Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

@ZoloftBlob that's my thing... did I make the best decisions when I was their age... no probably not. In fact I'm 35 and just made an extremely bad decision last week (I quit my job without having another one lined up, I know irresponsible)  BUT my point is they can't proclaim themselves experts on everything, tell others how they should live their lives and outwardly judge those who don't decide like them... but yet expect to be treated with kid gloves themselves. 

Also, my opinion on the instagram thing, if they were doing it just to save the name from being used by some creep fan fiction account, it's odd, but I guess it's something you have to think about when a kid is on tv nowadays, but I think it's really weird to actively use it.

Edited by leighroda
  • Love 7

@leighroda I totally agree, we all make bad decisions. Our bad decisions just aren't dismissed as the actions of innocent babies.

BUT my point is they can't proclaim themselves experts on everything, tell others how they should live their lives and outwardly judge those who don't decide like them... but yet expect to be treated with kid gloves themselves. 

This. Jeremy, for example, as a 26 year old adult man, has publically stated he believes its not awkward or difficult to tell your opposite sex boss that you must be chaperoned in all meetings. He was rudely dismissive over any suggestion that he was not correct. Since Jeremy is a man, and actively portraying himself as a marital counselor/member of a ministry - they do call the marital website a ministry - he's not a peepants baby boy sucking his thumb saying "I's a marital counselor! Pay 'ttention! Gimme money!" - he needs to handle the reality that while some people find his philosophy of "never trust your spouse alone" (which is what it amounts to) delightful, some people find it to be sexist and assholeish. Auj needs to learn this as well.

Because they aren't children anymore. They're openly judging others. If they're old enough to smarm on camera how people should stay married because they should "fix it!" then they are old enough to hear that their advice is hurtful. And they are way too old to get the "young and dumb" excuse. Lots of people are judged for the dumb shit that they say and do as mid twenties adults. I have yet to see any valid reason as to why Jer and Auj are still considered too young to own their stupid shit.

And I find the social media set up for Ember odd because Jer and Auj have expressly gotten on their high horses about how social media is very bad (even though their entire non show income apparently relies on social media) and how people should be out living their lives. But we have them using social media to "dispense their message", we have Jeremy using social media to shame people for using social media, we have Audrey charging people for her weekly texted religious devotionals... and we have them registering their newborn child for the hated social media almost as soon as the baby is born. I mean, is there any doubt in anyone's mind that Ember Jean Roloff is going to be Mommy Auj's and Daddy Jeremy's shining little star on the internetz?

And who wants to bet they'll continue to insist how they HATE social media?

• Love 13
1 minute ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Naw, Auj was on instastory yesterday complaining that she's had 7 hours of sleep in 6 days...

She looked great for 7hrs in 6 days. I had big bags under my eyes, stress breakouts, and dried spit up in my hair. But, I also wasn't posing for a camera...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Naw, Auj was on instastory yesterday complaining that she's had 7 hours of sleep in 6 days...

That sounds like a bit on an exaggeration. After all, isn't Jer right there to help (while reading his book, of course).

• Love 1

Knowing their (in)ability to explain basic math concepts (the baby did not weigh 7:13; she weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces), I think what Auj is probably trying to say she's only had 7 hours of sleep per night for the last 6 days.  She probably already has a night nanny to handle those inconvenient 2:00 feedings.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Knowing their (in)ability to explain basic math concepts (the baby did not weigh 7:13; she weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces), I think what Auj is probably trying to say she's only had 7 hours of sleep per night for the last 6 days.  She probably already has a night nanny to handle those inconvenient 2:00 feedings.

Seven hours a night of sleep for a new mother is a fantastic amount of sleep...

• Love 7

Do you think maybe they will decide Amy might be of some value as a grandmother after all? Maybe they will be willing to overlook her great sin of not preventing Matt divorcing her if she will rock that baby while they sleep.  

Yes, parenting a newborn is hard. Didn't they just watch Zach and Tori? Tori had a c-section, and still didn't complain as much as these two. 

• Love 7

There is no possible way a new parent is getting 7 hours of sleep per night! Our midwives had me on an every-two-hour feeding schedule with my daughter (with one four-hour break in the middle of the night--gee thanks!) and it's not like you're just sleeping through the entire two "off" hours you have. And even if my feeding schedule was robust, the baby herself has her own ideas about your schedule. 

She either meant seven hours scattered over the course of any given 24 hour period, seven hours total (though this seems unlikely--that is very, very little sleep, even with a newborn), or she just picked a number at random because she's tired and/or a big drama queen. Either way, I'm not going to snark on anyone's bitching about lack of sleep with a newborn. Those first three months were so horribly, tortuously exhausting that, in conjunction with 36 hours of laboring that I never, ever want to experience again, my husband and I decided that our daughter would be our only biological child. Having a baby is tough. People never tell you how tough it can actually be. 

• Love 3
On 9/17/2017 at 11:11 AM, ZoloftBlob said:

This. Jeremy, for example, as a 26 year old adult man

Correction, a 27 year old man. You're very generous with the word 'man'. Man-child. Man-cub, 27 yr old with Peter Pan syndrome     

Anyone else notice the absent of all of Jeremy's family. I didn't even notice a congratulatory tweet, instagram post, etc. they've been vacationing and all enjoying baby Jackson. Not even Matt seems to have made too much of a to do about it.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Claire1745 said:

Correction, a 27 year old man. You're very generous with the word 'man'. Man-child. Man-cub, 27 yr old with Peter Pan syndrome     

Anyone else notice the absent of all of Jeremy's family. I didn't even notice a congratulatory tweet, instagram post, etc. they've been vacationing and all enjoying baby Jackson. Not even Matt seems to have made too much of a to do about it.

Gee, Audrey talking smack about Jeremy's family didn't go over very well. Who's surprised by that?

• Love 10

It's getting to the point where the pretending ain't gonna cut it....how will TLC handle this family fall out.  

I personally would watch hours of Jacob talking about the hypocrisy of his brother and sister in law (aka hippy god bothers) with cute baby Jackson sitting on his lap!

Get on it TLC!!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Very weird, radio silence from all the Roloffs.  It's like Audrey and Jeremy adopted a pet fish.  I guess they got what they wanted.

Auj posted this Instagram story yesterday. She is apparently suffering from mastitis. 

I've never had a baby so I've never breastfed but from what I've read it's a fairly common issue that usually resolves itself with continued breast feeding. That's not to say it isn't painful.

image.png

• Love 1

Yep.  I'd assumed we would be treated to some sort of presentation regarding her breastfeeding, whether it be her having difficulty (apparently the case given that post), or her being the best breastfeeder there ever was complete with daily photos. 

• Love 1

Yes, it's miserable, yet recoverable.

I kind of feel badly for Ember, given the (what seems like) lack of excitement. I wonder if they've imposed restrictions & that's what this family silence is about. If so & it's a maintaining control thing, with the way they usually are I would expect an explosion of pictures, full birth story, mastitis recovery story, etc, coming soon.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Yeah, I've assumed that the lock down on pictures etc is production driven and that we're going to see a blitz soon.

Do you think it's producer drive or Audrey/jeremy driven?  I tend to think the parents are driving this.  Their baby is not that special... I mean it's a baby, yes.  But Jackson is a LP.  Ember is a regular baby.  What is interesting about that?

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Yeah, I've assumed that the lock down on pictures etc is production driven and that we're going to see a blitz soon.

One of the first internet stories about Ember said something like, "Jeremy's rep confirms that their baby has been born." I thought it odd at the time that the "rep" was even mentioned. So it could be the couple that is controlling the story. I'm sure they have contract(s) with various outlets.

• Love 1

Jellybeans - I think its driven a bit by both. I think production is ever present and probably had some rules etc because they're likely filming. I also think Jer and Auj are holding back for a variety of reasons - better offers/branding/displaying Ember in their new product line. When and if they don't get much attention, they will declare that they intentionally kept the baby from media attention because they're such awesome parents, they didn't want to encourage the public with photos. Personally, I also suspect that it really is second grandchild syndrome (no one cares, its not the first) and little bit of possible family pique as well = Auj clearly doesn't like Jeremy's family being around so now that she's got a screaming baby and mastitis, she's getting her wish - she and Jer can rely on the Bottis since the Roloffs are just "former family" to Jer and Auj.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Jeremy is still whining about his first world problems. His espresso maker is not making espresso right. Its a Breville Barista Express model - they sell on Amazon for 529.00 or so. How awful!

LOL. I thought your original post about the espresso machine was a coded message that Audrey was having problems with breast-feeding. 

• Love 1

Well sure. Who doesn't stage elaborate photo shoots of their child with flower crowns and petals? 

You'll forgive me if I am not especially sympathetic to Audrey and Jer's tiredness. Its not like they have to go to work after getting just a few hours of sleep and they clearly do have the time and money for an elaborate photo shoot of their child...

• Love 18

No doubt one of the poses for the photo shoot will be the popular one where the baby is folded over in half with its chin resting in its hands.  It seems like everyone I've known who has had a kid in the past 5 years manipulates it into that pose for its newborn photo shoot. 

So I've been snooping around her Instagram likes again.  This one popped up this morning: "Why can't you post pictures of her?  Is it because of the show?  If that's the reason that's pretty dumb considering it's your baby and not theirs."  To my knowledge, Oddj hasn't made any statement that she cannot post pics of Ember- she just hasn't posted any since that first one.  But I think it's interesting that once again she is liking a comment where someone was being critical of TLC.  So that seems to imply that TLC is asking them to not post additional photos. If so, how pathetic that they are allowing a reality tv show to dictate how they share info about their child!  Seriously, if they don't like it maybe they should go out and get REAL JOBS so they aren't under TLC's control ?  Tori and Zach don't seem to have any problems posting photos of Jackson, but then again I guess he has already been revealed on the show. 

• Love 2

Absolom - I just feel bad for the kid, in that I have a feeling that no matter how adorable the baby is, she's always going to be girl and not a son, and the parents are always going to push looks over anything else. As for the lack of photos... to a point I tend to be "who cares" because they are OBVIOUSLY being told by TLC production/whatever to not post pictures of the child. The reason its OBVIOUS? Because these two constantly post pictures of themselves all of the time. And katydid, I absolutely agree. If the terms of their show employment are bothering them so, then these grown ups need to actually get real jobs... where they will be free to post however many pictures of their child they want. Boo hoo, they don't work and have a a half a million dollar house and we should all be crying that they are restricted from posting pictures of the baby. Good lord, first world problems...

• Love 2

Came across this

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/audrey-roloff-mastitis-142185

What struck me was this quote - "The symptoms are flu-like, which can drain a new mom — especially Audrey, who had previously complained about only getting about seven hours of sleep since Ember was born."

Really? "Especially" Audrey?  The only new mom EVER to go through such a challenge AND be sleep deprived... yeah okay. I could tell her some stories but I won't go there because REAL world problems would blow their minds.

• Love 16

I really don't care if they can post photos of the baby or not based on their contract, but surely their contract isn't stricter than Zach and Tori's.  What they absolutely can control is not posting the ridiculous "tease" photos.

• Love 3

Absolom, unfortunately these two live in a bubble where they probably genuinely believe they are being totally adorable in their "hee hee hee we can't show you the baby but.... heeheehee ain't we adorbs??" cluelessness. I mean, anyone who chides them is deemed "a hater" so essentially anyone who comments that it's rude is actually the rude one.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Came across this

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/audrey-roloff-mastitis-142185

What struck me was this quote - "The symptoms are flu-like, which can drain a new mom — especially Audrey, who had previously complained about only getting about seven hours of sleep since Ember was born."

Really? "Especially" Audrey?  The only new mom EVER to go through such a challenge AND be sleep deprived... yeah okay. I could tell her some stories but I won't go there because REAL world problems would blow their minds.

The "especially Audrey" is not surprising as that is a site that gushes over semi-celebrities. Another quote, "Her faithful husband Jeremy is by her side . . ." 

What is more interesting is that this article was posted earlier today and received tons of negative comments. It was then removed. Now it is back without the comments. 

• Love 4