Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

So... I hope Patricia Bailey, decked out in her low-cut black chiffon and rockin' the new wig, made her plane for her gig in Vegas - maybe as backup singer for Barry Manilow or something like that - after the show.

In spite of her tawdry finery, I got the feeling Ms.Bailey's neurons weren't firing quite as they should. Plaintiff appeared to be either having a convulsion or a demonic possession as Patricia drawled out her tale of woe - apparently all lies -  over her dissatisfaction with her new wig and had get a smackdown to snap her out of it.

I started 2/3rds through the window-slamming, doorlock changing squattahs, and that was more than enough.

To plaintiff:

"Show me the bill for the door locks(on which your claim is based)."

Plaintiff(shuffling through a stack of papers): "Well, I have it. I just don't have it with me today. But I do have it."

Def, who had her finger slammed in the window by plaintiff as she was climbing through it and wants money(I don't know how much):

"Did you call the police?"

"No."

"Did you go to the hospital?"
"No."

"Did you see a doctor?"

"No."

"GTFO, both of you."

• Love 6
11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I started 2/3rds through the window-slamming, doorlock changing squattahs, and that was more than enough.

To plaintiff:

"Show me the bill for the door locks(on which your claim is based)."

Plaintiff(shuffling through a stack of papers): "Well, I have it. I just don't have it with me today. But I do have it."

Def, who had her finger slammed in the window by plaintiff as she was climbing through it and wants money(I don't know how much):

"Did you call the police?"

"No."

"Did you go to the hospital?"
"No."

"Did you see a doctor?"

"No."

"GTFO, both of you."

You made it further than l did, I couldn't listen to those two idiots attempt to string together a coherent sentence, especially the defendant, I hit FF and never looked back.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, GoodieGirl said:

I couldn't listen to those two idiots attempt to string together a coherent sentence, especially the defendant, I hit FF and never looked back.

You're smarter than I. Really, how many times and in how many ways must someone be asked, "What was the last month you paid rent?" before they can come up with a one-word coherent answer? Apparently, it takes four or five attempts, as we saw with the slow-thinking student.

9 hours ago, iwasish said:

Oh for JJ to one day just bust out with “Get the Fuck out of Here” I swear If my life ended five minutes later it would be worth it!!!!

Even bleeped! Heaven it would be. She did say "rat's ass" so maybe there's hope. I'm sure she says it in her head often enough.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

"GTFO, both of you."

9 hours ago, iwasish said:

Oh for JJ to one day just bust out with “Get the Fuck out of Here” 

Make that TWO rental U-Hauls for the emmys.

2 hours ago, GoodieGirl said:

You made it further than l did, I couldn't listen to those two idiots attempt to string together a coherent sentence, especially the defendant, I hit FF and never looked back.

Oh, I missed this case.  Damn.

Not.

GTFO:  Wonder how many times she HAS said it or something similar that they had to correct in post production?!  Probably not many, but I agree, probably thinks it often enough. Wish there was a camera set up on the far side of Byrd so we'd get to see the real "Seriously?" looks she gives him!

2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Make that TWO rental U-Hauls for the emmys.

Indeed!  (Or as we say down here, "Y'all Hauls.") 

• Love 5

So it seems I'm wrong - totally out of step with today's fashions, and that black chiffon IS an appropriate wardrobe choice for an afternoon court appearance. Oh, well.

In the Mysterious Case of the Missing Nissan Altima, Ashley Jiles - 23 and looking 40, decked out in HER black chiffon - buys a 13,000$ cool-looking car she can't afford. I guess it was pretty, but tranny conks out, Ashley takes it to defendant to fix and car vanishes. Ashley HAD insurance, you know, as required when making payments, but didn't pay it since she couldn't afford repairs and insurance and of course she lost her job. Anyone would understand that, except the lender! Well, no - she had insurance. No, she didn't. Well, she would have had it had car she can't afford not conked out. Wait - she had it. No, she didn't.  She presents her invoice from the financial institution. I'm terrible at simple arithmatic, but her invoice said:

Total owed: 350$ Principle: 30.14  Interest: 319.89. Okay, so what interest rate is that? Holy shit. I can only imagine the interest rate on her next car. Maybe 200%.

Ashley begins having near-convulsions, crying, wiggling, blubbering, drooling and hyperventilating (until JJ tells her knock off the histrionics) because JJ doesn't like her story, especially about the here-again, gone-again, non-existent insurance. The lender got sick of her shit and repossessed the car, IMO. Goodbye, Ashley. Better luck in your local small claims court. Ur tears mean nothing here.

OH, my! Ni-Ima Latimer, wearing blue, beaded stuff on her head, was so enamoured with the billowing, oddly-feminine looking, on-probation def, Mr. McCreadle (who barely fit through the court gate) she invited him to "stay" with her(not "live" with her!) and gave him a few thousand dollars a month after their initial, fateful meeting. Must have been some meeting. McCreadle is on probation for five years for driving on a suspended license. "Nevah happen!" JJ informs him. Oh, well - he's had his license suspended FOURTEEN TIMES. Who the hell keeps giving him his license back? Obviously he can't drive any better than would a five-year old and never learns a damned thing. Anyway, turns out Ni-Ima wasn't just a fool for McCreadle's irresistible and obvious charms. She also falls for email scams and used a fraudulent check sent to her in a well-known "advance fee" scam - well-known to anyone with connected brain cells. Ni-Ima is no kid, so shame on her twice. JJ gives her back the money she showered on BigBoy, who repaid her with a fraudulent check of his own, written on some meat company's account. IMO, she deserved nothing. Maybe that would have taught her lesson. Maybe not. 

I love this. It makes me feel so much better about my life - free of email scams, giant, rippling lover-boys who take my money and buying cars I can't afford. This show is the ultimate pick-me-up.

• Love 9

Total owed: 350$ Principle: 30.14  Interest: 319.89. Okay, so what interest rate is that? Holy shit. I can only imagine the interest rate on her next car. Maybe 200%

That's $12,999 (cuz you know she put $1 down), amortised over 100 years.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Quof said:

That's $12,999 (cuz you know she put $1 down), amortised over 100 years.

7 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

In the Mysterious Case of the Missing Nissan Altima, Ashley Jiles - 23 and looking 40, decked out in HER black chiffon - buys a 13,000$ cool-looking car she can't afford. I guess it was pretty, but tranny conks out, Ashley takes it to defendant to fix and car vanishes. Ashley HAD insurance, you know, as required when making payments, but didn't pay it since she couldn't afford repairs and insurance and of course she lost her job. Anyone would understand that, except the lender! Well, no - she had insurance. No, she didn't. Well, she would have had it had car she can't afford not conked out. Wait - she had it. No, she didn't.  She presents her invoice from the financial institution. I'm terrible at simple arithmatic, but her invoice said:

Total owed: 350$ Principle: 30.14  Interest: 319.89. Okay, so what interest rate is that? Holy shit. I can only imagine the interest rate on her next car. Maybe 200%.

Ashley begins having near-convulsions, crying, wiggling, blubbering, drooling and hyperventilating (until JJ tells her knock off the histrionics) because JJ doesn't like her story, especially about the here-again, gone-again, non-existent insurance. The lender got sick of her shit and repossessed the car, IMO. Goodbye, Ashley. Better luck in your local small claims court. Ur tears mean nothing here.

Way she was carrying on about how her evidence said what it clearly DID NOT say, I wonder if she is illerate. 

She also falls for email scams and used a fraudulent check sent to her in a well-known "advance fee" scam - well-known to anyone with connected brain cells. Ni-Ima is no kid, so shame on her twice. JJ gives her back the money she showered on BigBoy, who repaid her with a fraudulent check of his own, written on some meat company's account. IMO, she deserved nothing. Maybe that would have taught her lesson. Maybe not. 

Hey, that's the scam I ran into back when I was thinking about renting a room out. Put an ad online (yes, on CL) and found potential tenant who said she was going to attend our local university. I wrote about this at the time - so will just say I received check for WAY more than deposit/1st month rent by mail shortly after sending email with rental agreement and house rules. Whoa, WTH, why the check before we even have a signed agreement? Looked at the check and it's drawn on an account from some YMCA in Maryland. Instead of depositing/cashing check took it to my bank - they called and account didn't exist.... told to report it to FBI, I did, but never heard back except a message saying hold on to the check and all emails - still have them - never heard anything else - took down the ad and went back to delivering pizza for extra money instead of becoming a CL landlord case on court tv.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 8

Oh, well - he's had his license suspended FOURTEEN TIMES. Who the hell keeps giving him his license back? 

I think the point it that nobody gives him his license back ever...but he drives anyway (gets caught, lather, rinse, repeat).  We also see this same scenario all the time on Live PD.  :)  "License, registration, and proof of insurance".  "I don't got no license."

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

I wrote about this at the time - so will just say I received check for WAY more than deposit/1 month rent by mail shortly after sending email with rental agreement and house rules. Whoa, WTH, why the check before we even have a signed agreement? Looked out the check and it's drawn on an account from some YMCA in Maryland.

See, you actually checked. Litigants get an email that starts off, "Dear Beloved" and see nothing but dollar signs. They never ever think, "Why would a total stranger send me a check for more money than they said was due me and why is it drawn on some totally different account?" Don't look a gift horse in the  mouth! Not really. Like most scam victims, they are blinded by greed, stupidity and  - oooh! - "3.5 Million United State Dollar Only".

I got an email from James Comey, of your FBI, saying he would contact the mayor of "your city" to tell him to close my bank account and seize all my property unless I sent him money by Western Union. Gee, I don't think my mayor has that power, but oh - I was so scared. The FBI was closing in on me. Oh, James - I expected better of you. I at least expected you to use proper grammar.

27 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Way she was carrying on about how her evidence said what it clearly DID NOT say, I wonder if she is illerate. 

But, but... she's a STUDENT. We've never seen illiterate students on this show, have we? Oh, wait... She saw what she wanted to see, that the lender agreed she didn't have to pay, or keep insurance on the car on which she owed a bundle. I only wish the lenders to which I owe on my car were so benevolent.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, VartanFan said:

I think the point it that nobody gives him his license back ever...but he drives anyway (gets caught, lather, rinse, repeat).  We also see this same scenario all the time on Live PD.  :)  "License, registration, and proof of insurance".  "I don't got no license."

Did anyone see the guy on LIVE PD who was pulled over and the cop calls in and his license is suspended till 2053 due to repeatedly being caught driving on an suspended license .

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

OH, my! Ni-Ima Latimer, wearing blue, beaded stuff on her head, was so enamoured with the billowing, oddly-feminine looking, on-probation def, Mr. McCreadle (who barely fit through the court gate) she invited him to "stay" with her(not "live" with her!) and gave him a few thousand dollars a month after their initial, fateful meeting. Must have been some meeting. McCreadle is on probation for five years for driving on a suspended license. "Nevah happen!" JJ informs him. Oh, well - he's had his license suspended FOURTEEN TIMES. Who the hell keeps giving him his license back? Obviously he can't drive any better than would a five-year old and never learns a damned thing. Anyway, turns out Ni-Ima wasn't just a fool for McCreadle's irresistible and obvious charms.

Did anyone else get a vaguely “possibly a woman” vibe off Mr McCreadle?

........Just me?  I might be watching too much reality/court TV. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Did anyone else get a vaguely “possibly a woman” vibe off Mr McCreadle?

........Just me?  I might be watching too much reality/court TV. 

Nope, I had that idea as well. :)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

I've noticed that there are many people walking among us that cannot read a date when it's written in numeral form. They're not familiar with the number that matches the month. Her documents read "4/1/17." I wonder if she thought the "4" was May because she kept saying her payment was due in May.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I've noticed that there are many people walking among us that cannot read a date when it's written in numeral form. They're not familiar with the number that matches the month. Her documents read "4/1/17." I wonder if she thought the "4" was May because she kept saying her payment was due in May.

My favorite customer “service” story ever:  I had to give my birth date as part of identity verification. I said, “May 23, 1967.” Brief silence, then “What number is May?” UNBELIEVABLE 

• Love 11

I never understand the people on JJ who are asked questions like "What date did X occur?" and answer "1/1/17."  Who speaks that way??????   Normal people say "January first."  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, iwasish said:

his license is suspended till 2053 due to repeatedly being caught driving on an suspended license .

".... and he never drove again. THE END."

Yes, we've seen how well suspended licenses work to keep these empty-headed hazards off the roads. It works just as well as it did the first thirteen times, in the case of our charming def.

Reminds me of how courts come down hard on lawbreakers - they're handing out longer suspended sentences. That will send a terrifying message throughout the criminal world.

• Love 7

Oh for JJ to one day just bust out with “Get the Fuck out of Here” I swear If my life ended five minutes later it would be worth it!!!!

And if she said "Get the Fuck Out of Here, Janky Ass" I would spontaneously combust and float up to Heaven like Precious Pup used to do when he got his treat. 

• Love 6
On 6/24/2018 at 12:39 AM, shksabelle said:

My favorite customer “service” story ever:  I had to give my birth date as part of identity verification. I said, “May 23, XXXX.” Brief silence, then “What number is May?” UNBELIEVABLE 

My street name has two words - for example, Cherry Blossom. I apparently had your same customer service rep, because when giving my address, I would say, "Cherry, new word, Blossom."   Silly me.  I was asked if "new word" was one word or two.  Sigh.  Now I just say "Cherry Blossom" and hope they figure it out.

Missed most of last week, so am hoping to get back in the swing this week. (If all the other people in my house would kindly please LEAVE every now and then...) I miss seeing these amazing fashions!

• Love 9
On 6/24/2018 at 1:39 AM, shksabelle said:

I had to give my birth date as part of identity verification.

At my pharmacy they ask for your date of birth to pick up your prescription.  A few years ago I was picking up my (now deceased) kitty's insulin, normally when it's a pet prescription they have it noted on the packet, for some reason this time it was not noted, so he asked for the date of birth, I stuttered out "Um, July 1999 I think?" the clerk glares at me and says "How can you not know your child's birth date???" I started laughing and said "No, Brosius is my cat!", we both laughed for the rest of the transaction.

On 6/24/2018 at 9:58 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Yes, we've seen how well suspended licenses work to keep these empty-headed hazards off the roads. It works just as well as it did the first thirteen times, in the case of our charming def.

Reminds me of how courts come down hard on lawbreakers - they're handing out longer suspended sentences. That will send a terrifying message throughout the criminal world.

My idiot brother has 3 DUI's under his belt, with his second one his license was suspended and after his conviction he had to reapply for it. Well my brother is of the mindset that the rules don't apply to him, it was "too much of a hassle" to reapply so he never did. Lo & behold, he's drunk driving AGAIN, gets pulled over, oopsy, no license! They hauled him off to jail and he has spent the last 8 years having various friends as well as myself and my elderly parents driving him around. He just recently was eligible to reapply, for a conditional license, which includes having to have interlock device on his car. People like him and JJ's litigants just don't get having to abide by the law, and are surprised when they get caught and punished.

• Love 12

I stuttered out "Um, July 1999 I think?" the clerk glares at me and says "How can you not know your child's birth date???"

That's hilarious!

They hauled him off to jail and he has spent the last 8 years having various friends as well as myself and my elderly parents driving him around.

Yes, because that's so much less of a "hassle"  than applying for a license. This is the mindset of most litigants, it seems.

5 hours ago, SandyToes said:

, I would say, "Cherry, new word, Blossom."   Silly me.  I was asked if "new word" was one word or two.

Reminds me - be very careful what you say when ordering a cake!

cake986d21c10.jpg

• Love 7
(edited)

I am home today and caught a JJ morning episode.  I am so angry I can spit nails.

The Boston station showed the episode of a man suing his former on-again, off-again girlfriend.  She apparently damaged the canopy of his (rather large) fish tank. 

The litigants entered and on the plaintiff's side were two witnesses, on the defendant's side one witness. 

As soon as JJ entered she asked if either parties have ever been to California.  No, the answer for both.  She then asked if they had a good dinner last night and enjoyed their hotel room.  They both answered "yes'.  For those of us who have watched numerous episodes we knew exactly where she was going but JJ seemed to enjoy tearing the wings off the butterfly. 

She starts with the basics - a tank cover....the plaintiff clearly stated it was a custom canopy.  She kept referring to it as a cover.  Then the fun starts.

JJ begins her lecture with a question - Did he (the plaintiff) know that her father was a dentist?  The defendant answered "no".  Well, he was, and he didn't have a big, fancy office with other dentists it was just him....and he paid for her law school.....and the rest of her lecture most of us know but she ended with it's not worth her time...her time is too valuable and her sainted father pulled a lot of teeth to put her through law school so she wouldn't have to take schmaltzy cases like fish tank covers.

Okay, here comes the spittin' of the nails.

My mom put me through college.  My father died young so my mom had the responsibility of raising me and my sister alone.  My mom, in addition to working her 9 - 5 job would clean office floors and empty trash cans from 7 - 1am so that she could pay the lions share of my college.  I worked to hold up my end but that did not cover the majority of expense.  I (and she) knew when finished I would not be making a million a year.  I do not make half that nor am I even close. 

I have clients who I would like to slap and say "snap out of it".  Grown men sob in my office and sometimes I think "She's a tramp and you're better of without her" but I must do my job and help the client.  I know they're hurting and I have to help them get through rough spots.  There are a lot of people out there who have rough spots.  Never, does it enter my mind to say "my mother did not scrub office floors so I can listen to your crap about some tramp you were married to...."  Never.  Listening is a major part of my job.  Just like it's hers to sort through cases that maybe she thinks is a waste of time - but hell, wasn't it her producers who sought out these litigants? 

And geez o' pete, she makes a hellava lot more than I do. 

There was an article (perhaps someone here posted it) about the major upset on the JJ set when she lost her beloved fathers' reading glasses.  The set literally closed down until they were found.  She herself (if I recall correctly) said they were dime store glasses but the glasses had so much meaning to her.  An intern found them and JJ was beyond grateful for the find.  I find it interesting, telling and quite revealing that she made a set actually stop production while her staff look for the $3 glasses. 

For those searching for the reading glasses...did their parent's think when they were working to send their child to college or film school a part of their job would  be to look for plastic glasses from RiteAid?

Maybe it's time someone (respectfully) pointed this discrepancy out to her - and suggest that if she feels the cases are beneath her knowledge and her father's hard-earned money, perhaps she should call it a day and move to Naples FL permanently and live the good life. 

She certainly has enough money to do so.

Edited by PsychoKlown
grammar
32 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

but hell, wasn't her producers who sought out these litigants? 

We really need a "hell to the yes!" button here. The "like" button isn't enough! 

Exactly. If she hates cases like this (and we do, too!) then she needs to tell production to stop bringing them in.  (Or get smarter producers.)  I guess it's because they are trying to find something other than cell phone and dog bite cases?  But seriously. There's gotta be something else out there!

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

find something other than cell phone and dog bite cases?

...and dumb, Dogpatch yokels who breed like bunnies, ex-lovebirds who vandalize each other's cars, disgusting bitches battling over incarcerated losers, stupid snowflake babies who owe each other rent, assassination of the language, Bridzillas (and their dragon mommies) whose lives are ruined because the roses weren't the right shade of pink, etc, etc. Producers? We're not looking for Springer here and we do NOT want to hear about animal abuse, so stop that.

• Love 3
On 6/22/2018 at 6:32 AM, AngelaHunter said:
On 6/21/2018 at 9:19 PM, iwasish said:

Even bleeped! Heaven it would be. She did say "rat's ass" so maybe there's hope. I'm sure she says it in her head often enough.

Occasionally she gets away with Yiddish that the censors don't know what to do with. I know she made my entire day by pointing out someone was schtupping someone else, once. :D

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

...and dumb, Dogpatch yokels who breed like bunnies, ex-lovebirds who vandalize each other's cars, disgusting bitches battling over incarcerated losers, stupid snowflake babies who owe each other rent, assassination of the language, Bridzillas (and their dragon mommies) whose lives are ruined because the roses weren't the right shade of pink, etc, etc.

I think that the majority of people who do not fit into these categories are probably too intelligent and not desperate enough to appear on these court shows. A few do slip through once in a while though.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Florinaldo said:

I think that the majority of people who do not fit into these categories are probably too intelligent and not desperate enough to appear on these court shows. A few do slip through once in a while though.

There have been a few who initially came across as rational and reasonable but then... after a commercial  or two...they go off the rails. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Florinaldo said:

I think that the majority of people who do not fit into these categories are probably too intelligent and not desperate enough to appear on these court shows.

Yes, but there are many people who think they are intelligent - business people who don't know what a contract is, lawyers who appear with zero evidence - and other professionals who agree to appear here, thinking they're so smart they'll talk their way out of anything. Those are the cases I like best. I like shady mechanics, skeevy insurance frauds and even landlords who take the rent money and blow it on booze or Vegas. Much more entertaining and interesting than, "We all got drunk and someone hit me in my EYE!" or "I'm 35, don't work, moved back with Mommy and Daddy but I had 5K worth of property I left at the house where I was couch-surfing" and all that stupid crap.

• Love 3

I'm not sure which of the two sisters on today's show was the bigger idiot. The plaintiff who took out a loan for an expensive car for her "can't get a loan due to bad credit" loser sister, or the "cgaldtbc" loser sister for thinking SHE was owed money for car payments she made (or her girlfriend made) while she was driving it.  Not sure how she'll be responsible for half the loss when JJ awarded the plaintiff half the value owed on the loan.  Won't she still have to cough up the other $4400, while sister pays nothing? Grrrr....

Just realized this makes no sense. If you didn't see the ep, I can't even begin to explain it here. Not sure this will make sense even if you DID see the episode.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

loser sister for thinking SHE was owed money for car payments she made (or her girlfriend made) while she was driving it.

I remember that, and recall thinking that loser sister, a great, big, husky, strapping, grown girl, should be able to buy her own shit. Of course, she gave the battle cry of the millennial - "I'm not responsible!!"

3 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

"cgaldtbc"

Okay, so, like, what does that mean, basically?

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3

I loved the rerun of the entitled contractor guy driving into the mobile home park the wrong way.  Park Manager told him I'm the Manager, just back up and go around the right way.  This insolent boy-child was so offended that this old man could tell him NOT to do what he was doing and had the authority to do so!  Just warms the cockles of my heart!

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I remember that, and recall thinking that loser sister, a great, big, husky, strapping, grown girl, should be able to buy her own shit. Of course, she gave the battle cry of the millennial - "I'm not responsible!!"

Okay, so, like, what does that mean, basically?

“Can’t get a loan due to bad credit”

took me a minute or so to figure it out!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

This insolent boy-child was so offended that this old man could tell him NOT to do what he was doing and had the authority to do so!

Yes! Re-enjoyed. Insolent puffed-up boy said he was driving a "soccer-mom" car" with a little smirk, as though to say, "I only drive my tough-guy muscle car that makes me feel soooo macho, on special occasions."

2 hours ago, iwasish said:

“Can’t get a loan due to bad credit”

Thank you!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I loved the rerun of the entitled contractor guy driving into the mobile home park the wrong way.  Park Manager told him I'm the Manager, just back up and go around the right way.  This insolent boy-child was so offended that this old man could tell him NOT to do what he was doing and had the authority to do so!  Just warms the cockles of my heart!

Me too!! It was even better the 2nd time! What a jerk that contractor was. 

I'm catching up on my JJ episodes, this one was a rerun but I did not see it the first time: The Colonel Saunders looking man, suing a woman whose father owned a share of a hunting cabin/vacation cabin. The father dies, sounds like the woman's husband may have paid the taxes without her knowledge for a couple years, but then they stopped, now the Colonel wants back taxes AND upkeep/maintenance fees to fix up the place. The woman hasn't visited since she was a girl (she looks 60+) and told him she has no interest in it, he can have it, but no, he sues her for the money saying she is an owner and needs to pay. Well looky here, the deed actually only has one name on it, and it wasn't the woman's father so guess what, you get NOTHING! He was still ranting in the hallway that she owed the money. 

This hit home for me because my best friend has narrowly avoided the same situation, her dad and 4 buddies owned equal shares in a hunting cabin. One of the men died, a couple others weren't interested in keeping it up or using it but my friend's son is an avid hunter and had spent many weekends up there with his grandfather. My friend looked into what the legalities of the place were and found out it was all done on a handshake 40 years ago. No one could even locate the deed, after several months and lawyer's fees, they finally got a deed and had all the appropriate people sign off without issue, leaving the cabin (a trailer really) and the parcel of land to her dad. It was a headache but I'm pretty sure it would have been worse if she hadn't crossed her t's and dotted her i's!

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

She actually said she has never been there and doesn't even know where it is.

She hadn't even seen a picture of it!

I felt like a JJ litigant today! Went shopping and at the cash was asked it I had a points card. "Yes, I do," I replied, "but I haven't got it with me today."

I was so hoping the  cashier would say, "If you don't have it, it doesn't exist!" Then we could have had some back and forth: "It DOES exist!" "No, it doesn't." "Yes, it does."

I was disappointed.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I felt like a JJ litigant today! Went shopping and at the cash was asked it I had a points card. "Yes, I do," I replied, "but I haven't got it with me today."

Well, if you don't have your points card, you can put your points on MY card, as long as I can put your kids on my tax return next year, cos I'm still having to pay off that cell phone I got you three years ago that you gave to your baby daddy that he charged all up and then left on the dresser when he moved out, along with your 660 inch big screen TV and your Ipaddes, and your laptoppes, and your expensive gold chain that you got at the swap meet with your name in giant authentic-real zirconions while I was getting my booby tattoo that said "weep now, declare bankruptcy later" 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Well, if you don't have your points card, you can put your points on MY card, as long as I can put your kids on my tax return next year, cos I'm still having to pay off that cell phone I got you three years ago that you gave to your baby daddy that he charged all up and then left on the dresser when he moved out, along with your 660 inch big screen TV and your Ipaddes, and your laptoppes, and your expensive gold chain that you got at the swap meet with your name in giant authentic-real zirconions while I was getting my booby tattoo that said "weep now, declare bankruptcy later" 

Seems fair. We can deal with a handshake, since I'm sure you won't give me a receipt.

• Love 6

Hey, what about Talia, who appeared to be enciente, and her fiance (who I could not help but notice had not given her a ring as a sign of their betrothal) hires the def., the cadaverous Nicholas, who looks as though he sleeps hanging upside down, as does his charming, smirking ladylove, to put a new transmission in the 21-year old car Talia bought for 2100$ (100 per year? Makes sense) and a new transmission case, all for 800$. Seems Nicholas the mechanic is not exactly highly reputable. He gets thrown in the slammer for not paying child support - more than one woman wanted him!! - and the car is nowhere to be found. He put it on the street and it got towed or something and Nicholas tries to makes dumb excuses and the old "Nothing I do is ever my fault!" bullshit. Go hang back in your cave, Nick and take your creepy, overly-made up squeeze with you, but first pay the plaintiffs 2500$. Gee, in the hall Nick says "It's fair" so he only admits he owed the money when he came on this show, knowing it wouldn't come out of his empty, jailbird pockets.

• Love 4

Hey, what about Talia, who appeared to be enciente

Mad props, AngelaHunter, for the use of the charming and underused enciente

That shade tree mechanic looked...Satanish. 

Had the trans and transfer case been replaced, I imagine there was going to be more "it doesn't fit" news to come. 

• Love 4
On 6/26/2018 at 12:10 PM, AngelaHunter said:

She hadn't even seen a picture of it!

I was so hoping the  cashier would say, "If you don't have it, it doesn't exist!" Then we could have had some back and forth: "It DOES exist!" "No, it doesn't." "Yes, it does."

I was disappointed.

Or, she could have asked “Where did you think you were coming today, the beach?” ????

• Love 8
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:26 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Seems fair. We can deal with a handshake, since I'm sure you won't give me a receipt.

It was a verbital agreement ya Judgeship!

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

It was a verbital agreement ya Judgeship!

she said don't worry 'bout it, ya honor, so it was... like.... basically.... a gift...... 'sides, I didn't sign nuthin when she borrowed me money and gived me that stuff

• Love 7

I don't always remember what eps I've seen, so pardon any repetition. I had a stroke that messed up my memory (after months of therapy I went back to work at my J-O-B, fool that I am) Anyway, the obsequious Constance gave me indigestion. She's been totally disabled for 24 years, since she was in her early 30's because her back hurts. (BTW, my back hurts too. A lot) She also gets a house and pays 111$/month - well, she did pay that while the taxpayers are forced to foot the rest of it. She doesn't pay it now because she got evicted for non-payment of the measly portion of rent she's supposed to pay. She can have parties, buy cigarettes and liquor, make car payments (car is in someone else's name of course. The reason is that she doesn't drive. haha!) and car insurance - she says - but she has not been able to get any kind of job since 1994. Her back hurts, you know and it's most restful for her to sit in her crib and get drunk with whatever crowd hangs out there.  By my calculations, and even using the calculator I'm often wrong, the working population has forked over about 144,000$ (and that's only using 500$/month) to this fucking parasite all those years, and that's not counting the rent she doesn't pay. Here she is suing for the car her newphew vandalized, when the car is not legally hers. She gets ah-nothing. "GTFO, scammer!" JJ thinks again.

Byrd's pay deductions must be astronmically high by now with the legions of bloodsuckers he's supporting.

• Love 8

Sorry to post twice in a row but just watched another one I'd never seen and wish I still hadn't. Ah, social media - such a wonderful tool to keep in touch with loved ones in faraway places, or - the perfect platform to fight and display pictures of your privates for those with a burning hunger to see them, right?

Latisha - 38 years old/4 kids/doesn't work because her doctor said she shouldn't due to the stress of her baby dying and Vernisha stealing the ashes(WTF!!??) but she's fine to be a "student" (student loans - yay! and one of her kids gets SSI) is suing Vernisha. They are battling over "Famous" who is unfortunately incarcerated (and not for the first time), but even when he wasn't incarcerated, getting a job just wasn't his calling, although he has three kids with Vernisha(who appeared here displaying her bra straps and massive, tatted arms) BUT Latisha got a car with her student loans, so Famous could use it to "do errands" which I'm sure supported umpteen kids and two households.  Vernisha does work, giving care to the elderly. She's a lovely, sympathetic person - well, I thought so til we saw her "social media" posts:

"Thought we wuz do in sumthin by rocking my BDz(?) page n strt send n ppl piks of me at least da piks u sent wuz nice n pink (Gag! Puke!) my ______ wuz look real nice baby girl but is doe kuz BD handle dat..." I assume "Famous" wanted the "piks" of Vernisha's pink parts.

JJ was horrified, as was I, that someone so vicious, foul-mouthed and illiterate was given control of defenseless elderly "ppl".

Jesus. Latisha, on why she takes Famous, the low-level, unemployed criminal back - when he's not incarcerated of course: "I love him." Like, who wouldn't?

Producers? Could you please find cases a little more sordid? I feel this did not dive deeply enough into the  sewer. And they are raising children.

• Love 7

Can't believe I missed this.  Thank Dog!!!  Angela's recap just about made me tear my computer apart. Ick and double ick. As for finding cases more sordid? I can't even begin to imagine (nor do I want to) how things could sink lower than this. Holy smokes.  But I'll bite anyway: what was she suing FOR, and who won?

I'm so sorry you had to sit through this case, @AngelaHunter

• Love 3