Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

That post was from 2012. I assume she was a senior in high school in 2012 because she's 23 years old.. I'm no mathematician but it looks like  she HAS been dancing for four years and she's going into her fifth."

Regardless, she slayed that shit!

Didn't Kelsey say in one of her 'fun facts' while being featured on the DCC IG a week or so ago that she has only been dancing four years?  I'm almost 100% positive she specifically said four years...now I need to go back in look but I think you are right, four going on five.  Get it, girl!! 

20 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I personally think that Kelsey is KILLING it in that video.  She is amazing and has been dancing for, what, 4 or so years?  I could see why they might not have wanted to take a risk on her for that first year she tried out (and not just for the botched interview), but she has grown and improved SO much that it would be a D*MN shame if they just want to get rid of her as soon as possible.  I get that they thought she might have been an interview risk at first, but hopefully she proved them wrong.  If she comes back and they still try to get rid of her, I will NOT be happy.  

I seemed to remember Kelsey getting dinged for marking the dances and not really doing them full out, yet the girl to Kelsey's right (our left), isn't doing them full out and is flat-out marking them in some spots.  I don't know who that is, but I know I'D be going full out if I could.  Dear LAWD, you do NOT want to see me out on that dance floor.  Last time I tried dancing (outside of the house or a structured adult ballet class), I was a bit sloshed and at a bachelorette party eight years ago.

+1  I am so hoping she kills it again at auditions and makes it back on without issues.  I love watching her perform. 

I was thinking that was Heather H on her right (our left) but maybe it is just another girl at the prep class.  I think Selina is doing fine in it - it's nice to actually see her for once! 

• Love 3

Jenn looks great! None of them are bad, but you can really see how DCC is the top notch team.

I feel sorry for the girl who had to wear the ugly out fit with the striped pants and the top that looks like somebody cut out the fabric over her chest so the bra could hang out. That turtleneck top with the white bra hanging out is hideous.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jenn looks great! None of them are bad, but you can really see how DCC is the top notch team.

I feel sorry for the girl who had to wear the ugly out fit with the striped pants and the top that looks like somebody cut out the fabric over her chest so the bra could hang out. That turtleneck top with the white bra hanging out is hideous.

The Eagles uniform? Supposedly it's designed by Vera Wang.

32 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

After watching so many DCC routines, the choreography seems so basic, but I guess it has to be learned so quickly and not every pro cheerleader is a DCC:)

They don't learn it quickly such as that day or the day before.  They are sent the choreo on CD ahead of time as I remember several ProBowl cheerleaders talked about it.  Loved Jenn's dancing but hair seems more messy than usual.  My eyes were drawn to the cheerleader in black with the white bra who wasn't finishing her movements and was even off at times.

The Eagles cheerleaders uniforms were designed by Vera Wang. It's a series of mix and match pieces. Sometimes the pieces even change between halves as the sun goes down and it gets colder. 

I am surprised she is in the pants -- I have seen them in person exactly once, and it was a blizzard. Most common combo is the bra and one of the pairs of shorts, then the shrug added if/when it gets colder.

IDK -- Philly isn't Dallas and it's not a dome. Girls needs options:) As far as dancers go, they are fine, nothing great. Although they do get free hair and make-up for each game -- which kinds of shocks my that the DCC does not.

IMG_5189.JPG

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

After watching so many DCC routines, the choreography seems so basic, but I guess it has to be learned so quickly and not every pro cheerleader is a DCC:)

The stage looked really slippery. I can't imagine they were going full out because the footing was so tenuous. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

So I'm no dance expert, but the girl in the long sleeved blue top and white shorts (or skirt?) looks like a hot mess to me. Yikes. Jennifer is obviously the best dancer there.

Lions, they've only been a squad for less than a year (not counting their unofficial years) so it's probably just lack of instruction and technique. Other than Jenn, the Atlanta and Cardinals girls look great! I'm still confused as to why the Rams insist on using poms bigger reminiscent of the 80's. 

• Love 1

I realize Jenn isn't in this but spare me this one time mods so we can keep comparing and saying how much better she is? 

Not a fan of this choreo, and obviously sloppy. I'm sure they wish they had more time to practice. :/

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I realize Jenn isn't in this but spare me this one time mods so we can keep comparing and saying how much better she is? 

Not a fan of this choreo, and obviously sloppy. I'm sure they wish they had more time to practice. :/

This is terrible. I'd like to see someone like Jenn with this choreography to try to sort the mess out of it.

The choreography is spastic and none of the girls look like they have a clue what they're doing or any control over their motions, except maybe the Texans rep.

• Love 4

Huh? So whoever runs that twitter is just guessing? Lol. They don't actually name VOTY and ROTY until the end of the year banquet, correct?

I don't see any point in guessing ROTY because it's been a surprise the last couple of seasons.

11 hours ago, ilovetrashtv said:

Agreed... and those Broncos pants are terrible! They kind of look ridiculous on a dancer, just my opinion.

I actually love the pants. I like them better than the uniforms that look like a bra and panties. That girl wearing the pants doesn't have a whole lot of control over her movements. The whole bunch except the Texans girl is a mess. 

I can see Judy popping a vein trying to work with this bunch. 

11 hours ago, ilovetrashtv said:

Agreed... and those Broncos pants are terrible! They kind of look ridiculous on a dancer, just my opinion.

I actually love the pants. I like them better than the uniforms that look like a bra and panties. That girl wearing the pants doesn't have a whole lot of control over her movements. The whole bunch except the Texans girl is a mess. 

I can see Judy popping a vein trying to work with this bunch. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Ok there's a girl next to the jets cheerleader who is cut off. She may be good. Who knows, can't see her.

Looking at uniform, looks like a San Diego Charger girl. She's probably the last PBC with the SD Chargers name because they're moving to LA.

Also that music is annoying.

Edited by MrsEVH
2 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Huh? So whoever runs that twitter is just guessing? Lol. They don't actually name VOTY and ROTY until the end of the year banquet, correct?

I don't see any point in guessing ROTY because it's been a surprise the last couple of seasons.

That Twitter account is a fan account, so these are not the official VOTY/ROTY selections.  There's an Instagram account (DCC Fan Page) that announced the same two.

DCC Fan Page has a blog, where it's explained that these were from a vote.  https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.wordpress.com  DCC Fan Page also has "DCCs of the week" that are independent from the official DCC Gems of the Week.  While the official selections may be the same, these "announcements" are from fan accounts.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

That Twitter account is a fan account, so these are not the official VOTY/ROTY selections.  There's an Instagram account (DCC Fan Page) that announced the same two.

DCC Fan Page has a blog, where it's explained that these were from a vote.  https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.wordpress.com  DCC Fan Page also has "DCCs of the week" that are independent from the official DCC Gems of the Week.  While the official selections may be the same, these "announcements" are from fan accounts.

Voting confusion = I smell RUSSIANS.

Seriously though, the real DCC needs to shut that crap down, or at least insist on a huge disclaimer that the fan page has zero affiliation with the official DCC page. These two would be great for VOTY and ROTY, but this is a very misleading website.

(Disclaimer = Sorry if that's too political, not trying to prove or disprove anything with the real US elections and interference). 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

The stage looked really slippery. I can't imagine they were going full out because the footing was so tenuous. 

Yeah, I saw that too.  At least the girl with the ugly pants has sneakers on.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Just found this on twitter - and only after I posted it realized it's not "official" DCC but still...I imagine this is how it'll go for "official" DCC.

Probably just the opinion of the person who runs that account. In other words, who they would like to see get that honor.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Voting confusion = I smell RUSSIANS.

Seriously though, the real DCC needs to shut that crap down, or at least insist on a huge disclaimer that the fan page has zero affiliation with the official DCC page. These two would be great for VOTY and ROTY, but this is a very misleading website.

(Disclaimer = Sorry if that's too political, not trying to prove or disprove anything with the real US elections and interference). 

The girl who runs that account is a huge DCC fan. The organization has to know that she is doing that. She holds her own dcc of the week vote and attends a lot of the dcc events and meets the cheerleaders and posts all the pics. I think her name is Bella. The cheerleaders all seem to know her, and they follow her on Twitter and Instagram and like her pics. I'm surprised she isn't on this board, maybe she is. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

The girl who runs that account is a huge DCC fan. The organization has to know that she is doing that. She holds her own dcc of the week vote and attends a lot of the dcc events and meets the cheerleaders and posts all the pics. I think her name is Bella. The cheerleaders all seem to know her, and they follow her on Twitter and Instagram and like her pics. I'm surprised she isn't on this board, maybe she is. 

I don't think the site looks like it's showing ill will or trying to be malicious, but it does look to me like it is trying to come off as the official DCC site.

1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

Possibly someone who auditioned before and didn't make it?

18 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Lions, they've only been a squad for less than a year (not counting their unofficial years) so it's probably just lack of instruction and technique. Other than Jenn, the Atlanta and Cardinals girls look great! I'm still confused as to why the Rams insist on using poms bigger reminiscent of the 80's. 

2 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I

Edited by missmansfield
Merged replies
19 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

The Eagles cheerleaders uniforms were designed by Vera Wang. It's a series of mix and match pieces. Sometimes the pieces even change between halves as the sun goes down and it gets colder. 

I am surprised she is in the pants -- I have seen them in person exactly once, and it was a blizzard. Most common combo is the bra and one of the pairs of shorts, then the shrug added if/when it gets colder.

IDK -- Philly isn't Dallas and it's not a dome. Girls needs options:) As far as dancers go, they are fine, nothing great. Although they do get free hair and make-up for each game -- which kinds of shocks my that the DCC does not.

IMG_5189.JPG

Sounds like I am the only one but I really like their uniforms LOL!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

IMG_5189.JPG

Also, I think these girls are really pretty.  NOT something I would say for most squads!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I'm not 100% sure but if it's the girl I think it is she is not old enough to be a dcc, she states that she is a future dcc. I think she may even be a junior dcc now. Those pages say in the description that they are fan but at first glance it could look like might pass as official. 

1 hour ago, missmansfield said:

Also, I think these girls are really pretty.  NOT something I would say for most squads!

IME, these girl make the squad on look way before dancing. They also do club box visit before and during games -- they are flawless. I am sure that full professional styling each game does not hurt either!

23 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

This actually made my eye twitch.... 

• Love 1
On January 28, 2017 at 11:43 PM, HowdeeDo said:

I rarely have time to post comments lately but to quote Judy, that was a train wreck. Makes me appreciate DCC choreo even more.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I rarely have time to post comments lately but to quote Judy, that was a train wreck. Makes me appreciate DCC choreo even more.

Yeah. Wow. What a absolute dumpster fire of flailing limbs and missed counts.

That's such a cool song as well. I'm just imaging how much Maddie, Holly P, Cersten (or Jacie and Angela) and other power / hip-hop dancers would just tear that choreography *up* 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

IME, these girl make the squad on look way before dancing. They also do club box visit before and during games -- they are flawless. I am sure that full professional styling each game does not hurt either!

I watched a video of their tryouts.  Part of it is walking around stage in bikinis. It actually reminded me more of a pageant where dancing was the talent portion, so yeah, it does look like they care more about looks than skill.

2 hours ago, autumdusk said:

Yeah. Wow. What a absolute dumpster fire of flailing limbs and missed counts.

That's such a cool song as well. I'm just imaging how much Maddie, Holly P, Cersten (or Jacie and Angela) and other power / hip-hop dancers would just tear that choreography *up* 

LOL, you described it so much better. Flailing limbs is spot on! 

16 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

No, she's young probably 16ish

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:31 PM, missmansfield said:

The one sitting in the top right corner looks just like Nikki Bella.

omg are you a Bella twins fan??  I didn't think anyone on this board would even know who they were!  Love!

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:24 AM, dalgal214 said:

I enjoyed watching Kelsey in that combo. I was surprised Selina didn't have more pop or spark. 

I don't think Kelsey has been dancing for four years. 2 on AAIA, and 2 for the  first and second times she's auditioned. You have to add at least one more year because it looks like she did a drill or dance team in high school

I don't think she has as much training as some of the others but four might be an exaggeration 

awwwww how adorable was she!  Such a pretty girl.  I can't believe she's only 23!!!  Sheesh.

Guys, I turn 40 this year and I feel as URGH AF.  Not that 40 is old but I just feel like time is slipping away from me!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

omg are you a Bella twins fan??  I didn't think anyone on this board would even know who they were!  Love!

awwwww how adorable was she!  Such a pretty girl.  I can't believe she's only 23!!!  Sheesh.

Guys, I turn 40 this year and I feel as URGH AF.  Not that 40 is old but I just feel like time is slipping away from me!

Yep, I love the WWE divas!

• Love 1