Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, me5671 said:

I think we're over-estimating how much the jury will weigh that against Vic.  I think he could win if he is in F2 against Paul because he's been so strong in comps and he is so likeable.  I agree that it SHOULD weigh heavily against him winning, but I don't have much faith that this jury in particular will see it that way.

That's absolutely a possibility.  In essence, it will come down to three factors (assuming in all cases Victor is one of the F2):

1. More than half the Jury's final composition is still in the House playing the game - which leaves a LOT of leeway for Victor's interactions with them to be either positive or negative.
  2. We aren't hearing a lot of sour grapes NOW about Victor's good luck with re-entries - not while everyone else in the House still has a shot at the brass ring (even if said "shot" is largely theoretical).  That may change, however, when HGs who were never evicted before end up cooling their heels in the JH while the three-peat gets to keep playing.
  3. We the Viewers™ will have next-to-no clues about how such feelings of (jealousy? injustice?) might/might not be developing within the confines of the JH.

So, yeah - at this point everything we're discussing still has so many variables, it's doubtful our guesses are likely to be any more accurate than your average weatherman's.  Doesn't mean we can't have fun guessing, though.  :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Another thing about jury, Robyn Kass gave a little tiny tidbits about the show: She basically talked about how to get cast, that Paul was a great recruit ( Vic was not a recruit), and she revealed that Zakiyah is an insanely amazing painter, has been painting in jury, and really wants her to paint something for her. So it's nice to hear the jurors can get a stress free life out the game, clear their heads.

I'm shocked/fascinated to hear that Zakiyah is a painter. I wonder what kind of paintings she does.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

That's absolutely a possibility.  In essence, it will come down to three factors (assuming in all cases Victor is one of the F2):

1. More than half the Jury's final composition is still in the House playing the game - which leaves a LOT of leeway for Victor's interactions with them to be either positive or negative.
  2. We aren't hearing a lot of sour grapes NOW about Victor's good luck with re-entries - not while everyone else in the House still has a shot at the brass ring (even if said "shot" is largely theoretical).  That may change, however, when HGs who were never evicted before end up cooling their heels in the JH while the three-peat gets to keep playing.
  3. We the Viewers™ will have next-to-no clues about how such feelings of (jealousy? injustice?) might/might not be developing within the confines of the JH.

So, yeah - at this point everything we're discussing still has so many variables, it's doubtful our guesses are likely to be any more accurate than your average weatherman's.  Doesn't mean we can't have fun guessing, though.  :)

Tonight's episode told us Michele is NOT voting for Victor.  LOL@ her under covers melt down.   So there is #1 in the column for not wanting a previously evicted HG to win. 

• Love 1

I'm shocked about that hidden talent from Zakiyah, but its pretty cool. Apparently, Z and Bridge have been painting down in jury together.

I think Vic/Z have a god shot to do some successful stuff post BB, and not the whole extend 15 minutes of fame ala James.

Klepto Meech strikes again: she is packing, Natalie notices that she has Pauls sweatpants. Michelle says that Paul let her borrow them once, but he doesn't know that she is taking them with her or even told her she could keep them.

Meech and James also talked about how they don't need to talk to Nicole because they are 99.99999% sure that Meech is staying.

Edited by CheetaraThunder
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Klepto Meech strikes again: she is packing, Natalie notices that she has Pauls sweatpants. Michelle says that Paul let her borrow them once, but he doesn't know that she is taking them with her or even told her she could keep them.

Ok, I know it's wrong, but I find it hilarious that Meech is stealing people's shit to sell on eBay. That's the Crazy Meech I love! I so want her to have one more big flameout before she leaves. Come on, Meech, go nuts!

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Ok, I know it's wrong, but I find it hilarious that Meech is stealing people's shit to sell on eBay. That's the Crazy Meech I love! I so want her to have one more big flameout before she leaves. Come on, Meech, go nuts!

I am missing the humor if she is really stealing peoples' possession.

I apologize if I sound humorless but if anything, this election cycle especially tonight, has taught me that tolerance for seemingly entertaining actions begat the likes of Trump. Michelle, nor anyone, should not be stealing anyone's things for any reason. It is not cheery, it is thievery 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, CheetaraThunder said:

There is a spoiler going around that tomorrow's HOH will be HG's in a chicken coop handling real eggs.

Oh! That'll favour the people with smaller fingers, right? So Natalie might have a chance, along with James. But Paul could too. I guess this competition is all about strategy and how quick you are at figuring it out. 

Also, I don't know HOW I didn't notice this, but I didn't realize James is the other person who hasn't been on the block this season. I knew Nicole hadn't, but I somehow blocked out that James hasn't been either. 

• Love 4

This may favor James; he is able to remain calm.  Natalie, perhaps, it doesn't require her brain, in the way where she has trouble,  or physical ability beyond manual dexterity.  

Edited by wings707

So will Michelle go into the jury house and trash everyone in the house? And how long before she is right back on Day/Z ass after trashing them?

The egg HOH is definitely for the calm and once the blindside happens, I don't know if Natalie can stay calm. This could come down to James and Vic.

• Love 2

Yeah, James & Natalie have to win HOH. Of not, they are cooked. Then it will be against Nicole & Corey versus Paul & Victor. I guess that could be somewhat exciting. Of course,mother could also mean Nicole & Corey could be our Final 2. OMG! Kill me now. You mean I spent my whole summer on a possible Final 2 of these two annoying numnuts? Seriously? C'mon! James or Natalie! 

• Love 5

Paul plays the guitar so he could win on the egg comp, too.  That takes finger coordination.  Anyone can win this. 

1 minute ago, CheetaraThunder said:

I can't see myself rooting for James or Natalie, but I also don't want to see Nic/Corey in the finals. Basically, I want Vic and Paul to back stab Nicorey once they get rid of either James or Natalie first.

I would like to see a Paul/Victor F2.   I cannot root for James or Natalie, either.   Since Corey gave Victor the 5k bribe the F4 has never been so solid.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Paul plays the guitar so he could win on the egg comp, too.  That takes finger coordination.  Anyone can win this. 

I would like to see a Paul/Victor F2.   I cannot root for James or Natalie, either.   Since Corey gave Victor the 5k bribe the F4 has never been so solid.  

What did Corey bribe Victor to do?

1 minute ago, TheRealT said:

Why didn't he bribe Nicole to keep the noms the same after Veto? I thought they were going to do that to get extra money for their Hawaii trip.

They thought that was selfish and would have no game benefit.  They wanted to solidify F4.  Paul has been a little nervous from time to time. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

I just don't like the fact that she and Nat keeps blaming missing stuff on Zakiyah, claiming she stole them. While she's the one stealing people's stuff.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Why didn't he bribe Nicole to keep the noms the same after Veto? I thought they were going to do that to get extra money for their Hawaii trip.

They wanted to use it to solidify their alliance with Vic/Paul and thought it would look sketchy to give it too Nicole.  Here is the clip.

Their reaction affected Nicole too, she told Corey she really does want to go to F4 with Paul/Vic, whereas in the past she has hesitated or thought it would be better to get one of them out.  We'll see if it sticks.

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
quoted the wrong post
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Serious question: Why is James/Natalie/Meech so obsessed with Zakiyah and Paulie?

Seriously, I thought they would stop talking about this "relationship" once it was out of the house, therefore out of their faces. But they are still talking about them like they are still in the house causing drama. I don't think they have gone 2 days without mentioning them and what they might be doing, how they might really feel for each other, etc... The funny thing is that even while in the house Zakiyah and Paulie rarely talked about the showmances in the house with each other. They didn't really care if they were real or not.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Corey/Paul/Victor HoH tomorrow cause I want Victor safe. As long as Victor get to F2, I don't really care who else is sitting besides him.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

Seriously, I thought they would stop talking about this "relationship" once it was out of the house, therefore out of their faces. But they are still talking about them like they are still in the house causing drama. I don't think they have gone 2 days without mentioning them and what they might be doing, how they might really feel for each other, etc... The funny thing is that even while in the house Zakiyah and Paulie rarely talked about the showmances in the house with each other. They didn't really care if they were real or not.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Corey/Paul/Victor HoH tomorrow cause I want Victor safe. As long as Victor get to F2, I don't really care who else is sitting besides him.

I agree.  I am voting for him in AFP, too.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Meech/Nat are going to be in for a rude awakening when they see that P/Z mended fences. Meech, especially is going to hate seeing how close Z/Bridge have gotten.

More reasons why Michelle is a horrible super fan:

Natalie- They are expecting you to go talk to them. Michelle- Exactly. Natalie- So go do it. Michelle- I cant stand them right now #BB18

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Meech/Nat are going to be in for a rude awakening when they see that P/Z mended fences. Meech, especially is going to hate seeing how close Z/Bridge have gotten.

More reasons why Michelle is a horrible super fan:

Natalie- They are expecting you to go talk to them. Michelle- Exactly. Natalie- So go do it. Michelle- I cant stand them right now #BB18

Did I miss a jury segment?  Last I knew P/Z were not talking to each other.   I don't remember Z and Bridget becoming close either.  I saw the 3 women were hanging out together.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Did I miss a jury segment?  Last I knew P/Z were not talking to each other.   I don't remember Z and Bridget becoming close either.  I saw the 3 women were hanging out together.  

Paulie claimed that after 4 days of not talking to him, that they started talking. I'm surprised Zakiyah lasted 4 days cause it's hard not to talk to someone you living, with especially for 24/7 for days.  

Yeah, I know Day/Z are close but I think Bridgette is just someone they hang out with in JH. 

I loved how happy Victor was when Corey gave him that check. 

• Love 3

We'll compare to how Z/Bridge were in the house, I think them bonding is a big step hahaha

Victors reaction to the money was amazing. Dumb game move, but on a personal level, tug at my heartstrings.

Nice to see people continue to blame Z for stealing shut. Now Some think z took Nic concealer. Cause yes, Zakiyah will want makeup 6 shades lighter. Forget the other white girls in the house, it's a black woman that's wants the light makeup.

Edited by CheetaraThunder
  • Love 8

My idea of entertainment for today:

Nicole lets James (and by extension Natalie) know Michelle is going,  Shortly after that, Paul says something smug to Michelle. Maybe something in the vein of "Glad you've packed since you're going home tonight."  Michelle responds with a sly, knowing smile and says suggestively, "As long as no one flips."  Paul scoffs but soon becomes paranoid and starts asking all the voting HGs about their votes. If Jatalie are in on Michelle's scam, they heighten Paul's concerns by acting shady when he questions them. Paul gets so wound up, he says things he shouldn't, convinced Nicole and Corey set him up to be evicted. He goes off on Nicole  which upsets Corey so much he votes him {Paul) out.

Granted this would all take place while the feeds were off. But it would be so much fun to have the live show begin with the HGs totally wound up and looking like they're all about to go off. 

Note: I'm not a Paul hater, just want some excitement! Also, I know there is no chance in hell this happens.

Edited by LordBowen
Addendum
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Nice to see people continue to blame Z for stealing shut. Now Some think z took Nic concealer. Cause yes, Zakiyah will want makeup 6 shades lighter. Forget the other white girls in the house, it's a black woman that's wants the light makeup.

I'm really getting tired of this shit. Zakiyah didn't even take Paulie's shirt that she loved to wear. She made sure she left it behind for him. She left Paul's shirt behind also. But somehow, despite having someone who admit to stealing shit, Zakiyah, the one who had more make-up and clothes than everyone else in the house, to the point that she told people they could brought her stuff, is the one being accused of stealing people shits. I know this is most likely because of their dislike/jealous for her but seeing a black person being accused of stealing people's stuff without any evidence makes me really uncomfortable and really problematic for me.

Edited by SevenStars
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

James and Natalie were just now wondering why only Frank touched Day/Z asses and not Natalie. She believes that the girls lied about it....there is your feminist Queen right there!

Cause according to her, why would Frank slap their asses but not hers. I mean why would a white men think it's okay to slap the asses of the only two black women in the house? Why would he thinks it's acceptable to do that and call them sluts and whores. I'm sure this has nothing to do with society's racist narrative black women when it comes to their sexuality. The believe that they can't be rape or sexually harassed cause they sexually beings who are always ready to have sex with anyone. 

I need Nat to go back to being fake cause I liked being indifferent to her fake ass.I don't want to start wasting energy by disliking her.

21 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

Edited by SevenStars
  • Love 3

I did a little Googling, but couldn't find any examples of Zakiyah's paintings.  I'd really like to see some of her artwork.  Maybe they'll show something she's painting in the JH in the jury clip tonight, since they really don't have anything else to show.  On the other hand, that might be too redemptive.  Of course, there could be more Z/D/B v. Paulie fireworks.  That'd be nice too.  Or.....not so nice, but delicious, ya know?

• Love 2

Ugh, that mutual backslapping smugfest in the HOH room after Corey gave Victor - sorry, "bribed" Victor - the 5K made me all ragey. According to Corey Vic really needs it because he's broke. I might have believed that if the very first words out of Victor's mouth weren't "Cancun here we come!!"

That, plus Nicole and Corey's mutual self-congratulatory hair fondling sessions, and Corey's monologue to camera in the HOH room - GAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

According to Corey Vic really needs it because he's broke. I might have believed that if the very first words out of Victor's mouth weren't "Cancun here we come!!"

Yea I'm really starting to question Victor's, "I'm completely poor!" story. He was also talking about owning a boat the other day. Like maybe try to sell that if you're so broke.

I hope it's not the egg comp because then we won't get to see it. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea I'm really starting to question Victor's, "I'm completely poor!" story. He was also talking about owning a boat the other day. Like maybe try to sell that if you're so broke.

I hope it's anything but the days mental comp, just because Paul and Victor have spent so much time on studying.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SevenStars said:

Cause according to her, why would Frank slap their asses but not hers. I mean why would a white men think it's okay to slap the asses of the only two black women in the house? Why would he thinks it's acceptable to do that and call them sluts and whores. I'm sure this has nothing to do with society's racist narrative black women when it comes to their sexuality. The believe that they can't be rape or sexually harassed cause they sexually beings who are always ready to have sex with anyone. 

I need Nat to go back to being fake cause I liked being indifferent to her fake ass.I don't want to start wasting energy by disliking her.

I'm not going to judge Natalie too harshly on this.  She just doesn't see the world in that way.  Her life experience would not lend her to identifying this issue.  It's a form of white privilege imo.  She is ignorant to it because she hasn't been exposed to this line of thinking.  I think if someone sat down with her and explained to her that Frank only slapped the black women's asses and why that might've occurred then I think she might understand.  But I'm guessing she has never had a reason to view social interactions through a racial lens, so, what you or I may see as obvious she may not.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

If it's the one where they have to lift eggs through chicken wire, I'd just as soon not see it.  IMO it's one of the most boring comps they've come up with.  Yes, it's challenging, but so slow and boring - to me.

But I'm guessing she has never had a reason to view social interactions through a racial lens, so, what you or I may see as obvious she may not.

I grew up like this in the early 60's.  My exposure to black culture was seeing Sammy Davis Jr on an occasional variety show.   Going to community college was a culture shock.  I was especially blessed to have Antony, the treasurer of the Black Students Union,  befriend me. We spent hours talking about issues I'd never dreamed existed.    

But..........  given today's cultural climate, is it even possible for someone to grow up as ignorant about racial issues as I was in the early 60's?  It seems unlikely, but..........anything's possible I suppose.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The only  HOH comp we see on the feeds is endurance.  If they can show that, why not show the others that go into overtime?   Bugs me. 

Victor may be poor, maybe not.  Doesn't matter.  I have never seen an HG vote for who needed it the most.  They give lip service to the notion but that is it, IIRC

On August 29, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I

I just looked at Victors Facebook page.  By looking at photos and posts, I think he's middle class. He's a manager at LA Fitness and he's either at his mom's a lot or lives with her. If he has a boat, it could be a small one which is affordable if you are single and gainfully employed. I'm sure lots of people have boats that live very close to the ocean like he does. 

It doesn't matter regarding his personal income whether he deserves to win or not, but I get the feeling Paul has access to more money than Vic. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, aurora296 said:

It doesn't matter regarding his personal income whether he deserves to win or not, but I get the feeling Paul has access to more money than Vic. 

I agree, personal wealth or the lack of it shouldn't come into whether he is deserving of the win or not (he's not, because EVICTED TWICE!!! but I digress), after all, they gave that rat-faced ballbag Malin the 500K - but don't keep saying you are broke, get given 5 grand and then say the first thing you are going to do is pay for a trip somewhere.

Edited by AbsoluteShower
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, MV007 said:

I'm not going to judge Natalie too harshly on this.  She just doesn't see the world in that way.  Her life experience would not lend her to identifying this issue.  It's a form of white privilege imo.  She is ignorant to it because she hasn't been exposed to this line of thinking.  I think if someone sat down with her and explained to her that Frank only slapped the black women's asses and why that might've occurred then I think she might understand.  But I'm guessing she has never had a reason to view social interactions through a racial lens, so, what you or I may see as obvious she may not.

I get why she wouldn't see it through racial lens, I don't even judge her for not getting it that way.

I judge her for questioning Day/Z about Frank all because he didn't do it to her. I judge her because she was the one who saw how upset Z was about the whole thing after Frank slapped her ass. She was there when Z admitted that she wouldn't have said anything about it if Day hadn't spoke-up because she didn't want to cause tension in house. She didn't want to deal with the shit storm it might bring on her if she told people what Frank did and they didn't believe het. This is one of the reason I will always be grateful for Paulie for speaking up about it because I have a feeling if he hadn't,  what Z feared would happen if she spoke up is exactly what would have happened. As sexist and shitty as Paulie was/is,  he was the only one who felt it necessary to speak up on defense of Day/Z and the others followed his lead cause at that time he was leading the house. I think the situation would have been totally different if he hadn't sided with Day and Z. So for that alone, I can't hate Paulie

Edited by SevenStars
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, aurora296 said:

I'm sure lots of people have boats that live very close to the ocean like he does. 

1 - define "boat".  Anything from a dinghy to a mega-yacht fits.

2 - in the recent recession a buyer could pick-up a very nice little boat for almost nothing.  In fact, some folks, especially hard up would trade them for services in kind.  A friend has one parked in her front yard from some handyman work her husband did.  He planned to fix it up and resell it.  Sadly he returned to Colorado before he got around to it, and now my friend has a very run down lawn ornament she can't get rid of.  That's the life of some boats here on the Gulf Coast (Sarasota County). 

BTW - Thankfully, the tropical storm went way north of here, into the "Big Bend" area. Whew!

• Love 3

I understand what Nicole means.  A 'gamer' is one who sees their position and will change it to advance themselves leaving personal stuff out of it.  It is difficult to play with someone who operates on vendettas.  And I am tired of listening to why one hates another, for petty reasons.  And Nicole is correct, the girls this season didn't like each other in general.  

• Love 1