Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E07: Camilanator: Salvation

• Start Topic

Reading the plot a few minutes before this episode starts.. 'So.. does this mean said challenger gets a phone call and decides to go home? These challengers are really going out like flies. They don't even need to have eliminations anymore' is my first thought.  

How much footage do we have to endure of these people partying? I get it, it's what they do a lot of the challenge but at this point, how is this season even going to have an unseen moments? Most of the unseen moments in those specials are about them..partying.

Tony, I don't really know him or remember him from challenges, but I do applaud him for trying to talk to Camilla. And I love that Tony I guess has the same temper as Camilla. That's the worst ever. This may show my age but when he smashed the plates I had a wonderful flashback memory of that time when Ruthie on RW Hawai broke glasses and one of the roommates was like, "those were our nice glasses! what if we have company?"

I feel sad for Camilla. Losing anyone is tough and I don't know if her 'I couldn't go to the funeral' was because she couldn't mentally or because traveling back, she wouldn't get there in time anyway. I don't really know.

To be real, I can't add anything on the fight with that one guy and the other guy whose names escape me because.. I don't know them? but they were fighting and the only thing I can really offer is that Jamie is good people. I've liked him since Bloodlines. Aside from that, the fight..was a thing. I don't really understand what these people fight about because they are all so wasted out of their minds, nothing makes sense then and I'm supposed to understand what these people are talking about when they probably even don't? Whatever. And whatever that guys "THIS IS WHAT I DO!" because the challengers have a mental capacity of like five year olds. 

I love it when we actually get to see a challenge this season! Because you know..this is the challenge. This challenge was kind of fun. Ugh. I hate it when Johnny and Sarah do well now. They are the worst. Nany and Wes are sort of my OTP and not in a romantic way to win this challenge. They also don't seem like they hate each other that much. I mean, I knew they fought on a challenge once but aside from that, it's funny to watch rivals who actually dislike each other and not in the possible fake way Sarah and Johnny may have but actual dislike and then watch Wes and Nany who probably don't really like each other but don't hate the way some teams do. KA and Jamie did bad which makes me sad since I like Jamie. I don't know who the winners are, Nate and Christina, except for the episode last week when they lost their token but aside from that, they seem like nice people. Christina has pretty hair. 

Camillia's non apology to Christina/Nate was... a non apology. And I'm glad Nate called her out on her "if you hadn't had lost your token", instead of when it happened after the challenge, then yeah, they wouldn't be thinking of your names in the first place. Tony at least owed up it when it wasn't even really him, he was just in by association. 

Nate and Christina not putting in Camilla and Tony makes no sense. Camilla and Tony lied and Camilla made a big thing out of not admitting what she did and then freaked the hell out when she was caught.

We get an elimination tonight too! Woo. It's like an actual challenge episode tonight. 

Wes keeps being my challenge favorite even on the odd commercial snippets with his dislike for Johnny's cousin Pineapple! I really want to be Wes's best friend and go out drinking with him. I believe he is good people too. I would totally hang out with him and I know the yogurt business was one of his many business that he works with or that he builds or something but I would very much like to go to said yogurt business and eat yogurt with him. Wes, keep being awesome. Never change.

The elimination was tough. But I am so happy that KA and Jamie won. They are my second fave after Nany and Wes.

• Love 2
(edited)

Oddly, I found myself rooting for Nelson and Amanda. Wtf is wrong with me.

I see what the cast members meant. Ever since Simone left, everything has been so peaceful. @@

Stupid move not putting in Tony and Camilla. 

That mission looked painful for some of them. I saw knees hitting the edge. Ouch. But fun to watch.

Corey and Cheyenne are cute. So weird to hear two people on a challenge talk about sexual tensionension and enjoying each other's company.

Next week looks juicy...

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 2

Camila upload a video on youtube talking about how hard was this challenge, how she had suicidal thoughts and how the challenges are a big part of her life.... is crazy how many people she has lost off and on the challenges, she mentioned loosing her father when she was doing free agents, his grandfather and grandmother also died during filming the shows, also a cousin, and diem and knight. 

This girl needs a break, and not a short one but a big one, camila snaps at everything and makes a big deal all the time. And making this shows like she said a big part of their life its really not healthy.

• Love 4

This is the most drama filled season ever. I wonder why Camilla couldn't go back for the funeral. I felt awful for her having to miss that. I did not however feel bad for the way she kept insisting that she did nothing wrong with the token. They didn't lose the token if she is the one who took it. I don't know why she couldn't have just apologize for it. Nate and Christina should have listened to Amanda and put them in. Every year there are these newbies who try to shake up the vets world and they would be able to get away with it if the other newbies would join in.

• Love 3

They must be getting directed by production who to send in. Otherwise , I can't understand why the AYTO kids are cannibalizing their own instead of banding together. It makes no sense. 

• Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, Pixel said:

They must be getting directed by production who to send in. Otherwise , I can't understand why the AYTO kids are cannibalizing their own instead of banding together. It makes no sense. 

To kiss the ass of the vets would be the answer to that. It's what happens virtually every other season. The newbies these days often have the numbers to over power but fall in line with the vets every time.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

To kiss the ass the vets would be the answer to that. It's what happens virtually every other season. The newbies these days often have the numbers to over power but fall in line with the vets every time.

Either that or maybe this pair had some alliance going.  Or think that they have an alliance with one of the vets, maybe something like Bananas promising to throw in the other AYTO teams before them.

Strange that 2 of the 3 teams they considered throwing in were AYTO teams and Tony and Camilla were in there because of the token thing.

I think they played it smart.  Bananas and Sarah are a strong team and will win often.  By aligning themselves with the Vets they ensure a relatively safe run to the 6 team mark (after the other ayto teams are gone).  And after that if Camilla and Bananas has their back and won't say their name, the Vets probably look to take out Wes next or Cory/Ashley.  

Regardless if Christina/Nate have Bananas/Sarah and Camilla/Tony, that's  solid group to run with to the final.  And honestly those teams would LOVE to carry them along as a layup or a possible third place team to the finals.

Relationships matter on this show.

• Love 2

I thought Nate and Christina were totally stupid to not send Camila and Tony in.  I wonder if it was at all about how Christina hooked up with Tony in the last challenge.  She can't have thought that Camila's "heartfelt" apology was anything other than dramatic lip service.  Camila will throw her in without even thinking about it down the line.  I also think since Christina was on a challenge before...instead of being a AYTO newbie...she likes to consider herself someone who is in with the vets.  Good luck with that.  

That cold water elimination.  Eeek.  I was impressed that Kelly Anne did better than Jamie in there.  I thought she would gonna have a rough time because she is so stick thin and so doesn't have any body fat to help her out, but she was a trooper.  And I was glad to see them win...since I don't know who any of these AYTO people are and want all them to go home.  

Wes.  I adore you.  Pineapples for the win.  I also love his flippant shade that he takes one challenge off and MTV creates this douchecanoe.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, threemileallan said:

I think they played it smart.  Bananas and Sarah are a strong team and will win often.  By aligning themselves with the Vets they ensure a relatively safe run to the 6 team mark (after the other ayto teams are gone).  And after that if Camilla and Bananas has their back and won't say their name, the Vets probably look to take out Wes next or Cory/Ashley.  

Regardless if Christina/Nate have Bananas/Sarah and Camilla/Tony, that's  solid group to run with to the final.  And honestly those teams would LOVE to carry them along as a layup or a possible third place team to the finals.

Relationships matter on this show.

Agreed. Nate and Christina made a deal with Plantains and Jenna after the first night. While normally I'd recommend the AYTO kids banding together, I think there is enough of a house divide between Johnny and Wes that the vets are split down the middle, which makes it easier to pick a side than try and form a third division that will only unite the vets against them.

And had Camila gone in, she likely would have come back out, either because she didn't draw the black skull, or she won an elimination. And with her insane grudge holding, anytime a friend of hers won, Camila would be campaigning against Christina and Nate.

• Love 2

I'll argue against Camilla likely winning because that woman is a basket case in stressful situations. If at any moment it seemed like they wouldn't be able to solve the puzzle she would have melted down. And f that. Christina and Nate are still expendable no matter how much assume they kiss. I get not throwing in a bananas and Sarah team. They are likely to win. But, they could have chosen people they have actual beef with or a lesser team that they have no ties to. They straight up went after their friends. That makes you look untrustworthy and creates more enemies down the line.

• Love 5

But they don't know what the elimination challenge will be when they are picking people to go in. Camila is a good physical competitor. Plus, she only would have had a 50% chance of going in anyways.

• Love 1

Anyone else think it was gross that Jamie peed in the ice tub? Eww. I am glad they won though!  Freckle girl was a nightmare! No offense, I just don't know her name. 

Tony, so pretty to look at, but acts so dumb.  

This challenge was a fun one to watch. Not too long and drawn out.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Tatum said:

But they don't know what the elimination challenge will be when they are picking people to go in. Camila is a good physical competitor. Plus, she only would have had a 50% chance of going in anyways.

There nothing intimidating about Camilla or Tony as a team. They are not a good team. They are like the only rivals that are actually rivals at this point, it's not like Camilla is running around racking up wins all over the place and she's often a unstable wreck in critical situations. Better them than one of the more stable teams.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 1

Camilla & Tony should have been nominated.  When even Tony is questioning your strategy, you have a problem.  I don't think Camilla's apology counted for anything, though.  I think Mate & Christina felt sorry for her because her grandmother just died and they didn't want to be those assholes.

• Love 1

Goodness, Devin was annoying during his drunken tirade. I'm surprised nobody punched him sooner.

I'm not the biggest fan of Ashley but I kinda like her and Cory's partnership. They get along and they seem to have fun. 

Wes! I didn't think it was possible but I kinda like him now. Pineapples was hilarious! 

So long Amanda! 

• Love 2

Damn Cory again with his cuteness again chanting the Cool Runnings bobsled line before taking off on the cart. 

I was kinda surprised that Camila stayed instead of going home to be with her family.  But then again, kinda not.  I loved that her whole spiel to Christina about people being saying anything to stay out of the jungle was exactly what she was doing. 

• Love 2

Calmer episode, even with Devin and Camila's respective drama. Devin needs to be kicked hard. And often. Camila is in dire need of a straitjacket. I'm hoping she talked to her family before the Challenge about potential tragedy. Wouldn't be surprised if BMP slid her money under the table to stay, so that we would be spared another non-Jungle elimination.

"Vinny Pineapple" shows why Wes is not that cool. He just overthinks things, including the derogatory nickname for Vince. I go with "Wince" because it's got the same number of letters.

Interesting mission. Also nice that an AYTO team threw in two other AYTO pairs into the Jungle. That's good because I don't give two shits about that show, and I don't want any of those kids near the finale. It would be more fun if they sent in Chanel and Steelo to the Challenge.

ETA: For the record, "Plantains" is something Johnny and/or Wince would come up with. Just my opinion.

• Love 1
(edited)

Christina and Nate's decision will either earn them some favours or blow up in their face. They had an easy ride because everyone thought they were useless and wouldn't win a single challenge. Now they have and while that doesn't automatically make them a threat, it does suggest on a good day they have what it takes and can have the power to get rid of one of the vets. The vets will either appreciate their choices or they just weakened what is an obvious (and majority) alliance among the AYTO group to at least knock off some strong vets in the game. 

Amanda's luck is horrible. She had the best odds to pick a white skull and got the black one on the first try, lol. 

Edited by RHJunkie

The more I watch this season, the more I miss the glory days of the Challenge, with Wes, Kenny, Evan, Rachel, Brad, Derrick, Ev, Bananas, etc--that was so much more enticing to me than this group of people. I'm not condoning sexual assault (as in, I get why Evan and Kenny are no longer allowed to be on these shows) but as personalities they made far better TV than this group. The fact that Cory, Tony, Vince, Tom, etc are all now seen as "vets" is ridiculous to me. Cory and Tony have been on ONE other season as this show, as had Vince. Tom it was 2 before this, I believe. In seasons past, that was still considered being a rookie. I get that they need to create a new generation of people. I just wish they wouldn't try to play the rookie/vet card because essentially EVERYONE, except for Bananas, Wes, KellyAnne, Nany, Sarah, and Camila, is a rookie this season.

• Love 1

Almost everyone was clamoring for a regime change back when Kenny and crew kept monopolizing the game and now there is clamoring for those "Good Ole days". I put that in quotes because of don't miss it at all. I'm happy that the game is wide open even with the vets and no one group is controlling the game. Good riddance to them. The smug coming off of them was more than enough for me by their end.

But, I'm also the anomaly. I don't have a problem with the ayto crew. They've been bringing in fresh meat of all kinds for years now. It also shows that thankfully a lot of the old standards moved on with their lives which I'm happy to see. I have a problem with the competitors because they sucks for one reason or another. Not because I don't know them. 

I feel like this what good episode to show what this show could be with outside issues and I think it looks good.

• Love 7

Didn't really like how the title spoiled that Camila was not going home (because they wouldn't put "Salvation" if she lost).  I don't really see how this was salvation though--seems an extreme word for "didn't really ever apologize properly, but played mind games on Christina so she didn't get sent in"--but whatever.  I am sorry for her loss, but I like her less and less all the time.  "The way she is" is not an excuse for how she treats people.  

Still dislike Bananas more.

• Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Well when I say good old days I'm talking about challengers who will never be coming back and have retired. Those are my good old days.

I know what you are saying. I don't miss them. There were some fun times then but I'm not clamoring for that time frame. With all the good it had, it had a group of people at the center I grew tired of real quick. 

They actually should have called the episode camillinator: judgement day since she was still being judged by her previous action and got off anyway. Sadly they probably trying to avoid the number 2 in the title. Maybe next time.

Edited by Racj82
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

"Judgement Day" was used last season. And you might wish to take reminisce about prior editions on the Past Seasons thread.

I didn't start the reminiscing. Just a tangent that was started. This season as a whole has inspired many people to think back. I'm cool with this season.

I've got to say that Tony is probably a lifer for this. He doesn't seem to be focused on maturing at all, the more mouths he has to feed the more money he needs, he loves the booze, he's highly emotional, etc. Yeah, he'll be around for a while. 

• Love 4