Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Doctor Psycho

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm liking Alex more in this storyline away from Piper. And this is coming from a viewer who disliked Alex very, very much in the first couple of seasons. But, I for one, love whatever is going on here with her and Lolly. Also that moment between Healey, Lolly, and Alex was gold. 

I couldn't care less and less about Piper's storylines. I hope real Piper is not like gangstA Piper at all.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 14

Even with another Healy flashback, I still don't feel remorse for him. He's said and done some despicable things, but I still love to hate him. Even with his actions toward Lolly this episode, it's not like it's because he actually cares about her. It's because of his earlier actions with Judy, tied together with the flashbacks. 

Piper is going to be knocked down many, many pegs by the end of this season, and I look forward to it with each passing episode. She's been such a little twit toward everyone that now her only likeable scenes are with Alex. And I disliked the couple for three seasons. 

Sophia is losing it. But hey, look who's back because of her actions putting her into Max! Nicky! 

Aleida is getting out? That's cool. It's kind of neat to see how she's been fixing her relationship with Daya, and now she's actually getting out. I really hope she does. Not only because I don't like her character much, but also because it'll be nice to see someone we've known since the first season to get out.

There were small moments with other characters, which was nice too. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Even Piper's scenes with Alex aren't that likable. Even Alex seems annoyed by her. As one should be. Every time she opens her mouth, I want to punch her. It's funny that the show seems to know this as she has become so much less of a focal point.

Healey isn't the best, but I don't like any of the other guards at this point since the old ones left.

If Aleida gets out, I would assume she's still going to be around, probably come visit Daya, right? 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Even with another Healy flashback, I still don't feel remorse for him. He's said and done some despicable things, but I still love to hate him. Even with his actions toward Lolly this episode, it's not like it's because he actually cares about her. It's because of his earlier actions with Judy, tied together with the flashbacks. 

I don't either. He was way creepy with the homeless woman when he found out she wasn't his mother. "Stay with me. Who else is going to help you now?" Gross. Also forcing his idea of the cooking class on Judy King was creepy, everything from telling her the order was coming from MCC and then accusing her of not wanting to help others. I thought she handled him well, though. 

MY NICKY!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!

I also agree with everyone who is enjoying way less Piper. Alex is far more interesting without her, and Laura P. is able to do more than just grump around and scowl. I'm finding the darker story lines (the body in the garden and Sophia's arc) a lot more engaging than the wackiness of Felonious Spunk or the Cult of Norma. 

Don't know where they're going with the PIscatella character, but I did lol heartily when he yelled all drill-sargent style that they were going to get to know each other by saying two true things and one lie about themselves, and he has to guess which is the lie.

• Love 12

I was so excited to see Nicky again, but I'll be devastated if we don't see her again. I hope they didn't get Natasha Leggero back for just a cameo. Everything to do with Sophia's storyline is breaking my heart. 

• Love 2

Healy is only nice to Lolly because he is always trying to "fix" the inmates to satisfy or resolve his own issues.  Last season he was trying to get Red to be almost his replacement wife because he and his mail order bride weren't happy together.  Now he's counseling Lolly because her mental health issues remind him of his mother's illness.  He was only a little boy and couldn't help his mother, so now he will try to force Lolly into that role not because he actually cares about her or any inmate but because it would make him feel better.

I've actually enjoyed Alex and Lolly's storyline.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Aja said:

I don't either. He was way creepy with the homeless woman when he found out she wasn't his mother. "Stay with me. Who else is going to help you now?" Gross. Also forcing his idea of the cooking class on Judy King was creepy, everything from telling her the order was coming from MCC and then accusing her of not wanting to help others. I thought she handled him well, though

Which is why I found it highly amusing that the first time he seems to actually have "helped" someone - he's got it all so very wrong.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, clanstarling said:

Which is why I found it highly amusing that the first time he seems to actually have "helped" someone - he's got it all so very wrong.

Yeah, that was kind of snort-worthy. Healy inadvertently did something good and right. His motivations were warped and he totally missed out the heart of the story (and to his credit, sort of, I can't imagine anyone would sit through that story and find the nugget of truth in it because it was so wrapped in crazy paranoia), but in the end it works for Alex and Lolly. And speaking of Lolly, this episode was kind of a turning point for me. She has pretty much driven me nuts with her nuts, but when Healy "saved" her from being taken to Psych and she was sitting in his office, I suddenly felt very bad for Lolly. I don't want to see too much of her because it's exhausting, but I also don't want anything bad to happen to her.

Caputo on the other hand - lock that fucker up in solitary with nothing to stare at but his stupid Side Boob flier. I don't know who's the bigger joke - him or Gangsta Piper. She really has no clue, does she? And wth with sending her bunk mate to put the smackdown on one of Maria's girls? Her bunk mate is confusing me because one minute she doesn't let piper push her around but the next she's offering to go yank some chick's hair because she gives a wicked Indian burn?

I'm hoping that Sophia's and Nikki's appearances mean we can see less of Piper because she bores me and I don't care about funky panties and the gangs that make and market them.

• Love 4
On 6/18/2016 at 9:04 PM, AmandaPanda said:

I was so excited to see Nicky again, but I'll be devastated if we don't see her again. I hope they didn't get Natasha Leggero back for just a cameo. 

It's Natasha Lyonne.

Sorry, but I REALLY don't like Natasha Leggero.  She fucking sucks.

• Love 6

Frieda's (I think that's her name) deadpan "We're going to have to kill her" after the meeting between Lolly, Red, and Alex cracked me up.  I'll admit, it caught me off guard, but I found it weirdly sweet that Healy was able to help Lolly.   And I have had a long-standing (rather unfair) annoyance with Lori Petty because of Kit in A League of Their Own, but I think she's been doing a really great job as Lolly.  "Great counseling here; I'm continually impressed!" was hilarious.

I believe this happened in this episode (I can't remember if it happened in this or the previous ep), but I threw up in my mouth a little when Coates told Tucky he didn't think what he did was rape because "he loved her."  And what was even grosser was that he appeared to believe that and it wasn't just something that he was saying to get her off his back.  Yuck yuck yuck. 

• Love 10

I don't know that we were supposed to come away from this liking Healey better, or whatever, just understand what makes him tick. And also see that a lot of his issues have been there for a long time. They certainly don'r shy from showing him in an unflattering light, the way he was pressuring his social work client was also super creepy, for another example.

Sophia's attempts to vandalize and protest her way out of solitary are going to backfire spectacularly. Starting a fire was in particular, really dumb.

• Love 2
(edited)

See, I get Healy and his story, I'm aware of all his deeds and flaws, but ever since the last season, I'm empathetic towards him despite everything. The same goes for Lorna, she has put a spell on me from the start, so I catch myself gushing with her when she talks about something, even though she's crazy and all that. I know, I know, but at least I'm aware of it! lol

I was glad to see Nicky and I hope she will return soon!

I was interested in seeing how Alex and co will get rid of Lolly. I'm curious about the way things will go from now on, especially since Lolly thinks she didn't kill anybody after all. Will they still go after her or will they leave her alone because she's at peace about the whole thing?

I almost forgot - I love that Maria is challenging Piper!! I can't wait until she hits the ground real hard.

Edited by EuropeanGirl
  • Love 1
On 6/19/2016 at 6:38 PM, Maysie said:

Her bunk mate is confusing me because one minute she doesn't let piper push her around but the next she's offering to go yank some chick's hair because she gives a wicked Indian burn?

It was my understanding that Piper's bunkmate was being dry and almost sarcastic when she offered to yank someone's hair, as she could not have looked more bored to me at that moment.

On 6/18/2016 at 10:27 AM, Aja said:

I don't either. He was way creepy with the homeless woman when he found out she wasn't his mother. "Stay with me. Who else is going to help you now?" Gross. Also forcing his idea of the cooking class on Judy King was creepy, everything from telling her the order was coming from MCC and then accusing her of not wanting to help others. I thought she handled him well, though.

Healy grosses me out too but in theory part of me liked that he got Judy King to teach the cooking class for several reasons. First of all, she has an actual skill that she can teach the others. Like a legal normal skill that they can all use whether it's to cook for themselves/their families or to get a job in a restaurant when they get out. Secondly, she is getting a lot of perks (which she didn't ask for but she did accept) and she doesn't have to do anything gross like clean the bathrooms so this can be her contribution to prison life while she's there. Thirdly, it allows the inmates to have some contact with her but without forcing her to be BFFs with them which means it will probably get them to calm down about having a celebrity there (as opposed to freaking out whenever she walks by). So even though I'm glad she's agreed to teach the class, I hate the way that he went about it (which is par for the course). ITA that the way he tried to guilt trip that homeless woman after he found out she wasn't his mother was straight out of the emotionally abusive handbook. Ugh. That is what emotionally abusive men usually say to their girlfriends/wives when they think they are trying to leave. "I'm the only one who cares about you. No one else is going to want you."

• Love 5

I'm completely over the Judy King story.  I don't find TV personality type celebrities interesting in real life and I don't find her interesting here.

Moving Red into the Frida-Lolly-Alex hide a body story is all kinds of terrific.  I generally like Alex in small doses for her caustically cerebral sensibility and with Piper not at all but I'm loving her here.  Red and Frida are darkly hilarious and Red is right in that for someone who loves to show how over it all she is she's really terrible at this, although she is doing a nice job of convincing me of her ever increasing panic that her fate is tied to a woman who rolls in the dirt and screams about the NSA and FEMA.  It's also a nice touch that in Healy's continuing efforts to prove that he's a good guy and not at all a creeper that he completely missed the boat on Lolly and convinced her that the one true thing in her ramblings is something that isn't.  Lori Petty is breaking my heart a little here.

Nothing in Healy's backstory is really surprising, even the reveal that he was trying to force inappropriate relationships with counseling clients in regular practice before he got to Litchfield.  He's always been that guy who thinks he can "fix" women and then they'll be correspondingly grateful.  The scene with the homeless woman who wasn't his mom disturbingly brought that at home. 

I wish I was surprised that Coates doesn't think he's a rapist because he said he loved Doggett but I'm not.

• Love 2

I don't think he is. The 'nice guy' waits around being nice until the woman has some realization that he is the one she needs all along. 

On 7/3/2016 at 4:41 PM, nodorothyparker said:

He's always been that guy who thinks he can "fix" women and then they'll be correspondingly grateful.  The scene with the homeless woman who wasn't his mom disturbingly brought that at home. 

Yeah. He thinks he's entitled to the woman because he 'fixed' her. That's way worse imo. The nice guy is kind of harmless and just hanging around. 

• Love 1
On June 22, 2016 at 3:22 AM, Latverian Diplomat said:

Sophia's attempts to vandalize and protest her way out of solitary are going to backfire spectacularly. Starting a fire was in particular, really dumb.

I don't disagree that the behavior will make things worse for her, but locking a person up in solitary confinement makes them really unstable mentally, and fairly quickly. I thought this was very realistic, and horrifying.

• Love 3