Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

What did we do to deserve this? Do the producers hate us? If not, they wouldn't have rerun the case of the lightbulb headed, fetus-looking, drug-dealing creep suing his dopey, Dumbo-eared g/f. Two able-bodied adults attached like lampreys to the public trough and paying $2/month rent, yet he has thousands of dollars of electronics he wants back (including a 3-D TV, which I don't  have and I've worked all my life). I sat down with a nice snack to watch and ended up not only with indigestion, but a headache as well.

This put me in the wrong mood to watch the new case, with the Minnesotans - he, a gray-haired "student" who works part-time (and who answered most of JJ's questions with "I couldn't tell you." ), and she an overly-made-up nitwit with new, dopey-looking boyfriend in tow. I couldn't finish this.

I think I need a break.

• Love 4

Did JJ screw up again in today's case where plaintiff accused defendant of stealing his trailer?

This was the type of trailer that hauls things -- not a house trailer.  Plaintiff had had the trailer built specially for his business.  It disappeared from his place of business, and he saw the trailer a few weeks later when a man hauling it was next to him in traffic.  He directed the man to pull into a gas station, and said "that's my trailer."

Defendant had registration papers for a trailer but plaintiff said that those papers weren't for the trailer that the guy was hauling.  It was for a "CornPro" trailer -- a brand name -- and his trailer wasn't a CornPro.

I think JJ needed to ask more questions.

The fence case was boring. 

• Love 2

I think JJ needed to ask more questions.

If she really wanted to dig into this, I agree. However, it was the plaintiff's responsibility to have his evidence in order, and he didn't so JJ wasn't going to be bothered with the case. I have a feeling that the plaintiff was correct, if I got a custom built heavy trailer like that one, I think I would recognize it easily. It is not like VIN plates and SN plates don't get moved from one vehicle to another, generally for nefarious purposes. I did like the defendant truck driver who, after admitting that the trailers look pretty much alike, said something to the effect of "I just hook them up and pull them", keeping himself out of the problem.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DoctorK said:

I did like the defendant truck driver who, after admitting that the trailers look pretty much alike, said something to the effect of "I just hook them up and pull them", keeping himself out of the problem.

JJ liked him too -- she smiled at him!

Yeah, plaintiff should have had a good clear photo of the trailer attached to defendant's truck so it could be compared with the trailer that was stolen.  He had a photo of his trailer and it looked like some red/white decals or paint were highlighted.  I kept waiting to see a photo of the other trailer, to see if it had the same red/white paint.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

If she really wanted to dig into this, I agree. However, it was the plaintiff's responsibility to have his evidence in order, and he didn't so JJ wasn't going to be bothered with the case. I have a feeling that the plaintiff was correct, if I got a custom built heavy trailer like that one, I think I would recognize it easily. It is not like VIN plates and SN plates don't get moved from one vehicle to another, generally for nefarious purposes. I did like the defendant truck driver who, after admitting that the trailers look pretty much alike, said something to the effect of "I just hook them up and pull them", keeping himself out of the problem.

I feel for the plaintiff, but he failed to prove the case. I also have a homemade trailer that I'm sure I could spot if I saw it next to me at a redlight. Being homemade there is no vin number, really nothing going to prove it's mine, without a little modification a friend recommended. Seems my friend had a trailer stolen, and when asked about identifying it he had to admit there was really no way. See, in our part of the country, there are a lot of homemade trailers, or just trailers whose data plates are missing, on the road. Smaller trailers like my 4x8 flatbed don't even need a license plate (not true in evety jurisdiction). On my friend's recommendation, when I bought my trailer I  crawled under it with a can of spray paint. If it's stolen, and I spot it on the road, I'll be able to tell the cops exactly what is painted above the axle under the trailer.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I only got as far as the Mysterious Case of La'Toi and the Sold/Bought/Rented/Ticketed/Donated Twenty Year Old Jeep. I think I'll save the rest for the weekend when I may have more patience for this kind of stupidity.

Man, that was something, wasn't it?  I agree - there was a "mysterious!" hustle in there somewhere, but I'm not sure it was a deliberate one!  Not half a brain betwixt 'em.    LOVED how she called the new "owner."  heh. 

I watched a couple eps from earlier in the week, and not much that was memorable.  Did see the loose/not loose/formerly leashed in the dog park/not in the dog park case.  Idiot defendant.   And the stupid Mean Girls who kicked out a friend but demanded she pay 3 months rent.  Yikes. Those three are going to be trouble for a long time. I just can't believe how many 18- and 19-year old plaintiffs we see. I don't think I even knew it was possible to sue another person at that age.  Of course, things were different in the dark ages.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

And the stupid Mean Girls who kicked out a friend but demanded she pay 3 months rent.  Yikes. Those three are going to be trouble for a long time. I just can't believe how many 18- and 19-year old plaintiffs we see. I don't think I even knew it was possible to sue another person at that age.  Of course, things were different in the dark ages.

And the real kick in the head is how perfectly normal they treat suing their friends. 

Generation Special Snowflake.

I just can't believe how many 18- and 19-year old plaintiffs we see. I don't think I even knew it was possible to sue another person at that age.  Of course, things were different in the dark ages.

I don't think landlords would have rented to a bunch of spoiled, air-headed, silly children in those days - the bad old days, when they were actually allowed to decide who they wanted to live in their properties. (I had a lot of turn-downs when I was 23, hard-working and serious) In my youthful world, suing someone was something we only saw on television.  At the other end of the scale, so many 19-year olds we see here are already rough, scamming hustlahs who look at least 35. I don't recall any of us looking or acting like that in the Dark Ages.

• Love 4

When my kid started college this year and I moved 5000 miles away to Hawaii.  I said never let anyone drive the car and never loan anyone money. Child said, I know mom I've overheard Judge Judy.  In good news said child is proving to be super responsible with health, money and grades.

• Love 12

Sigh, we may have to hope to go on JJ after all.  The guy who backed into our car on September 26 told his insurance company that my husband rear ended him instead.  At the scene he repeatedly apologized and said he was upset because his sister-in-law had cancer (the accident was in front of a hospital). He gave us his insurance and registration, never asked for ours as it was his fault.  Luckily a hospital security guard saw the whole thing, he even banged on the guy's window to try and stop him from backing up.  The guard gave me his name and phone number.  Today my husband gave our witness' info to the insurance company.  I hope the insurance company does the right thing, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Love 8

I didn't really understand the carriage ride case today. Mom paid for an hour ride or at least what I took to be an hour with the carriage. They only had the carriage for 35 minutes because the couple got out when they arrived at the reception hall and went inside because there was no photographer there or something. I did not get a vibe that the defendants were shady at all but the defendant was "fumfering" as she was trying to explain what happened. The newlywed bride seemed a little off to me. 

Second case: the Section 8 drama, both parties looked like men in drag. The plaintiff's note to the defendant called her a "Fred Flintstone, Florida Evans shaped body [blank]" who got mad because the plaintiff went on a family visit with her husband who, I am assuming is in prison? The plaintiff moved out of Fred Flintstone Florida Evans' apartment after getting a notice and moved into a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom house with a front and back yard for under $400/month but Fred/Florida went ahead and filed a restraining order anyway saying she was threatened by the plaintiff on social media. JJ didn't see any direct threat. I lost interest in this one too. 

Edited by configdotsys
Clarity
  • Love 6

Yeah, I also thought that the plaintiff on the wedding carriage case should have gotten a little bit of their money back.  Not a lot, not most, but some because they didn't get the full hour with the carriage like they had paid for.  That being said, I can't for the life of me understand why the mother of the bride acted like this was the worst thing in the world.  She said in the hallterview that she didn't tell her daughter about the carriage leaving early because she didn't want to ruin her wedding, or something to that effect.  I mean, come on now.  If that was the only hiccup that happened at the wedding, they should consider themselves VERY lucky!

• Love 7

Totally agree, me5671.  The mother was ridiculously exaggerating the horrible offense of her daughter getting 25 minutes less of a carriage ride that she didn't even know she'd be getting in the first place.  Mom didn't want to "wreck her daughter's wedding," although the short ride "destroyed the whole wedding" for Mom.  Seriously?  It wasn't like the servers spit on all the food or the ceiling caved in on the reception or something.  Not to be unkind, but the daughter seemed fortunate to have found a partner in life--celebrate that.  Some people really aren't happy unless they're unhappy about something.  There's nothing like cuddling up with a nice warm grudge at night.

• Love 11

But mom made sure to tell her daughter the next day that the ride didn't go off as planned. 

I think the carriage was supposed to wait at the reception venue until all the guests had walked over from the wedding, so that photographs could be taken.  But she didn't tell anyone that the reason she contracted for an hour was to allow time for this.  So when the carriage arrives, the bridal party gets out of the carriage and go inside.  They didn't know they were supposed to wait around. 

JJ was right -- mom could have told the best man, or somebody.

• Love 1

Yeah, I think there was just a ton of miscommunication all around in the carriage case. Which doesn't mean there has to be a lawsuit. I'm sure Mom had this grand vision of her daughter pulling up to the reception in a horse-drawn carriage as all the guests oohed and aahed at the spectacle...she just didn't *tell* anyone about it. And I'm fairly certain that if she'd said "hey, try to get to the reception as close to 5:30 as possible so my daughter can make the entrance of a lifetime", the defendants would have gone around the block a few times. It didn't sound like they were the type to be high-fiving each other as they laughed about screwing their clients out of 20 minutes of paid time, or racing down the streets as fast as the horse and carriage would go. Even when Mom was talking about the plan to have the photographers at whatever bridge the carriage was crossing at 5:00, I couldn't tell if anyone else had gotten the memo.

Oh well, at least it was something different. Better than the blah blah rent harassment blah case that followed. I'm as hippie liberal as they come and believe in a strong social safety net, but I think I've been watching this show for too long because when the plaintiff was complaining about the state of the rental property (which is probably bigger than my house) and how it should have been in better condition because of all the rent she paid, I immediately thought "you mean all the rent WE pay!" Thanks, JJ!

• Love 10

Yes her whole $600 for a 5 bdr house.  Granted I don't want to live in Palmdale but still.  /I'm also a pretty liberal almost hippie / but come on 

In Nc when I rent my 5 bdr 2800 sq ft house to strangers the rent is $1500.  

Mom in the other case was a moron how does something the bride didn't even know about ruin someone's wedding???   And I agree I think the bride had some sort of issue.

• Love 4

In both the carriage ride and the Section 8 housing case, I think all parties were hoping for a payday by appearing on the show. The carriage ride case seemed like a miscommunication issue....no one told the carriage drivers what was going on or gave them any instructions. I agree that Mom was a drama queen about the whole thing in the hallterview. The daughter seemed like a nice girl but very nervous to speak in front of the mighty JJ.

The carriage people appeared to be decent folks, but I couldn't help but picture them as extras in "Game of Thrones" with their horse and carriage. :)

Section 8 lady sure seemed to want a lot for her $600 a month or whatever it is. One of my co-workers has a Section 8 voucher and rents a 1200 square foot home for herself and her two kids and HER SHARE of the rent is $2200. Lord knows what the total rent comes out to. And she has to deal with the landlord from hell who won't fix anything. Housing is so scarce around here that she can't just "A-MOVE!"

• Love 4

Finally got to see the 35-Minute Carriage Ride episode. Most of the case I kept thinking those poor people fell out of the Hot Tub Time Machine that departed from the Little House on the Prairie. Both mom and daughter Plaintiffs had on some seriously wrongly sized Simplicity patterns from the Hollie Hobbie "professional" collection and the poor Defendants looked like sentient Chas. Addams renderings come to life without a caption. 

Mom Plaintiff. Lord. I know she thinks that carriage ride was at fault for ruining her life but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that curling iron she learned to operate five minutes before entering the courtroom was a close second. Hint: both side of your hair should be relatively EVEN. 

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Both mom and daughter Plaintiffs had on some seriously wrongly sized Simplicity patterns from the Hollie Hobbie "professional" collection and the poor Defendants looked like sentient Chas. Addams renderings come to life without a caption. 

Charles Addams drawings--that's exactly it!  I knew it was an artist, an I was thinking American Gothic artist but I knew that wasn't right.  Thank you!

• Love 3

Both mom and daughter Plaintiffs had on some seriously wrongly sized Simplicity patterns from the Hollie Hobbie "professional" collection and the poor Defendants looked like sentient Chas. Addams renderings come to life without a caption. 

Rainy, dark Sunday. Perfect for a rewatch, after reading this and noticing nothing the first time. Hollie Hobbie. Oh hell, yeah!

ETA: Finally watched. Saddest looking bride ever, but I'm pretty sure their HH outfits are the latest fashion in MN.

Robbie Daniels, who is so clearly a man that his jewelry and frilly top were bizarre, had some of the worst grammar I've ever heard on this show and that's saying a lot. Every taxpayer in the US who watched this should be outraged to the point of storming local  government offices with demands to stop the madness. Plaintiff moved to a "gorgeous" five bedroom, three bath house and pays 385$ a month - housing that few of the people who have actually worked all their lives can afford. They can't afford it because they have to put people like the plaintiff and her gang of entitled parasites into such places. I wonder how Byrd likes subsidizing this bullshit. It's fucking disgusting.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 9

CarHop, source of no doubt many repossessed JJ hoopties and - totally coincidentally! - a major JJ advertiser, has new ads saying they'll look at your income statements (they market to people with incomes?), figure out what you should get back from your tax return, and use that as part of your down payment. 

I see no way in which this can possibly go wrong.

• Love 6

The carriage ride case seemed like a miscommunication issue....no one told the carriage drivers what was going on or gave them any instructions. 

I have had two daughters get married - and one had a horse and carriage ride - and that same daughter works in the wedding industry.  So this I actually know about (and didn't have to stay at a Holiday Inn lol). Most people are extremely disorganized at weddings - people are wandering around and the photog is trying to get pictures.  Perhaps Holly Hobby Mommy (that was too easy) thought that the bride and groom got an hour of carriage time AFTER the whole bunch of yahoos stopped milling around and got their family portraits tooken. (FYI my daughters had lists that they gave to the photog AND had picture wranglers to make sure everybody got their family portraits with the bride and groom - they both married into very large families who had scads of relatives, many of them elderly who would have been highly offended had they not gotten their picture made with the B&G). The horse people would have been there probably closer to two hours had they waited forever. 

My D1 was so highly organized that they got outside about ten min before the horse and carriage showed up. However they did ride around the downtown area where they got married from the church to the old school reception hall and because it was near Xmas, they got to ride around the highly decorated town square and wave at people like they were Cinderella and Prince Charming. It was really cool but it doesn't happen without a great deal of organization and good luck. 

CarHop, source of no doubt many repossessed JJ hoopties and - totally coincidentally! - a major JJ advertiser, has new ads saying they'll look at your income statements (they market to people with incomes?), figure out what you should get back from your tax return, and use that as part of your down payment. 

Really - I got the guy that bought a car in his kimono while dancing in the middle of the street with his friends and it didn't suck (Hoooooo, in fact he liked it) 

• Love 2

Plaintiff Captain Kangaroo sued defendant because he thought he was cheated out of some winnings at a charity golfing event.  He pays $500 in entry fees for himself and four friends.  This covers a day of golf, green fees, a nice meal (prime rib and seafood), and even a little cooler with snacks and drinks.  He wins a skins game and gets $400 back.  So he's "out" $100.  He thinks he should have won more, even though there was no guarantee of prize amounts.

JJ kicked his ass out.

In the other case, a contractor refinished floors and installed a new kitchen floor to the tune of almost $10K.  Defendant refused to pay because her cat walked across the wet floor and messed up the floor and ruined some furniture.  This was after she had given the contractor a key so he could work while she was on vacation, and when her 53-year-old son was at the house and (supposedly) responsible for wrangling the cat.

JJ gave him $5K.

And how is Nguyen pronounced?  It's not "new-yun", is it?  Isn't it just "Win"?

• Love 6

I've always heard it pronounced "win" and in my suburb, we have a pretty good sized population of neighbors from Vietnam and that's how they pronounce it. But now I will make a point to ask someone.

Friskies got a plug from JJ!! 

Capt Kangaroo was a jerk. He and Mr Greenjeans and his other golf buddies should donate the money back and get a life. 

• Love 5

I can ***so*** now sympathize with the many Judge Judy plaintiffs who said their on-leash dog was attacked by some other dog allowed to roam off-leash.... Luckily, Zelda (my 13-year-old Australian shepherd whom I adopted as a senior rescue two years ago....her owners had to go to an assisted living facility that did not allow pets) was not attacked, and also luckily her previous owner trained her to "heel" perfectly. I was walking her this afternoon and saw a woman walking along the walkway with a small pom-pon of a dog that seemed to belong to her, but who was not leashed. As the tiny dog approached us, she called out "Is your dog OK? Is he friendly?" I replied (truthfully) "I don't know." [As a rule Zelda is benevolent to all humans, dogs, cats, squirrels, etc, but since this tiny dog might have been mistaken for a squeaky toy I didn't want to take any chances.] Her tiny dog came up and sniffed both Zelda and me and I remarked, "There is a leash law, you know, in this city. As well as one in the homeowners's association..." She immediately scooped up her dog and started screaming at me, "My dog was on the leash until you came around the corner! Then she broke free!!" [Completely untrue - as I said, I stood still with Zelda when I saw a loose dog in the distance. Plus, we hadn't approached via any "corner" - it was on a long straight sidewalk.] I decided to pull an imaginary trump card and pointed into the distance. "I'm sure the surveillance cameras would prove otherwise!" She responded with a stream of curse words, which were bolstered by some apparent friends of her who suddenly appeared and also yelled at me.

• Love 7

Ouisch, I totally understand that scenario. I encourage you to carry a small thing of pepper spray, which I have on my keyring and fits in my pocket. I have used it on an obnoxious unleashed Yorkie who advanced on my dog, who was doing nothing to provoke an encounter. The Yorkie would not leave us alone and finally I saw the hair on my dog's back go up. I thought oh no, I can control my dog but this little dog has freedom to continue to yap in its face and who knows where this will lead. So I did spray Yorkie's eyes. No pun, but don't anyone dogpile on me. It did sting its eyes but it was fine and even more importantly, my baby and I were not involved in a more serious altercation. I got the pepper spray in a sporting goods store (Academy).

BTW, the Yorkie's owner was not around but we have had other very close encounters when the owner was around with unleashed dogs who were displaying aggressive behavior and I whipped out the pepper spray to show the owner and announced "I have pepper spray!" I am really not an obnoxious person but am freaking sick of irresponsible dog owners. We, too, have a leash law. So, let your unleashed dog get in my dog's face, it will be rubbing its eyes for a while.

Just remembered this.....in the hot humid summer, we walk early, like around 5:30 am so it's still pretty dark. About a month ago, a loose pit bull ran up to us and it was dark so I couldn't see or hear an owner. It had a collar on so I pulled my dog away and we kept walking but the pit kept following and then ran up to my dog's face, which surprised both of us. Yep, before the situation in the dark could escalate, pit got a spray in the eyes which allowed us to safely get away. Call me paranoid all you want, but better safe than sorry.

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 8

Capt Kangaroo was a jerk. He and Mr Greenjeans and his other golf buddies should donate the money back and get a life.

OMG! Just coming here to use that exact name for him and I see everyone else had the same impression. The only difference is that the real Capt. Kangaroo would never be such a petty, greedy, small-minded, jerk-off asshole. Very little was paid for the whole day, including a golf game,  cooler of snacks and a nice dinner? Shame on you and your douchebag hairdo, you tiny little worm. I was dozing (so may not have gotten all the details right) when Mr. McLaughlin came on and I was stunned and riveted that this show had an attractive and intelligent man who could not only speak English properly, but is not scamming the system, stealing from his kids or living off of desperate women.

ETA:

Really - I got the guy that bought a car in his kimono while dancing in the middle of the street with his friends and it didn't suck

I thought this was a case and got all excited, but I see it's just a commercial.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, califred said:

That Golfing guy was a wanker.  I loved when the guy running the pool said the other two teams that won gave the money back and this dude is suing for it.

And Captain Kangaroo wasn't even slightly shamed by that!  He still thinks he was cheated.  What an ass.

• Love 9

I feel so let down by Captain Kangaroo.  How weird is it that just that (really idiotic) haircut could make me feel that he was an ok guy.  So betrayed!  I was born in 1966 and I think it was on every morning for several informative years of my development.  He had no shame at all in not only suing for the money, but going on tv to display this asshole greed.

• Love 5

The cat owner was ridiculous - "ooh, if I'd known that the guy I'd given my key to so he could finish my floor during the three weeks I was gone was going to actually do that, I'd have boarded my cat". For three weeks? Because of a 1 day job? Yeah, right. I boarded my cat for just under one week, and she was miserable. (And very happy when I got home) Cats aren't like dogs, making friends everywhere.

Your son was an idiot who didn't have the brains to put the cat in a room; blame him for the ruined floor.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, NYCFree said:

I feel so let down by Captain Kangaroo.  How weird is it that just that (really idiotic) haircut could make me feel that he was an ok guy.  So betrayed!  I was born in 1966 and I think it was on every morning for several informative years of my development.  He had no shame at all in not only suing for the money, but going on tv to display this asshole greed.

Today's mailman impersonating the captain took me on a trip down memory lane. I had a couple friends stop in while it was on, I paused the program, pointed and and both of them came out with Captain Kangeroo. No surprise, as google says he was on the air from 55 to 84.

• Love 4

I read the postings here before watching the Captain Kangaroo episode, and when I saw the Captain impersonator I laughed out loud! 

As the case unfolded, the five year old inside of me cried at what a jerk he was. Thank goodness Mr. Green Jeans and Bunny Rabbit weren't there to see it!

Remember when ping pong balls used to fall from the sky? Golf balls should fall on that greedy ass.

Edited by Intocats
Because I can't spell
  • Love 8
On 10/14/2016 at 0:51 PM, NYCFree said:

Sigh, we may have to hope to go on JJ after all.  The guy who backed into our car on September 26 told his insurance company that my husband rear ended him instead.  At the scene he repeatedly apologized and said he was upset because his sister-in-law had cancer (the accident was in front of a hospital). He gave us his insurance and registration, never asked for ours as it was his fault.  Luckily a hospital security guard saw the whole thing, he even banged on the guy's window to try and stop him from backing up.  The guard gave me his name and phone number.  Today my husband gave our witness' info to the insurance company.  I hope the insurance company does the right thing, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm glad you have a witness. I was in an accident the same morning as you and, as I suspected, it turns out the jackass responsible for causing the accident wasn't insured. He was a typical JJ litigant who paid for a month or two of insurance, then let the policy lapse. I'm sure glad I have the coverage I do because my truck is already fixed and my insurance company is reimbursing me all but $100 of my deductible. The idiot responsible for the accident is a dishwasher at a local restaurant, so I wish the subrogation folks good luck in trying to collect. The other car sustained a great deal of damage and that kid's insurance company is going to have to try to collect a whole lot more than mine!

The golf case yesterday was too much. Mr Lovesnark is an avid golfer and plays in a lot of tourneys for different charities. He was as appalled as we are at Captain Kangaroo's greed. I was quite happy to hear JJ tell him what a greedy asshole he is and I think it's awesome to know the restaurant owner gave him the boot!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bad things are bad said:

count me in with the immediate naming of Captain Kangaroo...and the sullying of his memory should not go unpunished. 

In other news, on the next Judge Judy (I wish, but these cars are far above the maximum she can award)

http://jalopnik.com/man-allegedly-conned-multiple-women-into-buying-him-a-l-1787882801

I can't help but notice that, like all the JJ litigants who are showered with money, etc. from a legion of women, this guy is cut in the same mold: pudgy, fugly loser. I need to know what would inspire women to buy these repulsive douchebags a stick of gum, never mind a car. 

• Love 4

I read the postings here before watching the Captain Kangaroo episode, and when I saw the Captain impersonator I laughed out loud! 

Y'all did not let me down. When I saw this dude, my first thought was "Who wanders into the barber shop and says ' Hey, buddy, give me the Captain Kangaroo 'doo' " 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Jamoche said:

The cat owner was ridiculous - "ooh, if I'd known that the guy I'd given my key to so he could finish my floor during the three weeks I was gone was going to actually do that, I'd have boarded my cat". For three weeks? Because of a 1 day job? Yeah, right. I boarded my cat for just under one week, and she was miserable. (And very happy when I got home) Cats aren't like dogs, making friends everywhere.

Your son was an idiot who didn't have the brains to put the cat in a room; blame him for the ruined floor.

I am getting my downstairs renovated, and while there is no staining of anything, my cats are still kept locked away from the action.  However, I must say, we have a FABULOUS cats only boarding place in my town, and my cats love it there.  lol  I  would cost a bit to keep them there for 3 weeks though! 

16 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

And Captain Kangaroo wasn't even slightly shamed by that!  He still thinks he was cheated.  What an ass.

Talk about a frivolous lawsuit!  He was a huge jerk.  So glad that he is now banned from the restaurant.

• Love 6

I boarded my cat for just under one week, and she was miserable. (And very happy when I got home) Cats aren't like dogs, making friends everywhere.

I didn't watch the cat ep, but have to say that only one cat I've had (out of MANY) ever wanted to go visiting anywhere. They've always hated any changes of any kind. If I get a new piece of furniture they look at me suspiciously. Your kitty is gorgeous and looks just like one I had for 17 years - a snooty, spoiled little princess.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AlleC17 said:

I am getting my downstairs renovated, and while there is no staining of anything, my cats are still kept locked away from the action.  However, I must say, we have a FABULOUS cats only boarding place in my town, and my cats love it there.  lol  I  would cost a bit to keep them there for 3 weeks though! 

Yeah, cats seem to enjoy breaking the mold on acceptable cat behavior. Soon as you say cats hate water, a YouTube shows a cat who swims. I have 5 cats here. Two are happy to meet strangers. One hangs back, and if the first two don't get eaten she'll come over for a sniff and pet. The other two, well they're my phantom kitties who most people consider my imaginary cats.

• Love 6