Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I keep reading that JimBob gets all the money & gives the kids an allowance/stipend. Is there evidence to this, or is it speculation that has turned into fact because it's been repeated ad nauseam?

Well, it wasn't me who said that upthread about "Boobanator," (love the name) -- but .... I don't think anybody knows for sure how the money was or is distributed.

When the kids were younger it was speculated that they didn't have individual accounts waiting for them but would only get what he doled out from a family account. Once some moved out to get married, it's also been speculated that each independently living family does get paid on its own -- speculation at least partly prompted by the fact that the Smuggars, for example, got listed in the credits. That all seems to me as if it could be accurate.

But exactly how the non-marrieds are getting paid now for Counting On -- whether Boob somehow convinced them that a "family trust" of some kind would be better or whether they're getting it directly into their own accounts -- is unknown. And whether the non-married (or married) kids each got access to lump-sum accounts that had been held for them in childhood once they reached adulthood from 19 Kids -- also unknown, as far as I know. Or whether Boob gets anything at all now for Counting On or whatever, who knows? We certainly do know that he tries to control everything that he can possibly control and he has those kids pretty hornswoggled in various ways -- and that he and Meeechelle do sometimes still appear on the show. But the extent to which his total control extends to the money is largely a mystery, I think, as is whether he's getting a take from this show or is able to exert any control over it......

As for the stuff about the third generation, above -- After all this time, I expect they all do see babies as part of the fuel for the continued gravy train, as they were for 19 Kids. But that certainly isn't true for Josh and Anna's, since they won't be seen on air (although I suppose public speculation and interest and outrage could be considered part of the fuel that keeps the show going, whether or not somebody speculated about is actually on it.). And I don't know that more kid-popping from the other marrieds will really be much of a draw for the show either, as time goes on. Seems that evidence may suggest that a wedding -- especially of a female Duggar -- is a pretty good eyeball grabber....but people may be getting tired of the repeated birthings? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

Don't forget that the last we've heard, Grandma Mary still owns the Mold House. However, she also owns multiple properties, so I'm sure she's got all of HER assets locked down in a trust of her own. And a trust belonging to a Duggar crony "owns" Smuggar's property. Boob is nothing if not shifty. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

And a trust belonging to a Duggar crony "owns" Smuggar's property. 

There is no basis for believing that.  All that is public is the name of the attorney who set up the holding trust.  The beneficiary/ies name/s have not been published and are not required to be made public.  It is the beneficiary/ies who 'own' and control the trust.  Holding real estate titles in a trust is a way to avoid probate.  It is also a way to purchase property and maintain privacy.

• Love 3

You're right. The Duggar crony SET UP the trust; it could just be a coincidence. However, Jim Bob Duggar is known to associate with said attorney. Therefore, I become cynical, espcially given the timing of the trust being set up not a week after Smuggar was hauled off to Jesus Jail. Currently, it's rumored that the Smuggars are living there, but we have no concrete proof of that.  I tend to think that they're in the warehouse guest house on the compound property as Boob is likely keeping Smuggar on a very short leash.

I'm actually surprised that the Smuggars were allowed to spend an extra day with Anna's family in Big Sandy. I guess the influence of TFDW is considered a good thing in the mind of Boob, so he could permit the side trip.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

You're right. The Duggar crony SET UP the trust; it could just be a coincidence. However, Jim Bob Duggar is known to associate with said attorney. Therefore, I become cynical, espcially given the timing of the trust being set up not a week after Smuggar was hauled off to Jesus Jail. Currently, it's rumored that the Smuggars are living there, but we have no concrete proof of that.  I tend to think that they're in the warehouse guest house on the compound property as Boob is likely keeping Smuggar on a very short leash.

The real estate trust was filed on the day Josh left for rehab, August 24, 2015.  It is called Alb Investments LLC. http://ar.registryabstracts.com/alb-investments-llc

That evening, the Duggar family airplane, piloted by second-eldest-son John David Duggar, dropped Josh off in Rockford, Illinois,  just after midnight in the wee hours of August 25.  On August 26, the Duggar family blog posted a statement, "Yesterday Josh checked himself into a long-term treatment center."  Of course, it wasn't a real 'treatment center' and long-term turned out to be six months. http://duggarfamily.com/michelles-blog?ID=fd82bcb8-6dec-49b5-bdaa-5bed13fa3f7e

I personally think that Josh et al still live in the Siloam Springs home.  One of the reasons I believe this is that Josh's used car lot is located in Siloam Springs, just minutes from that house.  According to his ad,  "I have over 50 cars in stock priced to sell!"  He also advertises that the lot is open from 10:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, from 12:00 noon - 4:00pm on Saturday, and closed on Sunday.  The Duggar compound in Tontitown is about 25 miles away.  

And, the warehouse guest house doesn't have room for all of them.  That is one of the reasons they put Anna and the four kids in the girls' dorm room when Josh was away for Jesus treatment.  

Edited by Mollie

Interesting. However, I've seen pics of the Mkids at the guest house. You could tell due to the flooring and wall decor, which has been seen in previous pictures of the place. Remember, they shot talking heads at that place for a while before Boob acquired the Pool House. 

I wasn't aware that Smuggar had his own lot. I figured that he shared the side of road lot with Jed and Jer. I suppose those kids are now working for him and that not all of the "50 cars" (yeah right, Smuggar) are not his but belong to the twins. I agree with your implied remark that Smuggar is too lazy to drive a suburban person's round trip commute to work. I thought it was a bit of a shorter commute (I googled it once the SS address became known, and I swear I came up with something like 17 miles each way. But I agree that Smuggar's base laziness could very well have them living in the SS house, which points to Duggar ownership. Which Duggar? I suppose it could still be Smugs, "selling" the house to the trust, I suppose, to protect ownership. 

All under JB's watchful, slimy eye, of course. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Nysha said:

I keep reading that JimBob gets all the money & gives the kids an allowance/stipend. Is there evidence to this, or is it speculation that has turned into fact because it's been repeated ad nauseam?

The latter. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I do wonder whether it ever crosses anybody's mind, though, that, while this is true to a point, someday a sharp inflection point will come at which there will be no more money -- because every tv show eventually ends -- and there will still be a million kids. .... Boob may be counting on being dead by then, though, I suppose. So others can cope with this.

"Après moi le deluge"

• Love 7
(edited)

There is no proof, other than Boob loves to set up trusts. Someone like Kokapetl (why won't the site tag?) is an expert at ferreting these things out. We know there is a Boobchelle Trust. We assume that all the money goes into the Boob checking account that's held by that trust and that he basically writes checks to his adult children for participation in the show. Except for Smuggar, who was separately noted as "thanks to" at the end of later 19 Kids episodes in which he appeared. THEN, I think he got his own checks. That said, I don't think there were any thanks to Anna for her participation in either the 3 episode amuse bouche or Counting On. Who knows what Boob paid her to sit there and talk about her pain? Probably nothing, given she was now under his fucking Gothard umbrella and being supported by him. Ugh. Sick. 

I have no clue how they've structured Counting On. Another Trust, I suppose. All we know is that the married couples have no monetary worries, despite the DONATE button on the Dullards' website. If they can't pay for insurance, maybe they shouldn't be spawning. Right. RIGHT???? Same goes for the Smuggars. Who the hell knows if they have insurance or if they're Trusting God to have another unmedicated, likely unassisted birth with M5. 

You know who I don't know who gets paid what? The Bateses. Same production company, same "thanks," except theirs are at the beginning and just thank the entire family as a whole. I hope Gil wrote some BIG checks to Erin and Whitney for thier birth episodes. Less so for Alyssa, since she didn't allow even her parents into the birthing room. Do Michael and Brandon get checks for their participation? Who knows. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
(edited)

New report says Josh's used car business has financial problems due to Josh's stupidity.  Radar Online says that Josh let a guy test drive a Toyota MR2 and neglected to get the guy's ID.  The guy drove away in the auto and wasn't seen again, leaving another stolen car at Josh's car lot.  Just before the auto theft, one of Josh's employees bought a handgun from the car thief.  Turns out that the gun "was used in an aggravated assault earlier that day."  Criminal activity seems to haunt Josh.  http://radaronline.com/videos/josh-duggar-car-stolen-from-car-dealership-gun-buy-from-thief-police-report/

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

New report says Josh's used car business has financial problems due to Josh's stupidity.  Radar Online says that Josh let a guy test drive a Toyota MR2 and neglected to get the guy's ID.  The guy drove away in the auto and wasn't seen again, leaving another stolen car at Josh's car lot.  Just before the auto theft, one of Josh's employees bought a handgun from the car thief.  Turns out that the gun "was used in an aggravated assault earlier that day."  Criminal activity seems to haunt Josh.  http://radaronline.com/videos/josh-duggar-car-stolen-from-car-dealership-gun-buy-from-thief-police-report/

Josh has employees?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

What kind of moron lets a guy test drive a car and doesn't get his ID?!!!! I think Josh has totally given up on life and can't even pretend to give a fuck anymore. 

• Love 18

I bet dollars to donuts Josh does not own the car business. JB probably owns it because he does not trust Josh at all. I can see asking for an ID, but if the guy brought a stolen vehicle to the lot and was getting ready to steal another one, he will not come out and say I am not here for test drive. I do think most dealerships do not run a check on people before doing a test drive. I also wonder why a employee would buy a firearm from the same person. Maybe he knew the guy. Josh and his employees are probably not the brightest crayon in the whole box. I also bet JB is probably at the compound fuming over the whole thing.

13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I bet dollars to donuts Josh does not own the car business. JB probably owns it because he does not trust Josh at all. I can see asking for an ID, but if the guy brought a stolen vehicle to the lot and was getting ready to steal another one, he will not come out and say I am not here for test drive. I do not think most dealerships do not run a check on people before doing a test drive. I also wonder why a employee would buy a firearm from the same person. Maybe he knew the guy. Josh and his employees are probably not the brightest crayon in the whole box. I also bet JB is probably at the compound fuming over the whole thing.

They are not the brightest crayons in the box that got run over by the garbage truck.

• Love 4

There is so much that doesn't add up here.   First, two guys steal an auto in Oklahoma.  Then they make a beeline to Josh's out-of-the-way used car lot in Siloam Springs, Arkansas.  Josh's employee notices a handgun in the vehicle and, instead of becoming suspicious and taking precautions, offers to buy the gun.  Next, the criminals are allowed to drive off alone in one of Josh's cars without leaving any ID.

It sounds like an insurance scam to me.    

Jim Bob had a used car lot for years and taught Josh the business.  Josh ran a used car lot for several years before moving to Washington D.C.  Josh certainly knew something about protocol when someone takes an auto for a test drive. 

If it were an insurance scam, it wouldn't be the first time.  Remember the one Jim Bob and Josh tried to pull for tens of thousands of dollars of hail damage? 

• Love 8

It might have been one of the twins' cars who might have been more lax with protocol. It was probably a junker anyway. They typically have older, high mileage cars for sale. 

I'm really intrigued about the illegal gun sale. 

• Love 4
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Mollie said:

There is so much that doesn't add up here.   First, two guys steal an auto in Oklahoma.  Then they make a beeline to Josh's out-of-the-way used car lot in Siloam Springs, Arkansas.  Josh's employee notices a handgun in the vehicle and, instead of becoming suspicious and taking precautions, offers to buy the gun.  Next, the criminals are allowed to drive off alone in one of Josh's cars without leaving any ID.

It sounds like an insurance scam to me.    

Jim Bob had a used car lot for years and taught Josh the business.  Josh ran a used car lot for several years before moving to Washington D.C.  Josh certainly knew something about protocol when someone takes an auto for a test drive. 

If it were an insurance scam, it wouldn't be the first time.  Remember the one Jim Bob and Josh tried to pull for tens of thousands of dollars of hail damage? 

Is he still selling those high-dollar cars that he was advertising online when this new Josh car venture started? Or has this now become mostly the usual Duggars'll-sell-you-a-badly-renovated-but-still-obviously-crappy-pile-of-junk enterprise? Anybody seen a list of their current inventory? 

Edited by Churchhoney

There might be a "nice" SUV to lure people in. He used to use a Vette. Of course, the SUV has over 100k and likely water damage or something similar that isn't evident on first inspection. 

Does anyone know if one gets a fully documented history of the cars that they buy at those junker auctions?

48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

There might be a "nice" SUV to lure people in. He used to use a Vette. Of course, the SUV has over 100k and likely water damage or something similar that isn't evident on first inspection. 

Does anyone know if one gets a fully documented history of the cars that they buy at those junker auctions?

When Josh first started this venture, he had a bunch of very out-there, sought-after car models listed on ebay. I'm sure the individual cars in the group had all been sewn back together after being totaled a couple of times. Nevertheless, the car models fell into the "collectibles" category. In some cases, the "highly collectible" category, as I recall.  Wonder whether those were actually for sale and, if so, whether they sold. The listed prices were high, but I don't know how many people would trust Josh Duggar to sell them a car that didn't have numerous large but hidden cracks in the chassis.  It was obviously an attention-getting device, but I've wondered since what happened to those cars. 

2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Is he still selling those high-dollar cars that he was advertising online when this new Josh car venture started? Or has this now become mostly the usual Duggars'll-sell-you-a-badly-renovated-but-still-obviously-crappy-pile-of-junk enterprise? Anybody seen a list of their current inventory? 

Right now he is advertising a 2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 with 190,000 miles for "$3950 CASH", a 2000 Nissan Maxima GLE with 177,837 miles for $1,500, a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix with 133,153 miles for $2,750, etc.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Right now he is advertising a 2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 with 190,000 miles for "$3950 CASH", a 2000 Nissan Maxima GLE with 177,837 miles for $1,500, a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix with 133,153 miles for $2,750, etc.

1) I wouldn't take the Maxima if Josh Duggar PAID ME the $1,500. Nissans aren't known for their longevity like Toyota or Honda (to be fair, my experiences with late 90s/early 2000s Nissans were a Sentra and an Altima. The Sentra had the build quality of tin foil and chewing gum. The Altima battery literally blew up one day when I started the car. Just turned the key and KABOOM.)

2) I feel like that's a really low price for a Subaru Forester, even with that kind of mileage. 

3) If that's the level of car Josh sells, maybe they figure they'd rather someone steal them for the insurance money?

• Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, questionfear said:

3) If that's the level of car Josh sells, maybe they figure they'd rather someone steal them for the insurance money?

Exactly.

Fortunately, insurance investigators are very good at uncovering fraud.  I'm sure there will be a lot of questions asked about the gun purchased from someone driving in a car with out-of-state license plates. 

Remember that Josh has a long history of lying, and the financial pressure is on with the fifth kid on its way. 

Oh, and remember this picture from February when Josh was caught on a surveillance camera at the scene of a theft crime:

Josh Police Photo Feb 2017.png

Josh Duggar 2.jpg

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yeah... But, that was never proven to be Josh. Or, did I miss something? This family is crazy enough with reality. I don't understand how so much stuff comes up about them that has absolutely no basis in fact whatsoever. Then, it gets spread as truth. 

ETA: Oh yeah! The guy that went to Family Dollar and stole money from a woman's purse. Yeah, no way. Why is this being talked about as being Josh? 

Edited by HoboClayton
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

ETA: Oh yeah! The guy that went to Family Dollar and stole money from a woman's purse. Yeah, no way. Why is this being talked about as being Josh? 

Probably because Josh is the only person in NW Arkansas who likes like that!

8 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Probably because Josh is the only person in NW Arkansas who likes like that!

Uhh... Yeah, I doubt that... 

And I don't think it was Josh. Or, it could have been Josh, but, he was wrongfully identified as the suspect. Josh is an idiot, but, I don't see him stealing a wallet from some employee's purse at a Dollar General. I think it would have been quickly solved if it was him. But, I did find it a bit of karma for Josh being thought of as a suspect. The Springdale police ended up shortly after removing the picture from their Facebook. And no arrests have been made, at least not that has been released to the public. But, like I said, the suspect in that crime was not in any way shape or form, besides gossip, been proven to be Josh. And it's just incorrect stating that the guy in the photo is him.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Exactly.

Fortunately, insurance investigators are very good at uncovering fraud.  I'm sure there will be a lot of questions asked about the gun purchased from someone driving in a car with out-of-state license plates. 

Remember that Josh has a long history of lying, and the financial pressure is on with the fifth kid on its way. 

Oh, and remember this picture from February when Josh was caught on a surveillance camera at the scene of a theft crime:

Josh Police Photo Feb 2017.png

Josh Duggar 2.jpg

Now that we have seen how, um, plump Josh has gotten the criminal suspect in the first photo is really starting to look like him.  

• Love 3
On 5/1/2017 at 1:59 AM, Anonymousie said:

At least, but which band size? 44? Higher? Smuggar might need to shop at a specialty store for his bra needs. 

It's a MANSIERRE! 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

They are not the brightest crayons in the box that got run over by the garbage truck.

That walk from the car lot to the copier machine to make a copy of a license might be taxing on Josh.

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:18 AM, Churchhoney said:

New report says Josh's used car business has financial problems due to Josh's stupidity.  Radar Online says that Josh let a guy test drive a Toyota MR2 and neglected to get the guy's ID.  The guy drove away in the auto and wasn't seen again, leaving another stolen car at Josh's car lot.  Just before the auto theft, one of Josh's employees bought a handgun from the car thief.  Turns out that the gun "was used in an aggravated assault earlier that day."

That's hilarious; it sounds like a scene right out of Smokey and the Bandit or The Dukes of Hazzard! And Josh's employee buying a handgun from the thief before he takes off with the car is the cherry on top of the sundae. And, since I'm sure that Jim Bob actually owns the car lot, that means that Josh would have to make a very difficult phone call: "Uh, Dad? You'll never believe what just happened..."

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

Yeah... But, that was never proven to be Josh. Or, did I miss something? This family is crazy enough with reality. I don't understand how so much stuff comes up about them that has absolutely no basis in fact whatsoever. Then, it gets spread as truth. 

Michelle? Is this you??

• Love 4

Haha! No no. Not Michelle. I know you must be on their side or even one of them if you dare call out things that aren't at all true. But, no, I'm not. There's enough true stuff about them to talk about. People read bullshit, believe it, and then spread it. Then everyone gets confused, and no one can enjoy their cake. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

Haha! No no. Not Michelle. I know you must be on their side or even one of them if you dare call out things that aren't at all true. But, no, I'm not. There's enough true stuff about them to talk about. People read bullshit, believe it, and then spread it. Then everyone gets confused, and no one can enjoy their cake. 

Amen.

• Love 5

I wondered how this looks to John David's commanding officers and the rest of the police or sheriff department. I mean really, one of Josh's employees brought a firearm use in a crime at his car lot, and the guy brought in a stolen vehicle and took another one instead. Hmmm... I can imagine explaining this one. Maybe JD aka Barney Fife needs to explain things to Josh and his employees about doing stupid things. Also makes me think about why the voters would elect Barney Fife Duggar as constable. Makes me want to say thank you to all the hard working law enforcement officers where I live who have the brain power and skills to do a good job. Josh needs to learn how to run a business properly. Maybe he can "hire" Ben to sell cars, and Derick to do the books. Jill can drive Ben and Derick to work five days a week and make sure the three of them do a good job while giggling while handing out religious pamphlets to possible buyers.

16 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

I'm with you. Josh is Slimey McSlimersky. However, I don't think that was him in the pic, and I don't think he tried to purse snatch up at the Dollar General. 

• Love 3

It warms my cold dead heart that scammers like the Duggars got scammed. Sure, it's a only $4000 wreck, and it's wrong, but it feel so good.

Must be nice having a job you can never, ever be fired from. What motivation does Josh have to do much of *anything* nowadays?No wonder he's rapidly gaining weight.

I'm surprised no reporter or blogger as gone undercover at the lot for an expose.

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wondered how this looks to John David's commanding officers and the rest of the police or sheriff department. I mean really, one of Josh's employees brought a firearm use in a crime at his car lot, and the guy brought in a stolen vehicle and took another one instead. Hmmm... I can imagine explaining this one. Maybe JD aka Barney Fife needs to explain things to Josh and his employees about doing stupid things. Also makes me think about why the voters would elect Barney Fife Duggar as constable. Makes me want to say thank you to all the hard working law enforcement officers where I live who have the brain power and skills to do a good job. Josh needs to learn how to run a business properly. Maybe he can "hire" Ben to sell cars, and Derick to do the books. Jill can drive Ben and Derick to work five days a week and make sure the three of them do a good job while giggling while handing out religious pamphlets to possible buyers.

To be fair (and I can't believe I am defending JD) there's no proof JD is as bad at being a constable as Josh is at being, well, a functional human being. 

We know JD manages to do some things well since he has a pilots license, and operates heavy machinery, plus he's one of the few Duggar to actually be verbally disgusted with Josh on camera. 

• Love 17

Sadly after seeing the one episode where they were trying to parade JD as the next great Duggar catch, I can see how his skills as a law enforcement officer leaves a lot to be desired. I shake my head at the head officers for allowing one of their own to be allowed to be filmed like that. He made a mockery out of law enforcement departments. Yes, he may have a pilot license and operate heavy machinery, but he has been allowed to do so because daddy is paying for his planes, and he is only allowed to do certain jobs because his father and Gothard approve of it.

He may be verbally disgusted at Josh, but he still is a Duggar. I do feel sorry for him because he is being forced to act and be the next great Duggar son, but if he walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Smuggar's lot is in a different county. No conflict of interest with "constable" JD. 

• Love 1

Interesting...He still can take crap from the officers he is contact with in relations to his volunteer constable job. I bet he took some crap about the molestation and sex/porn scandals. It can make him and the department look bad even if he is completely innocent. What his family and friends do can be a reflection on him in his law enforcement career.

Is it common to let a person take a car for a test drive without having the salesperson in the car with them? I've been with a few friends to test drive cars, and always end up sitting in the backseat, because the salesperson is in the front passenger seat, while the prospective buyer is driving. - Maybe we do things differently in Australia?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Interesting...He still can take crap from the officers he is contact with in relations to his volunteer constable job. I bet he took some crap about the molestation and sex/porn scandals. It can make him and the department look bad even if he is completely innocent. What his family and friends do can be a reflection on him in his law enforcement career.

Different counties. JD is in Washington, IIRC. Silaom Springs is in Benton County. 

8 hours ago, kalamac said:

Is it common to let a person take a car for a test drive without having the salesperson in the car with them? I've been with a few friends to test drive cars, and always end up sitting in the backseat, because the salesperson is in the front passenger seat, while the prospective buyer is driving. - Maybe we do things differently in Australia?

In my experience it isn't done. I guess there were soooo many customers a salesperson couldn't be spared, lol!

• Love 5