Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

Re: Paulie at the county fair. I said this in the episode thread:

It's not the first time that BB has "cleverly" edited around a HG. The infamous Aaryn Drinks Nail Polish Remover scene in BB15 was edited to remove Helen from the room because they showed it after Helen was evicted and because they needed to fill some air time. I was playing Spot the Paulie throughout the episode. "Oh, look! There's an arm in a shirt that no one is wearing!" "I think that's the back of his head!"

There's precedent for it. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Re: Paulie at the county fair. I said this in the episode thread:

There's precedent for it. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Very true. I remember them doing this back in BB5, when they edited Jase out of a moment that didn't air until after his eviction. 

40 minutes ago, wait.what said:

I'm confused. Wasn't Paulie at the carnival thing? How did they edit him out? Or did they make everyone re-shoot the whole thing after he was gone? It seemed really awkward. 

During the concert portion there seemed to be weird camera angles. I figured that was because they could only use footage that did not include Paulie. 

But the rest of it? Seemed strange. 

40 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

How in the world did they edit Paulie out of that county fair thing so well?  Did they ask him to stand on the edge the whole time so they could cut him out? LOL.

30 minutes ago, Lisin said:

Yeah, I saw his hands a couple of times but it seems like they just edited around him. They may have digitally removed him sometimes too. Crazy. 

You hear a lot about the seventy-plus cameras in the House, but not so much about the two or three dozen digital video techs who process all the stuff the cameras capture.  TPTB probably had a 4- or 5-person crew working around the clock to get the carnival footage -er- "properly processed."

• Love 3

Also, since the majority of the fair footage, after the concert, was them narrating a clip show, production probably told them where to sit.  Can you imagine "Paulie, sit over there at the end.....no just a little further...ok, a schooch more.  That's it"

• Love 3
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

I'm reading that Natalie is using the fact that Paul's an atheist as a reason to nom him. Is that true? If so, that is really gross.

I thought it was Michelle that mentioned that. She told Paul she regrets saying that part. But yeah...it's Michelle.

• Love 1
Just now, Marie80 said:

I thought it was Michelle that mentioned that. She told Paul she regrets saying that part. But yeah...it's Michelle.

OK that makes more sense lol. That's Michelle for you!

Natalie: "I'm not gonna make easy moves and not put the biggest targets on the block." Yes I love it!

• Love 5

Michelle brought up he was "swearing to God," but he's an atheist so it doesn't mean anything. And I believe Natalie did talk about it after that. But it started with Michelle. It's supposed to prove he's a liar (he's "swearing to God" but it doesn't mean anything to him so you can't trust it), but it does put a bad taste in my mouth.

Paul did lie to Michelle about not being in on Da'Vonne's BD, but she still believes him when he says he just has an "inkling." 

I think we're going to get Even Messier Michelle this week.

ETA: "Swearing to God" is just a turn of phrase, so I don't think it's a big deal either way. He is a great liar, but that's not a talking point I would focus on.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4

Michelle said that since he says "I swear to god" all the time but doesn't believe in god that he's lying. Then he said he does believe in god, he told her he doesn't believe in heaven or hell which isn't the same thing, then she apologized and said she's hoping production removes that from the speech because she feels bad now. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lisin said:

Michelle said that since he says "I swear to god" all the time but doesn't believe in god that he's lying. Then he said he does believe in god, he told her he doesn't believe in heaven or hell which isn't the same thing, then she apologized and said she's hoping production removes that from the speech because she feels bad now. 

LMAO at Michelle saying awful shit and then feeling bad. She cracks me up. I mean tbh at least she knows she's wrong, more than I can say for some others.

ETA: The only bad part about this is that Nicole is so happy. I find that so offensive!

ETAA: Fuck you, Nicole! Just felt necessary.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 19

They're right when they said Paul's a chameleon. He's really good at this. And this would be a great move if it weren't for the Battle Back. Natalie/Michelle are getting a lot of hate for it because Vic/Paul are the new Fan Favorites. But most viewers also thought Paul would had the best chance at winning, so it's risky but not necessarily stupid (again, without the confirmation of a Returning Player).

6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: The only bad part about this is that Nicole is so happy. I find that so offensive!

Me too! My only problem with this move is having to admit Nicole played her cards right. But I still don't like you and you can't make me, Nicole!

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

I really wish they would just say this is because Paul is the biggest threat to win. Instead they're acting like it's because he lied/called them names/is an atheist. Why do players always have to make it personal? Like it's OK to go after people because you're trying to win and they're in your way.

ETA: Also, by playing it this way, they're allowing Paul to believe Nicole/Corey are behind this move when that's not entirely true. They're letting people give those 2 credit for their big move, which sort of defeats the purpose of the move.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Lisin said:

Her mouth precedes her brain.  This is Michele.  James should have rehearsed with her.  

8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really wish they would just say this is because Paul is the biggest threat to win. Instead they're acting like it's because he lied/called them names/is an atheist. Why do players always have to make it personal? Like it's OK to go after people because you're trying to win and they're in your way.

YES! I have been listening to this mess since the feeds came back and this is my thought as I watch their girls circle the drain.  

Edited by wings707
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: Also, by playing it this way, they're allowing Paul to believe Nicole/Corey are behind this move when that's not entirely true. They're letting people give those 2 credit for their big move, which sort of defeats the purpose of the move.

Hopefully, that'll work in their favor should Paul get evicted and then reenter the house!

3 minutes ago, JediDVguy said:

Hopefully, that'll work in their favor should Paul get evicted and then reenter the house!

Yea, that might be good, but in the end if it comes time to vote for a winner the jury might think Nicole/Corey were behind this move and not give Natalie credit for it.

ETA: Honestly the way Paul is playing this should make them feel even better about their decision. He's good. He would so win this game if he gets to F2.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Like it's OK to go after people because you're trying to win and they're in your way.

Maybe they're afraid that if people see them being too strategic, strong players will get worried about being targeted and they'll be too predictable. However, if it appears to be personally motivated, then strong players won't necessarily see a reason to believe they're the next target.

A mixture of appearing strategic to the right people at the right time and looking like a harebrained idiot motivated by personal slights but willing to apologize when necessary can, when played right, get a person far. Done wrong, they just look like an idiot and build ill will towards themselves. 

Personally, I would have targeted Corey and Nicole first, but I also have more and different info than Natalie et al.

• Love 2

Paul, that has to be a lie.  Did Nicole and Corey really say they were going after James and Victor?  nah.  Nicole loves James.   He has convinced them that Corey and Nicole are playing the game  and out to take over. HA!  

The girls now say they made a mistake.  Paul is very convincing, he knows how to bring them to their knees. 

So one of them will win the veto, take themselves off and they will put up Corey, telling him he is a pawn and then vote him off!!!  Just watch. 

They the girls will be targeted next week and one will go.  It is so clear.  

Nat is crying now.  

2 hours ago, Marie80 said:

How in the world did they edit Paulie out of that county fair thing so well?  Did they ask him to stand on the edge the whole time so they could cut him out? LOL.

It was a lot of really tight shots, no group shots. It seemed to be edited as much tighter frames than usual.

Paul is good. Wow. At this point they really need to stick to their guns. I'm hoping James can get them to see that. LOL but James is usually good at making a decision and sticking to it.

ETA: Paul's biggest mistake was not doing this before noms. He probably could have prevented this from happening. I don't understand why he didn't go to them earlier when he knew they were considering him out.

ETAA: This week is so fun lol. 

• Love 6

Paul is good. Wow. At this point they really need to stick to their guns. I'm hoping James can get them to see that. LOL but James is usually good at making a decision and sticking to it.

Yep. This really shows how good he is. He's a great talker. James should see it since he's watching from outside the emotions, but he's James.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes.  Paul is very good.  Now that he sees their Achilles heel he is continuing to go after it. , You made a mistake and that is okay, it is a game.  If I leave, I do, it is fine.    He is gooooooooooood.  Nicole and Corey under the bus and backed over! 

Nat now I want to back door Corey.  Paul the is not my intention!  LMAO!!!!!!!!!!   

• Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

My dream scenario is Bridgette wins the buy back comp and then Natalie/Bridgette reform Spy Girls with Michelle. They can drag Nicole along as the ultimate goat. I mean I really don't want to see Nicole win 2nd place money, but whatever. Paulie would lose his mind if the F4 was all women. Such fun!

I so wanted Bridgette to be the one to come back, but mostly so she could help get rid of Nicole and Corey.  Now I hope it's whoever they get out this week who comes back.  Don't want Bridgette to be helping with Nicole's game.  Don't like Nicole and I don't like her boy toy.

Michelle was never going with Paul.  He prefers Natalie and was going to take her.  Victor was going to take Michelle. 

1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I wouldn't mind Paul winning.  I love that he's compassionate towards animals and he's funny as heck.

I don't mind Paul winning either.  He's just not my first choice.  But he sure as hell ain't my last either.  That's Miss Nicole.

19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I find it offensive as well, but justified.  Nicole has just gotten Natalie to do her bidding.  That would make me happy too.

• Love 2

Paul is really freaking good. He seems sincere to me in this convo lol. I know he's a huge threat but at the same time I was starting to believe that he did really like Natalie and wanted to team up with her and vice versa. Clearly she had other plans. I hope this doesn't come back to bite them in the butt.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, mooses said:

Ugh. I hate seeing Corey and Nicole happy. 

Ohhhh, not for long!  

7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really hope James talks Natalie down. If she goes back on this now she's going to be really screwed.

Maybe not.  Who better to take along with you other than the women who are sorry, love them and will never make this mistake again.  Corey and Nicole out next, then James.  My guess. 

Edited by wings707
2 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

Paul is really freaking good. He seems sincere to me in this convo lol. I know he's a huge threat but at the same time I was starting to believe that he did really like Natalie and wanted to team up with her and vice versa. Clearly she had other plans. I hope this doesn't come back to bite them in the butt.

When he was running around between Tiffany and the gang, then between Frank/Bridgette and Paulie/Corey, and then between Paulie and Da'Vonne, even I started to believe him. He'd seem so sincere with the "enemy" before he turned around the whole conversation with the other side. 

• Love 5

Paul is the kind of player who can play on people's emotions and not make it gross lol. It is kinda Dan-esque, but even Dan got kinda gross with it at times. 

The Bridgette thing was pretty gross for me. But he is charismatic and funny enough that he makes it hard to stay mad or hold a grudge.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Paul is the kind of player who can play on people's emotions and not make it gross lol. It is kinda Dan-esque, but even Dan got kinda gross with it at times. 

I dunno, I thought he was super gross with Bridgette, when he made her feel like shit for no real reason. 

EDITED TO ADD: Ha! Jinx with mooses. :) Great minds, and all that...;)

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, mooses said:

The Bridgette thing was pretty gross for me. But he is charismatic and funny enough that he makes it hard to stay mad or hold a grudge.

Yes, that was awful and yet I'm like "well it wasn't nearly as bad as the Jace/Steve convo." The FT comments were also gross and yet I believe he is sincere in his apology to Nat. What is wrong with me?

I hate that Paul has grown on me. Couldn't stand him the first few weeks. I just want to be confident that they made the right decision but I'm not right now. Especially because Nicole and Corey are so happy about it. Fuck you, Nicole!

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 5

Oh, Michele do not do that.  Stop with your need for confrontations!  Michele wants to all meet and call Nicory out.  Just vote them out.  The finger of blame is going to point directly back to Natalie.  She was the one who hatched this plan, not Nicory!  They were blobs in the corner of Tokyo as always and she approached them.  Maybe Michele doesn't know that. 

Edited by wings707

It's pretty funny that Natalie/Michelle talked extensively about Paul's ability to lie, and then they have one conversation with him and forget. Guys, take a breather and calm your little nipples.

• Love 2

James trying to figure out how Paul can believe in God but not heaven and hell is hilarious. "Cause uh there's Allah, and Christians believe in Jesus, and Catholics believe...uh..." Catholics are Christian, genius. And I'm pretty sure Judaism does not subscribe to a conventional concept of heaven or hell.

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 6

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.12.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.13.14 PM.png

See, it wasn't that poor of a plan on Michelle's part. They still want to go after James/Nicole/Corey first. And if Natalie had gotten one of Nicole/Corey this week, James would be in trouble next week anyway.

ETA: I think Z is the one I really don't want to come back. Paulie, obviously I'd prefer never to see him again - but Z would just get dragged to the end and win 50K since she's both useless and evicted now.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, mooses said:

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.12.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.13.14 PM.png

See, it wasn't that poor of a plan on Michelle's part. They still want to go after James/Nicole/Corey first. 

I think that has more to do with the fact that no one respects Michelle enough to target her.

I tried to like Meech but she's just not good at the game. Pretty sure every one of the remaining HGs view her as the easiest to beat at the end. 

I'd die of happiness if the next two boots were Nicole and James.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 3

LOL - it's all about timing.  Watching BBAD. HGs are talking about Survivor, using leaves to clean up after bathroom activities.  Victor (?) says he'd just go in the ocean, clean himself up that way.  Cut to a commercial - a lifeguard running down the beach (Baywatch).  LOLOL!

ETA: Ok, so it's late and I'm easily amused.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Cutty said:

I think that has more to do with the fact that no one respects Michelle enough to target her.

I tried to like Meech but she's just not good at the game. Pretty sure everyone of the remaining HGs view her as the easiest to beat at the end. 

Heh. I'm actually not a big Meech fan, but she has got some game. Just look at the flip when she was up with Z, and she was a big part of blowing up Paulie. She's talked about wanting to be perceived as hated by the jury so she gets taken to the end, which really feeds into her natural craziness. I think no one has a chance against Paul/Vic (even though he was evicted once), but I'm not sure with the others. Corey also has a decent chance because people automatically think an athletic guy is a better competitor - he's not bad, but he's gonna have to do something besides playing dead within a majority alliance now.

ETA: I agree about Nicole and James!

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2