Type keyword(s) to search

Little People in the Media

• Start Topic

I'm not wild about this article, but, the photos are awesome.  How cute is baby Jackson!  Man, that's one adorable kid.  And Amy looks stunning!  It's an odd outfit, but, she really does pull it off.  Love her hair and makeup.  Most of the conclusions in the article seem bogus to me.  Of course, Amy's not going to hang with Caryn.  We know that.  That's no secret.  But, the day seemed festive and a happy time. Plus, it looks like they were open for business.  So, I suppose all of them were working.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4963960/Matt-Roloff-celebrates-56th-birthday-ex-Amy-snubbed.html

• Love 3

Matt and Caryn have run the Pumpkin  Season together since before the divorce. We saw that on various episodes. Caryn is the manager. She manages. Amy has been the greeter and just overall wanderer all that time.   

Why should Amy  attend her exhusbands informal birthday?  I’m sure she wished him a happy Birthday  she saw him out and about.  A story about nothing. 

• Love 2

After, last season, it's pretty clear Amy no longer wishes that Matt would reconsider his wish to separate and divorce. I will say, it shocks me not at all that Amy doesn't parade her man in front of Matt or make a public to-do of making Matt see her with Chris, while Matt still needs to parade in public with his employee/lover complete with celebrating his birthday at the farm with all his guests...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Willowsmom said:

BTW that wasn't an outfit it was a costume. Amy sometimes wears costumes to the pumpkin patch.

Yeah, that makes sense.  I wore something similar to a 50's theme party once.  Looks great on her, though. 

• Love 1

What's up with the Little People TV invasion? First of all Little People Big World had my interest as a wholesome family that were pretty normal for awhile. In one eposoide Matts Dad said it all when he basically said these littlePeople need to get it together. Matt really showed a different face during the second and on going shows. The DWI's as well as his continuing superior attitude was front and center. Eventually Molly and Zak became background stories with the twin boys taking front and center. Who would guess that Molly and her brother would run for the hills once they became able.

The current story line has taken a dive with the divorce ruining the foundation of family that highlighted the main plot. Amy is my biggest disappointment as with her poor decision makers nag skills as well as her romance with a average sized guy. It's not the size issue its just apparent her new guy isn't real interested as she wants and it's pretty sickening the way she acts about her life in general.

I think the other plots with kids wife's and Baby's are not enough to keep a good audience.

Move over Rollofs 7 Little Johnstons stole the show!!!

• Love 1
On 21/06/2017 at 3:29 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

The ruminations of a spoiled, bitter, overgrown adolescent who thought he was too smart for college? Sign me up! 

JK, no thanks, I already dated a couple of those and their ruminations were boring AF.

Verbing: a Booklet by. 24 whole pages. Failed hipster son #2’s return home is probably imminent.

I guess he couldn’t leave the dogs at home if his home is his car. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2

Well, maybe if his father and mother had bothered to raise him, he might have turned out better. But since Matt "I'm Awesome at parenting!" and Amy "I'm also Awesome at parenting" both publicly stated they were done with parenting their children when Jacob was 12, they only have themselves to blame when the youngest sees no way to support himself except to follow their example and sell his private moments. 

It was a real turn off watching two grown adults publicly note they were no longer bothering to raise their child. Maybe if Jacob had parents who actually gave a shit, instead of you know, publicly stating they did not intend to parent him as they were tired from dealing with the children they felt were more important, he might have turned into a more employable adult.

I do think Jacob needs to own his own life choices but let's not pretend that his parents raised him as they raised precious Jeremy, the crown prince lavished with love, constant attention, constant material treats, and of course constant praise.

And hey, look how the crown prince turned out - shilling his daughter's photos for money and writing a blog about how he and the wife chant their wedding vows to get erotic. 

Molly is the only one who seems capable of not turning to the media with their hands out for a living. 

• Love 5

Congratulations to Jacob and his fiancee!  They are engaged.  He says that he's happy and that they are showing their love by traveling around and living it day by day.  Hmm......sounds fun.  Must be nice.  He says he's on good terms with his parents now and that he did go through a rebellious period.  Sounds like he's been thinking.  I wonder if another Roloff farm WEDDING is in the works?  It could supply them some travel money.  lol

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/01/jacob-roloff-gets-engaged/

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Good for Jacob.  Like some of the Duggar kids, Jacob was a "lost kid".  He got lost in the shuffle, was non-existent to his dad, was almost killed on the farm (only to have the thing that almost killed him come back the next year), and was essentially an employee of the show, but never got paid for it directly.  Plus, the leghumpers were never kind to him.  I'm happy for him, and hope he has found whatever he was missing in his life.

• Love 7

Yes, I recall how when Matt attempted to interject rules of the house after Jacob and friends burned their furniture, Amy jumped in and had a fit.  Apparently, Amy wasn't that keen on house rules. lol  She also claimed to be an empty nester when Jacob was still living at home. It didn't appear she spend much time with him. 

I read that he had drug issues, but, I suppose he is doing better and they have put that behind them.  I hope that's true. Plus, he may be able to legally use pot now, depending on what state he's in.  lol

https://screenrant.com/little-people-big-world-dark-secrets-trivia-facts/

5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yes, I recall how when Matt attempted to interject rules of the house after Jacob and friends burned their furniture, Amy jumped in and had a fit.  Apparently, Amy wasn't that keen on house rules. lol  She also claimed to be an empty nester when Jacob was still living at home. It didn't appear she spend much time with him. 

I read that he had drug issues, but, I suppose he is doing better and they have put that behind them.  I hope that's true. Plus, he may be able to legally use pot now, depending on what state he's in.  lol

https://screenrant.com/little-people-big-world-dark-secrets-trivia-facts/

The twins got so much attention (Zach due to his health issues, and Jerkamy because he's the golden boy), and with Molly being the only girl, Jacob was foisted off on to Mike, the soccer coach and family friend.  Then Mike died suddenly, and no one seemed to know what to do with Jacob.

I don't recall the crux of Amy's "empty nest" comments, but I remember thinking they were being taken out of context by the show.  But still, you are right - she was never good at enforcing rules.  I always suspected that had some to do with their dad only really wanting to bother with Jerk (or "Farmer", as Matt calls him).  And you could definitely tell by the time the twins almost didn't graduate that Amy had this "Oh crap, what did I do" kind of aura around her.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Has anyone heard anything about Molly recently?  I didn't even hear her mentioned at the Father's Day gathering. 

4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't think they're even allowed to mention Molly or Jacob unless it's quick in passing. It seems wrong to do a 'family' show & have to act like two of their kids almost don't exist.

Someone mentioned Molly not being at Jacob's engagement party, and Amy said she was busy with work and couldn't get away from Spokane, but she was coming down soon.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, okay. I wonder if she visits much.  I may be off, but, I wonder if she likes not being around for the drama and the show.  There would likely be some drama, even without the show, but, with producers wanting show drama, I get how it would be annoying. 

I did find this:

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a19702202/molly-roloff-little-people-big-world/

Molly always seemed to be level-headed, and I can't blame her if she decided to opt out.  I was also happy to see a screen cap on that article where someone tried to goad Matt into slamming Amy, and he instead said that most of the drama is producer-driven, and he's getting tired of it.  Some of that could have been for show, but at least he gave a clap-back to a leg-humper.

I don't think Matt was really standing up to the leg humper in that comment as much as he was attempting to deflect blame for his own nasty attitude onto the producers. He was just taking advantage of that post to make excuses for how he is coming across on the show in my opinion.

I think Matt would like the audience to believe the drama is producer driven and that his animosity for Amy is being exaggerated. But after watching the scene of him and Caryn this week sitting there talking about what a struggle it was live so close to Amy (in what I found to be a very snide fashion) I don't buy any of his claims it's the producers who are making things so negative.

Matt repeatedly demonstrates a willingness to criticize Amy and vent his frustration with Amy and say how much better Caryn is for him than Amy was. Those things all come out of his mouth and he needs to own it, not blame the producers for using it. If he doesn't want that stuff on TV or for the show to have that kind of negative energy, then he needs to stop radiating negativity and hostility in front of the camera. Not blame the producers for showing the reality of his mindset. 

I also find it hard to believe that given Matt's obvious negativity toward Amy, somehow miles of footage of him singing her praises and showing warmth and respect for her all ended up on the cutting room floor. Maybe Matt should not only stop trash-talking his ex but try saying a few decent things about her every once in awhile so the producers at least have the option of showing their relationship in a more positive light.  

• Love 13

I think Matt would like the audience to believe the drama is producer driven and that his animosity for Amy is being exaggerated. But after watching the scene of him and Caryn this week sitting there talking about what a struggle it was live so close to Amy (in what I found to be a very snide fashion) I don't buy any of his claims it's the producers who are making things so negative.

Exactly. Celia, I am sure you remember the old saying from TWOP? "They can't show what you don't say". Matt goes on camera bitching about Amy and guess what? That's what the producers show because arguing sells. If Matt doesn't like it, then he needs to either stop braying his hate like an ass or he needs to reconsider being on tv. 

• Love 12

No idea if it's true either but Caryn no longer working on the farm doesn't necessarily mean she split with Matt. I mean, from a work standpoint, it's actually super inappropriate for Matt and Caryn to have a relationship  with Caryn also overseeing Matt's employees.

• Love 1

Caryn could be moving on with new business opportunities.  I can see how working on the farm might not be for everyone, especially, if the work environment is tense.  And if she and Matt aren't still an item.....better they know now before they move in together or get married.  I hope they haven't broken up.  I actually like what we have seen of her. 

• Love 1
(edited)

They never cared about what was appropriate before. I doubt if they developed a sudden concern for propriety. And I can't imagine what fabulous business opportunities suddenly appeared that would lure Caryn away from her cushy gig working for her lover. Did she hook up with the husband of a woman whose family owns an even bigger farm? Ha.

They've already been through the worst of it with Amy so I doubt it's an inability to cope with her presence that drove poor little Caryn away. I think it's far more likely that Caryn realizes Matt is never leaving the farm, he is not going to splurge on a "big house" for her,  and he is a selfish, narcissistic little prick who isn't going to treat her any better than he did Amy.  Throw in being preoccupied with two new grandkids and his one true love himself the farm, Caryn probably realized she's never have any more than she has right now and threw in the towel. 

As far as Matt is concerned, I suspect that once he was in a real relationship with Caryn and she showed the slightest frustration or impatience she basically turned into Amy in his eyes.  He probably responded to her the same way he did to Amy and that isn't gonna fly with a grown woman who (1) isn't tied down with a bunch of kids, and (2) has plenty of other options.

I think their relationship is over. At least by can see how it would be. It's one of those "be careful what you wish for" scenarios. The idea of it was so appealing but making it work on an actual day to day basis was something else entirely.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 11

They never cared about what was appropriate before. I doubt if they developed a sudden concern for propriety.

I think it was Zach who once said that his father really cared deeply about what people thought of him and his reputation. It's honestly pretty bad to be on tv with "The wife and I divorced and I decided to start dating the woman I have worked with for YEARS" because even if it was as perfectly innocent as Matt wants us to think... it's hard to ignore the obvious possibilities.

They've already been through the worst of it with Amy so I doubt it's an inability to cope with her presence that drove poor little Caryn away.

I'm going to be really fair and kind to Caryn here. I think she genuinely considered herself Amy's friend and feels bad about adding to the over all awkwardness of the situation. As Matt refuses to leave, Caryn has to realize that she's always going to be creating a bitch point.

Caryn probably realized she's never have any more than she has right now and threw in the towel. 

And this. And I don't think its selfish of any woman to consider her options. Ignoring all the medical downsides of Matt, he's a guy who is obsessed with having his way. Most of his house bitching has utterly nothing to do with options and comfort, it's that he perceives it as Amy winning over him. Matt also has more than a little understanding that he can't go much further with Caryn without a commitment because he's positioned himself as a Christian man - his books and facebook make this clear. 

As far as Matt is concerned, I suspect that once he was in a real relationship with Caryn and she showed the slightest frustration or impatience she basically turned into Amy in his eyes.  He probably responded to her the same way he did to Amy and that isn't gonna fly with a grown woman who (1) isn't tied down with a bunch of kids, and (2) has plenty of other options.

His little bitch fest about taking a day off should have been eye opening to her. More seriously, I think it's possible that the "be careful what you wish for" scenario you outlined could be in play. But because I have no real anger toward either, I hope this article is incorrect. Frankly having Caryn around makes Matt much less sympathetic ;)

• Love 1

As predicted, the leghumpers are already blaming Caryn for "making mat do dangerous things, like walk across sand", and Chris is a pervert with a dwarf fetish.  I'm hoping they didn't split up, because this will all be Amy's fault somehow.......

• Love 5

Yeah, the walking across the "dangerous" sand amused me as Matt moaned, because I was reminded of Matt proudly bragging how he was gonna ski regardless of his issues.... and how many times a year does Matt go to the dangerous beaches of Hawaii and choose to physically torture himself. 

• Love 5

A Facebook post of Matt’s wished Caryn( along with everyone else) a Happy Mothers Day. She was, however listed pretty much last/ way behind Amy. 

I dont think they’ve split (yet)/ but I think they will eventually.  I do think Caryn might have switched jobs.  Working for Matt and Amy is inappropriate. The other employees probably perceived unfairness between their treatment and hers ( vacations with the boss?).  Also- would you want to report to your significant others ex- regardless of whom it was?  

• Love 5

I'm not a fan of Caryn's so that's where I'm coming from as I say...

Caryn seems, to me, the type of woman who will pull away from a man if she isn't getting what she wants. For instance, perhaps Matt was resisting vacationing more than he already does and she wasn't feeling it. I.e. She wanted more beach days and he is so reluctant to go on one without much cajoling. So, perhaps she pulled back some on the affection level. Then, perhaps Matt decided not to flip the Bethany house and rather decided to move there(which he did, no?) while Caryn may have wished for him to build a new house on the gorgeous farm so she pulled back a little more. You know, in a passive-aggressive sort of manner...one Matt is intimately familiar with as he does the same thing to Amy but YMMV on that one. Caryn may have decided that drastic times call for drastic measures and told Matt they needed some 'distance' and resigned. Perhaps her end game is/was to make Matt miss her and acquiesce to some of her desires. Again, hypothetically speaking of course. 

This may not have been a Matt initiated split, hence him including her in his MD post. Maybe he's hoping she'll return to him, if she's left his side.

Yes, I know...so many 'maybes' and 'perhaps' and assumptions on my part but it's my take and I'm sticking to it LOL 

• Love 3
(edited)

As above article 'Radar revealed that Matt moved away from the farm and bought a new property on his own dime. While fans suspected it was their new love nest, Caryn was not listed as a co-owner. Did they move off the farm ? Im so behind,essentially follow through here now. Thank you :)

Edited by Ekatslovesrocknrol
  • Love 3

I actually think there is some careless reporting going on ... Matt may have bought and renovated a house but based on the pictures/videos of everything done on the property, he did not design it for a little person to live in.  It was all designed for an average height family.  I don't believe he has really moved away from the farm.

• Love 5

I don't believe he's moved away, either, at least not to that house *as presented*.

That said, if he was just flipping it, that took way too long to be profitable but I wonder with Jacob and his girl marrying soon if it might be a wedding gift.

Eh, I suspect he might be purchasing a home to be a snowbird in. I mean, the winters really are nice here. And Surprise - if thats where he is purchasing, is something of a snow bird community. Or he could be investing in real estate - Surprise is popular. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

please cite your source. His Facebook page says he’s on his way back to the farm after a couple weeks in AZ. 

It was radar on line ,  I wound up going back and reading it and the snowbird place makes sense.  It certainly more affordable  than a place in Hawaii.  

• Love 2

Just read Matt is moving to my "little" town, Surprise.  They called Surprise a "retirement community", far from that.  Surprise is made up mostly of young families.  Being we are so close to Luke AFB, lots of military.  Granted, there are retried people who live here.  I'll have to keep an eye out, heard he was at the local Lowes & Barnes and Noble

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/05/matt-roloff-confirms-move-to-arizona/

• Love 3

I think it depends on where you're at in Surprise and if he's actually buying IN surprise.

I live in North Phoenix (which isn't *separate* from Phoenix, I'm just near Deer Valley airport and I have plenty of cowrkers in Surprise who aren't decrepit because its a nice place to live and housing there is less expensive than in say, Scottsdale.  There are definitely retirement communities in Surprise and they're very nice and have some serious advantages. 

• Love 2