Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I knew I shouldn't have started watching these tonight when I'm exhausted and irritable.

Carey? Do you work really hard at being utterly repugnant in every way possible? What a rough, low-down, no-class broad she is. The hairdo! The infuriating stupid smile, the lying and the attitude. omg. Her former paramour, Marcus? I don't know what happened since I lost him after, "Me and her was talkin'" and I couldn't understand or make sense of anything he said. The masses of jewlery jurry that's real and he drives a tow trucks or cuts grass and she trashed his house with eggs and whatever.

LeRoy, the sleepy/drugged out def? He's 22 years old, but hasn't worked in a year. I guess he can't find a position commensurate with his qualifications. Yeah, that's probably it. He lets his schmoopy, sad, obese little girlfriend who looks about 15, support him with her magnificent income from working as a cashier at Walmart. Plaintiff seemed so right until we got, "No, I didn't have insurance! Why not? I'm a... SINGLE MOTHER (a heavenly choir swells in the background) and I had to buy expensive sneakers and stuff! You don't really expect me to insure my 13-year old piece of shit Chrysler! Single mother! Sneakers (and phones and XBoxes no doubt) take precedence!"

Fixed it for you. 

• Love 11

Does anyone remember Gilda Radner's SNL character Emily Litella, who always got outraged about things she misheard, like people objecting to violins on TV or the campaign to make Puerto Rico a steak?  She also couldn't understand why anyone wanted to save Soviet jewelry.  I was thinking about her when that guy went on and on about all the Jewry he had in his safe.  That has to be illegal.

• Love 10

Thank you for adding that sentence about the "Sainted Single Mother", and I hope that stupid heifer still has bruises from climbing in and out the other door on that lovely 13 year old rust bucket.    I wish they had a bigger picture of the lovely spray paint job Sleepy did for her, but they didn't.     

• Love 5
12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I knew I shouldn't have started watching these tonight when I'm exhausted and irritable.

Carey? Do you work really hard at being utterly repugnant in every way possible? What a rough, low-down, no-class broad she is. The hairdo! The infuriating stupid smile, the lying and the attitude. omg. Her former paramour, Marcus? I don't know what happened since I lost him after, "Me and her was talkin'" and I couldn't understand or make sense of anything he said. The masses of jewelry that's real and he drives a tow trucks or cuts grass and she trashed his house with eggs and whatever.

LeRoy, the sleepy/drugged out def? He's 22 years old, but hasn't worked in a year. I guess he can't find a position commensurate with his qualifications. Yeah, that's probably it. He lets his schmoopy, sad, obese little girlfriend who looks about 15, support him with her magnificent income from working as a cashier at Walmart. Plaintiff seemed so right until we got, "No, I didn't have insurance! Why not? I'm a... SINGLE MOTHER (a heavenly choir swells in the background) and I had to buy expensive sneakers and stuff! You don't really expect me to insure my 13-year old piece of shit Chrysler! Single mother! Sneakers (and phones and XBoxes no doubt) take precedence!"

I have a friend who works at a Walmart in Tennessee, near Nashville. He said their Walmart had to stop requiring drug testing for potential employees (except management & maintenance) because none of the job applicants could pass the drug test. 

• Love 11

I understand that one factor in unfilled apprentice jobs in the trades that would lead to very lucrative careers is that applicants can't pass drug screens.    Many that do clear the initial one think that it means they can go back to using, and they're gone.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

So just watched The Case of Jillian Lumberer(in black chiffon) suing her one-time date, the slack-jawed Tyson "NuMale" Manbun. For some bizarre reason - maybe she was desperate for a date -  Jillian let nit-witted Tyson drive her fairly new car - maybe to make him feel like a Real Man? (You struck out there, Jillian)- and he crashes it spectactularly due to his "inattentive driving". Must have been major inattention since it seems he smashed up three other cars. I've been driving longer than The ManBun has been alive and never have I crashed into parked cars, but anyway Tyson, of course, doesn't feel responsible for crashing the car. Why should he be? It's not his fault! It must be someone else's fault. Man up, Tyson! Yeah, I know. Hahaha!

7 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I have a friend who works at a Walmart in Tennessee, near Nashville. He said their Walmart had to stop requiring drug testing for potential employees (except management & maintenance) because none of the job applicants could pass the drug test. 

I don't even know what to say to this.

• Love 8

At least Man Bun and his love muffin agreed on who was driving, and what they hit.

Sleepy and his idiot sister couldn't agree on who was driving, and what they hit.    Maybe Sleepy and Dopey will be back after the fun filled slug fest at their next family event, and maybe it will even involve golf club assault on that 13 year old rust bucket, because I'm sure the Sainted Single Mother still doesn't have insurance.  

• Love 5
On 8/31/2018 at 10:36 PM, Mondrianyone said:

Does anyone remember Gilda Radner's SNL character Emily Litella, who always got outraged about things she misheard, like people objecting to violins on TV or the campaign to make Puerto Rico a steak?  She also couldn't understand why anyone wanted to save Soviet jewelry.  I was thinking about her when that guy went on and on about all the Jewry he had in his safe.  That has to be illegal.

Never mind.

• Love 10

"JARemy"? Jaremy Cox, brokeass wide-load is a hot property! He's got a baby momma, an ex-girlfriend who was willing to take advances on her credit card (at probably 25% interest) to give the money to Jaremy for his lawyer for HIS kids, and now he has a new, even wider-load wife who guards his interests like a rabid bulldog and will not let any of his love-struck exes take advantage of him. Whatever mysterious and very well-hidden qualities Jaremy possesses, they work! New wife should have taken the time to iron the brand-new, out-of-the-package XXX-large K-Mart shirt Jaremy donned for his 15 minutes here.

Susan Kast, sociopathic liar and scammer was - as JJ would say - "some piece of work." She made my skin crawl. Susan? A little advice for your future court appearances: Don't pull your head in like that. Trust me, the scrunched-up dewlaps are not a good look. And - sleeves!

• Love 5

My suspicion is that when you see a brand new, out of the package huge shirt is that it's covering up some hideous, totally unacceptable clothing that the stud muffin wore to court.   When the women have some equally ugly, huge garment that still has fold marks, then it's to cover all types of skimpy clothes, and titty-tats.     I suspect the crew in the makeup and wardrobe are also the supplier of those hideous, neon colored wigs that many of these fools will hide their identities.      Of course, the litigants who think they can escape the sleuthing of people on here in finding stories, and mug shots are dead wrong.     It's funny to me that litigants think no one will recognize their faces or voices either.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Of course, the litigants who think they can escape the sleuthing of people on here in finding stories, and mug shots are dead wrong.     It's funny to me that litigants think no one will recognize their faces or voices either.  

Oh no, don't use my business name/last name. ???

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Oh no, don't use my business name/last name.

Yeah, like "Nobody will recognize me if you don't use my last name." They can only do that on TPC. Here, their full names, city and state are in bold letters. Ha!

I looked back over the last page, but can't find anyone who cared about the Three Horrific Harridans suing their former sublease landlord, Topo Gigio, for rent they didn't pay as they all squatted their nasty asses in the house? The great big one was particularly nasty with her smartass reply when JJ read to her that the new owners of the house - who were willing to agree to almost anything to get these witches out -  didn't forgive them paying rent. "It doesn't say we had to, either," *Smirk*. Ugh. They should have kept their big stupid mouths shut because they not only lost but had to pay Topo for the rent he forked over while they squatted.

• Love 8

Remember the one where the mother (or ex mother in law) was suing her awful daughter, and the daughter said she didn't want to discuss where she lived so the other woman wouldn't find her, and then the caption flashed up with her name and city.    The caption person certainly has a sense of humor, and who is trying to scam. 

I loved when the three squatters hags had to pay the rent, and thought Judge Judy was going to take the fly swatter after them when they said no one told them they had to pay rent.    The number one reason I could never be a landlord is people like this on the show, or the ones who destroy a house and think it's cute.  

Today's rerun with the laser rednecks ruining the phone was all kinds of strange.     Everyone involved needs to grow up.

I love it when someone buys a used car, and it goes boom, and they stop paying for it, because they think the previous owner should fix it.    What kind of fool sells a car, and lets the person keep it in their name?   I guess no one figures out that if something happens to the car, or more likely the stupid new owner or leaser runs over someone then the person on the registration is going to be in big trouble.    I didn't know you could lease a used car, even under the table.       

I hate the next case, where he and ex split, and she needed money (and to piss him off) so she sold everything he left, but it was months after he left.    However, changing the locks was naughty, but I love it when the big fool says "Who was responsible for storing my stuff", and Judge Judy says "You were!", and he stands there totally clueless.      The tenant-guest really matters by location apparently, but I would have been worried about retaliation from the Hulk.     I love that she sold his beloved pool table, that he didn't move out, for $300.     I love that she moved and took the big stuff with her, except his pool table.   She should have sold everything before she moved, or donated it.    My guess is the five days plaintiff had to pick up his stuff went by, and his stuff went.     I can't believe someone who is unemployed, and was homeless paid for shipping, and storage on his stuff.

Why does someone dying always bring out the worst in people?     Uncle suing niece over $3,900 loan that defendant niece (niece is executor of the estate) claims her late father paid off, and Judge Judy says was paid off.     My guess is the second the father/brother died, uncle called or came to see niece to find out what would happen, and if he would get a cut, and I can see him telling her "don't worry, I'll take care of everything".   Fortunately, the niece did exactly with the executor is supposed to do, because otherwise I'm sure uncle would have ended up with anything he could resell, or change to his name, and she would be broke.   Double dipping is a great way to have Byrd put you in a headlock, and I hope I see that happen some day.    I bet the uncle (brother of deceased) thought he should have profited from the estate, even though he wasn't entitled to anything.   The stunning thing is that the plaintiff withdrew $218 payments for the loan and to pay property taxes right out of his late brother's account.    The big stunner is that one withdrawal by uncle was 1,000, so they're even, and I'm guess that's about the time the father died, so that would be when the account was locked by the executor (niece/daughter) who had control.   

I bet the uncle was shocked when the plaintiff/niece did the right thing after her father's death, and locked the accounts so her uncle couldn't keep paying himself.   I think the niece was right, and the uncle thought he would get the house after the father's death.     

I wonder if the idiot uncle was related to the plaintiff hulk in the last case?   They seemed to have the  same amount of stupidity.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

Oh how I wish all the same JJ episodes were aired on the same days. I come here for the excellent snark but have no idea what episodes anyone is referring to. But it definitely doesn't minimize the awesome posts by the snarkiest of snarks here on the JJ forum!

• Love 4

Where I used to live the local Fox channel carried JJ, and the evening new/repeats were cancelled a few times for breaking news (such as rain, in Alabama), and sometimes they would play the new episode in the middle of the night, but sometimes they would bump the new ones a day or so, so there my episodes were always a day or so behind the online Judge Judy website schedule.    

• Love 1

Who saw Alicia Asher - looneytunes landlord? Another shrieking, nonsensical harpy who lost and in the hall says, "That was more brutal than a bad gynecologist visit." I can't even comment on that.

5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

However, changing the locks was naughty, but I love it when the big fool says "Who was responsible for storing my stuff", and Judge Judy says "You were!", and he stands there totally clueless. 

Oh, that Big Stoop - a grown man of least 35, acting like a baby. I guess he thought the def. was like his mommy and should keep all his junk and toys for him forever.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I guess he thought the def. was like his mommy and should keep all his junk and toys for him forever.

I can sympathize a bit with this, when got my own apartment my Mom moved to California and ditched all of my American Flyer train stuff which was sort of valuable then but now would be really valuable. However, I didn't compalin about it, my Mom was really good about most things.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

I can sympathize a bit with this, when got my own apartment my Mom moved to California and ditched all of my American Flyer train stuff

Yes, but that actually WAS your Mom and not some girlfriend who gave you the boot. I certainly wouldn't hold on to a bunch of crap one of my boyfriends left in my place for months on end.

• Love 2
On 9/1/2018 at 8:59 AM, chenoa333 said:

I work in a job that requires an FBI background check, and I STILL didn't have to pass a drug test. I heard roughly the same thing--getting people to work (even starting at 40K) that have a clean background check is hard enough...don't make it even harder by requiring a drug test.  I can't imagine a minimum wage type place would be able to keep employees at all.

• Love 3

Almost missed everything, because of a tornado warning a hundred miles away.   

Everyone was wearing actual clothes that covered everything!   I was shocked.

Pit bull/Husky puppies.       What an idiot.    And why would the plaintiff want a pit bull/husky cross puppy?     I can't imagine a worse cross, both high energy, and some aggression on both sides of that breeding too.    The defendant could afford rent on a house, and couldn't get her dog five year old spayed?  P. sues for puppy from this cross, and also admits D. and P. had no contract.    What a snooze that was.

Handyman didn't paint house-Just as boring as it sounds.    Bad contract, clueless defendant, and no money paid to defendant, and deposit returned.

Black mold in apartment-The most notable thing is the defendants both coordinated their outfits, she had a red jacket, black dress, and he had a black suit with a red tie.    Just two more whiny losers who want to move out of an apartment, not pay the rent, and stick the other roommates with it.   The apartment complex actually moved everyone out to a hotel to remediate the mold when it was discovered, and the defendants couldn't move back because girl defendant is such a delicate flower.     Of course, plaintiffs were stuck when the defendants took most of the furniture with them, and wanted furniture rent.    The plaintiffs got the 1/2 month rent, but not furniture rent.    It was obvious that the two love bird defendants wanted to be together, alone, and wanted to stiff the others on the rent.

The two women with the young defendant getting a car with a loan from the plaintiff (older woman), and defendant actually paid $300 to the plaintiff, so it was a loan and she knew it.    Defendant lost, and blamed everything on the fact the plaintiff was older, and that made it a gift.      Not even a good try by the defendant.  

Four rather boring cases overall.  

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

You mean rigor mortis stew?   

I bet they're saving the really gory, bizarre litigants for November sweeps (I think sweeps are November, February, and May).      The week is young, so there's hope for some nutso trash to show up still.    

I hope so. Because I'm startled by my feelings for caring about this show anymore. It's been very boring. 

• Love 1

I suspect the crew in the makeup and wardrobe are also the supplier of those hideous, neon colored wigs that many of these fools will hide their identities.      Of course, the litigants who think they can escape the sleuthing of people on here in finding stories, and mug shots are dead wrong.     It's funny to me that litigants think no one will recognize their faces or voices either.  

Me thinks the litigants show up looking every bit the weirdos they are in real life. I see women with those wigs all the time at my job, waiting for the bus, driving 10 MPH in the left lane while Snapchatting their baby daddies in their 1993 BMWs with 380,000 miles ("only driven to the Moon and back!") Y'all need to head ovah to the courthouse on a spare afternoon and watch the parade of fools there - they pretty much look like JJ litigants, including the fresh-out-of-the-package dress shirts (complete with neck tie borrowed from their dead Grandpa) and wigs, nails and jewry galore. 

I don't think these are fresh cases. I think it's the bottom of the barrel cases that were left from last season all congealed together in a meatloaf of meh. I think they're waiting to sock-it-to-us with real juicy goosey cases in a few weeks. 

AngelaHunter, Topo Gigio indeed! I can't stop laughing at this gem. 

CrazyinAlabama, hope you are safe and dry and moved to higher ground. We got clipped by now Hurricane Gordon when he was a wee tropical storm yesterday and it dropped so much rain that I was hydroplaning all over the road in my tiny car (which I have insurance and a current registration for)

• Love 7
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Black mold in apartment-The most notable thing is the defendants both coordinated their outfits,

They were the poster children for the Overly Entitled, both the little princess and her needle-nosed, pansy-assed little man who started every answer with, "Soooo... "  We know you posted an ad, you little twerp. Soooo... you said it three freakin' times! They think that someone demanding they pay what they owe is "harassment." They should just be able to walk away from their obligations. For sure Momma and Daddy would let them do so! Hahaha, those twits paid a lawyer 200$ to write a letter to order plaintiffs to stop asking for money the two twerps owed.  God, I just wanted JJ to say, "Byrd, would you mind going over there and spanking their asses for me, please? And don't stop until they're rosy red!"

1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I see women with those wigs all the time at my job, waiting for the bus, driving 10 MPH in the left lane while Snapchatting their baby daddies in their 1993 BMWs with 380,000 miles ("only driven to the Moon and back!") Y'all need to head ovah to the courthouse on a spare afternoon and watch the parade of fools there - they pretty much look like JJ litigants, including the fresh-out-of-the-package dress shirts (complete with neck tie borrowed from their dead Grandpa) and wigs, nails and jewry galore. 

Such a enticing picture you paint. I'm envious! Would some old episodes of "Night Court" be nearly as good as being there?

Topo Gigio indeed! I can't stop laughing at this gem. 

I couldn't help it. Nothing against him. He seemed pretty responsible and okay but I was half-expecting him to say, "Keees me good night, Eddy!"

• Love 7

I live really close to the Florida and Georgia border, in fact I can go south about 10 miles, and buy lotto tickets (they let people drink here, but not indulge in the evils of gambling), and Georgia is about 30 minutes.   I'm also on high ground too, so if it ever floods here, we're all going to have to start treading water, and building arks.   The tropical storm (hopefully not a Cat. 1 hurricane) is nailing Pascagoula Miss, and hitting around Biloxi.   It's going north west after, so I'm hoping that we don't get weather bulletins during JJ tomorrow, and ruin my evening.   

I'm hoping for a really trashy case tomorrow, because all of these nicely dressed people with most of their teeth, and no visible tats is not good enough.    

They have plenty of wild and wacky candidates for this show around here, and they have their own freaky wigs, and trashy clothes, so maybe they should send someone from the show to start trolling for litigants.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

it dropped so much rain that I was hydroplaning all over the road in my tiny car (which I have insurance and a current registration for)

Oh, now you're just trying to be all high and mighty.

Hope everyone near this storm will be safe and sound!

• Love 3

Painter case yesterday.  Once again, the old bat confirms that she's never done anything remotely resembling

physical labor in her gold encrusted life.

Yes, painters are irritating and often lackadaisical in their work habits.   I'm not saying P didn't deserve some deposit back, BUT the broken record "how many walls did you paint"  sent my BP through the roof!

Getting paint on the wall is about 25% of a quality paint job.   Moving furniture & artwork, Patching, prepping, sanding & clean up makes or breaks a good looking room.  AND she couldn't comprehend that changing the elevation of a floor, i.e. carpet to wood or tile or vice versa REQUIRES raising or lowering baseboards.  It's very tedious & time consuming.  JJ was having no part of it. 

Judge MM knows this sort of thing and the case should have been at TPC.

I LOVE to paint and if getting color on the wall was all you have to do, I'd change every room, every year.  The rest is what sucks.

At least, poor old red neck was working and not sucking gubmint teats.  She didn't have to be so f-ing rude and dismissive.

My bedroom is sorely in need of paint.  I think I'll grab the dogs, move to my OTHER house and wait till the paint fairies are finished.  Sheesh.

• Love 9

The producers are making up for the boring cases Monday and Tuesday.   Yippee!

Is there a time tunnel from Haight Ashbury (spelling?) to Judge Judy's courtroom?    What a couple of losers they were.   I bet his family is so sick of that loser, and now his girlfriend showing up at their door every time they get evicted.  I love how he was supposed to buy a relative's trailer, squatted there for 17 months, and then got the boot when he never paid a cent.     What was on that woman's head, a poodle?    Shampoo is cheap, she should get some.    I love Judge Judy saying to get rid of their left behind junk.   Not paying for two months makes them professional squatters right?   

Stolen frozen meat, future Slim Jims-My mother could be locked in a room, have only Slim Jim sticks to eat, and she would starve ( however, she'll eat pork roll, don't google it, that stuff is too disgusting to know what it is).    Some people never eat beef sticks, because they're worried about the interesting ingredients I guess.    I once saw beef lips as an ingredient on a package of a beef stick, so I'm not fond of them either.   What on this earth would someone do with 700 lbs of summer sausage, and beef sticks if they can't resell them?  And if they had no where to store it?   

He wasn't even dealing with the original owner after August, what a loon he is.    I wonder if the relatives he gave used meat to survived?    I think that someone needs to go to Slim Jim rehab.     I love the halterview by plaintiff (who had nowhere to store the meat), "If I knew they were getting rid of it I would have picked it up", and stored it where?  I have a vision of him picking it up, throwing it in the back of his pickup truck, and having flocks of vultures following him.  

Did anyone else notice the lady sitting behind the plaintiffs right shoulder who either was sound asleep, and occasionally would wake up and grin and laugh?   

Evicted after 19 days?   Is that a record?  Plaintiff certainly looks like a potential bunny boiler, doesn't she.     This woman is exactly why I would never have a roommate from Craigslist.      I wish I could get the body cam video of the police rooting her out of her room and the police dog going after her.   I love a good police dog biting video, with appropriate screaming and crying by the perp.  

Did the judge just say 'pissed off'?  Cause something got blipped.   

So the homeowner stole her Pink Floyd album, pushed her, then the landlord called the police, and  had her evicted by the police, chewed on by a police puppy, and landlord got a restraining order, or the loon got the restraining order, and they had to stay five feet apart,  then the police showed up because she violated the order?   I don't know which way it was, but that woman scares me.   

Wow, what a loon she is, and can't remember if she took her meds that day or not.      And she violated her restraining order, and she got arrested again with her dog in the car.   Poor dog disappeared, and I guess went to animal control, so I hope it has a nice owner now.   And she was in jail for five months for missing a couple of court dates for trespassing on other property, so that's trying to be a squatter I guess?   Doesn't five months in jail for missing a couple of court dates seem a lot?      There's probably a lot more behind that, and my pathetic googling skills didn't find any other crimes online.     Kind of forgot to mention that stay in jail didn't she.      

Too bad the defendant, his wife, the kid, and the long term roommate had to leave, but ending up with many squad cars is not good for property values.     

If her current landlord is watching, I bet they're crying right now.  After her trespassing arrest, I wonder if her current landlord knows she's living in their property?     I guess that will teach property managers to check references with previous landlords, and do better background checks.  

I feel sorry for her poor husband who is now at her mercy.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

The squatters AND their landlord all seemed to have a few screws loose.  I kept thinking, “How does one get to be that age, living in society, and still so clueless, helpless, etc..”. Is it government assistance that allows this to happen?  Families that continue to support them?  I don’t get it.  

• Love 8

Today was fantastic classic Judge Judy! Astute questioning and deft showing that not only was plaintiff operating with a missing screw (or twelve) but smug landlord/host was full of it with “living with my wife is pure bliss and I enjoy living with quality people (whom I charge $950 a month to be sleep over buddies).

JJ’s only break from reality “what’s a Slim Jim”. 

I was very curious what the exhibit was for the squatting hair poodle couple. Looked like a bunch of poster boards.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Getting paint on the wall is about 25% of a quality paint job.   Moving furniture & artwork, Patching, prepping, sanding & clean up makes or breaks a good looking room.  AND she couldn't comprehend that changing the elevation of a floor, i.e. carpet to wood or tile or vice versa REQUIRES raising or lowering baseboards.  It's very tedious & time consuming.  JJ was having no part of it. 

I think what she was trying to get at is what did he actually complete, because from the looks of those pics I'm pretty sure it wasn't $1,500 worth. Gummy the painter had an excuse of "health issues" that he attempted to use but I was glad JJ shut him down. If you agree to do a job, take money for said job and then not only are you late starting but from the sounds of it he, or his minions, barely showed up from day to day then you deserved to get yelled at on national TV. I think Gummy was a scammer who likely did shoddy work all around. The Plaintiff was looking for cheap (sounds like he was looking to sell it fast), so IMO he got what he deserved as well. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, ButYourHonor said:

The squatters AND their landlord all seemed to have a few screws loose.

agreed, and so did the landlords for the crazy squatter lady. Judy's right that normal people do not advertise for roommates on CL just because they like to hang out with nice people. That was reaaaalll strange. 

For cryin' out loud, Judy:  "What's a Slim Jim?"  You need to RETIRE!   You know NOTHING about anything outside your gilded perch!

Seriously! Even "what's a beef stick" seemed out of touch. 

• Love 6

The poor defendant certainly picked the wrong roommate, and she needs another hair dresser.     I want a video of the fight over the missing items.     How does someone who has a 9 year old, can't get their own apartment, and apparently buys tons of weed, and still buys super expensive face cream?     Her ex definitely had his own key, and stayed there a lot, and sounds like a lovely person for a jerk.        The woman over the defendant's left shoulder certainly had the world's biggest pout today.   

It's not nice to say this, but in the ran stop sign, with no insurance case, what planet was the defense witness from?     I can't believe Byrd didn't literally kick him out of the courtroom. 

The plaintiff in the initials in car case certainly has some unfortunate appearance issues going on.    I bet the handyman won't be getting nice online referrals about his work, since he seems to have anger issues with dissatisfied clients.

How does someone spend almost $500 on minibar stuff, and for smoking in the room on someone else's credit card?   I love the defense, "I was passed out drunk", so I guess she was smoking and raiding the minibar while unconscious?       No one takes debit cards for car rental, or to guarantee hotel charges, and I bet the defendant knew that.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
On 9/5/2018 at 7:38 PM, ButYourHonor said:

The squatters AND their landlord all seemed to have a few screws loose.  I kept thinking, “How does one get to be that age, living in society, and still so clueless, helpless, etc..”. Is it government assistance that allows this to happen?  Families that continue to support them?  I don’t get it.  

Yep, tenant was loony with her multiple trespass charges and 19 day eviction - but - my word - those two defendants just had to interrupt, talk over, and have the last word - even after being told STFU, you're winning! If I were their tenant sharing a house, I'd be ready to get out of the rental agreement at the 19 day point. Geez, I can believe defendant didn't realize the couple were in the middle of a tiff when she walked in for her morning coffee - some of us aren't really awake until the 2nd cup.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 3

How does someone spend almost $500 on minibar stuff, and for smoking in the room on someone else's credit card?   I love the defense, "I was passed out drunk", so I guess she was smoking and raiding the minibar while unconscious?       No one takes debit cards for car rental, or to guarantee hotel charges, and I bet the defendant knew that.    

I kind of remember this girl saying something about her debit card had to match the name on the credit card.  I suspect she had a fake ID in order to buy booze.

It's not nice to say this, but in the ran stop sign, with no insurance case, what planet was the defense witness from?     I can't believe Byrd didn't literally kick him out of the courtroom. 

Seriously.  Are there really people who don't know what the law is regarding a stop sign and WHEN you are allowed to pull out?  Jeez I can't stand these ignorant idjits.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Are there really people who don't know what the law is regarding a stop sign and WHEN you are allowed to pull out?

One has to hand it to the defendant though: he managed to bring along a witness who was even more of a dumb and annoying ass than himself. Quite a feat!

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love the defense, "I was passed out drunk", so I guess she was smoking and raiding the minibar while unconscious? 

Didn't she also say something the the effect the the plaintiff was her friend and thus supposed to "take care" of her, which in her silly mind means paying for her overcharges...

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Well, heck, I must have missed an episode. Were both of today's new? I have the DVR set to only record new episodes, but don't remember the minibar or handyman cases folks are talking about.

Yes, new cases.  The minibar involved a woman who rented a hotel room for a birthday party.  She used a friend's credit card and racked up a big bill.  The handyman was supposed to apply stucco around some newly-installed windows, a quick two-day job, $500 total if I remember right.  He was paid half the money, showed up for one day, couldn't remember why he never went back.  Turns out he doesn't have a contractor's license (claimed he did) and he scratched his initials in plaintiff's car after learning that the state AG was after him for claiming to be licensed.   (Am I confusing two handyman cases?  I can't remember.)

I thought the blonde woman in the squatter/trailer case was kinda cute.  Yeah,the hair was bad, but she had a cute face and really reminded me of someone famous.  Not quite Farrah Fawcett but someone like that -- or maybe it's just a generic blonde face. 

• Love 5

Preview for tomorrow's case: Some yahoos find a way to ride snowmobiles over a guy's roof. Their defense? "There was no sign saying 'don't go over the house'" And there is A VIDEO.

Sight unseen, I award this future episode 10 million gavels and elevate it to the pantheon of Patricia Bean and Ebay of Pigs cases.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 20
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

No one takes debit cards for car rental, or to guarantee hotel charges, and I bet the defendant knew that.    

They will, if they have a Visa or Master Card logo on them, but they tell you up front they will hold more on the card than they normally would on a credit card (Avis charges DOUBLE) because the money on a debit card isn't guaranteed.  We stayed at the Hilton a few weekends ago when I was at a conference, and they had a notice right at check in that they hold $50 on a credit card but.....$200 on a debit card.

• Love 2

The defendant in the squatters case reminds me of Darryl Hannah, the mermaid actress from Splash, but really looks more like her great grandmother after a hard life.      

I think one reason the debit cards have such large holds, is that some businesses pay employees using them, so they might be a prepaid, with no money left on them.  I don't know if the prepaid cards have anything indicating that on the card or when they charge against it.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The defendant in the squatters case reminds me of Darryl Hannah, the mermaid actress from Splash, but really looks more like her great grandmother after a hard life. 

**SNORT** so true!!

14 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I kind of remember this girl saying something about her debit card had to match the name on the credit card.  I suspect she had a fake ID in order to buy booze.

I thought this as well.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

What planet? The planet of the Schmoos: "a very simple, highly derived, blob-shaped larva ..." But I guess he managed somehow to pass law school, since he informed JJ her question was not relevant, and that plaintiff was driving at a "high rate of speed." Obviously if oncoming traffic is approaching very quickly, that means you can ignore you stop sign. Very informative and I will use that argument next time I sail through a stop sign and get T-boned. Yes, I wish Byrd had literally kicked him out, like, with a shoe to the Schmoo's saggy little butt.

11 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

"There was no sign saying 'don't go over the house'"

Sight unseen, I think you could have misquoted. Should maybe be: "Thar ain't no sign sayin' don't go over that thar house."

• Love 8

Even worse, I wonder if the hotel room fool was using her own debit card, or if it was someone else's and that's why the I.D. requirement didn't work either. 

I can't wait for the snowmobile over the house case, just to see the reactions from Judge Judy and Byrd.    And I love "There was no sign saying don't go over the house".

I'm guessing that idiot stop sign witness was related to the idiot plaintiff, because no one else would be able to stand either one of them but relatives.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Schmoo's saggy little butt.

Now, now, that is unfair, it was definitely not little. I was just surprised that he didn't jump up with "INCOMPETENT! IRRELVANT! AND IMMATERIAL! just like Perry Mason which is where he learned all about court room behavior.

• Love 6