Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Mr Duplessis must have a peen the size of a sewing needle. 

I figured that by the way he said it was a good thing he was driving his big, giant, MACHO Silverado! I bet he only decided to kick the car when he saw who was driving it.

Now here's where I wonder why JJ's lawyers are all over anyone who posts an episode to the internets.

Isn't it CBS who orders them taken down?

• Love 1

I had to shake my head in sadness at the gf in the room rental case.  She just couldn't get it in her head that the lady wouldn't take the November rent check because she WANTED THEM TO LEAVE! Taking the money would only bolster their claim to stay.  Idiots.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, BengalKitty said:

I had to shake my head in sadness at the gf in the room rental case.  She just couldn't get it in her head that the lady wouldn't take the November rent check because she WANTED THEM TO LEAVE! Taking the money would only bolster their claim to stay.  Idiots.

Oh, I just made it through that one. More special snowflakes who think "because I want it" covers everything. Now I know we go around and around about JJ's "ah-move!" edicts, but these yahoos hadn't paid rent in several months. Stash it in the bank and voila - new apartment money!  Wow! Imagine that.  Or move in with Ma and Pa. They obviously love you enough to come all the way to JudgeJudyLand to be star witnesses!

I did love that amazing lease.  What a gem.  I'm betting they have housing authority on speed dial.

• Love 3

Jeezopeter, JJ really didn't like that roommate couple.  I had no sympathy for them either, but how did plaintiff deserve $5K?  Did she say she was put in jail behind that cockamamie protective order?  I heard something about jail in the hallterview. 

• Love 1

Personally I think the name Mr. Duplessis is made up. 

And for those of you who watch The Honeymooners - I think the plaintiff in the "Duplessis" case resembled George (whose friend was named Harvey).  Which is why I believe Mr. Duplessis (yeah, right) went after him.

One of these days Mr. Duplessis is going to run into someone who looks like a George, try to get tough with him - then find out he's really a Harvey who will clean his clock.

And if any of you can follow my post - God bless! because I sure can't.

I couldn't stay awake during the trainer kerfuffle, but opened my eyes with the rental squattahs. Patrick is the perfect example of this unfortunate and fairly recent phenomenon - the True Beta Male. His girlfriend, the 24 year old student with the black rings around her eyes, was amazingly annoying with what must be a California trend to whine the last word of each sentence. The ghastly Jabba the Mom sitting there and stage-whispering instructions to her baby and his squeeze: JJ just couldn't stand seeing her groping her hubby any longer and ordered to get her hand off his _____ (I didn't catch the last word.)

Did she say she was put in jail behind that cockamamie protective order? 

I thought she said she got arrested? JJ doesn't look kindly on people manipulating the legal system to get out of paying rent, to get an advantage in a custody battle, etc. I'm glad she gave plaintiff 5K. That ensures those two useless sponges get nothing.

Dog case reminded me of an old joke I'm sure everyone has heard but that won't stop me repeating it.

"Guy is at street corner waiting to cross.  A man and a dog stand next to him. First guy says, "Does your dog bite?" Other guy says, "No, he doesn't." First guy goes to pet the dog. Dog grabs his hand and bites him. "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite," says first guy, holding his bitten hand. "He doesn't," says second guy. "But that's not my dog."

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 9

The rent case must be some kind of record for fewest words spoken by litigant who wins 5 grand. IIRC, JJ asked plaintiff the first question, "Were these two your tenants?" Plaintiff answered yes. When JJ asked "was there a lease?" Mouthy gf interrupts. From that point on defendants continually interrupted and tried to talk over everybody - heck even two-ton momma with the chest tats was running her mouth. Never heard anything about the false arrest claim.

Didn't pay attention to the dog case, though it was on while I was in the kitchen. Sounded like a good Samaritan got bit trying to make sure a dog got home safely, then the owner refused to pay medical bills because he sent letters asking for payment without providing bills. Ok, I might ask for a copy of the bill, but then owner came up with ridiculous "not my dog, my dog was in the garage the last time I saw it and it's still there." This was after the owner told JJ about what time the dog got out. 

Edited by SRTouch
Stray apostrophe
  • Love 2

I think the plaintiff in the "Duplessis" case resembled George (whose friend was named Harvey).

Good call, I picked up on it immediately, I am a Honeymooners fan and have every episode recorded.

Mouthy gf interrupts

She really grated on my nerves. She and boyfriend are so entitled, and know how to work the system, while the rest of us pay our rent or mortgages in compliance with our contract.

• Love 6

As someone who was a tenant in California I can say it was no barrel of laughs either.  The day I met the landlord (she had a realtor do the renting) I knew my $3000 deposit was gone.  She lived next door for a time but then moved and wouldn't tell us where she lived.  I had deposit slips to pay my rent.  She did fix plumbing but that's it.  Judge Judy would have loved her too, she lived on disability? Social security? I moved back across the country and she wasvt worth perusing assuming we could have found her.

What was the outcome of the Boxing gym case?  I turned it off.

11 minutes ago, califred said:

What was the outcome of the Boxing gym case?  I turned it off.

Strange case. At the same time plaintiff is saying defendant was driving away clients he's complaining the guy is stealing clients. Huh? Something about that doesn't make sense. Plaintiff agrees he owes a hundred bucks and change in wages, but defendant claims number should be $600. No evidence, admits his previous check was less, I think $400 but not sure, and he worked fewer hours because he took a couple weeks off.  Anyway, JJ went with the $100 plaintiff agreed to owing. Nobody got any harrassment or libel, and JJ threw out the non compete clause because plaintiff said he couldn't work within a hundred miles. I think part of that was because defendant was now working full instead of part time, and training kids pro bono.

• Love 1

Who let the dogs out? I thought I saw JJ smirk a little. Wish they had shown Byrd's face.

I hate it when people think if they just deny it enough, they will get away with anything. I'm seeing it more and more -- not just kids but also professional, affluent middle-aged adults who presumably are educated and should know better.

Marshmallow is a cute name for a little white dog, though. I wish the defendant had brought him/her along.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Intocats said:

Who let the dogs out? I thought I saw JJ smirk a little. Wish they had shown Byrd's face.

It sucked that JJ was too old for that reference; the song started playing in my head immediately. I wanted someone to make a joke sooo bad! Maybe if it was Judge Mathis...

• Love 3

Most interesting hair today on the early (missing bracelet) rerun! Miss Latoya's magenta, yellow and white, long and super short all at once. As one with mousy, dishwater blond hair, these creative coiffures really make my day.  Hers is particularly stunning coupled with the neon-turquoise chest tattoo. So glad I have a color tv!

Still giggling about "Purple Woo."  Sounds like a Prince album of dating songs.

• Love 7

The repeat of the case of lowlifes who put rotten seafood around a house from which they are being evicted was interesting to me only for the fact that Mr. Dorr (whose wife was terminally ill but seems fine here) is another shining example of the Ball-less Beta Male.

Also, I merely scanned the rerun with Latoya, who had the most fantastical wig, reminiscent of a Florida sunset I saw some years ago, and sported very tasteful chest and arm tats and had a grill like a picket fence. She lost plaintiff's Egyptian bracelet worth 79$ or something like that. Whatevah.

The new case was marginally more interesting. Shellbie, who is a heavily-bleached blond 17 year old and a carbon copy of Mom, right down to the jowls, had some cockamamie story about b/f's grandma who is an expert in diabeeetes and lives in TN or Missouri and his mom and blah blah blah and Momma's car got wrecked but it's not the fault of sweet darling daughter. Whatevah. Maybe it wasn't more interesting after all.

• Love 3

So this chick "borrowed" her mother's car to go see her boyfriend and his mother in Missouri, only she told her mom that she was going to Tennessee to see her boyfriend's grandmother. They wrecked the car while pulling out of the driveway at Boyfriend's Mom's house because she got a call from a random phone number from some boys who wanted to get with her. Her words, not mine. He was drinking. I think. The girl's mom is the one who brought the suit because it was her car, but I don't think JJ is going to give her anything because Mom is a lying ass. She said on the complaint that the boyfriend kidnapped her daughter and went to another state, but the story the daughter tells is that they were getting together to say goodbye, only they wrecked the car just as they were leaving his mom's house because they were fighting about the random phone call.  I'm mostly amused because the boyfriend is, like, eight feet tall while Daughter and Mom look like Munchkins, but the case itself is very convoluted.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

The girl's mom is the one who brought the suit because it was her car, but I don't think JJ is going to give her anything because Mom is a lying ass.

Didn't she award them $4000?  I kind of missed the end, but that's what I thought I heard.  Since daughter was "partly" responsible, she only got the 4000.  Cockamamie story, indeed.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Didn't she award them $4000?  I kind of missed the end, but that's what I thought I heard.  Since daughter was "partly" responsible, she only got the 4000.  Cockamamie story, indeed.

I missed the end too, because Hillary chose tonight to make some kind of announcement, so I didn't see if they got any money.

• Love 1

she got a call from a random phone number from some boys who wanted to get with her.

I forgot that part. Yeah, all these boys tracked her down to "get with her" because she's so hot. Or maybe she puts out to anything with a pulse. These days, I really don't know.

• Love 2

I'm not sure if I'm glad or sorry that I watched the other cases. I was a little confused in the case of Stacy, rather manly but sainted single mother and homemaker (and scam artist) whose bobby pin prompted me to say out loud, "Oh, FFS - just grow it out." Poor Stacy tried with all her might to squeeze out some crocodile tears, failed and gave it up until she hit the hall with the eternal cry of "I didn't do anything wrong! OH woe is me, poor little single mama!"

Over 300K for dog bites? I swear, I'm going around my neighbourhood and beg my neighbours to let their dogs bite me. Plaintiff was yet another Beta Male, who huddled in his bed while his wife went down to see who was pounding loud and long at their door at 2:00a.m. My hero!

I've been saying for many years that political correctness is destroying civilization, but it was news to me that in order to be PC, you must bend down and pet a dog that you know bites. The dumbness and wide-eyed stupidity we see here is actually tragic.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Petting a dog is considered politically correct

I need to get out of the house more.

I have NO idea what she thought she was saying. First off, the woman is alone with the dog in its garage, a situation where many dogs would go into guard mode. And not just any dog, but a dog with a history of biting. So, what's the woman do? Why bend over and put her face where Fido can bite her. I'm not surprised the woman was bitten. The really sad thing is the it was probably the dog who ended up paying for the people's stupidity (both dog owner and neighbor were STUPID - and probably drunk). Actually, the defendant would have been better off claiming to be drunk instead of insisting she just had 1 drink.

Edited by SRTouch
Can't spell
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Also, I merely scanned the rerun with Latoya, who had the most fantastical wig, reminiscent of a Florida sunset I saw some years ago, and sported very tasteful chest and arm tats and had a grill like a picket fence. She lost plaintiff's Egyptian bracelet worth 79$ or something like that. Whatevah.

Lotoya's Technicolor Sunset (TM) wig  and her magnificent chest tat -- depicting two bluebirds in flight, their beaks holding an elegant banner inscribed with "Aquarius"....the sight held me spellbound, and I couldn't keep my mind on the facts of the case.

• Love 3

I froze my screen until I could figure out what Stacy's chest tat (complete with lipstick kiss) said--I'm 90% sure it was "Trust Nobody."  Ironic.

Staying in the chest department, I also noticed that the dog-bite victim's chest was bright red.  Doesn't JJ normally comment on that as the mark of a liar?  Or in this case an idiot.  She's slipping.  Maybe I don't have to wear that turtleneck when my case comes up after all.

• Love 4

Two items I would never take before JJ, a classic pickup or a firearm. Plaintiff in case was eager to tell us about his toys, and all JJ heard was 40 year old truck and a rifle. The quality of the body work on a 60's pickup could make the restored truck worth 10's of thousands for quality work - or a thousand for crappy job. Same with the rifle. Defendant tried to claim the rifle is a .22 (which could be anywhere between $100 to 200 new), and plaintiff jumps in that it was a .30-30 (couple hundred to over a grand).

Don't know why plaintiff brought a bad barter deal to small claims court for in the first place.

• Love 3

I don't understand why JJ is so insistent on people using their own full coverage insurance to pay for someone else damaging their car. Doesn't she know that making a claim against your insurance raises your premiums? If someone else damaged my car through negligence or intentional vandalism (today's case), I would expect them to pay for 100% of it. I wouldn't want to pay for part of it through raised insurance premiums. I'm less surprised when the scenario is a friend borrowing the car with owner's permission, but when someone is committing vandalism, why should anyone else pay? So bizarre.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The new case was marginally more interesting. Shellbie, who is a heavily-bleached blond 17 year old and a carbon copy of Mom, right down to the jowls, had some cockamamie story about b/f's grandma who is an expert in diabeeetes and lives in TN or Missouri and his mom and blah blah blah and Momma's car got wrecked but it's not the fault of sweet darling daughter. Whatevah. Maybe it wasn't more interesting after all.

Do we know why insurance wasn't involved in this case? Why wasn't it totaled through insurance? JJ is always keen on asking any car accident case litigants if they had insurance coverage (mind you, nine times out of 10 they all claim they "forgot to pay that month," but she still asks!) but I don't recall her asking in this case. 

As for the boys who wanted to "get with her," turns out that was a big old lie. The boyfriend said he had gotten a text from an ex-girlfriend and that's what turned Shelbie into a rage monster. I still couldn't figure out why they decided to get in the car -- to go buy make up cigarettes?  

Oh, and there will always only be ONE Shelby with diabeetus to me!

098fiadfu87.jpg

Drink the juice, Shelby!!

Oh, and the rerun of the Technicolor Hair rerun, anyone else have any idea why there were birds flanking the word, "Aquarius?" Wasn't Aquarius the water carrier? And finally, I really appreciated how they fought all old school. No angry texts. No Facebook war. Just face-to-face confrontation and letter writing! So, points for that...I guess?

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

So this chick "borrowed" her mother's car to go see her boyfriend and his mother in Missouri, only she told her mom that she was going to Tennessee to see her boyfriend's grandmother. They wrecked the car while pulling out of the driveway at Boyfriend's Mom's house because she got a call from a random phone number from some boys who wanted to get with her. Her words, not mine. He was drinking. I think. The girl's mom is the one who brought the suit because it was her car, but I don't think JJ is going to give her anything because Mom is a lying ass. She said on the complaint that the boyfriend kidnapped her daughter and went to another state, but the story the daughter tells is that they were getting together to say goodbye, only they wrecked the car just as they were leaving his mom's house because they were fighting about the random phone call.  I'm mostly amused because the boyfriend is, like, eight feet tall while Daughter and Mom look like Munchkins, but the case itself is very convoluted.

Those two slack-jawed yokels were made for each other.  I sometimes look at couples (particularly the ones on JJ) and wonder what the hell they talk about.  Most of their time is likely spent staring at their iPhones with their dead eyes, drinking, eating nachos and sexing.  If this is the future of our country we are in serious trouble.  Of course, my mom said that when she saw a picture of the Beatles with their long hair and crazy music, so what do I know?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Over 300K for dog bites? I swear, I'm going around my neighbourhood and beg my neighbours to let their dogs bite me. Plaintiff was yet another Beta Male, who huddled in his bed while his wife went down to see who was pounding loud and long at their door at 2:00a.m. My hero!

I'm watching these cases out of order and just go around to this one...and may I say, I, too, am also going to seek out dogs to bite me! What the living hell happened for her to hit the jackpot for $160,000?! Her face looked perfectly fine to me so there's no permanent damage done, so, what's that worth? $5,000? But $160,000? I'll withstand some dog bite that requires a few stitches and a vial of Juvaderm to fix! 

And how old is she with a daughter at home that she's out doing shots of Jager at 1:00 in the morning? Get it together 40-something-year-old lady! 

I really didn't understand her "politically correct" comment at all. I've a feeling she doesn't really know what that term means.

That neighborhood sure looked nice as well so it just goes to show ya that money doesn't buy class.

Edited by Guest

Did anyone else think that the car salesman in the insurance settlement/fraud case sounded a lot like Sylvester Stallone?  It was disconcerting, listening to that skinny guy speak with Stallone's voice.

The blonde who went to Missouri -- I wanted to smack that crooked smirk right off her boyfriend's face.  He's in the military.  I'll bet his CO doesn't put up with that shit. 

• Love 6

I don't understand why JJ is so insistent on people using their own full coverage insurance to pay for someone else damaging their car. Doesn't she know that making a claim against your insurance raises your premiums? If someone else damaged my car through negligence or intentional vandalism (today's case), I would expect them to pay for 100% of it.

Wrong.  If your car is damaged through someone else's negligence (or intentional act), you put it through your own insurance, and your insurer will recover the money they paid out by pursuing the wrongdoer. It will have no effect on your premiums.  And in this case, Car Kicker had lots of money, so no danger the insurer wouldn't recover.

• Love 2

Am catching up on shows and I swear the guy in the car case (Miss Stacy and her tats) was nodding off.  Back in the day I was around folks who did downers combined with alcohol.  Never a good mix.....especially if you're going to be on TV.  No wonder Byrd was snickering.

Dog bite lady is an idiot!!!  If the dog already bit your daughter and you... you do not stick your face in a dog's face.  ITA with the above poster about dogs being territorial.  Especially in a confined space like a garage.  That's how they are wired.  I've been around dogs and had them all my life.  These gals were drunk....and stooopid. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I'm watching these cases out of order and just go around to this one...and may I say, I, too, am also going to seek out dogs to bite me! What the living hell happened for her to hit the jackpot for $160,000?! Her face looked perfectly fine to me so there's no permanent damage done, so, what's that worth? $5,000? But $160,000? I'll withstand some dog bite that requires a few stitches and a vial of Juvaderm to fix! 

And how old is she with a daughter at home that she's out doing shots of Jager at 1:00 in the morning? Get it together 40-something-year-old lady! 

I really didn't understand her "politically correct" comment at all. I've a feeling she doesn't really know what that term means.

That neighborhood sure looked nice as well so it just goes to show ya that money doesn't buy class.

Maybe she tried to make the dog bite her.  After all, no one saw it and with that kind of jackpot, who would blame her? If I could clean up that way I'd wear a porkchop around my neck and seek out the neighbourhood dogs.

By the way, must mention how I loved Byrd supplying the word "moron" when the mind-blowing, eye-popping stupidity of "Ezekiel" left even JJ speechless. He made the plaintiff look bright in comparison, when HE was so dumb he thought after helping def. circumvent the law by registering def's old 600$ POS car (because of course Ezekiel has no license, no money and no credit. But he does have kids! Kids, and lots of debt.) he was going to recover anything.

• Love 5
On 10/26/2016 at 6:47 PM, AuntiePam said:

In today's roommate case, I wanted to know why Plaintiff Woo was so desperate to get out of his lease that he paid over $4K to do it.  Defendant roommate -- who must have been shipped in the same box as Melania Trump -- seemed to think JJ calling her a squattah was a compliment.

I just watched this one! While Welfare Sofia Vergara was quite the astonishing grifter, my favorite part was when she (or maybe the other roommate) said the ladies worked for Barbizon! BARBIZON!!! There's a name I haven't heard in 30 years when my greatest childhood aspiration was to become a Barbizon model -- which, as it turns out, would have amounted to no more than me still being a homely broke child. I cannot believe that Barbizon is still a thing!

Please enjoy:

Edited by Guest

Shellbie, who is a heavily-bleached blond 17 year old and a carbon copy of Mom, right down to the jowls,

Giant Misfit is my spirit twin!  "DRINK YOUR JUICE, SHELBY!!!"  Lord have mercy, I wanted to smack the fire right out of her smug lying face. Why didn't JJ use her usual "How can you tell if a teenager is lying? Her lips are moving!" speech.  Wonder how Ample Jowled Mama is going to explain things away once unmarried Shellbie is holed up in a crappy old single wide trailer with two snot nosed weasely babies sucking on bottles filled with Kool-Aid, all while blaming everybody else for her lying ways? 

Meanwhile Stacy and her Woody Woodpecker hairdo and her boobie tats (what sober/ nonstupid /un-high woman ever decided that getting a big old chest/ boobie tatt is a good idea? Bueller? Anybody?) couldn't figure out that signing a check means you settle? Anybody buying what she's selling? 

Barbizon!!! I was never a Barbizon type but my girls were always courted for John Casablancas (which I believe was the stepchild of Barbizon) while they were at the mall. I think know they are called Fashion Club -one of my past acquaintances fills up her Facebook feed with her granddaughter's exploits at Fashion Club where she gets to parade around a rickety stage at the mall doing "fashion shows". 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Oh my God.  BARBIZON.  I begged my mom to let me sign up!  What a scammerific memory that is!  Thanks!

Right?! Me, too! Back then, I thought anyone could be a model if they went to school and learned how to do it! But, yeah, it's still a scam -- as if there were any more evidence needed of that besides listening to those stupid litigants.

16 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

one of my past acquaintances fills up her Facebook feed with her granddaughter's exploits at Fashion Club where she gets to parade around a rickety stage at the mall doing "fashion shows". 

Because all I have is free time today, I spent a bunch of time looking at YT videos of these "fashion shows." Look, the girls are all pretty but they are never going to be models and I don't understand why anyone would pay a single penny to learn how to walk on a catwalk when there are YT videos that teach that crap for free. It's not a life skill people!! I wish there were more cases of modeling school fraud on JJ. 

ETA: There seems to be an inordinate amount of chest tatted women on this show lately -- among all age ranges. I'm really sorry that's a thing to be desired these days. But I'll applaud the first woman who appears on the show with a "I Regret It Already" tat'd across her ample bosom.

Edited by Guest
5 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Because all I have is free time today, I spent a bunch of time looking at YT videos of these "fashion shows." Look, the girls are all pretty but they are never going to be models and I don't understand why anyone would pay a single penny to learn how to walk on a catwalk when there are YT videos that teach that crap for free. It's not a life skill people!! I wish there were more cases of modeling school fraud on JJ.

Which reminds me of the court TV case where some poor soul became the first victim of a upholsterer who learned her "profession" from watching YouTube - don't remember which judge's show that was.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Which reminds me of the court TV case where some poor soul became the first victim of a upholsterer who learned her "profession" from watching YouTube - don't remember which judge's show that was.

I seem to remember Judy Milian with a big grin of disbelief on her face as she repeated, "You just learned this from watching YOUTUBE?"

• Love 4