Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I usually weigh about 120 and wear a size 6.   I just don't see Megan being that heavy.   I know there have been lots of unflattering photos but other pics I have seen she looks good.   Some of the other girls are too thin in my opinion.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I usually weigh about 120 and wear a size 6.   I just don't see Megan being that heavy.   I know there have been lots of unflattering photos but other pics I have seen she looks good.   Some of the other girls are too thin in my opinion.

This is what gets me, several of those girls are so thin that to me they look unhealthy though they must be, that uniform is just so unforgiving and yeah depending on the angle of the shot some of them including Megan and my fave Holly, who is a bit stocky it seems, seem larger than they are. I imagine if I were to see them IRL they'd look totally thin, whereas the ones that already look way skinny to me would look even thinner and I'd really worry about them.

And I don't understand why they changed the uniform bottoms for only some of the girls it seems to break the look of uniformity they want so much. I mean if we can tell, and ok so we aren't necessarily the everyday viewer LOL, but still if we can tell then maybe they should have made new bottoms for all of them, though they could do better than the "diaper"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

If I weighed 120 pounds, I'd be a size 0 and I'd be so freaking hot. Omg. I'm just trying to get to 130. 

Poor Megan. I love her, but that uniform is just brutal. 

yeah I'm 5'5 and when I weighed 125, I was so so super skinny and hawt!  I felt like I had legs for days and was so thin!  Now I'm closer to 150 than not but at least I have those memories!

8 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

yeah I'm 5'5 and when I weighed 125, I was so so super skinny and hawt!  I felt like I had legs for days and was so thin!  Now I'm closer to 150 than not but at least I have those memories!

I had a baby last year and gained 60 pounds.... I had to be on bedrest and the only thing that didn't make me vomit were meatball sandwiches! Hello weight gain! I've lost 45 pounds, but I still have 15-20 to go. 

But i I can safely say the scale won't ever see two numbers starting with 1 and 2. I'm ok with that. 

• Love 1

If Megan is that tall she has to be at least 160 lbs, probably more. Remember 2 yrs ago tiny little Courtney who was 5'2 and in the uniform fitting they were saying girls her height were like 115 or something?  Do you really think Megan is only 5-10 lbs more than tiny Courtney?  Megan is someone who shouldn't even wear a two piece bathing suit at the beach, never mind dancing in a two piece on an HD screen. 

• Love 3

I think Megan's issue, besides gaining in her face and mid section, is that no matter how small she gets, she isn't firm. So when she stands still she looks fine, but she jiggles in some movements that make firmer, but bigger, girls look smaller, if that makes sense. Not a lot she can do about how her muscles work. 

• Love 1
On 1/3/2017 at 0:57 PM, TiaGrace said:

Lol. Yes, please let Wallflower Maddie never return. I think the technique and skill were there in 2015. The difference I see now is confidence. I can't believe that crunkin', poopin, booty shaking, dance slayer, Show group Maddie version 2016 is the same goth, got cut at trading camp, Maddie 2015 version. What a difference a year makes. 

Maddie looks fantastic this year; what a transformation. I saw a picture a few days ago of her with her hair straightened and it looked great; her curls are super cute, but the straight hair looked awesome. I'll try to find the picture again.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Megan's issue, besides gaining in her face and mid section, is that no matter how small she gets, she isn't firm. So when she stands still she looks fine, but she jiggles in some movements that make firmer, but bigger, girls look smaller, if that makes sense. Not a lot she can do about how her muscles work. 

She needs to hit the weights. Big time. 

2 hours ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Remember 2 yrs ago tiny little Courtney who was 5'2 and in the uniform fitting they were saying girls her height were like 115 or something?  

For some reason I think it was worse, I think she said 105.  That comment really annoys me, weight isn't just about height.  I'm 5'3" and when I weighed 110 (my smallest) my doctor was concerned something was going on...I had the giant lollipop head thing happening. Others my height, however, look perfectly fine at 110.

• Love 1

lol on megan's instagram story this morning it said something about being judged and I was like...oh shit did she find this website?

I remember taking a nutrition class one time and one of the things that stuck with me was a general guide for figuring out how much one should weigh.  For women, it was 100 pounds for the first five feet than approximately 5 pounds for every inch above that.  So me, being 5'8" (or thereabouts) should weigh 140 according to that scale though I don't weigh anywhere close to that at the moment and I'll admit it.  I also have a body type that hides it well (to a point) and I wear clothes that mask it so people would only know that I'm heavier than I want to be by looking at my face and neck.

If Megan went by that scale, she should be around 150 depending on her height.  She also seems to be leaner than I am, but has a bit stockier body than the average DCC.  It all depends on if she's just softer for one reason or another (could be age, could be medication), than that's something that can be fixed to a degree, but if she's just eating the completely wrong foods and adding weight, that's something that needs to be addressed as well.

Edited by EricaShadows
15 hours ago, ByTor said:

For some reason I think it was worse, I think she said 105.  That comment really annoys me, weight isn't just about height.  I'm 5'3" and when I weighed 110 (my smallest) my doctor was concerned something was going on...I had the giant lollipop head thing happening. Others my height, however, look perfectly fine at 110.

Yeah, and it may have even been lower than that. For some reason, I think it may have been in the 90s. I remember being stunned at the weight that Kelli said. I'm tiny like Courtney/Jenna (even a tad shorter), and I'm typically around 110 pounds or so, but when I was down to 98 pounds in law school, I started to look like a lollipop as well, and size 0s and 00s were often too big. It simply was not a sustainable weight. As for Megan, at her height, even being around 130 seems unhealthy to me, but I don't know, I've never been tall. 

ETA: I tried to go back and watch to be sure what weight she said, but CMT's website is weird now. Do they not have each episode available anymore, all I see are random episodes from each season.

Edited by Jess14
17 hours ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

If Megan is that tall she has to be at least 160 lbs, probably more. Remember 2 yrs ago tiny little Courtney who was 5'2 and in the uniform fitting they were saying girls her height were like 115 or something?  Do you really think Megan is only 5-10 lbs more than tiny Courtney?  Megan is someone who shouldn't even wear a two piece bathing suit at the beach, never mind dancing in a two piece on an HD screen. 

lol harsh but so true....

16 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I LOVE YOU. You covered this like Wolf Blitzer on Desert Storm. Or if you're Megan, Dessert storm. Sorry. That was the chardonnay talking.

Plus, she's a bitch.

is she???  has that been  proven?

16 hours ago, RegalRegin said:

I found the picture; it's on her instagram from awhile back. I think her hair looks gorgeous straightened.

12357686_973856489352723_234239166_n.jpg

she just looks adorable ... she's really changed so much since last year ... goes to show, the goth look is a no no for anyone!

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

lol on megan's instagram story this morning it said something about being judged and I was like...oh shit did she find this website?

sigh ... I think she should be judged every day by K+J and since they can't seem to do their jobs and be unbiased, we're doing it for them lol.  Megs - you're a gorgeous girl with a beautiful smile and facial features but you gotta figure out the weight thing IF you're going to be a DCC.  It's not lookin' cute to be known as the fat cheerleader especially when you could be so great.

1 minute ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I'm not sure how one would prove that?

lol .. dunno, guess if you knew her then it's a proven statement?  sigh ... I'm exhausted and really just wanna go home... is that so wrong????

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

sigh ... I think she should be judged every day by K+J and since they can't seem to do their jobs and be unbiased, we're doing it for them lol.  Megs - you're a gorgeous girl with a beautiful smile and facial features but you gotta figure out the weight thing IF you're going to be a DCC.  It's not lookin' cute to be known as the fat cheerleader especially when you could be so great.

Seriously. At this point, it's such a redundant topic that I'm tired of hearing about it. She should be tired of being known as the fat cheerleader. Maybe she's really trying, who knows. Like she said on her insta story, we don't know someone's situation lol

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Hate to break it to ya'll but they all know about this blog and they all read it. Even alumni and K & J.  Do any of ya'll actually know any of the DCC personally? Just curious...

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, StarGazer00 said:

Hate to break it to ya'll but they all know about this blog and they all read it. Even alumni and K & J.  Do any of ya'll actually know any of the DCC personally? Just curious...

I figured this was probably true but it makes me very sad that there will have inevitably been very hurt feelings as a result....I'm hoping there will also have been happiness at how much they are admired and how hard so many of us have been rooting for them.  And it's honestly really awesome to hear about the inside bits when they come available, especially the really nice things about how hard people have worked or how kind they are outside and how dedicated they can be to working on their style and technique and all the other things that contribute to what they do.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I thought the same thing and I feel sorry for her. I don't care how much she weighs I'm just surprised she's been allowed to stay in uniform based on cuts and warnings I've seen on MTT in the past. I was just watching season 9 on when K cut Hannah Alexander for her weight and it was nothing.

• Love 1
Just now, Teriyaki Terror said:

I thought the same thing and I feel sorry for her. I don't care how much she weighs I'm just surprised she's been allowed to stay in uniform based on cuts and warnings I've seen on MTT in the past. I was just watching season 9 on when K cut Hannah Alexander for her weight and it was nothing.

Exactly. I think that's the way we all feel. I don't feel like she should be kicked off the team, but if they've cut girls for less then why are they giving her special treatment? She's good, but she's not "next point girl" good.

I think the only reason she could be given a pass on her weight is if it was a medical reason. I remember years ago Meagan Sharpe wasn't in good shape but there was a rumor it was due to some medication she was taking, however I don't think this is true for the current Megan. She's been out of shape all season and whether she's been trying or not - it just makes her and the organization look bad based on what they preach. :(

(Megan, you're beautiful, but girl....)

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Exactly. I think that's the way we all feel. I don't feel like she should be kicked off the team, but if they've cut girls for less then why are they giving her special treatment? She's good, but she's not "next point girl" good.

Megan if you're reading this, we love you and we want you to succeed. <3

• Love 5
20 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

The antidote to those "party train" pics is a family shot of a wholesome, girl-next-door DCC on the field con su papi gordo, su  pequeña mamá, and a beaming Kelli F.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0-muM5UsAAoJRO.jpg:large

Lol until she lost her cool and yelled at everyone ?

Yes, that is too bad, if what you say is true.  I always tell my children that what you do in public -- lose your composure, yell at someone, throw a tantrum -- is not soon forgotten, and often never forgiven.  Ah well, so much DCC potential squandered then, unless she can make up for it the rest of this season.  Hope so.

1 minute ago, California Girl said:

Yes, that is too bad, if what you say is true.  I always tell my children that what you do in public -- lose your composure, yell at someone, throw a tantrum -- is not soon forgotten, and often never forgiven.  Ah well, so much DCC potential squandered then, unless she can make up for it the rest of this season.  Hope so.

Wait, I'm lost. What happened here?

Also, when Chelsea freaked out in the locker room about being put on weight probation she should have apologized the very next day to K&J as well as the entire team. Maybe all things would have been right and she wouldn't have been cut.

1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

is she???  has that been  proven?

Someone who claimed to be an insider posted here that she tattled on someone who didn't make the squad for declining a practice session with M Rycroft, and this person said Megan can be mean...but this insider also said Megan is one of the shortest on the squad, so I take any "insider information" with a grain of salt.

36 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Someone who claimed to be an insider posted here that she tattled on someone who didn't make the squad for declining a practice session with M Rycroft, and this person said Megan can be mean...but this insider also said Megan is one of the shortest on the squad, so I take any "insider information" with a grain of salt.

Remember Kalli from seasons 1,2 and 5? She had a blog that said she didn't get enough practice (and had to skip meals) to go shoot with CMT practicing with a vet or TCC. I think shooting schedules sometimes hurt the TCC.

3 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I'm 5'7" and the lowest I've ever been at this height is 132. I looked emaciated. And I was starving myself and binge exercising. I was literally eating 200 calories a day and working out for hours. Living on coffee. I can't IMAGINE having that diet, having to live my life AND having to do DCC commitments. I'd drop dead. That's the deal with DCC though. Either you can maintain your audition weight or you can't. Look at Sidney. She was always snapping pics of food and stuff. She appeared to eat. And she looked consistent. I could have been a close contender for, if not an NFL/NBA cheerleader (I almost auditioned for the Timberwolves dancers but chickened out like a dumbshit), I could NOT have been a DCC. The expectation is just too high for extremely low weight maintenance. You see some of the NFL/NBA girls and they have meat on their bones but they look good. The DCC uni is truly "unforgiving", and it ain't for everyone. Megan, climb off of it and turn in your boots. There's no shame.

Yeah, to manage DCC long term, you have to be blessed genetically. It's almost like you just have to have that perfect body easily. I could cheer for the Houston Texans, well I could have ten years ago before my children destroyed my abs, but the DCC? Never! Too much fat in the thighs!

Edited by PrincessLeia
12 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

That's not the insider I got my information from. This person was not anonymous, and it was not information disclosed in this forum, so I am unable to share any further info.

I wasn't referring to your post, I was talking about someone who posted on this board who claimed to know most of the girls.

Megan is beautiful but hasn't been uniform ready since.....a very long time ago.  I flew in last year for a game & mentioned 3 DCC appearing "heavier" to me. Megan, Amy T & Holly.  Holly got it together& regularly posts workouts, dance classes etc.  Amy T  (IMO) has a lovely face but waist down she can photograph downright hippy. Still...she's trim, it's just her hips are wider than the rest.  Megan is well, Megan.  I'm unaware of her diet/exercise regimen 'cause she never posts...or, am I missing something?  

Her long, billowy top at the last tryout was obviously to hide her waistline.  No other woman better dare wear something so conservative/frumpy  otherwise they'll be laughed out of the room.  Therein lies the hypocrisy & problem.  Megan has performed all season appearing heavier than any other DCC.  It's not even close. She photographs jiggly with her pretty face often sporting extra chins. 

Honestly,  I don't understand how K & J can claim weight matters when one of their women is referenced as the f** cheerleader. It has served Megan no favor & has actually set her up. How can she possibly do a bikini calendar shoot?

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I wasn't referring to your post, I was talking about someone who posted on this board who claimed to know most of the girls.

Is it TXStar who was on the cmt crew?

4 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Wait, TXStar was on the CMT crew? Dang. I thought I was almost positive I knew who they were....and it wasn't CMT crew!

I don't think it was ever confirmed who it was.

I remember an insider stating back in July or August that several girls were on weight warnings. I think that Allie D. And Jennifer K. were among those pointed out. IIRC, Megan was pulled from an appearance because of weight probation. 

I am not weight shaming any of these girls. They are all talented, beautiful, and fantastic dancers.

But...

it is obvious that for some weight warnings do not fix the problem. I am just surprised that Kelli and the organization haven't been able to implement a better way to deal with softness and muffin tops that can help their cheerleaders all season than what we have seen in previous training camp scenarios. 

This reminds me of Hannah West, she asked for a long term solution and was cut because there was no time. I'm glad to see Hannah is still dancing and giving classes at ( I think) Kitty Carter's.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

I remember an insider stating back in July or August that several girls were on weight warnings. I think that Allie D. And Jennifer K. were among those pointed out. IIRC, Megan was pulled from an appearance because of weight probation. 

I am not weight shaming any of these girls. They are all talented, beautiful, and fantastic dancers.

But...

it is obvious that for some weight warnings do not fix the problem. I am just surprised that Kelli and the organization haven't been able to implement a better way to deal with softness and muffin tops that can help their cheerleaders all season than what we have seen in previous training camp scenarios. 

This reminds me of Hannah West, she asked for a long term solution and was cut because there was no time. I'm glad to see Hannah is still dancing and giving classes at ( I think) Kitty Carter's.

Allie and Melissa were on weight watch...I don't think Jennifer ever was.  People here are hard on her but I don't think Jennifer has ever been called out for weight.  She and Victoria Paige were two girls who lost a lot of weight before making the squad and know how to work to keep it off.  K&J use Jennifer as an example of someone who makes time to workout nearly every day, on top of practice, her job, etc. 

What I think is honestly so interesting is how a lot of DCC look BETTER after they retire.  Like Roni - she looks amazing and struggled so much during her time on the squad.  Same with Paige.  Nicole. Etc.  It's almost like once the insane pressure is off it gets easier.  We know cortisol can be a b*tch too when you're trying to lose weight. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Gurrrrl that stress hormone will make your body go all caveman and hang onto that weight so you can survive and run from the T Rex or whatever.

PREACH IT.  lol  One of the main things I've had to deal with after years of tons of cardio.  My cortisol levels were so high I was clinging to every piece of fat, not to mention it was hard to sleep which in turn causes more weight gain.  I swear these girls do so much cardio it ends up backfiring. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Gurrrrl that stress hormone will make your body go all caveman and hang onto that weight so you can survive and run from the T Rex or whatever.

Also, a drastic change in diet and exercise will make your metabolism slow down. 

33 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

HANNAH! THAT'S who I keep thinking of. I mean, she was nowhere NEAR the level of weight gain we're seeing and she was gones-ville. That's what pisses me off. It's so unfair. And Hannah seemed like a doll.

I actually thought Hannah's weight gain was pretty bad and very obvious, and I liked Hannah. It looked like she gained all of her weight in her midsection, which is just a killer in the uniform. Megan may overall be bigger than Hannah was when she got cut, but Hannah may have gained more than Megan did relative to her tryout weight. Kelli also seemed to have other issues with Hannah. She just seemed completely over her. With that said, K&J definitely have different standards for different girls. 

• Love 2

Cortisol also affects your sleep I think. Which is why if you're waking up at 3 am at nights you should be eating a light snack before bed.

1 hour ago, missmansfield said:

I think Madeline looks great with both straight and curly hair.

Someone on here once said Madeline looks like Taylor Swift and now I can't unsee it.

34ta5py.jpg  tumblr_me8by7lcy01rt2432.gif

Edited by MaryWebGirl
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I have my theory and it wasn't CMT crew either. DCC staff. 

I always got a "stage mom" vibe. She sounded very vested in several TCC candidates like Bethenny and Kyndall. My theory is a mom of the one of the girls from the rookie class that might not have made the team. 

• Love 1

Looking at the photo gallery on the DCC website from the last game - Megan is in pic #20.  She has a flat tummy and one chin.  I don't see a weight problem and that game was only a couple of weeks ago.

And who's idea was it to put Melissa between two taller girls in the kick line?  I thought the kick line was done by height.

39 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Looking at the photo gallery on the DCC website from the last game - Megan is in pic #20.  She has a flat tummy and one chin.  I don't see a weight problem and that game was only a couple of weeks ago.

And who's idea was it to put Melissa between two taller girls in the kick line?  I thought the kick line was done by height.

This is why I think Megan's issue is more a firmness deal than a weight deal. 

42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Granted half her body is covered by her arm and pom. 

I notice Amy T in the kick line, not Melissa. She's hunched over so that may be it?

Edited by HowdeeDo