Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

There is usually a grace period when you can be reinstated, but that may also include a lapse in coverage - depending on the state.  So if they're into the grace period when they have an accident, the accident is not necessarily covered.

However, I suspect that these folks were AT LEAST 3 days beyond the grace period.  And if you're past the grace period, the company has no obligation to renew your policy. This keeps them from having to keep habitual deadbeats.

I have a pretty understanding insurance company, but back when I was having financial difficulties a few years ago and we were seriously considering bankruptcy, I skated the good nature of the insurance company one too many times.  They sent me a letter telling me I could not go past the grace period anymore, or they'd demand the balance of my policy at once to keep it in effect and would no longer allow me to make payments (we pay quarterly).  Apparently they'd had one too many people who were in at-fault accidents who were skating the grace period, and the company was losing money because they'd be paying out but the customer hadn't paid their bill.  A former co-worker had the same company we did, and got the same notice we did (she was horrible with budgeting), and they cancelled her.

• Love 1

My company always says my policy will be retro active (say if I bought a car last night and got insurance today), but I have never paid late and have been using them for almost 15 years. Although the last car we purchased we weren't allowed to leave without the insurance info.

Because everyone's car insurance expired 3 days before.

That's not true! Some of them expired the very day of the accident, mere hours priorly!

ETA The plaintiff in the sugar in gas tank case was a man right?

Oh, good. I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

I am going to need each of you to explain how you got sexual stuff from the cup of sugar comment?

I didn't want to ask, but yeah - we need to know.

Another insomniac on board? Welcome! We're all really very nice people here. Honestly, we are.

• Love 4
My company always says my policy will be retro active (say if I bought a car last night and got insurance today), but I have never paid late and have been using them for almost 15 years. Although the last car we purchased we weren't allowed to leave without the insurance info.

A new vehicle is automatically covered by your existing policy for a grace period (15 days?).  However, I always make a point of calling my insurer "I am on my way to the dealership, where I will be trading Vehicle X for Vehicle Y.   Please update my coverage accordingly, and fax a copy of the insurance card so it is waiting for me when I arrive."  I want it on the record that my old vehicle is no longer covered and my new one is.   And the dealership doesn't want you driving away in a vehicle that may still be registered in their name (until you get to DMV to change registration) without proof that you have insured it.   
  • Love 1

Its hard for me to know if we all get the same episodes, makes it difficult for us all to play together nicely. Anyway, the one with the 3 room mates and the illegally-rented room, the girl had lime green hair?  Oh the pearl clutching when it was mildly suggested that they did drugs.  The horror of it all!  And lime green was blithering about some whiteboard upon which she had written something that shouldn't have been seen but was because Defendant barged into their room. What did she write on it, "Judge Judy sucks?"

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1

Okay, my explanation for the paper cup:  The woman (a) discovered her boyfriend in a compromising position with woman (b) in woman (a's) home.

I was picturing, for delicacy-purposes, that it was like the old dick-in-the-popcorn-box-at-the-movies trick, just to hide it from woman (a).

*blush*

• Love 3

Dontray, you go! Even if someone saw you, even if someone got your license plate number, you didn't do nuthin'! it's all lies and conspiracies! Stick to that story. Car insurance? Who needs that? Right, Mom?

Dontray is one big ball of hot mess there. He only had permission TO DRIVE AN UNINSURED CAR to WORK (guess picking your GF up at HER work counts as WORK too). 

Misteeeee and her multicolored hair just gave us all a lesson on how to retaliate via sugar in the gas tank (and I missed the innuendo there, all I can think of is the perpetual stripper song "Pour Some Sugar on Meeeeeeeeeeh")  She looked like she had the remains of a lost parrot in her ears. And the plaintiff looked like the most tired person ever. Keeping her head upright was exhausting. 

On behalf of the Welcome Wagon for our jolly little group, "Welcome, Welcome" (any Roseanne fans will get this lol) to our newest Insomniac. We are all waiting for our tax refunds to be able to pay for our Las Vegas trip (although I hear some of you are cashing in your pension plans - can you borrow me a few bucks and I can let you put my grandchild on your tax return) 

And in true WTH style - we had a fricking tornado here yesterday. But when I returned home from work, my full episode of JJ was on my DVR without any missing dialogue or scenery. Hooray!

• Love 5

Okay, I am going to need each of you to explain how you got sexual stuff from the cup of sugar comment? What the hell do you guys do in bed?

Thank u stewedsquash, I thought I was just behind the sexual times.  lol

Okay, my explanation for the paper cup:  The woman (a) discovered her boyfriend in a compromising position with woman (b) in woman (a's) home.

I was picturing, for delicacy-purposes, that it was like the old dick-in-the-popcorn-box-at-the-movies trick, just to hide it from woman (a).

*blush*

Oh my!!  Never, ever, heard of this!!

• Love 1

You all might not need to know this, but homeowners insurance covers things like sugar in a gas tank.  My kids did this to a neighbor and our homeowners insurance paid for the repair.  It also paid for a window broken by a slingshot, and for superglue in doors at the school.

Little heathens!  They're adults now and quite law-abiding.

• Love 3

Oh my!!  Never, ever, heard of this!!

Gasp!  This means you've never seen "Diner"...you must remedy this at once.  :)

My husband refers to it as "popcorn surprise"...he has the mentality of a 12-year-old.  [Though I think it's the 'official name'.]

• Love 2

You all might not need to know this, but homeowners insurance covers things like sugar in a gas tank.  My kids did this to a neighbor and our homeowners insurance paid for the repair.  It also paid for a window broken by a slingshot, and for superglue in doors at the school.

Little heathens!  They're adults now and quite law-abiding.

Nah, but better at not getting caught ;-)
  • Love 3

Do the JJ researchers have some sort of search engine in which they can type, "Cases where the car insurance expired 3 days before the accident?"  Because everyone's car insurance expired 3 days before.  I thought if you paid within like the month or the week the insurance is still good? 

I chalk that up to the "Two Drinks" rule.  As in never copping to having more than two drinks, even if you admit to being at the bar/party for 7 or 8 hours.  In the same category as literally being on the way to the insurance office to pay one's premium when the accident occurred.

• Love 5

They will be exactly like they are right now when they get out of school. Jeez I hate stupid, dim witted, unintelligent half wits.

Now, aren't you being a little hard on the stupid, dim witted, unintelligent half wits populating this show? After all, jeering at them is what makes watching so much fun. Actually I know what you mean. When litigants start talking and astonishing, mind-boggling stupidity and/or horrific grammar comes out of their mouths, I now sometimes think, "Oh, piss off!" and have to change the channel.

*blush*

Haha! Thanks. And no need for blushing around here, where we heard about two giant-sized hospital workers fingering each other during their lunch break. Oh, damn! I had to think of that when I'm all out of Gravol.

• Love 2

Gasp!  This means you've never seen "Diner"...you must remedy this at once.  :)

I wouldn't bore you with the movies I haven't seen.  I have a long list of actors (male and female), directors and topics that I won't watch so my movie knowledge is narrow.

• Love 1

I chalk that up to the "Two Drinks" rule.  As in never copping to having more than two drinks, even if you admit to being at the bar/party for 7 or 8 hours.  In the same category as literally being on the way to the insurance office to pay one's premium when the accident occurred.

One of my instructors in court reporting school told us that when "Were you wearing your seat belt at the time of the accident?" is asked, the answer is always an emphatic "Yes". He also said a lot of people would even claim they didn't have the radio on while driving. Sure enough, I've had exactly one case over the years where the claimant admitted she hadn't been wearing her seat belt, and that's because she was parked at the time and someone backed into her. (And obviously, she was injured, because she was turned around in the driver's seat so she could talk to her 16-year-old pregnant daughter? step-daughter? son's girlfriend? who was in the backseat. Fun times!)

• Love 2

AngelaHunter,

where we heard about two giant-sized hospital workers fingering each other during their lunch break. Oh, damn! I had to think of that when I'm all out of Gravol.

BLERK!!  I never saw that one, thank goodness!

• Love 2

I loved the hipster duo!  She of the green braids went "DRUGS?  US?  No WAY!  WHATEVER."  I was rolling!

ETA: She also made a gloriously horrible face at JJ while saying that.

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 2

And Judge Judy made the same face back at her.  I fell off my chair laughing.

What do you guys think of the POS in today's rerun that had no money and wanted a big wedding and large engagement ring and then canceled the wedding via text message.  I absolutely hated him.  Besides you could smell the desperation on the woman right through the TV screen.

• Love 7

She also made a gloriously horrible face at JJ while saying that.

Which JJ, to my delight, imitated.

Wasn't the sexual act that starts with "c" and ends with "lingus" also involved?

Yes. And someone please just shoot me NOW. *gag* That was one of the most disgusting cases ever and I remember thinking, "I hope those vile, filthy beasts at least washed their hands before touching patients," but I had a feeling that wish was in vain.

I never saw that one, thank goodness!

You're lucky. What has been seen, etc. :-(

• Love 1

I'm guessing today's episode was another rerun, but I don't remember seeing it before. The usual - a desperate woman takes in a freeloading man. He had no credit, no money, so she moved him in after two weeks of dating and planned for a wedding to take place four weeks later. Plaintiff Ms. Dang put everything for her lavish wedding, along with her non-refundable $8K engagement ring, on her credit card. Defendant Mr. Thornton kept repeating that he was/is broke, but JJ seemed to not be able to believe that some women are so handicapped by desperation that they bankroll men who plainly state that they're broke (money broke, but issues rich). If JJ needs another example of this phenomenon, I will introduce her to my mother. Anyway, Mr. Thornton dumped Ms. Dang by text, and JJ dumped the case because there were no winners here---they were both losers.

Oh wait -- I think I might remember the second case, with the methface-looking brother whose kids drew all over the walls of his sister's house. That guy grossed me out, and he needed to shut up about the ruined walls being "artwork." What an a-hole.

The next episode featured bizarro plaintiffs -- a man with a chin-beard that looked more like unkempt privates and a woman with Kool-Aid red hair, low eyebrows, a chest tat, and dead eyes. The man claimed that he and Red weren't financially well-off and skipped out on 1-2 months of rent. However, he presented a receipt for a $499 man's ring that he claimed had been stolen. I'm not saying that he can't have nice things (a better suit and a salon trip for him and his lady would have been a good start), but isn't it possible to get a nice wedding band for a much lower price? I think this was a fishy story. JJ believed that the apartment's maintenance man stole the rings and left other valuables like the XBox and games because the rings would fit into a pocket. Personally, I wonder if the litigants lied about the ring being gone and framed the maintenance man. They knew about the maintenance man being there while they weren't in the apartment. They didn't say the gaming systems were stolen because those dolts wanted to keep playing with their toys out in the open, where the landlord might see.

The last case was dismissed quickly -- it was about some wiring and fire. JJ gave them advice on the right way to proceed with a real court case.

• Love 4

Presumably, your insurer covered it because they were young enough not to be charged with a crime (gas tank, superglued doors) and the broken window was truly an accident.  Your homeowner's insurance will NOT cover a deliberate or criminal act.  So all the JJ litigants wouldn't be covered. 

Who am I kidding?  These people don't have car insurance, they certainly don't have any type of "home insurance" while they couch surf with their assorted Baby Mamas and Daddies.

• Love 6

I don't know if I believe the stolen rings case.  ("Unkempt privates" - perfect description.)  I kinda do -- it happens.  Mom noticed diamond earrings missing after a plumber did some work in her bathroom.  JJ would have scowled and asked "Why were the earrings in your bathroom?"  

Plaintiff said he still owed $1168 for the rings and that's what JJ gave him.  Any bets on whether the guy pays for the stolen set? 

• Love 5

Okay, I'm going to say a few things but I'm too lazy to go back and quote it all. 

Cuitlahuac is an Aztec rulers name.  When they showed the guys name, Mr. Khyber went "what the hell kind of name is that'?  I guessed that is was a Mexican or central American native type of name. So I looked it up and score one for me.

The lady who had" half a parrot" stuck in her hair, please don't insult my parrot by claiming any connection to that fool.

Yeah, its a shame that lying liars who lie get off without paying cuz the show does it but I once won a small claims suit and after writing me a bad check the guy closed his account and nothing was ever in his name again. He used his wife and other family members to do business. So I would have been happy to have a show pay me.

As for morons who have a college degree.... my cousin's son has a degree (not sure in what) and his dream was to be  a phys ed teacher/coach.  He took and repeatedly failed the teaching credentials test. Then he took the simplest version possible (maybe for elementary school) and flunked that repeatedly. But he has a BA .  When I was young, those type of people usually flunked out.

• Love 4

As for morons who have a college degree.... my cousin's son has a degree (not sure in what) and his dream was to be  a phys ed teacher/coach.  He took and repeatedly failed the teaching credentials test. Then he took the simplest version possible (maybe for elementary school) and flunked that repeatedly. But he has a BA .  When I was young, those type of people usually flunked out.

Yep.  Nothing against the young folks -- our schools are failing -- but I'll bet that 90% of my HS class (1963) were as well-educated as 90% of most current college grads.  And a hundred years ago, 90% of 8th graders were probably better educated than my HS class.  Awhile back I read a biography of someone who couldn't get into college in the 1880's because he didn't have enough Latin and Greek.  Of course those standards might have been intended to keep the riff-raff out, so I guess there's a balance now.

A distant family member with a BA and some advanced credits showed me a job app she'd filled out.  One question was "How many hours a week can you work?" and her answer was "Depends on the job." 

One thing that bugged me about the stolen rings case was that the maintenance guy was taking an awful chance.  He had no reason to be in the apartment, and he must have been in there for awhile.  Also, a theft of over $1,000 should have warranted a police report. 

• Love 4

Defendant Mr. Thornton kept repeating that he was/is broke, but JJ seemed to not be able to believe that some women are so handicapped by desperation that they bankroll men who plainly state that they're broke (money broke, but issues rich).

"Handicapped by desperation." I don't think I've heard it put so well before. The chinless loser also had filed bankruptcy, but Ms.Dang didn't let that little detail divert her from her "lavish wedding." I hope she enjoys her 8K wedding ring set.

Awhile back I read a biography of someone who couldn't get into college in the 1880's because he didn't have enough Latin and Greek.

Now we have college students, like those today, who can't speak basic English; "Me and him were... "

For some reason, I started laughing hysterically at the Trailer Trash repeat. Male plaintiff, cross-eyed and looking as though he were masked for Halloween, kept elbowing his nasty, belligerent bitch, whose face looked just like an angry bulldog's. Her weeping in the hall - "That trailer had a HOLE in it! Boo hoo!" After seeing a picture of it, I'm surprised anyone would notice something as minor as a hole. After all the sick-making, sordid shit we've seen lately here, this case just made me laugh and laugh to the point of tears.

woman with Kool-Aid red hair, low eyebrows, a chest tat, and dead eyes.

Oh, god. The love child of Ronald McDonald and Miss Piggy!

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

Every carrier I've worked with will reinstate retroactively unless you've had a claim. They require a no-loss letter in order to reinstate. I am sure that if you did have a claim during that grace period, you'd have a hard time getting the carrier to pay. And they'd be right since technically you weren't covered.

I've had clients who play that cancel notice/reinstatement game every single month. Then they act surprised when they get non-renewed because the carrier is sick of their shit. I've also had carriers tell clients that if they want to continue having coverage they need to switch to EFT billing.

Those are also the clients who are the most labor-intensive, nasty, and demanding. Does that sound like any court show litigants you've seen?

• Love 3

" ... woman with Kool-Aid red hair, low eyebrows, a chest tat, and dead eyes."

"The love child of Ronald McDonald and Miss Piggy!"

I'm in a surgery waiting room and just laughed out loud. Totally inappropriate of me, but that's the funniest thing I've read in a while!

• Love 4

Ms. Dang wanted a 17k wedding on a 40k salary.  Then she wanted Judge Judy to take her side.  What an idiot.

I think that also plays into what sometimes seems like she's being "two-faced" in her decisions. I used to wonder (and sometimes it irked me) why she'd toss/dismiss cases where it was clear there WAS a loan agreement  (as opposed to the loan/gift BS) and the def refused to pay up. I've decided it goes back to the "what an idiot" argument. If the plaintiff enters a loan agreement with someone with no job, no money, and no assets, then the plaintiff is an idiot to expect payment back.  Shouldn't have agreed in the first place! Yeah, the show could have paid, but that's almost like rewarding dumb behavior. And would probably unleash a stampede of similar cases. Free money!

Kind of the same thing here. Her heart was broken (after a month? What was she? A former Bachelor contestant?!) and the guy was a jerk, but that isn't a violation of any legal code. Nor is it a crime to be an idiot. My mouth fell open when I heard the numbers. Yeah, like spending close to 50% of your total income on ANYTHING is a good plan. Any bets on the top-notch electronics, jewelry, shoes, kitchen products she has? Hope her kids have saved up for her retirement, because I doubt she has.  /soapbox

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 4

Yeah, its a shame that lying liars who lie get off without paying cuz the show does it but I once won a small claims suit and after writing me a bad check the guy closed his account and nothing was ever in his name again. He used his wife and other family members to do business. So I would have been happy to have a show pay me.

I was owed several thousand dollars by my Ex. I got a judgement. He wouldn't pay. I attached his wages. He quit his job. I tried to attach his bank account but he closed it. I wished I had gone to JJ because even though he could have trashed me in the hallterview from now until Sunday, I would have gotten my money. 

Oh Lordie, the lament of the women with the misunderstood financially strapped fiances. How many times have we seen this? With different variations?  It's like those "choose your own adventure" stories - let's see he got 1) laid off, 2) fired from his job for no good reason 3) applied for disability for stubbing his toe, 4) got a DWI but really wasn't drunk the cops are against him . . then he owes money for 1) child support, 2) bail and restitution 3) prior rent 4) paying off his big screen TV from Rent-A-Center, 5) getting his car out of impound. . . then he 1) agrees to pay it back but disappears and stops answering his phone calls/ texts, 2) says he never agreed to pay it back, 3) they are "playing house" and he's given her money for "household bills, etc", 4) paid her back by painting her house or fixing her sink. There's always some evil reason why he can't pay - 1) evil ex-wife, 2) a pile of chillun who he now says aren't his, 3) he works under the table and doesn't want the gov't to know he's making moolah, 4) perpetually looking for work while sponging of anyone spongeable. 

• Love 11

Ha!  I guess when we are back to only boring reruns we should start a MadLibs thread! hee!  We have some real sickos around here (AngelaHunter, we are ALL lookin' at you!) Our stories would be awesome.

I'm really getting out of the house today.  I mean it.  Seriously.

• Love 1
 today's rerun that had no money and wanted a big wedding and large engagement ring and then canceled the wedding via text message.  I absolutely hated him.  Besides you could smell the desperation on the woman right through the TV screen.

I was cringing during that whole thing because I went through a version of that.  I was 26 and my fiance was 40.  He had one bankruptcy and was paying a lot to child support.He told me he wanted me to have a big rock "So he could show the world I was his."  EXACT SAME WORDS.  This was in the 80's, I got a one carat ring with baguettes custom made, don't remember the price ($2-3,000) but he put down the down payment of $500 and I paid the rest when my student loan came in.  Yes student loan!  When we broke up (his doing) he told me I could go ahead and keep the ring.  HA!

Am I the only one who doesn't think it's worth $17,000 to be Princess for a Day? I truly don't know what he said and what she thought/wanted to hear him say

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 7

WhineandCheez - that's scary. It must have been surreal, watching a reenactment of "The Broke-Ass Loser and Me." Even scarier would be if you had married him and had a bunch of kids with him.

We have some real sickos around here (AngelaHunter, we are ALL lookin' at you!)

Wait. I'M a sicko? Au contraire, after all the JJ eps I've watched, I now feel righteous, upstanding, responsible, productive, honest and pure as the driven snow. I've never even offered sexual favours in return for a Lazyboy, so give me a break.

• Love 12

For the sake of humanity, I really hope one of today's rerun cases was a fake. The case was about guys partying in a loft/hangout called Catsylvania who get into a fight and start throwing cat litter at each other. One guy flatly stated, "I ate the cat litter." There was even a video that presented a preponderance of evidence: All litigants were weirdos.

• Love 3

That sounds like the Hipster Boston DJs from a couple of seasons back.  If it is indeed that case, we all thought at the time that it was a phony case.  Like the TV-Throwing, Cat-Killing Baltimore Hipsters and the Time-Traveling/Underwear-Stealing Hipster Brooklyn Lesbians case.

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 3

Am I the only one who doesn't think it's worth $17,000 to be Princess for a Day? I truly don't know what he said and what she thought/wanted to hear him say

Nope.  We got married on a  budget.  Got friends to donate services and items as their gift, or at their cost as their gift.  Went as cheaply as we could since my parents hadn't even begun to pay for my college education at that point (I had just graduated).  At one point, my late MIL was being so difficult that my mother said she'd write me a check and we should just elope, lol.

• Love 2

I remember today's first case (rerun)....an entertaining, messy story. Plaintiff Paris Scott threw a tanty while staying at the Ramada for her birthday, and defendant Sharmada Clinkscales upped it by beating the TV with a bottle of JD and ripping a phone off the wall. At first, they were having a good time, "a beautiful breakfast," and a swim in the pool. Then, her boyfriend/not boyfriend/someone she "talks to" Sharmada Clinkscales wanted them to go to a bar to watch sports. Paris had zero interest in that -- her hair was wet, and Sharmada obviously doesn't respect ladies' hair issues. (Paris did have a cute, natural style.) JJ explained that she knows all about ladies who are a drag at sports bars. It's not all about the sports bar, though -- Paris discovered amorous texts and pics in his phone and went berserk. After that factoid was revealed, Paris started changing her story, and JJ got annoyed.

The second case was about a Red Hat Club lady who tried to play stupid about an overstuffed basement daycare in Philly. The defendant was supposedly a pastor, but she seemed more like someone who sends emails about her kidnapped uncle who is a Nigerian prince.

New episode -- Plaintiff Mr. West is a gun-carrying security guard suing defendant Mr. Smith, a shooting instructor. Mr. West claimed that he kept chasing Mr. Smith to schedule a testing. Mr. Smith said he was available, but Mr. West always had an excuse for not making an appointment. That case was a snooze.

2nd case - Plaintiff Donna Walker is suing an ex-boyfriend for an unpaid loan of $1600. The ex-boyfriend, Stanley Curtis, is countersuing for harassment and legal fees in his divorce. I thought this case was going to make up for the boring first case. It involved regular trips to a pool hall, a weekly offering of $50 for cigs and gas, side-chick disclosing the affair to the wife. But no, this case was pretty boring too.

• Love 2

Yeah, today's new cases were a bore.  I was tickled that Mr. West answered "Absolutely" to JJ's questions, even when an "Absolutely" put him in the wrong.

Also tickled that JJ called out Ms. Walker for playing pool while on work comp after hand surgery.  Walker tried to say that stretching her arms was good therapy.  "I also have fibromyalgia." 

Years ago, I worked for work comp lawyers, on the workers' side.  One client who'd had shoulder surgery was seen by her employer's lawyer -- doing the butterfly stroke at a swim meet.  She got paid though -- her doctor said it was good therapy.

• Love 5

New episode -- Plaintiff Mr. West is a gun-carrying security guard suing defendant Mr. Smith, a shooting instructor. Mr. West claimed that he kept chasing Mr. Smith to schedule a testing. Mr. Smith said he was available, but Mr. West always had an excuse for not making an appointment. That case was a snooze.

Absolutely (a snooze)

2nd case - Plaintiff Donna Walker is suing an ex-boyfriend for an unpaid loan of $1600. The ex-boyfriend, Stanley Curtis, is countersuing for harassment and legal fees in his divorce. I thought this case was going to make up for the boring first case. It involved regular trips to a pool hall, a weekly offering of $50 for cigs and gas, side-chick disclosing the affair to the wife. But no, this case was pretty boring too.

Funniest part was countersuit. Plaintiff tattled on cheating husband to defendent's wife, so he thinks she should pay for his divorce attorney. JJ asks if what she told wifey was true, and he admits it was. Defendant couldn't believe JJ dismissed the countersuit.
  • Love 4

CoolWhipLite, you forgot the best part!  "We weren't dating."  "We bathed together in the shower. We were together the whole time."  How many times did she say they were a'washin'??   SRTouch is right - the countersuit was a hoot. ha!

• Love 5

Sharmada Clinkscales

Love it. The next time someone makes a movie about a dragon, I'm going to petition that its name be Sharmada Clinkscales!

And ummm... yeah. I've never taken a bath with one of my friends, but as we used to say - different strokes for different folks.

Also tickled that JJ called out Ms. Walker for playing pool while on work comp after hand surgery.  Walker tried to say that stretching her arms was good therapy.

When I needed therapy my stupid doctor told me to go to a physical therapist and not a pool hall. What a party pooper he was. Physio wasn't nearly as much fun.

• Love 2

She had already been married once before, so it wasn't like this was her first marriage. She said something like it was going to be her last wedding...so by all means, blow half of your income on it!

The husband and I got married at a courthouse and it was just as legal. Seriously, I don't get it.

Also, I didn't get how he had credit card debt AND a bankruptcy. Isn't it one or the other? And then he couldn't get a credit card at all for the ring. Color me confused.

Edited by stephinmn
  • Love 4

Also, I didn't get how he had credit card debt AND a bankruptcy. Isn't it one or the other? And then he couldn't get a credit card at all for the ring. Color me confused.

Allow me ... Had a friend who worked with bankruptcy attorney who explained their repeat clients.  Shortly after filing bankruptcy (not sure how long) a person becomes eligible for high interest, low limit card credit cards.  Once they establish a good payment history with these cards, they can get lower interest, larger limit cards, and surprise they don't/can't keep up the payments and the cycle starts again. 

Edited by momtoall
  • Love 7