Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

He may be obnoxious but I thought that was hilarious. #blindside

I do love watching his punishment...watching him roll over the sofas and find "cocaine" on the suspects was so fun to watch and gave the season some much needed humor.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. Victor hasn't made a single decision on his own all season. He was Paulie's puppet and now he's Paul's. If he was a woman there is no way in hell he'd be getting all these 'He's playing the best game!' comments.

Ironically, you had said you prefer Michelle or Natalie to win, even though both are weaker competitors than Victor (and Paul).  And Michelle has a lousy social game.  Rooting for someone because of their gender (even though they lack in game play) is a clear case of sexism.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, escape said:

Ironically, you had said you prefer Michelle or Natalie to win, even though both are weaker competitors than Victor (and Paul).  And Michelle has a lousy social game.  Rooting for someone because of their gender (even though they lack in game play) is a clear case of sexism.

LMAO.

The game isn't only about winning competitions. Natalie's game in other aspects is about 10 times better than Victor's. Michelle is a better strategist than Victor.

Victor was already evicted for fuck's sake!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, escape said:

Yes, they are such weak players that they both had a pivotal hand in getting out the player who was running the entire house when everyone else was too afraid to.

• Love 19
26 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I watched the Rob show and his guest was Derreck.  Fascinating!  Derreck really is a student of the game and a good officer.  When asked if he coached Paulie he said he talked to him for an hour on the phone but obviously Paulie did not take his advice. Lol.  He thinks a girl will win and he is leaning towards Michelle (NONONONO).  His rehashing of Victoria was very interesting.  He even polled the jury post-game.

Actually, I watched the exact same podcast because I was curious about Derrick's reaction. I missed the last ten-fifteen minutes, but Derrick is actually against Michelle and rooting against her. He actually is leaning toward Natalie! He called her 'move' with Paulie an excellent game move and thinks she should get far. I think he, at one point, called her the mastermind and got the ball rolling, which she did. I'm positive that Derrick is rooting for Natalie to win, but he does think that Paul will win unless they get him out soon. He wants a woman to win and thinks that if Corey's taken out next week, the girls might be able to band together and let the guys fight it out with each other.

Derrick doesn't like Michelle, doesn't think she's a good superfan and doesn't think she'll get any votes in finals (me, Rob, and the other guy Taran disagree). 

12 minutes ago, escape said:

They're not weaker competitors. In actual competitions? Maybe. But Natalie's game has really stepped up in the last few weeks. She's extremely strong at seeing through the bullshit and being able to stay on task. Victor's good at speeches and talking in confrontation, and he's good at competitions, which is great. Paul's good at making people feel comfortable around him, which is great. Natalie's done a good job in telling people what's up and getting the ball rolling. Absolutely, if she hadn't started all of this with Bridgette, we would NOT be here right now. Paul and Victor would still be on the boys side. James would still be flip flopping and looking like an idiot. Zakiyah and Natalie would most likely be up on the block, because Zak would still be here. Paulie would not be going home. Michelle's social game is weak, absolutely, but she's a very strong woman in terms of her emotions. They're all playing different games here. Paulie's social game took a turn once people started comparing notes. Even before that, I think a lot of people commented on how he was no Derrick and he'd get found out. Natalie has also handled herself in confrontational settings, but her and James don't seem like they look for confrontation because they feel uncomfortable with it. Natalie/Paul have both been playing the hard game of sticking to their guns and not flip flopping, which is an admirable game trait. 

For me, Natalie deserving of F3, along with Victor and Paul. If she brings Michelle/James to F3, she should absolutely win. Her game is up there with the boys, no matter if she's won comps or not. She's put herself in an excellent position. She's getting rid of the guy that's bad for HER game, the one that is playing with sexist undertones. Paulie wasn't bad for Paul or Victor's game until the females were all gone. They could have skated by for two more weeks, easily. But she convinced them to make a move. She let the boys do the talking, but she was the brains of all of this. So I do disagree that Natalie, at least, is a weaker competitor. Also, she's gotten pretty far in competitions. But I do agree that women do need to start winning some comps. Hopefully, now that the boys' numbers are shrinking, a girl will win this Thursday, whether it's Natalie, Michelle, or Nicole. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

LMAO.

The game isn't only about winning competitions. Natalie's game in other aspects is about 10 times better than Victor's. Michelle is a better strategist than Victor.

Victor was already evicted for fuck's sake!

Michelle is one of the biggest misogynist.  She was largely responsible for the girls' dysfunction in the house with her petty jealousy and back biting.  She constantly plays the helpless victim with her whining and crying.  And for a good part of the game, Natalie rode on James' coat tails. 

18 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

Yes, they are such weak players that they both had a pivotal hand in getting out the player who was running the entire house when everyone else was too afraid to.

Which increased the odds of winning for Victor and Paul.

Edited by escape
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, escape said:

That's not enough to demonstrate that either should win.

Victor winning comps isn't enough to prove he should win. That's literally all he has done. He is a puppet for stronger players.

For some people winning comps is all that matters in the game, but for others the social and strategic aspects are more important. Victor is a better comp player than Natalie and Michelle (and everyone else left), but he's certainly not a better social or strategic player than either of them. Or anyone. Again, he was evicted already. And that was because his social game was horrible. He wasn't a strategic player pre eviction and he isn't one now. Paul makes all his decisions for him. He is actually riding Paul's coattails. Yes, a man can ride coattails, too!

• Love 9

I watched that podcast, too.  Maybe it was because I don't particularly like him or his season, I found myself drifting and concentrating on his tiny nose.  The TV show he will be on claims OJ is innocent.  That contributed his lack of credibility for me.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

He [Derrick] actually is leaning toward Natalie!

Nice to see Derrick is still pandering to the audience. His overwhelming horribleness is almost comforting to me now. Like at least I know Derrick will always suck. It's nice to have one constant!

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Paulie is still.......................................................talking. 

He is so afraid of being in the jury house with only women. It's sad, but scary. Honestly I think he is the biggest misogynist the show's ever had and that is truly saying something.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 12

I really, really, really want Paulie going out this week, but I really hope he goes home rather than to the Jury House.  First reason is that he'll probably win the competition for return to the house.  The second is that I kind of fear for Bridgette.  I don't think he'll bother Da (out of respect or fear of past players) and Zakiyah may be carrying Paulie-ette, but that leaves Bridgette to take his crap.  I'm not sure the other gals would help her.  Neither one likes her, and neither would want to upset Paulie.  Hope there is good security.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, escape said:

Michelle is one of the biggest misogynist.  She was largely responsible for the girls' dysfunction in the house with her petty jealousy and back biting.  She constantly plays the helpless victim with her whining and crying.  And for a good part of the game, Natalie rode on James' coat tails. 

And Victor was a huge asshole for the first two weeks, showing his own misogyny, as was Paul. I remember Bronte standing up to Paul, I think, and he completely flipped out when she did. Paul's been riding on Paulie's coattails since his team was almost completely evicted from the game, joining in with the petty discussion and he berated Bridgette for almost an hour to the point where she was crying in the London room. Paulie's been berating the women, but especially Natalie from day 1. He half stood up for Day with the butt slapping to Frank, but that's pretty much it. And look, none of the guys have apologized for their asshole behaviour. Michelle has apologized and made up for it; she even has admitted her jealousy toward Bridgette and she says often how she hasn't been a good person and she shit talks. She's been trying to correct that now. Natalie has made up for her stuff as well to Victor. Paulie's playing the helpless victim now. Corey's been floating behind Paulie, having fun times with Nicole, cuddling with Paulie, and saying very inappropriate and sexist things, not standing up for anyone once. He won one HOH for DE and two vetos, once to save himself, and once to....get out Bridgette? Nicole has been sitting comfortably, being protected by Paulie/Corey and has said bitchy and callous things about the girls. The boys have said bitchy and callous things about the girls. People have been throwing each other under the bus for 'strategy'. 

Guess what? They all play their own shitty games, all of them. Not one person has played a clean game. Comp wins are not enough to say that someone deserves to win the game. I don't think Michelle should win. She's been all over the place and I don't know what she'd do next. I think Natalie should win because sure, she's been riding James' coat-tails, but that was because all of the people she trusted were being knocked off and she needed someone to help her get to jury. And look, the moment she was locked in for jury, she started playing the game. She laid low until then and look, now she's in a good spot. 

I don't mean to sound so aggressive and defensive right now, but I just don't like that the girls are being berated for not playing a good game and the boys are. They all have their flaws. The girls weren't playing a good game a few weeks ago, I'll admit that. But now, at least Natalie is. Nicole's trying, but her game is already being figured out. Sure, guys like Victor, Paul, and Paulie are more loud about their gameplay, but that doesn't mean that girls like Natalie or Nicole aren't playing a good game. They're doing the behind the scenes stuff....or at least Natalie is. She absolutely deserves more credit than anyone is giving her (something that Derrick pointed out, as did this Taran Armstrong on Rob's podcast). 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Victor winning comps isn't enough to prove he should win. That's literally all he has done. He is a puppet for stronger players.

For some people winning comps is all that matters in the game, but for others the social and strategic aspects are more important. Victor is a better comp player than Natalie and Michelle (and everyone else left), but he's certainly not a better social or strategic player than either of them. Or anyone. Again, he was evicted already. And that was because his social game was horrible. He wasn't a strategic player pre eviction and he isn't one now. Paul makes all his decisions for him. He is actually riding Paul's coattails. Yes, a man can ride coattails, too!

You're actually making a case for Paul to win.

Edited by escape
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Nice to see Derrick is still pandering to the audience. His overwhelming horribleness is almost comforting to me now. Like at least I know Derrick will always suck. It's nice to have one constant!

Heh, he probably is. He isn't watching the feeds much and only sees the episodes and the clips people send him. I can't help it; I fall under his spell every time he speaks! I totally believe that he's rooting for Natalie. Plus, he called Paulie basically an idiot and didn't stand up for him, so that's a plus in my book. He's smart at knowing what the audience likes, at the very least. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, escape said:

Ironically, you had said you prefer Michelle or Natalie to win, even though both are weaker competitors than Victor (and Paul).  And Michelle has a lousy social game. 

Most of these people have had a lousy social game at some point. They appear to be locked in a house with people who stopped maturing in junior high. (And really, when is the last time you said, "I wish I could relive my junior high years! Those were awesome!")

Look. Had BB cast more women who weren't mean girls who couldn't work with other women, some of the women might have been able to play a more dominant game. But BB didn't do that. Gasp. Shock. Surprise. So the ones smart enough do things like play as part of a duo, letting the guy get credit for the strategy (hi, James and Natalie) and trying to fly under the radar, because if you get noticed, you get targeted.

That doesn't make them inferior players. That makes them realists who actually want to make it to the end, which they wouldn't do if they were more overt. See Da.

Who you see as the BEST player is certainly debatable, but dismissing the women's more subtle game means you're underestimating them. To be honest, with this cast it was sort of a deck stacked against them and people are penalizing them for not playing more overtly--which would have failed.

I could probably make a case for Nat, Paul, or Victor as best player depending on my mood, and I think Michelle has done some interesting things and can finish strong. I'm not saying Paul and Victor don't deserve accolades for their moves. I AM saying so do Michelle and Nat.

• Love 13

Anymore everything seems to warrant the label misogyny and it's kind of sad to see it diluted.  If anyone who played against Day and Zakiyah's interests, including Day and Zakiyah, were accused of racism there'd be an outcry and rightly so.  Because it's not automatically racism.  But misogyny claims get tossed out all day long.   

I'm not saying some of these guys aren't prejudice against women but I'm pretty sure Michelle and Nicole are not woman-haters, despite their immaturity, alliances, emotions, dicknosis or whatever else they've done to embarrass themselves.  

I've always said whoever wins the game was the best player because they won. They got to the end, and got the vote. That's it. If, for instance, Corey wins? I will roll my eyes, promptly forget this whole season, but will still say he was the best player.

That said, I will continue to root for Natalie and Michelle, and I really don't give a fuck if that makes me somehow sexist.

So there was BB announcement and now everyone is happy. Some sort of party?

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 15

So, I guess BB have some concert for the houseguests? Some guy named Ziggy Marley? I just looked him up and he's Bob Marley's son. I...um...cool? I guess they desperately need something to fill up Thursday's episode, now that there's not much drama with Paulie leaving. Or, they've had this planned for a while and it coincidentally fell on this week.

ETA: Or, I guess, it's for the Friday episode? Who knows. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1

I have no clue what the plans are to fill four episodes this week, but I would be riveted if one entire episode featured Paulie's nervous breakdown as he prepares to enter the jury house, and his reception upon walking in the front door.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I'm not saying some of these guys aren't prejudice against women but I'm pretty sure Michelle and Nicole are not woman-haters, despite their immaturity, alliances, emotions, dicknosis or whatever else they've done to embarrass themselves.  

I'd probably go more with mean girls with insecurity issues. I don't think most of the guys are true misogynists either (and boy, have I met some). They either go with the flow or when they get angry with someone, they use whatever attacks and terms they can. Since there are lots of negative terms for women, those get used. Paulie definitely has severe women issues. The rest I would chalk up to a combo of trying to fit in and general cultural attitudes.

That being said, just because I don't think people are misogynists doesn't mean I think they're going to reward the sexes the same way for the same behavior.

• Love 2

So, I decided to think about evictions and how the rest of the season's schedule could go. So, the finale airs on Sept. 21st. There are eight people in the house this week, soon to be seven. If I'm calculating correctly, I think they need one person to come back in the game (or have a no eviction week as a twist) and have no more DEs for the timing to work out? Correct me if my schedule math is wrong. 

13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This made me think of when Sheryl Crowe played a concert in the backyard for the HGs. That was forever ago.

Why in the world would they even think to ask Ziggy Marley to be on this show? And why would he agree?! 

I'm more shocked that he agreed, to be honest. A reggae show in the backyard and no weed? Paul is going to see this as a 2nd punishment. So not friendship.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why in the world would they even think to ask Ziggy Marley to be on this show? And why would he agree?! 

It's probably just the squirrel in dreadlocks.

• Love 10

I liked Derrick. I can't stand Paulie, and would love to see him go in the jury house. Why? Because if he tried pulling this same bs behavior, Da' would run him up one side and down the other. THAT is something I'd like to see.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I just had a thought: maybe this concert will be the Friday ep.

Paul just confirmed this on the feeds, actually! I guess they told them about the special Friday episode.

I'll admit, the paranoid part of me thinks that there'll be a perk to help Paulie out or that this is proof that Paulie has the RT, but I can't imagine Grodner and Production want to keep him around. So I'm trying to tell my Paranoid Part to go away. 

• Love 2

First off, I'm sad when my posts don't merge together. Most of the time it works, but other times it doesn't. 

Second off, Natalie pulled her neck and is now in pain. Poor girl! I hope she gets better! James is massaging it right now and Nicole/Michelle have been asking her how she's feeling. Corey's just sitting there like an idiot. I just turned on the feeds, but Corey's been silent. 

Oh, and not Jeffish are on. Can they find something different to show rather than the Austin interview? I am so annoyed by him. 

It seems a little fishy to me.

I'm hoping this means they were fully intending on having a jury buyback, but Paulie's behavior changed their minds.  Just too big of a risk that he would come back.  They could skip the 2nd DE and the dates would still work out.

Or maybe Paulie has the return trip, which would suck.

• Love 1

Buyback is any type of competition or event that returns you to the house after eviction.  Battle back is the tournament style of comps we saw Victor win earlier in the season.  A battle back is a type of buyback, and having the return trip envelope is also a type of buyback.

At least, that's my understanding.

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Cosmosgravitation said:

I'm hoping this means they were fully intending on having a jury buyback, but Paulie's behavior changed their minds.  Just too big of a risk that he would come back.  They could skip the 2nd DE and the dates would still work out.

Victor gave up $5000 to get the veto.  I think that is all he meant.  

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Cosmosgravitation said:

I think it could go either way.  I mean, it still could be a buyback, as the buyback can't take up the whole episode (unless they planned it a Battle Back), but I'm not convinced. Also, I don't think they had plans for any buyback, only because Julie didn't tell Day, Zak, or Bridgette that their games may not be over. So that's what is making me think there's no buyback. 

Their dates could work out with no returning HG, I realize. There just can't be another DE. I think it's possible that Paulie will be gone and nobody will return. Their plans must have changed after they saw how Paulie reacted to being a target. I know Production have made a lot of shitty decisions when keeping a volatile HG in the house, but I think the last person they want in the house is someone who willingly disrespects the game and Production even without saying that they hate Production/the game out loud. 

With that, I'm going back and forth on feeling relaxed and feeling completely nervous. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't think they asked him specifically.  They needed a concert and got who was available.  

4 hours ago, diana said:

I would love to see them rip their envelopes open since all but Paulie's and Corey's are null and void at this point anyway. BUT, I'm guessing if anyone has that bright idea, Production will probably nix it pretty quick.

I'm not so sure about that. I believe Nicole mentioned sometime yesterday to Corey that the next HOH will probably be something easy like questions. Reason being is that they will all be in their costumes (I assume they will be?). They wouldn't make them do a physical comp dressed up, would they?

They made Jordan do the slip and slide one in her unitard.

• Love 1

Aw, I love Ziggy Marley...  Is Paulie still crying / campaigning / douchebagging?   Yeah, like others, I'm a little apprehensive about this buy / bring back business.  

Another thing - everyone's worried about Z going back with Paulie, but I'm not so sure he's not going to give her the cold shoulder when he gets to jury.  I guess we'll see if he really liked her (in his own gross way - "boned her!") or if he just needed a number / Victoria for his game.  If she's lucky, he'll distance himself when he gets there - might be easier on her in the long run. 

2 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

I've always said whoever wins the game was the best player because they won. They got to the end, and got the vote. That's it. If, for instance, Corey wins? I will roll my eyes, promptly forget this whole season, but will still say he was the best player.

That is how look at it, too.   Season 6 tested me on this though, big time.  :) 

• Love 1

Ziggy Marley probably has an album or tour to promote. It's kinda funny that they're having him perform and the setting is a 'country fair."  I read a comment somewhere asking if CBS could be using the special episode to promote the new season starting soon. I hadn't considered that and hope that's not what they're doing.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

but...but, he cried and stuff!  His eyes got all puffy with the sads!  Corey's his, like, EVERYTHING in the house!  Paulie said he might lose on purpose so Corey can stay!!

LOLOLOLOLZZZZ

...unless Corey has a PoV in hand, of course.

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: Nicole is whining about how upset she'll be if Michelle gets the next care package. Thanks for helping me make up my mind, Nicole. BRB going to vote for Michelle for co-HOH!

I will say - I've been throwing throwing my votes for Victor solely because his reward for (presumably) getting Paulie getting kicked to the JH curb is to be defenseless next week, but this was a pretty compelling argument for Michelle - at least until...

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

But wait ... Victor said it would be hilarious if Nicole won HoH and then he got something from a care package that let him nominate Corey. So maybe I should in fact be voting for Victor. 

...and now I'm right back to Victor again.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, urusai said:

I hope Ziggy shares a spliff with Paul to help with his "cataracts".

Did he say that? LMAO! At least get your fake diagnosis right. It's glaucoma, fool!

• Love 2

Nicole is the same exact player from her original season, so I'm genuinely bemused about people saying they loved Nicole in S16 but can't abide by her now. Before she was shunned from the dominant group in S16, she spent her days with Christine talking shit about all the female houseguests and when she got the buyback, she spent her time sucking up the guys in the house. So thank you peachmangosteen for keeping it real in here. Nicole has never been a fan of women and she never will!

• Love 19