Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

In Kadeesha's case, am I right that once you're served with an eviction notice, that's it?  That even if you try to pay, the landlord doesn't have to accept the payment? 

I didn't have a good feeling about the landlord -- she was just too smug, and a little bit nervous.  It wouldn't surprise me if she did take the $713 out of Kadeesha's account.  JJ asked why she wouldn't just take the whole $750, and Kadeesha should have said because $713 was all there was. 

Landlord may have thought that because Kadeesha gave her the account info, PIN, etc. for the first month, that she'd have to collect the rent that way every month.  So she accessed the account on her own a second time, but without permission.  Possible?  Likely?  We don't know, because Kadeesha didn't have her shit together.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

In Kadeesha's case, am I right that once you're served with an eviction notice, that's it?  That even if you try to pay, the landlord doesn't have to accept the payment? 

Well, every jurisdiction seems to put their own spin on it. Here in Oklahoma, if I understand it correctly, the landlord must give the tenant a 5 day notice to pay. If the tenant pays within 5 days, the clock is reset and landlord can not start the eviction process. After the 5 days, the eviction suit can be filed, and the time it takes depends on the court system.

Edited by SRTouch
Clarification - keyboard autocorrect decided it knew better
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Brattinella said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Purge

Kadeesha alluding to a "purge list" and urging us to see the movie, is IMO a death threat.  The Purge is nothing but a killing spree.

What a freak.  I love that this allegedly disabled person somehow finds the strength to make threats and fantasize about killing someone else violently.  Earth to Kadeesha: being a psychotic jerk is not a disability.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I didn't have a good feeling about the landlord -- she was just too smug, and a little bit nervous.  It wouldn't surprise me if she did take the $713 out of Kadeesha's account.  JJ asked why she wouldn't just take the whole $750, and Kadeesha should have said because $713 was all there was. 

Landlord may have thought that because Kadeesha gave her the account info, PIN, etc. for the first month, that she'd have to collect the rent that way every month.  So she accessed the account on her own a second time, but without permission.  Possible?  Likely?  We don't know, because Kadeesha didn't have her shit together.

When JJ asked, "Why wouldn't she take the whole $750?" I also thought that it was because $713 was all there was to take. But if Kadeesha had admitted that, it would have negated the next statement she was cooking up, "it's not like I didn't have the money...I had the money for her." 

I kept wondering why she gave the landlady her PIN. I don't know why she thought that would be a good idea.

• Love 5

finds the strength to make threats and fantasize about killing someone e

I don't know if she was just fantasizing, she came across as a bottom feeding low life who would try to set up a contract with one of her crack head friends.

• Love 1

I found myself wishing that Judge Judy would have pulled out a pile of Monopoly money to explain things to the twice-sold car crew.  Perhaps if nephew SAW that uncle had his money,  the little lightbulb in his brain would have lit up.

• Love 4

The nephew in the selling the car case needs anger management classes.  And all of them need to use a Kelly blue book.

For sure.  Especially about the nephew.  He was shaking with rage at the very end.  I thought he might try to vault the table.  Scary.

1 hour ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I kept wondering why she gave the landlady her PIN. I don't know why she thought that would be a good idea.

If Kadeesha were a whole lot smarter than she appears to be, she could've been setting up the landlady for the future accusation of using the PIN to rob her account, leaving her without money for rent.  But probably not.  Very dumb of the landlady to take it, though.  For just that kind of reason.

Edited by Mondrianyone
So what I'm replying to makes sense.
  • Love 3

The case of the Bennetts fighting over the dog -- First of all, what an odd couple. Secondly, I wish people would get their dogs spayed and neutered. I'm not entering the pitbull debate by saying this, but the two plaintiffs need to find another form of additional income that doesn't involve bringing another Cane Corso Pitbull into existence. When I was looking to adopt my second dog, I went to the animal shelter, and the place was was loaded with pits. And if Mr. Bennett didn't even have the sense to take his dog to the vet and give the dog monthly heartworm tablets, then they really shouldn't be bringing more dogs into the world.

In the case of the women fighting over the car -- my word, the plaintiff's hair was such a fright! I couldn't focus on anything else.

• Love 10

If your credit sucks so much that you can't get a $35K car, but you can make the down payment - buy a cheap car that costs less than the down payment. And if you're on JJ for the consequences of drunk driving - namely, that the person in whose name the car actually is would really not have a drunk behind the wheel of a car he'd be liable for - you really should not show up acting drunk. A sober person would be able to tell the difference between "I have bought the car" and "I am making payments on the car", not to mention proper behavior in a court.

Probably drunk plaintiff: "Next up, pain and anguish"

JJ: "Yours or mine?"

ETA: Hit post too soon - first one of PDP's witnesses gets thrown out for talking to PDP, then she does, then her other witness does! And one of them is muttering about not caring about being thrown out.

Edited by Jamoche
  • Love 3

I didn't get that one but did get the case with the pl with the crazy blonde frizzy hair.  Mesmerizing.   Tall gal....she must have been 6'5" at least.  And she needed a good bra....those babies were swaying coming down the aisle.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

In the case of the women fighting over the car -- my word, the plaintiff's hair was such a fright! I couldn't focus on anything else.

Yeah, how did she get her hair to look like that?  Between her hair and defendant's blinding white teeth, I couldn't decide where to look.

That first couple -- odd, indeed.  Not just the age difference, but what was the attraction, for either of them?

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

That first couple -- odd, indeed.  Not just the age difference, but what was the attraction, for either of them?

Court shows would be short a lot of cases if people could just get their heads around the idea that they really can live without a "romantic" partner.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Yeah, how did she get her hair to look like that?  Between her hair and defendant's blinding white teeth, I couldn't decide where to look.

That was hair? I thought she stuck her head in a cotton candy machine. Why would she stick her head in a cotton candy machine? you ask. Beats me, but that makes as much sense as combing your hair like that, no doubt using two cans of hair spray in the process.

The whole case made no sense. If I heard right, in the hallterview defendant claimed she gave the homeless plaintiff a Mercedes junker to live in, the only condition being that the plaintiff insure the salvaged car.... would that be auto or homeowners insurance? Yet plaintiff tried to show she had an active insurance policy on a second car? Huh, a homeless woman needs two cars? Maybe moving to the salvage Mercedes was a step up. 

hmmm tomorrow's new episode looks interesting... pig attacking dog. Maybe not, as preview seems to show pig owner acts as clueless as some dog owners.

• Love 7

The past 10 days have been a glorious parade of some of my favorite episodes.  The Sentimental Patio Furniture Kids last week.  Today, the green-haired "Once Upon A Time" girl who needs a break to process what is happening.  Boy, she really took it on the chin, didn't she?  (See what I did there?) And tomorrow, the Case of the Petulant Painter - wife +car + trunk + carwash = the loss of some spectacular artwork.  

Edited by Albino
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Albino said:

The past 10 days have been a glorious parade of some of my favorite episodes.  The Sentimental Patio Furniture Kids last week.  Today, the green-haired "Once Upon A Time" girl who needs a break to process what is happening.  Boy, she really took it on the chin, didn't she?  (See what I did there?) And tomorrow, the Case of the Petulant Painter - wife +car + trunk + carwash = the loss of some spectacular artwork.  

Today, just for the hell of it, I googled "once upon a time tattoo".  You won't believe how many came up!

• Love 3

Well, Presa Canario or Cane Corso, who with half a brain would think it a good idea to breed either of these breeds with a pit bull? Then take the resulting mix breed over the road in an 18 wheeler?!? Yes I know some truckers take pets on the road, but a mastif/pit mix? Uh no, I would expect such a mix of hunting/fighting/herd/guard dog to need LOTS of exercise, and I wouldn't want such a prey driven dog at the rest stop with all the little yappers in the doggy area. I suppose you could argue the dog would be a good guard/protection dog on the road... just seems like a bad idea to me. No, if I were to take a mastif breed on the road I think I would avoid breeds known for having a high prey drive, so I think I'd pick a great dane, the gentle giant. Actually, I had an uncle who traveled with a dachshund, and that makes more sense than any mastif to me. A doxy doesn't know he's a little dog and will raise holy hell if he thinks someone is intruding on his space. Yes they can bite, but they're not going to jump out and maul someone at a truck stop or weigh station if they get close to your truck. Ah, I'm just partial to the little badger dogs as my family always had one or two when I was growing up.

Oh, and I totally agree with those who question the level of vet care these people provide. You know you're going to court to fight for possession of a dog, and the only vet report either side brings to court for this 4-5 year old dog has to do with an ear infection. Plaintiff's other dog died from heart worms -- easily prevented but very hard to treat, and of course without regular vet visits poor dog wasn't diagnosed until too late. If this idiot actually wants to take the dog on the road, I hope its shots and tags are current, but I doubt it from what I saw in court.

• Love 2

I kept napping while watching today and most of it was like some nightmare. The woman who thought she wanted a 34K car, but she's someone who drinks so much she blacks out. I don't know if the booze is aging her but there was a terrible contrast between the girly wig and ravaged face. The def - her boyfriend or whatever - I have no idea what he was yammering about.

I didn't get that one but did get the case with the pl with the crazy blonde frizzy hair.  Mesmerizing.   Tall gal....she must have been 6'5" at least.  And she needed a good bra....those babies were swaying coming down the aisle.

Oh, god. I woke up to that and it was frightening. Does some company make shocking pink muumuus in that length? She dwarfed Byrd! The mouthy def, with her gleaming dentures, just could NOT shut up. Both of them seemed like drunks to me.  I have a headache.

I think I'll skip tomorrow's case. I don't want to hear about any more animals being harmed because their human owners (Humans - the species with the big brains, right?) don't know how to keep them safe. My horrible, feriocious, terrible pit bull monster hid under the table when kittens beat her up and wouldn't harm even the baby cottontail bunny or nestling robin she found.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

The case of the Bennetts fighting over the dog -- First of all, what an odd couple. Secondly, I wish people would get their dogs spayed and neutered. I'm not entering the pitbull debate by saying this, but the two plaintiffs need to find another form of additional income that doesn't involve bringing another Cane Corso Pitbull into existence. When I was looking to adopt my second dog, I went to the animal shelter, and the place was was loaded with pits. And if Mr. Bennett didn't even have the sense to take his dog to the vet and give the dog monthly heartworm tablets, then they really shouldn't be bringing more dogs into the world.

We just got a new TV (as in purchased, not rent-to-own, or borroweded from a babydaddy, or traded for rims, or whatever). The dog case eventually got uninteresting enough that I started playing around with the picture settings, because it looked like our beloved JJ was presiding over her courtroom during a power outage, and that is simply unacceptable.

As soon as I succeeded in making the picture brighter, the car plaintiff with her cotton candy hair and bright pink whatever showed up. TERRIBLE TIMING.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

The case of the Bennetts fighting over the dog -- First of all, what an odd couple.

Judge Judy? I wanted to see their Maury (and/or Dr Phil) episode!

• Love 3

Oh, and I totally agree with those who question the level of vet care these people provide. You know you're going to court to fight for possession of a dog, and the only vet report either side brings to court for this 4-5 year old dog has to do with an ear infection. Plaintiff's other dog died from heart worms -- easily prevented but very hard to treat, and of course without regular vet visits poor dog wasn't diagnosed until too late. If this idiot actually wants to take the dog on the road, I hope its shots and tags are current, but I doubt it from what I saw in court.

Goddammit. Don't have a dog unless you can afford to give it heartworm preventative every month -- especially if you're living in a Southern state. There are a good deal of heartworm + dogs from the South that get shipped up to the Northeast for adoption since their shelters are so overcrowded thanks to dumbass scumbags like those three (counting Plaintiff, Plaintiff's son, and Defendant) and the vast majority receive successful treatment. But it's completely avoidable if you're a responsible pet owner! And shut up and have a fucking seat, Mr. "My Dog is My Child." Unless you're one of those insane fundamentalist nutcases who think they can cure their gravely ill child with prayer and get all surprised when they're charged with murder when the child inevitably dies, that dog wasn't your "child," it was your property that you neglected and turned over to a drug addict. 

The other head-blowing moment was when JJ asked the son if he had bred the dog and he said, "Not yet." Perfect time for a teachable moment from JJ -- but that didn't happen. Maybe had he copped to being on disability, she'd have more of an admonishment for him. 

NO MORE DOG CASES FOR ME! 

Edited by Guest

Full disclosure - I currently have four dogs, and have had dogs for a large portion of my forty-seven  years. Few things make me sadder and angrier than irresponsible people who buy these loving companions and then either deliberately mistreat them or harm them out of neglect. If you have a job that takes you away from home for long periods of time, either don't have a dog or make sure the dog has someone with half a brain to look after him/her. Full stop.  Humans are the ones who can say if they're hungry or in pain. Animals can't, and its disgraceful that so many cases on this show focus on idiots who barely seem capable of wiping their own behinds, must less tending to the needs of a loyal creature like a dog.

• Love 8

Oops... posted TPC RECAP here again. Moved the recap but left the rant here since it had already been commented on.

SOAPBOX time: This time last year my tenant was working as a manager at a fast food place. Since that time, he has undergone multiple surgeries on his right ankle, has more coming, and when they finish the right ankle they are saying they might have to start on his left. (His problems stem from diabetes, which led to a degenerative bone disease, Charcot - essentially, the bones in his ankles are dissolving resulting in multiple ankle fractures.) Before all this started he had medical insurance through the state which helps pay the coverage through an employer. When he was no longer able to work, he lost that insurance, so he was without coverage for a few weeks as they switched him to another program. He has been denied twice now for disability, despite multiple letters from his doctors saying he can put "no" weight on his ankles. He's now hired a lawyer who will paid when/if he ever gets disability. He is about to run out of unemployment. Heck, if it wasn't for friends, family and church (and oh yeah food stamps) he'd be homeless. Heck, he hasn't paid me rent since February, so don't know if I should still be calling him my tenant. Ah well, this is just a rant about the system not working...

Edited by SRTouch
Wrong forum
  • Love 6

this is just a rant about the system not working...

And see, this is a perfect example of why it is so frustrating! We see (and know of) so many undeserving idiots who are raking in all sorts of tax dollars, and so many good people who are denied the benefits they truly need.  Wish I had a solution.

1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

This landlord thought she was being nice letting this woman she didn't know move in - and why did she need a place... she was being kicked out of her previous place.

Heh.  We had potential tenant call once. During our discussion, I learned he was looking for a place to rent because the house he was living in was being foreclosed on.  That would, of course, be HIS house.  So, you don't pay "rent" for a house you own, and you think I'm going to expect you to pay me rent for a house you don't own?  "Good luck in your search." Now, to be fair, there may have been all sorts of legitimate reasons for him not paying his mortgage, but since our houses usually rent about $300 more than a typical mortgage payment in the area, I wasn't so much interested in the risk or reasons.

I am aghast at how our society as a whole seems to be so completely without integrity. No self-responsibility, no sense of pride in making one's own way, no understanding of how choices often lead to unpleasant consequences that are your own damn fault.  I think I need a dozen episodes of the Brady Bunch, or Little House, or something, where people are fine and decent and live happily ever after.  Except poor Tiger, of course, who hid in his doghouse one day and was never seen again...

Thus endeth MY soapbox moment.   SRTouch, I feel for you, and hope your co-resident gets the help he needs soon. Great recaps, by the way. (JJ rather than MM? hee!)

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SandyToes said:

And see, this is a perfect example of why it is so frustrating! We see (and know of) so many undeserving idiots who are raking in all sorts of tax dollars, and so many good people who are denied the benefits they truly need.  Wish I had a solution.

Thus endeth MY soapbox moment.   SRTouch, I feel for you, and hope your co-resident gets the help he needs soon. Great recaps, by the way. (JJ rather than MM? hee!)

Ah, the power of the soapbox rant. This afternoon, as the first JJ episode was coming on, we get word that space will open in our local low cost handicap accessible housing. So, just in time for the end of his unemployment, my friend will be moving. I'll be sorry to see him move, but it will be much better housing for him.

• Love 6

Yeah, so, ok...if a 200-lb. pig wandered onto my property and my dog was in the backyard with it, the first thing I would do would be to get the dog away from the pig! Maybe after that I'd take the picture for funsies but no way would I allow my animal near it. That lady was a dumbass.

I really wanted to hear what the animal control officer had to say but JJ shut that shit down as usual because it must have been lunchtime or something. It's clear that the officer didn't see any bite on that video (and frankly neither did I) and I wanted to know what else she has to contribute. 

What I cannot understand is why people use invisible fences - one of the worst inventions ever. As we saw today, they may keep your animal on your property (unless there's a power outage or your dog sees something it really wants or your dog is insensitive to the electric current - all things I've seen around my home as dogs run loose in the middle of the road) but they don't stop other dogs, cats or wild animals from entering your property and attacking your pet.  Invisible fences are good ONLY if you're going to be outside with your dog. As we saw, being too cheap or lazy to put up a real fence comes out expensive, and could have permanently ruined a show dog. On another note, the defendant made me realize that it's often true that pets and owners look alike.

• Love 3

I didn't actually watch the dog video, but I did hear it, and that poor dog yelped.  And I agree that lady was a dumbass.  How do you not get your dog away from the other animal?  Yeah I get that he was curious and adorable, but there is a time and place for that.

• Love 3

I got super excited when I saw the Great Dane and the pig owners were from Wareham, as one of my best friends is a veterinarian there and it would have been AMAZING if they were his patients. (Or at least the dog, as I think he just handles dogs and cats.) Alas, he had not heard about this, though he was highly entertained by the details of the case. Also, he said nothing about the case really surprised him. Note to self: don't veer too far off the highway when driving through Wareham on the way to the Cape.

• Love 1

Maybe the dog owner didn't realize that pigs bite.  She knows now, though, so put up a fence, stupid.  I've heard plenty of stories about dogs tear-assing right through an electronic fence when something worth chasing ran past.  Not the case here, obviously--that dog looked very gentle but curious about the pig.  Stuff happens, though.  Totally agree with AngelaHunter.

We had the Priceless Work of Art in the Trunk case today (or Junk in the Trunk if you took a look at the paintings on the artist's website back when they first ran this one).  I loved the car-wash owner even more the second time around.  He dismantled the obviously guilty lady lawyer without even breaking a sweat or losing his good-natured smile.

All my most beloved cases are running one after the other these recent days.  Tomorrow's the rich guy who wants his used tinsel back, dammit!  I can hardly wait.

• Love 5

How do you not get your dog away from the other animal? 

IKR? "Oh, my dog is friendly." I heard that often while walking my last dog on a leash as other peoples' dogs charged at us. My old, arthritic girl was sweet as pie to all people, but disliked other dogs. I'd tell the other owners, "Mine is NOT!" and they'd get all in a panic and finally come to retrieve their loose dogs.

Anyway pigs are not, as a rule, very fond of dogs, especially dogs sniffing around them. I would never have allowed my dog to snuffle all over a 200lb pig who could have been well-armed with tusks for all the dog owner knew. Use your heads, people. These are animals, not Disney characters.

• Love 5

I was half watching the pig/dog case and actually yelled at the TV to put down your stupid phone and go get your dog! Even after they've had their tusk like teeth clipped as babies, pigs can cause a whole lot of damage. I guess it will never cease to amaze me how people whip out their phones and film shit instead of DOING something. A few years ago, I looked out the window to see my idiot neighbor's dog in the pasture with my 5 donkeys. Donkeys hate dogs with the fire of a thousand suns and will beat the crap out of them and sometimes kill them with their hooves and teeth. This dog wanders all over the place and after telling them their dog was running down the road a dozen or so times, I gave up. So, I'm watching out the window to see if it's smart enough to get the hell out of the pasture and I notice the owner standing in the road filming the whole thing with her phone. I walked out and told her she's lucky her dog isn't dead and that if she wanted it to stay alive, she'd better keep it away from the donkeys. She'd be a perfect litigant on JJ because, you guessed it, she told me I shouldn't have mean donkeys! I just shook my head and walked away.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

Maybe the dog owner didn't realize that pigs bite.

A bit off topic, but reading that sentence brought Old Yeller to mind. Not so much the movie, though I remember that, too. Years ago, back in the mid 60s, I got a series of animal books, Old Yeller, Savage Sam, Beautiful Joe, and some of the Black Stallion series. I read those books over and over. Anyway, for anyone who doesn't remember, Old Yeller was a dog that tangled with a wild pig.

Edited by SRTouch
Wording changed
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Albino said:

I am so freaking jealous of you right now.

You'd love these girls. They are so sweet and loving (unless you're a dog or coyote) and are hilarious. We rescued them from a horrid situation 5 years ago. They're very happy, healthy pasture buddies :)

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

A bit off topic, but reading that sentence brought Old Yeller to mind. Not so much the movie, though I remember that, too. Years ago, back in the mid 60s, I got a series of animal books, Old Yeller, Savage Sam, Beautiful Joe, and some of the Black Stallion series. I read those books over and over. Anyway, for anyone who doesn't remember, Old Yeller was a dog that tackled with a wild pig.

Didn't read Old Yeller but saw the movie as a kid and it scarred me for life LOL.  Oh the tears!   But it prepared me for when I saw "Brian's Song" as an adult. 

To stay on topic - I don't know anything about pigs, but it seems like you'd really have to irritate them to get them riled up.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

You'd love these girls. They are so sweet and loving (unless you're a dog or coyote) and are hilarious. We rescued them from a horrid situation 5 years ago. They're very happy, healthy pasture buddies :)

We have pastures next to and behind our trailer park. When I moved here 7 years ago it was common to hear coyotes at night (actually the reason my outside cat was converted to inside with the rest of the gang.). Then, a couple years ago the people who run cattle on that land put 3 or 4 donkeys in with the cattle... hmmm we don't hear coyotes at night anymore.

• Love 3

She'd be a perfect litigant on JJ because, you guessed it, she told me I shouldn't have mean donkeys!

Well, didn't you ever watch "Shrek?" Donkeys are susposed to be comical cartoon characters and never get irritated. How hard is it to understand that dogs are predators and donkeys are prey?

I envy you your donkeys too, lovesnark. I've always loved the shaggy little devils. How nice you took them from bad conditions and give them a loving home.

I was half watching the pig/dog case and actually yelled at the TV to put down your stupid phone and go get your dog!

No kidding. I thought the pig was being quite patient with the dog and didn't do nearly as much damage as it could have, with 200lbs behind any attack. When was the last time we saw any pet owner on this show who was smart enough to keep an animal, even a fish,  properly?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, augmentedfourth said:

I got super excited when I saw the Great Dane and the pig owners were from Wareham, as one of my best friends is a veterinarian there and it would have been AMAZING if they were his patients. (Or at least the dog, as I think he just handles dogs and cats.) Alas, he had not heard about this, though he was highly entertained by the details of the case. Also, he said nothing about the case really surprised him. Note to self: don't veer too far off the highway when driving through Wareham on the way to the Cape.

Peaked my interest enough to google and see if there was a gofundme account. Hmmm, she acted like she didn't know about gofundme, but Google came up with a Deborah MacLure Capra looking for help with a great dane's vet bills after it was attacked by a dog last Apr - unfortunately that campaign is no longer active, so I didn't get anything more. Nothing about a gofundme dealing with pig biting dog, though. Then someone using her name and website supposedly scammed someone, selling them a $2k puppy but not delivering ... that one was news report saying someone high jacked her site to run the scam, not this Capra woman. Either there are more than 1 Deborah Capras in Wareham with great danes, she IS a scammer like defendant claimed, or she's awfully unlucky.

It does make me wonder what that Animal Control officer traveled out to California to say... too bad JJ didn't let her talk. Bout the only thing that would have helped the defendant was for the AC Officer to say she examined the dog and found no wound, then talked to the vet who denied treating the dog. At the least JJ could have asked why the pig owner wasn't cited when her animal entered plaintiff's yard and caused hundreds of dollars in alleged damages.

• Love 2

she acted like she didn't know about gofundme, but Google came up with a Deborah MacLure Capra looking for help with a great dane's vet bills

Well, isn't that interesting? So the Defendant wasn't lying about that contrary to Deborah's sniffing otherwise. I also believe she wanted to gouge the Defendant for the flea/tick collar, too. It is almost unheard of for an ACO to come to court to testify for an animal accused of an attack but here we have one who did whose reason for coming was never explored by JJ. 

I've come across many dog breeders in my life and 99% of them are dirtbags or evil or a combination of both. Deborah Capra does nothing to change my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Well, isn't that interesting? So the Defendant wasn't lying about that contrary to Deborah's sniffing otherwise. I also believe she wanted to gouge the Defendant for the flea/tick collar, too. It is almost unheard of for an ACO to come to court to testify for an animal accused of an attack but here we have one who did whose reason for coming was never explored by JJ. 

I've come across many dog breeders in my life and 99% of them are dirtbags or evil or a combination of both. Deborah Capra does nothing to change my opinion. 

Well, the google search certainly made me more understanding of why the pig owner might demand to see the vet reports. No question she would be liable for any vet bills having to do with the ? biting the ?. Her whole defense was that the dog owner was padding the bill, and the bite was actually a nonevent. I definitely would have liked to hear from Animal Control and seen a little more time spent examining that vet bill.