Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

The dancing in this clip is pretty underwhelming.  I don't know if these ladies simply weren't as good of a dancer than the current squad or if the choreography was just bad.

This was nearly 40 years ago. The squad probably didn’t require the technique or experience NFL teams have today. It also probably wasn’t that hard to impress people back then. Put the Cowboys logo on something and Ohh Ahhh how cool. 

• Love 1

I just heard a radio interview by Big and Rich and they said they met one of the victims in the Vegas shooting in their meet and greet line before it happened. Big John was choked up about it. So tragic!   They also said they had to hide in a small room while this was going on and were wondering if when they could get out of there.

From what I'd heard, Jason Aldean didn't even know what was going on until he'd gotten off-stage.  He'd kept performing until someone told him to get moving.  There were some sick, sorry people that were trying to paint him as a coward because he didn't tell people what was going on (when he didn't know himself), that he didn't stop to help people or that he didn't try to do more than just exit stage-whatever.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

From what I'd heard, Jason Aldean didn't even know what was going on until he'd gotten off-stage.  He'd kept performing until someone told him to get moving.  There were some sick, sorry people that were trying to paint him as a coward because he didn't tell people what was going on (when he didn't know himself), that he didn't stop to help people or that he didn't try to do more than just exit stage-whatever.

You can even see him being ushered off the stage before it registered to everyone else what's going on. He had no clue.

• Love 2
On 8/29/2017 at 5:08 PM, ellekotonyok said:

So I didn't really know who to tell but I got selected to compete in Miss Teen Pasadena! If I win the next round I'll go onto represent Miss Teen California in Nationals! I wore my Cowboys bracelet and they asked what our favourite show is and I said Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team! AAAH 

How did you make out with the competition?

ShellyB.  What is the arrangement that allows DCC alums to come back sometimes with  their families on the field on game day?  Obviously they have tickets to the game.   Do they have a lifetime membership to come take photo’s on the field?  I assume it is after the game ends?  How does this work?  

9 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

ShellyB.  What is the arrangement that allows DCC alums to come back sometimes with  their families on the field on game day?  Obviously they have tickets to the game.   Do they have a lifetime membership to come take photo’s on the field?  I assume it is after the game ends?  How does this work?  

There is limited access to the field and you need field passes in order to get on the turf. Perhaps the suites that they are guests in, hand them out. 

11 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

How did you make out with the competition?

I didn't place top 20, but I was ranked right under top 20, i think they said I was 22. A few of the top 10 and 20 girls can't go to nationals, so I'm able to take one of those places and go! The problem with that is, though, that it's 2 thousand for sponsorship, flight and hotel, and my mum is sick so she can't go. But I had lots of fun being in the pageant! Thank you for asking :) 

• Love 5

I see that this thread originally started as a place for people to make intros, so I figured I'd formally introduce myself.  My wife starting watching the show about 6 years ago, and she didn't exactly have to twist my arm to watch with her.  I predictably comment mostly on the physical appearance when watching with my wife, but I will try to limit that on here unless the convo steers itself that way.  I found this site while trying to figure out what happened with Holly and Jenna and thought I'd stick around and share some of my perspectives with other fans.  At this point in our marriage, my wife typically greets my comments with eye rolls and elbows.  Justifiably so. 

• Love 6

Yes, we finally got our land line phone and internet problems taken care of today. We have been without land line phone service for almost six weeks, and I hate using a cell phone. I guess there was a cable in our neighborhood causing the problem. It is nice to have our internet running better.

For Halloween Cassie's husband dressed as a Mariachi with poor trumpet playing skills and her brother and his gf/wife as Rayon and Ron from Dallas Buyers Club.  I'm kinda surprised nobody else has said anything about it.  It was on her Instagram stories.  So many people were offended by Kashara's sombrero post and aids/hiv is definitely not funny.  Particularly ignorant choices in my opinion.

• Love 2
On 10/12/2017 at 7:14 PM, RedDelicious said:

I just want you all to know that my silver Chasse TCC practice poms just arrived in the mail and I've been shaking them in my home office when I need a brain break from work. 

*hangs head

Hang your head!?  Hell to the NO!  You need to take those suckers outside and do sexy hips in your front yard! 

Other, regular, boring people might wonder about your sanity if you do, but you never know.  Maybe one of us fanatics lives nearby and will come squeeing over to join your triangle!

Edited by Lady GenX
Because it sexy HIPS, not sexy LEGS!
  • Love 7

I was watching the Rio 2016 test event for rhythmic gymnastics (Rio Olympics) and felt really bad for Elizaveta Nazarenkova in her ball routine.  She was lined up to be one of the top qualifiers and ended up in 11th after the ball went off the mat leaving her to scramble after it.  She was out of the top 8 (only the top 8 can qualify if you didn't qualify for the Olympics at another appropriate event) and was 1st runner up.  That has GOT to hurt.  She looked completely devastated in the kiss-n-cry area afterwards.

Edited by EricaShadows

From the discussion in Tryouts and Training Camp, the custom made baby uniform bugs me because the children's costume that you can purchase, which Cassie herself modeled as a child and the other little girls wear, wasn't enough so they had one made for Lennon out of the same material as the official cheerleader's uniform.  Right down to the rhinestone studs on the cuffs.  For a two-year-old.  So she's already perceived as "better" than the other girls because she has a custom made uniform as opposed to a play costume.  It seems overly excessive to me and it smells like nepotism.  On top of the caption that automatically assumes that Lennon will one day be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.  And poor Lennon is crying.  I don't like kids but I also don't like to see them upset like that.  It's not funny to me at all.  I do not understand Cassie's sense of humor.  Cassie thinks AIDS and cultural appropriation is funny and I don't, so I'm pre-disposed to disliking her actions because I can't relate to her at all.  She thinks her poo doesn't stink.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

From the discussion in Tryouts and Training Camp, the custom made baby uniform bugs me because the children's costume that you can purchase, which Cassie herself modeled as a child and the other little girls wear, wasn't enough so they had one made for Lennon out of the same material as the official cheerleader's uniform.  Right down to the rhinestone studs on the cuffs.  For a two-year-old.  So she's already perceived as "better" than the other girls because she has a custom made uniform as opposed to a play costume.  It seems overly excessive to me and it smells like nepotism.  On top of the caption that automatically assumes that Lennon will one day be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.  And poor Lennon is crying.  I don't like kids but I also don't like to see them upset like that.  It's not funny to me at all.  I do not understand Cassie's sense of humor.  Cassie thinks AIDS and cultural appropriation is funny and I don't, so I'm pre-disposed to disliking her actions because I can't relate to her at all.  She thinks her poo doesn't stink.

Did Cassie or Judy say her uniform was made out of the same material as the cheerleaders? Is this material anyone can buy and create?

My granny made us 'custom' costumes all the time but that didn't make us better than kids who had store bought Belle or Cinderella. Just meant Granny had mad sewing skills and doted on us.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

And poor Lennon is crying.  I don't like kids but I also don't like to see them upset like that.  It's not funny to me at all. 

You sound like my mother LOL (except, of course, for the part about not liking kids).  She really hates when kids are prompted to scream on TV..I think I heard they take something away from the kids so they get upset.  She calls it abuse, and to be honest I can't disagree.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
Just now, UnicornKicks said:

Did Cassie or Judy say her uniform was made out of the same material as the cheerleaders? Is this material anyone can buy and create?

My granny made us 'custom' costumes all the time but that didn't make us better than kids who had store bought Belle or Cinderella. Just meant Granny had mad sewing skills and doted on us.

Hi Unicornkicks!  If you look at the photos, especially the squad photo with Lennon, the materials are exactly the same texture and the shade of blue is exactly the same, as is the collar, the sleeves, the rhinestones on the cuffs and the crystals on the fringe and the stars.  Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely adorable.  But its also easy to figure out where it came from :)  The difference is very noticeable in the photo of Lennon and Brittany Evan's daughter standing together.  I don't understand why she can't wear the play costume like all the other little girls who don't have access to the team seamstress.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

You sound like my mother LOL (except, of course, for the part about not liking kids).  She really hates when kids are prompted to scream on TV..I think I heard they take something away from the kids so they get upset.  She calls it abuse, and to be honest I can't disagree.

Seriously!!  I was pretty cute as a kid and people made a fuss over me.  I EFFING HATED IT and hated being the center of attention, even now as an average looking adult.  Seeing a little girl cry like that makes my heart hurt, no matter what the circumstances.  I know it's cute to have a mini-cheerleader but she is clearly intimidated by 36 adults she doesn't know :(

That being said, I'm totally not a kid person.  Maybe because I was so uncomfortable all the time when I was one.  Ugh.

• Love 2

Well, @RedDelicious, you don't have to be a "kid person" to feel bad for them as human beings.  You sound like a nice, compassionate person! 

When I say I'm not a kid person, I mean that I don't have a whole hell of a lot of patience for them, but I can't honestly say I don't like them.  I was a super shy kid, always hiding behind my mother, so maybe I'm uncomfortable like you are.

Edited by ByTor
"don't dislike" and "don't like" do not mean the same thing!

I’m going straight to hell, because one of my favorite things about Christmas and Easter pics are the crying kiddos. Maybe because I know they’re super loved and kids with their brand of crazy just makes me laugh. 

Lisa the seamstress has been making uniforms for a jillion years and seems to have an excellent rapport with Judy and Kelli. I wouldn’t be surprised if she made the skirted uniform as a baby gift/birthday present/yay you’re a grandma type thing, or she might have been hired to make one. 

Even if she had used the same peachskin blue poly, there are probably enough scraps around from making originals and leftover uniforms to put a baby’s costume together. I honestly didn’t think the blue looked like the same color and it’s not like white polyester is a rare commodity. 

Either way, I thought the pictures were funny. The tied shirt is just awkward fitting on the little girl but I liked the little skirt. Cute. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Either way, I thought the pictures were funny. The tied shirt is just awkward fitting on the little girl but I liked the little skirt. Cute. 

Too me it looks like it is some kind of mock tie to look like the original. I agree, it does look really awkward. You can see it in this pic better.

Screenshot_2017-10-31-18-22-30.png

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Too me it looks like it is some kind of mock tie to look like the original. I agree, it does look really awkward. You can see it in this pic better.

Screenshot_2017-10-31-18-22-30.png

Oh, I forgot about that pic. Too funny, and Britney’s (?) little girl is a little shortie like her mom! Super cute. 

I like the longer length top too. Kiddos and their cute baby bellies are precious, but just a bit longer would look better and play better too I think. 

12 hours ago, kalibean said:

I’m going straight to hell, because one of my favorite things about Christmas and Easter pics are the crying kiddos. Maybe because I know they’re super loved and kids with their brand of crazy just makes me laugh. 

Lisa the seamstress has been making uniforms for a jillion years and seems to have an excellent rapport with Judy and Kelli. I wouldn’t be surprised if she made the skirted uniform as a baby gift/birthday present/yay you’re a grandma type thing, or she might have been hired to make one. 

Even if she had used the same peachskin blue poly, there are probably enough scraps around from making originals and leftover uniforms to put a baby’s costume together. I honestly didn’t think the blue looked like the same color and it’s not like white polyester is a rare commodity. 

A crying Santa pic is every parents god given right! Until you’ve destroyed your body, given up sleep permanently, and had your life taken over by an infant, you have no right to say otherwise!!!!! ??

• Love 2

I just saw the story and was coming here to post it when I saw this.  As for who it is, Simone Biles is a gymnast who competed at the Rio Olympic Games and came home with either four or five gold medals (one team gold and the rest for individual events).  From what I've been hearing, she's heading for the 2020 games.

I'm not into the "artistic" gymnastics (the most common type with the uneven bars/balance beam/floor/etc.) as I prefer the rhythmic gymnastics.  That seems to be the harder of the two "dominant" types, though I've heard that there are other types of gymnastics that don't make the Olympics or even the news.

Edited by EricaShadows

My second child is a senior in high school this year, which means - among other things - the stress of watching your child prepare college applications again, but also the joy of knowing that you have helped them grow up and get this far.  Graduating high school is such a big right of passage, and after that they really are young adults who are not home half as often as you'd wish.  We hear about the early application decision this week, so either :) or  :(.

• Love 1
On 12/11/2017 at 10:22 AM, California Girl said:

My second child is a senior in high school this year, which means - among other things - the stress of watching your child prepare college applications again, but also the joy of knowing that you have helped them grow up and get this far.  Graduating high school is such a big right of passage, and after that they really are young adults who are not home half as often as you'd wish.  We hear about the early application decision this week, so either :) or  :(.

Senior year hit me like a bus haha 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Aww, you are so young.  Well enjoy your Senior year of HS @ellekotonyok, and may you get into whatever college you want to attend (or achieve whatever your next goal may be, DCC perhaps?)!

I want to audition, it's always been something I've wanted to do, but I am not a dancer. So off to pre med studies it is! 

• Love 4

Hi! Random question. I got a signed team picture from my friend who visited the DCCs during Christmas! I keep forgetting to measure it when I leave the house and I need to buy a frame ? for those that have one, what size is it? Document frame? 9x12? Thank you!

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

I saw the photo on some entertainment site.   I guess they just want to be in the spotlight no matter what venue.

Yep. They were on DCC:MTT (briefly), Ben’s season of The Bachelor, Bachelor in Paradise, and Ben & Lauren’s Bachelor spin-off.  I just read recently that they’re now getting their own Bachelor spin-off.

I am very ashamed of myself for knowing this and question my life choices. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

I am very ashamed of myself for knowing this and question my life choices. 

I'm so with you on this - but guilty pleasures are some of the best pleasures.  For instance, right now, it is almost 4 in the morning and I am up perusing a reality show board while drinking hot chocolate and eating leftover candy canes.  No judgment here ?

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, ByTor said:

As long as you don't actually watch the spinoff you're fine :)

Those answers are just hilarious!  When The Bachelor was in its early years I did watch it.  Unfortunately I am not not comfortable with all the explicit sex on the show and just cannot watch it now.