Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Todo Limpio

Jeff heads to the doctor with Gage and their surrogate, Alexandra, for the implantation of their embryos. Also, Jenni tries to juggle her job and motherhood, and Zoila takes over as house manager.

I thought Meghan was being ridiculous suggesting the need to plexiglass the rail in Kelly's house. Yes, Jeff doesn't know what he is getting into but that sort of alarmist thinking drives me nuts.

• Love 3

If I was the homeowner watching them take down my chandelier that way, I would think twice about having them do any other work for me.  The lack of foresight was astounding.  Is that the level of sub-contractor that Jeff will employ on my job?

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I thought Meghan was being ridiculous suggesting the need to plexiglass the rail in Kelly's house. Yes, Jeff doesn't know what he is getting into but that sort of alarmist thinking drives me nuts.

I thought so too. I have never heard of anyone putting plexiglass on a railing like that.

2 hours ago, rehoboth said:

If I was the homeowner watching them take down my chandelier that way, I would think twice about having them do any other work for me.  The lack of foresight was astounding.  Is that the level of sub-contractor that Jeff will employ on my job?

I agree, but I don't think it was necessarily the sub-contractors fault. Both Jeff & Jenni had been at the home before so obviously knew what taking down that chandelier would entail. But it was clear that the electrician had no idea what he was going to be asked to do, other than to take down a bunch of lighting fixtures. Jenni & Jeff should have very specifically told the contractor in advance that he would need to bring scaffolding to take down the chandelier and that it was very heavy so he would need to bring several people to help. Or how about sending pictures to the electrician so he could see for himself what the job would involve. Jeff had Jenni drive 1.5 hours to supervise the removal of electrical fixture so there would be no issues, but didn't do the necessary planning to ensure there would be no issues! Dumb. If that were my house and I saw how precariously that ladder was positioned I would have told them to stop and come back another day with the necessary equipment to get the chandelier down safely.

What I like about the show is that, for the most part, it seems to be the actual things that are happening in Jeff's business and in their lives. The 'day in the life of Jenni' that they showed this episode seemed like a real look at her daily life juggling work & family rather than a made up script. So many of the Bravo reality shows are just endless scenes of people who aren't really friends in real life getting together at made up parties & trips and getting into stupid arguments (I'm looking at you Real Housewives.).

Agree with those who can't stand Zoila. Jeff and most of the people in the show are witty and funny, even if their sense of humor tends to be sarcastic and can sometimes come off as mean spirited. I think Zoila tries to do the same, but she's just not quick or funny enough to pull it off so she comes off as just mean, obnoxious and unfunny. 

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

Agree with those who can't stand Zoila. Jeff and most of the people in the show are witty and funny, even if their sense of humor tends to be sarcastic and can sometimes come off as mean spirited. I think Zoila tries to do the same, but she's just not quick or funny enough to pull it off so she comes off as just mean, obnoxious and unfunny. 

Unfortunately Jeff thinks she's hilarious, so we're stuck with the entitiled Zoila.

I enjoyed seeing a little bit of Jenny's life, house, husband, daughter. I'm glad she's happy and has a nice life. I remember the early Flipping Out days when she was married to that other asshole and was completely devastated when they divorced. Good for you, Jenny! 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9

Something I noticed when watching this new season is that Jeff, or Jeff and Gage have a certain type of woman they go for. The surrogate, when she was sitting in the back seat looked and spoke so much like Sarah Berkman from season 3-5  and in the one scene when Megan was following them to meet a client she also looked a lot like Sarah with the hair, body shape, tight jeans and oversized boots.  I guess with Jeff's desperation for order in his life he subconsciously made that life decision long ago without even realizing it, even Gage is blonde and fair skinned.

Speaking of Gage, I have never liked him and I still don't. That smirk he's always wearing is so pretentious! Jenny's daughter is adorable.

51 minutes ago, citychic said:

Speaking of Gage, I have never liked him and I still don't. That smirk he's always wearing is so pretentious! Jenny's daughter is adorable.

See, I think Gage should be nominated for sainthood for putting up with Jeff. The way he just calmly explained how Jeff's outburst about Gage's driving was more about Jeff's anxiety about the IVF was so insightful. Jeff has mellowed considerably from the first two or three seasons, and I attribute that to some of Gage's zen evenness rubbing off on him. 

• Love 17
56 minutes ago, Princess Kelbop said:

See, I think Gage should be nominated for sainthood for putting up with Jeff. The way he just calmly explained how Jeff's outburst about Gage's driving was more about Jeff's anxiety about the IVF was so insightful. Jeff has mellowed considerably from the first two or three seasons, and I attribute that to some of Gage's zen evenness rubbing off on him. 

I agree that Gage seems to have quite a handle on Jeff's issues and how they relate to his behavior.  It took me about a decade longer to get to that place with my husband. 

I really hope their child is attractive because I can see Jeff subconsciously having less tolerance for her if she isn't cute. 

It is hard to really anticipate every single issue that might arise with demolition. I imagine they catch most.

Jenni is really lucky that no one got hurt taking down that chandelier.  When the guy said that he was going to Home Depot I would have simply called it a day and rescheduled, especially since she had to be somewhere for her child.  She seemed near tears when she arrived at the school. 

• Love 3

I really hope their child is attractive because I can see Jeff subconsciously having less tolerance for her if she isn't cute. 

To be fair, Jeff adorned Ryan's daughter and she wasn't cute.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I remember their sweet relationship, but I don't remember the child herself. I am encouraged. 

• Love 1

Chloe looks like Ryan. I remember Jeff's relationship with her to consist of him teaching her anti-social behavior like screaming "bad baby" at her doll while she hit it and threw it on the ground. Real sweet.

• Love 2
On 7/15/2016 at 6:02 PM, biakbiak said:

Meh, for all his crap, Jeff is a softie. 

I though she looked just like Ryan, that baby was snarky as hell, cute too.

• Love 3

A tenant of mine asked for permission to install plexiglass over their stair railing to protect their child. The stairs were code compliant but the parents were still concerned. The plexiglass was not permanently mounted. 

First time we visited my inlaws with our 18 mo oldish daughter, they had wrapped rope around their open railing to prevent her from falling through.  Too bad they didn't prevent her from flushing the bathtub plug down the toilet and stopping it up.  

• Love 3

I remember Jeff's relationship with her to consist of him teaching her anti-social behavior like screaming "bad baby" at her doll while she hit it and threw it on the ground. Real sweet.

Jeff taught her to lift up her shirt and say "Girls gone wild!", and to respond "Hooters!" when he would ask her where she wanted to work when she grew up. Which struck me as funny at the time, but I'm pretty irreverent and also child free. (Gage would obviously not find it amusing if someone taught his daughter such things). 

I was impressed that on WWHL the other night, they gave Jeff a quiz about taking care of a baby. He got almost every question right and he didn't provide a single sarcastic or smart assy answer. Impressive! 

• Love 3

I know how to take care of children but would chew my leg off to escape having to do so.

Jeff said they wanted to be hands on but hadn't decided what that would consist of. To me that's someone who won't put the baby first. Jeff truly loves his pets but hires others to take care of them. The baby will be the same thing unless Gage puts his foot down now, the baby will be very loved when Jeff feels like it.

• Love 1
On 7/15/2016 at 6:22 AM, rehoboth said:

I'm guessing the chandelier was trash and they took it down that way with the owner's permission for entertainment value. Didn't she say at one point that they could just drop it?

Yeah I am pretty sure it is not going to reuse it, it doesn't match at all the aesthetic that they are going for in the remodel. It will probably be donated but they bought the house to gut it so it's not like there was any attachment to it.

16 hours ago, John M said:

I'm guessing the chandelier was trash and they took it down that way with the owner's permission for entertainment value. Didn't she say at one point that they could just drop it?

Thank you - I missed that part.  Makes more sense now. :-)

15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Yeah I am pretty sure it is not going to reuse it, it doesn't match at all the aesthetic that they are going for in the remodel. It will probably be donated but they bought the house to gut it so it's not like there was any attachment to it.

I highly doubt it was very valuable if they were taking it down in that manner, they probably needed a scissor lift to take it down properly and someone trained to do so along with transporting it to the site and back, if it was going to become a whole expensive operation it's easy to see the owners just saying just get it down, if it breaks it breaks.

I'm not a chandelier expert but I am sure it's not a Baccarat chandelier or anything and I bet Jeff or one of his associates has a pretty good idea of the value of the chandelier and it was decided that it just wasn't worth the effort to deal with reselling it vs the cost to make sure it came down in perfect/good condition. 

Actually unless it is an antique or something special like a Baccarat it's easy to imagine that there is in fact zero market for used chandeliers, where would the markets for people penny pinching on a major and long term fixture and needing a massive chandelier even intersect?

Shards of crystal, glass,  and metal flying around non protected workers, two women observing, a film crew, and tens of thousands of dollar film equipment from the crash seems like a fun idea. 

• Love 1

you might want to demo the floor but you don't want to damage the sub-floor. If you're not completely ripping out the stairs and walls you don't want to replace wall board , stairs and railings that were damaged.

• Love 2