Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

JJ was appalled that Ms. Randle would take children to a scene where violence was possible.

Ms Randle wanted to teach them by example how disputes are handled. You know, the way lions have their cubs watch them hunt.

AuntiePam, how did you remember all the details of that case? I know it was very high on the "OMG!" scale, but even so I'm impressed.

• Love 2

Angela, I remembered because I had just watched it.  All four of those people were quite memorable, especially Ms. Randle's outfit and the grill, and all those kids.  Not quite as bad as the woman in the YouTube video with 15 kids, in a motel room after being evicted, and ranting about "Who's going to support all these kids?" 

I'm not going to ignore the old Sunday repeats anymore.  They might be repeated because they're so damn good!

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Angela, I remembered because I had just watched it.  All four of those people were quite memorable, especially Ms. Randle's outfit and the grill, and all those kids.  Not quite as bad as the woman in the YouTube video with 15 kids, in a motel room after being evicted, and ranting about "Who's going to support all these kids?" 

I'm not going to ignore the old Sunday repeats anymore.  They might be repeated because they're so damn good!

Link please?

• Love 1

I remembered because I had just watched it.

And memorable it was! I certainly recalled her, but not the details. Thanks for the recap.

"Who's going to support all these kids?"

Someone has to pay for them, right Byrd?

• Love 3

Ms. Randle was wearing what looked like a black body suit with a hot pink top.

Oh.my.god. That outfit. I'm a woman of a certain size, and I think sometimes that certain apparel should not ever be sold in sizes greater than 10. This was one of those occasions. 

• Love 4

Regarding the woman with 15 kids living in a hotel room because her baby daddy (father of 10 of those kids) has been put in jail...WTF!!!!!  She has some agency paying her rent, admits that other people have donated furniture, and says that other people are bringing her food.  But she stands in the doorway of her motel room and indignantly wants to know who is going to pay for her and her kids?  Did I get that right?

I know that there are people who feel entitled, some to an obnoxious degree, but this woman takes it to entirely new levels.  I wish I had the words to properly describe that mess.

• Love 8

First episode, first case - Dustin Boyd (that haircut's not working for you, Dustin) was suing his ex-girlfriend for a car loan, bail money, and property damages. He lent $1000 to his ex Jessica Whisenhunt to buy a car and recouped some of the cost by selling her old car. They had a fight one night, and Jessica wigged out and smashed his car window. Jessica might have been acting blasé in court, but you can tell she has a mean streak. She ended up in jail, and he bonded her out. They broke up a month later. JJ pointed out that, after Jessica busted out the window, Dustin took her right back as his gf. They went back to "happily" living together. So, that signified that the money wasn't an issue to him. JJ said that she would, however, consider other monies owed for damages from another one of Jessica's angry episodes. But, oh well, neither of them had the text messages JJ wanted to see, so she ditched the case.

First ep, second case - Three mean girls were suing an ex-roommate for rent. Natasha and her two roommates didn't like Defendant Karina and asked her to move out. After Karina found somewhere else to live, Natasha changed her mind. She went back to Karina and asked her to move back in. Karina said No Thanks. JJ told Karina to get off the lease and ask the landlord for her security deposit. She told the three plaintiffs to go kick rocks. In the hallterview, Karina said those mean girls were worse than those on her cheer team back in high school.

Second ep, first case -- Crystal Torrez was suing Andres Nevarez for the return of a car, assault, and harassment. The slack-jawed, mumbling Andres took the car when they broke up, even through Crystal bought it. Crystal - dimwitted, dead behind the eyes, and humored by her own stupidity - had little to say. Her witness had to do most of the speaking for her, because Crystal was duuuuuuuhhh. But then, the witness misbehaved and was thrown out. Andres - dimwitted, belligerent, and incapable of using the correct verb tense - patted himself on the back for keeping the car in shape and taking care of her (not his) children. He considers himself to be quite the catch, and he accused Crystal of being a gold-digger. (Umm, she paid for the car.) JJ awarded Crystal $1500 for the car.

Second ep, second case -- Braless Uronda crashed her big pickup truck into Celeste's house. Don't be shocked -- Uronda was uninsured, just like the majority of JJ litigants. Uronda told JJ she was a postal worker, but Celeste discovered she didn't have a job. Uronda claimed she was out of work because of an injury. Sounds like Uronda's injury is from the repetitive motion of bending her elbow...or maybe it's a back injury from lifting too many cases of beer.... In the hallterview, Uronda made it sound like her insurance lapse was her biggest problem. Then, "How Dry I Am" played softly in the background.  (You know it really didn't)

• Love 5

Is the 15 Kids and Counting a new case?

I'm sure we all wish it were. I for one would love to see her eviscerated (not that any of said evisceration would sink into her itty-bitty brain). Hey, she spread time and again and spat them out like a gumball machine from her clown car uterus - she shouldn't have to pay for them too!

• Love 3
(edited)

Boy, Andres Nevares  was a piece of work. He is 20!  Thinks he is quite the catch.  What "charms" must he possess? Must be on some excellent career path. Yick and double yick. His BFF was even worse.   And I agree, poor, sad, Crystal didn't have much going on. But she's fertile!   Yippee.

Re:  15-kids-mom:  "Someone needs to be held accountable!"   CAN. NOT. BREATHE.    Lordy.  <<rushes to grab the wine>>

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Is the 15 Kids and Counting a new case?

The ranty entitled woman with 15 kids is a YouTube video, not related to JJ.  The JJ case with the woman with 9 kids was a repeat from 2012, it aired Sunday.

CoolWhipLite, I appreciate the recap on the first case.  The DVR listed three JJ episodes today.  It gave me the first couple minutes and the last minute of Dustin, and then a recording of the show that airs after JJ.  Weird.

• Love 1

The slack-jawed, mumbling Andres

Before I started watching these court shows, I always thought that "slack jawed" was a figure of speech. Now I know it is a literal observation.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

Boy, Andres Nevares  was a piece of work. He is 20!  Thinks he is quite the catch.  What "charms" must he possess? Must be on some excellent career path. Yick and double yick. His BFF was even worse.   And I agree, poor, sad, Crystal didn't have much going on. But she's fertile!   Yippee.

Ah good ol' Andres. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't know a gold digger was someone who put up a couple grand for your car. And a mooch is someone who let's your mother move in (OK "mooch" let mom move in her house, but he says Mom paid rent. Mooch had the brains of the group, and gave JJ the sideways glance/smile/smirk on her way out.)

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Mooch had the brains of the group, and gave JJ the sideways glance/smile/smirk on her way out.)

I think it was  her way of saying, "Good luck with this group!" since she was the translator!  Ha!

• Love 4

Was the case where the woman was suing Terrelle for being a no-show at her event a repeat? I'm still confused. Terrelle droned on and on, speaking a language with which I'm not familiar, until JJ booted him out. I was simply terrified that we were going to be subjected to his bare ass as he walked the Walk of Shame. His pants seemed ready to give up.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Terrelle droned on and on, speaking a language with which I'm not familiar,

My first thought was "Where's Barbara Billingsley when you need her?"

• Love 11

Well, Mr. Navarez, ill-tempered slob and sugar daddy to the gold-digging and brain dead Crystal was certainly entertaining. Crystal's witness had to issue very loud instructions to Crystal, who had no idea about, well, much of anything. Then the fun began. Mr. Narvarez' witness, who was "kidses' daddy" to Crystal's witness, got the big hook when he flared up like an angry Bichon Frise and waved his little arms around. AND THEN, Crystal's witness, who is the kidses' mama, likewise got the bum's rush, although it took about five repetitions of "GET OUT!" from JJ for her to get the message. "Oh you want me to leave?" she axes in all innocence. Good with dates she was, but not much else.

If I ever decide to look for a sugar daddy, can you people remind me not to get one who asks me to buy him an eleven year old Cavalier, even if he promises to do everything for it and give it a good home?

• Love 9
7 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Re:  15-kids-mom:  "Someone needs to be held accountable!"   CAN. NOT. BREATHE.    Lordy.  <<rushes to grab the wine>>

That Andres dude was seriously menacing. Between the gang neck tatts, aggressive posture, and his explosive little BFF, I can totally envision them carjacking someone as soon as they get back home. ((shudder))

• Love 5
11 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

The ranty entitled woman with 15 kids is a YouTube video, not related to JJ.  The JJ case with the woman with 9 kids was a repeat from 2012, it aired Sunday.

CoolWhipLite, I appreciate the recap on the first case.  The DVR listed three JJ episodes today.  It gave me the first couple minutes and the last minute of Dustin, and then a recording of the show that airs after JJ.  Weird.

Thanks, AuntiePam! Since the forum upgrade, it seems that when I click the threads it no longer anchor links to the last post I read -- the page just automatically goes to some random area and I totally missed that link. UGH. 

That Andres dude was seriously menacing. Between the gang neck tatts, aggressive posture, and his explosive little BFF, I can totally envision them carjacking someone as soon as they get back home. ((shudder))

Thought he was an abuser and a punk. He totally knew what he was doing by putting his name as the lien holder. Nice way to make sure you got your thumb on your chick, d-bag. If I had been hanging with him I would have had the same slack-eyed dull look as the plaintiff. Hopefully she will take her kids and her car money and disappear so she doesn't end up getting beat up by the "lien-holder" or one of his cronies. 

• Love 4

First episode, first case - Dustin Boyd (that haircut's not working for you, Dustin) was suing his ex-girlfriend for a car loan, bail money, and property damages.

Second ep, first case -- Crystal Torrez was suing Andres Nevarez for the return of a car, assault, and harassment.

I found this interesting.  The girlfriend being sued (Jessica) was from Cedar Lake, IN and the title that Andres presented in the next episode listed his city as Cedar Lake, IN.   With a population of less than 12,000 people I found it interesting the two (possibly more) in its citizens were on Judge Judy.  I need a life!!!

• Love 4

Is today's episode that says man sues ex landlord for Xmas decorations our episode?   I remember the poster saying it was her ex and a landlady!  Can't recall which poster, sorry.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, califred said:

Is today's episode that says man sues ex landlord for Xmas decorations our episode?   I remember the poster saying it was her ex and a landlady!  Can't recall which poster, sorry.

I don't think so.  The Christmas decorations plaintiff was an older man who rented a winter place in California and whose home is in Cape Cod.  Not the typical JJ litigant.  JJ should have let the defendant talk.  JJ interrupted her frequently, trying to pin down dates and whether the decorations were in bags or boxes -- if she had just let the woman explain, it would have been over sooner.  JJ would ask a question, the lady would start to answer, and JJ would interrupt.  Frustrating. 

In the other landlord-tenant case, defendant ex-boyfriend said that his girlfriend still had his father's military uniform and duffel bag.  He struck me as a user, but he was kinda cute. 

JJ should have let the defendant talk.  JJ interrupted her frequently, trying to pin down dates and whether the decorations were in bags or boxes -- if she had just let the woman explain, it would have been over sooner.  JJ would ask a question, the lady would start to answer, and JJ would interrupt.  Frustrating. 

Nope, I'm with Judy on this.  "Get there faster" tm Chandler Bing.  My god, those people could ramble on without ever getting to a point.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Quof said:

Nope, I'm with Judy on this.  "Get there faster" tm Chandler Bing.  My god, those people could ramble on without ever getting to a point.

True in 99% of the cases, but today, the defendant would speak two or three words and JJ would interrupt her.  Maybe it's because JJ had read the defendant's answer and knew what she was going to say, but if that's the case, why ask the question?  The woman wasn't rambling -- JJ didn't give her a chance. 

• Love 3

It seems I frequently see the episodes in reverse order. Anyway, my first case was the dude suing because his landlord didn't return his Christmas decorations that were stored at a rental. He lived on the east coast, but for three years he rented a house in the San Diego area for the summer. The time comes when the owner of the San Diego home tells him she no longer wants to rent. Problem is he's in the habit of leaving some stuff at the San Diego house year round, and now he's at home on the "Cape". His sends his daughter to retrieve his crap, she collects the stuff on his list, and he says he's still missing holiday decorations. We're not talking fancy decorations - his list says they're valued under $200 but for some reason he wants 3 times that. Anyway, JJ says landlord was under no obligation to store his crap indefinitely, and that she, JJ, would have pitched it in the trash. For some reason, defendant wants to keep case going even after it's obvious she's won. 

Second case, confusing case, not worth going back to try to figure out WTH plaintiff is suing for. Way I understood it, defendant called and reserved a rental motorcycle for thanksgiving weekend in September. Couple days later his planned changed, so he calls and cancels. Plaintiff owns mc, and has already charged his cc. He disputes the cc charge, and charge is reversed. Plaintiff starts going on about her no refund policy, so I'm thinking she wants that money. And I think that's what JJ is thinking, because she asks if all the rental motorcycles had been reserved, and what financial loss resulted from his cancellation. Nope, not what case is about. When she protested the cc company decision to cancel the charge, her customer dropped his dispute, and the charge was already reinstated, so she's been paid. Nope she wants to be compensated for the hassle she went through to fight the cancelled charge (show of hands - how many think she's going to rent those bikes again over Thanksgiving ??) We'll never know, plaintiff couldn't shut up, so after repeated warnings JJ dismissed the case.

Next case is nice clean cut couple duking it out. Bf thinks she should be happy to have him sleep on the couch forever and not contribute anything towards rent. He breaks his lease to move in, and now she wants him gone. He seems to think that she doesn't really want him gone, despite her calling the cops a couple times, talking about evicting him, and trying to physically take back his key. Gf's case for rent dismissed. Bf's countersuit for duffle bag of his dad's army stuff granted, and he's given 5 days to go pick it up.

Last case scuffle between family members at birthday party. The one kid showed up at uncle's house already drunk, words lead to shoving, cussing, wrestling and eventually a couple punches. Uncle goes inside to de-esculate, but kid what's to chase him and fight, punching the walls and acting the fool. Rest of family convinces his date to drive him home. JJ tells kid his has to pay to repair damage to uncle's place.

• Love 3

Rerun, summarized: "I don't see why this is such a big deal, I don't care about it, I just want things exactly the way I want them, and if you argue you're the nut". Prospective roommate nopes out and wants her money back. Defendant doesn't even argue that she didn't stay; his argument is that this caused another roommate to nope out and so she owes him for that. Plaintiff wants to explain how not nuts she is; if it weren't so obvious a case she'd have risked annoying Judy and losing, but she just gets cut off. Rule 1: when you're winning, shut up and take the money.

Second case: when mom had custody, dad didn't pay child support. Now dad has custody but mom wants child support. JJ and I are both baffled. Mom: "Does that make me the bad guy?" Judy: "Yes! Right now you're the bad guy!" But they have a 15 year on and off relationship! Though they can't quite remember when it was on or off, or who should be paying who when.

• Love 2

Why on earth do biz owners go on JJ and act like ass-holes? Do they not realize this will be shown on television? Past-her-sell-by-date-Harley-chick made a fool of herself and all potential customers should steer clear. 

• Love 9

Past-her-sell-by-date-Harley-chick made a fool of herself and all potential customers should steer clear. 

OMG. That hideous, hard-ridden, hateful Harley hag was bad news. I'd be afraid to get within fifty feet of her.

Mr. Weigman? In the "I'm the most petty, shameless person out there" contest, he tops even the nutty dad who was suing his daughter for the contents of a junk drawer.

Next case is nice clean cut couple duking it out.

The "annoying little gnat" vs the oddly masculine Ms.Hawkes and their stupid, petty squabbles. Boring.

• Love 4

There is a certain group of people who think that living on Cape Cod makes them Kennedys, when it is so not the case. I have encountered men exactly like Mr. Weigman before. (My parents actually do own a vacation house on the Cape, but we're not assholes about it.) I couldn't decide if the daughter was on Dad's side or was mortified to be involved in all of this.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, SRTouch said:

It seems I frequently see the episodes in reverse order. Anyway, my first case was the dude suing because his landlord didn't return his Christmas decorations that were stored at a rental. He lived on the east coast, but for three years he rented a house in the San Diego area for the summer. The time comes when the owner of the San Diego home tells him she no longer wants to rent. Problem is he's in the habit of leaving some stuff at the San Diego house year round, and now he's at home on the "Cape". His sends his daughter to retrieve his crap, she collects the stuff on his list, and he says he's still missing holiday decorations. We're not talking fancy decorations - his list says they're valued under $200 but for some reason he wants 3 times that. Anyway, JJ says landlord was under no obligation to store his crap indefinitely, and that she, JJ, would have pitched it in the trash. For some reason, defendant wants to keep case going even after it's obvious she's won. 

If this guy can afford to winter for 6 months or so on the west coast he can afford to buy new tinsel.  And 2 new coasters.

I think this episode set a 'THAT'S NOT WHAT I ASKED YOU!" record for JJ.

Edited by Albino
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, augmentedfourth said:

There is a certain group of people who think that living on Cape Cod makes them Kennedys, when it is so not the case. I have encountered men exactly like Mr. Weigman before. (My parents actually do own a vacation house on the Cape, but we're not assholes about it.) I couldn't decide if the daughter was on Dad's side or was mortified to be involved in all of this.

I think daughter was afraid JJ would ask her why it took so long to find the wine glasses  ?

• Love 3

If there was ever a time for JJ to trot out her, "I didn't go to seventeen years of post-graduate school to hear about coasters, plastic spray bottles and bags of dollar store tinsel," this was it.

Maybe Mr.Weigman is one of those people who gets pathologically attached to anything that's his - no matter if it's junk - the way hoarders do.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

If there was ever a time for JJ to trot out her, "I didn't go to seventeen years of post-graduate school to hear about coasters, plastic spray bottles and bags of dollar store tinsel," this was it.

Maybe Mr.Weigman is one of those people who gets pathologically attached to anything that's his - no matter if it's junk - the way hoarders do.

That was what I thought-just the fact that he had such a long detailed list of pretty much of trivial 'stuff' made me wonder.

• Love 5

Like someone else said if you can vacation in Corona del Mar half the year you can afford new tinsel.  I'd have thrown his crap out too.  And assuming he wasn't returning to Cali it would be cheaper to rebuy those things than mail them.

• Love 5

long detailed list of pretty much of trivial 'stuff' made me wonder.

It went beyond the "trivial" and into the "worthless" (or are plastic spray bottles now a rare commodity?) If my father asked me to hound people and then go on national TV and support him in his fight for dollar store items no way would I do it. Humiliating.

• Love 5
(edited)

The house was owned by a doctor.  It was rented by a family from Saudi Arabia in the summer, and a family from Cape Cod over the winter.  This sounds like a pretty high falutin' bunch to me!

When the daughter admitted finding the wine glasses in her possession after complaining about how they were missing to the landlady, I laughed so hard I fell off the couch. 

They must be hoarders back home in Cape Cod and rent out in  California to escape their hoard.  The plaintiff AND his daughter both seemed to think this lawsuit was a great idea and JJ would bring them Justice with a capital "J" for this great cause of a used shopping bag of tinsel and lights.  They were true believers.  The daughter was nodding along with great import.  They invested time, money and travel to recover cheap trivial stuff that our beloved JJ deemed ripe for the trashcan. Ten bucks of coasters? I loved when JJ pointed out that he had priced each trivial item and asked him why he did that.  He was so befuddled. "ah bah-buh-bah, bah-buh-bah, beh-cuz?"  Twenty dollars at Dollarama would have made him whole again.

The landlady seemed rational and put together, I doubt that she was trolling them and they were seeking revenge.  They really did want their used tinsel back.

These people looked tame but they were crazier than Frances Bean!

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 7

Minus anyone yelling out, "Slut!" I agree.

Twenty dollars at Dollarama would have made him whole again.

And the shit would all be new!

JJ pointed out that he had priced each trivial item and asked him why he did that. 

I thought he kind of sort of said that if the landlady saw the actual value of his treasures in dollars and cents and knew she might be charged for them, it would frighten her into rounding them up pronto.

• Love 2

It was rented by a family from Saudi Arabia in the summer,

I enjoyed that Dr Rental Property felt the need to mention, on numerous occasions, the tenants were going back to Saudi Arabia. The information was totally irrelevant to anything but I got her inference, "I'm rich! They're rich! Aren't we special with richness!"

Ahem but the typo po-lice says the craziness resides with Miss PATRICIA Bean (since we share a name and all that). 

Dollarama??? Toaster, how did I not know you were a fellow Canuck??

Down in Miami they call it Dollarazo  - same store, different cheap easily breakable crap. 

And in Patricia Bean news - my daughter came to visit over Mother's Day weekend. I made her watch the Patricia Bean episode as part of her Mother's Day gift to me. And we laughed and laughed and laughed. . . . 

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Ahem but the typo po-lice says the craziness resides with Miss PATRICIA Bean (since we share a name and all that). 

"Don't worry, I'll be crazy one day."

courtney-love-frances-bean-26jan15-03.jpg

Gad.  The repeats today!  What a bunch of 'maroons'. When the gallery is cracking up, you just might be making an ass of yourself.    The second case with the former brother-in-law who borrowed money but claims the loan was "forgiven" - JJ:  "Why do you think she is suing you?!"  Idiot: "I have no idea."

I need a JJ antidote - a show that offers me a glimpse of some positive aspects of humanity.  Admittedly, shows with fine, upstanding, articulate people would be pretty boring.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Next case is nice clean cut couple duking it out. Bf thinks she should be happy to have him sleep on the couch forever and not contribute anything towards rent. He breaks his lease to move in, and now she wants him gone. He seems to think that she doesn't really want him gone, despite her calling the cops a couple times, talking about evicting him, and trying to physically take back his key. Gf's case for rent dismissed. Bf's countersuit for duffle bag of his dad's army stuff granted, and he's given 5 days to go pick it up.

I never understand people who say someone refused to move out. Are they flammable? Then you can get them out.

How do you just let someone refuse to leave your home? At the least, call the police and have them put his sorry ass out. He wasn't paying rent, right?

• Love 5