Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Steel Calzones

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, politichick said:

Thank you! The vitriol expressed toward her is kind of frightening. It's a fucking TV show. The girl knows she can be a bitch and owns it. At Dorinida's house, she said that she couldn't believe how horrible she was behaving. Carole and Dorinda know she's a bitch, too, but they like her and think she's funny. They don't have to be up her butt because they aren't criticizing her. They accept their friend for who she is but i don't think either would tolerate it if she was rude to them.

On a lighter note: I can't stop thinking about Dorinda's multicolored cape. I want it!

I used to be a Bethy fan and believed the same things you expressed. I believe now that when she self-flagellates ("I was horrible") it's to have a pity party for herself for acting out and bait to get the others to comfort and reassure her she wasn't such a monster/was provoked, etc. Which is exactly what happened. Like others have pointed out, she really just apologized to herself for letting someone make her stoop to that level. Meanwhile, no one was comforting the victim of her hit-and-run which is why Lu barged in on Jules' moment to herself.

45 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No, she did not apologize to Luann at all. Also, Luann did nothing to "provoke" Bethenny, she didn't call Bethenny any name(s), say anything bad about her, try to shame/humiliate/embarrass her or try to get her so upset that she would leave. All of which, by the way, Bethenny did to Luann. The only thing Luann did was speak up for Sonja, who Bethenny was trying to freeze out of the show. mona either but she isn't trying to force any of the others out of the show, only Bethenny is trying to do that.

There is very little difference between Nene and Bethenny IMO, very little. The only difference between them is that Bethenny has money where Nene is still scrambling to get hers. They both over talk the other HWs, they both call the others vile names, they both use second hand gossip as ammo to hurt others and they both try to freeze their intended targets out of filming, Oh, and neither is honest about their real lives.  Both are nasty, nasty women IMO.

I actually suspect it was the teasing of "Well, you copied my hair" that really set this unique, self-made millionaire off. That's when she seemed to lose it and she referenced it a bunch of times later ("What? You think I'm trying to look like you?") and then showed up for drinks with Lu with her hair styled differently.

Didn't Bethenny say Nene was her favorite Housewife? Think I recall that.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

No, she did not apologize to Luann at all. Also, Luann did nothing to "provoke" Bethenny, she didn't call Bethenny any name(s), say anything bad about her, try to shame/humiliate/embarrass her or try to get her so upset that she would leave. All of which, by the way, Bethenny did to Luann. The only thing Luann did was speak up for Sonja, who Bethenny was trying to freeze out of the show. Seriously, how dare Luann say nice things about someone Bethenny disapproves of, How. Dare. She! That is the only thing Luann did to set Bethenny off, who BTW, came into the house hunting for bear from the get go.

Luann has called Ramona out on her behavior but has acted like a good co-worker and hasn't tried to freeze her out like Bethenny did to Sonja and is now doing to Luann. And I don't like Ramona either but she isn't trying to force any of the others out of the show, only Bethenny is trying to do that.

There is very little difference between Nene and Bethenny IMO, very little. The only difference between them is that Bethenny has money where Nene is still scrambling to get hers. They both over talk the other HWs, they both call the others vile names, they both use second hand gossip as ammo to hurt others and they both try to freeze their intended targets out of filming, Oh, and neither is honest about their real lives.  Both are nasty, nasty women IMO.

LOL, Bethenny doesn't need this gig but she really, really does need this gig. After all she is back. Again, it is another example of how similar she/Nene really are. LOL That in itself is a scary reality, how similar Bethenny and Nene are, really scary.

I must admit that there are a lot of details that I don't recall on each episode.  It's only after reading these boards and on 2nd viewing do I catch some of the specifics of the dialogue that happens.  However, Luann saying she moved in with Sonja to help her and mentor her WAS funny!   It was hilarious.  Then when B busted out laughing, Lu was all, "so you think it's funny"?  Well, Yeah, what are you mentoring her in, how to nab another rich dude? How to have a good time?  But that's not what set Beth off, it was when she insinuated that she had a hand in B's business or brand.  Then she says that maybe B needs to get laid.  So it wasn't all a one way street.  There was some provocation there.  Also, I read several opinions that Beth entered Dorinda's house loaded for bear,  but that is just projection on the part of the haters of Bethenny.  She came in, sat down, they exchanged pleasantries, with Beth, at Luann's prompt, saying she was in a good place and that she was happier than she has been in a long time.  

Freezing Sonja out of the show?  No, she's freezing Sonja out of her life.  With good cause as far as I'm concerned.  Now, whether she gets air time on the show is up to TPTB.  And if Beth happens to have any such power, so be it.  She shouldn't have climbed on the back of B's brand when she didn't work for it to try to make a buck.  Whether Beth needs this show like Nene does is highly doubtful because unlike Nene, Bethenny is SMART, Nene not so much so she probably will/is running through her money faster and once she's off TV will revert to an average middle class citizen.  I think  Beth is more the hard working entrepreneurial type who also will  be more protective of her money thus will always maintain a higher lifestyle.  I don't see Beth and Nene as being alike at all.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Wait, what was it that Jules did to Bethenny before she ambushed her and her husband for their home choices, criticized her verbal skills, made snide comments with Carole while in her home, bullied her into admitting she has an eating disorder?  

As far as Ramona, she's not well loved here either.  But she's more of a caricature of a person and has never changed since the very first episode.  Bethenny, in contrast, has gone from the underdog into someone who lords her power over everyone.  She's someone for whom money didn't buy happiness.  She's someome who has morphed into a bitter pill of a person.  She's morphed into Jill Zarin, only worse.  That's probably the difference.

Questioning the layout of someone's new under construction home is not AMBUSHING them.  The placement of that pool was odd, at least on first appearance.  And as far as their choice of where it was, I think that was a private convo between Beth and Carol as they were driving up there.  Me and my husband have had similar views when on the rare occasion we will accept a friend's invitation for an event and they live an hour or more drive out of the city and we know that the only reason they moved so far out is because they can afford more real estate further out.  And that's okay if you're retired or work from home, but it's also true that that property will not sell for more than real estate that is closer to the city.  So why Beth and Carol are such self righteous superior mean girls cause they had a private convo along those lines is ridiculous.  

Did Beth 'Bully' Jules into admitting she had an eating disorder?  I didn't see any 'bullying'.  In any case, when they did meet for lunch, I saw 2 people who found something they can each relate to and were empathetic to each other.

Ramona may have never changed, but needs to.   Even her daughter was appalled at her treatment of Luann.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, DelicateDee said:

I must admit that there are a lot of details that I don't recall on each episode.  It's only after reading these boards and on 2nd viewing do I catch some of the specifics of the dialogue that happens.  However, Luann saying she moved in with Sonja to help her and mentor her WAS funny!   It was hilarious.  Then when B busted out laughing, Lu was all, "so you think it's funny"?  Well, Yeah, what are you mentoring her in, how to nab another rich dude? How to have a good time?  But that's not what set Beth off, it was when she insinuated that she had a hand in B's business or brand.  Then she says that maybe B needs to get laid.  So it wasn't all a one way street.  There was some provocation there.  Also, I read several opinions that Beth entered Dorinda's house loaded for bear,  but that is just projection on the part of the haters of Bethenny.  She came in, sat down, they exchanged pleasantries, with Beth, at Luann's prompt, saying she was in a good place and that she was happier than she has been in a long time.  

Freezing Sonja out of the show?  No, she's freezing Sonja out of her life.  With good cause as far as I'm concerned.  Now, whether she gets air time on the show is up to TPTB.  And if Beth happens to have any such power, so be it.  She shouldn't have climbed on the back of B's brand when she didn't work for it to try to make a buck.  Whether Beth needs this show like Nene does is highly doubtful because unlike Nene, Bethenny is SMART, Nene not so much so she probably will/is running through her money faster and once she's off TV will revert to an average middle class citizen.  I think  Beth is more the hard working entrepreneurial type who also will  be more protective of her money thus will always maintain a higher lifestyle.  I don't see Beth and Nene as being alike at all.

First, as someone else here pointed out to me, and BTW I agree with them, it was Luann's comment about Bethenny having the same hair style as her that set her off and Bethenny agrees in her blog that week. Bethenny says "

I remember being very tired and stressed from work, and it seemed that I had a zero tolerance policy for bullsh--.

I walked in and it was game on. I still had my coat on, and I was in the ring. The hair comments were just bizarre. Let's just say that I copied Luann strand for strand. Now what? Compare our beavers? I was just confused. I mean she has had that hair since the dawn of man. I suppose it took me eight years to muster up the courage to attempt to look like the woman that I admire and respect so much. I mean..." http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/blogs/bethenny-frankel/bethenny-frankel-i-had-a-zero-tolerance

So even Bethenny says she was basically looking for a fight/wound up that tight. LOL As for the SKG comment, Bethenny wrote a Thank You to Luann in the book she wrote right after she launched SKG, so Luann wasn't lying and the footage proved it, Luann was THE HW with Bethenny when SKG was said/introduced on camera for the first time. LOL But by the time that came up in the Berks, Bethenny was already off to the races with insults, name calling, shaming......attacking Luann. And again, she never apologized to Luann, ever. She apologized to Carole for "letting" Luann making her "go there".

As for Sonja, I call BS on B freezing her out. Was Sonja a lazy fool to go along with Peter? Yes but that is Sonja and Bethenny is well aware of who she is and Bethenny knew well before filming began that Sonja was the face for TG because Ramona told her all about it. Ramona was asked first and she talked to B about it, B blew up, so Ramona told Peter No. He then went to Sonja and she said Yes without thinking it would upset Bethenny. And as some here have suggested, it was Ramona who called "page6/tabloids" about it, not Sonja/Peter and she also told Bethenny about it. Bethenny refused to see/talk to Sonja over the summer even though she saw all the other returning HWs, all of them.

The others know that if Bethenny doesn't attend an event, most of that event won't make it past editing, so they go along with Bethenny's edicts and that hurts the show IMO. No 1 HW should have that level of power/control over the others on an ensemble show like the HW shows are. Let Bethenny have her own show, separate from the NY show and she can control that show.

Nene needs the show to earn money, pay the bills but Bethenny needs the show for the fame/adulation she gets, her ego knows no bounds. I don't want Nene on Atl and I don't want Bethenny on NY either. The are bottomless pits of need/desperation. LOL 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, DelicateDee said:

Questioning the layout of someone's new under construction home is not AMBUSHING them.  The placement of that pool was odd, at least on first appearance.  And as far as their choice of where it was, I think that was a private convo between Beth and Carol as they were driving up there.  Me and my husband have had similar views when on the rare occasion we will accept a friend's invitation for an event and they live an hour or more drive out of the city and we know that the only reason they moved so far out is because they can afford more real estate further out.  And that's okay if you're retired or work from home, but it's also true that that property will not sell for more than real estate that is closer to the city.  So why Beth and Carol are such self righteous superior mean girls cause they had a private convo along those lines is ridiculous.  

Did Beth 'Bully' Jules into admitting she had an eating disorder?  I didn't see any 'bullying'.  In any case, when they did meet for lunch, I saw 2 people who found something they can each relate to and were empathetic to each other.

Ramona may have never changed, but needs to.   Even her daughter was appalled at her treatment of Luann.

You don't think she went after Jules?  You don't think that's odd behavior?  Do you walk into your friend's house and immediately question their real estate choices?  And make snide remarks about their eating disorders...while your host is feeding you?

I loved Beth until she came back. But clearly, her behavior is obnoxious.

On Ramona, no one would ever argue that she needs to change.  As I said, she's a caricature of a human being.  That subject has been thrashed about.  She's like a crazy Aunt who comes to Thanksgiving and insults everyone.  Bethenny is that cousin you loved who was the underdog and has now become so alpha that she seems bitter for her success -- as if she realizes she's still every bit as unhappy with money as she was without and has realized she's still empty and nothing will help her and as such she is lashing out.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, DelicateDee said:

I think Luann is a good person to help Sonja.  She understands her needs, a past life filled with wealth and important people. Bethenny was working off bogus Ramona information.  When asked Sonja said when Luann was staying with her there were no men brought home.  Her only comment was Luann kept her up late talking one night.  Sonja also throws in that Luann can drink more than she.  Is there a better mentor or more willing person to stay with Sonja?  No.  Luann also expressed the bad idea that Tipsy Girl was to Sonja.  I believe Luann was trying to protect Sonja's job and it always comes at a price with Sonja as she slips into her delusional world and hurts people.

I look at provoking this way, if I push you and you push back, you are not the provoker, I am.  Bethenny went in loaded for bear because she thinks she can express every thought she has and later throws in reasons for her rage.  I am quite certain most CEO's don't lose their marbles when someone, who was originally filmed with them with first mention of their idea, would be given a pass for going nuts on someone.  Not just nuts but vulgar, nasty nuts.

I supported Bethenny in her claims that Sonja's Tipsy Girl caused her some angst with her partners.  Most important to me would be to find out who called Page Six -looking at you Ramona.   BEthenny has repeatedly said Tipsy Girl is no competition so that only leaves having to share the stage with Sonja.  it is not Bethenny's show.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

she's had work done, no question.

Could just be the photos, but I think she looked better before. The after seems to make her look much older, though the smirk doesn't help. And getting a new haircut after facial work is pretty standard advice from plastic surgeons, as it serves as a convenient answer for your new look. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DelicateDee said:

Except Bridgehampton to Watermill is 6 miles https://www.google.com/search?q=bridgehampton+to+water+mill&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7NDKB_enUS584&gws_rd=ssl  That is Bethenny trying to make her place seem superior.  Jill Zarin's Hampton house was in Water Mill.  So it is not as if Bethenny has waterfront property or lives in a $5 million dollar home.  The pool was weird, but what kind of social clod walks in and starts criticizing everything? It went deeper with Bethenny saying they were all show and no go.  Who cares if someone spends five years building out a second home?  Apparently Bethenny and Carole.  It is not a private conversation when it is being filmed.

Bethenny refuses to recognize her words can be deemed bullying.  She asserts her power and picks away at others weakness and pretty much demands her suck ups comport. 

I agree about Ramona she has zero soul and the only reason she is ever sorry is when she looks bad.

• Love 8

In the Berkshires, the momentary tension about the coinage of "Skinny Girl margarita" subsided before Bethenny launched her own rabid attack on LuAnn. After the exchange in which Lu specifically clarified that she "was there when it happened" (doesn't sound like a claim to credit more substantive than what B herself attributed to Lu in her book "thank you" page - as has been noted multiple times on this board), she told Bethenny "I support you" and "you're fabulous," then initiated polite chatter with Bethenny about Bethenny's dating prospects. I'm unsure how a query about how one's life is going can be construed as some sort of first-blood salvo. Because it was at this point that Bethenny took her bony ass out of her chair, walked all the way around the table, and parked it in closer proximity to LuAnn before starting to talk shit about her *while sitting literally a breath away.*

There was absolutely no direct stimulus for Bethenny's insane eruption. It was not as if she was replying to Lu's comments immediately and simply lost her cool. And if she were . . . what the on earth does Bethenny's doglike need to mark her rotgut trademark by pissing have to do with whether or not Lu rides all the married cock in Manhattan, gets gangbanged in Times Square, and/or has engaged in coitus in the bathrooms of all the boites on the Upper East Side?

The shrieks of "whore" and "you're a slut" were as relevant to the discourse/point of contention to which Bethenny attributes her unhinged display as it would be for Jules to reply to Bethenny shitting all over the invitation she received to be a guest in the Wainstein home ('cause if stage-whispering to Carole about Jules's eating habits at the breakfast Jules went to the trouble of providing isn't rudeness and entitlement, I don't know what is) with an invocation of the fact that Bethenny's dad initially literally didn't even want to reconcile with her when he was dying. 

• Love 14

Also: I'm unsure how LuAnn describing herself as a "mentor" to Sonja (hey, she was mentoring her on the art of fellatio last time I watched the premiere and could demonstrably supply some helpful tips on snagging canary diamond engagement rings) is any more comical than Bethenny asserting "you're not a good influence on Sonja" to LuAnn during her tirade. Just a few episodes prior, Bethenny told Sonja that she "wanted nothing to do with her." So why did she suddenly find a fuck to give about Sonja's welfare and "influences" when it provided a situationally convenient tool with which to berate her next target?

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Also: I'm unsure how LuAnn describing herself as a "mentor" to Sonja (hey, she was mentoring her on the art of fellatio last time I watched the premiere and could demonstrably supply some helpful tips on snagging canary diamond engagement rings) is any more comical than Bethenny asserting "you're not a good influence on Sonja" to LuAnn during her tirade. Just a few episodes prior, Bethenny told Sonja that she "wanted nothing to do with her." So why did she suddenly find a fuck to give about Sonja's welfare and "influences" when it provided a situationally convenient tool with which to berate her next target?

I believe Bethenny's biggest issue is she wants to decide who someone is according to how she views them. If one disagrees with her perception, it is a battle. They have a quality she finds annoying, or she feels they are a threat to her, it is not enough to mention it, she has to twist their arm until they scream uncle, twist their arm off, beat them with it and then have them beg for forgiveness and thank her for continuing to allow her to berate them at her whim.   Finally it is her fault she went there.

Remembering when Luann asked they not have a discussion at a fashion show, Bethenny would not let go and insisted they go to the mat and make everyone around her uncomfortable.  Her talking heads were essentially, there is no such thing as decorum at a fashion show.  She called Luann several names, over Luann's assertion that Bethenny had gone to more than the two fashion shows she stated she had attended.  It became a dig and how dare Luann.   Just another truth cannon with a backfire.

• Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

Questioning the layout of someone's new under construction home is not AMBUSHING them.  

"Ambush: Confront (someone) suddenly and unexpectedly with unwelcome questions "representatives were ambushed by camera crews."

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/ambush

I think it's a pretty apt description. Bethenny's  questions were delivered in a less than gracious manner, and were clearly unexpected/ unwelcomed by Jules. (I'd also say Bethenny coldly analyzed a family home with the kind of clinical detachment most often shown by FBI profilers during kill pattern meetings -- but hey, I can live with "ambush" instead :)

And as far as their choice of where it was, I think that was a private convo between Beth and Carol as they were driving up there.

But if it had actually been private, we wouldn't be discussing it (and back in the day, Bethenny would've been the first to mock a fellow cast member for claiming that anything said and/or revealed later on camera was still somehow private).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
(edited)

Maybe it's because I'm the Health Care Proxy for my mother, but I don't understand how someone can NOT know whether they've appointed one or whether they've had a Living Will done. Is B just so busy being a business woman that she can't be bothered to know these mundane things? I was stunned that she asked her assistant to find out if she had these things set up.

I also wondered if her teary "Living Will" comment was B being dramatic and trying to gin up sympathy, along with "I have no family / I have no one."

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny now: 

The bottom photo may have been tweeted 8 months ago, but that's clearly a photo of Bethenny from many, many years ago.  To me the difference between the top and bottom photos is years, not surgery. 

• Love 1
On 7/1/2016 at 3:33 PM, ButterQueen said:

So, Jules is admitted to the hospital for her "cochie coo" accident, wanted to stay longer and asked for late check-out?!?!  Pretty sure the average woman wouldn't get/need that treatment.  I hope she is one and done.  She is either incredibly unintelligent, or has serious mental issues past her admitted ED.  Showing her boo boo picture every chance she gets is gross and immature.  I was starting to like her, but she makes me uncomfortable to watch.  Her naming the pain medications she needed, was so ridiculous.  Michael is going to, and deserves to get custody of those children until Jules gets herself straightened out.

Because women who have issues and are struggling medical problems don't deserve to keep their kids? I mean you can't walk down the streets of Manhattan without passing at least a dozen parents probably on medication for something. Hell we live in a world where pretty much EVERYONE is diagnosed or SHOULD be diagnosed. You know how many people casually throw out the idea that maybe I should see someone or maybe I could use a prescription of something just because I'm sharing some troubling times or extra stressors in my life. It's such a go to that using "being on medication" as a reason why a women shouldn't have her kids is a dangerous, slippery slope. Sure Jules is exhibiting some agitated and awkward behaviors but in this episode she probably was on some harder pain meds and she was mixing with alcohol. Not the smartest thing to do but that added to the anxiety she feels with the crew, being new to the reality show biz, pending divorce and eating disorder triggers flaring. Yeah, she's a women who has a bit to face but we don't just remove children because their parent has episodes of succumbing to bigger issues. Hell I didn't leave my room for almost 2 months a few years back. I was doing the bare minimum and although I wasn't tucking my son in at night or taking him to the park or reading to him etc. etc. didn't mean someone should have been allowed to take him away from me. You don't get your kids taken away just because you can't provide them with sunshine, rainbows and fairy tales lives 24/7.

Hell Beth is a horrid women doesn't mean it's enough to take her daughter away from her. She's exhibited extreme mental distress over the simplest of things and is in desperate need of therapy and maybe medication. Doesn't mean she's not allowed to raise her own child.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:
49 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

The bottom photo may have been tweeted 8 months ago, but that's clearly a photo of Bethenny from many, many years ago.  To me the difference between the top and bottom photos is years, not surgery. 

Why is clearly a photo from many, many years ago?   Bethenny and the rest usually do a throw back reference when they use old photos.  Years don't make the shape of your jawline change, surgery does.  Also the lines referred to as marionette lines seem to be the same.  Here is another photo :  1393344330_bethenny-frankel-zoom.jpg

Seems like something went on with the jawline.

• Love 8

I think Bethenny said she used Botox to soften her jaw. If you've seen some of the before and after photos of people with similar issues, that Botox in the neck and jaw muscles procedure is amazing. It totally produces results that look like someone had their jaw bones shaved down.

• Love 6
(edited)

At the very least, she's had work done on her cheeks -- most likely implants based on her earlier photos, not filler.  Age doesn't suddenly give you apple cheeks.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
On 7/2/2016 at 6:37 PM, zoeysmom said:

In the treatment of anorexia, and the learned healthy behaviors extend to out patient as well, patients are not suppose to have a scale, they aren't suppose to use measuring tapes, even belts and sashes are discouraged because they can use them as a measuring device.  They are suppose to be developing a healthy relationship with food.  Jules feels like she has certain marks, she has a regular period (obviously she had two children so something is working).  Those very medical professionals that weigh her are also tracking to make sure she doesn't lose weight and if she does to address the situation forthright and perhaps intensify the therapy.   

One thing I noticed Dorinda do and she obviously doesn't know better is walk in and talk about her weight.  I don't know if immaturity is a mental illness, but throughout this run of the show we have seen most of the RH with children have an awful lot in the way of personal services personnel.  Ramona's husband took Avery to school (and his mother lived with them until her death), so Ramona could sleep in and focus on her business, Luann had a nanny, Bethenny has always had a roomful of people to tend to her needs, even when she was broke, Heather had her mini-meltdown over her nanny leaving, Sonja and her crew pre-divorce and the revolving door of interns.  I don't find it a sign of mental illness, for a patient returning home from a physical injury to expect their spouse to perform some rudimentary chores and tend to their children.  To not so falls on the neglect side. If Jules had said, "I returned home and there was dog crap allover, the dog's water bowl was empty and he hadn't been fed for 36 hours-the viewers would want Michael's head.  If all Michael can provide is money for additional therapists then maybe her marriage needs to be addressed.

Usually metal health disorders are treated concomitantly. For example if a person has OCD and is an alcoholic it is difficult because the mental health practitioners want the alcoholism addressed first and the addiction specialist have a difficult time because of the underlying mental illness disorder.  So if Jules has say a learning disability, in the form of ADD, and it causes her not to perform well in school, and her lack of self-confidence and control lead to an eating disorder which rendered her 80 pounds, the treatment team, so to speak, had to address the life threatening issue first.

Most of all mental health disorders are treatable but not necessarily curable.  It always irks me one of the RH refers to another as stupid.  As in "you can't fix stupid."  Or when they pick at someone because they aren't physically coordinated.  Is the solution to tell someone they need to work on being smarter?  Or learn how to swim?  Just because someone is uncomfortable with another's limitations doesn't make them correct.  Some things can be managed but not necessarily managed to society's ideal of normal.

I love this! I mean the criticism of Jules sort of confuses me because she's obviously aware and have plenty of things in place to manage her issues. Just because we see the roller coaster that is her way of coping doesn't mean she's ignoring it or not doing anything about it. Seems to me that she's living every day smack dab in the middle of her issues. I don't understand why she's expected to behave as if she's cured of all things that have been ailing her years when the cameras are on her. I mean do we really expect to see a person suffering from OCD not exhibit ANY symptoms of their disorder even though they are in fact being treated for it? Do we really expect to see NO signs of it whatsoever? Even more pronounces symptoms? I mean someone with a chronic illness isn't going to exhibit symptoms NO? Some stronger than others at different times. Never has Jules ever given the impression that she's completely passed her issues. Not once. Oh and that moment when she said she sees her therapist twice a week? To me that was meant to show that she has many things in place to continuously deal with and stabilize her afflictions. I think she had a moment where she felt that she shared too much by admitting that she sees a therapist twice a week (not to mention Carole's wide eyed reaction to that news) so she added that she doesn't have anything to share when she does go. Meaning, nothing new has crept up that suggests changes in therapy or changes in what she's doing to manage it.

Here's the thing. I am completely convinced that Jules is on top of it. She's doing what she knows to do and more importantly she's got a system in place that monitors her disorder. I think that what really matters is that she's receptive to treatment and that's a huge part of recovery. She's not resistant to reversing the affects. Doing what should be done to stay healthy even if she struggles with it. My thing is that we are looking at someone is has admitting to suffering from something specific. Are we seeing her in the midst of a relapse? Maybe, but to frame it like she someone who's has gone undiagnosed and someone unaware of her own ailment and in need of enlightening angers me. The commentary and "confusion" and "concern" from Carole and Beth infuriates me because they are acting as if there are in the presence of someone who is completely unaware and is in complete denial. Maybe she's stumbling but she is far from a woman who is running away from the problem or is completely denying a problem exists so the reactions these women are having are absolutely disproportionate to the issue at hand. There's no need to overstate the obviously in "the hopes" of bringing awareness to their co worker. Basically the both of them are pretty much just taking on the Captain Obvious roles for their own banter and enjoyment. At least that's what I see. Just because she's not articulating or explaining her management process very well I find it far fetched to believe that she isn't in some sort of treatment for her disorders whatever they may be.

• Love 8

When Jules and Michael met she was just three years post in patient.  They married knowing she had an ailment that is for the most part a lifelong affliction.  Punishing Jules by taking away her children, because she may have relapsed would be like expecting Michael to grow taller.  They met she had anorexia, in remission, and Michael was on the low side of five and half feet tall.  I just don't think you can marry and have children with someone who has a mental disorder and then use it against them when you decide to divorce them.  If her relapse becomes such she is unable to care for herself and children that is another thing.  She has had nannies since the day the children born, so I don't really see her asking for something she hasn't always had.

Hopefully, Jules will listen to Luann or Dorinda on how to get through a divorce rather than Bethenny or Sonja.

• Love 13

From Jules Bravo blog in bold

My failed attempt at changing up the tone of things from constant fighting to silliness with my pizza-making prank wasn't my best idea to date, I'll admit that. Why was a change of tone needed at that event? There was no Sonja and no Luanne. There are unresolved issues between Ramona and Dorinda but they weren’t sniping at each other.

But insinuating that I have mental issues, All eating disorders are listed as a mental health issue. Though you may stabilize your weight – this is something you will have the rest of your life. It is also the most lethal disorder – four times the death risk of people suffering from major depression.

addiction problems and God knows what else because of a dumb joke is not okay. I have two kids and those kinds of accusations shouldn't be thrown out at someone lightly; they are hurtful and dangerous. You don't need to be funny at other people's expense, you don't need to make yourself look smart by making someone else look dumb, and you don't need to create drama and issues where none exist just to have something to talk about.

If the cutlery and dipping cup in the calzone was a dumb joke…then Jules is trying to be funny at other people’s expense. This was a group experience, everyone was offering each other pieces of what they made. Except Ramona, that Crazy Noodle walked off with her own creation. If the cutlery and dipping cup was not an issue for Jules did she eat the calzone herself? Would this dumb joke have been funnier if she did that to Dorinda’s Kosher lasagna in the Berkshires where there was crazy fighting and tension? As for the drugs..Jules was lucid enough to list every drug she had in her purse. She even asked Carole if she should put in said items into the calzone. Even if she was joking, that’s not funny. Had Jules not mentioned the drugs, the ladies would have thought she was smashed.

What was the reaction Jules wanted? Oh my gosh, you are so silly…giggles galore?

Bethenny and Carole did not make you look dumb…your own actions did. What they said didn’t make them look smart either.

I’m waiting for Dorinda’s new T Shirt to come out that says…if you don’t want a calzone….don’t make a calzone!

• Love 4
On 7/3/2016 at 9:22 PM, WireWrap said:

Not to mention that Carole watched Jules like a hawk! Why didn't Carole stop Jules from putting those things in the calzone in the first place or warn everyone about it either before or when they were bringing it to the table and before Bethenny or anyone else tried it? Something is off in this scenario, way off, unless it was staged from the get go.

Actually I saw her do it. I saw her fold a utensil in and I was all like woah, did she just forget to take that huge spoon/fork out of there before folding over the dough? I was watching on demand so when I caught of glimps of it I had to rewind and yup, plain as day the silver is still there as she folds the dough. I thought it was an accident and I was think oh boy she's gonna really hear it for that dumb dumb mistake but then to realize she did it on purpose. Yup all kinds of odd but considering she was working with a bruised vagina, alcohol and some obvious pain meds I chalked it up to "ehh, she's loopy from the meds, nothing to see here, no big". Hate it when the women over dramatize situations and actions when an obvious cause for the behavior is evident. Annoying as hell cause it's pretty obvious to me when I see it sitting in my living room.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

If the cutlery and dipping cup in the calzone was a dumb joke…then Jules is trying to be funny at other people’s expense. This was a group experience, everyone was offering each other pieces of what they made.

I think what Jules did was odd -- and sad and very much related to her ED (and to Carole badgering her) -- but I don't agree that what she did was somehow harmful to anyone else at the table. She put visible cutlery in the calzone (not razors or meds) and the women were not left without food. It's not like Jules screwed the last pizza in the wilds of  the Sierra Nevada and they were driven to feed on each other like the Donner party (although it's true, The Emotional Cannibal aka Bethenny was there :)  If anyone was having fun at another's expense,imo,  it wasn't Jules.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Seems like something went on with the jawline.

I don't know how to cut/paste photos here, but the photo with Bethenny in the white suit jacket is very clearly from many years ago.  The photo you just posted, with Bethenny in the black dress, is obviously recent.  I don't see any difference in her jawline between those two photos.  To have your jaw reduced is not a minor thing.  It's pretty big surgery and requires many weeks of recovery time.  Hard to believe she would do that and (1) no mention it, and (2) not have someone else mention it.

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

At the very least, she's had work done on her cheeks -- most likely implants based on her earlier photos, not filler.  Age doesn't suddenly give you apple cheeks.  

Here's what she said about it.

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/05/17/bethenny-frankel-explains-jaw-looks-different/

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Actually I saw her do it. I saw her fold a utensil in and I was all like woah, did she just forget to take that huge spoon/fork out of there before folding over the dough? I was watching on demand so when I caught of glimps of it I had to rewind and yup, plain as day the silver is still there as she folds the dough. I thought it was an accident and I was think oh boy she's gonna really hear it for that dumb dumb mistake but then to realize she did it on purpose. Yup all kinds of odd but considering she was working with a bruised vagina, alcohol and some obvious pain meds I chalked it up to "ehh, she's loopy from the meds, nothing to see here, no big". Hate it when the women over dramatize situations and actions when an obvious cause for the behavior is evident. Annoying as hell cause it's pretty obvious to me when I see it sitting in my living room.

Yes, the cameras clearly caught her leaving the utensils inside the calzone. I found it ridiculous that Carole/Bethenny made a big deal about it as they knew she was just out of the hospital and was on some heavy duty pain meds that night as well. Neither acknowledge that fact in their blogs about Jules/calzone, they only pointed out that she put things in it, joked about putting meds in and that has an ED, IMO, they were trying to make it fit into their agenda, which is not necessarily the truth.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I don't know how to cut/paste photos here, but the photo with Bethenny in the white suit jacket is very clearly from many years ago.  The photo you just posted, with Bethenny in the black dress, is obviously recent.  I don't see any difference in her jawline between those two photos.  To have your jaw reduced is not a minor thing.  It's pretty big surgery and requires many weeks of recovery time.  Hard to believe she would do that and (1) no mention it, and (2) not have someone else mention it.

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/05/17/bethenny-frankel-explains-jaw-looks-different/

The most recent photo Bethenny has almost a heart shaped face. The other photos clearly show a more squarelike jaw line.  I don't think we see things the same way and that is fine.  I put almost zero stock in Bethenny's claims.  It goes back to originally saying she didn't have breast augmentation she had a breast lift and then the story changed.  Or that she wasn't dating a married man. 

Apparently, this plastic surgeon disagrees with your assessment regarding recovery:  http://palmbeachplastics.com/jaw-shaving-reduction/  It seems one is back to work in a week and the swelling is gone within a month. 

People did mention the obvious reduction in her jawline.  it has been talked about for quite some time.

• Love 10
(edited)
34 minutes ago, film noire said:

I think what Jules did was odd -- and sad and very much related to her ED (and to Carole badgering her) -- but I don't agree that what she did was somehow harmful to anyone else at the table. She put visible cutlery in the calzone (not razors or meds) and the women were not left without food. It's not like Jules screwed the last pizza in the wilds of  the Sierra Nevada and they were driven to feed on each other like the Donner party (although it's true, The Emotional Cannibal aka Bethenny was there :)  If anyone was having fun at another's expense,imo,  it wasn't Jules.

Exactly!

I mean really? Was someone really going to break a tooth on that? No really? And IF and it's a big IF Bethenny did have a few bites of the calzone is was obviously CUT and eaten by a utensil and as big as that calzone was it's pretty obvious no one was going to be picking it up and taking a whopping bite. Also, if someone did get it in their head to pick it up and go all caveman on it why would they do it with someone else's creation? Not likely. All this to say... Huge stretch of the imagination that Jules joke put anyone at risk at all.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9
(edited)
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, the cameras clearly caught her leaving the utensils inside the calzone. I found it ridiculous that Carole/Bethenny made a big deal about it as they knew she was just out of the hospital and was on some heavy duty pain meds that night as well. Neither acknowledge that fact in their blogs about Jules/calzone, they only pointed out that she put things in it, joked about putting meds in and that has an ED, IMO, they were trying to make it fit into their agenda, which is not necessarily the truth.

I mean it's just so obviously mean spirited and contrived. The shocked and appalled disapproval and the stress on her being odd and weird WITHOUT pointing out that the girl was on meds. See I think Dorinda made note of it in HER talking head, added that she didn't think it was a good idea to be mixing the drugs with alcohol but still, and the tone of HER TH kept it IN context and was more on par with what was going on.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6
(edited)

Oh yeah, I know she denies having surgery and I don't doubt that botox helped her with her jawline.  However, she looks like she's had cheek implants.  Maybe not, but it's not unusal for celebrities to cop to one surgery and then lie about others (see Kim Zolciak).  

Scroll through this clip of The Apprentice before she was famous.  She doesn't have those apple cheeks.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, film noire said:

I didn't post that what she did was harmful to the other ladies.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, film noire said:

But Jules called her daughter a 'butthole' (no, it was 'abajo,' Jules' attempt to speak a little Spanish even though she's a monster because she's not Google translating everything into Spanish and putting it on speaker, I guess) and got her to show her 'plump belly' in some kind of preemptive custodial strike against Michael (as opposed to Rio behaving like every toddler I've ever met, including my own, who goes through a 'tummy!  Here's my tummy!' phase - and where Rio had grinned at Dorinda and pulled up her shirt to do so, and Jules and Dorinda asked her where her tummy was.)  Jules is nothing but harmful, she's ruining Michael's life by being there and permitting the engagement and employment of a nanny and housekeeper while Michael does everything, including allegedly banging her friend!

So Jules should be side-eyed because of all of that and because fork not funny and because though she's admitted an eating disorder and has explicitly said it's something managed not cured, she's being odd and sad around food.  Personally, I've got my fingies crossed that Bethenny and Michael get to share joint custody of the little Wainsteins!  Who's with me?

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

I believe it is a bit of both.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I hope the next HW of NY they cast is a gynecologist 

First task: Explain to everybody at Bravo what a vagina is, because none of them actually know.

• Love 18
54 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

But Jules called her daughter a 'butthole' (no, it was 'abajo,' Jules' attempt to speak a little Spanish even though she's a monster because she's not Google translating everything into Spanish and putting it on speaker, I guess) and got her to show her 'plump belly' in some kind of preemptive custodial strike against Michael (as opposed to Rio behaving like every toddler I've ever met, including my own, who goes through a 'tummy!  Here's my tummy!' phase - and where Rio had grinned at Dorinda and pulled up her shirt to do so, and Jules and Dorinda asked her where her tummy was.)  Jules is nothing but harmful, she's ruining Michael's life by being there and permitting the engagement and employment of a nanny and housekeeper while Michael does everything, including allegedly banging her friend!

So Jules should be side-eyed because of all of that and because fork not funny and because though she's admitted an eating disorder and has explicitly said it's something managed not cured, she's being odd and sad around food.  Personally, I've got my fingies crossed that Bethenny and Michael get to share joint custody of the little Wainsteins!  Who's with me?

I know the post is sarcasm at it's finest ;-) but the bolded is absolutely true. The narrative that's going on in these episodes, the one that directly suggests these women are dealing with an undiagnosed co worker who is skipping through her life in absolute ignorance while they slap their palms on their cheeks completely aghast at her behavior and are besides themselves over her "shocking" behavior really annoys the fuck outta me. I mean she's pretty much outlined her whole situation so this forced confusion and exaggerated alarm is nothing short of disgusting. Oh and the whole twitter damage control that Carole loves to do that suggests that Jules is doing more harm that good for the public because she's not "representing" her disorder in a well versed way and all SHE, Carole is doing is clarifying the situation for the public's sake all the while the undertone of her twitter defense pretty much throws Jules under the bus because ya know she's not succeeding in her attempt to educate the viewers about Eating Disorders in a healthy way. This bitch makes me sick.

• Love 12
(edited)
On 7/1/2016 at 8:26 AM, BlackMamba said:

tumblr_nfwz8sEqh31ql5yr7o1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I have no idea why I had to post this in order to get rid of it, but I did.

Edited by pbutler111
Because I can't delete it, so I need to explain it
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Oh and the whole twitter damage control that Carole loves to do that suggests that Jules is doing more harm that good for the public because she's not "representing" her disorder in a well versed way and all SHE, Carole is doing is clarifying the situation for the public's sake all the while the undertone of her twitter defense pretty much throws Jules under the bus because ya know she's not succeeding in her attempt to educate the viewers about Eating Disorders in a healthy way.

I'm flashing back to Carole Indiansplaining to Luann how she should refer to her ethnic background, and Luann telling her to buzz off.  Love her or hate her, Luann is the Housewife most likely to immediately shut down attempts to nanny her.  She doesn't do it by turning into a rabid dog like Bethenny, or a shrieking harpie like Ramona or Dorinda, she just announces that she's not having it, advice rejected, go jump in a lake.  It's almost... mature in its directness and clarity.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The most recent photo Bethenny has almost a heart shaped face. The other photos clearly show a more squarelike jaw line.  I don't think we see things the same way and that is fine.  I put almost zero stock in Bethenny's claims.  It goes back to originally saying she didn't have breast augmentation she had a breast lift and then the story changed.  Or that she wasn't dating a married man. 

Apparently, this plastic surgeon disagrees with your assessment regarding recovery:  http://palmbeachplastics.com/jaw-shaving-reduction/  It seems one is back to work in a week and the swelling is gone within a month. 

People did mention the obvious reduction in her jawline.  it has been talked about for quite some time.

This is getting crazy.  There has never been a "housewife" more upfront about things than Bethenny.  To see the people here going on about all the things she's supposedly done to herself (it's a wonder any of us recognize her at all), you'd think she had a history of secrecy or reticence.  Bethenny explained why her jawline looks different.  Her explanation was completely reasonable (unlike some of the wild speculations put forth here).  I honestly don't understand why that isn't enough.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, kassa said:

I'm flashing back to Carole Indiansplaining to Luann how she should refer to her ethnic background, and Luann telling her to buzz off.  Love her or hate her, Luann is the Housewife most likely to immediately shut down attempts to nanny her.  She doesn't do it by turning into a rabid dog, she just announces that she's not having it, advice rejected, go jump in a lake.

I don't think being stubbornly insensitive is really a virtue.

• Love 2

The police swarm the Wainstein residence seemed like a set up. Who called the paparazzi? Why aren’t there earlier pics of this couple if their fame from this show generated interest? How did the paps get close enough to the police to get a snapshot of the report? The words he threatened to ruin me according to Jules doesn’t sound like something he would have had to say to her. If he is the bread winner in that household and controls all of the finances, was cheating on her and planning to divorce her…there’s no need to let her know what his game plan was before divorce court. He’s already holding the money and if he’s been planning this divorce I’m sure he moved the money already. What else does he have to ruin…her reputation? Jules is the one on the show and they’ve finished taping.  Also if there was credible risk of danger to Jules, surely the police would have arrested Michael and not allow the man to take one of the children to school.

This is going to be a messy divorce. I can see BOTH parties filing for full custody of the children.  Does she deserve primary or full custody just because she is “mom”. Nope. Should he be punished and not given custodial rights because Jules keeps bashing him on RHNY? Nope.  Hopefully, the judge will decide on joint custody.

I do wonder if the rumor is true – that Bravo will not give Jules another season and if the messy divorce is one of the main reasons.  Since Michael made appearances on the show I’m sure he signed a release form. I do wonder though, if during the divorce his lawyers can subpoena for footage or even depositions from other cast members or does the release form cover all of this.

Jules has definitely added something to the show…there’s more interest than boring boxed out Kristen. I don’t think this show is good for Jules though with her ED as most scenes involve food and liquor and drama with other crazy bitches.

Just a side note on the Jules cleanse. In case you didn’t know it she’s Jewish. I wonder if she used a Kosher plant to make and bottle it and if it’s correctly labeled as pareve.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, kassa said:

I'm flashing back to Carole Indiansplaining to Luann how she should refer to her ethnic background, and Luann telling her to buzz off.  Love her or hate her, Luann is the Housewife most likely to immediately shut down attempts to nanny her.  She doesn't do it by turning into a rabid dog, she just announces that she's not having it, advice rejected, go jump in a lake.

See that's what I love about Lu. Short and sweet. Shrug then eggs francaise' dahhling, Done! What the hell is wrong with that? Especially when she's usually cutting bitches off at the pass. They hate how dismissive she is of them but I mean can you blame her? Like I've said before, I can never understand the offended attitudes of women who are loaded for bear ready for a mean girl attack and getting mad when their target pulls a bugs bunny, sticks her finger in the barrell of your shotgun forcing it to backfire in your face. YA HAD IT COMING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Deal with it.. LOL! And Lu does it unapologetically which is icing on the cake and infuriating to those trying to take her down a peg.

Yeah, perfect analogy:

Lu: Bugs Bunny

Carole/Beth: Elmer Fudd

Lu: Road Runner

Carole/Beth: Wylie Coyote

Lu:Jerry

Carole/Beth: Tom

Lu: FogHorn Leghorn

Carole/Beth: Yosemite Sam

:-)

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I didn't post that what she did was harmful to the other ladies.

Sorry for misreading your intent -- to me,  "trying to be funny at other people’s expense" is a pretty damaging thing to do  -- people usually end up feeling shitty when that kind of crap goes down.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
(edited)
24 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

This is getting crazy.  There has never been a "housewife" more upfront about things than Bethenny.  To see the people here going on about all the things she's supposedly done to herself (it's a wonder any of us recognize her at all), you'd think she had a history of secrecy or reticence.  Bethenny explained why her jawline looks different.  Her explanation was completely reasonable (unlike some of the wild speculations put forth here).  I honestly don't understand why that isn't enough.

Well for me is because I think she's a lying bitch. I really can't stand her. However her Quagmire jaw did contributed to her unattractive mug and her not coping to the cosmetic upgrade is the least of her despicable attributes. One of which is her life sized hemmoroid Buck Gum Radzi.

20 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I don't think being stubbornly insensitive is really a virtue.

Kinda like when Carole was spewing her not entirely accurate advice to someone of Native American descent. Carole chooses some really inappropriate moments and subjects to be an "advocate" of. Also her die hard activism usually coincides with contradicting someone else on camera in order to defend her own insensitive missteps. Other than that you would have never guess just how near and dear these "causes" are to her that she has to speak out so vehemently when the subject comes up... Ummm yeah.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, film noire said:

Sorry for misreading your intent -- to me,  "trying to be funny at other people’s expense" is a pretty damaging thing to do  -- people usually end up feeling shitty when that kind of shit goes down.

No problem. I also wrote at the top of my post that everything I bolded was from JULES' Bravo Blog. So the statement above were Jules words not mine

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

No problem. I also wrote at the top of my post that everything I bolded was from JULES' Bravo Blog. So the statement above were Jules words not mine

I know. I was responding to this comment of yours, not hers: "If the cutlery and dipping cup in the calzone was a dumb joke…then Jules is trying to be funny at other people’s expense."

Edited by film noire
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 3:19 PM, Knuckles said:
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

See that's what I love about Lu. Short and sweet. Shrug then eggs francaise' dahhling, Done! What the hell is wrong with that? Especially when she's usually cutting bitches off at the pass. They hate how dismissive she is of them but I mean can you blame her? Like I've said before, I can never understand the offended attitudes of women who are loaded for bear ready for a mean girl attack and getting mad when their target pulls a bugs bunny, sticks her finger in the barrell of your shotgun forcing it to backfire in your face. YA HAD IT COMING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Deal with it.. LOL! And Lu does it unapologetically which is icing on the cake and infuriating to those trying to take her down a peg.

Yeah, perfect analogy:

Lu: Bugs Bunny

Carole/Beth: Elmer Fudd

Lu: Road Runner

Carole/Beth: Wylie Coyote

Lu:Jerry

Carole/Beth: Tom

Lu: FogHorn Leghorn

Carole/Beth: Yosemite Sam

:-)

Winner!

d-daa-daa-d-daa-daaa-d-daa-daa-Dat's all, Folks!

Bethenny asks her assistant to find out from Stephanie if she has a Living Will.

A living will is different from a regular will.

A regular will outlines where you want all of your assets to go.

A Living Will outlines what you want done medically should you not be able to communicate your wishes for end-of-life care.  Which can include instructions such as DNR

Health Care Proxy  - a legal document assigning a person who is allowed to make medical decisions on your behalf if you are not able to.

Both the Living Will and Health Care Proxy are also known as forms of an advance directive

Health Care Proxy, Will, Living Will, Trust, Living Trust are alien terms to many.

I know people younger than me, older than me, with more assets than I have that don’t have wills or if they do… know what kind of will it is. I have a friend who is a lawyer and his surviving parent was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s last year. He has 2 siblings. This parent has no will, no health care proxy, no power of attorney. I have a cousin whose father recently passed. She just went to a lawyer to set up a living trust for her mother along with the health care proxy as they had issues with what was in place when their father passed. Yet…for herself and her husband who have sizable assets and children…they don’t have any kind of will.

When Bethenny was crying talking to her assistant…I put myself in her shoes. If I went to the doctor and he asked me the question whether or not I had a Living Will or a Health Care Proxy I would have cried too. I would be freaking out as this is not elective surgery and I would think that for him to bring this up this must be serious and I could die. Then I would just be fixated on those 2 questions from the doctor with an Oh My God Oh My God chorus in the background.

• Love 6

OY.

On 6/30/2016 at 11:34 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

I really should just wait to see if you post, then I don't have to type so much.

But it's so much more fun for me when you do. :D

On 7/2/2016 at 7:30 AM, Gaily said:

I feel like the RHNY producers are setting the stage for Sonja's departure from the show, which would be a shame.  As nutty as she is, Sonja is a genuinely nice person, really one of the rare few in the housewife orbit.  Andy Cohen has said that he wants to trim the cast to 5-6 members for next year. I imagine the two they will trim will be Sonja and poor Jules.  The need to keep Bethenny and her BFF, Carole. Dorinda is too popular with the public and deservedly so.  Luann continues to the she show's Most Valuable Player so she stays for sure.  The three wild cards are Ramona, Sonja and Jules.  Of course, they will keep Ramona for the cheap laughs she provides.  Plus if the Tom marriage is Luann's storyline next year, she will need Ramona as her foil.

I disagree with the assessment of Sonja's character, but I think she should remain over Dorinda. She has far more going on and is more entertaining, if inadvertently. Dorinda is a nothing addition (IMO). Even her big moment and impetus for the t-shirt she promoted last episode came from someone else - Sonja. She's classist, her relationship with the boor is a bore, and she's a mean drunk. And she's drunk, a LOT. If there's shaving going on, Jules and Dorinda should exit together like the best buddies they are.

On 7/2/2016 at 11:43 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Other people have noted that in NYC, it's not uncommon to go through windows to get to fire escapes and the like, maybe to smoke a cigarette.

On 7/2/2016 at 11:52 AM, Lisin said:

So, as mentioned a few times here a lot of NY apartments have fire escapes/tiny balconies that you access by opening the top of the window and climbing over the bottom part of the window to get out. We know Jules smokes, so I'm thinking she was climbing out/in to have a cigarette while her kids were with the new nanny because she didn't want to go down to the street to have a cigarette and she slipped going over the window with one leg on either side.

Jules never did mention where she was, but in any event, the whole climbing out the window to the fire escape isn't something that happens from a height where Jules would slam down on her jewel. It's more of a crawl over the window. Even in the friends example, they sit and swing their legs over the window to get outside. Fire escapes in NYC aren't new, they're old, ragged and rickitey. It's your option when you have no outdoor space, don't want to walk down the stairs or smoke in your house. Climbing on a fire escape when you have an actual walk out terrace? Yeah, not a thing. I would be honestly surprised if she incurred that injury elsewhere, or in the way she states. Anyway.

On 7/2/2016 at 7:43 PM, Umbelina said:

That said, it does kind of bother me when Jules says Michael doesn't help at all.  I mean, hello!  Who does she thinks pays for the food, apartment, her stuffed full closet, the kids clothes, and the nanny?  I realize she doesn't eat any food, or very little, but kids cost money, and so does living in NY.  Until RHBH, a 2 month job, maybe 3, even even then only a few hours a week, did the woman contribute anything to help support that family? 

I used to joke that I'd happily pay for a "wife" just to take care of everything, and I do think women are undervalued for their contributions to the joint work of marriage, especially with kids involved, but damn Jules.  Michael works, that IS a contribution.

I mean really, suck it up buttercup.

If Jules really did all the work at home, and Michael came home and did nothing, ever, then I'd say it was unbalanced. Everybody is entitled to an end of their workday. But Jules' work consists of supervising OTHER people to do that work. So I'm less sympathetic to her picking up the reins at night. (Just as a father, though, Michael needs to parent his children some of the time. That's non-negotiable.) But it seems like that's their deal - Michael makes the money to keep her in the custom she's accustomed to, and in exchange he has to do none of the household stuff. Years ago when the hub and I both worked, we both cared for our kids and both did housework (me more, but I cared more about the niceties.) Fast forward to today, when he graciously allows (yeah, I said that) me to stay home and not work. So now I feel like my contribution should be all the household care. Bill paying, tax prep, cleaning, shopping, cooking (when I want to), etc. Do I occasionally get annoyed when Mr. SK puts his dishes in the sink instead of the dishwasher? Is it true he has never mopped a floor or washed a sheet in the past 6 years? Uh huh. And whenever these things bug me, I realize it might occasionally annoy HIM to go out to work, hard while I'm rolling over for some extra zzzs. And then I shutty and put that dish in the dishwasher, and mop that floor/wash those sheets. It's a trade-off.  If I had a housekeeper/nanny to do all that shit and I just managed? Sheeeeit.

Extra: To whoever posted the link to the MS:Apprentice to show Bethenny's cheeks? DAMN YOU. DAMN YOU TO HELL. It's on your head that I am streaming all the episodes from YouTube to my RokuTV right now. I don't own this behavior!

I had forgotten how nuts Jim was, and how cute Ryan was; what a whiny baby Chuck was and that always rehearsed newscaster Shawn was so irritating; that this was where I first saw Marcella (didn't remember her from this though!). She's done well for herself with her Food Network show and tenure on The Kitchen on ABC. Besides Bethenny she may be the most accomplished from those days. And Dawn. Poor Dawn. You want to root for her because everyone else is on her, but she's so annoying that it's hard to be on her side. I also forgot how Martha cuts a bitch with her words and shade. And by a bitch, I mean Bethenny. Heh.

• Love 4