Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

I have no sympathy for the bicyclist in the bike vs. car vs. dumpster case, because the bicyclist was on the wrong side of the freaking street!

Bicycles are vehicles.  Bicycles are supposed to ride on the same side of the street as cars.  And bicycles are not supposed to ride on sidewalks.

• Love 4

After watching the episodes today, I'm left with these thoughts:

• I never knew that a truck/car could be disabled remotely. That's a handy tool for the creditors, but there's something about it that gives me the creeps. "Big brother is watching" or something.

Speaking of creditors, Mel Farr Ford in Metro Detroit was using a similar device back in 1999 when his dealership advertised "bad credit or no credit", you could lease a car from Mel Farr Ford.

• Love 2

Regarding today's repeat: the case of the mother suing the photographer for baby pictures. JJ said something about the mother having "a beautiful baby" & that's why the photographer wanted to use the pictures for marketing purposes. I got myself all ready to see some super-cuteness----and then!.....

Ummm.

Mmmm! Um....

Damn! Err-uh....Ooooh-weee....!

#SMH&ScrunchingUpMyFace

Don'tsayitdon'tsayitdon'tsayit

Pray for me, ya'll. I just don't feel right about my feelings....

• Love 6

I am so tired of hearing Judy Judge rant about checks.  Hubby and I have a checking account, have had one for years but the only time we write checks is for the local school because they won't take debit cards. Everything else in our life is paid by debit cards or cash drawn out on the debt card.  I have had the same check blanks in my check book for 3 years and in 3 years I have written 16 checks.  It's a different world out there.

• Love 8

The STAL-KING man's voice sounded like when you play a 45 rpm record at 33 1/3.

I got myself all ready to see some super-cuteness----and then!.....

Thank you for making me feel so less alone.

I Googled Monica Trujillo photography and came up empty for her "business." THIS IS VERY SHOCKING. How could her lucrative business model have failed?

And why did the Defendant care if those pics were watermarked? I doubt anyone else would want a copy of any of them.

Areana, did you learn anything, like do not move in with a freaky stalker with a Joker-like permagrin and who appears to be high on...something...at all times? Maurice seemed to be programmed to say only: "She owe me the money for the car she wrecked", since that was his answer to every question. He did not deviate. Byrd shakes head in disgust.

We had brothers, Bilbo and Frodo, with dumb facial hair. Oddly short-armed plaintiff seems to be a picture-perfect example of a government worker. Yes, he has all the evidence he needs to win his suit, but well, he didn't bring it. Duh. Def. Frodo is 24 and can't remember how many times or when he got arrested for possession of weed because, well, he's always HIGH on weed. Another one who simply cannot learn by experience.

Deactiveated car? I love it. That's what they use in some places on bait cars. Why do I have a feeling that Shawante(?) and Torey (who could probably afford the car he bought if he scaled back on the Happy Meals) have done this before, i.e. bought a car they couldn't afford and had no intention of paying for, just driving it until it gets repo'd and then rinse and repeat? I bet they didn't know about the deactivation mechinism! Haha. Why the plaintiff, who wasn't working, thought lending them the money was a good idea, I cannot imagine.

Maybe I missed something but didn't the defendant say when the tow truck arrived she thought oh someone's getting towed? Who sent the tow truck? I thought it was sent by the car dealer/repo. I hear they put a Gps locator in the cars of high credit risks, in addition to the deactivating mechanism. When the decision is made to repo, the deactivation is done and the gps locates the car, a tow truck is dispatched to collect it. Otherwise these fools just disappear with the vehicle, take it out of state or hide it, changing the plates etc.

Maybe I missed something but didn't the defendant say when the tow truck arrived she thought oh someone's getting towed? Who sent the tow truck? I thought it was sent by the car dealer/repo. I hear they put a Gps locator in the cars of high credit risks, in addition to the deactivating mechanism. When the decision is made to repo, the deactivation is done and the gps locates the car, a tow truck is dispatched to collect it. Otherwise these fools just disappear with the vehicle, take it out of state or hide it, changing the plates etc.

The story changed a bit as more information was gathered, but since the story wasn't presented in a linear timeline it got confusing.

What I took away from it was that the two sisters had been spending a lot of time together in the past week and the sister that provided the funds was aware that her sister and the boyfriend were having trouble making the payments on time. 

When they came out of the store and the car wouldn't start, the plaintiff saw the tow truck nearby and put it all together.  She realized that the truck wouldn't start because the seller had turned it off remotely, and even said that the tow truck was waiting for them to leave so they could tow the vehicle away.

So the plaintiff had to clue the defendant in, then because she believed that both defendants had money coming soon she felt it was OK to lend them the money.  Unfortunately both defendants seemed to find no problem taking money and making no effort to repay it.

I have no sympathy for the bicyclist in the bike vs. car vs. dumpster case, because the bicyclist was on the wrong side of the freaking street!

Bicycles are vehicles.  Bicycles are supposed to ride on the same side of the street as cars.  And bicycles are not supposed to ride on sidewalks.

Was he? he was in a bike lane going with traffic. There was a dumpster in the bikelane so he had to go around it. he chose to go onto the sidewalk instead of the traffic lane; technically probably illegal, but it was a safety call for him. He was still going in the right direction (with traffic) and assumably would have cut back out onto the bike lane, probably at the entrance the other guy was turning in.

The biker was still in the wrong in any case; he should have been aware of the traffic around him, especially if he wasn't in the proper lane. By the diagram he hit the car in the side, so it was his fault for not staying aware of his surroundings. (But I think he tried to backtrack the diagram being wrong later on). The driver at least had an excuse that the biker was hidden by the dumpster, and had what seemed to be a clear turning situation. 

Which of course begs the question. If traffic was clear enough for the defendent to make the turn, it should have been clear enough for the biker to pull int othe vehicle lanes to bypass the dumpster. Which makes me suspect he may have been on the sidewalk illegally all the way, and going too fast for said sidewalk and his own awareness of his surroundings.

• Love 1

The story changed a bit as more information was gathered, but since the story wasn't presented in a linear timeline it got confusing.

What I took away from it was that the two sisters had been spending a lot of time together in the past week and the sister that provided the funds was aware that her sister and the boyfriend were having trouble making the payments on time. 

When they came out of the store and the car wouldn't start, the plaintiff saw the tow truck nearby and put it all together.  She realized that the truck wouldn't start because the seller had turned it off remotely, and even said that the tow truck was waiting for them to leave so they could tow the vehicle away.

So the plaintiff had to clue the defendant in, then because she believed that both defendants had money coming soon she felt it was OK to lend them the money.  Unfortunately both defendants seemed to find no problem taking money and making no effort to repay it.

Thanks for the clarification! I knew the tow truck didn't just miraculously appear!  It's actually a good way to get the cars back. They don't have to go on private property to repo or find out the car is kept in a locked garage. They use the GPS to find the car in a public location and then disable it and haul it away.

• Love 1

I think the deactiviation of cars of deadbeats is a necessity. Otherwise we have people like Dynastasia, who appeared here, saying "Just because I didn't pay for it don't give them the right to take it back" - people who buy and lease cars knowing damned well they aren't going  to pay for them.

• Love 5
Mel Farr Ford in Metro Detroit was using a similar device back in 1999 when his dealership advertised "bad credit or no credit", you could lease a car from Mel Farr Ford.

IIRC, Mel Farr Superstar got in some deep doo doo when those cars started "deactivating" while someone was driving, which they're not supposed to do (only when parked)

And Mel's had a setup with red/yellow/green lights so you'd know you weren't able to start the car because you hadn't made the payment. Of course, you should probably know that anyway. "But I was in the process of attempting to get in contact with the dealer about the payment. It wasn't MY fault"

• Love 2

In the first case, the defendant announced that she had insuranth that the plaintiffs were conth, but her non-verbals betrayed her left and right. And the plaintiff, Helan, was a robot, I think.  Helan's wiring shorted for a moment, and and she used this creatively combined adjective/adverb: "more recommendedly."

Mr. Burke (of the broken computer case) needs to spend less on fashions from the Miami Vice Collection, and spend some money on speech/articulation therapy for his son (18? He looked like he was 9).  Mr. Burke's goal is "to teach his son to be responsible"....that's all well and good, but what about the emotional implications of watching your parents on opposite sides of the courtroom because of something you did?  Kinda backwards.

In the case of the barely-there dent/stolen van---get defendant Tinisha Trower to an endocrinologist pronto! Either she's got a goiter, or she has an NFL neck.

• Love 4

Stalker guy was very scary!! I would have cut my losses and not sued him.

On a different note... do not buy the Burger King Red Velvet Oreo shake, large no less... and decide to drink it while driving home. I did and when the Oreos clogged the straw I decided to remove the top, and drink it without the straw, in traffic. My shirt now looks like I was in a war and my teeth, lips and chin are stained bright red. I had to circle the block several times to avoid my chatty next door neighbor. And it wasn't even all that good.

• Love 7
And did anyone else catch the look of amusement the little girl and the look of horror on the little boy when JJ referred to both of them as girls? I wonder why bug eyed woman didn't correct JJ? And so really? The plaintiff was an ass but the defendant was a bigger ass: It's ok to let my daughter in your house until you want me to fix something she did then I am going to fault you for everything that didn't bother me until you wanted me to pay for something!!  Seriously? It was ok to have a lady friend in the kitchen,until it wasn't??

Lol!  I didn't even notice the boy-girl mixup!  Too funny...poor little lad. 

That woman was such a tattle-tale, and it was so lame when she referenced the lady friend.  I wondered if the mean-faced woman is a friend of the ex-wife.  I consider myself to be a responsible person, and I think I'd let the kids play Wii without me staring at them the entire time.  I'd train them on how to fit/use the controller, and I'd check on them every 5 minutes or so... but their playing wouldn't prevent me from doing the dishes. Maybe that's wrong?

• Love 1

get defendant Tinisha Trower to an endocrinologist pronto! Either she's got a goiter, or she has an NFL neck.

Latisha (yes,I take notes!) and Latonya made my ears bleed. JJ, in desperation to find someone who could both STFU and understand questions posed in words of one syllable turned to Brother Dante. Alas, she was disappointed.

Helan's wiring shorted for a moment

I have a feeling the short was not momentary. I felt she was speaking in code and I couldn't decipher it. That doesn't change the fact that the defendant was both stupid and a liar. I've always found that be an exceedingly bad combination. Oh, and she likes to drive with no insurance. Probably no license either. "She's a con! She con people!" says the dumb liar who hits parked cars.

Mr. Burke (of the broken computer case) needs to spend less on fashions from the Miami Vice Collection

I never really watched Miami Vice, but in the bits and pieces I did see I don't recall anyone wearing that particular nausea-inducing shade of salmon.

• Love 4

In the first case, the defendant announced that she had insuranth that the plaintiffs were conth, but her non-verbals betrayed her left and right. And the plaintiff, Helan, was a robot, I think.  Helan's wiring shorted for a moment, and and she used this creatively combined adjective/adverb: "more recommendedly."

This is a most excellent wrap-up - complete with lisp!  Nice job.  I hope ToasterStrudel taped this. I'd still like to hear how many "purple gavelths" this one gets.  I don't often throw things at the TV, but April Stevens just about caught a couple of shoes in the teefs. Purple hair, blank checks, quickly changing stories ("Never seen her before in my life."  "Oh, wait, yeah, I have seen her at my house"), correcting Judge Judy (Tapped!).  Holy crap.  Worse, she almost had me convinthed that Helan was indeed running a con! How amazing that one can instantly look at a car and accurately assess the total cost of the damage. Dang. That's impressive.

The Brother/Sister combo - holy smokes. Ears bleeding, indeed. Rarely that a plaintiff drives me this crazy.  I sure hope JJ didn't have to film both these episodes on the same day. Hard enough to watch them!  Oh - and some couple named Clusterbutt or something to that effect? 

What a day.

• Love 4

Oh - and some couple named Clusterbutt or something to that effect?

Oh shit! I forgot Clackerbutt or whatever and her lisping boyfriend, Mr. Disgruntled (a word he must have just learned and was determined to impress JJ with it.) The plaintiff was willing to pay their rent merely in exchange for the pleasure of their company! Really, who wouldn't?  She was lonely, you see, and those two annoying, parasitic, overfed misfits were the perfect solution to her lonliness. Understandable, until you realize the plaintiff got the hell out of there.

• Love 3

Helan was as much a con artist as the plaintiff was.  She wrote out that fake blank check for $2500 because she did all of that repair calculation in her head without bothering to go to a repair shop, and then the estimate turned out to be $1700.  If the plaintiff hadn't written a bad check, it would be Helan who would have been the plaintiff.

• Love 4

My son noticed Googly Eyes today. I explained about her, her nickname from here, etc. He said "so it's like 'Where's Waldo' but uglier." I said "Exactly!" He was thrilled that he got a picture of her (obviously from this site) from a Google search. I was amused about Googling Googly Eyes.

• Love 6

My main point is that if you are in business, you should know stuff and protect yourself.

Yes, but then we would be stuck with nothing but dog bite and "I borrowed him that money" cases.

• Love 3

I got the impression that Helan had something to hide, which is why she didn't call the police nor file an accident report when the defendant "tapped" her bumper. I mean, of all the things that would run through my mind if my car had been hit while parked, calculating the possible cost of repair would not be first, much less insisting upon payment on the spot. Perhaps I'm too hellbent on vengeance, but I would prefer to get the police involved and have the perp be properly ticketed for no license/no insurance and whatever other charges, so that one day when she does get insurance her rates will be as high as mine will be after this little kerfuffle.

• Love 5

I don't know if Helan was a little shady, but she came across that way and appeared to be trying to make a profit from the accident.  As for April, is "out of town" a euphemism for "in jail"? I bet her brother never had any insurance or registration for the car either.

defendant "tapped" her bumper.

Nothing will ever top another case where def. said she'd "tapped" the plaintiff's car, but when we saw the awesome video footage it was clear she all but sent his car into orbit.

• Love 5

I don't know if Helan was a little shady, but she came across that way and appeared to be trying to make a profit from the accident.  As for April, is "out of town" a euphemism for "in jail"? I bet her brother never had any insurance or registration for the car either.

Nothing will ever top another case where def. said she'd "tapped" the plaintiff's car, but when we saw the awesome video footage it was clear she all but sent his car into orbit.

I know exactly the case you are talking about - the car on two wheels completely going over the top of the other car. A classic "tap"!!!!!!!

The defendant was driving without a license in a car with no insurance. She might have had some warrants or something shadier and could have ended up in jail (all over a "tapped" bumper lol) . Helan probably realized she had a cash cow on the hook who was ready to moo- until that check BOUNCED HARD. So please to explain to me my friend why would you take a check from a criminal? Cos you're hopeful? Cos you're stooopid or because you got greedy? 

I've learned NEVER to trust another person in an accident. I hit a guy once who turned right smack dab in front of me. He STAGGERS out of the car holding his neck and collapses in the middle of the street. (mind you I'm in a minivan going maybe 20 mph and his car was old enough to be solid metal - my front end was destroyed but his only had a slight dent). His MOTHER comes running out of the nearby neighborhood and is wailing over his body when the po-po arrived. My insurance paid my claim but I ended up hooked for the deductible which back then was $500 and I was really poor. So State Farm takes the dude to court and I'm a witness - the guy LIES and says I was speeding, the mother gets on the stand and LIES saying that she saw the accident and I sped up and hit her son on purpose. I thought I was in the wrong courtroom. But the whole "act" he played was because he didn't have a license or insurance and wanted the ambooolance to take him instead of the cops. . As it was, I got a judgment that was worth nothing.  Lesson learned the HARD way. 

• Love 2

until that check BOUNCED HARD.

Wasn't it even worse? IIRC she didn't even have an account at that bank. Isn't that a serious crime?

She might have had some warrants or something

Don't you love how litigants casually toss out that they have warrants or yeah, sure - of course they've been arrested before, as though normal life includes run-ins with the law? It always fascinates me. The closest I've come to a cop was when I got a speeding ticket two years ago, and surprise! I actually had a license, registration AND insurance!

• Love 2

Wasn't it even worse? IIRC she didn't even have an account at that bank. Isn't that a serious crime?

Don't you love how litigants casually toss out that they have warrants or yeah, sure - of course they've been arrested before, as though normal life includes run-ins with the law? It always fascinates me. The closest I've come to a cop was when I got a speeding ticket two years ago, and surprise! I actually had a license, registration AND insurance!

Yeah, that's considered felony forgery.  Even bouncing your OWN check, if overdrawn, can get you in big time trouble, if they are so inclined.

• Love 2

I forget which case it was recently, but the defendant was going to pay the plaintiff when she got her tax refund, and she showed JJ a copy of her refund check....it was for a little over eight thousand dollars! Isn't a person having too much tax withheld if they get an $8.000+ refund?

• Love 4

I don't know if Helan was a little shady, but she came across that way and appeared to be trying to make a profit from the accident. As for April, is "out of town" a euphemism for "in jail"? I bet her brother never had any insurance or registration for the car either.

Finally watched this episode today. I think the whole thing was one giant scam. From Helan "doing the math in her head" to her witness who was way too rote with the, "On December 16, 2014, I witnessed (defendant's full name) hit Helan (last name)'s car and then she proceeded to run into the building to find out whose car it was." The defendant's shady story of running into some giant office building to find a car whose bumper she demolished? No. Just no. I think the three of those grifters knew each other, concocted the story and ended up with $1500 to split. Which should keep them all stocked up with meth for at least a week.

I forget which case it was recently, but the defendant was going to pay the plaintiff when she got her tax refund, and she showed JJ a copy of her refund check....it was for a little over eight thousand dollars! Isn't a person having too much tax withheld if they get an $8.000+ refund?

They probably didn't earn enough to have $8,000 taken out in the first place.  Those folks get Head of Household credit, earned income credit, child-care credit, etc., etc., etc.  I used to work at H&R Block, and was constantly amazed at how huge refunds were for some folks.

Your government at work.  For them, not for us.

• Love 10

They probably didn't earn enough to have $8,000 taken out in the first place.  Those folks get Head of Household credit, earned income credit, child-care credit, etc., etc., etc.  I used to work at H&R Block, and was constantly amazed at how huge refunds were for some folks.

Your government at work.  For them, not for us.

This is ONLY for people with children.  A poor childless slob like me never got those kinds of freebies.

• Love 4

Regarding today's repeat: the case of the mother suing the photographer for baby pictures. JJ said something about the mother having "a beautiful baby" & that's why the photographer wanted to use the pictures for marketing purposes. I got myself all ready to see some super-cuteness----and then!.....

Ummm.

Mmmm! Um....

Damn! Err-uh....Ooooh-weee....!

#SMH&ScrunchingUpMyFace

Don'tsayitdon'tsayitdon'tsayit

Pray for me, ya'll. I just don't feel right about my feelings....

I felt SO wrong about this post. I thought for sure I was going to hell in handbasket. Welp! It's nice to know I'll have plenty of company. (You know who you are! Lol!) I'll bring wine & snacks for the trip!

• Love 4

Latisha (yes,I take notes!) and Latonya made my ears bleed. JJ, in desperation to find someone who could both STFU and understand questions posed in words of one syllable turned to Brother Dante. Alas, she was disappointed.

JJ tried (& seemingly failed) to explain to him that his own sister was the reason he got arrested. The plantiff was being so coy with the defendant that she & her brother had repossessed the car for non-payment; the defendant legitimately thought the car was stolen & called the police. He seemed stifled for words. I didn't know if it was stage fright from being on television or if he's just not used to getting a word in edgewise around his run-off-at-the-mouth sibling.

• Love 2

I've gotten a huge refund a few years, when my husband is deployed In a combat zone his income is tax free. Also for the six years he got bonuses they took a huge chunk of money out and we got most of it back.

I'm ready for some better cases considering its sweeps and we've really only had one or two so far.

• Love 2

Restau-Rat Business - Hey hey hey!  It looks like the litigants showed up to scam JJ.  In the hallterview, the plaintiff said it was her fault for not doing due diligence, and the defendant, yes, the defendant!  said that JJ made the right decision... and he lost big time.  Two roaches.

Purse Contraband - This is my favorite defense.  The plaintiff got caught with drugs when the driver feel asleep at the wheel and crashed.  All her legal troubles are his fault and he should paid for them!  I am not sure why JJ threw them out, he gave her the money, she paid the lawyer so he doesn't have a receipt.  The defendant cackled in the hallterview: "no more relationships!" Sure, cretin, that's the lesson we're all learning here.  Two gavels.

Forgeries? - These litigants were shipped back to small claims... were the documents that were presented forgeries?  One gavel.

Parasites - Boyfriend with DUIs and DUI classes and false teeth (I always suspect meth) takes in Mother-of-the-Year in the house he rents from his parents.  Her two kids are much better off (she says herself) one with her ex, the other with her mother.  She thought he should pay for her expenses while she squatted, and had the nerve to file a restraining order when he tried to access HIS own house.  She said he was "scary" and plotting to steal all her lousy belongings.  Her face was really scrunched up.  She still wants him.  Three gavels.

• Love 3

This is ONLY for people with children.  A poor childless slob like me never got those kinds of freebies.

There have been a few cases on JJ where people have allowed others to claim their children in order to get the child tax credit and to be able to claim head of household, along with the standard deduction for each kid. Generally they can't file for themselves because they owe money to Uncle Sam for school loans or have tax liens against them for prior years. This way they allow their granny or auntie or cousin to claim the kids and split the windfall with them. Sometimes they have more than one kid and parcel them out at tax time. They got to earn their keep, even at that age.

I got so sick of hearing the owner of the Restau-Rat business say, "I splained them."

I guess JJ thought the litigants in the first episode's last case were in cahoots?? They were not even permitted to have a hallterview.

Parasites - Boyfriend with DUIs and DUI classes and false teeth (I always suspect meth) takes in Mother-of-the-Year in the house he rents from his parents.  Her two kids are much better off (she says herself) one with her ex, the other with her mother.  She thought he should pay for her expenses while she squatted, and had the nerve to file a restraining order when he tried to access HIS own house.  She said he was "scary" and plotting to steal all her lousy belongings.  Her face was really scrunched up.  She still wants him.  Three gavels.

I think that lady was completely full of shit. Spare us the fake crocodile tears. Just like you said, Toaster Strudel -- Mother of the Year....I wouldn't doubt that there were other reasons for the kids being with other people. She seemed unstable with all that crybaby crap.

• Love 5

Parasites - Boyfriend with DUIs and DUI classes and false teeth (I always suspect meth) takes in Mother-of-the-Year in the house he rents from his parents.

I fucking loved them! The oddly prissy yet creepy drunk driver, Jeramiah, who lives in his Mommy's house and still can't afford a 1,000$ POS truck, vs. Jennifer, looking like the love child of the Queen of Hearts and a disgruntled bulldog,  were fabulous. I guess the bulldog didn't get the memo that her tears are wasted here.

The bulk of Jeramiah's case was a claim against Jenn for attorney's fees, but guess what? He doesn't have proof with him that he paid it. Yeah, that'll fly, you fool.

QuoteRestau-Rat Business

Whatever the deal was, I just hope everyone who saw the dirty little slimebucket, Amir, who gets repeated violations for the filthy conditions of his kitchen knows now not to patronize any establishment he may open. I don't know if they were all scamming, but the def. knew he owed the money and that he could never pay it, so that's probably why he agreed to appear here and expose himself for the disgusting worm he is.

QuotePurse Contraband

Another peanut mouth! What are the odds? The incredibly short plaintiff is the second one on the same day to not have the evidence around which his whole case hinges. Get out!

• Love 5

So I'm watching this afternoon's episode and realize I must be seeing something different from what ToasterStrudel sees. DUI? Teeth?  Huh?  But wait! There's more! At last, after a looooong case, I see it is!  It IS the same case Toaster saw! What a wreck. Couple of weeks ago, JJ referenced all the jumping through hoops landlords (the good ones) have to go through to get rid of squatters. Soooo true!  And the defendant Just. Never. Got. It. You say you are going to move out in two months? Then get out!  (We've only had a couple of times where the sheriff has had to come and move people out. And still, she claimed, "If you'd only told me you wanted me to move, I would have!" Grrrrrr.)

I had two additional new shows this morning. Nothing memorable, apparently. 

• Love 2

I feel like a big chunk was edited out of the "Forgeries?" case - on the surface, both litigants seemed reasonably put-together, well-dressed, probably employed (I think the plaintiff mentioned a job? I don't remember), and just more...I don't know, with it than a lot of the recent litigants. But I kind of agree with JJ that if the plaintiff had a checking account and didn't use it to just write the defendant a check, there might have been something a little shady going on. And I don't even remember what the defendant's counterclaim was.

That said....

The litigants in the "Parasites" case also seemed fairly put-together at first glance...and then they just kept spiraling downward as the case went on (and on and on). This was another one of those cases where I couldn't tell who was more in the right/wrong than the other, but I'm just glad I don't have to personally deal with either one of them.

• Love 3

That was the first time I've seen them run the credits without a hallterview!

I really didn't know what to think about the litigants in the second episode.... She didn't move out on time, but he admitted to stringing her along... and there were kids... and it was his parents house... and restraining orders, and air compressors. So at the end I just felt sorry for myself for watching the whole thing.

• Love 6