Type keyword(s) to search

Watch Jodie Sweetin Admit They've 'Given Up' On Getting The Olsens For Fuller House

Yeah, whether or not one was "team Olsens" on this (I was), it's way past time for the rest to move on. Be glad you all have paying gigs that make you happy. Enjoy those memories if you want (or not). But move on. Please. 

Edited by RealityCowgirl

I recall Mary kate was open originally...but her schedule didnt allow it....and im sure all the jokes and call outs by John Stamos didnt help either eith getting either to come back for season 2.

I think the other cast has to remember that the show ended when they were 7 or 8...so they didnt remember thebearly years like jodie and Candace did..imho...so its less if an attachment for them.

• Love 3
On 12/9/2016 at 7:25 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I recall Mary kate was open originally...but her schedule didnt allow it....and im sure all the jokes and call outs by John Stamos didnt help either eith getting either to come back for season 2.

I think the other cast has to remember that the show ended when they were 7 or 8...so they didnt remember thebearly years like jodie and Candace did..imho...so its less if an attachment for them.

This. I remember before the revival talk happens how the cast would always have parties and whatnot and together a and it would be all over social networks and people would be like "but not MK or Ashley", I would think about how they probably don't remember the Full House days. I know it's probably thrown in their faces a lot and they probably remember the big moments from the show because of the show but i think the others probably formed a bond with each other and the Olsens didn't. One that they were so young and two they were doing a million other things when not doing Full House, so I think they were always working, not building memories.

I too think all of these callouts though are basically nail in the coffin. Would they recast Michelle? I'm not sure.

• Love 2

Candace Cameron Bure said “Stop asking us about Mary-Kate and Ashley... There are no hard feelings at all but let's just move on." It sort of seems like Jeff Franklin and John Stamos are the only ones who care at this point-- and the business about breaking the fourth wall is only for the viewers' benefit. Obviously, they know the Olsen's aren't watching and saying, "Aww, shucks."

Personally, it was odd not to have Michelle at first, but I really think that she would've been the part of this show that aged the worst. Do you really want to see adult storylines about Michelle Tanner? I say put a photo of one of the Olsen twins up in the living room, make reference to her visiting sometime offscreen, and move on. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

Candace Cameron Bure said “Stop asking us about Mary-Kate and Ashley... There are no hard feelings at all but let's just move on." It sort of seems like Jeff Franklin and John Stamos are the only ones who care at this point-- and the business about breaking the fourth wall is only for the viewers' benefit. Obviously, they know the Olsen's aren't watching and saying, "Aww, shucks."

Personally, it was odd not to have Michelle at first, but I really think that she would've been the part of this show that aged the worst. Do you really want to see adult storylines about Michelle Tanner? I say put a photo of one of the Olsen twins up in the living room, make reference to her visiting sometime offscreen, and move on. 

I concur.  Watching this season made me forget about Michelle until the episode where they had Thanksgiving and Jessie breaking the fourth wall.  At this point, Michelle should be recast or be present in other methods other than bashing and briefly talking about the Olsen Twins/Michelle.  Why not give Michelle a kid and have the kid live with the Fullers while Michelle is aboard?

• Love 4

I agree as well. I'm ok with Michelle not being part of the show. Would I like at least one cameo? Of course; Michelle was still a big part of the show and having her appear in just one episode would be great. I can even see how they can incorporate her into one or two episodes. But they don't need the Olsen Twins for that. Just recast! At this point, I think the audience will be perfectly fine with a recast. Ok, maybe not. The hardcore fans might revolt. But Mary Kate and Ashley don't seem to be interested, or they're too busy to make a cameo. And frankly, if I were them and kept hearing about the passive aggressive comments about not appearing on the show, I wouldn't even want to come back and give them the satisfaction. If they did come back, it should be because they want to. And a lot of the fans probably do understand and will support the decision to recast if they desperately have a storyline for Michelle. 

It's not like they're watching the show, anyway. At most, these fourth wall breaks and interviews are just being sent to them by their people so they're in the know. I might have been curious about their lack of presence on the show once upon a time, but at this point, I just think that it's making Stamos and Franklin look worse than the Olsens! 

• Love 1

I agree that I didn't even remember that michelle is missing. I am one of those people who do think it is wrong for the olsen's to not make an appearance on one episode , just strictly based on the fact that without this show, they wouldn't have had all their booming businesses. However, at this point they should stop being harassed about it. It is what it is. I agree, just recast. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I agree that I didn't even remember that michelle is missing. I am one of those people who do think it is wrong for the olsen's to not make an appearance on one episode , just strictly based on the fact that without this show, they wouldn't have had all their booming businesses. However, at this point they should stop being harassed about it. It is what it is. I agree, just recast. 

I definitely see this point and I used to really think like this too. However, I've come to realize that unlike all the other actors, Mary Kate and Ashley literally had no choice in the matter. They were not even able to speak when they were put into show business. They were mere babies who had their parents make the decision for them. They might have gotten lucky with their success and I agree that it helped them into the careers that they're part of now, but they didn't choose to be in Full House unlike the others. Even Candace and Jodie, despite their young ages, had somewhat of a choice. Maybe, in a way, they didn't exactly choose the business, but they were old enough to be able to express their thoughts and feelings. And then they chose to come back as adults. 

I know fans feel like MK and Ashley owe the show by making a cameo, but I appreciate that they now have the choice to say no, unlike when they first started. I appreciate that at least Ashley is not willing to come back because she's happy where she is in her life. I heard that Mary Kate expressed some minor interest, but that's about it. I just hate how they're being shamed into not jumping on the chance to venture back into acting. It's definitely their choice and hopefully, the show can finally give up and respect it.

Now, if one of the twins actually does give in and makes a cameo, then good, it shuts people up (hopefully) and we can put this all to rest. But then I'll be unable to not think about them being coerced into doing it yet again. I don't know; at this point, it's somewhat of a lose-lose situation for the Olsens. If they don't make a cameo, then they're awful people who should thank the ones that boosted their careers. But if they do it, then is it really because they made the choice, or is it because they were tired of people harassing them to make an appearance and they didn't want to keep looking like the bad girls for not doing it? 

Plus, if they do make a cameo, are people going to be happy with just one cameo, or will they demand more? And if they demand more, is it wrong for them to say no to more episodes? Will people not get upset if it's just a one episode and done thing? Are they obligated to keep making appearances here and there? 

• Love 4

I have my yearly ritual of watching A Very Brady Christmas on YouTube (because t.v. doesn't run it anymore), and seeing Jennifer Runyon as Cindy made me think again about how they just need to recast Michelle with a decent actress. The movie didn't give a damn about the recast and just showed the flashbacks of Susan Olsen as Cindy while Jennifer Runyon did exposition for the clip.

• Love 1
On 12/25/2016 at 3:24 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I have my yearly ritual of watching A Very Brady Christmas on YouTube (because t.v. doesn't run it anymore), and seeing Jennifer Runyon as Cindy made me think again about how they just need to recast Michelle with a decent actress. The movie didn't give a damn about the recast and just showed the flashbacks of Susan Olsen as Cindy while Jennifer Runyon did exposition for the clip.

I agree they should recast her. I was against it at first because when I was a kid, Mary Kate and Ashley were one of my favorite parts of the show. But, I think my desire to see an adult Michelle and what the writers envision her doing override my desire to keep the original actors. And honestly, they both grew up kind of weird, I'm not sure they could pull off playing a normal character again. But as close as they all were as kids, it seems unlikely they'd really go this long without having her come visit.

• Love 2

I wish they would recast Michelle so they have an excuse to bring back some of her friends, mainly Derek. Without The People's Couch I miss having Blake McIver on my screen

However, if they did recast her I have a feeling there would still be a lot of shitty comments from John Stamos alluding to how she's not the same person she used to be *wink wink*

• Love 1
3 hours ago, superguard9 said:

I wish they would recast Michelle so they have an excuse to bring back some of her friends, mainly Derek. Without The People's Couch I miss having Blake McIver on my screen

However, if they did recast her I have a feeling there would still be a lot of shitty comments from John Stamos alluding to how she's not the same person she used to be *wink wink*

They could do that and be funny (like when the original Becky came back to Roseanne, and every kept asking her where she'd been), but you're right that they probably wouldn't do that here. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

They could do that and be funny (like when the original Becky came back to Roseanne, and every kept asking her where she'd been), but you're right that they probably wouldn't do that here. 

I never thought they would break the 4th wall AS MUCH as they have with the Olsens/Michelle. The fashion designer career,even having Kimmys daughter buying an Olsen dress, the talking to the camera etc so maybe they would do this. 

• Love 1

At first I was a bit disappointed that we wouldn't be seeing Michelle but I don't really miss it at this point. I'm on episode 2 season 2 of fuller house and they have enough other interesting stuff going on where it's just not a big deal to me. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I never thought they would break the 4th wall AS MUCH as they have with the Olsens/Michelle. The fashion designer career,even having Kimmys daughter buying an Olsen dress, the talking to the camera etc so maybe they would do this. 

I think they would, I meant that they wouldn't do it in a funny way, they would do it meanly. Like in that season 1 episode where they all sort of glared at the camera when they talked about how Michelle couldn't be there.

• Love 1

I don't really care if we see Michelle or not (I forget she exists in the Fuller House universe until they ring it up), but I'm at the point where I really wouldn't mind if MK or A would show up for a 30 second scene so they can stop with the 4th wall business. Or re-cast. Either would be fine. I can see both sides, as far as their likely feelings, and the feelings of Stamos/Franklin. But MK and A are not coming back, so let's just move on and quit the 4th wall.

• Love 3

To be honest, I forgot about Michelle until they mentioned her during the Thanksgiving dinner speech. There's a pretty big cast, especially when the "adults" come to visit. A recast Michelle might mess up the chemistry between the current cast. 

As for Danny, I don't know why they bothered with the new wife. I would have preferred that he had gone on vacation in Chicago and rekindled his relationship with Vicky. 

• Love 2

My guess- contract negotiations with Eva LaRue went awful. Hell, they could have had Danny admit that his marriage was failing and that's why he was acting so weird in that episode.

Hell, just fucking kill off Michelle and call it a "Very Special Episode." This isn't on Disney. They can kill off someone who isn't an elderly person.

Point is, they're 30 years old. They are not little girls. They can make their own life decisions. They made theirs regarding this show. This whole thing has the feel of a parent refusing to let their grown-up child make their own life decisions and getting all hurt and spiteful when the make the "wrong" choice.

There is absolutely no shortage of blond, blue-eyed 30-ish females in Hollywood. Some may even have decent comedy chops. Start looking at them!

• Love 2

I am fine with no Michelle. I barely remember she is missing until it is brought up. I do not think Mary Kate and Ashley aged very well. Hell you put them next to Jodie, Andrea, and Candace and I would think they are the same age or older.

• Love 3

Agree with killing Michelle off, except that I do not want to see Uncle Joey at her memorial, or in any scene ever. But if they did it, they could tie it in with DJ remembering her late husband, and have a "we've still got each other" family hug. I didn't watch every episode of "Full House" for comparison of DJ's dead mom, but I feel like "Fuller House" refers to dead Tommy too seldom. Not a "your dad would be proud" in many, many episodes.

On 12/13/2016 at 4:34 AM, le94501 said:

I concur.  Watching this season made me forget about Michelle until the episode where they had Thanksgiving and Jessie breaking the fourth wall.  At this point, Michelle should be recast or be present in other methods other than bashing and briefly talking about the Olsen Twins/Michelle.  Why not give Michelle a kid and have the kid live with the Fullers while Michelle is aboard?

On 1/6/2017 at 1:20 PM, Stacey1014 said:

To be honest, I forgot about Michelle until they mentioned her during the Thanksgiving dinner speech. There's a pretty big cast, especially when the "adults" come to visit. A recast Michelle might mess up the chemistry between the current cast. 

As for Danny, I don't know why they bothered with the new wife. I would have preferred that he had gone on vacation in Chicago and rekindled his relationship with Vicky. 

I agree.  He should get back together with Vicky 

On 12/13/2016 at 4:34 AM, le94501 said:

I agree they should just show Michelle's kid

• Love 2

Why don't season 3 take a trip to New York to visit Michelle.  Maybe they can film 1 episode there and one of the Olsen twins can decide if they want to take a break and be in that episode.  On the other hand I actually respect the Olsen twins decision on fashion 

• Love 1
On 12/12/2016 at 9:16 PM, LaChavalina said:

I agree.  Definetly put a photo up of one of the Olsen twins in the living room or show the YouTube video of one of the Olsen twins fashion 

youtube video

mary kate Olsen style

(edited)

I think the best way to keep Michelle alive on screen in Fuller House would be just to throw an occasional life update every now and then. Like if D.J. were to say "Hey Steph, did you know Michelle -fill in the blank-?". Or something along those lines. I'd rather see Michelle references be used toward that rather than the 4th wall stuff.

Edited by love21
  • Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, Stacey1014 said:

I was wanting Danny to married Vicky

• Love 3
On 12/16/2017 at 3:31 AM, teenj12 said:

Whether or not they've 'given up' on trying to bI'ook the girls, I feel like they haven't recasted yet because they still want the door open. They should really just go ahead and do it. 

I'm convinced that Becca Tobin would make a wonderful Michelle. That's my pick. I saw her on an episode of Drop Dead Diva- she was dressed up in Gaga Makeup so you couldn't really see her face and I honestly thought she was one of the Olsen twins. The speaking voice reminded me of them.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1