Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

The baby ashes case was a rerun and after searching, I see that we commiserated over it on page 302. But like many of you, I probably drank enough brain bleach to try to forget about it. These people are sad, nasty, putrid, warped. Off for more brain bleach. Tonight's choice is Chardonnay.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

I'm so sorry you had to sit through this case, @AngelaHunter

I already had my ration of Cabernet and then had an unprecedented 3rd Grand Marnier after this and then went outside to look at my flowers, with the butterflies and bees around them, trying to erase this filth from my mind.

JJ ranted at Vernisha, about how she thinks it's an outrage that anyone would employ something so vile to care for elderly people, and how this is what she's teaching her children, created by her and the noble "Famous" but it made not a single dent in her cement head. "Yabbut - Tanisha posted my portraits - and they wuz real nice -  showing the pink, to everyone! Do you know how much time I spent, stripping and spreading my legs and getting the camera angle just right for that? It was PRIVATE!" I hope the kids were out of the room, but I'm not counting on it.

This is their lives. It's how they live and how they raise impressionable, innocent children.

31 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

I see that we commiserated over it on page 302.

Just took a look. I see I skipped that case back then. Should have the sense to do the same this time. Gee, I hope Tanisha and Vernisha can both get knocked up again the next time Famous is out of the slammer. They really need to breed some more.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Sorry to post twice in a row but just watched another one I'd never seen and wish I still hadn't. Ah, social media - such a wonderful tool to keep in touch with loved ones in faraway places, or - the perfect platform to fight and display pictures of your privates for those with a burning hunger to see them, right?

Latisha - 38 years old/4 kids/doesn't work because her doctor said she shouldn't due to the stress of her baby dying and Vernisha stealing the ashes(WTF!!??) but she's fine to be a "student" (student loans - yay! and one of her kids gets SSI) is suing Vernisha. They are battling over "Famous" who is unfortunately incarcerated (and not for the first time), but even when he wasn't incarcerated, getting a job just wasn't his calling, although he has three kids with Vernisha(who appeared here displaying her bra straps and massive, tatted arms) BUT Latisha got a car with her student loans, so Famous could use it to "do errands" which I'm sure supported umpteen kids and two households.  Vernisha does work, giving care to the elderly. She's a lovely, sympathetic person - well, I thought so til we saw her "social media" posts:

JJ was horrified, as was I, that someone so vicious, foul-mouthed and illiterate was given control of defenseless elderly "ppl".

Jesus. Latisha, on why she takes Famous, the low-level, unemployed criminal back - when he's not incarcerated of course: "I love him." Like, who wouldn't?

Producers? Could you please find cases a little more sordid? I feel this did not dive deeply enough into the  sewer. And they are raising children.

Sorry, I am too dumb to figure out how to quote only parts of posts. 

Angelahunter, regarding your statement, “And they are raising children.” I beg to differ. They are HAVING children. I don’t think the have the knowledge, ambition, or desire to actually RAISE them. “

• Love 9
8 hours ago, shksabelle said:

Sorry, I am too dumb to figure out how to quote only parts of posts. 

Once you've gotten the quote to appear in YOUR post (as you did above), you can just go in and delete the parts you don't want to quote, just as you would in your post.

• Love 2

I do feel for these children.  They don't stand a chance and will just become repeats of their parents. It's sad.

It's fascinating to me when JJ interrogates litigants.  I don't know if she gets prior information of if it's her 'spidey' senses after so many years in family court.  They often seem uncomfortable because her questions have nothing to do with the case at hand and she's hijacking their pat stories. 

Although I think she's often unfair and doesn't allow things to be explained, her ability to see through people is a skill honed over the years.  It's fun to watch. I wish more judges were like her.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, shksabelle said:

I beg to differ. They are HAVING children.

Of course you're right. They incubate the Blessed Events, squirt them out and their job is just about done.  Some don't even have them hanging around after the gestation is over, like the unforgettable (to me) Stepford mom def. who has babies on an assembly line but raises none of them. Rats are way better parents.

55 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

her ability to see through people is a skill honed over the years. 

I find it fascinating. She knows who to start with (you can often almost hear the rusty wheels in their heads grinding as they think "What? Not supposed to be this way!" and exactly what questions to ask to surgically extract the truth even from those for whom lying is as natural as breathing.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

It's fascinating to me when JJ interrogates litigants.  I don't know if she gets prior information of if it's her 'spidey' senses after so many years in family court.

She does have some prior knowledge from what is in the files and can start from that. I think she uses a lot the technique called "cold reading" favoured by sideshow hucksters and alleged mind readers, i.e. asking leading questions and picking up info that she later feeds back to the litigants in a show of "see how smart I am to have deducted that !"; it works because these people don't realise what they have just given her and often don't even recall what they wrote in their claim or response. She must have honed that skill during her years of sitting on real courts.

If her questioning leads into a blind alley or she does not score a hit, a little bit of editing excises it and makes her so-called instinct appear to be unerring.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Once you've gotten the quote to appear in YOUR post (as you did above), you can just go in and delete the parts you don't want to quote, just as you would in your post.

Or, while you are reading a post, you can drag over some of the text in the post and a little box will pop up that says "Quote this."

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Also, occasionally, you can highlight the part of another person's post that you want to respond to and a little "Quote" link will pop up, so only the highlighted part will appear in your post.  But for some reason, that doesn't happen all the time.

What @configdotsys said.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 2

So, like - who is choosing our repeats here? I had forgotten how much I detested the grinning Suzanne Grissom, who is suing for the ancient POS truck with 200K miles on it that her darling, dearest daughter wanted. Ms. Grissom is a teacher who is dishonest, sneaky and really dumb. Great qualifications for someone in charge of shaping young minds (yeah, I know. Ha!) When asked for the sales contract for the car, she passes up an obviously doctored copy and when asked why she didn't have the original, she says, "That's just what I have. I left the original copy at home and don't have it with me at this moment." Big stupid grin and giggle she thinks is cute. It's not, Suzanne. You look like a moron or a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "I apologize." You should apologize, you twit, if this is the kind of thing in which you involve your truck-loving daughter. "Let's write some other stuff on this contract, then copy it. JJ will never suspect it's not genuine. I'm a teacher, therefore I'm smart." I swear I hated her more than I do the low-life, grammatically challenged and violent riff-raff.

• Love 5

Today's opening case (in my area) is a another dog bite issue. Plaintiff Debra Stokes was bitten by neighbors dog. 

Unfortunately, the dog was euthanized. But moving on to some snark......that was one hullava gigantic long hairpiece attached to the back of her bald head. And according to Ms. Stokes, she is still traumatized from the dog attack. Her very bad ugly detachable hairpiece however, has not traumatized anyone other than us peeps who have to look at it. 

I was feeling physical pain in my scalp just from looking at her "wig". Could I possibly sue Ms. Stokes for pain and suffering?

5 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

So, like - who is choosing our repeats here? I had forgotten how much I detested the grinning Suzanne Grissom, who is suing for the ancient POS truck with 200K miles on it that her darling, dearest daughter wanted. Ms. Grissom is a teacher who is dishonest, sneaky and really dumb. Great qualifications for someone in charge of shaping young minds (yeah, I know. Ha!) When asked for the sales contract for the car, she passes up an obviously doctored copy and when asked why she didn't have the original, she says, "That's just what I have. I left the original copy at home and don't have it with me at this moment." Big stupid grin and giggle she thinks is cute. It's not, Suzanne. You look like a moron or a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "I apologize." You should apologize, you twit, if this is the kind of thing in which you involve your truck-loving daughter. "Let's write some other stuff on this contract, then copy it. JJ will never suspect it's not genuine. I'm a teacher, therefore I'm smart." I swear I hated her more than I do the low-life, grammatically challenged and violent riff-raff.

I think it's like the powerball. They just put a hundred thousand past episodes in a giant tumbler and the one that pops out is what you get on this/that particular day. But I'll be watching to see the 'grinning Grissom"!

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Could I possibly sue Ms. Stokes for pain and suffering?

Probably. Go find a lawyer on CL who will send you to a shifty chiropractor who can affirm that the incapacitating kink in your neck was caused by sympathetic pain and stress from watching Ms.Stokes (whoever she is. I never watch any ep with the word "dog" in the blurb)and you "feel" you should be "renumerated" to the tune of 5,000$. You suffered! You had to get Ativan! "Just ask my husband and my mother! Oh, they're not here today, but if they were they would tell you what I went through! Trust me. I'm a Christian and I never lie. "

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Probably. Go find a lawyer on CL who will send you to a shifty chiropractor who can affirm that the incapacitating kink in your neck was caused by sympathetic pain and stress from watching Ms.Stokes (whoever she is. I never watch any ep with the word "dog" in the blurb)and you "feel" you should be "renumerated" to the tune of 5,000$. You suffered! You had to get Ativan! "Just ask my husband and my mother! Oh, they're not here today, but if they were they would tell you what I went through! Trust me. I'm a Christian and I never lie. "

AngelaHunter....once again, you're killin' it with the snarkiest of the snark! I think I would love being "renumerated"! Is there a JJ Litigant Urban Dictionary"? 

• Love 2

Plaintiff Valerie Kidd is wearing GIGANTIC diaper pins for earrings! LOL! If not for that, she might appear credible, good taste in clothing attire, nice make up. But diaper pins in her ears. 

• Love 5

Haven't seen the diaper pins yet, but sometimes having a bad memory is a good thing. I didn't recall seeing Ms.Salazar, suing her sawed-off lovah-boy who is only half her height but twice her age, for the money she charged on her Care Credit card to fix whatever massive trainwreck he had going on in his mouth. He assaulted her and catching a glimpse of the police report I noted it mentioned a bruise on her hip and thought, "Well, yeah! He can't reach any higher than that."  He looked so miniscule when Byrd went to get some stupid papers he had. Byrd was very annoyed in this case. Not only he had to go back and forth getting useless papers from Ms. Salazar, but each time she thought she needed to come around to the front of the podium to give them to him. Mighty annoyed he was, with good reason.

However it wasn't so funny when we heard that this stupid bitch who indebts herself for thousands of dollars for the wee Lothario's Colgate smile (of which we saw no evidence) has a baby. Lucky kid - not.

• Love 6

Today’s episode of the loan for plastic surgery..., plaintiff got an auto accident settlement for of $2700.00 and insisted that from this settlement she loaned the defendant $6000.00.  3x JJ asked her to clarify, 3x she insisted the $6000 was from the $2700 settlement,   JJ dismisses the case, tells her to take it back to her local court. 

I can only surmise the settlement was $27000.00 and she loaned $6000.00 to defendant, but even I’m confused. 

She even reiterated 27 hundred settlement and loaned 6 thousand. ????

Anyone else have any clue ?

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Today’s episode of the loan for plastic surgery..., plaintiff got an auto accident settlement for of $2700.00 and insisted that from this settlement she loaned the defendant $6000.00.  3x JJ asked her to clarify, 3x she insisted the $6000 was from the $2700 settlement,   JJ dismisses the case, tells her to take it back to her local court. 

I can only surmise the settlement was $27000.00 and she loaned $6000.00 to defendant, but even I’m confused. 

She even reiterated 27 hundred settlement and loaned 6 thousand. ????

Anyone else have any clue ?

I think you are correct. I don't think she knew that 27 hundred was less than 6 thousand.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, badhaggis said:

I think you are correct. I don't think she knew that 27 hundred was less than 6 thousand.

I don’t know if that is sad or funny. Is it a failure of our schools or parenting? 

Just guessing that lady was fairly close to my age and when I attended school basic math was strongly taught. I can’t imagine someone not knowing that hundreds are less than thousands.. it boggles my mind.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, badhaggis said:

OT but this brought to mind Sherry from Parking Wars saying in a very early episode, "I could put in 1400 plates, sometimes a thousand!" Her tone made it clear that she didn't seem to realize that 1400 is more than a thousand.

Off to find the diaper pins ep on the DVR. Have so many to catch up on.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, badhaggis said:

I don't think she knew that 27 hundred was less than 6 thousand.

Still haven't watched but let's be fair, people, "Twenty-seven hundred" DOES have more words and twice as many syllables as "six thousand", so it's understandable. You know -  the way a small child thinks  that 10, one dollar bills is more money than a single fifty dollar bill and they can't comprehend why it's not so.

10 hours ago, iwasish said:

I don’t know if that is sad or funny.

We need to learn to laugh at it. It's not going to get better and we can't spend all our time sad about and angry at adults who can't spell, read or speak past a pre-kindergarten level.

There's a guy on YT who has fish tanks and indoor ponds and while discussing the plants and the light they need stated, "After all, the sun is thousands of miles away."

10 hours ago, shksabelle said:

The case of the $6000 loan from the $2700 settlement, I kept thinking of this

Oh, Yvoone Criddle and them leaves! A classic, right down to the hallterview and Levin's nitwits.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Still haven't watched but let's be fair, people, "Twenty-seven hundred" DOES have more words and twice as many syllables as "six thousand", so it's understandable. You know -  the way a small child thinks  that 10, one dollar bills is more money than a single fifty dollar bill and they can't comprehend why it's not so.

We need to learn to laugh at it. It's not going to get better and we can't spend all our time sad about and angry at adults who can't spell, read or speak past a pre-kindergarten level.

There's a guy on YT who has fish tanks and indoor ponds and while discussing the plants and the light they need stated, "After all, the sun is thousands of miles away."

Oh, Yvoone Criddle and them leaves! A classic, right down to the hallterview and Levin's nitwits.

Oh I laughed AngelaHunter, I laughed. But I wanted to appear to be a better person so....  Which if truth be told I am not.

• Love 2

Angela Hunter says: Go find a lawyer on CL who will send you to a shifty chiropractor who can affirm that the incapacitating kink in your neck was caused by sympathetic pain and stress from watching Ms.Stokes (whoever she is. I never watch any ep with the word "dog" in the blurb)and you "feel" you should be "renumerated" to the tune of 5,000$. You suffered! You had to get Ativan! "Just ask my husband and my mother! Oh, they're not here today, but if they were they would tell you what I went through! Trust me. I'm a Christian and I never lie. "

*** jangles large gold cross around neck while telling gigantic lie*****

Here in FL people are required to have $10,000 of PIP (personal injury protection) that people think that PIP is a big boe-nan-zaahh (thanks Judge Marilyn!) that they get if they are injured in a car accident. That PIP goes toward whatever injuries you have, including that those MRIs that cost about $500 and up apiece. Usually lawyers send their clients for lumbar (low back) and cervical (neck) MRIs routinely which comes off their PIP. That's AFTER they've seen the chiropractor and had a "workup" and a few "treatments". Thus that PIP gets all used up quickly.  My daughter was in an accident about ten years ago where she was T-boned by a 94 year old lady who flipped my daughter's SUV. Between the ambulance ride, the hospital visit (which included x-rays and exam only), a few visits to the orthopedist and some physical therapy for hip and neck pain (no chiropractors or MRIs) that $10,000 was gone. 

I wouldn't be too happy if the person watching my 9 day old baby was declaring that people "rot in hell" on national TV. Of course, that defendant was a dope to be taking a 9 day old baby to day care (yes, I heard the whole "single mother" routine). Plus wasn't it convenient that she gave money to the Rot In Hell New Day Care Provider who conveniently "lost" the money out of her purse at  Home Depot, I mean, Lowe's, on the way to getting stuff for her new day care?   

And was yesterday a record? Four cases shoved into one episode? 

• Love 5

It's been awhile since I've watched JJ on a regular  basis, but I can see a marked decline in her ability to ask the parties cohesive questions and follow their responses. Granted, most of these people are nitwits but it's like JJ is intentionally trying to misunderstand what they are telling her. 

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

but I can see a marked decline in her ability to ask the parties cohesive questions and follow their responses.

Well, when you have litigants who claim, "I wrote "loan" because it was NOT a loan" and reply to the question, "So you think she should be responsible for the phone bill?" with, "No, your honour, that's not correct. I thought she should be responsible for the phone bill" it's no wonder she can't follow the idiotic verbal diahrrea that spurts from the grub flaps of idiots. Who could?

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, QQQQ said:

t's been awhile since I've watched JJ on a regular  basis, but I can see a marked decline in her ability to ask the parties cohesive questions and follow their responses.

There was a clear example of that on one of todays's repeats. Plaintiff said "I always tell my employees and rentees" and JJ immediately cut in "she was not an employee!!!", demonstrating she did not hear the second part of the statement. On top of that, she clearly had little understanding of how a booth-leasing contractual agreement between the parties might work, and obviously had it in for unpleasant overbearing plaintiff from the get-go (JJ does not like competition).

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 2

And was yesterday a record? Four cases shoved into one episode?

Quadrifecta!  It happened years ago, but it has happened.  One of the four cases involved a possibly sexual relationship between an uncle and a niece.  One of those two was mentally challenged, or possibly both were. Neither said much, so it was hard to tell.  But it was really notable because JJ called one of the witnesses into her chamber and questioned her -- off camera -- about that relationship.  Only time I ever saw that happen.  No, I don't remember what the actual case was about but it was fast and creepifying. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I live in NYC and did not get the diaper pins in the ears episode. I don't know what is going on with Spectrum but the episode descriptions do not match the shows and I found a whole slew of shows in a Season 18 folder. Half had episode descriptions that were wrong, the other half had the generic, "Judge Judy hears cases..." It takes me forever to go through all these folders to find recently recorded episodes. 

Edited by configdotsys
Lol. It's diaper pins, not baby pins, silly.
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sarcastico said:

Quadrifecta!  It happened years ago, but it has happened.  One of the four cases involved a possibly sexual relationship between an uncle and a niece.  One of those two was mentally challenged, or possibly both were. Neither said much, so it was hard to tell.  But it was really notable because JJ called one of the witnesses into her chamber and questioned her -- off camera -- about that relationship.  Only time I ever saw that happen.  No, I don't remember what the actual case was about but it was fast and creepifying. 

Ooh, I remember that. "Creepifying" indeed. I wonder what, if any, repercussions arose from that.

• Love 2

Okay, I loved the repeat of Mr. Johnson, who at his age shouldn't be a naive fool but is, suing Randy Biggs(Riggs, whatever) for taking Mr. Johnson for a ride. A meat-headed, smirking, sawed-off asshole whose scam wouldn't fool a child but totally snowed Mr. Johnson, Randy has a thriving landscaping business, in which he employs "three illegals" so of course he could afford a 42K plane. Howard Hughes ain't got nuthin' on Randy. I think even Howard might have negotiated the price, but not Randy! That's for the little people and money is no object to the King of Landscapers and his Three Illegals! The round-headed Randy felt like a big shot, probably for the first time in his narrow, tiny little life. Oh, and even Randy's witness, the old man, was likewise an asshole.

I enjoyed less the shocking freakshow, if only because of the blatant parasitism of the public. Plaintiff is visually impaired, which doesn't stop her from reading court documents, driving around the def (who is of course disabled  - too disabled to get a job. She can't wash or dress herself but luckily she's not too disabled to also drive around,) Plaintiff sucks in 600$/mth from the taxpayers for her visually impaired care-giving, and when asked where that 600/mnth goes, says she spends the whole amount on gas, gas and more gas, because she drives def. - who can drive herself - around constantly, visual impairment notwithstanding. Hey, Byrd! You want to know where your deductions go? Well, I guess you've figured it out by now.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

agree that he was at fault, no swagger, no mumble, no duh whut?, just a humble acceptance of a life experience when his mother was completely on the verge of being unhinged over the case?

He agreed because he was on national TeeVee being grilled by JJ and I guess even he realized how dumb his lies and excuses sounded and he folded like a cheap suit. Momma and Pa Dukes of Hazzard? You didn't coach your boy  - for whom you pay 2200$/year (like, wtf?) so a 16-year old baby can have the fun of tooling around on the freeway - well enough. I bet he got it! "No playstation or texxing for one whole hour! That'll teach you to backtrack on the lies Mommy and Daddy ordered you to tell!"

I often wonder about women appearing  here. Do they sit and ponder, "It's my Big Day! Now what can I wear that will showcase and draw all eyes to my huge, drooping bazzooms/chest(neck) tats/ massive arms/ and will nearly expose my buttocks?"

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

How did the 16 year old become so respectful of the situation, to listen and comprehend what was being said to him, agree that he was at fault, no swagger, no mumble, no duh whut?, just a humble acceptance of a life experience when his mother was completely on the verge of being unhinged over the case?

Yes, I think he deserves full credit for admitting his responsibility and not trying to smirk his way out of it as so many of these younger litigants do, even when confronted by the supposedly formidable figure of JJ. Some do eventually surrender and abandon that tactic,  but he did not have to because he took the honest road early on.

Of course, his mother had enough arrogance and stubborn stupidity in her for the two of them (and probably for three people if you count the father).

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, configdotsys said:

That is the number one all time best scofflaw that ever appeared on Parking Wars!

Not a show I'd ever seen, but I may be hooked just based on that clip!  That was awesome. Perfect new photo for you!!

Teen driver - yep, I think he recognized all along it was his responsibility, but Ma and Pa didn't want to pony up the cash. Life is tough when you have  a teenage boy driving. (Or a slightly older one who now has, and pays, his own insurance because he was too pricey on ours. Mistakes cost $$.)

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Teen driver - yep, I think he recognized all along it was his responsibility

I'm a meanie, but I give him no credit as he would have kept lying and trying to blame someone else if it had not been pointed out that his lies on how the accident happened were so ridiculous  that he had to give up. He's too young yet not to crack under a few questions. Maybe mommy and daddy can help him hone his skills. I will never agree with children being given cars to play with.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

Teen driver - yep, I think he recognized all along it was his responsibility, but Ma and Pa didn't want to pony up the cash.

It just was not in him to sustain the lie concocted by Ma (perhaps with some help from Pa). The inclination to tell the truth or the ability to resist the soft grilling JJ puts litigants through is not a question of age, but of personality and character.

Remember those "charming" cousins, probably a year or two younger than this teen driver, who had broken their uncle's phone in an act of spite and were regularly stealing from their grandmother's purse (a fact confirmed by the loving grandma herself when JJ called her)? They barely budged from their lies and denial of guilt, even in the face of all the evidence and testimony to the contrary. I am sure they will continue their denials to their grave, in this matter and others. They were not even coached by the spineless and clueless mother who was ostensibly supervising them.

Whereas this mother would probably go to the Supreme Court to defend her story of how the car accident happened and who is responsible.

• Love 2
(edited)

OMG. I just watched the 2700$ = 6000$. "Out of the 2700$ you gave her 6K?" "Yes, m'am!" x6. Please tell me this was a poorly-concocted scam and that she's not that mind-numbingly stupid. Def. should sue whoever "did her face." OTOH, maybe it looked much worse before.

Ms. Gamroth (or whatever). Jesus. Not a tooth in her head, her boobies (both front and back) hanging to her waist and all she cares about is trying to score more money she never earned and doesn't deserve - both government and child support she got for her kid who lives with plaintiff? Speechless. I really would have loved to see her "fiance" = "some hideous loser who is joining her to feed at her public handout trough in return for bumping uglies with her."

Daycare harpies: Disgusting. Two old battleaxes doing, well, battle and of course overly-entitled, brainless little girl: "I'm a sainted single parent and got an apartment, therefore I shouldn't have to pay what I owe! Single baby mommas should get special dispensation and a pass for their bad choices and irresponsibility!" Oh, ETA: Best part was the hall. Plaintiff: "I hope she rots in hell." Gee, a bit  harsh, no?

The hitch-shoulder landlord: I rented for a few years and not once did my landlord want to come and spend the night in my apartment with me. Freaks! They're all freaks!

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

They're all freaks!

Once upon a time, you could count on the show to generally be a mix of sharp barbs sitting on a solid legal foundation. Now it's mostly her deciding according to her arbitrary likes and dislikes of litigants and on the basis of the law as she wished it were, not as it really is.

The freakishness of most of the litigants is probably the main appeal of the show these days, as reassuring comparative therapy; no matter how bad we may think our lives are going, we can readily see we are nowhere near as irresponsible and stupid as the people appearing before her and we do not make the same outlandish life choices they do.

• Love 4

I have found-- to my sadness-- that I don't enjoy the show anymore. I used to watch her episodes in the evening after the 4 pm shows recorded and then watch more on You Tube because it was so entertaining. It took a long time, but I just don't look forward to it anymore. I still record it but delete any show with hurt animals and leave the rest to linger until I feel like watching and even then I'm only half watching, or cleaning or whatever. At least i still have some keepers from years gone by that I watch now and again. I'd be so happy if they re-aired the cheeseballs and the VFW ladies and a few others. I wish they'd release her shows on DVDs by season. I'd buy a ton of the early seasons on disk in a heartbeat.

• Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Okay, I loved the repeat of Mr. Johnson, who at his age shouldn't be a naive fool but is, suing Randy Biggs(Riggs, whatever) for taking Mr. Johnson for a ride. A meat-headed, smirking, sawed-off asshole whose scam wouldn't fool a child but totally snowed Mr. Johnson, Randy has a thriving landscaping business, in which he employs "three illegals" so of course he could afford a 42K plane. Howard Hughes ain't got nuthin' on Randy. I think even Howard might have negotiated the price, but not Randy! That's for the little people and money is no object to the King of Landscapers and his Three Illegals! The round-headed Randy felt like a big shot, probably for the first time in his narrow, tiny little life. Oh, and even Randy's witness, the old man, was likewise an asshole.

This was a new one for me. 

I am still horrified that idiot has a pilot's license.   It is no small feat to pilot a small aircraft.  I've been in a private plane four times related to work and was mesmerized at the pilot's total focus on getting that plane up in the air, keeping it steady and finally taking charge of the landing (one quite difficult).

There is no way in hell Goober Pyle assumes a serious tone while flying.  I can picture that moron screaming "yee haw" as the plane (hopefully) ascends.  You got it so right Angela that the round-headed Randy was playing a big shot.  And his witness - Father of the Crypt Keeper - didn't have anything of value to add.  Even JJ didn't harass him too much because it was clear he didn't have all his marbles.

And Configdotsys I get what you're saying.  I really do.

56 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

And his witness - Father of the Crypt Keeper

Randy probably likes having him around because he makes Randy feel intelligent, like a Boss!

1 hour ago, PsychoKlown said:

I can picture that moron screaming "yee haw" as the plane (hopefully) ascends. 

I'm sure. "Look at me, ma! I'm flyin'! Wheeee!" But did he have a pilot's license? Plaintiff never saw it, did he? He just took Randy's unimpeachable word for it, IIRC.

I had to stop watching today. The overly-toothy Derrick Handley and his twitching, fucked-up girlfriend are both marginal, mentally defective mutants who bred. Such failures are they that even though Derrick said they both work, they had to live in one room in someone's else home with their poor, unfortunate offspring, who has no chance in this life with these minor human failures for parents. I guess Derrick and his ladylove thought their genes needed passing on.

I really dislike cases featuring the brain-dead, the sainted Single Mothers, the scammers, the manglers of the language, the low-lifes and all the garden-variety morons. I guess the producers look at the popular, sordid reality shows and think everyone wants to see this shit. We do not.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm sure. "Look at me, ma! I'm flyin'! Wheeee!" But did he have a pilot's license? Plaintiff never saw it, did he? He just took Randy's unimpeachable word for it, IIRC.

This and this alone will keep me up tonight staring at the ceiling praying intensely.

I also thought of something funny - when we got on the plane the pilot asked us how much we weighed to make sure the weight was distributed evenly.  Can you imagine RoundHead asking Papa Crypt Keeper how much his bag of bones weighs?  And Papa could barely sit in a chair...how in hells name did he climb into the plane? 

And here I thought Mr. Johnson had some intelligence in that he could string a sentence together without adding "basically, nomewayimsayin, and whatnot".  Not sure he had all his marbles either come to think of that case again.  Then again, he does get a few points for not saying "it is what it is...."

29 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

he could string a sentence together without adding "basically, nomewayimsayin, and whatnot".

Or even a "He said, This, that and the other and da da da da da." Mr. Johnson is the perfect example of what I mean when I say educated certainly does not always equal intelligent.

• Love 1

JJ really needs to recuse herself from any case involving technology developed in the last 30 years. Regarding the identity theft lease daughter/father case, she really has no clue what an electronic signature is? She thinks you sign a paper, then scan and email it? That's not such a new technology. They are definitely not keeping here there because she's smart. And she's making legal decisions based on her ignorance. I'm kind of embarrassed for her. I remember being riled up the last time I saw this case and was just as annoyed the second time around. Of course, people looking for justice shouldn't go to Judge Judy. The daughter should go to the police and report her father for identity fraud if she really wants it to stop.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, dwarmed said:

The daughter should go to the police and report her father for identity fraud if she really wants it to stop.

Yes, that is positively Fraud.  What a sorry excuse for a father.

• Love 5