Type keyword(s) to search

S23: Maureen McCormick: It's Marcia On The Dance Floor!

• Start Topic

Maureen Denise McCormick is an American actress, recording artist and author. She is widely known for her portrayal of Marcia Brady on the ABC television sitcom The Brady Bunch, on which she starred from 1969 to 1974.

MV5BNDg5MDg0ODI0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzQ1OTQ1__V1_UY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

On 8/30/2016 at 9:21 PM, RemoteControl88 said:

I just finished watching the "soundbite" dwts interviews.  She and Artem have such a sweet dynamic with each other.  She was not really on my radar at first but I'm now looking forward to this partnership.

OMG just saw that. She is so emotional, open and sweet... complete 180 for Artem from last year. I love their chemistry already and it's so different from any other chemistry I've seen before, between any of the couples. It's like... soul chemistry. They just met and she already trusts him completely. Don't worry, Maureen, Artem will not let you down.

It will be a beautiful couple, I can feel it. Can't wait!

• Love 1

I really,really, really wanted to love Mauren McCormick (I'm 52 & was a fan of BB) but she was acting so bizarre & out there. Her face looked great but the neck looks awful. Of course, she's 60 what do you expect?! She looked a little scared so maybe she'll get better. She ain't gonna win or make the Final 4....................maybe the Top 10? 

59 minutes ago, bantering said:

Oh good, now I don't feel so bad for thinking this...

We're at least a group of three, the hands on the cheeks and all the hyperventilating just made me hit the ffwd button.

• Love 3

Think the fact that both older women reacted exactly the same was fairly genuine to be honest. Their both fans of the show, I'd be the same if I was in there having just done my first chance. Rather someone like her than someone who doesn't want to be there.

• Love 4

I haven't seriously watched DWTS in several seasons - the dancing styles have definitely changed!  Anyway, I tuned in briefly last night and caught a few dances, Maureen's was one.  Ummm . . . is she married in real life?  Just wonderin' cuz, I swear she leaned in to kiss her partner ON THE LIPS more than once after their dance.  Just wonderin' . . . . Am I the only one who caught this???

I did kind of wonder what her husband things of all the gushing she does over Artem. She acts like Artem is the one giving her a new lease on life that she hasn't seen in all of her 60 years. Maybe that's why the emotionalism is getting on my nerves...yeah, I know I'm mean -- but I'm admitting it!

Edited by bantering

I really noticed her neck, especially after seeing Marilu who is four years older. But I love that Maureen is aging naturally instead of getting cat lady face lifts and monthly botox. That's really refreshing in the entertainment industry. 

I also loved her fangirling over Artem, partly because I would probably do the same thing. But I like that she is genuinely excited about both being on the show and getting a partner who she has been watching on tv. It's easy for us to expect all celebs to be cool about meeting other celebs but sometimes they're just like us, totally gaga and flummoxed over meeting someone who they've seen on their tv. 

• Love 1

Re: her neck.  It is really noticeable, and has made me extra conscious of putting the moisturizer/sunscreen in that area daily.  But I wonder is that normal for her age because I don't know that I have ever noticed anyone's neck that much before when they get older.  I don't know if it is a genetic thing in her family or if she really took awful care of her skin growing up?  

4 hours ago, CED9 said:

I think it's also that she gained and then lost a lot of weight. When you do that, you can have weird skin deformities in places.

That would have to be an awful lot of weight gained and then lost at an age where her skin has lost it's elasticity.  I'd think it would be more about some combination of poor diet, sun damage, and genetics.  Doesn't drug use cause weight loss?  She doesn't seem to have all that excess skin in other areas.   

26 minutes ago, Uke said:

That would have to be an awful lot of weight gained and then lost at an age where her skin has lost it's elasticity.  I'd think it would be more about some combination of poor diet, sun damage, and genetics.  Doesn't drug use cause weight loss?  She doesn't seem to have all that excess skin in other areas.   

I think it was within the last 5-7 years or so. She was on that Celebrity Weight Loss show where she lost like 40 pounds then within a year and a half gained back 60 pounds then like 2-3 years ago lost it again.

17 minutes ago, CED9 said:

I think it was within the last 5-7 years or so. She was on that Celebrity Weight Loss show where she lost like 40 pounds then within a year and a half gained back 60 pounds then like 2-3 years ago lost it again.

Yes, I guess that would do it.  I originally thought it would take 100 lbs or more but I guess on a small frame 40-60 lbs would be enough to mess up your skin.