Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Free Ballin'

Kroy enters NFL free agency, which could mean a big move is in the family's future.  Also, Ariana dreads beginning high school in a new city, and Brielle serves as Kim's assistant, but she struggles to meet Kim's demands. 

What happened to Brielle's  career in broadcasting I wonder.  It's probably not good for her to have no job and not be going to school.  Kroy seems to be putting pressure on her to move out but Kim seems determined to continue coddling her.  Maybe the fortune teller will turn out to be right and she'll get married this year and I hope she marries someone rich because the girl has very few life skills and no drive to learn any or to take care of herself.

• Love 2

Brielle is really a shiftless loser. Kroy seems so over it. She's Kim's assistant? But she refuses to get out of bed in the morning and spends most of her time distracting the chef and making Snapchats. Alrighty then. And, maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't feel comfortable having an assistant who thinks there's only 11 months in the year. 

Send KJ out to pick up lunch. HE can surely add. 

And apparently Kim has another assistant? A virtual assistant? Who lives in Colorado? So random and weird. Because Kim can't Google. She is truly a pampered diva. 

I'm not even going to bother getting all worked up about where they will be living, because I bet Kroy will just play with the Falcons again. 

• Love 3

I think that Kroy is very much aware of how long of a playing career can be expected, and at what stage of that career he currently finds himself. I think he is also very aware of Brielle being just as much high maintenance as Kim - if not more...at least Kim has displayed a bit of hustle over the seasons of ATL and Tardy. Brielle, unfortunately, seems to be of the opinion that everything should be handed to her since she's the spawn of a 'celebrity'. Someone needs to educate her on the difference between A List and D List and exactly how that determines how much of an impact it has on what sort of career she can expect to secure.

• Love 5

On WWHL Kim mentioned Tampa Bay has shown some interest in Kroy. That would be a much better "commute" for him. My impression is that if he doesn't get picked up in a few more weeks, his playing career is over. Bye bye baller lifestyle, Kimbo!

• Love 4

My favorite line of this episode was Kim saying something like if they move she has to change her style of parenting with each child. And what exactly is her style of parenting now? Because to me it looks like having her husband or someone else watch them while she shops, sleeps and eats?

Seriously did Brielle graduate high school? If so, how! She better start looking for her own Big Poppa to take care of her!

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Seriously did Brielle graduate high school? If so, how! She better start looking for her own Big Poppa to take care of her!

Sadly, I think a lot of kids slip through the cracks. I don't know how; I've been out of school for almost 20 years and I have no experience with my own kids. They've been homeschooled from the start. But every day I see young people who cannot spell, cannot do basic math, have no general knowledge of history or geography. I once went into a liquor store, showed my ID, and was asked what state Nebraska was in. I don't think Brielle is THAT much of an anomaly. 

• Love 4
Just now, ghoulina said:

Sadly, I think a lot of kids slip through the cracks. I don't know how; I've been out of school for almost 20 years and I have no experience with my own kids. They've been homeschooled from the start. But every day I see young people who cannot spell, cannot do basic math, have no general knowledge of history or geography. I once went into a liquor store, showed my ID, and was asked what state Nebraska was in. I don't think Brielle is THAT much of an anomaly. 

I don't think Brielle's educational issues are that rare either. I see it at my daughters high school all the time, just as it happened eons ago when I was in school. I just find it sad, especially since her issues are being seen by millions of viewers. But she probably does not care if others see her as not properly educated. Especially since she does not have to worry about getting a job a supporting herself.

9 hours ago, zulualpha said:

What happened to Brielle's  career in broadcasting I wonder.  It's probably not good for her to have no job and not be going to school.  Kroy seems to be putting pressure on her to move out but Kim seems determined to continue coddling her.  Maybe the fortune teller will turn out to be right and she'll get married this year and I hope she marries someone rich because the girl has very few life skills and no drive to learn any or to take care of herself.

Brielle is dating a guy that plays for the Boston Red Socks now. She has no future except to marry some money.  She will be preggers soon and divorced a few years later. Really what else has she got going on?  I predict she is going to follow in Kims footsteps exactly. In the beginning of the relationship,Kroy used to be pretty strict with the girls, now that he has his own kids he seems to have surrendered to Kim's way of parenting. I just can't stand the way they curse in front of their kids. 

• Love 4

Brielle was raised by a woman with no discernible skills other than the ability to attract rich men, and, her mother has managed to have a good life.  I assume Brielle will take the same path.  I will say, though, that both she and her sister seem to be pretty nice kids.

• Love 6

Brielle did graduate from high school, as Kim said "I don't know how she pulled it off but she did".  She's not interested in academics but she could learn how to do hair or make up or learn some basic computing skills.  

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

In the beginning of the relationship,Kroy used to be pretty strict with the girls, now that he has his own kids he seems to have surrendered to Kim's way of parenting.

I think Kroy views Brielle as an adult now because that's the way he was raisied, 18 being an adult.  He told Kim last night, you really can't tell an 18 year old what to do.  Kim seems to view Brielle as still a child and I kind of agree with her.  Kim should insist that Brielle get a life, school or a job period.  She's not doing the kid any favors by letting her skate by on Bravo paycheck which she's probably getting now.

2 hours ago, zulualpha said:

I think Kroy views Brielle as an adult now because that's the way he was raisied, 18 being an adult.  He told Kim last night, you really can't tell an 18 year old what to do.  Kim seems to view Brielle as still a child and I kind of agree with her.  Kim should insist that Brielle get a life, school or a job period.  She's not doing the kid any favors by letting her skate by on Bravo paycheck which she's probably getting now.

My dad would always say" As long as you're living under my roof, you will live by my rules"!! It didn't matter if we were 5 or 25. And I agree. I would tell my own son the same thing. If he was lazy like Brielle. Which thank god he isn't.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, zulualpha said:

Brielle did graduate from high school, as Kim said "I don't know how she pulled it off but she did".  She's not interested in academics but she could learn how to do hair or make up or learn some basic computing skills.  

It's tricky with kids between 18 and 21. They aren't true adults and they often need a lot of parental guidance, but they're not kids either. You want them to start taking on adult responsibility and to get a job or get in school. On the other hand, there's only so much control you can exert, unless you simply give them a deadline for "work, school, or move out on your own". My feeling is that Kim hopes Brielle will snag a rich guy and get married, even though she says she doesn't want Brielle to marry so young. On WWHL Kim and Brielle claimed that Brielle is enrolled in some technical broadcasting program. There's something like that at our local community college. I guess if she is at least doing those classes, Kroy can consider it "being in school".

My favorite part of last night's episode: Arianna dropping the dime on her mother re: "She has no other friends than Kroy." That is FASCINATING, especially when one remembers we were treated to almost a season's worth of Wig's "best friend", the stylist that was her "best friend", etcetera. In other words, Wig is one of those women who can't be friends with other women. They get in the way of the almighty dick -- oops, wallet.

I would be pulling my hair out by the handfuls if I had to deal with Brielle. There is no excuse. Either she enrolls at the local community college/tech school or she gets a job. End of discussion. I can't believe Kroy is allowing it, either. Does he want her living at home at 40? Also, the fact that her own mother tee-hees that she can't perform the tasks required to be an assistant -- hey, Wig, you're not helping, either. 

One can only imagine the reaction of some of Kroy's former teammates and those in NFL front offices to Wig's little speech about how much she hates the NFL, etcetera. Has it dawned on her yet that she might be a lot of the reason why her husband is having such a hard time getting another contract? Any team that signs him is going to have to deal with her as well, and I'm guessing most don't want to. There's also that whole thing about the fact he's aging in a position that the average player is in his mid-twenties.

One more time for the cheap seats: Bitch, please.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, citychic said:

Kim has seriously achieved her goal of looking like a blow up doll.

Kkimdoll.jpg

Isn't that the truth?  I noticed her lips were wonky during most of the scenes, like she just had botox or some other lip injectable.  They seemed more swollen & puffy & sort of out of alignment (hard to explain.)

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Isn't that the truth?  I noticed her lips were wonky during most of the scenes, like she just had botox or some other lip injectable.  They seemed more swollen & puffy & sort of out of alignment (hard to explain.)

That picture I put up just struck me as so odd. Like Kroy was on a completely different reality showed called "I'm dating a  Stepford Mannequin" and he has this lifelike mannequin out to dinner like it's perfectly normal. Her lifeless stare, the way she's holding the silverware as if it's glued to her hand. It's just so weird what she's doing to herself and Brielle.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

My favorite line of this episode was Kim saying something like if they move she has to change her style of parenting with each child. And what exactly is her style of parenting now? Because to me it looks like having her husband or someone else watch them while she shops, sleeps and eats?

As somebody who moved from NJ to the Atlanta metro area as an adult, the education here compared to the kind I got up north is abysmal. One of my cousins goes to a magnet school that has a rigorous admissions process but I looked at her 10th grade algebra homework the other day and it was on par with what I was learning in 8th grade pre-algebra...15 years ago. We looked up the stats for her school vs. my old school and it's truly damning. Hers is a STEM-focused magnet school and yet their math proficiency is at something like 30% while my regular old high school is at 81. If that's the kind of education she's getting at a so-called college-level STEM school, imagine what Brielle was getting.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, luvly said:

As somebody who moved from NJ to the Atlanta metro area as an adult, the education here compared to the kind I got up north is abysmal. One of my cousins goes to a magnet school that has a rigorous admissions process but I looked at her 10th grade algebra homework the other day and it was on par with what I was learning in 8th grade pre-algebra...15 years ago. We looked up the stats for her school vs. my old school and it's truly damning. Hers is a STEM-focused magnet school and yet their math proficiency is at something like 30% while my regular old high school is at 81. If that's the kind of education she's getting at a so-called college-level STEM school, imagine what Brielle was getting.

That is so interesting. I was born and mosty raised in Texas but lived in many northern states as a child. And every school we would go to we had to wait for them because we were so far ahead in what we had learned compared to them. Then again this was over thirty years ago and maybe we were just blessed with good schools where we lived in Texas. 

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:35 AM, ghoulina said:

I had to laugh when I read this!  My husband recently purchased some wine at a grocery store and because of the law, the clerk had to ask him about his birthdate.  My husband with a straight face said "1860".  The clerk entered it and didn't even blink.  My husband is 63, looks 63, or younger but I'm still laughing thinking about the dumb clerk!

I don't mind this show, at least these dopes are usually smiling.  I'm getting so tired of the "meet for lunch and discuss the latest slight between the women on all of the housewive's shows."  

• Love 3
On September 23, 2016 at 1:14 PM, watcherwoman said:

I had to laugh when I read this!  My husband recently purchased some wine at a grocery store and because of the law, the clerk had to ask him about his birthdate.  My husband with a straight face said "1860".  The clerk entered it and didn't even blink.  My husband is 63, looks 63, or younger but I'm still laughing thinking about the dumb clerk!

I don't mind this show, at least these dopes are usually smiling.  I'm getting so tired of the "meet for lunch and discuss the latest slight between the women on all of the housewive's shows."  

If you REALLY want to mess with a young clerk, do this:

Let's say your total purchase is $16.65.  Give the clerk $21.75 and watch them lose their mind!  The majority of them cannot figure it out.

Edited by farmgal4
Decided to add a word/sentence.
  • Love 1
On September 22, 2016 at 8:17 PM, citychic said:

That picture I put up just struck me as so odd. Like Kroy was on a completely different reality showed called "I'm dating a  Stepford Mannequin" and he has this lifelike mannequin out to dinner like it's perfectly normal. Her lifeless stare, the way she's holding the silverware as if it's glued to her hand. It's just so weird what she's doing to herself and Brielle.

Maybe she's doped up on something.

I can't watch more than a few minutes of this show. Kim is beginning to look like the Catwoman of plastic surgery fame. Brielle is close on her heels. I didn't realize what a big boob job Brielle got until she got up to leave her sister's bedroom. Yikes!!

The twins are adorable. Looks like Kroy spends more time with them than Kim does. I want a job as a virtual assistant.

• Love 1

I haven't watched and probably won't; I find your comments far better than the show and 100x more intellectual. Agreed that Brielle will go into the family business and start calving paychecks, divorce, repeat. Regarding Brielle's prideful ignorance and lack of education, I can say categorically that most of a child's education and success in school depends upon his or her parents' involvement. It is clear that Wig was the type whose involvement ended with putting her spawn on the big yellow bus. So many of the apes on reality tv have zero interest in education, and it shows when their children end up ignorant and uneducated. Regarding Kroy, like they say, NFL stands for "not for long."

Brielle, unfortunately, seems to be of the opinion that everything should be handed to her since she's the spawn of a 'celebrity'. Someone needs to educate her on the difference between A List and D List and exactly how that determines how much of an impact it has on what sort of career she can expect to secure.

She oughta go talk to Asslee, Jacqueline's daughter on RHoNJ. The smartest career move that dope has made is getting knocked up while her mother is still on the show. But of course, she blew it as well, since she got knocked up by an alleged "fiancé."  So many of the RH spawn are doing nothing -- Tamra's Ryan, Jacqueline's daughter, Nene's Big Dummy (tm Fred Sanford) son.  There are notable exceptions, of course.  NY children seem to be doing well and of course, there's Yolanda's kids, who could buy and sell MOST of the housewives!

• Love 2
On 9/24/2016 at 3:06 PM, farmgal4 said:

If you REALLY want to mess with a young clerk, do this:

Let's say your total purchase is $16.65.  Give the clerk $21.75 and watch them lose their mind!  The majority of them cannot figure it out.

I watch my friend do this all the time to cashiers. And they do get flustered and she tells them how it works.

But to be fair... when I first worked in retail (back in 2002) the first time someone did that to me I was thrown off too and they explained it to me and from then I had a clue.  So I think it's just not normal instinct to realize people are giving you a weird amount to get an easier amount of change back.