Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

In her book, Jill all but said that Jana was abused by Gothard. Whether or not it was true, it wasn't Jill's story to tell, especially considering her abuse. In writing and promoting her book, not a single line should have been written about any sister who hadn't given their approval and/or publicly shared the information on their own. Add that to Jill having been the acknowledged snitch when they were growing up, and it's not too far-fetched to think that Jana just doesn't care for her that much.

I only have 4 sisters, and if I got married, 2 of them would be lucky to even get an invite; they definitely would not be a part of the wedding party. So blaming JB for Jill not being a member of the wedding party is giving him too much power. I think going by everything else associated with this wedding, JB and Michelle likely had no influence. Jana looks to have picked her own wedding party and that's fully her right. 

I actually disagree that Jill was classy in her answer. That's a question that should have gone unanswered. Her answer is passive/aggressive.

• Like 16
3 hours ago, Tasya said:

In her book, Jill all but said that Jana was abused by Gothard. Whether or not it was true, it wasn't Jill's story to tell, especially considering her abuse. In writing and promoting her book, not a single line should have been written about any sister who hadn't given their approval and/or publicly shared the information on their own. Add that to Jill having been the acknowledged snitch when they were growing up, and it's not too far-fetched to think that Jana just doesn't care for her that much.

I only have 4 sisters, and if I got married, 2 of them would be lucky to even get an invite; they definitely would not be a part of the wedding party. So blaming JB for Jill not being a member of the wedding party is giving him too much power. I think going by everything else associated with this wedding, JB and Michelle likely had no influence. Jana looks to have picked her own wedding party and that's fully her right. 

I actually disagree that Jill was classy in her answer. That's a question that should have gone unanswered. Her answer is passive/aggressive.

I don’t think she revealed any details about what may have happened to Jana, but obviously YMMV 🤷‍♀️. I appreciated her answer. 

• Like 16

I guess mileage will vary, but IMO, Jill could have written that entire passage without adding anything about Jana being "one of Gothard's girls." In the context of what we know about him and what he was doing, it's very insinuating. She could have simply highlighted the family's interactions with Gothard and his cult and never sneakily added in there that one of the sisters spent extra special time with him. She (or Derrick) knew that adding that would give that section/mention more oomph.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, AstridM said:

I don’t think she revealed any details about what may have happened to Jana, but obviously YMMV 🤷‍♀️. I appreciated her answer. 

She didn't.  Everything was vague which is almost worse.  Many people fill in the blank with the worst speculation.  As said above it was not her story to tell and she should have completely left it out.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, jschoolgirl said:

How do we know this?

2 hours ago, AstridM said:

We don’t .

We know this because as was posted by Ginger90 upthread, when Jill was asked why she wasn't part of the wedding party she said she didn't know why. If she declined, she would know why.

• Like 2

I interpreted "one of Gothard's girls" to mean that Jana was a favorite within the fundie community. And ... she is. She's been hailed as a model of devoutness, femininity, and devotion to family. Also been praised for her evident organizational skills in running such a huge family.

• Like 11
4 hours ago, Is Everyone Gone said:

I interpreted "one of Gothard's girls" to mean that Jana was a favorite within the fundie community. And ... she is. She's been hailed as a model of devoutness, femininity, and devotion to family. Also been praised for her evident organizational skills in running such a huge family.

Except the book makes it clear that's not what the name meant. It's a reference to her service at his HQ and his preference for blondes, which was apparently well known within the movement.

• Like 10
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh goodness, Fenna is wearing a shock collar.

Our precious grand dog has one too.  They had it turned on low to keep him in the yard. Now they just put it on him and don't turn it on but he makes the connection.  Better than dead in the road. And yes the yard is fenced but he managed once or twice to find a place. And no he doesn't live outside. So maybe their situation is similar.  Fenna doesn't look traumatized to me. Grand dog isn't either.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 8
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I do not support shock collar training. However I am not sure that is shock training collar, it is not placed right.  I do think it may be one of the collars used for invisible fences (something else I don't like).  This was the only picture of her with that collar, all the others have been with a regular flat collar which she is also wearing.  When they move to this house at one point Jill was concerned because they were not able to fence off her garden as well as they did at the old house to keep her out of the garden.  So they may be using an invisible boundary system to keep her out of the garden.   Of course it might be a shock collar but it would be odd since they took her to training classes and did not use one and she is not wearing one in any other picture. In the video Derick was using food rewards. 

ETA: I realize both training and boundary e-collars are pretty much the same thing.  However for invisible fences it is not the trainer/owner delivering the warning or shock.  

Edited by auntieminem
  • Like 5
  • Useful 3
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It's possible that it is one of those multi-warning collars that can be set to buzz, vibrate or shock.  My dogs wear them with the shock function turned off.  They make an electronic beep first and then vibrate a few seconds later if the dog hasn't moved.  Finally, they would deliver a mild shock if the dog didn't respond to the first 2 corrections.  I've had plenty of dogs and found the collars work pretty well and the shock function isn't needed and can be turned off.  I hope Jill and Derrick do the same.

• Like 7
  • Useful 7
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

It's possible that it is one of those multi-warning collars that can be set to buzz, vibrate or shock.  My dogs wear them with the shock function turned off.  They make an electronic beep first and then vibrate a few seconds later if the dog hasn't moved.  Finally, they would deliver a mild shock if the dog didn't respond to the first 2 corrections.  I've had plenty of dogs and found the collars work pretty well and the shock function isn't needed and can be turned off.  I hope Jill and Derrick do the same.

Maybe it is a bark control collar.  As a person living very close to a neighbor with a constantly barking dog I know I would appreciate it.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1