hype was coming fro, for 8.

(edited)
21 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

The deep tan doesn't help matters either. I wonder how the rest of the photos from her shoot look.

21 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I have to wonder if the bright blonde is what makes her look old. Maybe a different hair color would soften her face.

I just genuinely think Kelli Q would look about 5 years younger with a darker hair colour (lmao unfortunately it can't help the botox, @ByTor). The super bleached hair really ages and washes her out. Also, it's a very dated look to be super tanned with platinum hair. (I also think it's kinda trashy.)

Have you guys seen Jennifer Love Hewitt with blonde hair? It's nightmare stuff. Comparable to Kitty's crabwalk of terror. 

Jennifer-Love-Hewitt-Blonde-450x500.jpg

or 

jennifer-love-hewitt.jpg

The brunette makes her look vibrant/healthier, classier and it really brings out her features.  Same thing with Jessica Biel: 

jessica-biel.jpg

Or Miranda Kerr, Anne Hathaway - there are so many celebs who prove that sometimes someone's colouring suits brunette better. 

Even take former DCC Loren who was a die hard blonde when she started - K & the hair team were right to make her darker! They went brunette and then red, which she's kept even though she's off the team.  

Edited by autumdusk

Guys can I ask a question? I think this maybe in the wrong board, if it is I would be happy to move it to the right one. (noticed this post from about a month ago, prob cos I was "looking" at a tweet Kinzie retweeted from Amy L. But I just wanted to know, in the background of it are pictures on "stuck" on the doors of DCC's and I cannot for the life of me remember who they are especially the Nicole on the right or Andrea or even who the Becca is. And the one (I think I am wrong on this) but the one of the wall to the left looks like Brittney Schram?

On DCC fb page, I was looking at some of the pics they posted there and most comments are pretty tame compared to years past.  But poor Milan - they put up the one of her that's just such an unflattering angle and all the comments are "is she pregnant? yikes" :-/  dcc seriously needs a better media person to monitor that kind of stuff!!! Milan is gorgeous and a twig! but the angle is so bad. 

• Love 2

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE to be their media person. I'd delete the nasty comments. There's one guy who like harassed Holly with at least 10 comments directed at her yesterday with like 50 emojis in each comment. "PLEASEEEE TALK TO ME" dude stfu.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE to be their media person. I'd delete the nasty comments. There's one guy who like harassed Holly with at least 10 comments directed at her yesterday with like 50 emojis in each comment. "PLEASEEEE TALK TO ME" dude stfu.

Which social media account?

Just now, MrsEVH said:

Which social media account?

Her twitter and he left a few comments on her latest instagram photo too.

46 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Her twitter and he left a few comments on her latest instagram photo too.

Oh my gosh he needs a hobby! His comments and excessive emojis are weird and creepy. No wonder she made her Instagram private.