Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Could've been, but I think I recall that it was that northwest Arkansas guy who got bad publicity recently for sticking pamphlets about the the evil of gayness inpeople's doors -- and maybe enlisting some young kids to spread his message? Can't remember his name, but I think it was him. They've been seen hanging around with him quite a lot over the past year or so, especially some of the howlers -- more pictures of him than of Jeremy, I suppose because they were keeping Jer on the downlow. I think that guy's married, perhaps?

The guy was older. That video had 'grooming pedo' written all over it.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

What a grubby little urchin he is! WTF is that in the background? Looks like dog or cat poo!

My first thought was that Justin looked like one of those 19th century boys who swept chimneys in London. I wonder whose house that is? It looks sufficiently filthy enough to be a Duggar abode, but I don't recognize the furniture.

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

The guy was older. That video had 'grooming pedo' written all over it.

It sure did. Grown ass man taking "special interest" in pubescent boy? Um, yeaahhh....

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

What a grubby little urchin he is! WTF is that in the background? Looks like dog or cat poo!

Thank you! There were so many posts about the pickle, bt it was the dog poo that jumped out at me. Whose house is that -- Jessa and Ben's? Why do they take all these pictures that show off how slovenly their homes are? 

15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, now that I am on my laptop, I can see that the dark stuff on the carpet is a leaf pattern. Kid does need a shower, though. 

To be fair, it can be hard to tell whether somebody's tried get work dirt off of them or not. I just finished a day of housepainting, for example. I took a shower and used Lava soap and a nail brush. And there are still areas of paint on me that I haven't been able to get off. And let's not talk about my fingernails.

• Love 3

All of the younger kids after the boy twins are so growth stunted and it's sad but I guess that's what happens when your mother keeps pumping out kids with little regard to how they will develop. This family is so pathetic.

• Love 1

Duggar boys don't start growing until they're around 16. James should be hitting his growth spurt soon; at 16, Jason has just started growing. Boob has said he was a late bloomer, and it looks like all of his sons followed suit, except, interestingly, Smuggar, who was pretty much fully grown when he was 16 in the first special. 

• Love 1
On 6/24/2016 at 10:44 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

All the Duggar Huggers just can't help themselves. At least he's learning a useful skill. At least he won't be grifting.

After seeing the pic, this is hilarious. Ummmm.... prayer closet, I'm on my way. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It's like the Duggar Huggers are trying to Internet FU folks every time we snark on one of them.  They just keep posting puke worthy statements about how the Duggars are into the virtue of hard work (as though child labor is ok)

He still looks like something out of a Dickens novel work houses, but paid in pickles.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 9
On 6/28/2016 at 11:38 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

It's like the Duggar Huggers are trying to Internet FU folks every time we snark on one of them.  They just keep posting puke worthy statements about how the Duggars are into the virtue of hard work (as though child labor is ok)

He still looks like something out of a Dickens novel work houses, but paid in pickles.

Hmmm ... I wonder if the older adults will ever attend college? I wonder if the younger children have playmates outside the sect the family? I wonder if any of the adult kids can date without having to marry within 6 months? I wonder if the young adults can work outside the home? I wonder if any of the kids can opt to explore other beliefs? I wonder if the adult kids can choose to live independently?

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh crap, I re-read it and realized it was Deanna who was in the doldrums. I imagine it has to do with her divorce. Maybe it became final?

Ha!

Deana's having a bad time but Famy feels sorry for her own self? Needs a bubble bath and glass of wine? But that's probably normal behavior.

• Love 1

I kind of wonder that even at almost 30, Famy was forced to take sides in the divorce? At any rate, watching your parents split up sucks, no matter how old one is. But Famy has the luxury of being able to separate from BOTH of them and kick back with a bath and a glass of wine. 

That said, I've never been impressed by either of Famy's parents. Famy's flakiness was definitely an inherited trait from both sides. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh crap, I re-read it and realized it was Deanna who was in the doldrums. I imagine it has to do with her divorce. Maybe it became final?

That was my first guess.

17 hours ago, jcbrown said:

She looks like a commercial for "feminine hygiene" products. She's feeling fresh.

16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's it! She's a douche! 

I just got home from a bullshit day at work.  Thank-you ladies.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

True.  Call me mean, I never saw the cuteness of Josie.  But then again I am a cat person :).  

The tell all I am waiting for is one of the older kids who has seen IT ALL!  

Josie reminds me of Smeagol from Lord of the Rings with her buggy eyes and translucent skin. Please forward all my meals to the Prayer Closet...

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Josie reminds me of Smeagol from Lord of the Rings with her buggy eyes and translucent skin. Please forward all my meals to the Prayer Closet...

OMG...the poor kid DOES have buggy eyes and translucent skin. There's just something that isn't quite right about poor little Josie. I do hope she's really okay and her idiot parents aren't just praying it away.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, jcbrown said:

She looks like a commercial for "feminine hygiene" products. She's feeling fresh.

That's exactly what it looks like, though, even though it's a well done photo! Usually, they hired professionals to do those commercials.

Glad she's feeling fresh..lol...nothing worse than "that not quite so fresh feeling".

• Love 1

Josie is not right. At all. She always looks ill, unkempt as well, red eyed and just, well. Her manners are non existing, she seems to have no concept of normal boundaries. Goodness knows what limitations she might have.

And those stupid fucking idiots that are her biological parents are to stupid to care. All the younger girls have serious issues, one look at them and you'd know it. There's Jenni, who hasn't looked happy since forever, Johannah these days is the same, poor Jordyn is forgotten anyhow..........it drive me crazy

• Love 12

The youngest group of girls are in for a rough road. Boob and Michelle don't even pretend anymore. They've completely checked out. The home-"schooling" is an absolute joke and they're about to be down another Sister-Mom once Jinger gets married. On the bright side, they may actually have a chance to break free because nobody cares, however they're going to be so ill-prepared for the real world they probably wouldn't survive outside the compound.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Hilarious!  Yes, I can see it.  I will be joining you in the Prayer Closet with a dozen donuts that I didn't get by dressing up like a pirate.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I guess if she starts eating raw fish and saying "my precious" we should all be very worried.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Josie is not right. At all. She always looks ill, unkempt as well, red eyed and just, well. Her manners are non existing, she seems to have no concept of normal boundaries. Goodness knows what limitations she might have.

And those stupid fucking idiots that are her biological parents are to stupid to care. All the younger girls have serious issues, one look at them and you'd know it. There's Jenni, who hasn't looked happy since forever, Johannah these days is the same, poor Jordyn is forgotten anyhow..........it drive me crazy

That's why Jenny, Jordyn, and Hannie (Johannah) are called The Lost Girls. Sadly, they are aptly and too accurately named.  I'm very sad for all of them. Special Snowflake Josie only gets slightly more attemtion since she secured a spot for the Termite Queen in the annals of Mommy Martyrdom. 

When Jessa got married, I saw one of these little girls crying as though her little heart would break. That just stuck with me as so heartbreaking. As cold and detached as Jessa seems, she has demonstrated being a good mom to Spurgie, so the fact the little girl cries for Jessa and not her mom, that just broke my heart.

I couldn't have any of my own, and I can't imagine ignoring any child I would have been so blessed to have.  It galls me that they call their children "blessings" when it's obvious they are for all intents and purposes, "feral children". The Termite Queen stays joyfully medicated, they're down to two sister moms and Anna to handle all the jurisdictions for 30 people on the compound, the men don't do squat,...with the help overwhelmed with serving His Boobship and the other "headships in training" and cleaning 4 houses...not excusing it, but there's just too many needs for the worker bees to reasonably meet if they need to sleep. 

• Love 9

I know people remember watching the show and seeing the Lost Girls running for their sister moms when they needed help or comfort. They did not want J-Chelle. The only one that does is Josie.

I never had kids, either, but if one of the Lost Girls showed up at our front door, I would do my best to make sure she had a childhood instead of an apprenticeship.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I couldn't have any of my own, and I can't imagine ignoring any child I would have been so blessed to have.  It galls me that they call their children "blessings" when it's obvious they are for all intents and purposes, "feral children". The Termite Queen stays joyfully medicated, they're down to two sister moms and Anna to handle all the jurisdictions for 30 people on the compound, the men don't do squat,...with the help overwhelmed with serving His Boobship and the other "headships in training" and cleaning 4 houses...not excusing it, but there's just too many needs for the worker bees to reasonably meet if they need to sleep. 

I think this helps explain it

• Love 5

From the article, this one really stood out: 

Rule 4: Reward intermittently. Intermittent gratification is the most addictive kind there is. If you know the lever will always produce a pellet, you'll push it only as often as you need a pellet. If you know it never produces a pellet, you'll stop pushing. But if the lever sometimes produces a pellet and sometimes doesn't, you'll keep pushing forever, even if you have more than enough pellets (because what if there's a dry run and you have no pellets at all?). It's the motivation behind gambling, collectible cards, most video games, the Internet itself, and relationships with crazy people.

• Love 10

I thought this one was one of the best. Despite looking so boring, those people are costly on edge about something.

Keep everything on the edge. Make sure there's never quite enough money, or time, or goods, or status, or anything else people might want. Insufficiency makes sick systems self-perpetuating, because if there's never enough ______ to fix the system, and never enough time to think of a better solution, everyone has to work on all six cylinders just to keep the system from collapsing.

• Love 5

It's an interesting article, and I think it applies to people I know, but I'm not sure it applies to the Duggars -- for one thing, it's too complicated. The Duggar system is simple.

J'chelle is the queen. She is the bestest mom ever because she has 19 children. Of course this falls apart on every level if you think about it, but who does that?

JB is the patriarch, designated by God, as the absolute ruler of his family. Of course, he's not actually a good father (insert any one of a thousand examples here), but God says he is.

The only way that you could make people believe this is if they literally had nothing to compare their lives to -- if the kids were never allowed out of the house, if they had no friends, if they never read a book, or watched television, or saw a movie . . . And, of course, that is exactly what their lives are like. They haven't created this dysfunction by creating stress or rationing sleep, or limiting reward -- these people sleep all day, and there is never a reward for any of these kids. The entire system is kept afloat by completely and totally controlling the environment.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

It's an interesting article, and I think it applies to people I know, but I'm not sure it applies to the Duggars -- for one thing, it's too complicated. The Duggar system is simple.

J'chelle is the queen. She is the bestest mom ever because she has 19 children. Of course this falls apart on every level if you think about it, but who does that?

JB is the patriarch, designated by God, as the absolute ruler of his family. Of course, he's not actually a good father (insert any one of a thousand examples here), but God says he is.

The only way that you could make people believe this is if they literally had nothing to compare their lives to -- if the kids were never allowed out of the house, if they had no friends, if they never read a book, or watched television, or saw a movie . . . And, of course, that is exactly what their lives are like. They haven't created this dysfunction by creating stress or rationing sleep, or limiting reward -- these people sleep all day, and there is never a reward for any of these kids. The entire system is kept afloat by completely and totally controlling the environment.

The thing about dysfunction is it occurs naturally. Without forethought or critical thinking skills nothing changes. Michelle isn't knowingly intermittently rewarding her kids with attention, but she's checked out and has too many kids. The ultimate reward is truly in the distance; the afterlife. Confessing your sins to your parents, and only having siblings for company is total enmeshment. Avoiding evil & trusting no one, not even yourself, is keeping things on the edge. And then there is their small successes and hope of a better future with marriage and babies. Their time is chopped up because they have no schedule; grabbing a buddy to go on an outing, school time interrupted by the chaotic household, etc. And that is just a few obvious ways that the Duggar system is sick. Most people couldn't be consistent with this kind of effed-uppedness if they tried. For the Duggars, it comes naturally.

• Love 14
(edited)

This.^^^

Those who are good at creating sick systems tend to be really really good at it, I think. The system just flows out of them. Out of their internal sickness, I suppose.

Plus, the Duggarlings are almost certainly getting other STAY-WHERE-YOU-ARE! messages from just about everything they're exposed to in their tiny forays outside the family living room/bus/hotel suite. As here, in this article noting that Gothard is on the speakers' circuit again:

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2016/06/20/bill-gothard-claims-to-have-secret-cure-for-mental-illness/

'Gothard doesn’t have a lot of new things to say in his “new” talk. Most of it sounds familiar to those of us who ever were enmeshed in his prior organization. The Four Fears that he outlines are, he claims, innate to every human experience, and are at the root of every mental illness. He claims to be able to treat mental illness effectively while heavily implying that most children of Christian parents, and perhaps, I think, he is referring to people like me – children of parents who once adhered to his cult’s teachings – who leave the church are also probably mentally ill. This correlation is disturbing. In some cases, of course, he’s right. But for many, the depression, anxiety, OCD or PTSD diagnoses can be directly traced back to a traumatizing religious past.'

"Disturbing." No shit, Sherlock. Let's internalize that: Leaving is proof that you're mentally ill. And this is what the Duggarlings hear when they go on the road, supposedly an experience that would bring them new perspectives and points of view.

I know firsthand how poisonous this can be, since the you're-insane-and-we'll-get-you-committed card got played on me a lot as a kid. And though I was seething with rage rather than utterly brainwashed as well as somewhat enlightened about what my people were, fairly confident that they -- and not I -- had the corner on the insanity, and pretty sure that they also couldn't actually accomplish this (for one thing, they wouldn't have wanted to let me out of the house for long, even to make good on their own threats), I remember it making me quite nervous to hear it. So imagine Jinger or Jana or Jenny or Jackson hearing this. They might as well have a moat full of salt-water crocodiles surrounding that house.

Re: Gothard.     Although his shtick appears to be pretty much the same as in the past, he also seems to be going further round the bend these days. For example, 'Gothard even claimed he, like Moses, will live to 120 years of age and that his “ministry has just begun.'   https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2016/06/15/christian-conference-features-alleged-sexual-predator-bill-gothard/

And there's much, much more. Yet people are still inviting him to speak (at length) and defending him strongly. And, of course, the Duggs are still regularly shipping their kids to the heart of Gothardland. The Duggarlings are in a freaking gulag, really.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
(edited)

Most people couldn't be consistent with this kind of effed-uppedness if they tried. For the Duggars, it comes naturally.

Excellent post. I'd argue that it's 75% randomly occurring, 25% Gothard. He's been whispering poison into their ears for so long. "Here's how to make your house a virtual police state!" and other teachings gives them a sick system to copy. Who'd have thought a f'ed up 80 year old rapist could give bad advice.

Gothard even claimed he, like Moses, will live to 120 years of age

*snort* He's already a mummy with a bad dye job.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Thanks. But to be fair, Gothard contributed a lot of it. ;  )

All my likes would be for you. Gothard would get no likes from me. The only thing he could ever do that I would like would that he renounce his nonsense and pay reparations to his victims.

• Love 3

It is my every hope that the women who finally came forward after Gothard's sins against them (AKA molestation) get their day in court.

I can't wait to watch him "minister to age 120" when his sleazy, criminal ass is behind bars.

• Love 1

On Amy's Twitter account, she occasionally changes the description of herself, below her profile photo. She's changed it very recently to: "TLC/Duggar cousin/ wifed up/ Jesus is my King/ adventurous/ curious like a cat/ I can use a whole tube of chapstick without losing it. Cereal addict."  

I'm curious that she's listed TLC first now - Please don't tell me she's got something going on TLC again!

• Love 3