Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

On 10/28/2016 at 5:36 PM, Silver Raven said:

JJ and Jerry Sheindlin will be guest judges on "Hot Bench" Monday.

I guess they are trying to raise the profile on Hot Bench, but I like Hot Bench because the judges are nothing like her.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Quof said:

Wrong.  If your car is damaged through someone else's negligence (or intentional act), you put it through your own insurance, and your insurer will recover the money they paid out by pursuing the wrongdoer. It will have no effect on your premiums.  And in this case, Car Kicker had lots of money, so no danger the insurer wouldn't recover.

this is incorrect:

But what if someone else is at fault? What if they hit you? Will that still affect your rate?

Well, the safe and typical lawyer answer is, “it depends.” Many factors weigh into this answer, including:

Whether you live in an at-fault state or not

Whether you have an insurance policy through a company that automatically raises rates after every claim no matter what or not

Whether you were a careless driver and created a bad situation

Things beyond a person’s control, such as mechanical failure, problems with the road they are traveling, weather related conditions and so on

http://www.carinsurancecomparison.com/does-your-auto-insurance-go-up-if-someone-hits-your-car/

• Love 1

I'll take my 25 years of practising as an insurance litigator over a site run by "dozens of highly qualified professional writers", ie. not lawyers, and not even insurance professionals.   

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Wonder how Ample Jowled Mama is going to explain things away once unmarried Shellbie is holed up in a crappy old single wide trailer with two snot nosed weasely babies sucking on bottles filled with Kool-Aid, all while blaming everybody else for her lying ways? 

Not only are you psychic, but wonderfully concise. You've just foretold Shelbie's entire future in just ONE sentence. Colour me impressed.

"Barbizon" - the only time I think I've heard of that was in some trashy novel I read and it was the name of a hotel for women.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

"Barbizon" - the only time I think I've heard of that was in some trashy novel I read and it was the name of a hotel for women.

The Barbizon was a real hotel for women only in New York City. It existed so that people felt safe sending their daughters alone into the big city.  Men weren't allowed above the ground floor.  It lasted far longer than one would have imagined, all the way up until the 1980s.

• Love 2

If your car is damaged through someone else's negligence (or intentional act), you put it through your own insurance, and your insurer will recover the money they paid out by pursuing the wrongdoer. It will have no effect on your premiums.

I live in a no fault state (Florida) and many years ago, some guy turned in front of me and I hit him. It was his fault (he was your average JJ litigant - no license, no insurance, driving recklessly, falls out of car grabbing back and neck, and his mama shows up screaming that I hit her "baby" (big ass man age 26). My insurance (State Farm) paid my claim, then went after him and sued him. I had to testify against him. Same thing when I hit a pregnant woman with no insurance in Alaska (I don't think it was no fault then - what do I have, a magnet on the front of my car to attract the uninsured?). State Farm got back my deductible from her (and her father was a lawyer too)

The Barbizon was a real hotel for women only in New York City. It existed so that people felt safe sending their daughters alone into the big city. 

Wait, isn't that the plot from an old Tom Hanks sitcom?!? LOL 

• Love 2

I remember the Barbizon Hotel!  I think (I may be making this up) that at one point when my college (all women, in NYC) ran out of dorm space, they started temporarily housing students at the Barbizon.  It was like Fort Knox for virginity.  Or so they thought.

21 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

And how old is she with a daughter at home that she's out doing shots of Jager at 1:00 in the morning? Get it together 40-something-year-old lady! 

Oh, yeah, about this.  I forgot to mention--didn't she say that before she went over to the neighbor's place to do Jager shots that she armed her alarm system?  I took this to mean that she left her baby (or baby and little kids) alone in the house while she was out getting drunk and enticing dogs to bite her face.  If her husband was home with them, why would she feel the need to reference setting the alarm?  To make herself seem like a conscientious mother?  JJ needs to listen better sometimes.  I think this situation was way worse than we were led to believe.

Edited by Mondrianyone
typo
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Sarcastico said:

Wasn't Barbizon's motto "Be a model - or just look like one!" ? They always used to run ads in TV Guide too -- the original TV Guide, not the later, tragic version.

I knew a friend of a friend who spent a lot of dough at Barbizon.

The result?  She flew to Florida once to model shoes for some rich guy (uh huh) and paraded around red-neck bars as one of the Budweiser gals.  She also learned to lick her lips.  A lot. 

On 10/28/2016 at 8:26 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I've been saying for many years that political correctness is destroying civilization, but it was news to me that in order to be PC, you must bend down and pet a dog that you know bites. The dumbness and wide-eyed stupidity we see here is actually tragic.

Maybe the victims and the dog owners shared the proceeds and are one step ahead of us all.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sarcastico said:

Wasn't Barbizon's motto "Be a model - or just look like one!" ? They always used to run ads in TV Guide too -- the original TV Guide, not the later, tragic version.

Correct!

Barbizon-modeling-ad-training-to-be-a-model1.jpg

Wait, isn't that the plot from an old Tom Hanks sitcom?!? LOL 

YES! Bosom Buddies, one of my favorite sitcoms of all time. :) 

I think this situation was way worse than we were led to believe.

Absolutely. And what was the reason why the woman "lured" her to the house? Because her daughter wasn't home...but then she was? I think Toaster is on to something with it all quite possibly being one big, fat scam. 

Edited by Guest
12 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Oh my God.  BARBIZON.  I begged my mom to let me sign up!  What a scammerific memory that is!  Thanks!

We still have Barbizon Modeling Agency in Raleigh. Back in the 80s when I was in high school, half the girls I had classes with all wanted to go to the Barbizon School of Modeling and become famous.

Just catching up on episodes....finally saw the Jaeger-drinking car-kicking defendant. I was admiring her earrings, which appeared to be sapphires and diamonds. Was wondering if they were real ('cause they were pretty huge), but when she mentioned her $300,000 worth of dog bite settlements, I realized they probably were genuine! I'm surprised that the plaintiff can get insured anymore, what with two huge homeowner claims (and now his car). I laughed out loud at the woman earnestly describing acting "politically correct" around a dog....!  (Or should I say "canine American"?)

• Love 7

Whoa - a hallterview bomb was dropped today in the final case of the first episode - the former best friends who were arguing over a car. I was busy, so I hardly listened to the case itself. I had my ears fixed on the hallterview, though!  When the woman with the braces said the other litigant became angry after she "slept with her man -- that's her cousin," I said, 'wait a minute -- what?' Then Braces further clarified -- her former bestie is dating her own first cousin.  Eww. 

Second episode - I can't imagine what is so alluring about Ryan Garcia. Is it his manicured eyebrows? Maybe it's his smooth rollerskating skills? Maybe his mom's house (where he lives) is really nice?

• Love 3

JJ on the Hot Bench show today was basically just another Judge Judy episode.  She just took over and ran it like one of her own shows.  And Jerry was a nonentity in his time on the show, there was hardly any point in his being there.

• Love 5

Today's cases were really entertaining. And an extra cookie to whoever edited the hallterview for the baby mama drama case:

"Yeah, he was in jail crying like a little--" -cut-
"...33 and as broke as --" -cut-

I have to re-watch for the exact quotes.

Edited by Trini
Added correct quotes
  • Love 5

I had to stop and take a break just into the first case. I was sent into a worse laughing fit than JJ had as I listened to the case of Stacy and Elly (who keeps to the rule that any grown woman with long ringlets is trashy) fighting to win the favours and breeding rights to the flabby, brain-dead dope, Ryan Garcia, who reminded me of Henny Penny, except he was running around yelling, "My baby momma here! My baby momma here!" Then I realized these are, indeed, the people who are breeding and passing along their genes and it didn't seem so funny anymore.

ETA: Just watched the rest. Hilarious, but I couldn't help thinking there needs to be a special Emmy award for best intros and caption ever, and the JJ crew would win, hands down;

"Kelly Tennant

Denies Ryan is stupid."

Oh, dear. Another laughing fit.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 13

Two observations about the road rage case - unless you're an idiot, you do not stop in the middle of a parking lot to talk to someone who's on foot. You pull out of the path of traffic and then talk. You could even offer the person who is on foot a lift so you can continue the conversation that way. You don't sit there, even for "only" five minutes chit-chatting.

Also, I'm very distracted by the fact that the litigants look so much alike, except that the plaintiff is female. Same black shirt, same build, even almost the same hair, but he's got a ZZ Top beard. And "Fallon" is a name I don't think I've heard since Dynasty was on the air.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
to add a third thing
  • Love 7
On 10/29/2016 at 9:37 PM, NYCFree said:

The Barbizon was a real hotel for women only in New York City. It existed so that people felt safe sending their daughters alone into the big city.  Men weren't allowed above the ground floor.  It lasted far longer than one would have imagined, all the way up until the 1980s.

This really makes me think of Bosom Buddies. I think Buffy and Hildy lived in the Susan B. Anthony.

• Love 4

Also, I'm very distracted by the fact that the litigants look so much alike, except that the plaintiff is female.

Incredible, wasn't it? They both sported douchebag hairdos. Still, def. is a !43! year old (alleged) man with a ridiculous beard, playing chicken with a stupid 20 year old girl. I wouldn't be sitting there smiling if I were married to that fool. I would die of shame and run to the set of "Divorce Court".

Today we had all cucky, "nu-male" types - even in the reruns and including The Beard -  which makes me rejoice I'm not in the market. Silly little beta males fighting over 1K rims, which I assume they feel that, if large and flashy enough,  would ramp up their testosterone count. Sorry, boys - try again.

I did like the girl, speaking in a Marilyn Monroe-like whisper and wearing a skin-tight sweater that prominently displayed her large yet perky breasts, bitching about some car she had for a week, decided it wasn't for her, and then "sold" it to her friend, who apparently likes to get drunk and drive. Neither had the title to the car, so it got impounded and the impound yard seems to be its final resting place. Everyone got the boot.

What a day.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Also, I'm very distracted by the fact that the litigants look so much alike, except that the plaintiff is female. Same black shirt, same build, even almost the same hair, but he's got a ZZ Top beard.

My Mom: "One's wearing it in the front, the other in the back!"

Speaking of ZZ Top Beard, it looks like they put tape over some lettering(?) on his shirt. I wonder what it was they had to censor.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Today we had all cucky, "nu-male" types - even in the reruns and including The Beard -  which makes me rejoice I'm not in the market. Silly little beta males fighting over 1K rims, which I assume they feel that, if large and flashy enough,  would ramp up their testosterone count. Sorry, boys - try again.

The black woman looked way too put-together and smart for Ryan, who mostly sat there like a lump before JJ asked him to speak and then afterwards. As opposed to the other woman, who had her mouth partly open the whole time.

I think that if the show worked out an advertising deal with one of those dating services, they could make a frigging mint and save some of these ladies from having to come to court later when the moron they hooked up with wrecks their car or steals their money.

• Love 7

Two "road rage" cases in the last week, and damn if I don't sympathize with both of them.  But then I have to smack myself upside the head, because so many road rage incidents have much worse endings.

Back in the 50's, my stepdad made a citizen's arrest of a 20-something driver who almost caused us to get in an accident when he made a U-turn in front of us.  I was only 8 or 9 so don't remember all the details.  I do remember that we caught up to the driver, that stepdad (he was 6'2" and had a deep, authoritative voice), reached in, took the keys, and called the cops.  I remember the kid saying "You can't do that" and stepdad said "Oh yes I can." 

Maybe last week's driver and the brat in today's case will remember what happened to them and that it could have been worse.  For pete's sake people!  You're not the only ones on the road! 

• Love 3

I can't get past the Stacy/Elly/Ryan dramatic triangle of lust, fisticuffs and the Green-Eyed Monster.

JJ (about Ryan) "Either he's stupid or he's vicious."

She very well knew the answer, as did we all:  he's too stupid to be vicious.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I had to stop and take a break just into the first case. I was sent into a worse laughing fit than JJ had as I listened to the case of Stacy and Elly (who keeps to the rule that any grown woman with long ringlets is trashy) fighting to win the favours and breeding rights to the flabby, brain-dead dope, Ryan Garcia,

At first I thought the two ladies were fighting over a very masculine looking girl... (maybe Mr. Garcia has low-T)

3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I did like the girl, speaking in a Marilyn Monroe-like whisper and wearing a skin-tight sweater that prominently displayed her large yet perky breasts,

She was okay until she opened her mouth. She had 1980's braces! I know because I had them too..over 30 years ago. I thought they were more new-fangled nowadays...

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jade Foxx said:

At first I thought the two ladies were fighting over a very masculine looking girl... (maybe Mr. Garcia has low-T)

She was okay until she opened her mouth. She had 1980's braces! I know because I had them too..over 30 years ago. I thought they were more new-fangled nowadays...

Yeah, as I mentioned, we got low-T, nu-males in every case. Seems to be the preferred type these days.

Maybe they've gone full circle and the "Brace Face" look is back in style as retro?  She seemed inordinately proud of them, nearly as proud as she seemed of her breasts.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Maybe they've gone full circle and the "Brace Face" look is back in style as retro?

Missed today's fabulous sounding cases!  Dang! (stupid bathroom tile in rent house!)

As for braces, I read an article just today about dentists warning against "homemade" braces.  Using hair bands, paper clips and super glue. 

http://abc7chicago.com/health/dentist-warns-against-diy-homemade-braces/1581926/     Criminy. Where's the wine and cheese balls??

• Love 2

I had my ears fixed on the hallterview, though!  When the woman with the braces said the other litigant became angry after she "slept with her man -- that's her cousin," I said, 'wait a minute -- what?' Then Braces further clarified -- her former bestie is dating her own first cousin.  Eww. 

Sometimes the hallterviews are better than the cases. People must get frustrated that they don't get to tell their fully rehearsed stories to JJ, so they spew verbal diarrhea during the hallterview. I always wonder if people can get sued for slander for what they say to "10 Million People" while dumping their frustrations. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Whoa - a hallterview bomb was dropped today in the final case of the first episode - the former best friends who were arguing over a car. I was busy, so I hardly listened to the case itself. I had my ears fixed on the hallterview, though!  When the woman with the braces said the other litigant became angry after she "slept with her man -- that's her cousin," I said, 'wait a minute -- what?' Then Braces further clarified -- her former bestie is dating her own first cousin.  Eww. 

And he seemed so proud of it! "Yeah! She's my COUSIN!" No, just ... just stop. I can't wait until they make a reappearance on JJ in three years after they break up to fight over something related to their catfish-eyed child no doubt they'll be birthing.

I think this was another fake case set up to enrich the "litigants." Bracey McBraceFace buys a car only to sell it days letter because she liked the stick shift, I quote, "more better." But she has no receipt for the sale? The other two claim the were "loaned" the car and never bought it. Then the car winds up in impound because DRUNK! Lots of WTF-uckery going on there on both sides of the table. The multi-colored braces built for King-Kong-sized mouths and over were just the cherry on top of the turd. 

I call bullshit on the burnt couch/unpaid rent case. They didn't seem genuine to me. I was so glad when JJ told Byrd to give them the bum's rush, but that was short-lived.

The other episode's case of the two girlfriends of Mr. McDonald -- One of my latest pet peeves is the use of the word "talking" to mean having s-x. Mr. McDonald's current fiancee claimed that she had been "talking to him" for a year before he moved in with her. Then, the case unfolded and testimony made it quite clear that talking wasn't the only thing on the menu. They even "talked" in his cousin's truck!  Quality. 

His response of "I'll quit today then" (re: smoking) made me dislike him even more. Bullshitter. And the current fiancee should wipe the smile off her face -- his antics aren't amusing. Or maybe she wasn't laughing...maybe she was just trying to get a deeper breath while her Kim K-inspired skintight maternity wear gave her a tight squeeze. The defendant was so indignant, but she chose him, moved him in, and subjected her kids to all that dysfunction. And I'm not convinced that his cheating/relationship with that other woman was unknown to her all that time.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I call bullshit on the burnt couch/unpaid rent case. They didn't seem genuine to me. I was so glad when JJ told Byrd to give them the bum's rush, but that was short-lived.

I believed them.  If they were scamming, they would have known better than to argue with each other in JJ's court.  JJ really didn't like the fire dancer-plaintiff.  Why else would she award defendant $2600 for a guitar, some clothes, and an old TV set? 

The rent discrepancy did sound shady, but defendant said she thought the difference between $550 and $785 was to cover her share of utilities. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

I believed them.  If they were scamming, they would have known better than to argue with each other in JJ's court.  JJ really didn't like the fire dancer-plaintiff.  Why else would she award defendant $2600 for a guitar, some clothes, and an old TV set? 

The rent discrepancy did sound shady, but defendant said she thought the difference between $550 and $785 was to cover her share of utilities. 

I thought they might be acting and had created a fake case for some laughs on (inter)national TV. But maybe they weren't and they're actually that annoying.

• Love 3
On 10/31/2016 at 11:46 AM, AngelaHunter said:

I had to stop and take a break just into the first case. I was sent into a worse laughing fit than JJ had as I listened to the case of Stacy and Elly (who keeps to the rule that any grown woman with long ringlets is trashy) fighting to win the favours and breeding rights to the flabby, brain-dead dope, Ryan Garcia, who reminded me of Henny Penny, except he was running around yelling, "My baby momma here! My baby momma here!" Then I realized these are, indeed, the people who are breeding and passing along their genes and it didn't seem so funny anymore.

ETA: Just watched the rest. Hilarious, but I couldn't help thinking there needs to be a special Emmy award for best intros and caption ever, and the JJ crew would win, hands down;

"Kelly Tennant

Denies Ryan is stupid."

Oh, dear. Another laughing fit.

I was just coming here to laugh about that...made my day!  Or evening rather, since that is when I watch.  lmao

• Love 3

And kids - the magic word of the day (after seeing JJ) is Posture.

I had to interrupt my viewing to comment on this, and other aspects of this case.

What made the snarking girlfriends (both of whom spoke like silly Valley girls even though def. was a 32 year old woman) such exceptions that they - unlike all others thrown out for their inability to STFU and control themselves and their constant shout outs and "bickerments"- were allowed back in after getting the boot? I don't recall this ever happening before. Maybe it did, but I don't remember.  I mean, Byrd was champing at the bit to kick them and their drivel out, so much so that he was halfway across the room before JJ even finished telling him to get them out of there. He must have been so let down, as was I, when he saw them back again.

The plaintiff's posture was so bent and horrid that it made MY back hurt. Def's advice in the hall: "Don't fall for beautiful fire dancers" - I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

• Love 10

The other episode's case of the two girlfriends of Mr. McDonald -- One of my latest pet peeves is the use of the word "talking" to mean having s-x.

And in HelloPatti's get-off-my-lawn moment of the day. . . . before we teach our girls and young women anything, we need to teach them that they ARE OKAY NOT HAVING A MAN, particularly if the man is a losah/hustlah/playah. I don't care how cute he is (or thinks he is). I don't care if you had a moment of insanity and he's your baby daddy-to-be. . .  I don't care if you need a date for the prom or your cousin's wedding or your great aunt is wondering when you will get married cos she's planning to die soon. . . I don't care if you need money and he wants to be your "roommate" or you're "talking" (aka "friends with benefits", aka having sex with you while keeping his eyes on the door).  JUST SAY NO!! 

• Love 15

Thanks for reminding me of Mr McDonald and his delusional fiancee.  How in the world do you think it will be any different for you, dear?  He is a cheater, big time, and he will do it again/is doing it now.  Please, girls, don't get pregnant by a doofus like this!  Aren't birth control pills pretty much free these days?

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

I'm in the teeth biz, and those old-fashioned retro braces are still the most effective ortho treatment for most people. There are ceramic brackets that are less noticeable, but they break easily and get stained with coffee and berries (not to mention red wine!)  Invisalign is not for everyone; it takes lots of self-discipline to wear the retainers faithfully and doesn't move the teeth as effectively. It's also about twice the cost of metal braces.

I finally got braces when I was about 40....and it was such a good decision! Haven't gotten the boob job, though. 

The braces, the boobs, the Jackie Kennedy outfit and the Marilyn Monroe voice...oh, my!

edited because I can't type as well as I'd like

Edited by Intocats
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I will never understand how very tall women feel compelled to stoop to hide their height.  I would give ANYTHING to be taller!

I'm tall, but the last time I slouched or slumped to hide my height was probably in eighth grade. Don't expect to see a mature woman do that.

Aren't birth control pills pretty much free these days?

Alas, for all the single-digit IQ, desperate ninnies we see here (including cougars who let young boys knock them up) the price of birth control doesn't factor into their decisions any more than it would into the decision of a cow to get pregnant. I mean no "desparing remarks" towards cows. Lovely animals.

• Love 5