Type keyword(s) to search

Kevin Can Wait - General Discussion

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, floridamom said:

I watched the 2/5 episode. Why no mention about the wonderful honeymoon in Italy? I thought it was supposed to be a big thing for this couple and such a nice, generous thing for Kevin to give his daughter and son in law, who he seemed to not be happy with.  These episodes don't relate to each other well, No connection at all from one episode to another. Weren't Kevin's other friends shown to also be part of Monkey Fist Security? Where did they go? They have never been seen together at this company since?

I think they hire new writers for each episode!  Lol

• Love 4
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Where has this show gone in the last couple of weeks? Haven't seen it listed.

A lot of shows have been off for the olympics; there is a new episode scheduled for Monday.

On 2/24/2018 at 9:44 AM, deaja said:

A lot of shows have been off for the olympics; there is a new episode scheduled for Monday.

I watched last night but maybe it was my imagination, but I could have sworn Kevin & Vanessa fixed each other up on dates before. It almost felt like I had already seen this episode. (Does that mean they are just so predictable, I just think I saw them because the outcome is seen coming a mile away?)

Don't watch this show every week, but was surprised to see how different Leah Remini looks (at least to me). Especially her eyes. They look like they have been stretched out sideways or something. 

Show still kind of needs to hit its stride. Hopefully.

• Love 1
(edited)

This was a recycled KoQ storyline. I think it was Spence who was dating the culinary school student. She would make food for Doug for assignments/homework. Carrie got mad and made him quit so the girlfriend started cooking for Deacon. This episode is the neighbor instead of Spence's girlfriend and Rootger (sp?) instead of Deacon. It was funny the first time!

KCW is such a mess! I don't get how it's still on the air. Even more, I don't get why I still watch it. If it hasn't gotten better by now, it's never going to get better. 

Edited by juliet73
  • Love 7

I found this episode more amusing than past ones, and the neighbour lady and her food interested me, but it's still not a great show. Yet I, too, continue to watch every week for some insane reason.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I found this episode more amusing than past ones, and the neighbour lady and her food interested me, but it's still not a great show. Yet I, too, continue to watch every week for some insane reason.

I'm right there with you. 

The way Kevin said the food at the reception would be ridiculous was pretty damn funny, I have to admit. 

• Love 2
On 3/6/2018 at 3:36 PM, juliet73 said:

This was a recycled KoQ storyline. I think it was Spence who was dating the culinary school student. She would make food for Doug for assignments/homework. Carrie got mad and made him quit so the girlfriend started cooking for Deacon. This episode is the neighbor instead of Spence's girlfriend and Rootger (sp?) instead of Deacon. It was funny the first time!

Yep It was better the first time

I miss Spence and Deacon , btw

• Love 5

The recent posts have shown that we all miss the KOQ more than we enjoy this show. Hey, at least we still have the reruns to enjoy!

I have tried and tried and then tried again with this show, it just hasn't found whatever it needs to be a good. They can not recreate the KOQ using this show as the basis, it won't work and it hasn't worked. I don't know if part of the problem for me is that I can't see Kevin James/Leah Remini as anything other than Doug and Carrie Hefferan. Whatever it is, something is missing, at least for me.

I think the writers need to just stop trying to re-capture KOQ and truly embrace whatever this show is supposed to be when it grows up. I have realized that as much as I love/loved KOQ this ain't it and I need to bow out. I might check in occasionally to see if anything interesting happens, but I'm out my friends.

• Love 1

Last night’s show was a definite miss, as are most of them.

I miss all of the secondary characters mentioned above, as well as Mr. Pruzan.

I watched Man With A Plan after & found it fairly decent.

• Love 2

I found Man with a Plan pretty good, as well.

This Kevin eppy was just a miss for me. Maybe I was not paying attention, but I did not laugh once; and I say this as a Kevin and Leah fan. I wish they had just rebooted KoQ like roseanne and will and grace did.

• Love 4

The actor playing the kid Kevin helped give birth to made some weird choices. Like, I could never get his motivation. The whole time I was thinking he had some ulterior motive and then when he blanked during the interview, I thought it was on purpose until he asked if he did okay. Weird.

Monkey Fist Monkey Fist Monkey Fist

• Love 4
On 22/03/2018 at 1:31 AM, niklj said:

The actor playing the kid Kevin helped give birth to made some weird choices. Like, I could never get his motivation. 

I'm not sure there was any motivation.  The writers are all over the place.  They decided to have the character without thinking anything through as to how they were going to resolve it.  Really bad episode.

• Love 1

I thought the resolution of the teen's storyline was that he was angry/disappointed that Kevin (who put on a badge of a random baby photo for the TV interview) was only interested in promoting himself and Monkey Fist rather than how Kevin's actions had made a difference for the teen and his mother.  Because of his anger, he refused to tell the story on air with all the drama he had brought to it before.  After the interview, he and Kevin would talk about it, Kevin would apologize for being selfish, and the two would hug it out in the typical sitcom fashion.

I was wrong.

• Love 5
On 12/01/2018 at 2:25 PM, Gothish520 said:

His character is one of my favorites on the show. Much less annoying than Danny on KoQ

Actually, I preferred Danny.  I recently saw the KofQ episode about his bachelor party, where nobody wants to come & Carrie gets a stripper with a cast on her leg.

I am now finding myself fast-forwarding through at least one or two scenes an episode. Last week I couldn't watch most of the talk show scene, this week it was most of the discussion about Vanessa's birthday. The hightlight was Rutger's light up outfit, which he didn't even turn on at the actual party. 

I watch all family scenes (home and at the pizza place) and most of the stuff with Rutger and Kevin's friends. I really hate to say it, but Leah is the weak link here. I don't find Vanessa's relationship with Kevin interesting, and the scenes between them are the most painful to sit through. 

20 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Oh gosh, I didn't care for it at all.  On the plus side, I've started watching, Man with a Plan, which follows & it's sometimes amusing.  Kevin just isn't doing it for me.

I think I will give that one a try. I like Matt LeBlanc, don't really know why I haven't watched the show yet.

• Love 1

IMO they did ok, acting-wise, with the birthday episode; but the storyline itself is SO tired. How many different sitcoms have covered the whole "woman is feeling bad about getting older" and "someone gets upset thinking all their friends don't care/forgot about their birthday, but surprise! there's a big party!" storylines? And here, this show threw in both, like, we totally dgaf, just toss in all the recycled storylines and call it a day.

On another note, was anyone else surprised the party could fit all those people? I always had the impression that the Monkey Fist office was fairly small...because, y'know, they can't afford more. And whenever they've shown that room before, it's really just the couch and where Rutger sits. But now it's suddenly as big as a banquet hall.

• Love 1

Kevin as Prince reminded me of Weird Al in the "Fat" video. I apologize if that sounds like body shaming; I think Kevin James is very handsome, and I do not consider him to be all that overweight. 

• Love 1

I was watching an episode of K of Q last night and there was Rutger!  He was the bouncer at the club where Carrie got in but he would not let Doug in. (The episode where Doug bribes the construction workers to catcall Carrie. )

• Love 1

Thought we were going to get a nice scene with Kevin remembering his late wife at the meeting. Instead we get a stupid 20 year old World Series joke.

I'm with everyone else who wishes they would have done a King of Queens reboot instead.

I only saw a couple of minutes, but I saw the scene where Chale  went nuts and told Kevin that it was a smoking gun, not a smoking bun, and only an idiot would think it was a smoking bun.  About time, Chale put Kevin in his place, even if he was trying to avoid doing so.

• Love 5

Wow. Still not getting any better, maybe it's getting worse? I cringed at the scene acting like he was going to remember his late wife but it was actually about baseball. Just awful. That was an easy line to throw in about her and they still couldn't acknowledge the wife (even without acknowledging the actress). Tells me a lot about them. 

I catch old King of Queens episodes and I just think how badly this show misses the mark. Even if they brought back the entire KOQ cast, I don't think they could recapture the magic. Given the nostalgia tv happening with Will and Grace, Roseanne, Murphy Brown, I bet they are kicking themselves about not rebooting the King of Queens. 

• Love 6

Ralph Macchio!! Love him! As for the rest of the show...awful, just like the weeks before! Why does Leah yell her lines?! Every.Single.One.Of.Them!

Edited by juliet73
  • Love 2
On 4/10/2018 at 4:36 AM, Katy M said:

I only saw a couple of minutes, but I saw the scene where Chale  went nuts and told Kevin that it was a smoking gun, not a smoking bun, and only an idiot would think it was a smoking bun.  About time, Chale put Kevin in his place, even if he was trying to avoid doing so.

I don't know why I found "smoking bun" so funny but I did. That scene showed me this cast really found its chemistry.

• Love 1

I've added "The Dangerous Book for Boys" to my Amazon watchlist. Swoosie Kurtz is my queen, and I love Chris Diamantopoulos. I do think that Erinn was miscast as Donna Gable (too young & no chemistry with Kevin James), but she is a good actress and I am glad she got something positive out of the situation. 

MOTHER OF GOD! Please I'm begging you, make Kevin Gable less of a bumbling IDIOT! HOW could this man have a family and or reproduce? How could he had made it to retirement with a Gun??? You have GOT TO make him not absolutely SCREW up everything he touches and be such a complete MORON in this show. It is PAINFUL to watch, and it makes my left arm numb watching Kevin be such a COMPLETE DUNCE....  It can be funny without him having the IQ of a breadstick.... 

• Love 11