Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

If we assume (as I did, too) that "she may have exaggerated things," I suspect that the fourteen lawsuits don't all exist.  As far as the fact that two people who worked for a moving company were no longer employed there, I'm thinking that's a job with a lot of turnover . . . so two people leaving isn't that big of a deal.

I work part time delivering pizza, also a high turn over. There are a few of us who have been there for years and years, but most are short timers. There have been more than a few that barely last until their first pay check - and a couple who have quit after their first night. (Even had one guy who was caught making deliveries in a stolen car whIle going through the gate to get on Post.)

I 100% agree with you.  She should have packed those lamps and moved them herself.  She said she bought them "at a gallery in Paris" - but had no proof.  She might just as well have bought them at a yard sale down the street.

As JJ told her right off the bat, JJ and P were NOT going to get along. Guess P had never bothered to watch the show before her appearance, but you get nowhere trying to testify your own way instead of answering JJ's question.... oh, and it's a big no-no to start each answer with a question or (as previously mentioned) "First of all..."

I would think that P could have somehow managed to get a copy of the contract sometime in the year since the move and known that the bill had to be paid before D could turn in a claim to his insurance. They may have been the worse movers of all time, but they moved a truck load of her stuff and worked a LONG day so they deserved to be paid something...

Another reason there may be high turnover is the hours this guy had his workers working - 14 hours of physical work. Had me wondering about how D runs his business. I get making estimates over the phone, but seems several things fell through the cracks on this job. First, before workers started packing/loading the junk priceless stuff, the on-site supervisor should have looked over the stuff, gone over the contract with customer, and revised the estimate and gone over things - like how they don't accepting personal checks for payment... or maybe I heard she tried to pay with a card (?) but it was declined... oh, and calling for reinforcements when faced with more junk to move than expected. I get a high turn over for the laborers, but I wonder about who was in charge on site. I think the worker who had the "family emergency" was the smart one on the crew - listened to P nagging every step of the way, realized he needed ear plugs and didn't have any, looked around at what all was to be moved, then called back to the office and asked to be replaced.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, GoodieGirl said:

Side note: I am getting my house ready to sell, can I just tell you I had no idea how many of these buggers I have accumulated?? And since I am downsizing from 2200 sq ft to 900 sq ft I have a lot of stuff to get rid of!

Oh my, I spent 20 years in the army, and for the most part, kept my junk down to manageable levels since I might have to move on short notice.... then, after retirement I spent 11 years in an apartment before buying this mobile home. My word, the amount of junk I managed to collect and cram into a 1 bedroom apartment! (Actually, there may still be a couple boxes of junk in the back closet that haven't been unpacked - only been here 8 years, after all.)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

If we assume (as I did, too) that "she may have exaggerated things," I suspect that the fourteen lawsuits don't all exist.  As far as the fact that two people who worked for a moving company were no longer employed there, I'm thinking that's a job with a lot of turnover . . . so two people leaving isn't that big of a deal.  The defendant said his company was licensed and bonded.  If they were as horrible as the plaintiff claimed, they'd have lost their bonding company long ago.

I 100% agree with you.  She should have packed those lamps and moved them herself.  She said she bought them "at a gallery in Paris" - but had no proof.  She might just as well have bought them at a yard sale down the street.

1 hour ago, Quof said:

Plaintiff is a realtor.  I expect most of what was being moved was generic knick knacks and paddywhacks, purchased at Homegoods, to stage houses. 

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe there's a Homegoods in Paris!  (LOL)

There are 20-ish cities in the US named "Paris", so technical she "might" not be lying, lol

• Love 8

14 complaints might mean 14 people didn't give them 5 stars on yelp or another review site.    I looked online, (I hope that's not breaking the rules on here, I'm new here) and someone with a very similar name and picture as the plaintiff is trashing them all over the internet, including saying they have a dozen small claims court cases, and two in civil court.   However, when I moved, I expected some damage (my stuff was mostly in storage, and the original movers were not great), and had minimal damage from the local movers I used last.    Also, the standard insurance you get with a move covers very little damage, but it's free.   If you want to cover expensive items you either get extra insurance, or move them yourself.     

Since the plaintiff is a realtor, my guess is she hits up estate sales, or gets giveaways from people who are downsizing.    In the San Diego area that will include retired Navy (a lot of retired Navy stay there after retirement for proximity to the bases, and medical facilities) who have been stationed all over the world, and would have items to get rid of like the lamp, and other items that were probably expensive when the original owner bought them, but much cheaper downsizing or at an estate sale. 

funky-rat-Exactly right, I've been to Paris Texas, but I doubt there's a Home Goods store there.   However, around here you can pick up a lot of decent furniture at the Habitat Restore, or the rescue mission thrift store.  

I'm good friends with a partner at a moving company, and the turnover is very high.     They have so many new hires that they have an old moving truck that's not worth fixing the engine, and they use it to train the movers how to pack and load a truck.  Two people leaving a hard, physical job like moving heavy furniture is normal.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm good friends with a partner at a moving company, and the turnover is very high.     They have so many new hires that they have an old moving truck that's not worth fixing the engine, and they use it to train the movers how to pack and load a truck.  Two people leaving a hard, physical job like moving heavy furniture is normal.   

My husband was a diesel mechanic, then branched out in to large truck/equipment tires when truck technology outpaced his knowledge and training, and he didn't want to go back to school.

Turnover for mechanics was generally low - you had to be trained, certified, and sometimes licensed, and you knew what you were getting in to.  Same with the welders they employed at the various places he worked.  Shop helpers, tire techs, etc were always shockingly high turnover.  Sometimes he'd come home and say he never learned the new employee's name before they walked out.  So I'm not surprised that moving companies would have high turnover.  He's back in the trucking world, but more in a desk job capacity, and he said turnover at his new employer is very low, per everyone he's talked to, but it's back to being mechanics, welders, etc - all skilled/trained workers.

• Love 4

Great work Mondrianyone!       Notice how many creditors just wrote her off, and didn't even file.        I bet that's why everything that was supposedly damaged was a 'valuable antique' or 'imported from Paris".         I bet that's why she had to move so fast too, because after the bankruptcy takes affect, good luck trying to get a decent rental, and I bet that's why she did her own staging (as someone above guessed) because staging companies probably know better than to deal with her.   

I wonder if that's her first chapter 13?   I guess we'll never know, but usually it's a long term pattern, and once the bankruptcy is cleared, they go right back to squandering every penny they can, or get credit for.    That's another reason the rent-to-own places get so much business, no background check required.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

I had a neighbor who, while renting the house next door, filed for bankruptcy. Somehow by the time it was all said and done, she was driving a brand new Ford F-150, had bought a brand new stainless steel side by side refrigerator and bought a nice new house across town and had her debts discharged.  Byrd and I would like to know how that works. Some people are really good at gaming the system I guess. 

Think I will stick with paying my bills despite that.

• Love 14

Maybe there's a Homegoods in Paris!  (LOL)

It's probably called Bon Maison LOL! (that's all I can come up with, I know the one in Spain is Casa Buena hahaha)

I'm trying to remember the last time my family  - including my mother -  and I were outside throwing rocks at each other, like cave people or warring primates, but I can't. I'm sure it's happened - why not? - but I just can't recall it. Maybe someone took some video.

I had video, but it's on my other cell phone and I don't have it anymore. That was about six cell phones ago, not counting the one I got on your plan last year. 

Lots of weather issues caused my satellite to blink on and off, so I got 6 minutes of JJ on one case and 7 minutes of another case. What happened with the esthetician that looked like she was put together with spare parts from varying sizes of stray women? All  I saw was the beginning of the case and then she was yelling in the hallterview. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Great work Mondrianyone! 

Excellent! I have to say I almost admire someone who is a deadbeat and shafts all her creditors yet has the amazing chutzpah to appear here and act so superior with all her upscale, valuable items for which she probably owes everyone. Guess her 2500sq.ft house was foreclosed on. She's even worse than I thought she was originally.

I'm glad I decided to watch today's hallterviews in which we learned that Mr.Englestein, diamond wheeler-dealer, used money he borrowed from his annoying, mouthy ex-wife to buy a "mail order bride from Vietnam." I love cases like this - no stabbing, smashed windows, multiple baby daddies, abused animals or fist/rock fights.

Ms. Ragan, daughter, spiralled into a serious, loud and long crying jag, over money her niece, the sluggish, dead-eyed "Cheyanne" borrowed from Ms.Ragan's mom - Cheyanne's grandma - and never repaid. Byrd reluctantly delivered tissues. JJ has zero sympathy, but waits out the blubbering, then tells Ms. Ragan Jr. to mind her own business. Cheyenne, who is 21, is on the fast track to success! She had a job once, but moved in with her 'fiance' (yeah right) got knocked up and quit her job to be a homemaker and feather the love birds' nest in preparation for the Upcoming Blessed Event. Cheyanne - yr doin' it right!

Then we has some big kerfuffle about some Kanye West shoes being traded and sold and def. said he got ripped off and when JJ asked why he didn't bring the shoes today since he doesn't want them, replies, "I have no answer to that." Whatever kind of grill he was sporting in his mouth was hideous.

Some kind of fraud going on with Ms.Heath suing her boyfriend, a sort of sawed-off Wolverine, for medical bills to fix his bum knee. He works for AT&T and has health insurance but it's "no good" and the hospital told him to pay the bill in cash for some bizarre reason, so he never claimed a dime on his insurance.  Ms. Heath paid it, she says, but the whole thing was so fishy JJ sent them back to small claims court.

3 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

What happened with the esthetician that looked like she was put together with spare parts from varying sizes of stray women?

You mean Ms. Yancy? Her diamond-dealing, mail-order bride purchasing ex had to pay her back 3700$ (I think that was the amount)?

• Love 9
12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

mail order bride from Vietnam.

12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

mail-order bride purchasing ex

I have to correct this quote, she actually said "Mail bride order", I know because I almost spit my wine out and rewound it to guffaw! 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Brattinella said:

JJ was being totally unreasonable (moreso than usual) and for some odd reason thinks that KNEE reconstruction surgery is an ELECTIVE surgery

Nah, she just smelled scam from the get-go and wasn't going to play their game.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Great work Mondrianyone! 

15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Excellent! I have to say I almost admire someone who is a deadbeat and shafts all her creditors yet has the amazing chutzpah to appear here and act so superior with all her upscale, valuable items for which she probably owes everyone.

It was actually no work at all.  Just typed her name into Google, and the bankruptcy doc was on maybe the first page of hits.  I don't usually cyberstalk JJ litigants, but her attitude was so off-putting that I couldn't help myself.  I agree with you, Angela, that the chutzpah it takes to put your business out there for all America to see is hard to imagine, but I guess my upbringing was a little too shame-based for that to compute with me.  Not always a bad thing.  It keeps me paying my bills, as Schnickelfritz says.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Quof said:

Nah, she just smelled scam from the get-go and wasn't going to play their game.

I got a whiff as well...

JJ:  "Can I call your insurance carrier and they'll tell me the same?"

Sawed-off Wolverine: "Well you can call them......but I don't know what they'll tell you...."

• Love 3

There was a lot of odd situations today.     

That knee replacement you pay cash for was totally phony.    I bet he was paying for some elective procedure involving plumbing, so the insurance wouldn't pay for it.   If he was really an insured employee, and needed knee replacement, it would have been paid for.     

The diamond buyer was all kinds of shady, and the ex was a piece of work too.   I'm surprised two scammy people who were so alike aren't still together.    I hope the mail order bride realizes what she's hooked up with, and runs for the hills.   

The two men with the Kanye West shoes were total scammers, and both seemed to be missing a few sandwiches from their picnic basket.  

The crying grandma, sobbing daughter, and fool granddaughter were all useless.   I hope Byrd is happy he's been supporting the entire crew for their entire lives, and will be adding other family members with loser boyfriends for years to come.  

• Love 5
17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Then we has some big kerfuffle about some Kanye West shoes being traded and sold and def. said he got ripped off and when JJ asked why he didn't bring the shoes today since he doesn't want them, replies, "I have no answer to that." Whatever kind of grill he was sporting in his mouth was hideous.

34 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The two men with the Kanye West shoes were total scammers, and both seemed to be missing a few sandwiches from their picnic basket.  

I was watching this episode while eating my dinner (with my wine!), so I wasn't looking at the TV when these two mush-mouthed dimwits started speaking. I had to look up and read the closed captioning (a requirement for most JJ episodes) to figure out what the hell either of them was saying! I wish I could say I'd never heard of something so ridiculous as collecting sneakers but I know there is a true market, although these two num-nuts will never be on the better end of any deal in that business. Even Kanye West would be mortified.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GoodieGirl said:

I was watching this episode while eating my dinner (with my wine!), so I wasn't looking at the TV when these two mush-mouthed dimwits started speaking. I had to look up and read the closed captioning (a requirement for most JJ episodes) to figure out what the hell either of them was saying!

Ain't that the truth. When I sit down to watch nowadays I automatically turn on the CC.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 7

Today’s case about a Maltese-poodle puppy that grew “too big”.

First, anyone who pays 2k+ for a MUTT deserves what they get.  I have almost always had purebred dogs which I did TONS of research about (even before the age of the internet, which was NOT easy or fast) and did my “due diligence” as Judge Judy says.  These two morons said they went to the PET STORE because they didn’t want to buy a dog “off the street”.  Umm... how about doing some research!  Even these new “designer breeds” now have some fairly reputable breeders (despite my own irritation with them) and you can have some idea of exactly what you are getting.  If you really want to guarantee size and don’t want a a purebred dog, then go to a shelter and get a dog that is a little bit older and closer to full-grown and you will be saving a life as well as getting what you want.

Second, it was RIGHT IN THE CONTRACT that the store didn’t guarantee size!  Sheesh!

Idiots...

• Love 13

Another case of buying a puppy mill designer mutt, and expecting to win at Westminster the next week.      When you buy a dog at a pet store, it's from a puppy mill, many times the papers are not the exact breeding they claim, and there is no health testing, or screening, and I"m betting no worming or shots either.     Just two people who swore that they were buying an expensive dog that would be what they wanted, didn't do their due diligence, and then had a dog that was too heavy for the wife to tote around like a grocery sack and claim it was an emotional support animal (I'm just guessing on that).      I've known quite a few people with carpal tunnel, and they could lift as much as the dog weighed, and dogs were born to use their feet and legs, so the fact I bet they toted the dog everywhere might be a reason it weighs more than it should.   I wonder how much extra food they're feeding it too.   

One place where I lived there was a small chain of pet stores.   They paid the breeder about 10% of what they sold the puppies for.   The puppies were all kinds of cross breeds, with AKC papers they managed to work out (sort of phony, mostly claiming well bred dogs were the parents, and they weren't), and the dogs back then (the early 1990s) sold for about $1,000 and up.     Then the pet store owner bought a bunch of his supplier's dogs, and then turned everything out together in a big lot with limited shelter out of town.   He would have combinations like Beagle and Bassett Hounds turned out together, and whatever the puppies look like is what he sold them for.     The pet store had guarantees, but knew you wouldn't sell the dog back once you fell in love with it.     The pet store finally was put out of business, but not for anything to do with being a animal abusing jerk.   

Great point But Your Honor (I love your name by the way), and the most I've ever paid for a dog was $200 from a shelter, so the plaintiffs get zero sympathy from me.   I feel sorry for the dog, and wonder if it's really still at the plaintiff's house.   

I hated everyone involved in the pool resurface/repaint, whatever that was about.   I think that the pool owner wanted a full replaster job, and she could say that and still get a cheap price.   I think when the pool owner announced it needed to be replastered, and painted, the contractor wanted more money, which was the right thing to do.    Replastering a pool is much more time consuming and expensive than stripping paint and repainting.      I think the entire case was a crock.   Also, the defendant's wife looked like her eye makeup was for an audition to play Cleopatra.     

The grandmother suing for traveling expenses to visit the grandkids who moved to get away from abusive exes was an idiot.    Another mommy who thinks her child abusing son was misunderstood, and I love the statement she made about the DA getting ready to dismiss charges, and I'm betting he's still in jail.    In fact I bet the money grandma of the year wanted would have gone directly to the son or his attorney.     When Judge Judy looked at the police report I thought she was going to have Byrd go over a slap grandma upside the head with the water jug.  Actually I was hoping she was going to have Officer Byrd do that.   

That case with the 'she's like a daughter to me' and the loan that did or didn't happen, and the notarized statement that did or didn't exist, and the bank records that showed nothing was bizarre.    I wonder how great the relationship between the young woman, and her 'family' is now, I'm betting she's not coming for Thanksgiving this year.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7

Apparently Queen Judy doesn't realize that an ATM withdrawal taken out on a Saturday might show up on a bank statement as a withdrawal dated on the following Monday, because transactions post on the next business day. Again, she embarrasses herself with her ignorance of modern life.

• Love 5

That grandma was Awful. Uggg. Judge Judy seemed really disturbed by whatever the police report was. Lady, if you have a bad relationship with the mother of your grandchildren, look at your terrible son! 

I don't feel bad for the puppy people at all. They did no research. I'm sure the pet store gave them a song-and-dance about how cute and small the dog would be, but that bill of sale covered the pet store's behind. Tough luck! ... But nice to see that their son loved the dog!

Edited by sandwoman
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, dwarmed said:

Apparently Queen Judy doesn't realize that an ATM withdrawal taken out on a Saturday might show up on a bank statement as a withdrawal dated on the following Monday, because transactions post on the next business day. Again, she embarrasses herself with her ignorance of modern life.

I wonder if this is something that varies from bank to bank and type of account you have. I have online banking. The way my bank handles this - or at least the way I understand it - is that after hours transactions (both deposits and withdrawals) are listed as "PENDING" until the next business day.  The next business day, the transaction is confirmed and the date reflected on the statement is when it was MADE - NOT when confirmed.... hmmm, wonder if it would make a difference if the amount was over my overdraft limit?

Oh well, I have to agree with JJ on this one. JJ didn't award any money - P didn't bring the written agreement mentioned in the texts. But JJ left it open so that P can refile once she collects her evidence  (and I agree D probably owes the money)

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, sandwoman said:

That grandma was Awful. Uggg. Judge Judy seemed really disturbed by whatever the police report was. Lady, if you have a bad relationship with the mother of your grandchildren, look at your terrible son! 

100% agree. D may in fact be a drunk who regularly closes down the bars - but how the hell would grandma know if years go by without talking? Oh, don't tell me... sonny boy keeps her posted on all the latest gossip during visiting day at the hoosegow.

25 minutes ago, sandwoman said:

I don't feel bad for the puppy people at all. They did no research. I'm sure the pet store gave them a song-and-dance about how cute and small the dog would be, but that bill of sale covered the pet store's behind. Tough luck! ... But nice to see that their son loved the dog!

Actually watched this one.... geez did these people actually think they had a case!?! Yeah... yeah they did.... even after JJ told them - repeatedly - that they had a WRITTEN contract which specifically said no way - even spelling out that nobody can guarantee the size a puppy will end up as an adult.

Course pet shop owner was no better - dude was a prime example of sleezy puppy mill/back yard breeder who is all about the money (that said, not all pet shops and small breeders are slime balls - but like JJ said, repeatedly, do your freakin' homework before paying a couple grand.)

• Love 10
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I hated everyone involved in the pool resurface/repaint, whatever that was about. 

Just awful, weren't they? I believe that Sweat was a pain in the ass (she couldn't keep her trap shut for 5 minutes here) who couldn't be satisfied, but also believe Bueno & Wifey ripped her off. I'm not sure, since I kind of lost interest and got distracted by Mrs. Bueno's huge fake eyelashes, which could be clearly seen even in long shots. Anyway, Sweat wins a judgement but still could not STFU and wanted a chance to air her grievances against the Buenos. She was denied the forum.

The grandmother suing for traveling expenses to visit the grandkids who moved to get away from abusive exes was an idiot. 

How sordid. Def likes to have kids with... whoever, doesn't marry some of the daddies, marries one of the daddies, gets the abusive daddy to come rescue her from the Tennesee daddy and now lives with her mommy and a bunch of kids. Three kids weren't enough for her and she needed a fourth. Yet, amid all this tempestuous back and forth, food stamps and child abuse and incarcerated Baby Daddy #1, it's nice she makes time to perfectly dye her hair purple. Grandma, who showed up in a low-cut top that revealed a massive cleavage nearly up to her chin, was utterly vile. It's revolting that all these marginal/criminal cretins have 4 helpless kids in their grasp. I was not entertained. Disgusted, revolted, sickened - but not entertained.

• Love 13

I don't understand how a mutt can command a $2500 price!  I don't care that is is only two breeds, it is a MUTT.  I agree, go to the local shelter, find a small, slightly older dog.  They usually spay/neuter them, give them required shots and stuff.  And they are normal dogs, no in-breeding stuff.  Also, you DID get a larger dog than you bargained for, but it is not a throwaway dog just because you can't carry it in your purse!  That cute little guy can certainly walk!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Grandma, who showed up in a low-cut top that revealed a massive cleavage nearly up to her chin, was utterly vile.

I don't think that was cleavage showing. That looked like a surgery scar, most likely heart surgery.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, dwarmed said:

That looked like a surgery scar, most likely heart surgery.

I think you're right. There's usually so much cleavage on full display on this show - probably more than you'd see in Vegas - I just assumed.

2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I don't understand how a mutt can command a $2500 price! 

Give something a new name and convince people it's rare and they'll pay anything for their new status symbol. When I was a kid, a dog was a mutt. Now it's a "Malti-Poo" or some other made-up name and it's just a mixed-breed, which shelters are killing in mind-boggling numbers while idiots pay puppy peddlers the big bucks.

I got a beautiful purebred dog with the sweetest temperament ever, at a rescue. Her adoption fee was 300$ and that included her spay, etc. Really, with all the information so available now, no one should be giving money to backyard breeders and puppymills.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I think you're right. There's usually so much cleavage on full display on this show - probably more than you'd see in Vegas - I just assumed

Well, if we ever do see a woman with boobs down to her elbows and cleavage up to her chin on tv, it will certainly be on Judge Judy. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Actually watched this one.... geez did these people actually think they had a case!?! Yeah... yeah they did.... even after JJ told them - repeatedly - that they had a WRITTEN contract which specifically said no way - even spelling out that nobody can guarantee the size a puppy will end up as an adult.

Course pet shop owner was no better - dude was a prime example of sleezy puppy mill/back yard breeder who is all about the money (that said, not all pet shops and small breeders are slime balls - but like JJ said, repeatedly, do your freakin' homework before paying a couple grand.)

The "pet shop" owner was a dirtbag, as soon as he said he didn't know how many puppies were in the litter/purchased from the "breeder" I knew he was a disgusting money-grubbing liar. I wonder how many puppies never made it out of his shop due to sickness/overbreeding/neglect. Wherever that puppymill is I hope the authorities find it soon.

13 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I don't understand how a mutt can command a $2500 price!  I don't care that is is only two breeds, it is a MUTT.  I agree, go to the local shelter, find a small, slightly older dog.  They usually spay/neuter them, give them required shots and stuff.  And they are normal dogs, no in-breeding stuff.  Also, you DID get a larger dog than you bargained for, but it is not a throwaway dog just because you can't carry it in your purse!  That cute little guy can certainly walk!

To them that dog was nothing but an accessory "oh I have carpal tunnel so I can't carry the dog, boohoo", I really wanted to reach through the TV and slap them both. Most true breed dogs of that size were bred to be vicious little rodent killers, not cute little purse riders, they weren't meant to be carried every where for heaven's sake! And I'm with everyone who is baffled by folks who will spend $2,500 on a dog when you can get a dog at a shelter for a couple hundred bucks who will love you forever. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, dwarmed said:

Well, if we ever do see a woman with boobs down to her elbows

Oh, we've seen down to the waist boobs. Swinging freely, they were.

10 minutes ago, GoodieGirl said:

Most true breed dogs of that size were bred to be vicious little rodent killers, not cute little purse riders, they weren't meant to be carried every where for heaven's sake!

The vapid Paris Hilton made "accessory dogs" trendy and whenever a type of dog becomes trendy, it's the dogs' downfall. Movies made everyone want a Husky and nearly all of them acquired ended up at shelters. If you want a dog, but don't really want a dog, get a frickin' statue, you janky ass morons.

What I'm reading here makes me more glad than ever I skipped this ep after I saw the first few words of the blurb on my DVR.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

How sordid. Def likes to have kids with... whoever, doesn't marry some of the daddies, marries one of the daddies, gets the abusive daddy to come rescue her from the Tennesee daddy and now lives with her mommy and a bunch of kids

Actually, she didn't marry ANY of her baby daddies. She said she went to Tennessee with the father of the youngest where she met her future husband. And I thought the Mother of the Year grandmother was suing for return of the money to move the Mother of the Year defendant back to Indiana or Ohio or wherever the first Baby Daddy lived. Admittedly, I was trying hard not to listen to the train wreck.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

The vapid Paris Hilton made "accessory dogs" trendy and whenever a type of dog becomes trendy, it's the dogs' downfall. Movies made everyone want a Husky and nearly all of them acquired ended up at shelters. If you want a dog, but don't really want a dog, get a frickin' statue, you janky ass morons.

You are so right, chaps my ass! I am a dog lover but I know that my lifestyle is not dog-friendly therefore I help with my neighbor's dog, and pet every dog that I'm allowed to. Too many people think owning a dog is easy, it's not, they need socialization, exercise and attention and dogs that are over-bred tend to have a lot of health issues. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Schnickelfritz said:

Actually, she didn't marry ANY of her baby daddies. She said she went to Tennessee with the father of the youngest where she met her future husband.

I'm glad you could keep score of this overly-fertile dingbat's hookups and knock-ups. It dizzied me. Ugh.

1 hour ago, GoodieGirl said:

I know that my lifestyle is not dog-friendly therefore I help with my neighbor's dog

Right. I always wanted a dog but waited many years until I could properly care for one. Nitwits says, "Oooh, let's get a "Milo" dog or a "Snow Dog". We work 10 hrs a day, so we'll just keep it in a cage all those hours and then another 8 hrs overnight. Dogs are not cage pets. I often wondered what people would say if I told them I kept my cat in a shipping crate all day. I'd also like to make all those crate people go without taking a pee for 8 - 10hrs a day and see how they like it.

56 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I have felt lately that instead of it being a "whole lot of who shot John", JJ has gotten it to a "who's on first?" routine.

I know, especially when they answer questions with some non sequitur garbage they rehearsed in their heads:

JJ: "How long did you live at that address?"

Idiot: "I feel I do not owe her the money."

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Right. I always wanted a dog but waited many years until I could properly care for one. Nitwits says, "Oooh, let's get a "Milo" dog or a "Snow Dog". We work 10 hrs a day, so we'll just keep it in a cage all those hours and then another 8 hrs overnight. Dogs are not cage pets. I often wondered what people would say if I told them I kept my cat in a shipping crate all day. I'd also like to make all those crate people go without taking a pee for 8 - 10hrs a day and see how they like it.

LOL - I once accidentally shut one of my cats in my walk-in closet where he was for approximately 30 minutes before I heard his yowls, by that time he'd dug a hole in my crappy carpeting trying to get out under the door, trust me, that shipping crate would have been shredded....

• Love 4

Mother of the year candidate case today.    A woman with three kids leaves them with a woman with five kids, supposedly for a few days vacation in the Dominican Republic.     The kids were actually there long enough to get registered in school, and by the way, mommie dearest actually went to the Dominican Republic to get married, and then had to do the paperwork, etc. to import her new love muffin.       I loved when Judge Judy said she was going to report the woman to CPS for abandoning her children.     

Then there was the heartbreaking case of the puppy broker (she gets puppies breeders don't want to keep to sell, and gets people to foster them) who sells dogs for (I think) $2800 to the village idiot.   Puppy has a bleeding problem, and village idiot buyer doesn't take puppy to the vet for months.     A new variation on puppy mills, and two despicable people who sell, and buy the poor creatures.

Then we have the wheelchair bound woman who owes her care giver a lot of money for her hours, but didn't pay.   It was for the woman's honeymoon on a cruise.    No I'm not making that up.    I think the plaintiff got her money, but I'm not sure.   

Then there the dance studio/venue owner who only allows booze to be given away at the venue, but the plaintiffs charged $15 per person for a bracelet that was listed in their advertisement as "drink all night for $15".     The plaintiffs lost, and the defendants were stunned.      They claimed the event was to raise money for the community, but they aren't a legal charity, and were charging admission, and for booze, and giving door prizes.        I was just surprised that both plaintiffs, and the defendant had heads like cantaloupes.     I wonder if the local liquor license authority was watching this episode, and I hope they investigate further events by the plaintiffs.   

The last case with the woman with the car was bizarre, and I'm not sure why they even came on TV.   The verdict was for the plaintiff for $41.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

Then there the dance studio/venue owner who only allows booze to be given away at the venue, but the plaintiffs charged $15 per person for a bracelet that was listed in their advertisement as "drink all night for $15". 

The Kings, especially "Jamie" really had no idea how ridiculous he sounded. He's a philanthopist, doing good deeds for neighbourhood, promoting new talent and giving free events. Except the talent had to pay to appear and the guests had to pay for entry and for booze. I guess his good works include letting everyone "drink all night." That's the kind of helping hand I need! Fool.

The last case with the woman with the car was bizarre, and I'm not sure why they even came on TV. 

Mr. Lambert and "The Psycho He Met Online." He's like the multitude of sad, desperate women we see here. Very overweight, maybe lonely, maybe a Momma's boy - also a Good Samaritan and  HIS "good deed" was letting the shifty defendant take him for a ride - in his car! She had a countersuit - she was "swatting"(??) him in his home. He told her he has a black belt in Karate, so watch out! OOh, Mr. Lambert threatened her, but I truly don't believe she was frightened. I have a hard time picturing him doing Karate but I guess anything is possible. More fools. Does no one ever get old enough or smart to know you don't meet someone online and start giving them money, cars, etc? Like, seriously? I know there are a ton of con artists out there who make a living or supplement their living by online dating/scamming.

Mom with 5 kids who took off to get her freak on the Dominican Republic - I had to quit before the case even started.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

The Kings, especially "Jamie" really had no idea how ridiculous he sounded. He's a philanthopist, doing good deeds for neighbourhood, promoting new talent and giving free events. Except the talent had to pay to appear and the guests had to pay for entry and for booze. I guess his good works include letting everyone "drink all night." That's the kind of helping hand I need! Fool.

Mr. Lambert and "The Psycho He Met Online." He's like the multitude of sad, desperate women we see here. Very overweight, maybe lonely, maybe a Momma's boy - also a Good Samaritan and  HIS "good deed" was letting the shifty defendant take him for a ride - in his car! She had a countersuit - she was "swatting"(??) him in his home. He told her he has a black belt in Karate, so watch out! OOh, Mr. Lambert threatened her, but I truly don't believe she was frightened. I have a hard time picturing him doing Karate but I guess anything is possible. More fools. Does no one ever get old enough or smart to know you don't meet someone online and start giving them money, cars, etc? Like, seriously? I know there are a ton of con artists out there who make a living or supplement their living by online dating/scamming.

Mom with 5 kids who took off to get her freak on the Dominican Republic - I had to quit before the case even started.

Regarding Mr Lambert and Psycho Online Woman, I think they were into some S&M and she was swatting his rather bodacious behind. Then she probably threatened to tell Mama about his fetish. He probably ties Defendant up with a black belt and she assumed he has a black belt in karate! Ha! 

Edited by Spunkygal
Swatting, not wagging. Stoopid auto correct.
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Spunkygal said:

Regarding Mr Lambert and Psycho Online Woman, I think they were into some S&M and she was swatting his rather bodacious behind. Then she probably threatened to tell Mama about his fetish. He probably ties Defendant up with a black belt and she assumed he has a black belt in karate! Ha! 

OH, shit! I really needed this belly laugh! Thanks.

spitcoffee.gif

• Love 4
6 hours ago, GoodieGirl said:

LOL - I once accidentally shut one of my cats in my walk-in closet where he was for approximately 30 minutes before I heard his yowls, by that time he'd dug a hole in my crappy carpeting trying to get out under the door, trust me, that shipping crate would have been shredded....

Around here when one of the gang gets locked up it's  usually in a cupboard or the pantry (as a single cat slave I seldom close interior doors). They usually just curl up and take a nap. Eventually, I'll miss them and spent an hour looking EVERYWHERE - or 1 of the other cats will sit in front of the cupboard or pantry door until I notice and let the prisoner out.... actually... maybe they were just hiding all along.

• Love 7

Defendant Brian who stole Leo's watch, iPhone, and necklace is the scariest person I've seen on this show. I felt like crying tbh.

I hate to say it, but Brian's foster dad ought to just cut him loose because this guy can't be helped at this point. I worry for whoever crosses his path.

I'm glad Leo has a loving family, especially his sister to look after him.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 10

Just reading all the comments of the eps I have not yet seen. Sounds like some real winners. Will catch up tonight.

Today I'm trying to tile my basement bathtub surround (yes, I have a tile cutter!) but it's tough. Maybe I'll go down to the hardware store and strike up a conversation with some stranger in the adhesive aisle, find out he tiled his own backsplash and ask him to do my tiling. Of course I'll pay him up front all the money in cash, won't ask for a receipt and will give him my Home Depot card to go buy whatever he wants.  I won't bother to check my statement for months because he'll seem so honest I'm sure I'll trust him implicitly.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Today I'm trying to tile my basement bathtub surround (yes, I have a tile cutter!) but it's tough. Maybe I'll go down to the hardware store and strike up a conversation with some stranger in the adhesive aisle, find out he tiled his own backsplash and ask him to do my tiling. Of course I'll pay him up front all the money in cash, won't ask for a receipt and will give him my Home Depot card to go buy whatever he wants.  I won't bother to check my statement for months because he'll seem so honest I'm sure I'll trust him implicitly.

Atta girl!

I missed most of this week's eps.  But in truth, I'm not sure I missed much.  :-(

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

I missed most of this week's eps.  But in truth, I'm not sure I missed much.  :-(

This new season is really not that great.  I've been skipping a lot of shows.  JJ seems to make up her mind before the litigants even appear, and no evidence they present changes JJ's mind.  It's been really noticeable this season.

• Love 5